The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE ATTACHMENT

Chapter 16c

by Abacab

Jim removed Elizabeth’s headphones as gently but quickly as he could. “Elizabeth... Elizabeth, it’s not working. Please stop now... listen to me... it’s not working.”

He felt Elizabeth abruptly open her mouth, finally releasing him, leaning backwards suddenly onto her knees. He could now see, looking lapward, that his chosen strategy had been remarkably effective indeed.

Jim felt proud of himself, felt powerful... so incredibly powerful. He’d won. He still didn’t know how, but he’d actually won.

The next thing he noticed: Elizabeth was sobbing, sobbing as herself this time, still kneeling on the floor, her face in her hands.

“Elizabeth... it’s OK. You’re awake now. It’s over. We’re safe.”

“No, Jim, no, no, no, fuck... it’s not OK... so not OK. You’re just totally fucking soft, no matter how hard, how long I work on you. ‘It’s not working...’ no, Jim, I’m not working. I’m obviously not working for you any more... literally overnight.”

“...Wait... what?”

“Fuck... it’s Julia, isn’t it? It’s fucking Julia. She got to you, didn’t she? She got back into you, took you away from me... and probably with just a snap of her stupid fucking fingers.” Elizabeth was rapidly becoming hysterical, her intensifying sobs permeating her attempts at speech, rendering her increasingly incomprehensible once again.

Jim realized he had become far too familiar, just in the last 24 hours alone, with the sights and sounds of Elizabeth crying. It was time, far past time, to save her.

“I guess I don’t know what you think is going on, Elizabeth, but listen, I actually just...”

“Oh my god... fuck, fuck... I should have known better. I should have known that whatever Julia wants, Julia gets. Oh, god. How could I be so fucking stupid? How?”

“Listen, just, please, listen, Elizabeth. Julia doesn’t have me. I won. I’m with you, we’re still together...”

“A fat fucking lot of good it does us to be ‘together’ if you find me so repulsive now that you can’t even get hard in my mouth...”

“Elizabeth, no, that’s just crazy talk... you’re not at all repulsive...”

“...Goddammit... goddammit, Julia... I hate her. I fucking hate her!

“...to me. You’re still the most beautiful goddamned thing I’ve ever seen, I swear it. Nothing has changed at all for me. Please... please believe me, please just listen...”

“No, Jim. Why should I listen? How could I ever believe that I’m ‘beautiful’ to you when your dick very clearly says otherwise?”

“You don’t understand, Elizabeth. It’s not like that at all. You just don’t remember what just...”

“No, Jim, you don’t remember. You don’t remember Julia taking you under. But that’s the way she works, we both know that. She just... took you away, or made you so you can’t ever get hard for me again... whatever it was she did, it worked... and for crissake, you don’t even fucking remember her doing it... that fucking awful, manipulative, mind-warping bitch...”

“Elizabeth, no, that’s not what happened. That’s not what happened at all... please...”

“...Well, you’re obviously hers again now, whether you remember that happening or not, so just... oh, god, just, please... just fucking go.” Elizabeth sniffled, suddenly put a stop to her flow of tears. She stood up, refusing to look at him.

“...Elizabeth... please, no, listen, this is Julia making you believe...”

“No, Jim. I know, look, it’s not your fault. But you just can’t be mine. You can’t ever be mine, not in a world with Julia. I can’t ever win against her. I can’t trust her, and you let her in, so I can’t possibly trust you either. It just... it just is what it is. And it’s obviously over. It’s just got to be over between us now. There’s no use.”

It was Jim’s turn to begin sobbing.

“...I’m sorry, Jim, I know this hurts like hell. Believe me, I know. But honestly, it’s hard for me to feel badly for you. You won’t even give a fuck about any of this tomorrow, once she finishes the job. Go home. Call her. She’ll make you forget me. She created all your feelings for me; she’ll erase them just the same... she’s obviously already started erasing them. If she’s feeling generous, she’ll wait a few days and then erase my feelings too. Who knows, though... maybe she’s so pissed that she wants me to hurt this much forever. Maybe she’ll keep using you to keep cutting me deeper, as long as she can. Well, I won’t fucking let that happen.”

