The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Being a Drone

Chapter VII

The building Eric and Carla were in was built in a mountain and beneath the ground. The entire system existed for six years now. The Computer had been created and programmed by MindTech, a company specialized in offering ‘mind-bending experiences’. The Computer was designed to be able to operate without human intervention. Hundreds of Drones had been ‘recruited’ and worked inside the building. Most of the time these Drones functioned as mere hands of the Computer, aiding it in maintaining itself, upgrading machines, creating new Drones and making sure the Drones worked perfectly. At every moment dozens of idle and sleeping Drones were connected to the Computer to serve as its brains, aiding in research and programming. These idle Drones often served as a source of energy too, by means of using the bio-electrical energy of the usually very horny Drones. The MindTech company made sure there was enough food for all Drones and materials for expansion and that’s all help the system needed from its creators. In return for this, the Computer would have its Drones perform certain tasks for MindTech on request which provided the company with enough funds to keep business going. The Computer was operating with such efficiency that it had many more Drones than needed for basic operation, but this was only an advantage, because they provided MindTech with more profits and the amounts of energy each Drone provided was well worth the costs. The entire operation was very secret and the front business very lucrative, as the clients were offered great services by the Drones of which most visitors thought they were highly trained staff. Only certain staff members knew what was going on and certain specially selected people would be allowed to go in and see how it worked. When a Drone was required it would wear either a MaleSuit or a FemaleSuit, which would fully simulate a normal human body. The MaleSuit had an artificial penis and balls, while the FemaleSuit cooperated with the BodySuit to allow for a vagina: there was a very tiny hole in the BodySuit right at the vagina, and if needed the suit would retreat to the edges of the vaginal ring.

Clients of MindTech were required to wear a special helmet, which put the client in a dream-like state, causing a special sensation and preventing the clients from recognising anything or trying to learn more about the Drones. They bought a program and after a while they were guided to a room in the P area of the building where Drones would entertain them. After the experience they would think it was either a dream or virtual reality and clients never asked for the technical details afterwards.

Today a man had bought a beginner’s program and he was guided to room P29. When he arrived two men and three women were waiting for him. Two women were wearing a bikini and a short skirt. The male Drones were nude. The two males started undressing the two girls while the other girl was undressing the man. The two couples started to pleasure each other, moving their hands over each other?s bodies, faster and faster. The client watched them and was getting aroused. Finally the other girl grabbed him from behind, moving her hands over his body, his arms, his back, his legs... she hugged him tightly, while the other four Drones did the same. The client was getting ready and all three girls started to frantically kiss their partners. The man was approaching an orgasm and the male Drones imitated this with their MaleSuit. The girls stood very close to the men and they suddenly grabbed the penis of their partner and inserted it into their vagina. All came to orgasm at almost the same moment. They were covered in sweat and fell on the ground, their bodies going wild and their waists pulsing, pumping, all in a frantic rage for pleasure. Finally, the client collapsed and the Drones retreated from each other. They picked him up and brought him to a room where he could rest and wake up. The MindTech staff would take care of him. Another happy customer would leave with the memory of a wonderful dream.

