The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Auras

A Midspring Week’s Worth

I woke to find Kim and I lying on our backs, still nude, but not in the least bit surprised to find Eric at the bar, pouring himself a stiff drink. The other girls were coming out a trance like state themselves, and I knew that we all wanted to ask the questions burning in our minds: Why London first? Was Hannah better looking than us? Who were the 4 people in military attire?

The way Eric had done it, the way in which he told his story was so compelling, we dreamt it as he said it. We saw how he manoeuvred his way on the plane, how he took control of first-class with a simple instruction. But since he had not said it to us exactly, we were shocked to see how simply people would obey him. Were we like that? Were our bodies the only things that attracted Eric to us in the first place? Could he have some trigger word that when said, would turn us into people like that?

Eric sipped his drink, coughed, and nodded to himself. I think that he was remembering what he had recorded himself, but was not willing to watch himself in a dream. That would just be too weird, even for us.

He pulled up a stool and sat, sipping his drink. He pulled out ear buds – he hadn’t been listening after all. He sat and waited for someone to speak or something to happen. Michelle looked at him, and as she was about to speak, decided not to. Emily was the first one who dove in.

“Why did those 4 people in the airport not just kill you then?” Eric seemed taken aback by the direct approach Emily said that with. She was so normally shy and well-behaved that this was just weird.

“Well... I guess that they were under orders not to hurt me, just to let me know what I was up against. But that all happens later. Are we ready for part 2? This one is longer, because I wasn’t sure if the trance would start from my recorder. Just like before, you will see me act out the things I did, and though you cannot hinder or help, you’ll seemingly play a part in something. It will then be easier for your mind to create the images, rather than having me tell you what was going on. For instance, be a reporter following me for a story, or be a fly and watch what I do at all times, or whatever is necessary. I must warn you though, because this is a trance, you may wake up next time in someone else’s arms, or trying to walk through a wall.”

Eric put his ear buds in again and pressed play again as we all lay back down. Kim and I held hands, ready to do whatever it took to make sure we didn’t go too far into Eric’s memories. I had heard the first sentence, ‘I started walking towards the fast-food area.’, and my mind just drifted away, allowing me to become an invisible, untouchable friend wherever Eric went.

I started walking towards the fast-food area. It wasn’t too far from the airport, and the walk would do me good, I imagined. I wanted more than anything to go home and see my girls, when I thought that it would be a good idea to record my thoughts, rather than write them down. From those memories, I would create a story for them to play through and watch, and even write down one day.

I fumbled for the recorder, finding it near the bottom of the bag, and started to speak my thoughts. It was all very informative the first few times, of course.

But the big things, the ones I really wanted to remember well, I would have to speak into it discreetly, like I was a secret agent or something. Seeing an electronics store in the near distance, I made for it. On the way there, I stopped by an open-air market, and breathed in all the fine fresh foods for sale, from breads to apples to pies and sweets. It was the most delightful time I had had ever, because for the first time in my life, I was outside Canada, in a strange and new world, with new people, new possibilities, and new Auras. But that came later.

The Sony Store was a tiny little place, with one person working, and no one in the store itself. He took one look at me, welcomed me in, and went back to reading a newspaper. I took in the surroundings, and started to walk towards the man. I wanted to see if I could persuade him to give me a small job, just something to give me pocket money, without using my power.

It started off okay. I asked him where I could find a mini-microphone for my digital recorder, and he led the way to the far back left corner where there were earphones and microphones from the very tiny to the very large.

He asked me if I was from out of town, and of course I said yes. A Canadian accent is much different from an English one. We chatted about where I was going, what I was going to do on my trip, and I decided to see if he would try and help me find a job in the neighbourhood.

Turns out, he was the regional director for Wayside Services, a new organization that helped new immigrants find work in and around London. It was a small job, of course, until bigger ones became available. I asked him if there was a position here, and yes, there was, but it was all back-storeroom work, nothing with people and the atmosphere of the London area.

It was exactly what I wanted; something that would pay me for doing pretty much nothing. It was better than dishwashing at a restaurant for minimum wage – he would give me a pound higher than minimum, about £5.40, which was about $9 an hour, slightly higher than the minimum wage in Ontario.

The next thing we decided upon was where I was going to live. I had expected to find some girl on the plane, and make her let me stay with them, in exchange for some good and probably much needed sex. It was better this way, because I had found a little house, which was called a flat, and was put up with by two very nice people, Mr. and Mrs. Sharpe. They were also a part of the Wayside Services, and had seen many a person in through their house. They had very little rules, if any: be back for dinner at 7 if you are hungry; here’s a key to the house, if you work late; let us know now when you imagine you’re leaving; all that stuff. They were kind, in a very genial, unworried kind of way.

Mrs. Sharpe was an older woman in her late 40’s I found out that first night. When asked if I would like something to drink, we had shared a bottle of Zinfandel, and after much talking, I was going to tell her the truth about why I was here. She stopped me soon after I had started, because apparently she didn’t really want to know.

Her long brown hair was tied up into a bun, and the whole house was of Asian decor. Sliding screens, vases, dragons and cats everywhere. Her figure was a bit round, like she worked off a few pounds now and again, but not fat. Her deep brown eyes were very kind, and after a few glasses of wine, her white face started to get some colour in it.

Mr. Sharpe worked for some advertising company, I forget which one. He had brown hair as well, but green eyes, and was a bit too thin to be very healthy. He currently had a cold, and was trying his hardest not to give it to either of us. He spoke little, ate little, drank lots, and mumbled to himself when he heard something that he liked or disagreed with. It seemed that everything we said he mumbled in response to.

