The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Betrayed Downstream

by The Lycanthrope

Chapter 21 — A Test From The Angels

Mission Valley, California

The Saab had barely pulled away from Janet’s apartment building when I suddenly had a busty blond straddling my lap and a passionate tongue invading my mouth.

“As I remember,” Cheryl said when she came up for air, “you said you needed to thank me for coming to breakfast, and I need to thank you for getting a roadable for me to use. Like the man said, I think we can kill two birds with one stone here.”

She sat up and pulled her sundress up and off over her head, leaving her naked except for her heeled sandals. She tapped the console and my seat began reclining backward.

“Cheryl! We haven’t even lifted yet! Anyone can see in through the windows!”

“Mmmm,” was her only response, then she began undoing my pants. I fumbled for the console and somehow managed to get the windows switched to blackout before she yanked my pants down and freed my cock. Regardless of her exhibitionist tendencies, I was still fairly modest.

“Oooh, YUM!” She slid down my legs and made sure I saw her slowly licking her lips before she lowered her head to my lap and began sucking me hard and fast. She only treated me to a couple of minutes of being in her mouth before she lifted her head up.

“Still yummy. Thank you for making it so I can do this with all of my heart, Ben.”

She locked eyes with me and licked slowly up the underside of my shaft, making me groan, then slid back up to straddle me.

“Can you make me the way I was when we did it before, Ben? I want it to always be like that.”

“Wasn’t it too much for you, Cheryl? I thought you were hurting afterward.”

“I don’t care, Ben. I want everything we can have together. Please?”

“Um, how about we try it this way—Cheryl, my cock is now the most perfect cock you’ve ever experienced. It sexually completes you in every way. It makes you feel all of the pleasure, intimacy, arousal, desire, and ecstasy that YOU have always dreamed of. It gives you all that YOU have ever wanted sexually, and it always fulfills your every sexual need of any moment.”

I hoped that phrasing things that way would give her some control over what she felt and not overwhelm her like the first time had. Cheryl didn’t seem to care about the consequences. She dragged her hard nipples up across my chest, then slowly slid herself down onto my cock.

“Oooooh,” she moaned, pushing herself upright to get me as far inside her as possible.

“Fuck yeah, that’s deep! I think you’re hitting my lungs, Ben. It’s so, SO good!”

Cheryl’s firm breasts bounced enticingly as she began rocking her pelvis back and forth, so I took one in each hand and began kneading them and rolling her nipples between my fingers. It didn’t take long before her head snapped back and she had one of her clenching, shuddering full body orgasms. Seconds later she collapsed down onto my chest. She drew in a deep breath.

“Please…” she hissed through clenched teeth, then her hips began thrusting again, seeking a second orgasm. It didn’t take her long to reach it. She gripped tightly onto my arms, shuddering and quaking while she clenched my cock tightly inside her. I stroked her back as she came down from her high.

“Can you survive another one of those, hon?”

She nodded, her head still lying on my chest. I slid my hands down, gripped her hips, pulled her tight against me, and began thrusting deeply inside her.

“Oh that’s so good, Ben. Fuck me like that. Come in me, Ben. Fill me with your hot come. So good. So…”

Her orgasm silenced her and she began quivering and clenching again, pushing me over the edge. I pumped jet after jet into her, doing my best to fulfill her request. We lay together for awhile, trying to catch our breath.

It took a minute or two before I realized that the Saab had grounded and was no longer moving. I glanced out the side window and saw a shiny red Jupiter sedan parked two spots away from us. We were in front of Cheryl’s apartment.

“Hon? We’re home and there’s a roadable waiting for you.”

“Unh, unh,” Cheryl said, shaking her head. “I want to stay like this. I want to stay like this forever.” She lifted her head off my chest and looked at me.

“This is special, Ben, and I never want it to end. You make me feel special and you are special to me.”

“You are special to me, too, Cheryl. Very special.” She laid her head back down on my chest and sighed.

“But we have to put our clothes back on and get out, right?”

“Right, hon. I’m sorry. I’d like to stay like this, too.”

She slid up and kissed me, letting my softening cock slip out of her. She pouted for a moment, then a naughty smile spread across her face. She lifted herself off me, then slid down between my legs and made an erotic show of licking and sucking my cock, her eyes locked on mine the whole time. After getting me back to full hardness, she gave me a final, deep suck, then carefully pulled my underwear back up to cover it.

“I just wanted to make a good impression on my new landlord so he won’t raise my rent,” she said, unsuccessfully trying to fake a look of innocence. I laughed.

“Hon, you ALWAYS make a good impression.”

It hadn’t quite registered on me that I was now her landlord. The real-estate lawyer from Meyer, Paulson, and Franck had called while we were leaving Coronado and had explained the terms he’d worked out with the consortium that owned the apartment complex. Everything had been acceptable, so one biometric scan had authorized the movement of millions of dollars from my account to the consortium’s escrow account and a second scan had paid the State of California’s various real-estate transfer fees and taxes. Technically I now owned the complex, though I had three days to change my mind and cancel the deal, if I wanted. I knew that wasn’t going to happen.

I retrieved Cheryl’s sundress and handed it to her, then worked my way back into my pants. The busty little blond climbed over to her original seat and shimmied back into the dress. I checked to make sure that we were both presentable, then tapped the console to adjust my seat back to the normal driving position and cancel the blackout tinting on the windows.

