The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Betrayed Downstream

by The Lycanthrope

Chapter 26 — Capital Surprises

Lansing, Michigan

Do nothing which is of no use.

My muse for military advice had switched to the great Japanese swordsman and strategist Miyamoto Musashi.

Based on my talks with Julie, I’d come to Lansing (a high-speed drive in the SL580, up I-75 to Flint, then across I-69) hoping to do a few things which would be of great use. What I didn’t expect was to find shocking information that brought more questions than answers, but looked to possibly be the most useful benefit of my trip.

I wasn’t shocked that Ellen Searles described her 23-year marriage as now being between “comfortable, but passionless friends,” or when she said that she had an arrangement with her husband to allow her to have a baby—I’d already seen something like that with Martin and Teresa Alvarez.

I wasn’t shocked that she was very vocal in bed, urging me to go faster and harder, screaming out her orgasms, and sharing at length during cuddling afterward—Ellen was a woman who expressed her thoughts and opinions all the time. Arrangement or not, I was glad that her husband was on a hunting trip to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, rather than down the hall where he would certainly have heard her.

I wasn’t even shocked when we bonded romantically through what I’d come to think of as the “concubine effect,” for lack of a better term —She and I found each other intellectually, physically, emotionally, and sexually stimulating and compatible.

What shocked me was that The Honorable Ellen Searles, Governor of the State of Michigan, bonded to me even though she had previously been sexually bonded to Clifford Harrison.

I’d expected to find that Harrison had sexually bonded her, and I’d been right. I went through old news reports before I left for Lansing, and found photos of a public appearance by Governor Searles with Clifford Harrison standing next to her. The appearance had been during the extra month that Harrison had frozen us in the Moroccan desert.

Julie had told me that getting clearance to monitor communications and movements would require a warrant from a federal judge and approval from the state where the monitoring would take place. We had no idea who the federal judge would be, but Governor Searles seemed like the most likely person to have approved it at the state level.

Our hunch was right, and now I was lying in bed with Ellen Searles, giving her a short version of what had gone on over the past twenty real-time years in my life.

“Are you sure that he was monitoring you when you were in California, Ben?”

“I don’t have actual proof, Ellen, but things did happen that make it seem likely. And he’s been almost certainly been monitoring other people in other states and even other countries.”

“That’s not what we authorized. He said that he wanted to make sure that you were kept safe because you’re the only one who knows how the time bubbles work. He was given authorization to monitor only you, and only while you’re in Michigan. My authority doesn’t extend beyond the borders of this State. I suppose that nothing would prevent him from going beyond what was authorized, once he had full access to the monitoring systems, but he’s breaking the law if he’s doing anything other than monitoring you for safety and security reasons ONLY while you’re in Michigan. I’m going to call Sandra and pull the plug on this right now.”

“Please don’t, Ellen.”

“Why not?”

“If you do that, he’ll know that something’s up. You said that the warrant is for 30 days, and it expires in a little over a week, right?”

“Yes.”

“If you just let it run out, and then don’t renew it, he won’t be any the wiser. I want to find out what’s going on, and if you cancel the warrant, he’ll probably be suspicious. I’d rather that he be happy and complacent and thinking that everything’s going his way.”

She thought about it for a moment.

“OK, Ben. I can do that.”

“Thank you, Ellen.”

We kissed.

“So do you want to go again, just to make sure I’m pregnant?”

“Maybe later. I’d like to talk about what happened between us. Do you remember the binding effect I told you about?”

“Mmm. You want to bind me? I can get some handcuffs from someone on the security detail.”

“Later, Mrs. Robinson.”

“Hey! I saw that movie. And technically you’re four years older than me.”

She thumped me lightly on the chest. I kissed her again.

“From what you told me, it sounds like you experienced the binding effect when you were with Clifford Harrison. As far as I’ve been able to tell, once a woman binds to a man, it’s permanent. Admittedly, I haven’t had much time or opportunity to test it completely, but I’m stunned that we were able to break it.”

“I did feel the effect you described with him, but it was nothing like what I feel with you, Ben. The son of a bitch did use his advantage to talk me into authorizing that warrant easily enough, though. How stupid was that? If we were trying to keep you safe, why monitor you, rather than just assigning a State Police security detail to you? It’s pretty obvious now, but when he wanted the warrant, it never crossed my mind.”

“Don’t worry about it. You’re were coerced without even knowing it. That’s probably easy to do if an unethical person wanted to manipulate someone who was bound to them.”

“No need to sugar-coat it for me, Ben. You mean that it was easy for Harrison to screw with my head after he’d nailed me and gotten his hooks in me.”

“Sorry, Ellen.”