It was during the night at the house that I found my first problem being this far away from home. I missed my girls, my home, and my bed. It may sound silly, but after sleeping on a circular bed, lying on a straight one again just isn’t the same. At about 2:31 AM, when I was wandering the house, making sure I knew where everything was, a quiet cough came from behind.

Mrs. Sharpe was there in a robe, tied and snug against her body. There was a deep V neck, leading my eyes down to a very nice shaped pair of breasts, barely covered. I could almost make out nipples, but the robe covered them at least. She came into the kitchen, where I was sitting, and sat down across from me. Her English accent was difficult to understand at first, but at least I had taped the conversation. I’ll say it in my voice, to help my girls understand.

‘Uh, Mrs. Sharpe. I was just acquainting myself with the kitchen. Where the dishes were, where the toaster and things were, the table and chairs...’ the excuse sounded weak, even to me.

‘Oh that’s alright...Eric, right? Right. Well, me and _________ were discussing things over in bed, and we’ve agreed that even if you are here, you must be homesick. And the way you spoke about your friends and family back home, with all your sisters,’

This needs some explaining. Rather than say I was living with 11 girls who all liked to screw with me and each other, I had said that they were my sisters.

Anyway, ‘...with all your sisters, we’ve decided to let another person come stay here, if that is alright with you. We have the room, the necessary bathrooms and space for 6 people boarding at a time. I came down here because I heard your rustling. Mr. Sharpe would sleep through Doomsday, so I knew it was you.’

I didn’t know exactly what to say – if it was a girl who came here, and looked half as good as Hannah did on the plane, it might be okay. However, if she was on par with any of my girls, this could have serious repercussions. I decided to let my lower half be voiced, and agreed with her.

‘Sure, I don’t mind. She can stay here if you want her to.’ ‘Actually, it’s her and an accomplice with her. They are touring Europe for a bit, and needed to find a hostel for the week, and we opened our doors. Now, they’ll get your room, and you’ll move to the attic room. There’s an old TV up there and a very comfy bed, but it can get a bit chilly if it starts to rain. You would have to move up there.’ ‘Sure, whatever you need to do. I’ll even sleep in the living room to accommodate whoever you need to live here. Speaking of which...’I turned to check out the living room again. ‘Yeah, I could slee–’

I stopped speaking, because during her little monologue, she had slowly been untying the robe. Her breasts peeked their little eyes out, and she shrugged the robe off. What was it about me that women liked to get naked around me? I hadn’t even used my power against her!

She sat there, looking very happy with herself, topless and possibly fully naked, sitting at the kitchen table, at 2 in the morning. I was hard pressed to not use my power – she was a good looking woman, who had the necessary pounds to make herself look good without looking too thin. Sure, she was no Kim or Jess, but she had a nice little paunch that was well tanned. She shifted slightly, and I heard a thump on the floor. She had taken her robe off fully, and was sitting there completely happy.

‘Uh, Mrs. Sharpe? What are you doing?’

There was no reply from the woman. She was just sitting there, completely naked at the table, and nothing could shake her relaxed form. She spoke one more time, and this time it was a warning.

‘You might want to get back to bed. Mr. Sharpe will be joining me in a moment, and we shall make love on this table. You don’t want to be here for that – it gets a little raunchy.’

I heard a bed creak, then footsteps on the stairs. I silently got up from the table, and passed her on the way out. She grabbed my arm, winked and whispered ‘Our little secret, alright deary?’ She raised my arm to her breast, and pushed my hand onto her breast. She rolled her breast around with my hand, and I let her. Then she let go, and stood up to greet her husband at the door. I went out another door, and hid behind a couch.

Mr. Sharpe arrived in good time, and didn’t even stop to ask why she was naked. It was like he had planned all this. He kissed her hard, mauling her breasts with his hands, not caring that she whimpered and moaned. He had his pants off, but I didn’t stay to watch. I crept back upstairs, and heard the telltale thumping sound of something hitting the floor again and again. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to sleep at all – so naturally, I fell deeply asleep.

Nothing was said the next morning. Mr. Sharpe looked well refreshed, and Mrs. Sharpe’s hair was in disarray, but nothing out of the ordinary happened. Even in her robe and a t-shirt with a pair of shorts on, I only saw Mrs. Sharpe’s beautiful breasts sloping out. She was making me a traditional breakfast snack of toast and 2 eggs on them, and then was upstairs, changing for work. Mr. Sharpe and I sat at the table, silent and eating our eggs and toast. I left quickly; the silent breakfast on the table where the two had fucked last night was just too weird, even for me.

I left the house to get to the station, and used the last few bits of change I had to get on. I rode to my stop, and got off, and walked the rest of the way to the Sony Store. It had been a resless night, and a worse back cramp had begun where I was lying in a hard, straight bed. As I walked around the back of the chain mall to get into the store, I saw the manager, Joel. He waved me over, and showed me how to open the store properly. When I got good enough to open properly, he said that I would be able to work up front with him. For now, he needed labels put on items, prices tagged and set aside to their respective bins, and where all the extra merchandise was kept and needed to be brought out and redone again.

That was my job – and the worst part was, after doing it for 6 hours, any part of you that is involved in the process hurts, because of the repetitive motion and frequent stops and starts. I would get better, I knew, but that was a long way away, and right now, I just needed to find a way to get in touch with the Chapter Master.

