The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Behind Enemy Lines

Chapter 3

Tegan awoke to bright, neon light. She was lying down on a lumpy mattress, covered by a thin, scratchy blanket. She was in a windowless room, little bigger than ten by ten. A large video monitor was attached to one of the concrete walls near the ceiling. A chair that looked like it weighed more than Tegan was chained to the galvanized table that was bolted to the wall. A large steel door was the only exit. A tin ashtray, a yellow bic lighter and a pack of cigarettes lay in the center of the table.

She sat up and nearly vomited. Her head swam and the room lurched around her. Things settled down after a half a minute. Tegan took stock of herself. She still wore the clothes she’d been wearing when she’d been attacked. She hoped that Claire was okay. She hoped that Claire wasn’t her attacker. She remembered being caught by someone strong. By the strength of the arms she guessed that it was a male someone.

Her purse was missing, as was her watch, earrings, wedding ring and necklace. Gone too were her shoes and belt. Without windows or some way to tell time, she had no idea how long she’d been knocked out. Based on the way her body felt she guessed that it was only an hour or two. Had she lain on the hard mattress any longer she would surely have an aching back. She wasn’t terribly hungry either. If she’d slept through the night she’d be hungrier than she was.

Tegan stood slowly. When she was sure that she wasn’t going to fall over on her first step, she slowly walked to the door. It was locked. She figured that it would be, but she had to try.

“Ah, you’re awake,” said a raspy, woman’s voice.

Tegan jumped at the sound. She turned. The monitor was on and filled with the face of a middle aged woman with straight, black hair. The video had a grainy quality and the camera moved randomly, making Tegan suspect that the camera was being hand operated.

“I’m happy to see that you’re finally up,” the woman said. “I was afraid that you were going to sleep all day, which would have been a shame. I really want you to see what’s about to happen.”

“Why have you imprisoned me?” Tegan said through clenched teeth. She wanted to scream, but knew that it would serve no purpose, other than to play into her captor’s hands. If she was a sadist then she’d take pleasure in Tegan’s distress. If the woman was willing to negotiate then losing her temper would only weaken her position.

“You’re here because you’ve been a naughty girl. Snooping around, trying to make trouble for me. It’s lucky for me that I’d discovered that Claire worked part time for The Guardian and have been monitoring all of her communications; otherwise you might have wreaked havoc on my plans.”

“You’re Andie, aren’t you?”

“Very impressive. You will be a welcome addition to our campaign. Provided that you join willingly.”

“Join what?” Tegan asked. “An embezzlement team?”

Andie laughed. “Goodness no. I haven’t been embezzling. This isn’t about personal riches. I was redirecting funds to further our goal.”

“What goal?” Tegan asked in desperation. She wished that Andie would just get to the point.

“To bring smoking back. It is my mission to bring smoking back to the world. NTA is the starting point. By the time we are done, the 50s and 60s will look smoke free in comparison. We want an 80% smoking rate at a minimum.”

Tegan sat down on the hard bed. It looked like this was going to be a long conversation. “Why on earth would you want that? Smoking is a smelly, expensive and decidedly unhealthy habit. Once it is completely eradicated the world will be the better for it.”

“You won’t feel that way for long,” Andie said with an unsettling smile. “Now, the question is, will you join us willingly?”

“Of course not!”

“I didn’t think you would agree right away, so I’ve created a video for you. I hope that after viewing this you will see that it is futile to resist us.” The camera moved away from Andie’s face. It turned until it was facing a computer workstation. Small hands with long, painted fingernails typed at a keyboard. The camera turned back to Andie’s face. “Before I begin the presentation, would you like something to eat or drink?”

“Water would be nice.”

“I’ll have Bruno bring you some.”

The camera turned back to the keyboard.

The video cut away from Andie’s face to a girl in her late teens or early twenties. There was something familiar to Tegan about her face. The video was time stamped in the bottom right. The date was May 12th, the time 12:41pm. That was the day she’d gone into labor with Annabelle, just over three months ago.

“Okay, this is my new video journal,” the girl said. “My mom asked me to make one about my new life as a smoker.”