We walked over to the six-passenger Jupiter. It was physically a bit larger than my Saab, though not as large as the Ford-Grumman roadable Ashley had selected. It was also quite a bit faster than the Ford-Grumman, topping out at 370 kilometers an hour. The cherry red color definitely fit Cheryl’s personality.

In short order I’d set up a new full-access operator authorization for Cheryl on the Jupiter. She passed on the opportunity to take it out for a spin, though, saying that she was tired and she wanted to go upstairs and get some sleep. She made it quite clear that I was welcome to join her in her bed for as long as I wanted. I told her that her offer was very tempting, but I needed to go talk to Gina about the future of the apartment complex. Cheryl said she understood, then she pulled me down for a scorching kiss.

“Feel free to join me when you’re done. Don’t worry about waking me up; I’m sure we can find some way to relax me back to sleep.” She strutted away from me on her heels. When she reached the stairs, she didn’t even bother to look back to see if anyone else was watching, she just flipped the back of the dress up and shook her bare backside at me before skipping up the stairs.

I shook my head in disbelief at her wanton display, then turned and headed toward Gina’s apartment.

“Senor Lincoln! Senor Lincoln!” I stopped and looked behind me to see Martin Alvarez hurrying toward me with a distraught look on his face.

“Hello Martin,” I said as he rushed up to me. “Is everything OK?”

“Hello Senor Lincoln. Everything is OK. Sorry to be bother you, but I must ask of you a favor.”

“What can I do for you?”

“If you around for awhile, you would be OK to visit Teresa and me at our apartment later?”

“Sure, I can stop by. What building are you in?”

“We are in building 14; apartment 15 at far end.”

“No problem. What time would you like me to stop by?”

“Is a bother for you come in an hour?” I checked the time.

“Not at all. I can be there in an hour or so, Martin.”

He thanked me with what appeared to be a look of sadness in his eyes, then hurried away. That was twice that he and I had talked and he had hurried away as if he was upset. I didn’t know what to make of it, but maybe I would find out more when I talked with him and his wife. I turned back and continued my walk to Gina’s building.

She was just coming out of her apartment as I arrived. She closed the door and turned to see me.

“Ben!”

“Hello, Beautiful.”

Her kiss started soft and loving, building quickly to deep and passionate.

“Have I told you that you are an incredible kisser, Gina?”

She blushed.

“I’m just trying to express the love and desire I feel for you.”

“Do you want to go back inside so we can both express ourselves?”

“I want to, but we can’t, Ben.”

“Why not?”

“Well, for starters Arianna is in there and by now I’m sure she’s masturbating and fantasizing about you. As you know, she’s not exactly quiet when she’s turned on. If you go in there, she’s going to rape you.”

“Seriously, Gina?”

“Oh yeah. You’re her new favorite fantasy. At least four times that I know of yesterday. At least I’m pretty quiet, so she didn’t hear me. I do have a tendency to moan your name when I’m fantasizing about you holding me down, though.”

She shuddered and sighed, hugging me again. I was stunned. Apparently the Bianchi women’s sex drives were every bit as strong as Gina had suggested and then some.

“OK, going back inside isn’t an option. Is there a vacant unit in this building? I need to at least talk to you about a few things.”

“No vacancies in Building 1, Ben. Can we talk while quickly here? I need to go meet a service technician and show him where to go.”

“Well, now that you mention it, I do need to be somewhere in an hour. It’s probably best that we keep our clothes on, tempting as you are.

“OK, here’s what’s up—For all practical purposes I am now the owner of this complex. I have three days to change my mind, but I’m not going to. Your salary is doubled, effective immediately.”

“Ben…”

“You’re going to earn it, Gina. Remember the changes I talked about for one of the buildings next to the playground?”

She nodded.

“I want to start with that immediately. That means that you’re going to need to coordinate moving people out of one of those buildings and into other buildings. I’ll bring in professional movers to do all the moving and I’ll also give the tenants who we need to move a free month’s rent for their trouble. You need to coordinate that, too. I also want you to supervise the dismantling of the building and the construction of the replacement. I’ll need you to contact Shannon Kallenburg’s grandmother about the design and purchase of the new building. She owns a company called Kallco that makes modular buildings like the ones we currently have here.”

By now Gina had pulled out her mobile and was taking notes as I talked.

“I don’t imagine that they’ve built anything like a daycare and preschool recently, so you’re going to need to work with their architects and engineers to come up with a facility worthy of our child, Gina. I’ll help on that part, too. I have a couple of ideas about what we want. I also need you to get someone in to take a look at the playground area and make sure it’s in perfect condition. If anything needs to be replaced or repaired or upgraded, you’ll need to let me know and we’ll find a contractor to do that. Oh, and remember that we need the apartments in the new building to be twice the size of the current apartments and designed to be safe for small children. And I want elevators in there so that pregnant ladies don’t need to climb stairs to get to their homes.”

“Is that all, Ben?”

“Hmm. Would you be interested in taking a few classes at a local college?”

“Sure, but I don’t know when I’d have time. What classes?”

“Business and management classes, if you’re interested. I’d like you to hire a couple of people to take over the management and maintenance work here. Your role will become something more along the lines of a business director. We’re going to have the first daycare and preschool anyone’s seen in a long time, and we may end up having kids from Dimitri Kyriakos’ girls or other women here. It’s going to be a business on this property and I need someone to manage it. If you’re not interested, I’d like you to hire someone to manage it and I’d still have you running the whole show.”

