The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Adventures of Belinda Nicholson, AKA Flapper Girl

Chapter 4

Forward to the future

Just so you know, this superheroine life isn’t always as glamorous as some portray it. There are weeks when the most exciting thing you do is help rescue a cat up a tree. No, not one of my specialities, given I can’t fly and don’t have superhuman strength or any of those trendy things. But fetching a ladder, or ringing the fire service to get them out? Yes, I can manage that.

Then again, you get another week where you come across some real crazy guys, some of whom are all talk, and others who can actually do what they claim. A few weeks ago, I met one of the latter and had a real interesting experience because of it. No, no, nothing as trivial as brainwashing me, tying me up, or anything relatively normal like that; this guy said he was going to send me into the future.

Yes, one of the snags of coming to live in a super-laden metropolis is that all the big (and crazy) villains home in on the place, like bees to a honey pot! No, none of the logic of avoiding the place like a plague; they all think they should come to town, each thinking they can be the one that brings us down.

So fine, when this crazy guy calling himself Rotwang (apparently they make a film about him in a few years time) arrived in town, holding up our banks and jewelers and the like, well, we had to step in. Why? Because this guy wasn’t doing the robberies himself; he was mind-controlling good, law-abiding folks into doing it for him and then handing over the booty to him.

The River City Police soon worked out what was going on, and called us in. We answered by sending in a couple of guys who were supposedly immune to mind control to sort him out and bring him in. Great idea, but he clearly got to them all the same, as they came back with crazy stories of being sent into the future, the past, and everywhere in between by this guy. So we humoured them, and went back to square one for ideas.

Eventually, after a few weeks of attempting to fight fire with fire, and all of it being extinguished by this guy, the leaders around here came up with this crazy idea of fighting mad scientist with genius science Super—in other words, me! Look, if all these burly guys (and believe me, ladies, some guys were large in more than just their muscles) couldn’t bring him in, what hope was there for a delicate girl like me?

But the decision had been made, and, as the new-ish girl in town, I just got told to go out and try my luck. So I did. Clearly, the guy fancied his skills—he let us know where he was living, in fact! But even so, going up to his front door, introducing myself, and taking things from there? No, its not really my style ... normally. However, when this guy sent me an invite to ‘tea’, making it clear he was offering something stronger than normal tea ... well, how can a girl turn that down? So I accepted, went with a civilian look of a short(ish) dress and heeled shoes, and headed over to his address. Well, hey, if I’m called Flapper Girl, I have to fit the look—in both my lives! And no, I’ve seen the pictures of him; this guy isn’t one I’m likely to fancy!

But yes, he had a nice place. Then again, if you’ve got the proceeds of as many raids as this guy has, you would have a nice place. To be honest, the pictures I had seen flattered him. He must have been about 60 and looked like the archetypal mad scientist, not someone I’d want to bump into normally. On the other hand, as ‘gin joints’ go, this place was an absolute cracker. Hey, even the Funky Kitten could learn something about ‘making tea’ from this guy! This was seriously good stuff.

But yes, in the end, this was a business call, so ... “Hey, Professor Rotwang, great gin, but in the end, this call isn’t entirely a social one. They’ve sent me out to discuss something that you’ve been doing around town.”

The old guy tried to look innocent, but ... “I’m sorry, my dear. What do you mean?”

I know, I know, full of charm, not the usual villain thing, but this was the one thing everyone had said about him: that he was such a nice old man. And, in that sense, they were right. But at the same time, he was doing weird things to people’s minds—or, at least, judging by the crazy stories he was.

“What I mean is this: making people hold up banks, raid jewelry stores, and the like, against their will, and then making them hand over the bounty to you.”

“Oh, that. I thought that might be what you meant! I just wanted to make sure, though.”

“So, why do you do it?”

“I need the money, to afford the parts for my experimental machines, my dear. It’s not cheap being a ‘crazy’ scientist, you know?”

Having heard what I’d heard, I sarcastically said, “What, like time travel machines?” and then rolled my eyes.

He saw, laughed in that mad scientist way, and said, “Exactly like time travel machines, my dear. Haven’t your friends told you about them?”