The camera jerked to the left, showing the burning cigarette in the girl’s dainty hand. Her nails were short and each was painted a different color of the rainbow. The cigarette was long, completely white, and freshly lit. The camera followed the cigarette as it journeyed to the girl’s mouth. She took a long drag, a look of ecstasy on her face.

“Oh my god, I love smoking so much.” She blew out a thick cloud of smoke and then the camera jerked away from her face again. It panned around the room swiftly. It looked like a girl’s bedroom. The video feed settled, pointing toward a bed with a pink comforter. The girl positioned herself on the bed so that her upper body was in frame. She took another puff and then said, “So, I come home from college on Monday and my mom is in the dining room smoking. I was totally shocked. My mom works for an anti-smoking company and hates smokers. She offers me a cigarette and tells me that she wants me to start smoking and she wants me to get my sister to start smoking, too.”

Tegan didn’t hear the next part. Her mind was spinning. She realized who the girl was. It was Danielle, Melinda Harris’s daughter. Melinda was the HR manager at NTA and a passionate non-smoker. Danielle had to be lying. There was no way Melinda would encourage her daughters to start smoking.

“So, Morgan is going to arrive any minute with Kim, Lucy and Moisha. We’re going to test the drug on them. After that we’ll start using it on random people at the university. My mom wants me to film the whole thing for some reason.” Danielle took a drag. “I don’t know who is watching this, but you should try smoking. It’s fucking amazing.”

The video feed went black. After a couple seconds it came back on in a different room. Three girls around Danielle’s age sat on an overstuffed couch. A window in the wall next to them was positioned near the ceiling, making it look like the room was in a basement of someone’s house. The girl on the left had dark, wavy hair and smooth, mocha colored skin. The girl in the center had long straight hair and looked like she had some Asian ancestry in her. The third girl had a short blonde hair and was very white. They looked like they were about to pose for the cover of a college diversity brochure. All three girls were busy with their phones.

“Is it recording?” Danielle asked from off screen.

“Yeah, the red light is one,” said another unseen girl. She sounded a lot like Danielle.

Danielle and her sister, Morgan, stepped in front of the camera. Morgan’s hair was a darker shade of blonde and pulled back into a pony tail. She wore her makeup differently, but she was the twin of Danielle. Same build, same height, same face.

They sat on chairs across from the three girls. A long, low coffee table separated the chairs from the couch. A large glass ashtray sat in the center of the table. A small crystal perfume bottle sat next to it.

“Okay, let’s start by introducing every one,” Danielle said as she glanced at the camera. “I’m Danielle.”

“I’m Morgan,” Danielle’s twin sister said.

The three girls on the couch looked up from the couch and introduced themselves. The blonde’s name was Kim, the girl next to her was Lucy and the third girl was Moisha. Danielle asked them to tell the camera a little about themselves. Tegan didn’t catch all of it. She was distracted by the door to her cell opening.

A large man entered the room carrying a pitcher of water and a small plastic cup. Bruno smelled like he’d just come from an intense workout and had smoked a cigar along the way. He poured water into the cup and then handed it to Tegan. After setting the pitcher on the table he left the room. The sound of a deadbolt slamming home quickly followed.

Tegan took a sip of water. It didn’t make it to her throat. She was so parched her mouth absorbed it instantly. After draining the cup she grabbed the pitcher and then poured herself a refill. She set the pitcher at her feet and turned her attention back to the video.

“And what do you think of smoking? Danielle asked the three girls on the couch.

Kim and Lucy turned to each other with quizzical looks on their faces.

Morgan spoke up first. “It’s gross,” she said much in the same way someone says “duh”.

“Yeah, totally gross,” Lucy said. “The smell makes me want to puke.”

“Me, too,” Kim added.

“Perfect.” Danielle picked up the perfume bottle and handed it to Morgan.

“What does smoking have to do with perfume?” Kim asked. “Is that thing supposed to mask the smell of cigarette smoke?”

“In a way.” She removed a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from her purse as Morgan squirted each girl in turn.

“That smells like my Mom’s kitchen after she’s finished cleaning,” Lucy said.

Danielle handed Morgan a cigarette. Morgan lit her own cigarette and then held the lighter out for Danielle.

“When did you two start smoking?” Moisha asked.

Morgan exhaled smoke to the side. She held the cigarette between two fingers with a natural casualness. “Just started.”

