The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Betrayed Downstream

by The Lycanthrope

Chapter 18 — Beauties At The Beach

La Jolla, California

It was small compared to the long stretches of sand like Mission Beach to the south, but Wipeout Beach was perfect for my needs at the time. It was in the right location, it had a good breeze, there were waves, and it was very public. With noon an hour away, the beach wasn’t crowded but there were still quite a few people enjoying the sun and surf. I’d spotted a few men surreptitiously eyeing Shelby and Ashley in their bikinis. They were sunning themselves on towels about 100 feet away from me.

We’d been there for about twenty minutes. After leaving Lauren’s office I’d returned to the apartments and picked up the girls. I programmed the Saab to take us to a nearby shopping center, where I’d purchased a mobile for myself. When we departed, I took manual control and guided us up the surface roads to La Jolla. It was something new for the girls, who apparently had never seen someone drive for any distance on surface roads. For me it was just the same thing I’d done a month ago when it had been twenty years earlier. Since they were so impressed with my ability to drive manually, I indulged in a little more showing off and had Ashley send a message from me to the consortium that owned the apartment complex to ask how much they wanted to sell it to me outright. During the rest of the drive to the beach, we planned what we were going to do when we got there.

I looked past the girls, scanning down the beach, then turned to my right and looked toward the rocks at the north end of the beach. I knew the girls were doing the same, as well as looking for anyone who might be watching me. I turned back to my left and saw Shelby walking in my direction. That could mean only one thing.

I did the natural thing, and watched Shelby’s feminine curves as she walked toward me. Her hips swayed seductively as she moved, oblivious to the fact that she was far too sexy for words. In the background I saw Ashley pull a scrap of litter out of the sand next to her towel, stand up, and carry it off in the opposite direction. I kept my gaze on Shelby as she walked by, a few yards in front of me. She didn’t even glance in my direction. As she walked away from me, I followed her with my eyes and then scanned further up the beach to see what the girls had spotted… there, up near the rocks at the north end. She was headed toward me, but she didn’t see me yet. She was trying to be inconspicuous as she glanced at each person she passed, but she wasn’t very good at it. I turned back to my left and saw Ashley nearly at the top of the steps at the south end that led up to the roadway above the beach. So far things seemed to be going according to plan. All I needed to do was wait a few minutes and trust my girls.

“Thank you for the pizza,” she said as she sat down next to me. “I think I have a new favorite pizza place.”

“You’re welcome,” I said, turning to look at her. “I’ve had a lot of pizza in a lot of places, and Giovanni’s is now in my top ten favorites, too.”

“That was an interesting little extra you threw in.”

“Will you walk with me?” We needed to get away from the others on the beach before we talked.

She nodded and we got to our feet. I walked down toward the water with her at my side. The sound of the breeze and the waves would make it very hard for someone to listen in on us electronically. I also hoped that the constantly shifting pattern of sunlight reflecting off the ocean behind us would confound any attempts at using a laser scanner to try to read the sound pressure waves from our mouths as we talked.

She was stunning. The breeze tousled her hair and ruffled the lightweight wrap she wore around her waist, showing flashes of her long, shapely legs. Her breasts bounced enticingly in her black bikini top. Suddenly it was like nothing had changed. I reached down and took Pamela’s hand in mine...

She stopped walking and gave me a look of puzzled curiosity. She wasn’t Pamela.

“I’m sorry, Shannon,” I said, dropping her hand. “It was a habit… a reflex. You look so much like her that I… Sorry, I guess you didn’t want to hear that, either.”

My vision blurred as I fought tears. It hurt more than I’d expected. Intellectually I knew that it had been twenty years, but my heart had only had a couple of weeks to deal with things. It felt like part of me had been torn away and there was a huge, aching hole where she’d once been. It had faded away over the past few days as Ashley, Cheryl, Shelby, Arianna, Gina, and Lauren had filled my life with passion and plans for a new future, but the pain wasn’t really gone. Seeing Shannon looking so much like the Pamela of twenty years earlier brought it all back.