Was he kidding me, or was he kidding me? Of course they’d told me. Hey, that’s why I was here! “Well they have, but we sort of found it hard to believe. Which is one of the reasons they sent me here. I’m regarded as the science geek super, so they thought I was ideal for this trip.”

Then his eyes really lit up. “Then let me show you, my dear; you at least might understand these things, unlike the rest.”

So fine, now the old man was going to show me his imaginary machines. Great. He took me by the hand, and led me through the house to a large room out the back. He pointed out to me a large chamber-type thing that, clearly, a person could stand in, if so inclined. “So when would you like to visit?” he asked me.

Hey, as if I had a clue what the future held! How should I know when is a good time to visit? “No idea! What do you suggest?” I replied.

“Well, the obvious time to send you to is one when a girl with flapper morals would fit in. Nowhere in the past does that work. I guess the obvious one would be ...” and his words trailed off.

“Would be?” I asked.

“Oh, let’s make it a surprise, my dear. So, given that you don’t believe it works, and I do, why don’t you step into the tube, and I’ll show you? And given that, despite my reputation, I am a gentleman, I promise to return you to now, in exactly an hour’s time. How’s that?”

“Fine.” I replied, safely assuming I was going nowhere.

He handed me a load of money, saying I’d need it where I was going, and I took it without really grasping his meaning. So fine, I’d amuse him, and I got into the tube.

“Enjoy the trip.” I heard him say, then everything went crazy. Well ... the signs suggested I was still in River City, but this wasn’t a place I recognized. Some of the buildings were far taller than anything I knew around here, not even close.

Alright, its corny, but one way of finding out the date is to buy a newspaper. So great, the old guy wasn’t crazy. This paper says its 1967, 44 years into my future. Hey, that made me officially old, but I felt fine. Probably because I still looked 22, perhaps?

Then I noticed her: this woman, who appeared to be about 65, looking at me in a strange, don’t-I-know-you sort of way. Oh my God, it can’t be, it couldn’t be ... but it was, as I discovered very quickly, me!

The introductions didn’t last long—after all, we knew each other pretty well. Actually, being modest, I actually looked pretty good for 65: decent head of hair, if greyer, and not too bad looking for my age. Hey, and I now knew I’d lasted this long, at least!

“How did you know I was going to turn up here?” I asked, err, myself.

“Well, funnily enough, because I was stood just where you were, 44 years ago!” future me replied with a laugh.

I laughed back, “I guess you were! So equally, you know I haven’t got long here. Any words of wisdom before I go back?”

“No, not really, and besides, I can’t change history, can I? All I can say is that you’re in for a good life, and will have a good family around you. Just use your super skills wisely, look after your money shrewdly, and don’t buy shares in 1929. Put your money in property instead. Can’t tell you why, just saying ...”

She handed me a business card, which read, “Belinda Frasier, CEO of Frasier Industries.” Clearly, she’d done well over the years.

“Yes, you marry into the family in the early 30’s, dear, and remain very happily married for many, many years. He actually dropped me off in town this morning to meet you. He understands, err, all this, somehow, more than I really do.”

I checked the watch. If Rotwang kept his word—and, given I was meeting my older self, I assumed he did—our time was nearly up. So we hugged, wished each other all the best … and then everything went black. When I woke up, I was back in the present, in Rotwang’s palatial home.

He looked at me, and I gave him a nervous thumbs-up. He smiled at the sight.

“Wow!” was all I could manage.

“So, now you believe me?” he asked.

“I do!” I replied, still stunned by what seemed to have happened.

“Good. Oh, and, Billie, you can tell your friends not to worry about me. Another couple of weeks, and I’ll be moving on. Got a good offer from someone in Germany that I’m going to take up. Something about creating a robot or something.”

“Right, thanks.” was about all the reply I could manage.

“And I shouldn’t need any funds in the meantime, so no more hassle for you, either.”

He showed me out, once I’d recovered, and I went home. Let’s just say that I had a few hard drinks that night, to get over the shock of meeting ... myself!

He kept his word—not an ounce of trouble—so we unanimously voted to let sleeping dogs lie, it was safer that way!

I wondered if I would remember, in 45 years time, to meet myself like that. Oh, dumbo, of course I would! I met me!

