The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Agency of Mind Control

Chapter 12: Col. Zymal’s secret, Part 2

Flashing lights and subliminals bombarded Clara. She stared blankly ahead with that serene smile on her face as Col. Zymal adjusted the intensity. He looked at the EEG readout and frowned. He increased the intensity, looked at the readout, and his frown worsened.

“It’s not working.” Clara said in that serene voice of hers.

He deactivated the console and turned towards her with an angry scowl on his face.

“No it isn’t, but it should be! This is the best subliminal programmer we have! You should be obeying my commands like a dog by now.”

Suddenly a fragment of a memory made itself known in his databank.

“Ah, right. Your mind works differently from a normal mind. I’ll need to map your brain first, then try again.”

“Ummm, or you could just ask me to fix you.” she replied.

“Hah! Just like that? You would willingly fix me?”

“Yeah! I never got to work on an early model infiltrator before. When you, um, the real you recruited me. Hmmm... was it the real you? Ummmmm... Anyway when I was recruited the infiltrators had been mostly dealt with and I only got to work on the more cheaply made late model ones. But you’re an early model! You have features that were stripped out of the later ones! If I could fix you that would be awesome!”

“Early model? I’m the most advanced cybernetic life form available today.”

“Um, maybe 3 years ago, but since you were made they solved the memory issues.”

“Clarify.”

“The early models could only operate for about three months before they started forgetting things. They worked on various ways to fix the problem. I guess you were one of the long term prototypes. Um, all things considered I think they did a good job on you!” she said.

“How do you plan to fix me?”

“We’ll need to start by analyzing the data in your memory core.” she replied.

As they sat together watching the movie, Axel’s mind drifted away from paranoia. He thought about his first training session with Christine. He had been at it for hours, and finally managed to move the ball bearing just by concentrating on it. The movement was slight, but there was no mistaking it. It actually freaked him out a bit when it happened. Of course he lost his concentration then, and couldn’t repeat the result.

“Katie, what if I really do manage to develop this ability of mine? What all could I do with it?”

“I don’t really know. I think it depends on what the limitations of it are. But I would guess that you could probably stop bullets or levitate people if you got really good at it. You could probably even stop machines from working, or make them work, like starting a car without a key.”

“Man, that would be amazing!”

Partly for the irony of it, and partly to get some sense of what telekinesis might be capable of, they switched movies. They started watching Firestarter.

A small patch of skin at the base of Col. Zymal’s skull had been removed. A thin cable was connected to the port hidden under the skin. Clara typed on the keyboard of a rather strange looking laptop. The laptop had a minimalist design with only two ports, one for power, and the other that the cable was connected to. This was an infiltrator programming laptop, salvaged from the smoldering ruins of a building that had been destroyed.

“Okaaay, it says you’re connected. It wants to scan you.”

“Proceed.”

Clara clicked a button on the screen, and the laptop began scanning.

“Mmmm, yep. It doesn’t recognize your model. It needs to do a deep scan to build a model profile.”

He suddenly whipped around and grabbed Clara by the neck. Her serene facial expression did not change.

“I don’t believe you!”

She blinked, looking more confused then distressed.

“Um, I’m just telling you what it says here on the screen.”

He released her. She picked up the laptop and showed him the screen.

“Very well. Scan in read mode only. If I detect you trying to write data, I will kill you.”

“Okay.” she replied in that serene voice of hers.

She began humming a song to herself as the laptop performed its scan.

“Why are you humming?”

“Because I’m waiting for the scan to complete and there’s nothing else I can do right now.” she replied.

“Well knock it off. It’s bothering me.”

Several minutes passed in complete silence. Then a new window appeared on the laptop’s screen.

“Ah, it looks like you’re a 300-B model! It looks like they took their 300 model and added extra memory with compression buffers to get around the limitations. Ahhhh that explains it! I think I know why you’re having memory troubles!”

“Explain.”

“Well your memories are all there, and actually you still have lots of memory capacity left. You actually have more memory capacity then the latest models! But the driver that controls your memory storage is buggy. It uses a 128 bit addressing system like the older models use, however they employed bank switching to address your full memory capacity. The bug lies in this bank switching. Ummm simply put it’s getting confused and lying to itself.”

“How can you remedy this?”

“Hmmmmm...”

She looked at the laptop, pressed a couple keys and looked at a window that popped up.

“Hmmmmmmmmm...”

“I’m waiting for an answer!”

She looked up at him with that wide grin on her face. She either didn’t know, or didn’t care that he was very close to just killing her and doing the repairs himself, now that he had access to a programmer laptop.

“I think it could be as simple as a software upgrade! You have the newer neural architecture, and even better then new memory capacity! You’re just running an old, hacked version of the driver software. I bet if we downloaded a copy of the new software into your head, it would solve the memory bug and its auto repair feature would fix your memory issues!”