Through a door came five Drones. All of them were covered in a bright red bodysuit. They had large breasts sticking out and their nipples were even more stiff than usual. Their round asses swayed left and right as they walked. They all had a very nice face, and light brown hair flowed until just over their ears. They walked through the same corridors and went down the same stairs. All Drones had just finished a task in the P zone. At the same moment, all Drones changed colour, becoming blue. They entered the Cleaning Room and stepped inside a Cleaning Unit. After they were fixed and connected, their body waste flowed down a pipe. The Unit closed and two grey pieces came from the walls forming a shell around the beautiful Drones. Water flowed down their bodies and cleaned all remains of their previous task and removed whatever body waste was left over. Their bodies were showing signs of tiredness, although they might have been able to keep going, horny as they were. Five Drones walked out of the Cleaning Room and followed each other to another area. Here it was crowded with beautiful Drones, going in and out of Rooms. About 10 Sleep Rooms were accessible from the corridor they were walking in. Two Drones walked in the second Room, the other three Drones entered the fifth. They stepped inside a Sleep Unit. They were fixed on a special kind of vertical bed. Once they were inside, the beds moved into a horizontal position. From one of the long edges, a metal round-shaped piece went up and connected to the other edge, closing the beds above the Drones. They were now encased in some sort of a completely closed box, with a white flat bottom and a metal round top, and the edges near the head and feet of the Drones were closed too. The beds moved over a rail and were transported inside a closed chamber, where dozens of other boxes with Drones were stored on top of each other. Several pipes came out of the ceiling and connected to the boxes, pumping air in and out of them, providing the Drones with fresh air and a sleeping gas, aiding the Drones in falling asleep. The belts were stopped by a signal from the Drone Processor and the Drone bodies went asleep. Meanwhile all Drone Processors in the chamber were connected to each other, forming an extension of the Computer. The Drones would allow the Computer to use the intelligence of their hosts mainly to improve its effectiveness and conduct research, but partly to aid in running the Drone Network and giving appropriate commands. After a long sleep the Drone Processor would signal that the Drone body was ready again and the Drone would disconnect from the Computer, move back to the Sleep Unit and wake up. The Drone Processor would then restart to reconnect to the Computer.

Chapter VIII

About 9 hours later, a Drone woke up in a Sleep Unit. Its belt started pulsing again, while the Drone Processor restarted. “D26 restarted and reconnected.” After several seconds the Drone stood up and walked away. The Drone didn’t have a task to do yet. Mostly idle Drones would be instructed by the Drone Processor to walk through the building until a new task was given. Often the Drone would pass one of the many Units built inside the wall of the corridors and connect to the Computer to extend it. At times the Drone would go in a Training Room to keep its body in shape. The Computer made sure it would do this often enough. D26 walked through the building having no task at hand yet.

Eric was far away. The last thing he remembered was receiving a new id code. After that, he had fallen and for some minutes he had been awake a little. He was still in a dream, although he heard some thoughts in the background. He felt an odd emotion going through his head. It was very cold. The dream slowly faded. He didn’t remember when the dreams stopped and when he heard his own thoughts again. He tried to recall what had happened and where he was. Everything felt so strange to him. He wished he would fall asleep again. Slowly he started to remember the previous day. He thought it had been a dream. But it couldn’t be!

Finally he realised that he still couldn’t feel his body. He saw some blurry shapes, heard some noises. Then he partly remembered what he had discovered the day before. He concentrated on the memory and found it hard to get it back. It took some time, but eventually he knew most things again. He concentrated to get vision back. It was far more difficult than the day before. He felt so confused, overwhelmed by the effects of being incredibly horny. He concentrated again and finally he saw everything. It was strange. Immediately he saw Drones walking and he stared at the beautiful bodies, losing his concentration again. When he regained vision, what he saw was strange. He was walking through a corridor again, but all doors had gone. Only when another Drone walked in or out a door, he would actually see it. He concentrated to get more vision, but found it to be very hard. He stopped fighting and accepted the new world. He remembered that a new visual filter had been installed. Most likely this was the effect of it. Suddenly he remembered the other changes. He would need to try and look at his programming before the Mind Wrapping Program would kick in again. He recalled more and more of the previous day now. He started to relax, and discovered he could relax while keeping vision. He heard the background noise come closer. Suddenly he was aware of the link to the Computer. Because of the Mind Wrapping the day before a much better link to the Computer was in place. Every second he grew closer to realising that he was linked to the Computer like every other Drone now. Then, with a shock, he found out what had happened with the new installation. Getting real vision was near impossible, as the Drone Processor had extended its wires throughout his brains, effectively capturing and filtering many nerves. He accessed the Computer to get more knowledge. It was not able by far to capture his thoughts and it would never be able to do that completely, but it had control of certain parts of its memory, like most of the knowledge that was not useful for immediate use. He asked the computer for more details and learned that the last few days would usually not be filtered, because they hadn’t been interpreted yet. Most knowledge of before that though, with the exception of skill knowledge and experience like knowing how to do things, could be successfully interpreted by the Drone Processor. It was now knowledge that was available to the Computer and all Drones. He wouldn’t have much trouble accessing most of his memory, but he would not know if the knowledge was his or from an other Drone: it was in fact shared by the entire Drone Network. It was partly caused by his new full connection with the computer. He learned that it had taken about a day for most wires to be installed and that only after many hours his memory could be interpreted. But the most frightening thing was that he would not be able to communicate with the Drone Processor. He could send messages to the Computer and receive messages from it, but the Main Drone Program was made in such a way that his own thoughts would not be heard by it, not even when he would transmit thoughts. There were two kinds of thoughts actually. Some would remain private, some were communication thoughts that would normally only be sent by the Drone Processor and the Computer, and only by the Drone when it was directly connected to the Computer, like when sleeping.