“Elizabeth...”

“No, please, Jim, enough. Just pick yourself up, get dressed, go finish crying in your fucking car, whatever, just go. I’m sorry... I’m sorry, but... please. I can’t take this from you right now on top of everything else I’m feeling.”

Jim stood, sniffling, picking his pants up from around his ankles in a sad daze.

“You just... you need to know, Elizabeth...”

“What, Jim? What else do I need to know? Please do tell me. Then kindly get the hell out of here.”

“...Alright, alright, so what? Julia may have helped open my mind to you, just at the very first. And I hope you’ll see, after I leave, that this could work both ways... that this could be her controlling you. I swear to you, that’s what’s going on. I know you don’t understand. I wish... Jesus, I wish more than anything that I could just make you listen, make you understand what is really happening between us right now, what Julia has really done here, what she’s done to you...”

“Jim, for crisssake, enough. I don’t want to talk about Julia any more. Please, just...”

“...But whether you ever come to understand what’s going on, whether you figure it out or not, you still need to know: Julia didn’t create my feelings for you. What I feel now... what I came to feel for you, practically overnight... that was all on me. That was all on you too, all on everything you are. What we have, what we had, if even just for a couple of days... it is, and was, absolutely real. I’ve never been more sure of anything. And if you’d just think back to last night, to what it was like, the two of us together... you’d remember. You’d know too.”

Jim watched as Elizabeth’s eyes slammed shut. He watched as her eyes fluttered, not in trance, but in incredible grief and sorrow.

She was still so fucking beautiful.

“...OK. Fine, Jim. I’m... I’m glad you still believe that... for now, until she wipes you. And now, go. Please. I’m begging you.”

Shuffling slowly toward the door, Jim looked down at the timer.

6:27.

Julia. Julia did this.

Julia has Elizabeth... has her so deep, deep to the point that I’ll never be able to reach her now.

Julia did this. And Julia is the only one who can undo this.

...It was a message, all a message. She set me up... she knew I might be able to take control of myself, preprogrammed Elizabeth for the possibility... she wanted me to see that I’ve just been fooling myself, wanted me to remember that she’s the only one with any fucking power here.

...Fuck, where did she even go, anyway? She’s probably just been sitting in the kitchen this whole fucking time... listening in, cracking up under her breath, congratulating herself.

She thinks... she thinks she can still win. She still fucking thinks she can win with just six minutes left on the clock.

...And she probably can.

But there’s... there’s nothing else for it.

* * *

Jim walked toward the door, placing his hand on the doorknob slowly, theatrically. He turned to face Elizabeth, still standing across the room, head in her hands.

“Elizabeth... look at me, please. Look at me before I go.”

Elizabeth looked at him.

Jim’s voice trembled, on the verge of more tears. “Oh, Christ... it’s...”

“Jim, what? What do you want now?

“...it’s Elizabeth’s naptime.”

As he snapped his fingers, Julia suddenly emerged in the doorway of the kitchen, revealing herself all at once with the terrifying, effortless grace of a hitherto-unseen apparition. She leaned in, catching Elizabeth as she instantly folded, collapsing backwards.

“Got it from here,” Julia said.

She smoothly lowered Elizabeth into the adjacent chair, whispered a few quick words into Elizabeth’s ear, moved toward the couch, reaching swiftly for Elizabeth’s MP3 player and headphones.

Jim stared blankly at the timer, chin in his hand.

6:02.

6:01.

6:00.

5:59.

Julia sighed as she returned the headphones to Elizabeth’s ears. “Nice trick, Jim. Go ahead, show me your strength, make yourself go soft again any time before that timer rings... then, just watch, as I say another magic word, as Elizabeth wakes up. The last thing she’ll remember then is what just happened; she’ll be even less happy that you’re still here.