As I left that day, after 8 hours of labelling and stacking, Joel showed me how to close properly and then walked me home. After I told him that I was only 16, he stopped and re-looked at me. I knew I looked older – there was wisdom, and tiredness in my face that shouldn’t have been there this early. He smiled and bade me goodnight and a see you tomorrow, and walked to the nearest pub.

As I came in, I heard an exclamation, and Mrs. Sharpe say ‘And here he is!’ I was ushered inside, and greeted to an unusual situation – the two new girls were there, and who else should they be but Hannah and her friend from the plane.

They were sitting on the couch, drinking tea and having a few cakes. I checked the clock, and it was about 5 in the evening, so that made sense. Tea and cakes 2 hours before dinner, and then a late night toast break. Hannah was trying to place me, and her friend just looked at me once and then went back to her tea. I sat down in a chair adjacent to Mrs. Sharpe and across from the girls.

‘Eric here was just at work, so excuse his being late. Eric, please introduce yourself!’ ‘Uh, hi, I’m Eric, and working here for a bit this April until I get enough money to go to Asia.’ ‘Hi, I’m Hannah and this is Taryn,’ Hannah motioned to the silent girl next to her, who grunted in reply. ‘We’re going to sight-see London and then go to Japan for a bit, and then back home to finish school. We’re still in high school, but we got permission from our school and parents to come across the seas to see if we wanted to go to any schools here for college or university.’

How odd that our paths kept crossing. I might have sealed the deal with them all right there and then if Mr. Sharpe didn’t come in right then. He nodded to me and his wife, introduced himself briefly to the new girls, and then left to go sleep. Poor guy – he looked so tired and sick.

That night was another strange night. The girls and I had just bade goodnight to Mrs. Sharpe, who went to bed, and we sat around talking about high school antics and where we were from. Hannah was from Oakville, the city next to mine, while Taryn was from Burlington as well. Hannah tried to find out who I was, but due to my order to her, she only remembered me vaguely due to déjà vu. Hannah gave it up soon, and went to get more tea. Taryn looked at me, hard. She wasn’t smiling very much, as if staying in a hostel with a boy and a family was too much for her to handle.

‘She may not remember you, but I do. You were on our plane, and you forced her to give you oral sex. She doesn’t remember what happened, but I can. I pieced it together over the last day. Everywhere I went I saw people looking away or suddenly turning away, trying to find something. I didn’t get it, but like I said, I pieced it together. What are you – a Controller, or something else?’

This was so shocking! I didn’t know that she was an Auratic, but there we were, silent and staring at each other. Her Aura sprang out to me, pitch black, and I tried to block it with my hands. But wait, what were we mad about... something that had just happened, but I tossed it away like it was nothing. Whatever it was, Taryn was now smiling at me, and we talked amiably like old friends when Hannah got back.

Taryn stopped me when I left to go to sleep. Hannah was nodding off in the corner, and she motioned me into the kitchen. As she did, I felt my memory rush back – Taryn was an Auratic, and probably was a Forgetful, able to make me forget things or implant wrong memories.

She turned to me, and said slowly, in a way I knew wasn’t just a warning – it was a threat. ‘If you hurt either of us ever, and I mean ever, I will speak to everyone and anyone I come across and raise a mob to kill you. Then, they’ll forget it ever happened. Don’t ever try to do crap like that again. Nice chat, see you tomorrow!’

She left me standing in the kitchen, mouth open, slightly trembling.

It has been two weeks of work. Taryn and Hannah had kept to themselves mostly – and I to restoring my shattered muscles from working. It was a hard job, and nothing about it was as easy as it had seemed when I had first got here. It was closing time for the day when a knock came on the door. Joel was already gone – he knew I could close, and left early whenever he opened without me there.

There was Hannah and Taryn standing there, waving at me. Ever since that night 2 weeks ago, Taryn had become much nicer to me, but I knew she still watched to see if I might do anything. I unlocked the door and opened it up, and they came in to bother me while I closed the store.

They told me about their day, and how excited they were that they were leaving tomorrow. I was excited too – I knew that my paycheck, while not outrageous, was enough to get me a ticket to Russia, and possibly Japan as well. I had used my power to make sure that it was enough to get to Russia at least.

Taryn was wandering the store, and Hannah was trying to seduce me in a friendly way by leaning over the top of a counter, flashing me some cleavage, and bending over to look at something near the ground. It was all very overdone, and we had ourselves a good laugh about it. Taryn then presented me an opportunity for great things when she ‘reminded’ Hannah that she had to go to the bathroom. I led her to the staff bathroom, and found Taryn still wandering the storefront. I needed to stop this crap hanging over my head.

‘Taryn?’

‘Yeah, Eric, what can I do for you?’

‘Never use your power against me again.’

The reason I said it like that was because I could see her trying to focus her thoughts against me. Then her face cleared, and she smiled again.

‘Sure, if you were worried, don’t be. I was just worried that you would take advantage of us again, make us do something bad or something we wouldn’t do normally.’ ‘Taryn, I live with 11 other girls. I don’t need you two to keep me occupied. I barely have enough time to be me without one of them around. And they want sex as much as I do, so it’s not as if I will be completely disappointed if I don’t get any for a few weeks.’

That was the first heartfelt and true conversation Taryn and I had had, and we just nodded to each other. Our understanding was clear – I wasn’t a bad person, I just liked sex as much as the next horny adolescent straight guy.