“Why?” Lucy asked as she fanned at the smoke with her hand. “Smoking will kill you.”

Danielle exhaled toward the girls. “Now tell me, does the cigarette smoke smell any better to you?”

“No,” the three girls said in near unison.

Danielle took another puff. “Okay. Now listen to me Kim. Cigarette smoke isn’t gross anymore. It has a neutral smell, like water.”

Kim frowned. She sniffed the air. Her eyes widened. She sniffed a couple more times, a smile forming on her face. “You’re right. It doesn’t smell gross anymore.”

“It still smells nasty to me,” Moisha said. “Why is the perfuming working for Kim and not me?”

“That’s because you don’t have the right attitude about the smell yet.” Danielle looked at Morgan. “You want this one?”

Morgan took a drag and then said, “Moisha, cigarette smoke smells better than the sweetest flower.” Morgan blew her exhale at Moisha’s face.

Moisha inhaled deeply, a delightful smile painting her face. “Oh my god, that smells amazing. Blow more at me.”

“How the fuck are you doing this?” Lucy said as she stood. She looked at Kim and then Moisha. “Are you two in on this?” When her friends shook their heads she said, “I’m leaving.”

“No you aren’t. Sit down, Lucy. All three of you will stay on the couch and remain silent until either Moran or I say otherwise.” Danielle turned to Morgan. “What should we do with the rebel?”

“Let’s make her a smoker, but not enjoy it right away.”

“You can be such an evil bitch. No wonder you’re going to be a lawyer.” Danielle looked at Lucy. “Anything you’d like to say before you become a smoker?”

Tears filled Lucy’s eyes. “Why are you doing this?”

“Because smoking is the most amazing thing ever. We want everyone to experience it firsthand. With the compound in the perfume bottle we can turn anyone into a smoker instantly. A friend of my mom’s used it on us last night. Her name is Andie and she wants us to turn everyone at the university into smokers. We want you three to help us.”

“Please don’t do this,” Lucy said.

The other two girls nodded in agreement.

“No more talking. You are now addicted to cigarettes, Lucy. If you go more than an hour without a cigarette you’ll start freaking out.” Danielle watched the desperation form on Lucy’s face. She held out the pack of cigarettes to the new nicotine addict.

Lucy grabbed the pack. She ripped it apart, trying to get at her salvation. She needed a cigarette more than she’d ever needed anything else before. She accepted a light from Morgan. When the smoke hit her lungs she gagged. It tasted and smelled just as bad as before. While still coughing out her first drag she took another.

“Okay, time for you two to join Lucy. Kim and Moisha, you both love smoking. You love cigarettes. If you cannot smoke you’ll keep an unlit cigarette in your hand or mouth until you can smoke it. You won’t cough when you smoke. You’re body loves smoking almost as much as you do.”

The girls accepted cigarettes from Danielle happily. They smoked their cigarettes like they’d been smoking for years, with deep, cheek hollowing drags. Lucy still struggled with her cigarette, but matched them drag for drag.

“You enjoy smoking now, Lucy,” Danielle said. She watched her friend’s expression change from anguish to delight as she took another puff. “All three of you want to share smoking with the world. It pains you that there are people out there that do not know how awesome smoking is.”

Morgan set a Zappos shoebox in front of each girl. “Each of these boxes contains twenty bottles of the compound. You will use these on people at the university. Once you’ve turned them into devout smokers give them a couple perfume bottles of their own and then have them do the same.”

Danielle picked up Moisha’s phone and started typing. “If you run out of the compound send a text to the phone number I’ve entered and they’ll ship you some more.”

“Thank you for showing us how wonderful smoking is,” Kim said. Smoke poured from her mouth as she spoke.

“Yes, thank you for choosing us,” Lucy said.

The video want black again.

Tegan didn’t know what to make of the video she’d just seen. Was it some kind of put on? Had they been paid to put on a performance? She knew Danielle and Morgan. She’d met them several times in the last couple years at company events. They’d always seemed like nice, intelligent girls, much like their mother. Why would they take part in such a weird ruse? Was it an attempt to make a viral video for the internet?