“Are you sure you don’t want me to build a submarine for you while I’m at it?”

“No, hon, I can do that if we need one.”

“Wiseguy! Yes, I’m interested, Ben. I’m definitely interested. I like managing this place and I’d love to learn how to do it better.”

“Great! If we can get all of the other things started, maybe we can get you into a class or two when the next semester starts after the holidays.”

“So,” she said, sliding her hand up across my chest, “do I still get to sleep with the boss?”

“Absolutely! Whenever we have the opportunity, Gina.”

“I wish we had the chance now, Ben, but the tech is probably already wondering where I am.”

“Another time then, hon.” I kissed her and we walked out of the building together. She was right, there was a commercial roadable sitting right outside the building with “Porter Electronics” lettered on the side and a man standing next to it. Gina went into her professional mode.

“Thank you, Mr. Lincoln. I look forward to working on those projects with you.” I nodded in response and she turned to greet the service tech. I walked back toward the Saab to retrieve my things and bring them back up to Ashley’s apartment.

* * *

Martin Alvarez’ apartment building was easy to find, since he lived in the same building as Shelby. His unit was at the far end of the first floor, just as he’d described. The service tech from Porter Electronics was just leaving Unit 15 and walking toward me with a biometric scanner panel in one hand and a toolbox in the other.

“Hi, I’m Ben Lincoln, the new owner here.”

He stopped and set down his toolbox so he could offer his hand. I shook it.

“Chris Shorter.”

“So do the Alvarezes have a working door lock now?”

“Yup. I replaced their scanner panel. This is their old one. I’m going to take it back to the shop and clean it and recalibrate it and it will be good as new.”

“What’s wrong with it?”

“It’s the new hair spray again. This is the third one I’ve had to replace this week.”

“Hair spray?”

“Yeah, the new water displacer spray that just came out.”

“What does it do to screw up the scanner?”

“It’s pretty technical, Ben.”

I smiled.

“Give me a try, Chris. I’ve been soldering electronic circuits together since I was a kid.”

“Soldering? Wow, you’re old school!”

“Yeah, I’m older than I look.”

“OK, Ben. The problem is that the scanners use a planar electrostatic panel to read your fingerprint. That was all well and good until the new water displacer spray showed up a couple of weeks ago. The original spray uses ionic molecular displacement to push the water out, and it works great. It also doesn’t bind to anything long enough to stick around; it pretty much follows the water out of the hair and down the drain.

“Now this new stuff is a lot cheaper—less than half the cost of the original. It doesn’t work as well as the original, but it’s OK. I’d say it’s probably about 80 percent as effective as the original at pushing out water. It’s getting more and more popular because of the cheap price. But where the original used ionic molecular displacement, this new cheap stuff works on electrostatic principles and it has a habit of sticking to hair, skin, clothes, and pretty much anything else, including biometric scanner panels.

“The electrostatic effect dissipates in an hour or so, but if you get it on a biometric scanner at all, you can kiss your calibration goodbye. It throws everything out of whack and your scanner will be unreliable until it’s been completely re-calibrated. And of course most women use the spray when they’re in a hurry, so they don’t have time to wash their hands thoroughly afterward. A little spray residue on a finger is all it takes to screw up most of the basic fingerprint scanners in the world.”

I remembered the long-haired Latina I’d seen briefly with Martin. I could imagine things happening exactly the way Chris had described.

“It sounds like you’re going to be a busy guy until someone comes out with a compensator circuit for the scanner panels. I’ll bet that it wouldn’t be too hard to build a compensator and then add a little code to the firmware to have the panel do a periodic blank scan and recalibrate itself on the fly.”

“If you can design something like that, Ben, you’ll be rich! I’m talking millions! The scanner makers would pay a fortune for it; maybe not today, but certainly in a few months once more and more people are using the electrostatic displacer spray and scanners are failing left and right.”

I smiled a little.

“I’ll give it some thought, Chris. Nice meeting you and thank you for fixing the scanner.”

“Gotta run, Ben. I have two more scanner repair calls to get to today.”

He picked up his toolbox and walked past me.

I continued down the corridor to Unit 15 and pushed the announce button on the newly installed panel. Martin opened the door almost immediately.

“Please Senor Lincoln, come in.”

My first impression was that these were very religious people. Crucifixes and other religious icons and framed prints hung on the walls. I was still processing this thought when Teresa Alvarez stepped out of the kitchen and all of my thoughts came to a screeching halt.

She was stunningly sexy. Her black hair cascaded in waves to below her waist and it shone like a polished piano. Her eyes were as black as her hair, with long lashes and a faintly maroon eyeshadow above them. Her lips were full, accented with shiny red lipstick with just a little pink to it. She was wearing a simple, white top that stopped a couple of inches above her exposed navel and was held away from her body by what looked to be alarmingly large breasts for her small frame. It was hard to tell, but I figured that she was an inch or so shorter than Gina—maybe 5′4″—but her polished black platform heels lifted her up closer to Janet’s 5′9″ height. A short pleated schoolgirl skirt in a red, black, and white plaid, a pair of sheer white stockings that came to just above her knees, and long nails painted to match her lips completed the picture.