By now Eric discovered the truth: all Drones were very smart machines, almost fully controlled by the Computer. The Computer consisted for most part of a simple program run by the collective mind of the Drones connected to it. The Drones held themselves captive! Yet he was a Drone too, but a very unique one. Unlike the other hosts, who were passive, drowned, locked away, unaware of what happened, he was aware most of the time and able to take initiative and talk to the Computer. He could even use the Computer to control himself, like he discovered the day before. But now that he knew why, he might be capable of more.

Eric was about to experiment a bit with his new finding, as he heard his Drone Processor say his body needed food. Right after that he was given the task of going to Food Unit 95 in Room H12, which was not too far away. He had now completely lost control of his body but in return he could use his now strong link to the Computer to command D26 to do all sorts of things. In fact it was much easier now, as he could command the Drone to walk to places without needing to control every movement of his legs. The Drone Processor had been ordered to go to Room H12 and Eric only needed to sit back and watch. However, he quickly found that his new body and mind had quite some restrictions. The Computer wouldn’t allow him to see other Rooms and would not tell him what other Drones were doing. Even his own memory was in fact restricted, as he discovered that he couldn’t find out what had happened more than several days before. He had assumed that the Computer would give him free access to all sorts of data, but he had no recollection of any events before one of the days that he had spent with the others exploring. And even that was fragmented. Apparently all that could successfully be interpreted. He was now near the Food Room. It was the only door that was constantly visible. He heard the command to walk inside and decided to try to resist it. He sent a mental picture of D26 halting and thought “Stop!” Immediately D26 stopped. Eric had D26 move around and turn a couple of times. Then he ordered D26 to walk inside Room H12. Immediately D26 received the command to step inside the Food Unit. Eric stopped interrupting the program now and waited until he had had his food. He did one discovery though. As soon as he stepped inside a Unit, he was no longer able to talk to the Computer until the Unit released him again.

About ten minutes later D26 got out of the Unit. Eric had the feeling that he was forgetting something. He tried to concentrate on it but immediately he felt incredibly horny and confused again. As long as he relaxed, he was still incredibly horny, but instead of disturbing him it would fill him with joy. He walked back in time to retrace everything. He felt his love for Carla again, a feeling that had been suppressed by the strong horniness. As he watched his memories of her being converted he heard his thoughts again and realised how he got here: to save Carla. He tried to go back but the memory was fading, interpreted by D26 and blocked by the Computer. Soon he wouldn’t know about his past life anymore! He shouldn’t forget Carla! He created a program that would keep an image of her inside him and remind him of his job, containing many parts of his disappearing memory. He transferred all knowledge to the program. After it was installed he wondered who Carla was again. He no longer remembered that he had an other life. He no longer knew there was more than a Drone. Suddenly he heard his just-created program remind him of his task. He looked at the image. She looked a bit like a Drone, but he saw some differences in her face. He had to find her. His program contained almost all data of Carla that Eric knew about her, and he learned that she was the host of E23. He asked the Computer where E23 was. It said that E23 was in Programming Unit 53. He asked what her task was but didn’t receive an answer. He commanded D26 to go to Programming Unit 53. It would be under a minute before he would be there. There could be only one thing they were doing. He entered the Room and saw 20 Drones standing next to each other. All 20 had a shiny pink bodysuit, which perfectly showed off their breasts. He asked the Computer who were standing next to him. None of the id codes matched Carla’s. The Drones walked out to do their newly assigned tasks. Eric asked the Computer where E23 was. That Drone did no longer exist. He was too late. The Computer was unable to tell him Carla’s new id code. He now realized that almost every trace of her was gone. His only hope would be to reprogram his visual filter and find her.