“It’s OK, Ben,” she said. She took my hand again and gave me a sympathetic smile. My heart ached as we continued our walk up the beach.

“I understand how you feel,” Shannon said. “My father has the same look, but you’re holding together a lot better than he is. He’s a complete wreck right now.”

“I’ve had a couple more weeks to deal with it than your father. It’ll get better for both of us, it just takes time.”

“That’s what Grammy says. She liked the pizza, too. Do you really think all the cloak-and-dagger stuff is necessary?”

“I only had one sheet of paper to explain, so I couldn’t go into full detail, but I do think it’s necessary.”

“What gave you the idea to write a note and have it delivered in the box with the pizza?”

“Actually, it wasn’t my idea it was…”

The mobile trilled in my pocket. I took it out with my free hand and looked at the ID.

“…it was the lady calling me right now. Excuse me for a moment.”

Shannon stood next to me as I answered the phone.

“Hello Ashley, where are you?”

“Hi Ben. I found some litter on the beach and I brought it up to throw it away. You know how I like a clean beach.”

Ashley and Shelby had met up and compared notes. According to what we’d worked out, “clean beach” meant that Shelby hadn’t seen anyone following or watching Shannon on the beach. If Shelby had seen someone suspicious, Ashley would have said she didn’t like a “dirty beach” instead.

None of us had any idea what we were doing as we played at being spies, talking in code like we thought someone was listening, but it was the best we could come up with on the drive to the beach. Now it seemed silly, and Shannon’s “cloak-and-dagger” comment made it seem even more so.

“Yes, Ashley, I know how you feel about the environment. So have you cleaned everything up?”

“Actually, Ben, I think I see some litter up here.” A cold lump formed in my stomach. Ashley had seen someone that she thought was watching either me or Shannon from atop the cliffs.

“Can you hang on a moment?”

“Sure, Ben.”

I muted the mobile and looked at Shannon.

“The cloak-and-dagger stuff may be very necessary. She’s spotted something questionable. Do you know of anyone who would be following or watching you?”

“Wow! You guys are good. It’s Gerard… SHIT! Why did I tell you that? I shouldn’t have told you that!”

I looked at our still-joined hands and wondered if I was discovering something else that Harrison hadn’t tested. The steady, swirling breeze should have done a good job of dissipating my scent, but Shannon and I had been holding hands… Was she somehow following my commands from just that contact?

“Well, it’s out now,” Shannon continued. “If it’s a man in a De Havilland, then it’s Gerard. He’s our chef. I didn’t show Grammy your note, but I told her about it. She insisted that Gerard bring me and keep an eye on me. She’s worried that you may be a danger to me.”

I thought for a moment, trying to find a way to communicate this to Ashley that would seem innocent to anyone listening but would still get the message across. I unmuted the mobile.

“Maybe it’s not litter,” I said. “If it looks like something expensive, maybe it belongs to someone.”

There was a pause while Ashley thought about what I’d just said.

“It does look expensive,” she said. She’d figured it out. A De Havilland was definitely an expensive vehicle.

“I wouldn’t worry about it, then. Come on down. There’s someone I want you to meet.”

“OK, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” I disconnected and put the mobile back in my pocket. I knew that Ashley and Shelby would be looking for other signs that someone might be watching us as they made their way back to the beach.

“That was Ashley,” I told Shannon. “She’s the one who came up with the idea to slip a note in the pizza box. You’ll get to meet her in a few minutes.

“So is Gerard listening in on us, or just watching?”

“He’s watching,” she said. “If I need him, I can signal him on my mobile.” I looked down to our joined hands and had an idea.

“Shannon, if I were to ask you to throw your mobile out into the ocean, what would you do?” She thought for a moment and then looked a bit surprised.

“I think I’d do it. Why would I do that, Ben?”

“Relax, I’m not going to ask you to throw your mobile anywhere. I’ll explain it all when the girls get here.”

“Girls?”