She licked her lips delicately with just the tip of her pink tongue and fixed me with a look that I’d seen somewhere else recently—it was almost exactly the same look of sexual hunger that Arianna Bianchi had given me when we’d met.

To my horror, I felt myself responding almost like I’d responded to Arianna, both physically and mentally. I wanted to mate with this woman. My body was ready and my lizard-brain was screaming for me to throw her on the floor and take her. Intellectually I was ashamed at having such a reaction to her while standing right there in front of her husband in the hallway of a home where religion was obviously of great importance.

She shuddered very slightly, then appeared to compose herself.

“Hello, Mr. Lincoln. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

Her voice was breathy and very sexy, with a light Spanish accent. She looked at her husband.

“You were right, Martin. I can feel it.”

He was right about what? With great effort I shoved the insistent lizard-brain down and pulled myself together so I could talk.

“Nice to meet you also, Mrs. Alvarez.”

“Please, call me Teresa.”

“OK, Teresa. And please call me Ben.”

“Please Senor Ben, come in, come in.”

Martin’s English was much more heavily accented than his wife’s. I reminded myself over and over that she was his wife as he led me past her and into the kitchen. She followed behind us.

Martin gestured toward the kitchen table, then pulled out a chair for Teresa. I waited for her to sit before I took a chair on the opposite side of the table. Martin dragged another chair around to sit next to his beautiful wife. We looked at each other in silence for a few seconds before Martin spoke.

“You make babies, Senor Ben? You are man who make baby with Shelby?”

“Yes, Martin. If Shelby is pregnant, then I’m the father of her baby.”

He looked at Teresa and she gave him a loving, almost sad look, then nodded.

“We want you make baby with Teresa, Senor Ben.”

I was stunned. Was he asking me to have sex with his wife? I’d briefly thought that maybe there would be married women who wanted me to get them pregnant when I was adjusting to the idea that I needed to become a baby making machine, but I hadn’t really considered it in depth. Now it sounded like Martin wanted me to have sex with his wife and get her pregnant.

“Martin, I… I…”

“Please Senor Ben, there is more.”

He looked at his wife.

“Ben,” she said, “we aren’t rich with money, but we are happy with in all ways except one. For almost eight years we have been praying for the angels to show us a way to have a baby. We’ve prayed for this every day, and it’s the most important thing in the world to both of us.”

She gave Martin the loving, sad look again, then continued. I watched the sensuous movements of her lips with growing desire for a moment before I pulled my mind back on track and focused on what she was saying.

“Now the angels have sent you as both an answer to our prayers and a test for us. When Martin first met you, he thought that there was something very special about you. He thought that maybe you were one of the men who will save the world by creating the miracle of life. We have talked about this for hours and hours since he first met you, and we know what we must do.

“You were sent as an answer to our prayers, but you are also a test from the angels, Ben. We have told the angels that we will sacrifice anything we have for the chance to create a new life. Now they are testing us to see if we meant it. We’ve talked about it and we both know that we meant it.

“Like I said, Ben, we don’t have much money. Martin works for a landscaping company. I work in a receptionist call service center, answering calls for many companies. I make a dollar an hour more than most of the other girls there because I’m fluent in four languages, but that’s only forty dollars more a week. We’re not rich, but we make enough to get by OK and still donate to our church to help those less fortunate than us.

“We do not have the money to raise a baby. We have tried to find a way, but it is impossible. Even if we both could keep working, we still wouldn’t make enough to support a child. I’ll be out of work for awhile when it’s time to have the baby, and even when I go back, we can’t afford to have someone take care of the baby while we work. And besides, I want to teach my child the same love of languages that I learned when I was little.

“So the angels have sent you here to give me a baby, Ben, but they are also testing us to see if we are worthy; if we meant what we said in our prayers. We have accepted their test and we know what we must do. If you will have me, Ben, I will become your servant, your cook, your housekeeper, your… woman. It’s the only way that I can have a baby and raise it without having to live in poverty.”

She fixed me with the look of sexual hunger again. The lizard-brain was screaming for me to take her offer and keep her as my sex toy for the rest of her life. My cock was painfully hard, aching to bed her several times a day for years and years, but most importantly to screw her senseless RIGHT NOW! My intellect was losing, but I still had a little resolve left in me.

“Teresa… Martin… NO!”

“Please Senor Ben. It is what I wish, too.”

Teresa’s look shifted to abject longing for me. I wanted to take her right there on the table.

“Can… can you wait for awhile, Teresa? Can we go outside and talk Martin? Please?”

Teresa gave me a look of anguish, but she nodded. I stood and bolted for the door. I had to get away from her so I could think. What the hell was I going to do?

It took a few minutes for Martin to join me outside. I could hear Teresa sniffling just inside the door. I felt like the world’s biggest heel on so many different levels.

“Please tell her that I’m not saying that I won’t give her a baby, I just need awhile to think and to talk about things with you, Martin. It may take a little while. I’m sorry if I hurt her.”

He stuck his head back inside and relayed the message to his wife, then stepped back outside and closed the door.

“She say she will wait as long as you need, Senor Ben.”

“I’m sorry if I hurt her… or you.”

“Is OK, Senor Ben. To see from your view, is very upsetting what we have asked of you.”

Martin and I started walking, headed in no particular direction other than away from his apartment.

“Forgive me if I’m prying, Martin, but how long have you and Teresa been married?”

“Nine years. We marry when she was 21 and I was was 25.”