The monitor came to life again, this time showing a scene of a large courtyard outside of a tall, stately building. A sign near the building pointed directions to the university library, administration building, and cafeteria. Concrete paths cut between the expansive grassy areas with stone benches edging the path every few yards. College students walked along the path while others sat on the benches, reading or talking together. A ring of five guys played hacky sack in one of the grassy areas. A large white circle was painted on a concrete slab in the left corner of the courtyard. A lone man smoked a cigarette inside the circle. The video looked like it was part of a surveillance feed.

The camera panned toward the smoking area and then zoomed in. The timestamp indicated that it was a week after Danielle’s video. The man finished his cigarette and then the video sped up, the time passing quickly. A couple entered the smoking area, smoked their cigarettes over a couple seconds and then hurried away. Three girls entered the smoking area, one of them was Morgan. They lit up and smoked in high speed. The video sped up again, an hour of video time passing every thirty seconds. Shadows shrank, disappeared and then grew in the opposite direction. A total of thirty or so people entered the smoking area. Once the sun set, the time sped up. In the center of the screen it read, “Day 1”

When the sun rose the video slowed a little, but the day sped by faster than the previous day. A similar number of smokers entered and left the smoking section. The same scene played out over days three and four. On day five the video sped up again, days flew by. When it slowed down again, “Day 30” was on the screen. A steady stream of smokers entered the smoking section. Tegan counted fifty in the first hour alone. The video raced ahead, stopping on “Day 60”. The smoking area was packed with people the entire day, too many people for Tegan to count. The video fast forwarded until it reached “Day 90”. The smoking area was empty. After a couple hours of video time, the camera pulled back. The courtyard was filled with people as on the first day, except now they were all smoking. Every single one of them. Tegan stood and walked up to the monitor. She scanned the video, trying to find a non-smoker in the crowds.

She let out a yelp when the video abruptly switched back to Andie.

“You’ve seen the power that we wield. You know that I can turn you into a devout smoker anytime I wish,” Andie said.

“You’ve proven your point. What do you want from me?”

“I want you to join us willingly.”

“Never!” Tegan spat.

“Light up a cigarette. Show me that you concede and I’ll give you a position of authority in the new company.”

“I’ll find some way to stop you,” Tegan said. “If it’s the last thing I do.”

“You will regret defying me!” Rage filled Andie’s face. She took several deep breaths and seemed to gain some composure. “I have one more thing to show you and then I hope you’ll change your mind. For your own sake.”

The video cut away from Andie’s face. It now showed Rita Mitchell’s expansive corner office. NTA’s CEO was typing away on a laptop on her solid oak wrap around desk. Tegan had met Rita many times and recognized her instantly. She was a tall, statuesque woman in her late 40s. She had a charismatic, commanding presence and others followed her instinctively.

When Andie entered the office a minute later she looked up at the camera and flashed a wink and a smile. She turned her attention back to Rita and said, “You wanted to see me?”

Rita looked up. “Yes, about ten minutes ago.” She turned her attention back to the laptop. “I need you to gather the executive team. I’m going to get to the bottom of the weirdness that has been going on around here once and for all. If they don’t get their acts together I’ll can the lot of them.”

“They’re already gathered in the executive conference room,” Andie said casually.

Rita’s head whipped up. “Who called them together?”

“I did.”

“Why?”

“Why don’t you come into the conference room and see for yourself,” Andie said.

Rita popped up from her chair and stormed toward the door, glaring at Andie the whole time.

The video cut away from Rita’s office. The next scene was a high shot of NTA’s executive conference room. The camera pointed to the front of the room. The long, oval conference table was filled with all of the company’s vice presidents, only the chair at the head of the table, the one reserved for Rita, was empty.

A moment later Rita burst into the room. “All right, what’s going on? I want answers and I want them quick.”

The department managers remained silent. They weren’t looking at Rita, they all stared at Andie, looking like obedient puppies.

Rita frowned. Her eyes followed the gaze of the others until she too was looking at Andie. “What is happening here?”

Andie walked past Rita and then sat in the empty chair. She smiled at the managers for a moment and then said, “Light up.”

Each manager produced a pack of cigarettes and promptly lit a cigarette. Andie looked up at Rita’s horrified face and laughed. She lit a cigarette for herself and then laid the pack of cigarettes on the table.

