The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“Across the Universe”

I am an angel.

In Japan, our kind are called “Tenchi”, of both heaven and earth. We are granted certain powers over mortals. We have the power to conquer minds. We have the power to win hearts. We have the power to awaken sleeping powers that exist within all of mankind...

And yet, none of us are happy with our lot in life. We all seek more. Or perhaps I am the only one that does, and that is why I am here. There was a story of the angel that was cast out of heaven for loving God too much, or for defying His order. That may or may not be me.

But the truth is that as far back as I can remember, people have listened to my words as if they were divine truth... captivated with my words. Controlled by the hope that I bring.

Do angels confess? Should they?

Love is what I desired—what I always desired and what I yearned for. But how could one such as me know what love is? People naturally gravitated towards me, for whatever reason. I knew it was this power that I exuded, this animal magnetism. This mind control.

So though I have believed myself to have loved, and I have had many lovers—I have never truly loved.

The paradoxes of life tug at your mind even now, don’t they?

* * *

Gwendolyn was the first girl I loved.

Our paths crossed in a moment. I was immersed in a world that appreciated my existence but did not praise it. She saw who I was, and I noticed. We spoke. I enjoyed the way I could make her smile. Her hair was a vibrant red, and though I did not ask her for her dreams, I knew the ones she had were full of life. Deep inside myself, I sought to make her mine.

It was not to be.

Our paths parted almost as soon as they crossed. She said she cared for me a lot, but that she had to follow her dream. A part of me begged her to stay, though I didn’t say it. I tried to get my body to convey that fact somehow. I wasn’t going to control her with the abilities I knew I had. She wouldn’t listen—she had to go.

I let her leave.

* * *

Women are more like men than any of us know. But for reasons that I will never understand, you mortals confound and confuse each other with games designed to protect your heart. How many heartaches has this led to?

If you had my power, you would understand. How easy it is to make a girl smile just with thoughtfulness. By casting aside just for one moment the idea that you are loving a mortal and cherishing her hopes and ideas, you could see how easy it yourself. But no, you must believe you are in control of yourself.

You mortals. The day will come when you discover how out of control you truly are...

* * *

Oona was from a far away land. The land of the ice and snow?

Her heart was a beacon even when born from that place. She and I met in secret often. She was younger than the others, but she needed me. Her spirit was cold, and I warmed it with my embrace, my gaze.

She sent me letters confessing her deepest love, her desire to be with me. I knew they were untrue. I had used my power to draw her into my arms. I tried to reply to them as best I can, but my heart wasn’t in it. Eventually, I had to let her go.

It broke my heart to do it, but I let her go. She was free to make her own way in the world. I had to trust her, cold as I had found her to be. The warmth I had given her would be enough to drive her from then on.

I let her leave.

* * *

You do not yet understand the power I have fully. I have often watched the stars and wondered how they work, how they truly work. Scientists see them as balls of gas that burn far away from us, but they have never felt that way to me, because I know the truth.

Scientists know nothing about human nature. They only see walking corpses. I have never trusted them with my secrets for this reason. My powers were great and vast, but I still appeared to be mortal. I allowed them to poke and prod at me, knowing my secret would always be safe.

Throughout all that time, I only yearned to love.

* * *

I stopped asking for their names.

The next girl I loved pretended to be a woman, but she was a girl at heart and that drew me to her. She had charisma—many followers—and yet for some reason, she wanted to keep me near. I used my power to ensure that she kept me near, and she promised to keep my secrets safe. I knew there were others that she loved and I was at peace with this fact.

She was immersed in a world that was collapsing, though. She was lost in the world of mortals, and I feared for her. I allowed that fear to show and voiced my concerns to her. She said she would be fine, but I did not believe her. I realized that I was using my power to keep her near, to keep my secret safe, and that it was only harming us both by continuing to leave under this pretense.

I ran away to save her life. At least, that is what I have come to believe.

I let her go.

* * *

As one like me, it is hard to find where others like me lie. We look like regular humans, except we are timeless. We exist within time without being part of it. Mortals fear the existence of those who can defy death, so we continue to hide. In my case, this meant taking a less-than-handsome visage. People were less likely to take me seriously if I looked like an absurd joke gone wrong.