“And for most of that time you’ve wanted to have a baby?”

“Si—yes, Senor Ben.”

I silently cursed Harrison for depriving these people of something that was so important to them.

“As I understand it, Martin, younger people like you and Teresa don’t get married very often any more.”

“Is correct, Senor Ben, but Teresa and I, we love each other very much.”

We continued walking through the complex as we talked about the decline of marriage, the strain that not being able to reproduce put on relationships, and how people either coped or didn’t cope with the frustration that brought. Martin offered insight that only someone with experience could offer. He reminded me of my friends from so many years ago. He may not have gone to college, but he was an intelligent man.

“You and Teresa are so much in love, how can you ask me to take her away from you?”

“How can I not, Senor Ben? I cannot make a baby, but is what we both want most for her. We don’t make money enough for a baby, but is what we both want most for her. You can make babies. You have money for babies. We no want charity, so is only way for us to do what is best. You will make baby, but Teresa and I, our love is what will give her the baby. Her baby will live because of her love for me and my love for her…”

He stopped walking and studied my face for a long moment.

“…also for your caring, I think, Senor Ben. I cannot make a baby, but I give her a baby this way. The angels test us, and we make true on our word to them.”

I finally got it. Martin and Teresa had come up with a way for him to “give” her a baby by creating the only situation they could in which she could have a baby. No matter who got her pregnant, Martin’s love would be what facilitated the pregnancy. They would be apart, but they would have created a baby through their loving actions, and that was what was important to both of them. The level of dedication, sacrifice, and love that they put into coming up with their solution astounded me.

“You are a very wise man, Martin. I understand what you and Teresa are doing and why.”

“Is only way to do what is right, Senor Ben.”

“Please, just ‘Ben,’ Martin. I consider you my friend.”

“Thank you… Ben. You are also my friend.”

I looked around and saw that we were near the playground. I started walking that way, with Martin at my side. I remembered Shelby’s mention of using every ability available a couple of days earlier, which had led to me having a sit-down with the girls at Ashley’s apartment and explaining everything to them. Martin and Teresa had looked at their situation and what was available to them, and they had created an elegant solution to their problem. It would require an enduring painful sacrifice from both of them, but it did look like the best way for them to achieve their goal, given the situation.

Martin and Teresa had one set of resources and abilities available to them. Martin and Teresa and Ben had a different set of resources and abilities. If the three of us were going to be the ones who created the baby, then it seemed reasonable that all three of us should contribute. I felt sure that there was a way that we could come up with a different solution that would leave them in a happier situation and still not insult their pride by offering them charity. I didn’t know quite how that would work yet, but I figured that I’d let it develop in it’s own time, rather than trying to force the idea.

“Children will play on this playground again, Martin. Hopefully lots of children.”

I indicated the two adjacent buildings.

“One of these buildings will be removed and replaced with a new building. It will have larger apartments that will be better for raising children. Half of the first floor will be a daycare and preschool. There will be elevators so that pregnant women don’t need to climb stairs and women with small children don’t need to carry them up the stairs.”

“The owners, they do this?”

“Ah… right… Um, as of a few hours ago, I’m the owner, so I can definitely say that the owner will do it.”

He regarded me silently for a minute, then pointed to the building to the left.

“That building would be good, Ben.”

“Why that one?”

“The trees. They give shade on the end of building and part of playground. In summer is very hot and little ones will need shade.”

I looked and tried to visualize where the shadows would fall when the sun was higher in the sky during summertime. He was correct.

“Good call, Martin. That’s the one, then. I’ll have to let Gina know.”

“Should replace grass, too. This is good for save water, but is rough for the skin of children. Other grasses are better for making soft play place.”

He named a couple of varieties of grass and gave me the idea that I’d been hoping would come to me.

“Martin, I’d like to go get Gina, if she’s available, and then go for a drive with the two of you. Would that be OK with you?”

He agreed, and we walked toward Building 1. When we got near the Saab, I asked him if he’d wait for me there while I got Gina. I unlocked the roadable and let him in to look around, then pulled out my mobile and called Gina as I walked toward her apartment. I didn’t want to chance running into Arianna, so having Gina meet me in the corridor seemed like the best plan.

I explained my idea to Gina and got her feedback as we walked back to the Saab. She was surprised when I told her that she would be the one running the show for the next hour or so.

“You’re the director of this place, hon. It’s your job now.”

“You weren’t kidding about getting things going ASAP, were you?”

I smiled and opened her door, then helped her into the roadable. She and Martin greeted each other as I walked around to the other side and got in.

“Martin, I’d like to show Gina some of your work. Where can we go to see the landscaping projects you’ve worked on?”

He gave me an address, which I entered into the comm/nav system. As the vehicle was navigating it’s way there, we talked about Martin’s recommendations for which building to use for the daycare and how we should change some of the landscaping around it to make it more appropriate as a play area for children. Gina listened attentively and asked intelligent questions about whether the dismantling of the existing building and construction of the new one could be done without disturbing the trees that provided shade on that end of the playground.

The first project Martin showed us was an upscale private home on a hill in La Mesa. The owner had contracted Martin’s employer almost a year earlier, asking them to rip out his old landscaping and completely replace it with a new design. As we walked up and down the sidewalk in front of the property, Martin pointed out several areas and described what had been there before and the reasons it hadn’t worked well. He explained why the various trees, shrubs, flowers, and grasses had been selected for aesthetics, suitability for the soil and location, and environmental concerns like water consumption. There were sections that Martin referred to as “hardscape” where stone, tiles, and even a waterfall had been installed, rather than plants. He explained why these things had been used the way they had, and often pointed out how people would affected by the landscaping.