“Ashley and Shelby have been watching out for us. They’ll be back in a couple of minutes.” I hoped that they’d return quickly and that their presence would soothe a little of the pain I was feeling. Shannon and I walked back up the beach toward my towel. It only took a minute or two for the girls to arrive. They both looked concerned when they saw me. My feelings must have been showing on my face.

“Are you alright, Benjamin?” I nodded at Shelby, feeling a little embarrassed. Ashley didn’t ask, she just stepped quickly to me and hugged me, turning her head to rest it on my chest. We clung to each other as if nothing else mattered. She lifted her head and spoke quietly to me.

“We need to get this all worked out soon, Ben, because it’s getting harder and harder to fight falling in love with you.”

I looked at her, surprised, questioning. She just nodded and laid her head back on my chest.

“We need to talk, Ashley,” I whispered in her ear. She nodded and then released her grip on me and stepped back. She turned to the auburn haired beauty who’d been watching my embarrassing emotional display and extended her hand.

“Hello, I’m Ashley Blanchard.”

“Hi Ashley, I’m Shannon Kallenburg.” They shook hands.

“Nice to meet you, Shannon. This is Shelby.” The two tall girls shook hands.

“Um, Shannon? There’s a guy in an expensive roadable who was watching you and probably still is.”

“Yeah, I know, Ashley. That’s Gerard. He’s kinda my bodyguard today, at my grandmother’s insistence.”

“Do you need to let Gerard know that everything’s OK?” I asked. “If you do, I think you should avoid using our names over your mobile.” She gave me a look of curiosity.

“No, Ben, it’s fine. He’ll just watch unless it looks like I’m in trouble or I call for help. If that happens, he’ll call the police. I don’t think he’d try to physically intervene; he’s a chef, not a real bodyguard. Why the secrecy, though?”

I carried the towels down a little closer to the voice-obscuring surf and arranged them so that we could all sit.

“It’s a long story. Maybe we can skip some of it, though. You researched me before you contacted me, right?” She nodded.

“OK, what do you know about me?”

“Let’s see… Benjamin Abraham Lincoln; born 51 years ago but your biological age is 31 due to being in a time bubble for 20 years; four earned and seven honorary PhD’s; IQ estimated at well over 180; creator of the time bubble and several other impressive inventions; currently 34th richest person in the world…”

“39th,” I corrected.

“34th as of noon Eastern time today,” she said.

“What happened?”

“With the news yesterday, the stock of Future Hope nosedived. Lund, Fredriksen, and Haarkonen each lost a ton of net worth. They each dropped over twenty positions on the list, which moved you up. Oh, and HGT shares jumped way up on the news, which bumped your estimated net worth up by about a billion and a half. Overall, you moved up five positions.”

“What was the news?” I asked.

“Late yesterday it was announced that there are confirmed pregnancies in over 100 women around the world, including all continents except Antarctica. The Time Bubble men have proven that they’re really able to make babies.”

I remembered Lauren Steiner mentioning that there had been advances made in early detection of pregnancy as the pregnancy rate had been dropping. I could see where the frozen embryo company’s stock would have tanked with the news that the embryos probably wouldn’t be needed, but why would HGT shares have gone up so much? Was it simply because Clifford Harrison was associated with the men who were going to save humanity from extinction?

I took out my mobile and checked the information. Shannon was correct. More interesting to me was the fact that Clifford Harrison’s estimated net worth had jumped by over 500 billion dollars as a result of him selling all of his shares in Future Hope at their peak and investing in highly leveraged HGT stock call options just before the price jumped.

“I guess I’m 34th, then. Please go on.”

The only other significant information Shannon had about me was the fact that I’d never been married, but I’d been engaged to Pamela McGuire before I’d ended up in the time bubble. She spoke her mother’s name as if she was spitting out something vile.

“Thanks Shannon, that will save a lot of time. Before I start, I need to know if you’re OK with keeping what I’m going to tell you to yourself, and not even telling your father or grandmother about it?”

“Um, sure Ben. Why?” I reached over and took her hand.