“No sweat, stud. I prefer to cut through the bullshit and tell the plain truth. It’s quicker and easier that way.”

“So what did it feel like when the binding to him broke?”

“Honestly, I don’t know. I wasn’t really aware of the hold that he had on me until you told me about it, so I didn’t really look for any kind of change. Now that I know, it seems pretty obvious that there was something there, but I didn’t notice before. I do know that I wanted you badly within just a few minutes of meeting you. I suppose that was when I started binding to you, but I really don’t know. I can say that what I feel with you is a LOT stronger than what I felt with Harrison, and it’s not just the part where I feel like I’m falling in love with you.”

I wondered if the “concubine effect” was what had done it. I hadn’t been romantically interested in Dimitri’s girls, and their binding hadn’t changed. Or maybe it was a matter of Harrison only having been with Ellen for a brief time—maybe longer exposure would have bound her more completely to him. But if that was the case, then why did she feel so much more intensely bound to me, even though we’d only been together a few hours? Maybe the binding faded if the woman wasn’t exposed to the man for a period of time. There were a lot of possibilities and far more questions than answers. Why hadn’t she gotten pregnant from their encounter, for example?

“So neither you nor Judge Holmes got pregnant?”

“No. Maybe we’re just too old. Sandra’s a couple of years younger than me, but neither of us is a teenager.”

“From what I’ve heard, women these days are fertile well into their fifties, at least. And older women have a tendency toward multiple births. There’s no reason you can’t have a baby, as far as I know.”

“No reason other than not getting enough sperm in me,” she said as she began stroking my cock back to hardness.

* * *

I spent Thursday night and most of the day Friday at the Governor’s Mansion. Ellen and I talked about many things, including our growing affection for each other.

“It seems so strange that I don’t feel any jealousy toward your other women, Ben. I’m actually happy that you have multiple, loving mates, and I feel love and support for them, even though I haven’t met them. It’s a wonderful feeling, but it’s definitely not how we were raised when we were children. I like your ideas about how to handle that in principle, but let’s talk about the practical aspects of them…”

We talked; a lot.

She invited Judge Sandra Holmes over for lunch, even though I was reluctant to meet with her. It was bad enough that I’d bound the Governor to me, and I didn’t want to take a chance that I’d break Harrison’s hold on the judge and bind her to me. Ellen looked at it as an opportunity to see if her friend recognized the influence that Harrison had over her, and she hoped that I could break it and bind her to me.

“Better to have an ethical man like you holding influence over a federal judge than a bastard like Harrison,” she told me.

It turned out that Judge Holmes hadn’t recognized her binding to Harrison, and she was reluctant to even consider the possibility that it existed. That lasted about fifteen minutes into lunch.

“You know,” she said, “I think you two were right. All of a sudden I can see that pleasing Clifford Harrison was very important to me.”

“Was?” I asked.

“Yes. Past-tense. I… did some things I probably shouldn’t have done. I really wanted a baby, and he didn’t even deliver on that. I can see it now. Things just changed. I wouldn’t have noticed it if I hadn’t been thinking about it.”

“Can I get your expert legal opinion on this?” I slid the contract tablet over to her.

She read through it.

“Very well done. It protects you and your future children, but still takes the rights of the mother into consideration. I think it’s thorough and prudent.”

She started to push it back across the table to me, but I held up my hand.

“May I ask how you feel toward me right now, Sandra?”

“I like you, Ben. I like you a lot. You’re smart, caring, and… Oh! It’s you now, isn’t it?”

“Probably. If the influence that Clifford Harrison had over you is gone, then it’s probably been replaced by my influence. I’d like to explain a few things, if that’s OK with you.”

I told her about the binding effect and the difference between my concubines and the contract mothers of my children. I was careful to phrase things so that I wasn’t giving her orders to follow, and I pointed that out to her and told her why I was doing it.

“You said that you wanted a baby, Sandra, and that contract is available to you, if and only if you want. I’m OK either way. The decision is yours and the only thing I want is for you to do what’s right for you.”

“Are you serious?” She turned to look at Ellen. “Are you OK with all of this?”

“Of course I am. Ben needs to make lots of babies, and I want to do whatever it takes for that to happen. If you want to have a baby with him, I’ll be happy for both of you.”

“And you, Ben?”

“I wouldn’t have offered if I wasn’t serious. You can decide either way at any time, Sandra; I’m not insisting that you make up your mind right now.”

She scanned her fingerprint and handed the tablet back to me.

“My mind is made up. Any way you want to do the options on that is fine by me, Ben.”

I set the options and had her look at them to make sure she was happy with the final form of the contract, then I scanned my fingerprint and the contract was in effect.