Your world is one of death and destruction, but it is also one of life and rebirth. You don’t understand this. My gift is to help people understand that, but it is also a curse because I cannot control it. No matter how I tried to hide myself, girls still melted at my feet, wanting to do anything for me.

I was forced to put on the show that I enjoyed it, because I knew showing that I didn’t like it would break their heart. But my immortal spirit, immortal as it was, was dying inside.

* * *

She was the star that touched me.

I had disguised myself as one who submits. She saw me and the desire flowed. She drew me near, and I looked in her eyes. She saw forever and wanted to keep me near. I showed her that she could love and it could be okay. That giving up everything that was important for love was perhaps the most important thing of all.

One day, she told me that she loved another, but that she still wanted to keep me. I smiled inside, knowing she would leave. It was okay, though. I continued to keep her near as long as she would have me, but I knew that her true lover was waiting for her in the mortal world. One day, she told me through tears that she needed to go to her lover. I only smiled.

I let her go.

* * *

Stars are not made up of spirits and phantoms. They are made up of the hopes and dreams of ordinary living people. This is the secret of the heavens that the scientists struggle to understand. I know that this is not really true. This is a secret that could save the world. I am forced to keep it secret.

Love is still what I desire, the only thing I desire. My power made it easy, girls would want to keep me near and hold me close. I knew that love was false, that I had put it there with my gaze, my eyes, my words and my powerful mind. But I needed that love nevertheless.

* * *

Her eyes are what got me.

She was a ghost. We met in a timeless place. I suddenly realized that either she was like me, or she was dying. For the first time, I knew fear. But she was also giving her soul to me and I couldn’t ignore that. Our encounters were brief and fleeting, but passionate. I showed her how to love, but she reminded me there is a world still to fear.

I felt her heart pull away from me and knew I had made a mistake. Was I using my power to keep her in, to continue to feel her warmth? One of us had to let go, and I knew I had to be the one to do it.

It was a dark day when I told that lie. I allowed her to believe that I was dead, that I had committed suicide out of desperation. When I heard her cry out in agony, I knew I had committed a sin in the eyes of my Lord. But I could not think of any other way to free myself from the questions that she had caused to plague my heart.

I left her in the darkness of time.

* * *

I look like you, only more so. I don’t age. Imagine not aging... what would you do? My friend, it is an overrated experience. Staying young forever is like not sleeping. You are never sure if you are living in a dream, or if others are living in a nightmare that you created. Rest assured there are others who know the truth. They are hiding for your sake.

Love is something that continued to elude me. As an angel, this infuriated me. Wasn’t love something that I was supposed to be? I brought it to others so easily, and yet I could not find it myself. There were other girls that I tried to keep near, that smiled at me so fondly, but I knew this love wasn’t true since I was using force.

And yet I continued to do it. I was losing sight of who I truly was, and using my angelic powers for wrong.

But I was not alone.

* * *

She told me I appeared in her dreams.

When I came to her, I was in the midst of confusion. She loved me as much as I loved her. I trusted this fact intimately. When we came together, it was a strange experience. I felt the reality of the pleasure I gave for the first time when I felt her lips give way under mine. I felt the connection between my spirit and hers. I heard her soul sing inside mine and for the first time I was glad for my powers.

But all things must surely have to end, and great loves must one day have to part. And she left me as well, without explaining why. She believes that her purpose in life had nothing to do with loving me, and she was afraid of what she would do to my soul if she stayed any longer. I understood this, even though she told me nothing.

Nevertheless, I constantly gaze into the sky now that she is gone, and wonder where her heart has run to. I hope that the day she realizes there is nowhere to run is not the day she realizes her fate. I hope she will return to me someday.

Despite myself, I hope.

* * *

Imagine a world that did not need the creative impulse of sex. Where would new children come from? Some think children are wonderful magic, the fruit of love. Others believe they’re innocent souls locked in a body that was made to suffer. And some cynical ones consider children a sexually transmitted disease.

