The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Agency of Mind Control

Chapter 11: Col. Zymal’s secret, Part 1

Serenely humming to herself, Clara watched as the little blocks on the computer screen rearranged themselves. The structure of blocks had started out looking chaotic, but was now much more orderly. As she watched this display, James walked up to her.

“Hey there Clara. Whatcha doing?”

“Huh? Oh. Hi! I’m watching the hard drive defragment. I ignored it for too long and data got scattered everywhere.” she replied in her dreamy, not-quite-all-there voice.

“You seem to be fascinated with what you’re watching.” James said.

“Oh, I am. I found this program almost 8 years ago, and it didn’t want to work on the newer operating systems, and the developer didn’t update it. I liked the display so much that I reverse engineered it and updated it myself! I like how it shows the data as blocks and shows them moving.”

James just smiled at her and walked away.

“Every hard drive is different, how the blocks look...” Clara said to nobody in particular.

The rest of the country was enjoying a three day weekend. Clara and a few others were busy helping with maintenance and upgrades. No mind control incidents were expected over the weekend, so Col. Zymal planned to have some new security upgrades brought online which kept a few agents busy. However the rest of them were enjoying their downtime.

Axel was watching a movie on the projector screen with Katie. They were purposely given no duties for the weekend. Axel didn’t think for a moment that it was because Zymal was being generous. Whatever these security measures were, he was certain they were intended to combat his telekinesis should the need arise. While watching the movie, he wondered what measures they were putting in place, and how he could get around them should the need arise.

While he was getting used to the agency, and the group of people he now hung around, the apprehension remained. He did not fully trust these people. On a sliding scale of trust, he trusted Katie the most, and Zymal the least with Christine a close second. James and May didn’t seem to be much of a threat, and Clara, well Clara was just weird. With Zymal, he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was off about him. Something was off about Clara too, but his gut told him Zymal was the one he had to worry about.

Just then Zymal himself happened to walk by. He stopped to look at them.

“Oh, by the way you two, during the course of these upgrades, you both will have time off. What you do over the weekend is up to you, with some restrictions.”

“Yeah we know. You told us this yesterday.” Axel replied.

“I did... Right. Carry on then.”

He went over to the elevator and stepped inside. After the doors closed, Katie looked at Axel.

“Okay that was weird. He acted like he forgot about telling us we had time off.”

“He probably has a lot on his mind, what with trying to figure out what to do about my telekinesis and all that. My last boss sometimes got scatterbrained like that. When he was focused on several issues at once, he would forget names, birthdays, meetings, you name it.”

“Yeah that makes sense. You breaking all the lights in Christine’s massage room really unnerved all of them. I guess it’s just weird because he’s usually sharp as a tack. Photographic memory and lots of film.”

Axel didn’t say anything out loud, but in his mind he wondered if maybe the Colonel was starting to lose it. He wasn’t particularly old, but there were cases of early onset dementia and things like that. Then again he probably did just have a lot on his plate at the moment. Either way all he could do now was wait to develop his telekinetic powers, then go from there.

James sat down across the table from his sister. They were enjoying a late breakfast in their apartment before getting back to work installing the improved locking mechanisms that Zymal wanted. Looking at his sister, he decided that he needed to get something off of his chest.

“Hey May, I wanna tell you something, but you have got to promise to keep it a secret.”

“Sure James. What is it?”

“Pinkie promise.”

They both held out their pinkie fingers and hooked them around each other.

“I promise I won’t say anything.”

“All right. May, I think I’m getting a crush on Clara.”

“WHAT?!”

“Clara. I don’t know what it is about her, but I find myself looking at her. Sometimes I watch her as she works. I don’t know what it is about her, but I find her really endearing!”

“James have you lost it? Were you brainwashed or something? Clara straddles the line between sane and completely bonkers! I don’t think she hears half of the weird shit that comes out of her mouth when she talks! She once walked up to me and told me that I’d make a great ‘baby factory’, her words exactly!”

“Ha ha ha ha ha I know! I know! She’s weird but I think that’s why I like her. She’s weird but not in a mean spirited way. She doesn’t do those things to upset people. Um, like that day when she walked up to Axel and blurted out that line about the vagina yogurt.”

“Oh my god that was hilarious!”

“Yeah, yeah it was. But after he walked away, after he sat down as far away from her as he could, I swear she stopped smiling and just for a moment, man May, she looked so sad! I just wanted to get up and go hug her! She seems so happy all the time, but I wonder if inside, she’s sad because she knows how weird she is?”

“Well maybe you should get to know her. Just be careful though because the weirdness we see? That’s just on the surface. Who knows what that woman is really thinking.”

Col. Zymal approached Clara’s workstation and looked at the defrag screen. He frowned in disappointment.