Hannah came back in to find Taryn giving me a hug, and joined the throng not knowing exactly why we were hugging. In fact, Taryn was also trying hard to get me to notice her – I started to piece that together, and acted out to get the attention she craved. I hadn’t known that she travelled with Hannah to pick up a guy for some meaningless sex – I found that out later that night.

We all walked back to the flat together, laughing like old friends and bantering with each other. It was actually going to be sad to see them leave tomorrow. I had their cell numbers when I got to Japan to reach them there. They were going to stay for about 3 weeks there, and then go back home. So if Russia took me for a week, then I still had two weeks or so to be with them.

We agreed that night over scones and tea that we would meet in Tokyo, at their hotel they were going to stay in. We joked and laughed long into the night – it was a weekend night, and I didn’t have to work tomorrow, so I was going to see the girls off and on their plane, then go do the real purpose why I was here in the first place. I needed two weeks for extra spending cash – I wouldn’t do that in Russia or anywhere else, that was for sure. Anything I needed, like cash or transportation, I would just use as I could and make sure that no one got shit from me for doing it.

At about 11 that night, Taryn suggested a card game. We started to play poker with cups of tea as the wager, or scones, or passports. I had lost my passport, 2 cups of tea and 5 scones to Hannah when I changed the game to strip poker. Passport back in hand and tea cooling next to me, we started the game.

5 hands in, and I had lost my t-shirt, Taryn had lost her shirt and undershirt, and Hannah was bottomless with a thong on only. We had agreed to stop at underwear, as no one really wanted to go any further. I won 2 hands, Taryn lost her shorts and Hannah her shirt as well, and then I lost my socks and pants. We were all now wearing underwear in plain view. I didn’t shrink from the fact that I had two girls here who would gladly sleep with me if I said to, but from that fact that they knew what they were doing, all of their own choice. I hadn’t used my power since earlier this evening, and that was only to stop Taryn from messing with my head again.

I glanced at the clock, as did Taryn, and she announced that she was going to sleep, and that she would wake me when the time came to get us to the airport. I could drive here, but only when the roads were more or less clear, and never downtown. I borrowed the Sharpe’s car from time to time to do grocery shopping for them or run to the store, but this was one of the only times I needed it for a bit longer.

Taryn left Hannah and I sitting at the table, smiling and talking about little things when she slapped her forehead.

‘I knew it! You were the guy sitting next to me on the plane! I knew I had seen you somewhere before! But I just couldn’t place it, but now I did! Oh man, wow! I just want to say, that what I did on the plane – I don’t know what happened to me! I was just so horny all of a sudden, and I needed some good loving.’

It was interesting to see how her mind made her believe whatever she thought to be the truth. I had controlled her for a time, and she believed that it was all her fault. We spoke a bit more, and then shyly, she stood up and turned to go. I was watching her cute bum wiggling when I saw her turn and give me the come here glance. I was good to go if she wanted it too.

She climbed the stairs and opened the attic door on the ceiling. The stairs came down slowly, and she went ahead of me. I watched her climbing the stairs/ladder, and couldn’t see much, but what I did see was shaved or neatly trimmed, and a very toned ass. She worked out, I mused. I glanced around to see if Taryn was nearby, but no – her door was open and I saw her in bed. As I followed Hannah up to the attic, I didn’t see Taryn’s light turn on.

Hannah was waiting for me at the top, wearing her t-shirt again. Her bra was on the floor next to my bed, as was her thong. She stood at the very top of the stairs, so as I looked up, I could see a long way up her legs. That was my favourite way to look at a girl – when she was over me, and I either ate her out or she was fucking herself with my cock. She whispered, ‘I don’t want to spend the night alone. Can I join you?’

I shrugged and led the way to the bed. There was a spotlight over on one wall, and the roof was right above us. There was a ledge out onto the side of the building, and a way onto the roof from there. I opened the window, but not far enough to let us fall out, just to get a warm spring breeze coming in. I crawled under the covers, and held a shivering Hannah next to me. I didn’t even try to get her in the mood. I felt her move away, and heard a thump on the floor, and she came back in totally nude, pressing her body against me.

I shucked my shorts as well, and we lay there, under the covers, happy and not even trying to get in the mood, when a small cough interrupted us.

Taryn was standing by the bed, totally nude, and looking down at us. She looked angry and sad at the same time – I knew what she wanted. But I decided to play with her best friend first. I reached up and rolled Hannah’s right tit in my hand, pinching and playing with her nipple. Hannah moaned and reached down to grasp my cock. She started to pump me slowly, as I looked up at Taryn.

‘Excuse me, but we’re having a moment here. Either leave, or join in. We haven’t got all night, just a few hours.’

In response, Taryn threw off the covers, and threw herself next to me, on my other side. She turned me over, and I lay on my back as two girls kissed and licked my cock, as I played with their tits and rubbed their necks and shoulder blades at the same time. Nothing was really going on – they weren’t doing that to make me have an orgasm, and I wasn’t trying to get them to fuck me.

But Hannah did eventually get up more, and slide herself down on my cock. She was tighter than my girls, but then again, she was a new experience. I glanced at Taryn, who was sitting near my head.

‘Don’t you want to join in?’

‘No, I’m waiting to have sex with the man I love. Plus, you don’t have two dicks to use.’

‘No, but I do have two heads.’