The truth is, children are nothing more than a fusion of two brilliant ideas. The coming together of two different worlds to create a new one. There exists a universe inside every sleeping mind. It is a shame that bodies die, but that is only temporary. The effects of the universe within the mind never end. They affect your world immensely, for all eternity.

Perhaps that is what I was really afraid of. That I would give a woman a child, and make her suffer the pain of childbirth. Pain was something I understood. It grounds people to this earth in suffering, but some people believe it will never end.

* * *

The day we met, it was windy.

She was the first girl who resisted my powers at first. It was with a wink and a smile, but she still resisted. We spoke as if we were two ancient souls coming together comparing notes, and that thought thrilled me intensely. The idea that there was someone out there like me, able to hide from the mortal world successfully.

But she knew my true name, a name I had long since forgotten. All of a sudden, I realized that this was one girl I could not use my powers on. Using that would risk everything that the ones before me had worked for, and I could not allow that to come to pass.

And yet I loved her more than anything in this world.

I told her in secret the truth. That I was an angel—that I had used my powers to cause her to love me. I was more than surprised when she told me she didn’t mind. But she and I both knew that this was goodbye for now. She promised the next time we met, we would never say goodbye again.

I thought that the angel of death had finally come for me. I think a part of me still believes it, hopes for it, even though it’s not what I believe the truth to be.

When I close my eyes at night, I can still see her smiling...

* * *

The wind and the sea are immortal just as I am. They have spirits. Shifts in the wind or the tides can indicate a horrible event coming to pass. My kind can see these signs and move on before the situations get too dangerous. It’s a lonely existence. Others believe the wind is just the wind and the sea is just the sea. Currents in emptiness. Endless drops of water in a hole in the ground.

Short-sighted fools.

True love still eluded me. I wanted to understand why I could not feel the spirit of love in me as I had generated it in others. Was it my fear? Or was it the knowledge that I was not, could never be like others? I could never believe what others were telling me. Everyone talks of the end of everything. The end of the world. Believe you me, that day will never come, if you only believe.

I continued to search for love.

* * *

Another angel.

I couldn’t believe it, but I recognized all the signs. She was an angel like me. But there were no words that could confirm this. We knew it. Living in doubt is no way to live, but doubt and faith are often partners in crime; and so, we lived our lives together, believing the world to be ignorant of our obvious connection.

She knew I sinned and didn’t care. The more we learned about each other, the more I realized that she wouldn’t believe I was an angel if I told her. But I knew she knew. She bore a wink and a smile that let me know. I remembered a similar wink and smile elsewhere...

The day I left her, I knew what I had to do. I had realized the truth at last.

* * *

Those like me are blessed, or cursed, with an all-encompassing vision. We can see the past, the future, and the present at once. History is not a dead thing to us; it is everywhere, in everything we breathe, in everything we touch. This realization is what keeps us alive, beautiful and immortal. And yet there are others who ignore this truth and allow themselves to grow old and die.

They will understand the truth. I have to let them go. But as an immortal posing as a mortal, I must find another like me to spend eternity with. I cannot risk choosing one that does not recognize this truth, one that was only created to die.

Because I would feel responsible.

* * *

We met again on the day the wind blew harshly.

She told me we could never meet again, that the time had come to say goodbye. I couldn’t bear to let her go, but she said that it was okay. She told me goodbye is never really goodbye, and that humans won’t say what they mean.

I asked her, “How can we know the truth if humans won’t say what they mean?”

And she said, “There are only two things we believe to be real—the truth and the lie. And the lie does not really exist.”

When she said this, I knew the truth. This was goodbye forever between us. But for the first time, I was comfortable with this idea, because she had taught me what I needed to know. She had taught me that I already had known what I needed to know, I always knew it; but I forced myself to forget.

Because we can never know what is divine... unless we are well acquainted with the profane.

These are my last words to you as the archangel Gabriel. The end of your world is now in your hands. You will decide your own fates; I can no longer help you.

I’ve made my choice, the most important choice and the only choice that matters—that no matter what happens, I will choose for myself, and not allow anyone else to choose for me.

Because the present moment is the choice.

The future shall stem from that choice.

So choose... now.

TO BE CONCLUDED