Chapter IX

Drone D26 received a new task. “Go to Room H27 and assist Drones D29 and D42 with installing and calibrating Programming Units.” While D26 walked to its destination, it joined two other Drones, who were standing next to the door of Room H27. Their colour was bright yellow. Eric suddenly felt a strong love towards the Drones and felt them close to him. He looked at D26. Its colour was bright yellow too. As the three Drones walked into Room H27, the three Drone Processors connected to each other so they could work more efficiently. It was a strange sensation, as he could feel their minds inside his. They had almost no thoughts, except for the flow of communication with the Computer. He tried to reach out and say something to them, but he didn’t receive an answer. While the Drones were working together to install the Units, Eric searched for the hosts. Both were very far away, very weak. He felt their emotions, horny like him and thrilled with joy. It scared him, when he discovered that they were listening and watching passively and only after several attempts they would answer him with feelings of love and sex, with only few thoughts, most of these were as if they didn’t understand him or want to understand him. Eventually he gave up. Then he remembered Carla and that he had to find her by reprogramming his visual filter. With D26 moving and installing Units on the background, Eric began studying the visual filter. It was quite easy now that he was linked to the Computer, and the two other Drones seemed to help him with it, thinking it was part of their task too. He found a way he could turn the filter on and off with an extra program and after further research he found a way to calibrate the filter, so it filtered only parts. He would need to get it in his Drone Processor first so it could reach the Program Level required. The program that constantly reminded him of Carla needed to be reinstalled as well, since it could be lost with the next restart. He prepared the programs and suddenly thought about another thing. It would be very useful if he would be aware of his situation right after a restart so he didn’t have to rediscover everything as slowly as he had that morning. He made a program that would replace the old anti Mind Wrapping Programming and put him in the correct mood (relaxed and aware) right away. He wrapped the three programs in an Installation Package and saved it in his memory. He talked to the Computer and added another task in the queue: to install the Package into Drone D26.

After the Programming Room was ready for use, three yellow Drones walked out of the Room. After just a few seconds, D26 received a new task: go to Programming Unit 106 to receive additional programming. Eric watched the Drone walking back to Room H27 and stepping inside the freshly-installed Programming Unit. A Drone walked into the Room. It was D29. It pressed several buttons and D26 was deactivated. After half a minute D26 said “D26 restarted and reconnected.” D26 was released from the Unit and was about to walk away as the new programming kicked in. Eric ordered D26 and D29 to stand still and stopped the visual filter. The world changed. He was very dizzy. He was standing in a very dark room. There was a very dim light coming from the ceiling. Next to him stood a rather large man with short black hair and dark eyes. He was covered in a bright yellow bodysuit, fully covering his body, from his feet until his neck, except for an exit for his body waste. The man standing next to him had visibly maintained his body well, as his muscled body was well visible inside the suit. Eric knew it was the Drone Programming that made sure each Drone’s body would be in good condition. The man was staring blankly into nothing. Eric ordered D26 to walk around D29. On the back, he saw part the man’s ass through a triangular opening. He ordered D29 to turn around to face him. He looked at the man’s waist there was no trace of a penis or his balls. He looked down. He himself still had his stuff, but he noticed that it was unusual small.