“So you’ll give me my fucking time, Jim, and you’ll give it to me entirely in earnest. If you win, I’ll put her back, put her real memories of tonight back. But if you willfully sandbag it any more before my time is up, in any way... I’ll just say that magic word, and that magic word means there’s no going back to her, not now, not ever. Understand?”

“Yes, Julia. I understand.” Jim heard the words come out of him in a flat, deadened monotone. He was not quite sure where the words had come from; he had still not taken his eyes, his singularly occupied mind off of the timer.

5:41.

“Good, Jim. Because the time for talking is through.”

5:40.

5:39.

He suddenly felt his chin in Julia’s hand, his own hand simply pushed away, his head now abruptly turning upward, sideways, away from the timer. His eyes refocused forcibly upon Julia’s... refocused into Julia’s.

Julia’s eyes were different now. Still cold and strong and penetrating, still walled off from him, still nothing like Elizabeth’s open and incredibly expressive eyes. But there was also something else in Julia’s eyes this time. Jim felt that whatever he was now seeing was something more personal, more intimate than what he usually saw in Julia’s eyes. He couldn’t decipher its meaning further.

Julia released her grip on his chin. Now free to move his head as he pleased, Jim still continued looking directly into her eyes, unsure of what else to do with himself. Keeping Jim’s eyes transfixed, Julia pulled her shirt up and over her head in what seemed like one smooth, calm, instantaneous motion, removing the garment just as efficiently and effortlessly as she’d once blindfolded and bound him.

As she dropped the shirt thoughtlessly onto the ground, bringing both hands full circle onto the waistband of her skirt, Jim realized that he’d never even noticed the moment when his view of her eyes had surely been obstructed by the fabric in the way. In his peripheral vision, he now saw her shoulders and upper arms straightening, pressing downward. He heard the gentle, almost imperceptible rush of more light fabric onto the floor.

“Look at me, Jim,” Julia said. “Look at me for the first time.” Her eyes flickered downward exactly once, suggestively, encouraging Jim’s eyes to finally work themselves free from her hard, unbreakable gaze.

Jim looked down. He looked at Julia.

He hated himself. He hated the part of him that now directed his eyes, directed his eyes to hungrily trace every curve of Julia’s now-naked body, trying to capture all of her at once, trying to write all of the resulting data irrevocably into his memory without his consent. He hated the part of him that instantly brought up the mental image of the naked Elizabeth, currently out of his frame of vision, so as to somehow directly compare the naked Elizabeth to everything he was currently seeing.

There was no question; Julia was beautiful, absolutely beautiful in the flesh. There was no question that, in another time, in another place, he would desire her, crave her, ravish every inch of her if freely given the opportunity.

Jim recognized that he would, in fact, be given the opportunity momentarily, whether he currently wanted that opportunity or not. He recognized that he couldn’t even be sure whether he wanted it or not at the moment. He truly wanted to believe he did not want that opportunity. He truly wanted to believe in a lot of things.

Jim recognized that, when that opportunity arose in the coming minutes, his mind would be taken simultaneously, taken directly by Julia... taken to that other time, that other place, that other time and place where he had absolutely no doubt as to whether he wanted her.

He recognized that once it was all over and done, just minutes from now, he probably wouldn’t even remember his current set of objections to any of this. He wished there could be a sure way for him to always remember those objections. He recognized there was not.

“It probably won’t be the last time you get to look at me, Jim. But now... it’s time to close your eyes.”

His chin in her commanding hand again, turning him toward her, returning his gaze to her eyes again. He saw her other hand, poised at the side of her face, her middle finger and thumb already pressed together in position, ready to strike.

“Sleep for Julia.”

Jim sighed, eyes fluttering madly behind his tightly-closed eyelids. He realized through the instantly descending fog that she had not even needed to say it. He had beaten her to it. He had already let himself, made himself simply fall asleep for her. There’d been no remaining reason to resist, no need to keep prolonging the inevitable.