“So what do we do now? I mean, where…”

“There are plenty of spare bedrooms in this oversized monument that you two could use,” Ellen said with a smile.

“Can we finish lunch and maybe talk for awhile first?”

“Sure, Ben.”

We finished lunch and Ellen and I bounced the ideas we’d come up with off Sandra. She had valuable input on them. Two hours later we had the makings of a plan; actually a few plans.

“OK,” said the Governor of Michigan, “now that we’ve finished that matter, it’s time to move on to the next order of business.”

Taking Sandra’s hand and mine, she led us up the wide staircase and down the hall to a bedroom. She gave me a loving kiss, then opened the door.

“You two go in there and don’t come out until she’s pregnant. And don’t worry about saving anything for me, Ben. Any more and I’m going to start walking like a cowboy and people will talk.”

Sandra hugged her friend, then we went into the bedroom to do as the Governor had ordered us to do.

* * *

The trip home was slower than my drive to Lansing had been because now it was getting dark outside and I needed to be careful of the gigantic haulers on the road. As I pulled into my garage, the dashboard told me that I’d driven 177 kilometers in 63 minutes. In addition to being a “stealth” vehicle when it came to Harrison trying to monitor my movements, it was also probably going to be one of the last times I’d get to enjoy driving the Mercedes until the spring. Frigid weather was stalled on top of the Great Lakes region for the foreseeable future, so any precipitation at all would make the roads too unreliable for me to risk driving the classic.

I logged into the downstream discussion group and received several quick greetings from the men there before the main discussion resumed. They were talking about Jorge’s concerns over geo-diversity. If the downstreamed men fathered children in just one region of the world, there would almost certainly be problems with half-siblings inter-breeding in subsequent generations.

Some advocated a global database that kept track of who was related to who. There was strong resistance to that idea, though. Many of the men were adamantly opposed to anything that even remotely resembled national or global registration of their children. It seemed like a bad idea to me, too. The potential for abuse was too great.

There were a couple who thought that a good solution might be to have us become something like a global stud farm, with men rotating from country to country around the world. That didn’t sit well with me, either. I wanted to work on the Temporal Singularity and I wanted to be with my concubines. Traveling around the world constantly wouldn’t allow either.

I kept silent on a possible solution to at least some of the problem. Ellen, Sandra, and I had kicked around a few ideas, including one that had been inspired by Gina and Julie. We had an idea that might take some time to pan out. Revealing it in the discussion group, where Harrison might get wind of it, seemed like a bad idea. For once I had a tiny advantage over Harrison with the knowledge about me having bound two women who had previously been bound to him. the information about the monitoring warrant not being renewed when it expired, and possibly a few other things that I’d discussed with Ellen. I wasn’t going to throw that advantage away.

Jorge wasn’t in the group. Rumor was that he was under heavy pressure from HGT corporate to develop a nano-protein that targeted genetic diseases. He was said to be spending all his time unwinding the DNA of Van den Haas Syndrome. I hoped that he found success and was able to use his creation for the good he’s originally wanted it to do.

I signed out when Julie arrived. She was spending the weekend. After dinner we put business before pleasure and she started coaching me on the things she remembered from her trial law classes.

“A good trial lawyer never asks a question that she doesn’t already know the answer to, Ben. It’s one way that she keeps control of the trial. She finds new information by asking a witness questions she already knows the answer to and letting the witness elaborate and reveal new information or catching inconsistencies between their testimony and what she already knows to be true.”

We discussed each of her points as she brought them up.

“Eyewitnesses can be incredibly unreliable sources of information. You mentioned people believing the first version of a story that they hear, whether it’s true or not, and you’re right. What’s worse, though is that you can put a group of people who all witnessed an event in a room and let them talk about the event and what they think they remember will change to match what others in the group say. You can even put in a plant who didn’t even witness the event and have him talk about ‘the man in the black jacket’ or something like that, and the rest of the eyewitnesses will start corroborating his description, actually believing that there was a man in a black jacket at the event when there wasn’t.”

While fascinating, I wasn’t sure how that might be useful to me, since I wasn’t willing to lie to someone.

“If something comes at a lawyer out of left-field, her best move is usually to keep silent, smile, and act like she already knew and expected it. A silent smile and nod can be a very effective tool when you get into unfamiliar territory, Ben. It says nothing, but it will be interpreted by the other person in any number of ways, most of which involve them thinking that you’re calm and in control of the situation.”

After an hour or so Julie decided that we’d had enough coaching for one night and we retired to the bedroom for cuddling and anything else that followed it. We knew that there’d be more coaching sessions over the next two days to get me as prepared as I could be for my return to the High Energy Physics Lab on Monday.