She understood, and sat facing Hannah, who was bouncing up and down on my cock like a pogo stick, and I licked her sweet little folds. Taryn squirmed under me, while she brought my hands to her smallish chest and proceeded to let us all share the time of her life. She writhed and shook, and even went so far as to lean in and give Hannah the boob-licking of a lifetime. Hannah wasn’t expecting it, and came in an explosive charge. She pushed me over the edge just as I stuck my tongue as deep in as I could to Taryn, while moving one hand down to play with her little nub of a clit.

Luckily, Hannah wasn’t on me when I came, but Taryn surprised me by leaning down, and licking it off my legs and crotch where it had landed. Hannah snuggled up to me again, and after licking off my cum and swallowing it, Taryn snuggled up on the other side.

Taryn woke me up at 4 in the morning. I felt groggy as hell, but ready to take these girls anywhere they wanted to go, as long as the sex was so great. I did wake up with Hannah’s hand on my cock again, and Taryn smiled as she unwrapped her friend’s hand from my lower half.

She kissed me on the cheek, whispered good morning, and stood next to the window. She was just looking out over the city, and I understood why – it was a beautiful sight in the early morning, with sunlight starting to show and the night still hanging on. I stood beside her, and she hugged me, pressing her body on me, still focussing on the cityscape below us.

‘This is so beautiful. I don’t know why I just don’t stay here with you, and we could live right in this attic, and share in beautiful mornings like this every day.’

‘Taryn, you know that I would do just that in a heartbeat. But I have other obligations – mostly to my girls. You’re interests are just as important to me, but I have to make sure that no one gets hurt again from me being who I am. I messed up big as a kid, and tried to make things better by changing the rules of life, and then found that even those rules had loopholes. I need to fix this once and for all – but once that’s over and done with, I promise you, I will take all the girls I have ever loved back here and watch the sun rise once again.’

She kissed me again on the cheek, and then went to wake Hannah up. Hannah did so grumpily, saying she had had the most amazing dream in which she and Taryn had just been married to me, and we were all having a gangbang with her friend Roy. We all got a good laugh at that, and while the girls packed and prepared, I started breakfast toast and eggs.

I found some bacon in the fridge, and was putting it on when Mrs. Sharpe came into the kitchen. She was wearing a business suit, and said nothing. I finished the eggs and bacon, grabbed the toast and butter, and cleaned up in record time. Mrs. Sharpe said nothing, and I didn’t press her.

When Taryn and Hannah came down and said their good mornings and goodbyes, and started to load their things into the car, Mrs. Sharpe spoke for the first time.

‘Eric? We need to talk.’

‘Uh, sure. Right now?’

‘I’ll wait until you get back from driving the girls to the airport. But not much longer. Unless you want to take me with you, and drive me along with you to the airport.’

‘Sure we can do that. It’ll be cramped, but we’ll make it work.’

In the end, Mrs. Sharpe drove, put most of the luggage that couldn’t fit into the trunk in the seat next to her, and let us all sit in the back. I sat in the middle, and closed my eyes. I felt two pairs on hands on my legs, but with Mrs. Sharpe watching, they at least knew better than to try anything.

At least until we got to the airport. While looking and waiting for a parking space, Hannah would lean over to talk to Taryn, and brush my crotch with her hand, and rub it softly. Taryn would do the same thing, but at one point during the wait, went so far as to undo her seatbelt and lie down with her head on my lap, where she could feel me pulsing in my jeans. Hannah got the idea that Mrs. Sharpe wasn’t watching us much, and placed her hand back on my right leg, and then moved it slowly towards my zipper, with the intention of stroking Taryn’s hair.

She actually undid the zipper and got my dick out. Taryn was just as deft, and placed her mouth right at my cock’s exit out and it went straight into a wet and warm enclosed space. A tight suction and licking wasn’t easy to maintain in her position, but before I could release my spunk, Mrs. Sharpe turned quickly and found a place to park near the entrance. Taryn waited until Hannah had done up my zipper again, and we got out like nothing had happened. Mrs. Sharpe decided to wait in the car, reminding me that we needed to talk ASAP.

After getting the girls into the airport without any trouble and getting their tickets, we had a somewhat teary farewell. Actually, Taryn was crying because she wanted to give me a going away present, but didn’t get me off in time. After making sure I had their phones numbers and e-mail addresses, we split up. Hannah gave me a hug and a light squeeze, saying she couldn’t wait until we met up again. Taryn did the same, and looked down at her feet.

‘Did you mean what you said this morning? About bringing us all back here and watching the sun rise again?’

‘With all my heart. I’ll even bring all the girls with me, and we’ll have a proper vacation and set times to get re-acquainted with each other.’

‘Eric...thanks. I was so evil to you these few weeks, but I was wrong about you. I just don’t know a lot of guys like you. I think... I-I...’

‘I know Taryn. Me too. And Hannah as well. Remember this morning – I can guarantee that you’ll feel better.’

‘Is that a command, or a piece of advice?’

‘A little from A, a little from B.’

She laughed and pushed me away, then ran laughing with Hannah to get through customs. When I looked back, they were gone from my sight.

I found Mrs. Sharpe idling near the entrance. She looked bored and agitated all at once.

‘Eric! Good, we need to go. We’ll talk on the way. You’ve been summoned.’

‘Summoned? By who?’

‘The Chapter Master of Europe. He knows that you’re here. And so do all the other CMs. They want to meet with you too, but in their own countries, at their choosing, at their discretion, however they do so.’

‘Wait, how do you know about the CM? You don’t have an Aura!’

‘No, but I can see them. I was born with the useless Auratic talent to see hidden objects. So I could see into folders or behind people, but not actually DO anything with it. So, I worked for the government, and became known to the CM. He lives here in London, and we’re going to see him now.’