“There has been a shake up in the company, Rita.” Andie blew out a thick cloud of smoke. “The NTA will be promoting smoking going forward. As you can see, all of the managers are on board.”

“You? You’ve been behind all of this? How?” Rita stammered.

“It is better demonstrated than described.” Andie leaned back in Rita’s chair. “Barry, call Amber in here.”

Barry, the company’s CFO, picked up the conference phone and pressed zero. “Amber, please come into the executive conference room.” Barry paused for a second. “No, you don’t need to bring anything with you.”

No one spoke while they waited for Amber to arrive.

“You wanted to see…Why is everyone smoking?” Amber stood in the doorway, her mouth agape. She wore her normal short skirt and tight cashmere sweater, showcasing her youthful, slim legs and generous bosom. Her blonde hair flowed over her shoulders in silky waves.

“Please come here,” Andie said. “How do you like being the company receptionist?”

“I like it just fine.” Amber walked slowly to Andie’s side, her eyes glancing nervously at the various smokers in the room.

“What are your plans for the future?”

“Um, I just got married.” Amber held her left hand out and wiggled her fingers, the diamond solitaire glittering in the florescent light. “My husband and I are going to save money for a house and then we want to start a family.”

Andie removed a small perfume bottle from her pocket. “Do you or your husband smoke?”

“No.”

Andie spritzed Amber in the face with the compound. “Amber, you aren’t the receptionist at NTA. You are the executive sex toy. Now do your job and give Barry a smoky blow job. After you’re finished proceed around the room and pleasure everyone in turn.”

Amber strutted to Barry, losing her sweater and bra along the way. She plucked the cigarette from his mouth and then dropped to her knees. She took a long drag off the cigarette while she unzipped his fly. Once she had his erection free she bathed it in smoke and then dove on it, swallowing it whole.

While Amber bobbed up and down on Barry’s cock, Andie turned back to Rita. “With the chemical compound in this perfume bottle I can make anyone do or believe anything I want. Now, do you want to be the CEO of NTA or do you want to be the receptionist. As it so happens we have a brand new opening.”

“You fucking bitch,” Rita spat.

Andie’s eyes narrowed and flashed with fury. “Perhaps you’d like to join Amber under the table.”

“This is my company. I founded it. I’m not stepping down.”

Andie’s body relaxed. “I like that attitude. Now light up a cigarette to show your solidarity.”

Rita looked at each of the managers in the room and then at Amber, who was licking the length of Barry’s cock while shooting smoke out of her nose. She picked up a cigarette, lit it and then quickly blew out a small amount of uninhaled smoke.

“I’m so proud of you.” Andie stood and then offered the chair to Rita.

Rita sat. “Why are you doing this? What have we ever done to you?”

“You, personally? Nothing. The anti-smoking mission? Plenty. I used to be a simple bar owner. I didn’t make a lot of money, but I had a lot of loyal customers and I made enough to survive. Then one of your subsidiaries got my bar shutdown because I allowed smoking. I was furious at the anti-smoking movement. Not one of my customers had ever complained about smoking in my place. Yet, a bunch of assholes who’d never even stepped foot inside my bar decide that it should be shutdown because I let adults make decisions for themselves.” Andie took a deep drag and then crushed her cigarette out in the ashtray. “I decided at that moment that I’d do just the opposite. Instead of trying to make the world smoke free, like the anti’s, I’d devote my life to turning the world into smokers. When I discovered the brainwashing compound at Marlboro Labs I seized my opportunity. I got myself hired on at NTA and I think you can figure out the rest from there.”

Rita looked at the cigarette between her fingers. The ash had grown and was threatening to fall onto the carpet. It had gone unsmoked while Andie had ranted. “Well fuck.”

Andie squirted Rita in the face with the compound. “Rita, it is your mission in life to turn everyone in the world into devoted smokers. You love smoking and know deep in your heart that so will everyone else. You’ll be doing the world a favor.”

Rita flicked her cigarette, sending its ash into the ashtray. She brought it to her mouth and took a long, slow drag. Her eyes closed and a look of pure pleasure washed over her face as she drew the smoke deep into her lungs. She let out a thick, slow exhale into the smoky room. “Let’s go around the room. I want to hear everyone’s ideas on how we can share the pleasures of smoking with the world.”

The video cut out.