He learned from the Computer that the body of each Drone was conditioned with a combination of hormones, nerve impulses and pressure from the BodySuit. It would cause the body to change shape. Eventually the balls would be completely gone as the BodySuit’s wires would cut it off and transport it away with the body waste. At the same time, the penis would shrink more and more and the treatment caused a new channel to be formed, causing all Drones to pee the same way. The process would take just some days and after that the entire penis would be gone. It was very important that the body of each Drone was as efficient and similar as possible. Since each Drone could simply wear a MaleSuit or a FemaleSuit sexual organs were not really necessary, except for the vagina. Female Drones had their menstruation cycles stopped almost immediately and the treatment caused the female organs to disappear as well, leaving only a hole and a round closed bubble behind it. This was almost the perfect Drone body, each Drone getting rid of body waste at the same way and having a vaginal opening that was in fact compatible with both MaleSuits and FemaleSuits. A special system was inserted into each Drone’s body after a couple of days, which modified the breasts in such a way that they could inflate and deflate when needed. A variation of the BodySuit’s material was used for it. Eventually the bodies of all Drones were female bodies, in the sense that there was a vagina and two breasts. Even Drones that used to be male would receive a vagina and the tube that used to hold the penis had a special mechanism that could reshape it into a vaginal ring. But truly, a Drone’s body was genderless and as efficient as possible.

Eric learned that he would be ready for it in a couple of days and knowing it was inevitable he accepted the facts. He ordered D29 to go idle and ordered D26 to step outside. It was dark and Eric realised that the visual filter was designed to allow Drones to operate efficiently while it wasn’t needed to have bright consuming lights everywhere. That explained his dizziness and the fact that everything was so dark. He decided to turn the filter on again, because the Drone Processor relied on it. Only in Rooms he could turn parts of it off, but not completely. He could reconfigure the filter so it would only show Drones correctly, but he had to do it manually when he entered each Room, because outside Rooms he needed to see them as well.

Chapter X

D26 received a new task. It had to go to Room A12 and inspect the machinery inside. Eric watched the Drone going there and when he approached a busy Room, he sent a command to cancel the task and to go inside the Room instead. When he stepped inside, dozens of Drones were training their bodies in some kind a Training Room. He removed the Drone filter and looked around. All Drones had still similar bodies, although this time some Drones were larger than others, but the shapes of their bodies were almost identical. None of the Drones had a penis or balls. None of the Drones had breasts, for all breasts were deflated at that moment. D26 walked to one of the Drones with a male face and pushed on the place where it expected a vaginal ring and the BodySuit retreated, revealing a vagina. D26 removed its hand and the BodySuit slid back. Eric asked who was in front of him. It was C11 and Eric tried to use the Computer to control the breasts of C11. After a few attempts two large globes stuck out, nipples hard, and he ordered D26 to touch the nipples. Suddenly, he received a very strong command to go to Room A12 and inspect the machinery inside. Eric listened to the Computer and learned that it had detected D26 wasn’t following commands. It was impossible to struggle against it and D26 left the Room. Vision was normal again. Then, he heard a voice inside his mind say “Mind Wrapping Program activated.” Eric didn’t mind and drowned away. Everything was blurry. He still heard the Computer, felt the link with it. But it was different now. He heard all, but didn’t care to listen. He still saw everything but it was very distant, like in the back of his mind.