Next he directed us to a large shopping mall in Mission Valley to show us the project his employer was just starting. The mall owners, he told us, had built a large multi-level parking facility off-site. Roadables could park themselves there automatically and return to the mall when their owners signaled them via mobile. This freed up some of the space around the mall that was currently being used for parking, and the mall owners wanted large areas of the asphalt torn up and replaced with more aesthetic and environmentally friendly park-like spaces. I drove around the mall and Martin pointed out the areas that would be torn up and landscaped. He explained what he knew of the overall plan and added his ideas about how he thought things should be done when he didn’t know the details of his employer’s plan.

There were bulldozers and other heavy equipment sitting in a remote section of the parking lot. Martin said that they would start tearing up the first area of asphalt the next day. It would take a few days to do that, then the landscaping on that area would begin. The mall owners wanted one area completed first, so their patrons could see what the end result of the construction work would be. After they’d asked that the same method be used for each of the remaining areas. Martin said that it would take longer and cost more that way than it would to have the landscapers installing in one area while the heavy equipment was tearing up the next area ahead of them, but he understood why the mall owners wanted it done that way. Overall, he estimated that the whole project would last at least two months.

I parked the Saab near one of the mall entrances and turned to look at Gina and Martin.

“Do you have any questions for Martin?”

“What exactly will you be doing on this project, Martin?” Gina asked.

“I am a man who is qualified to run bulldozer, so I do that during demolition. Everything is planned already, so for installation I will be a simple laborer. I will dig holes, move loam, install plants and grass, rake, whatever boss needs.”

Gina thanked him and then looked at me expectantly.

“You’re the boss here, Gina,” I told her. She looked a bit nervous, but she drew in a deep breath and settled herself.

“Martin, we currently contract an outside company for our lawn mowing and other landscape maintenance. With all of the construction work Ben is planning and your suggestions about other changes to the landscape, I think we need someone to oversee the landscaping for the whole apartment complex.

“I don’t know anything about landscaping, but I can see that you are very knowledgable and you do good work. I’d like to offer that job to you, if you’re interested. We can offer you…”

She looked at me.

“As the director, what do you feel it’s worth to the operation to have Martin doing that job for you?”

“Ben…”

“I trust you, Gina. Think it through and give the man your offer.”

She drew in another deep breath, then thought for a few moments before naming a figure. Martin’s eyes widened in surprise. Gina looked to me for support.

“I think her offer is fair, Martin. It’s a big place, so I’d expect that you’d need help. To start we’d have you contract people do help with the mowing and whatever other big jobs need doing. If it ends up making sense to hire more people full-time, then you’d be their supervisor.”

“But Senor Ben, is much more than I make now…”

“And it’s more responsibility and work than you’re doing now. You will be responsible for designing the landscaping for the daycare. We may eventually want to update the whole complex, and the design work for that will be your job, too. You’ll need to work with Gina to come up with a budget for landscaping and maintenance. It’s bigger pay for a bigger job, and I think that it’s a job you can do.”

“Senor Ben…”

“Martin.” He stopped and looked at me.

“Are we still friends?” I smiled. He got it.

“I am sorry, Ben. Yes, we are friends. You offer me so much; I do not want take advantage of my friend.”

“Didn’t you offer me something far, far more precious just a little while ago, and expect nothing in return? If anyone is taking advantage of our friendship, Martin, it’s me.”

“You do not take advantage Ben. You are a good man. You treat me more like brother than friend.”

“Well, mi hermano, it was Gina who made you the offer, not me. I think it’s a good deal for both of you.”

“But I cannot do it.”

“Why not, Martin?” Gina asked.

“My boss count on me to help on this job. It would not be right to leave after tell him that I can work for whole job.”

“Two months, Martin?”

“Si… yes Ben. Maybe little more.”

“It’s going to take time to get the new building designed and fabricated. It’s going to take time to get people moved out of the old building and into other units. All of that has to happen before we’re ready to disassemble the old building and put in the new one.

“I’d expect that it would take at least several weeks of working with architects and engineers before we have a good design for the building. Nobody’s built a daycare or preschool in quite awhile. I think that two or three months is about how long it will take before any construction work happens. You can finish out this job for your current employer and then start working for Gina, if you want. You may need to put in some extra hours here and there during the next two months to get some things headed in the right direction with the landscaping at the apartment, but we’ll definitely pay you for it. And fortunately we have nine months before babies start arriving, so you should have time to finish everything.”

Martin thought for a minute. I imagined that he was going over the things he’d want to do to prepare for the construction at the apartment and working out whether or not he could do them while still working full-time on the mall project. He came to a decision.

“Yes, Gina, I accept job.”

“Great, Martin, I’m so glad! You know about so many things that I don’t. I didn’t even think of how rough the lawn would be on my baby.”

Martin gave her a surprised look, then turned to look at me before looking back at Gina.

“You will have baby?”

“Yes. One of the children who will play on your soft new lawn will be mine and Ben’s.”

“The angels have blessed you, Gina.”

“Yes, they have.”