Chapter 5

In the Family Way

No, don’t panic, darlings, I’m not pregnant or anything like that ... yet! Though, hopefully, one day, when we are settled down and married (well, that is what I told myself in the future, giggle), I will have his babies, and all that, but, for now ...

Sorry, I’m sure I disappointed some of you. But anyway ... No, this relates to one of those times of the year, when all the ‘little birds’ have to return to the ‘nest’ for a short while, to keep the family happy. And no, I couldn’t get out of it with an invite to Callum’s; apparently it’s a big family event for them, so, even though he’s seeing someone, that’s not enough to get me into the big house. Ah, well ...

So duty has to be done: a return too quiet, dear old Coffeyville for a few days over Christmas. I had planned to get the train down there, but instead I got offered the chance to fly down. No, not one of those rickety things they call aeroplanes nowadays, that would just be crazy. And given I’m not the indestructible type of superheroine … well, I like living too much for that! This was going to be so much more fun.

One of the other supers who moved to town is known as Eagle Man. Alright, to most of the world he’s Peter Carpenter, but that’s beside the point. Yes, the name is a bit of a giveaway, isn’t it? He’s one of those who can fly: pretty fast, and long distances, too, which is handy. Seems he can do it while carrying young ladies as well, which was even more handy. Because you see, Peter—sorry, Eagle Man—came up from somewhere near Tulsa, Oklahoma, so in other words, he would be flying virtually over my home town on his way home.

So he picked me up—quite literally, I might add—and flew me home (wrapped up warmly, I must say). Oh fine, I gave him a big hug and a kiss, but nothing more, I’ve got a boyfriend now (giggle)! And so I arrived a bit earlier than expected, which was a bit of a surprise for them, as the phone service was not so good, and I couldn’t get a connection to let them know.

So When their darling daughter arrived, complete with case, in the arms of a very strong guy from the sky … well alright, Mummy raised her eyebrows somewhat! No, neither of my parents are supers, or they haven’t been since I was old enough to know it, at least. Basically, I inherited my father’s chemistry skills, and subverted it into my role as Flapper Girl.

Oh, that’s another thing she didn’t really approve of: her daughter’s new look. Let’s just say that Mum, being one of the old school, Midwestern, farmer’s daughter’s type, didn’t approve of flappers and the way we carry on. She accepted that her darling daughter wanted to rebel a bit, but would have preferred if I hadn’t! Father was a bit more liberal—or at least as liberal as it got here in Kansas. He was amused by my new look and style, but probably grateful that Mother didn’t take a lead from me all the same. Fine, she’d rid herself of the corset at least, but still had long hair in ring curls and a dress down below her ankles, so ...

Yes, Christmas would be fun, especially as I didn’t have Callum handy to keep my sex drive under control!

(So fine, before Mum calls in the lawyers and sues me for exaggeration, it wasn’t quite as bad as I might be laying it on. We got on okay, just agreed to disagree over certain things, like the length of my dresses and the length of my hair! I’m just thankfully Father hadn’t invented a formula to make hair grow instantly, or she would probably have used it on me!)

Luckily, Eagle Man is a really strong guy, so carrying me, my case, and my presents hadn’t been a problem for him. Just as well, really, though I could have freighted them down by train.

Anyway ... seems all the gossip around town involved some local floosy from Cherryvale, which was less than twenty miles away (which counts as local around here!). She went off to New York, did some dancing, and ended up in movies, too. She had been seen “in the company” of a married film star, I heard, and she wasn’t the one married to him! Shocking stuff! Good job she wasn’t from dear, sweet Coffeyville, in that case.

Thankfully, Father used some of the time to fill me in on the latest happenings in the Science world, both general, and those that would be useful to me in my role. Oh, and for the umpteenth time he told me to be careful, as there were some nasty villains out there. Let’s face it, if there weren’t, I wouldn’t have needed to patrol as Flapper Girl in the first place.

Christmas Day actually was fine. Got some handy stuff (for real life and other duties) from my father, and some nice stuff from my mother, too, though the dress she bought me, was unlikely to be worn out. By her standards, it was daring—above the ankle and all that; by my standards, oh dear, dullsville! Mind, I had got her one dress that was way too short for her to ever consider wearing (unless I used one of my special cigarettes on her), so I guess we were level there.