It was a feeling of peace and joy flowing through him. He felt it and enjoyed it. He didn’t question what was happening, wasn’t wondering anything, but clinged to the wonderful feeling. He was not in control, but he was unaware of that. It was a dream, but he didn’t realise it. D26 walked through the corridors, passing several Drones. Eric walked through the corridors, passing several beautiful girls. His mind interpreted it as a wonderful dream. It didn’t know the difference anymore between a Drone and a beautiful girl, for the past was locked away and imagination was bound to the confines of the reality of the Drone world. D26 walked through a door and began running tests on the machines inside, fine-tuning them, making sure they worked perfectly. Suddenly, it was reminded of Carla, and saw the images of her. It was an odd memory, but Eric didn’t wonder what it was. D26 hadn’t heard it anyway and continued its task. Eric started to identify himself with D26. He was D26, created several days before, programmed to be part of the Drone Network and obey the Computer. His mind accepted everything, and the long dream continued. D26 had finished its task and was ordered to go to Room A42 to inspect five Drones and to upgrade the BodySuit of two of them. It walked to the Room, which wasn’t far from where he was. He went inside and saw five Drones waiting. He ordered them to go inside the Drone Units. These were advanced Programming Units that could be used to run diagnostic programs on the BodySuit as well. D26 connected to one of the machines in the wall so it could operate the Units. The Drones were deactivated and D26 started to test if their programs worked well and if the Drone Calibration was as efficient as possible. After 25 minutes of testing, three Drones were released and walked away. D26 disconnected from the machine and walked to the first Drone, B12. Suddenly B12 no longer looked like a Drone. A man was standing in front of D26. D26 connected some wires to the man and to itself and from the ceiling of the Drone Unit a box came down containing the material that formed the special breasts. D26 pressed some buttons and suddenly, a small part of the BodySuit of B12 retreated and a gap was visible inside the body. Some blood poured out but it wasn’t much, and the BodySuit was designed to transport it to the body waste and use special wires to fix the body. D26 inserted the breast material inside the Drone and pressed some buttons on the Drone Unit. The BodySuit connected to the artificial breast piece with several wires and fibres. After that the breast piece sent dozens of wires, connecting to the skin of the Drone from inside. When this was done, the gap closed again. It would only take some days for the skin to heal again and the BodySuit was well capable of protecting the Drone against possible damage, because it had replaced most parts of the skin’s outside anyway. Another opening formed in B12’s BodySuit and D26 repeated the procedure, inserting another breast and watching it connect to the Drone’s body. D26 connected two wires of the Drone Unit to B12 and started the test program. The breasts started to inflate and deflate a couple of times, one by one, simultaneously, partly, and again. While the program was running, D26 pressed buttons that would fine-tune the breasts, so their shape was perfect at every stage of inflation and deflation. When the calibration was done, B12 was ready for the next step. The BodySuit retreated partly and a vaginal opening was visible. D26 connected two wires to the now empty tube. There was absolutely no trace of a penis or balls, as the skin was perfectly smooth. D26 pressed a button and the electrical signals from the wires caused the tube to change shape. It was clearly visible that the tube was yet another variation of the elastic material, but chemically altered to be much stronger.

The material had the special property that upon certain electrical patterns its elastical properties would change, in effect changing the size and shape of it. It was one of the scientific breakthroughs that made it all possible. The tube had now become a ring, and D26 placed it on the vagina. The BodySuit covered again, leaving only the inside of the ring uncovered. From the box D26 grabbed a piece of exactly the same material as the BodySuit and placed it over the vagina. It attached to the ring and pressed against the inside of the vagina. It stretched to cover the inside of the vagina and connected to the wires that already covered most of the surface inside. After a minute the BodySuit started to calibrate its extension and very soon it covered the vaginal ring again, leaving no trace, as the ring and the BodySuit were designed in such a way that the area would be perfectly smooth. B12 was now released and commanded to inflate its breasts, deflate them again, and D26 grabbed a small machine that would test the vagina. After the final test was completed, the Drone was restarted. D26 would now process the other Drone and B12 looked like every other Drone again. D26 walked to the other Drone. It changed appearance and turned out to be a female Drone. Unlike male Drones, female Drones were much earlier ready for the process, because in their case body parts only needed to be removed, instead of created. The Drone’s id code was G34. Its former large breasts were gone, the body cells washed away with the body waste, like most sexual organs and thousands of unfertilised eggs. Its body was almost identical to that of B12 now, as little visible trace was left of her being a female. Only her face revealed she used to be a woman, just like B12’s face revealed that he used to be a man. D26 repeated the procedure and inserted two breast pieces. After calibration, they could inflate to the original size again and beyond, just like every Drone. D26 placed the vaginal piece of the BodySuit over the vaginal ring, which was already in place. After several minutes G34 was ready and left, looking like an ordinary Drone again. D26 left the Room too, idle again. After walking through the corridors for several minutes, it entered a Training Room to keep its body in shape. For about an hour it exercised on several machines, training every muscle. The BodySuit aided in the training, amplifying the effects of the workout with pressure and sparks of electricity. It skipped several machines that would train certain waist muscles, leg muscles and vaginal muscles, because its body was not yet compatible with those machines that would encase its lower body or its waist. While exercising, its body reacted by sweating and drops of sweat poured through the BodySuit. Normally it could transport everything to the body waste but when produced in these quantities the BodySuit couldn’t take all. When D26 was finally finished with the workout, it walked to the adjacent Cleaning Room to get rid of the body waste and to clean the surface of its skin, the BodySuit. When it walked out of the Cleaning Room several minutes later, it received another task. “Go to room G32 an upgrade machines 6, 7 and 8 in that room. The machines were responsible with dozens of other machines for processing the food supplies of MindTech and creating food packets for the Drones. Further research by the Drones connected to the Computer had revealed a way to increase the effectiveness of the food supplies and to improve the muscles with a change in the balance of certain minerals and hence the machines had to be upgraded. D26 walked to the Room and upgraded the machines. It was quite a simple task and with testing it took only 30 minutes. Meanwhile the Drone Processor had detected that the body was getting tired and hungry and D26 was commanded to go to a Food Room. D26 walked to the Food Room and was fixed inside a Food Unit. After its body received proper nourishment, the Drone stood up and walked away.