She drove in silence, and me as well. I had wanted to meet the CM, but not today, not when I’m in a bad mood from losing two girls I may never see again. We arrived at the flat where I had been staying. Except now, it looked like an old mansion of brick, with streamers and a flag above it that said Chapter Master – Edrick Walters.

We walked in together, and the place was obviously different. There was no couch, no chairs, no kitchen around the side – just a long hall and one secretary behind a tall oak desk.

We walked towards her, but instead of looking at us, she just said,

‘Down the hall, second door on the left, go into the Red Room.’

We continued down, and found the second door on the left. The hall itself glowed with a yellow dim light, and the floor was one long slab of marble, no cuts anywhere. The door was petrified wood, hard as a rock. We entered the joining hall from there, and saw a room at the end of the hall that said Red Room. Mrs. Sharpe led the way still, and stopped outside the room. She opened the door, poked her head in, and nodded once. She stepped back out, and closed the door.

Facing me, she gave me a stern look and some advice.

‘Eric, this man is the biggest power in Europe. He controls every island here. In every part of the world, there are people as powerful as him. Be careful what you say, and do not try to use your power against him. He is able to block it out fully. Tread carefully.’

She wiped my cheek, kissed me on the forehead, and hugged me.

‘After this, we can no longer see each other. I will be erased from your mind, and we will never again see each other. I’m sorry, but that’s the way it must be. Oh, and that night, that first night when I was in the kitchen, waiting for my husband? Actually, I was waiting to see if you would use me. But you didn’t. That was the test to get in and see the CM – I have a good figure though, don’t I?’

The woman I knew as Mrs. Sharpe disappeared. A small voice called out to me – ‘Enter.’

I swallowed hard, and walked into the room. I took a look around me, and was shocked. The room itself was as big as a house, laid flat on the ground, with no furniture or walls around it. The floor was the same marble, no breaks to see anywhere, with no scuffs or marks anywhere. The walls of the room were regular concrete, painted marble colours, and glowing with a dim yellow light, giving a luminescent and home feeling to it. The room was cold; there were no windows, no sunlight, no vents or heaters.

A navy blue carpet ran down the length of the hall, towards a chair. The chair itself was nothing special, just a wooden chair in the middle of the room. I walked towards the chair, seeing as it was the only place to sit and wait. I didn’t wait for an invitation to sit down – there was no one else in here. The door behind me, into the hall, closed with a mighty bang, the sound echoing long and loud in the empty room. The lights grew brighter and hotter, like they were heat lamps for a lizard. I waited apprehensively in the chair, growing nervous and anxious, and also a bit peeved that there was no one else here.

A voice boomed out of the walls.

‘ERIC _________, YOU ARE HERE TO SPEAK TO THE CHAPTER MASTER OF EUROPE. WHY HAVE YOU COME?’

I tilted my head to the side, wincing from the sudden shock of a loud voice almost yelling at me. Reminded me of The Wizard of Oz, but it was no time to joke around.

‘I came to talk about myself, and my Aura. I wish to let it be known that I am not in fact someone to fear.’

‘YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE CHAPTER MASTER CANNOT BE CONTROLLED, READ OR SEEN WITHOUT HIM EXPRESS PERMISSION, DO YOU NOT?’

‘I do.’

‘VERY WELL.’

A section of the wall to my right opened up, and four guards came rushing out, two kneeling, and two standing behind them. They were pointing guns at me. I didn’t move; I was too afraid that they were here to kill me.

A man in a nice suit came out. It was grey; everything on him and about him was grey. Grey 3-piece suit, with grey socks, grey shoes, and greying hair. His face was sallow and old, with wrinkles deeply pressed into his look. He nodded at me, and stood where he was. The four soldiers stood back up and created a box around him, preventing me from shooting him. As if I had wanted to.

‘Eric, I am Master Walters. Please state your case.’

I stood and turned turned the chair in order to talk to him, and watched as the eyes and guns of the soldiers never once wavered off of me. I sat down again, legs straight out, hands on my knees. I gripped my hands into fists, and thought hard about what to say. It had taken me 2 weeks to get here – and during that entire time, I had thought that it would be a lot easier than this. A face-to-face meeting, over coffee or something, and I would be on my way.

‘Master Coleman; My name is Eric ________, and I am here to ask you about myself.’

‘Oh, and why should I answer to you, or your questions?’

‘Because I have the power to turn those guns against you, with or without your money and respect.’

‘Hmm. Very well then. What can I answer for you?’

This got me thinking hard. Is my Aura original? No, there had to be others like me. Was I being watched? Of course I was – there were those people at the airport. I nodded to him and asked,

‘Why am I such a threat to you?’

He raised his arm and stroked his chin. He closed his eyes, and seemed to be waiting. After a moment his eyes opened again, and he spoke calmly, and in a monotone voice.

‘You are a threat because of exactly what you told me you could do. You can and do control people to do whatever you wish, without the usual working for it. Tell me something – have you not asked 11 girls to follow your lead, and live your life with you?’

‘No. I asked them at first to just allow me to use their bodies, as I was immature and a child with my power. After an incident, there was something I had not thought of before – there was love. I loved the girls I had so wrongfully taken against their will. Now, though, they cannot imagine life without me there. It must be hard for them without me. So, in fact, I am here to ask you to let me do the one thing I want most – to live life fully, without the tampering of the Chapters, without being asked into their service unless I so choose, and not having to obey your rules about what I can and cannot do with my life.’