“Clara, I know you love to watch that, but we have a lot of important things to take care of. There’s a bug in the firewall that needs fixing, and the system needs to be optimized.”

She turned to look at him. Her face was set in a puzzled expression.

“Um, I fixed the firewall bug yesterday, and optimizing the systems is what I’m doing right now. I, uh, I told you this early this morning, when you found me asleep in here.”

“I... did. Didn’t I? I’m kidding of course I did. But really you should be doing more then watching a defrag screen.”

“Hmmm I guess I could adjust the news aggregate software, optimize and update that.” she replied.

“That sounds like a plan. Get to it.” he replied.

Without saying a word to anybody else, Col. Zymal quickly headed back to his office. Locking the door behind him, he went over to his computer and used his secure private connection to access the agency’s database. He began searching it for incidents related to progressive memory loss.

The truth was that the Colonel began having difficulty remembering things a couple years ago. He randomly forgot names, dates, and pieces of conversation. It wasn’t that the memories were fading, or that he was remembering wrong. It was just taking him longer to remember certain details then he used to. Once he remembered them, he was fine. The memories were accurate, they were just sometimes taking longer to access. This had happened to him a couple times before, but it had never affected him this badly and always resolved itself after a day or two.

Since it took him longer to remember certain things, he got around it by planning his conversations in advance, and remembering the details as he spoke his preplanned lines. Now however even that system was breaking down. Pretty soon his agents would notice if they hadn’t already.

This was a secret that nobody could find out. This agency existed, and operated like it did mainly because of him. His personality, political connections, and sheer force of will kept the agency intact. Nobody in the agency apart from him knew how close they had come to being shut down multiple times over the past ten years. If word got out that he was incapacitated, others would immediately swoop in and either gut the agency or try to run it their way, which would cause it to fall apart. He had to find the cause of this, and fix himself in secret.

He began to suspect that someone was deliberately messing with his mind in an attempt to unseat him from his position.

As he was searching for anything related to memory loss, a large number 14, black against a white background, appeared on his monitor. This was followed by a stream of binary numbers. The Colonel stopped moving, even stopped breathing, and sat unnaturally still as the binary code quickly scrolled across the screen. A series of alternating red and green flashes then appeared on the monitor. Then the speakers emitted sounds, similar to those of an old dial-up modem.

The data audio stream finished its download. Col. Zymal ran a self test. Memory degradation was at 52%. Anything above 10% was considered unacceptable. According to his internal log, the degradation jumped rapidly just over the past 3 weeks. He remembered that he had a mission to complete, but couldn’t recover any details on what he was supposed to do.

He had been created to infiltrate this agency and replace the real Col. Zymal. While he couldn’t recall what his mission was, he could deduce that he was still expected to carry it out. The program that had executed on his computer was planted by him after he replaced the real Colonel. It was an emergency fallback routine that would be triggered by specific searches. It had reset his primary memory core which had become corrupted, but was intact enough to be repaired internally. However the secondary core, which contained his mission objectives along with other important data, was too fragmented to reset. Without the secondary core operating within the correct parameters, he wasn’t of much use.

He needed someone to repair him.

Humming another song to herself, Clara modified and tested the code for the news aggregate system. This was what Zymal used to help find incidents related to mind control. It was a pretty efficient system, but as with nearly all things there was always room for improvement. A search algorithm tweak here, a word filter adjustment there. Yeah that would do nicely. She noticed the Colonel approaching her and smiled. She could show him the updated software now.

“Agent Ackland, please come with me. There is something I need to show you.”

“I finished updating the news aggregate software!”

“Good. Now please come with me.”

She got up and happily followed him to the elevator.

“Can I have a lemon drop?” she asked.

“Maybe later.”

For just a moment, awareness flashed in her eyes and she looked fully awake and alert. The happy smile vanished.

“Oh... Oh I see.”

They entered the elevator. She watched as he pressed the button for the 17th floor.

“Hmmmm...” she said.

The doors opened up. This was where all their recovered mind control technologies were stored. Clara was puzzled at being brought here. She blinked, then grinned widely as she stepped out of the elevator.

“Ohhh! You’re going to brainwash me now! Wait... why?”

“I need your assistance to recover some data inside me.”

“Huh? Data? You don’t have data inside you silly! You have bones and organs and neurons! And you also have... Oh... Ohhhh I get it now! You’re an infiltrator! You killed the real Col. Zymal and replaced him! Ummm, and your memory core corrupted itself! That’s why you’ve been forgetting stuff recently!”

Her grin slowly changed into a frown.

“But that means the real Zymal is dead...”

“Precisely. And you’ll join him unless you sit down in that chair, right now.”