“Some of the things I’m going to tell you have at least a small chance of putting a few people in danger if they get out, so you need to keep them between us, OK?” It was a command, and earlier when we were holding hands she’d answered my questions when she hadn’t meant to. I hoped that she’d keep things to herself.

“OK.”

I filled in the parts that she didn’t know about. I told her what had really happened in Morocco, what really caused the sterilization epidemic, and who was behind it all. I detailed the effects of the nano-protein on both genders, including the differences between what Harrison had claimed and what I’d experienced. I explained about my suspicions that my communication was being monitored and that others might also be, including her. I shared my ideas about what Pamela might be up to.

“Wow,” said Shannon when I’d finished. “You know, that all makes sense. I’ll even bet you’re right about her hooking up with Clifford Harrison. The greedy bitch would never be happy with a real-estate developer worth two billion when there’s a guy worth a thousand times that much running around. Grammy will nail her whore ass to the wall if she’s been screwing around while she’s still married. There’s not going to be any divorce until Daddy is able to at least get out of bed.”

I asked if her father was alright. He wasn’t. From Shannon’s description, it sounded like he was in the middle of an emotional breakdown. He spent all his time in bed.

“If you don’t mind me asking, Ben, why are you still in San Diego? I mean, you sound like you want to be off somewhere trying to find out what Clifford Harrison is up to?”

“I think we’re part of the reason he’s still here,” said Ashley. “We’re going to have his babies.”

That led to an explanation about the girls, the apartment complex, and my plans regarding both.

“I may be able to help with the construction project,” Shannon said as Shelby’s mobile chirped. Shelby got up and walked a few yards away to answer it.

“How so?” I asked.

“The apartment buildings sound like something Kallco makes. That’s one of my grandmother’s companies. If they’re not Kallco, they should be because we make the best.” I smiled at her pride in her family’s products. Shelby stepped closer, still holding her mobile.

“Benjamin? It’s Janet. She says she has the day off and she can meet you any time.” I thought for a moment.

“Can she meet us here in La Jolla?” Shelby unmuted her mobile and spoke into it. Glancing at me, she nodded.

“OK, have her meet us…” I looked to Ashley for help.

“The seal beach?” Ashley suggested.

“Have her meet us at the seal beach. Does she know where that is?” Shelby asked Janet.

“She says she can be at the seal beach in an hour, Benjamin.”

“Great. That’ll work.” Shelby relayed the message, then came back to join us on the towels.

“Where were we?” I asked.

“I was selling you apartment units,” Shannon said with a smile.

“So you were. I’m actually interested, but that’ll have to wait for another time. I may have someone named Gina contact you about it. Is that OK?” Shannon nodded.

“Thank you. I think that having Gina talk to you about it is best. It sounds like your father isn’t in any shape to talk about business right now.” The mention of her father brought a mixture of concern, sadness, and anger to Shannon’s face, but she nodded again.

The four of us sat for nearly an hour, discussing possible courses of action, making plans, and trying to find ways to get around any electronic or physical surveillance Harrison might have on us. Finally we stood and brushed the sand off ourselves.

“I have to go. Daddy needs me.”

“I understand completely, Shannon.” I stepped toward her and instead of shaking her hand, I gave her a hug.

“I’m glad you understand that you have to keep all of this just between us and not tell anyone else about it,” I said as I released her. She nodded in agreement, then gave Ashley and Shelby each a quick hug before she turned and walked back the way she’d come.

I sighed heavily.

“You did it to keep her safe, Benjamin.” Always perceptive, the dark girl sensed my feelings of guilt.

“I know, Shelby, but it still feels like I screwed with her free will without her permission.”

“She knew Ben,” said Ashley. “You explained about what happens when women are in close contact with you. She knew.”

I sighed again.

“OK, where are we meeting Janet?”

“The seal beach is in the direction that Shannon went, but I think we should go up the stairs to the south instead, then walk north once we’re up by the roadway.”

“Good idea, Ashley.” We gathered our gear and walked toward the south stairs.

“Shannon is a very hurt and very angry girl,” said Shelby. I nodded in agreement.

That made two of us who were very hurt and very angry.