Oh, and I helped to cook dinner, though you readers would be amazed how old-fashioned it would look to you. True, the kitchen was modern then, one of the latest models, but, if you saw it now, you would be shocked!

We listened to the ‘new fangled’ radio that evening, and they were good to me, even let me find some jazz music for a while. Sadly, alcohol was lacking; no rebelling against Prohibition here, that’s for sure. Oh, should have told you: Callum does drink (thank goodness), but not when driving; isn’t he good? Not that I think Mother ever drank before Prohibition, but Father did, that I do know! Oh, and seriously, I had to go outside to smoke! What a letdown!

The next day [an American girl wouldn’t celebrate Boxing Day] started peacefully enough: the family around the table and all that for breakfast. Then Mother started to do things around the house, and Father ‘suggested’ I come with him, and he’d show me a few things. He did. I learnt a lot. Just as well under the circumstances.

That afternoon, we heard the police siren sounding in town, and, as all good visiting supers should do, I wanted to go off and investigate, and see if I could help. Mother wasn’t sure, but Father decided he wasn’t going to stop me.

I could see something going on in town. Judging by the noise, and position of things, someone had broken into the bank, or tried to, at least. Gee, don’t villains take a break at Christmas, too? Clearly this guy was good, and not just your run-of-the-mill crook, because the police were struggling to control him. Now, I’d left my ‘outfit’ in River City, as I didn’t think I would need it, but I had bought the special cigarettes with me, just in case. So ...

I got as close as I could and studied the situation. I suspected he was using mind control powers on the people around him, and had it confirmed when I felt a ‘tingling’ in my head that said someone was trying to get into my mind. “Oh, aren’t you a naughty boy!” I thought to myself.

Then I heard him gasp, and say, “Oh, seriously? I come to this ‘no action’ town and run into a superheroine? Just my luck!”

Oh blow, it wasn’t only mind control he did, but mind reading, too! Oops! I tried to back off, but couldn’t move an inch.

“So, Flapper Girl, why don’t you come over here, and join me.” he said, loudly.

My feet walked towards him, even if I didn’t want them to. I attempted to send a signal, but given where I was, I wasn’t sure where the nearest super would be, and wasn’t sure if it worked, anyway!

Anyway, To cut a long story short, five minutes later, I was walking along the main street, arm in arm with this guy, and he had the money, too. Soon after, he pulled me into a house. “Now, sweetness, what am I going to do with you? You know my face, you know my talents, so ...”

Damn, damn, damn!

“Question is, do you know me? I doubt it. But people call me ... the Bimbo Maker.”

Oh, double damn!

“So fine, Flapper Girl, I’m going to let you go ... in good time. But first, I get to turn you into a cute little bimbo!”

No, I didn’t want long blonde hair and candy floss for brains ... or—oh my god—big boobs! But he’d clearly read my mind, as he replied, “Oh, aren’t you no fun, not wanting me to turn you into a sweet little bimbo. But sorry, Princess ...”

And yes, readers, that’s when I discovered my mother was secretly a super. Clearly, my signal had reached her at least, as all of a sudden the house was lacking part of a roof, and she dropped in.

“So, what are you planning for my darling daughter then?” she asked, standing firm.

“Now, my plans are to turn both of you into cute, airheaded bimbos.” and obviously he tried to get into her mind ... and hit a brick wall.

“Sorry, that little trick doesn’t work on Mentalist, as you will discover,” and she hit him with such a blow that the wall nearly buckled when he flew backward into it.

He was aided to the local jail by the pair of us, with a special warning about his powers, which they neutralised with some device that my Father had given them. Me? I got taken home to supper by my mother.

Two days later, Eagle Man picked me up on his way back to River City. So now I knew, my Mother was a super, too. Hey, wow! Father wasn’t: he just supplied the local good guys with plenty of gadgets to counteract the villains, that’s all.

So there you go, I thought Flapper Girl was a first in our family, but it seems I’m just the latest in the family way. And, as it turned out, a good thing it was, too!