I was glad to have Martin onboard, too, but I was also thinking about Teresa waiting back at the apartment. I wanted to do one more thing while we were at the mall.

* * *

I pulled two cans of the ionic water displacer spray out of the case and gave them to Gina when we dropped her off at her apartment. The salesgirl had gaped when I’d asked for a full case of two dozen cans. It cost several hundred dollars. I could see why there was a market for the cheaper knock-off that fouled biometric scanners. I’d explained the scanner problem to Gina while we were at the mall.

The door closed and I headed the Saab toward the building that would be replaced by the new apartments and the daycare/preschool. Martin had called ahead and asked Teresa to meet us there. She was standing next to the playground swings, still looking every bit the erotic schoolgirl.

Martin explained my plans for the building and the playground to her in rapid Spanish while I waited a respectable distance away. My sexual attraction to her was still as strong as it had been earlier.

I overheard him referring to me as his friend and his brother while telling her about his new job at the complex. It had been far too long since I’d had a friend like Martin. My adult life had been filled with “friends” who were either work associates with nothing else in common with me, or people who wanted to know me because they thought I could somehow improve their lives. No matter what else happened, I was very happy to have found a friend who dealt with the world honestly, said what he meant, and meant what he said.

Martin and Teresa finished talking and turned toward me. I tamped down my desire for Teresa and walked over to them.

“You’re a good man for giving Martin this opportunity, Ben. Thank you so much.”

“Martin is a good man and he created this opportunity himself. As soon as I told him what I want to do here, he started giving me recommendations about things I hadn’t even thought of. It was clear that someone needs to do these things, and he seemed like the perfect person for the job. All I did was have Gina interview him and see if she wanted to hire him.”

“I need to thank Gina, too,” she said. “But even with the new job, Martin cannot support both of us and a baby while I’m out of work, and I don’t think that we’d have enough money to pay for daycare and all of the expenses of a child when I went back to work. And I want to raise my own child as much as possible, rather than relying on others to do that. I thank you from the bottom of my heart, Ben, but the situation is still the same.”

Teresa was shifting her weight from one foot to the other, alternately crossing her knees in front of each other. It was sexy as hell, and the looks of hope mixed with wanton desire she kept giving me were getting very distracting.

“Please hear me out, Teresa.”

She agreed.

“You said that you want to share your love of languages with your baby, right?”

Teresa nodded.

“Does that extend only to your baby, or do you like sharing with others, too?”

“I think that languages are communication, but they are so much more, too. A language has a beauty and music all it’s own. It lives and breathes the culture of the people who speak it natively. I want to share that with everyone who will listen and appreciate it.”

“I agree with you, Teresa, and I want all of my children to grow up with the appreciation of different languages and as much fluency in multiple languages as they want to have and are capable of having. I’d like to have them start learning these things as early as possible. Children acquire languages naturally when they are young, and I think that it’s never too early to start teaching them multiple languages.”

Teresa smiled and nodded her agreement.

“So I’m going to need a teacher, Teresa. I’m going to need someone to help my children appreciate the languages and cultures of other people, starting from their earliest years. And if that teacher happens to have her own child who attends the daycare and preschool where she teaches, then I think that’s wonderful because she can help her child grow and learn while she’s helping the other children grow and learn. Would you like to be that teacher?”

She stopped her sexy fidgeting and looked at me open-mouthed. Her full lips looked delectable, but I did my best to push those thoughts aside.

“You want me to be a teacher?”

“No, I want you to be whatever you want to be. I just see a need for a language and culture teacher and I think you would be very good at it, if you want the job. And it would pay more and probably be more rewarding than being a beautiful receptionist on a vid screen, though I’m sure you’re very good at that. And it would give you the opportunity to be there to raise your child. And I’d insist that the children of the teachers and other employees at the daycare and preschool would be allowed to attend at no charge, as part of the benefits of being an employee. Of course I’d also expect that you would move into one of the new apartments so that you’d have room for your family—the rent would be the same, after all.”

“I… I don’t know what to say, Ben. You’re offering me so much.”

She turned and hugged Martin with joy, then suddenly pulled away from him.

“But… the test. The angels have sent us a test to see if we are worthy and we must pass their test.”

Martin shared a solemn look with her and nodded in agreement. I thought for a few moments. Their faith was very important to them, and I needed to respect that. I tried to look at things from their viewpoint and I thought I saw an answer.

“Martin, Teresa, maybe the test wasn’t only for you.”

They gave me questioning looks.

“You passed the test when you offered to sacrifice your love for each other so that Teresa could go with me and raise a child. Are you still willing to do that?”

“Yes,” they said in unison.

“Then I think you passed the test. You meant what you said and you will do it if the situation requires. But maybe I was being tested, too. Maybe I needed to prove that I’m worthy of being the father of your child, Teresa. You’re a beautiful, wonderful lady, and any man would spend a lifetime’s worth of luck to have you offer to be his. But you have someone who loves you with his entire being, and you love him back just as strongly. How could a good man tear that apart? Do you think that maybe I am being tested to see if I can find a way to give you the baby that you’re willing to sacrifice everything for, but also to do that without tearing apart your loving marriage?”

They stood in stunned silence for a minute. Teresa spoke first.

“Martin was right to call you his brother. You share the same wisdom. You are a wonderful, wonderful man Ben.”

“Thank you, mi hermano.” Martin had tears in his eyes.