Chapter XI

Eric was still passively listening and watching, enjoying it, fully relaxed, accepting everything that was happening, like anyone would, too tired to be bothered, too drowned in a dream, the kind of dream that tends to continue when you wake up. D26 walked to a Sleeping Room. Its host no longer attempted to be free and had long forgotten its previous life. As through a fog it obeyed the strong temptation of the dreams, until it stepped inside the Sleeping Unit, shut down, carried away and connected to the Computer, where the dream continued. It was different now, as the dreaming minds of dozens of sleeping Drones met each other, stimulated by the Computer to act as its brains, sending commands, pursuing research, aiding the combined efforts of all Drones, knowing no more than that this was their existence. It continued, every minute, every hour, as each Drone was used efficiently. Drones that were unnecessary had been programmed to manage on their own, until they were assigned to another task. And yet, after 7 long hours, all dreams ended, as the Drone restarted, and the Mind Wrapping Program was shut down once again.

D26 was restarted and reconnected. Eric suddenly remembered all. Something had gone terribly wrong the day before. Still capable of remembering every day since the creation of D26, he remembered what had happened. He had disobeyed an order and the Computer had forced him to obey by restarting the Mind Wrapping Program. Eric was fully aware of his situation again, as the programming of the day before had made sure of that. He was linked to the Computer, and realised the Computer was aware that his disobeying was a lack of efficiency of the system. Eric learned of a new policy that would reinforce each command by making sure the Mind Wrapping Program was running. Eric knew it wouldn’t be long until he would receive a new assignment. It wouldn’t be wise to disable the Mind Wrapping Program, as it was certain this would be detected as well. However, there was an alternative: hooking his program to the programming that controlled his behaviour when he was idle. Within a few seconds the program was modified and ready. But it wouldn’t be enough if the Computer would put him on a task when he had just become idle every time. He knew there had to be a way, because the Computer never interrupted Drones who were training their bodies. He quickly found the trick and wrapped up a program that could give him up to 60 minutes to spend before had had to give up. Later he could try to get rid of that Mind Wrapping Program. He wrapped the 2 programs in an Installation Package and sent them to the Computer. It was accepted and within a few seconds he heard the command. “Go to Programming Unit 41 to receive additional programming.” It was followed by another command. “Execute Mind Wrapping Program.” D26 walked to the Programming Unit as usual and this time Drone F18 installed the modifications. It was restarted and Eric was aware once again. Finally he felt confident that he could keep some control now. Yet, he suddenly received another command, before he had even managed to use his new toy to get some free time. “Go to Food Unit 86 in Room H12” The Mind Wrapping Program kicked in and with a feeling of joy he was dreaming again. What he had considered drowning before was no longer that. He had been wrapped so often that he was almost completely identifying himself as D26. Because he no longer had memories of a normal life, he thought this was reality and normal. He considered his ability to think for himself as strange now, a uniqueness, and if he wasn’t constantly reminded to save Carla he wouldn’t care. In fact, he had lost so many of his past that even his name was now unknown to him, for the Computer wouldn’t give access to that part anyway. It was D26, a Drone, 3 days old. It knew how Drones worked and why it was able to think for itself. It knew it used to be a host, but was convinced that the host wasn’t important.