‘But you see, that is where we have come to an impasse. I cannot allow you to do whatever you wish – if I did, then you could become the next Hitler, or Genghis, or –’

‘Stop doing that! I’m not going to become a Hitler! I don’t hate the Jews, I don’t want conquest, I want to live my life in peace. If that means telling someone to let me build a farm down south somewhere, fine. If that means that I have to do someone else’s dirty work for a while, fine. But don’t even tell me again that I could become another Hitler.’

‘Very well; I see I touched a sore spot. No, you must realize you are being watched at all times; we cannot have you gallivanting around town with the whole world and everyone in it as your playthings. We do not tamper with peoples’ lives; we do occasionally ask them to reconsider where they are moving to, or about a job, or something to that degree. And as for the “service” as you called it? That is something that all Controllers, regardless of stature or race or age must do at some point in your life. You may not know you are doing it, but you are. So, there we are – I am willing to sign a piece of paper, or swear, or whatever you wish to do, that I will not interfere with your life, so long as it does not go beyond what you consider ‘peaceful’. I can tell that all you want to do is rest, and have fun with your girls, and raise a family one day. That is all that most men aspire to at first; it is something most men never find. But you will have my help, if ever you decide to come back.’

‘Thank you sir. That is all I have needed. I hope you don’t mind my asking, but is there a Chapter Master in Russia as well, or just China/Japan/Korea?’

‘Minister Kolchevnikov will be most displeased if you do not at least visit him. While he is not a Chapter Master, we give him the necessary protections and precautions of a Master, just to keep him happy. I shall set up a meeting with him, if you please. As for Japan, you will need to find that Master yourself. As Asia is a big area, with many people, he could be someone you pass on the streets, or meet at a hotel, or see on a train. It is harder to hide where there are lots of places to hide, if you know what I mean. Take this letter,’ he spoke, still in the monotone voice, ‘to the receptionist outside. She will know what to do. Your plane will leave at 7:45 tonight. Be on it.’

‘Master? One more question, if you please?’

‘Very well, but hurry. I have other engagements.’

‘May I see the real you?’

‘Hahaha, no. This man is the real me as far as most people know. They know my voice, my looks, my choice of colour. It is easier this way. He is like Mrs. Sharpe, just a layered figment of my imagination. Didn’t you find it weird that she let you stay in her house without any questions? How there were no real rules? How, whenever you came home, she would mostly stay out of your sight?’

‘But she ate food! She kissed me, touched me!’

‘Your imagination working on that one. You saw what she looked like, and how she should respond to your questions and presence. The girls saw a different person too – for the one named Taryn, she was an old woman in her late 90’s with an old cat that she carried around with her everywhere. For the other one, Hannah, she was a young woman, just out of her 20’s, with a gorgeous figure and willing to help Hannah with her women problems.’

‘Fine, so you used our imaginations to see what we all wanted as a nice woman like a mother to us. But why all this deception? Are you truly that afraid of us Auratics?’

‘Sorry, but those are more questions. I shall leave you with this – yes. We are afraid. But not of you; just what you might one day become.’

The man in the grey suit, turned around and vanished into the doorway. The soldiers holstered their guns and walked backwards into the doorway as well. One came back with a slip of blank paper, but exuding a slight red Aura. The voice came from the walls again.

‘MRS. SHARPE WILL DRIVE YOU TO THE AIRPORT. PAY HER THE SAME AMOUNT OF RESPECT SHE HAS DESERVED THESE LAST WEEKS. 7:45. BE ON TIME.’

The lights dimmed some more, and the door back to the main hall opened again. The receptionist was waiting for me at the desk as usual, and took the slip of paper from me. She waved her hand over it, blinked, nodded to me, and pointed towards the door outside. I nodded, and she picked up the phone. I heard her speak some kind of foreign language, like Russian or German or something, when the bright lights of afternoon hit me, and I stood blinking like an idiot on the doorstep to an old London flat, where Mrs. Sharpe was bustling about with an apron on, cleaning and dusting, while Mr. Sharpe ate some toast. I found the car parked next to the house still, with the keys on the passenger’s side seat. I drove to work today, an oddity for me. I met Joel at the Sony Store, told him that I would be leaving tonight, and asked for my two week’s worth of pay.

He smiled and led me to the office, and nodded towards an envelope on the table. I opened it up, and instead of a cheque, there was only a strange white mist that enveloped my face. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was Joel being handed a wad of bills from the receptionist.

I woke up in a bed, with the covers pulled tightly over me, and the alarm ringing. There was a pounding in my head; I felt like I had a hangover. I pounded the alarm to death, and opened up the curtains in my room. I looked out onto a cityscape of some downtown area, bustling and snowing. Russia, for sure, but where? Probably Moscow; where else but the capital would they have sent me? But the last thing I remembered was leaving Mrs. Sharpe’s in the morning, and heading to see Joel, and then I was here, in this room. I checked for my wallet, which was not in my pants. All of my money was gone too. My passport was also missing, but a note was inside of one of the pockets.

Sorry about the gas. It wasn’t my idea. You were a great help these last weeks. I hope that your mission goes well. We’re sending you to Russia – by the time you’re awake, you’ll be miles away, and hopefully, alright. I was told that you were going to see Minister Kolchevnikov, and that you were being ‘born again’. That means, you were going via packaging, and we had to knock you out first. Some advice – don’t work anymore, just use your power to get what you need, and leave ASAP. The Russians, for all their intentions, are not the nicest people to be around for more than a couple of days.