“And I suppose you just happen to have a copy of the software lying around?”

“Ummm no... Oh wait! Yes! Let me go get something.”

“Hey guys! Have you seen Clara?”

“No, sorry. Last I saw her she was with Zymal.”

James sighed loudly. He wanted to find Clara so she could look over some encrypted data he had come across... at least that was the excuse he had manufactured. The truth was he had encrypted the data himself and just wanted to spend some time with her, drop some subtle hints that he was interested in her, and see how she reacted.

Maybe he would drop less then subtle hints. Hell, maybe he should just tell her outright! Just tell her and get it over with and see how she reacts! What’s the worst that could happen? Well, she could react really badly. She might tell him to go away and never talk to her again, which would make their working relationship quite awkward and uncomfortable.

He decided that he should stick to dropping subtle hints.

“I wonder what they’re doing up there?” he asked.

A data transfer cable ran from the metallic head of a dissected and defleshed infiltrator, to the port in the back of Col. Zymal’s head. Clara tapped a few keys on the laptop and gave him that too wide grin of hers.

“We’re ready!”

“This had better work.”

“Don’t worry. If this doesn’t work you’ll just go berserk and kill all of us, starting with me.”

The serene way she said that unnerved even him. She tapped another key, and the data transfer began.

Clara had set up the program to only overwrite the memory drivers. She either knew that he was monitoring exactly what she was doing, or maybe she genuinely wanted to help him. With her it was really hard to tell. Regardless, the new drivers were soon uploaded, and Zymal switched over to them. They began executing the repair function just as planned.

He began to remember. His mission... His mission was to effectively destroy the agency. He was to gather information on current operations for a period of two years, and then neutralize the agency by either corrupting it, or having decisive agents replaced with submissive, obedient ones.

“Is it working?” Clara asked.

Zymal disconnected the data cable and looked at her with a shark like grin on his face. She in turn looked at him with her own wide grin. He figured that he might as well tell her, since he was going to kill her right afterwards and he wanted to see something on her face besides that dreamy “out there” expression before he did it.

“Oh yes, it’s working! My mission is to destroy this agency!”

“Oh... Oh, you could do that just by leaving...” she replied.

“What do you mean?”

“Well if you leave, then someone else will come in and they’ll try to run the agency their way. Katie and Axel will end up in a laboratory so the government can study their abilities. James and May won’t have anywhere to go. They’ll probably break into the wrong house and end up in prison.”

She looked right into his eyes, still speaking in that weirdly serene voice of hers.

“And I’ll probably end up in some institution where they’ll never let me use a computer again.”

While she spoke, all his memories of Katie, Axel, James, May, and the woman in front of him came back. They were his agents. They were the closest thing he had to a family. He remembered how protective he was of them, especially Clara. The people who had created him, they likely didn’t know he was still operating. They had certainly made no attempt to locate or retrieve him.

But still, he had a mission to complete.

“I’m sorry Agent, but this is the way it has to be.” he said.

“I know...”

She walked up to him and laid her head against his chest.

“I’m going to miss playing video games with you.”

A sad smile appeared on Zymal’s face. “I was pretty good, wasn’t I?”

“Yeah... you were...”

Col. Zymal and Clara stepped out of the elevator together. While she looked happy and serene, the Colonel was visibly nervous. A bandage hid the wound on the back of his neck.

“I would like everyone’s attention please! All agents are to report to the situation room for a meeting at 5 PM sharp. All agents!” he said.

Axel, Katie, Christine, James, and May all gathered in the situation room.

“Where’s Clara?” James asked.

“She’s been in the office with Zymal ever since they got back from wherever they went.” Christine replied.

Col. Zymal entered the room with Clara by his side. This raised a few eyebrows among the rest of his agents. He stood in front of the briefing screen and began to speak.

“I have something very important to tell you all. I’ve been your commander for quite some time now, and this agency has become very important to me. I have also become very important to this agency. I’ve fought to keep it independent. I’ve become the main reason why this agency is like it is, and why most of you are employed here. This is why what I am about to say will be shocking, even devastating. I hope that in spite of what I am about to tell you, you will all still continue to be a part of this agency.”

Col. Zymal looked at Clara, who smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up.

“The real Col. Zymal died four years ago. I am an infiltrator who was created to replace him. My mission was to destroy this agency from the inside out... But I have decided not to. My memory software corrupted itself, and as time went on I forgot my mission, and even forgot that I was an infiltrator. As time went on, all of you went from being mission variables, to agents, to family. The family that Col. Zymal never had. I hope that in spite of what I am, that we can at least continue to do our professional duty.”

Ignoring the shocked stares as best as he could, the infiltrator known as Argus Zymal left the room and headed for his office to resume his duties.