Chapter XII

After getting food, it was idle again and it used its new program to buy it an hour of time. For a moment, D26 wondered what it should do. It decided to go and walk through the building to explore it a bit, for the Computer never told it things about the building, for it judged that information as unnecessary. D26 was walking through one of the corridors, thinking about all things that had happened the past few days and especially the day before after it had been wrapped. Quite unexpected, the reminder program was executed. D26 was shocked to see images of a life it didn’t know about. It saw mental images of itself, walking with a girl. It surprised D26 and it became curious to know more about its past. But one thing struck it. It had seen that girl before. She had a different body then, no breasts, covered in a BodySuit, a Drone. But the face had definitely been hers! This meant that it could find this Carla somewhere in the building. Her Drone id was G34. It stored the information in the program, using the Computer to make sure it would stay there. It asked where it could find G34. Carla was in a Food Room. D26 thought about a way to get into contact with her. It decided the best way would be to reprogram her. After all the program said she should be made free and that it should escape with her. D26 considered what would be meant with the last thing. It might mean getting rid of being a Drone and resume its previous host life again. It was getting curious now. The earliest memory it had was entering a door into the building. It decided to go there and find out what was there. But first, it needed to get some programs into Carla. It had 50 minutes left. It carefully wrote a number of programs similar to its own but that would only be activated on its command. It wrote a reminder program too, targeted at her and explaining a bit better what was going on. D26 wrapped it in an Installation Package and submitted it to the Computer. As expected, it was accepted and put in the task queue. It now thought how it could get rid of his close link to the Computer without being as careless as the day before. While inside the building it would be connected to the Computer and it should avoid making odd requests to it. It was important that D26 could communicate with its Drone Processor directly the same way as the Computer could. D26 knew its link to the Computer was in fact the link of its Drone Processor with the Computer. There had to be a backdoor, for in the Sleep Rooms its Drone Processor was in fact able to communicate with its mind. This reminded it of another backdoor that had to be there somewhere: there was a way to see at least one Drone at any time, like yesterday when it installed the several new body parts inside the two other Drones. There were 30 minutes left for it to work this all out. Meanwhile its Drone Processor let it walk through the building like normal for an idle Drone.

D26 accessed its programming and for several minutes studied it. It didn’t find any of the backdoors. It decided to go to a Sleep Unit to find out how to do it, but realised a flaw in its plan: to go anywhere would require a command by the Computer. This implied becoming wrapped again, and it couldn’t risk that. Its freedom was only freedom of thought and little more. Fortunately it could retrieve the Sleep Unit’s programming from the Computer and D26 hoped it wouldn’t cause suspicion. After just a minute it had found the critical coding and wrote a program that would allow it to talk to the Drone Processor directly without interfering the communication with the Computer. It would mean the Drone Processor would hear all its private thoughts and it would further integrate him with it, but it was a minor issue and it wouldn’t be detected by the Computer. It finished the program and added it to the Installation Package. It was accepted.

Finally, there was one issue left. It downloaded the programming of the Drone Unit and the machines that were part of it and soon enough located the important part. It wrote a small program that would be active at all times: it could correctly see a Drone if it wished, and whenever it wasn’t connected to the Computer it could disable the filter. D26 added the program to the package. It needed to find out if it could survive outside the building. Basically, the Drone Processor would keep running on the energy generated by the BodySuit. There was no way it could get rid of the BodySuit though. The only thing it truly needed was food. It consulted the Computer and learned that most kinds of food could be used, but that the food from the Food Units was as efficient as possible. D26 thought it could be doable and stored the data in its memory. Time was almost gone now and not feeling like waiting the extra minute it disabled the faking program. Immediately it received the command to go to Programming Unit 49.