Thanks again kid. You made my last 2 weeks productive and happy.

Joel _________

Well, at least I was fine. I checked my knapsack which I had bought along with my recorder, and there everything was: my wallet, my passport, my recorder and batteries and earphones, and everything else. I checked the date and time, and saw that on the other side of the note there was a hastily scribbled note.

April 19th
21:00 hours
Building of Central Arts
Moscow
Kolchevnikov.

I checked the time again, and there was about 2 hours before my meeting was scheduled. I needed to find the Central Arts building, and fast. After washing, showering, and dressing again, noting that I needed to wash my clothes really soon, I hailed a cab out of the hotel with my knapsack. I told him to go to the Building of Central Arts, and away he went. We passed overturned cars and a few bums, before we hit downtown, and saw people milling about on street corners, with the familiar Russian snow hats, and big woollen coats. I was wearing a sweater and some jeans, so it wasn’t too cold, but with the snow, it made a difference.

We pulled up in front of a big building of grey stone and some signs in Russian. The cab driver leaned backwards, and said in broken English,

‘Twenty roubles. American money?’

‘Not paying. Free ride.’ I answered him, and he nodded to himself and smiled. He crossed me off the list he was writing on for Taxi rides for the day and waved me off. I walked into the building, and heard a message in Russian. This really wasn’t helping me, but I thought I could work my way around the language barriers.

I hugged myself, and thought about what I wanted to say. I eventually whispered,

‘Understand all major languages.’

Nothing happened, and no strange feeling came with it. I usually felt drained after such a big thing, but I didn’t feel any such strain. Maybe it didn’t work – just as well, I really didn’t want to burst out in Russian when I was swearing. That would get me many weird looks.

A lot of people passed me, obviously on their way out. The Arts Building was closing, I presumed, because the guards were also switching shifts. I tried to talk to one of them.

‘Hello?’

The guard turned to me, smiled and replied in the same broken English, with very heavy accent. I am going to say it in my voice again to help things along.

‘Hello. May help you?

‘Yes. Closing?’

‘Yes. Please leave.’

‘Kolchevnikov?’

‘I do not understand.’

‘Chapter Master?’

‘I do not understand.’

I tried to get him to understand that I had to be here, but we weren’t having that much luck. I then had an idea, and showed him my note. He glanced at the bottom of the scrawl on the back, and nodded. He waved for me to follow, and led me down to a storage closet. He opened the door, and ushered me in. I went in, and expecting mops and brooms, was mildly surprised to see that when the door closed, another opened in front of me with a similar long hall like the one that I had seen in London. There was a different receptionist, and she told me to go down the first hall on my right, and into the Green Room.

As I turned the corner, I couldn’t help but think that just two days had passed since I had seen Master Walters. I wondered how different Kolchevnikov’s meeting was going to be.

I opened the door to the Green Room, and was shocked to see my way barred by plants of every kind. There were ivy vines and trees along all the walls, and in front of the door, and all along the floor. There were flowers everywhere, along with leaves, squirrels and rabbits and birds singing and nattering and making a general clamour.

I picked my way through the Room until I found a clearing in the middle, with a fallen log and a fire pit in it. There was a woman sitting there, wearing only a loincloth bra and underwear, roasting a rabbit and drinking what looked like tea. She didn’t raise her head, but just waved me over. I sat across from her, and smelled the rabbit cooking. She never raised her eyes, but I took her form in anyway. She looked to be about 30, with long brown hair, and a deep, chiselled face. Her body was hard muscle, with no breasts to speak of, or any pubic hair that was showing. Her underarms were shaven as well, which meant that she didn’t live here, just came here to be among the plants and wildlife.

She raised her head and smiled at me, and bade me pick at the rabbit meat. I tried some of it, found it a little undercooked but good, and sat back and smiled again. She leant back onto the log, and we sat facing each other.

‘??????, ?—???????????.’

‘I’m sorry, I don’t understand.’

‘??????, ?—???????????.’

I tried to speak Russian back to her.

‘??????, ?—????.’

The rest of the conversation was all in Russian. It went something like this:

I am Kolchevnikov.

I am Eric.

I understand that you are going to meet with the other Chapter Masters?

Yes. I am trying to protect myself and the ones I love.

A good goal for any man. How may I help?

I wish to remain at peace, as long as I live, and the others who shall live with me as well, if they so choose.

That is reasonable. Will you accept the fact that we may need you for something?

Yes. I will do whatever I can in order to help you.

Good. Then, I will do what I can to help you remain a free person.

Thank you, Kolchevnikov. May we never meet again.

And thank you, Eric. May you never have to come back here again.

There was more to the conversation, of course. There was a trifle, and a little argument, as there was with Master Walters. But there was no protection surrounding Kolchevnikov, so I guessed that her Aura was green, like Jess’s. That must have something to do with the doors of their rooms.

I found myself outside again, and hailed another taxi. After asking to go to the airport, I mused to myself. There must be a faster way of doing this, of going to each Country and finding the Chapter Masters there. They couldn’t all be in a major city – I had just been lucky so far. But Africa had so many city-states that finding the ONE Chapter Master was going to be a bitch. And Japan/Korea/China were all different countries, so how the hell was I going to talk to all three of them?

I wrapped my arms around myself again, and tried to get warm. I thought about my girls – what were they doing now? Would it be long before I saw them again? Will they still love me? What will Heather think of me then?