“My brother, I would be honored to give you and your wife the baby you’ve been wanting for so long—a baby that will be created only because the love both of you have for each other made it possible.”

Martin hugged me tightly, then shared an embrace with his wife. He stepped back.

“I go to the library and learn more about children and playgrounds. My blessing is with you both.”

He turned and walked toward the entrance to the complex, where the San-Trans stop was.

* * *

Teresa was in no mind to wait. She dropped the three cans of hair spray I’d given her as soon as we entered her apartment and launched herself at me before the door had even latched shut. Her kiss was wild and passionate, and I returned it in kind. She broke it after a minute and grabbed my hand. We practically ran to the bedroom.

My need for her was immediate and overwhelming. Neither of us made any pretense of romance. Teresa stood at the side of the bed and bent forward, her legs spread apart on those towering heels. She placed one hand on the bed, then used the other to toss her long hair forward over her shoulder. She flipped her short skirt up onto her back and pulled her white thong to the side to reveal her clean-shaved, swollen lips. I stepped behind her, yanked my pants and underwear to my knees, grabbed her hips, and drove my rigid cock deep inside her.

A fleeting worry about her binding to me passed through my mind, but rational thought wasn’t going to win at that point. Her heat was incredible, and I pounded my cock into her wetness. She reached back and grabbed my shirt, as if to pull me deeper into her. I thrust deep, hard, and fast. It wasn’t long before I felt like my cock was expanding to gigantic proportions within her. I roared out my climax, feeling like I ruled the universe as I shot deep into her over and over.

Teresa pushed herself back against me, until I finished, then pulled off and spun around. She crouched down and engulfed my cock in a flurry of hands, hair, lips, tongue, and throat. She wanted me again, but she needn’t have worried. My cock was still hard and it felt like it would stay hard forever.

I took my shirt off, then reached down and pulled Teresa back up so that I could kiss her. When we broke the kiss, she yanked her top off over her head, letting her large breasts tumble free. While I removed the rest of my clothes, her skirt and thong disappeared, leaving me naked and her in just her heels and sheer white stockings that came to just above her knee. I laid down atop the bed and she climbed up and straddled me, sinking herself deep onto my cock again.

Samba, Tango, Salsa, and the many other Latin dances are the most sexual of all dances. Teresa eclipsed them all with the rhythmic, sinuous dance she performed on my cock. Her body flexed and undulated as her hips sensually rotated in ever-changing patterns. I kept up a slow, steady thrusting that matched the tempo of her movements and reveled in the sights and feelings she was sharing with me.

As Teresa’s arousal increased, so did the tempo of her movements. Her breasts bounced and slapped as she sped up. I mauled them with my hands for a few seconds before she dropped down to kiss me feverishly and press her breasts against me. Her upper body was tight against me as her hips started bouncing up and down faster and faster. I couldn’t keep pace with her, so I just thrust myself upward so that she could jackhammer herself onto my cock as deeply as possible. She came, screaming into my mouth, then went back to her rabbit-fucking, pounding just her hips up and down. She came again, and I joined her.

After a few moments to catch her breath, she pushed herself back upright and arched her back to get me deeper into her. Her long ebony tresses fell down her back and brushed against my crotch. I was still hard inside her as she resumed her sex dancing atop my cock.

An hour later we lay side-by-side on the bed. Teresa was snuggled up against me, her long red fingernails lightly brushing aimless patterns on my chest. I had come four times and I’d lost track of how many times she’d orgasmed.

“How do you feel, Teresa?”

She stretched and snuggled in closer.

“I feel wonderful, Ben. I feel loved and very much in love.”

Worried, I turned my head to look at her.

“Yes, Ben, I love you, and I feel love from you. But I still love Martin just as much as I always have—more, even. You’re the father of my baby and I will always love you and I will always be yours. Martin is my husband and I will always love him and always be his. I didn’t think it was possible, Ben, but you found a way to make things perfect. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, Teresa, but I didn’t do it alone. You are a special lady and only a special lady like you could feel like you do. And Martin—Martin is really the one who made everything possible. He’s an extraordinary man.”

“Yes, he is. And so are you.”

I kissed her and we lay silent for a few minutes, enjoying the feeling of our bodies touching.

“Ben?”

“Yes, Teresa?”

“Can you make love to me again?”

As it turned out, I could. I rolled on top and slowly pushed myself inside her. After a few long, slow strokes she wrapped her legs around me and urged me faster with her spike heels. No matter how we started, it would always end with wild passion for us.

* * *

I walked toward the front of the complex and mulled over a confusing mix of feelings. I was elated that Teresa and I were going to have a baby. I felt a close brotherhood with Martin. I knew that I loved Teresa as I loved my concubines. I was happy that she and Martin would still be together and their loving marriage would stay intact. But overshadowing all of that was a feeling that bordered on horror.

The girl had basically offered herself to me as a sex slave, and I’d desperately wanted to accept her offer. I knew that I’d come within a heartbeat of doing exactly that, and that scared the hell out of me. It went against everything I believed.

Once again, though, I’d dodged a bullet. First it was Arianna, and now Teresa. I didn’t know why they’d aroused such animal desires in me —such a need to possess them, but I needed to figure it out.

I needed to figure that out, I needed to find out what Harrison was up to, I needed to work out my complex relationship with several amazing women, I needed to do a lot of things. One thing was clear to me, though:

I needed to leave California.