The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Betrayed Downstream

by The Lycanthrope

Chapter 28 — Into The Lion’s Den

Harrison Global Technologies Headquarters, Ann Arbor, Michigan

The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy’s not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.

—Sun Tzu

The morning’s problems had been relegated to a secondary position by a simple vid call. Harrison wanted to meet with me that afternoon. My position certainly wasn’t unassailable, but I was as ready to meet the enemy as I could be.

Headquarters was very much as I remembered it: A pretty showplace to house executives and meet with VIPs. The biometric scanners used to verify the identity of both employees and visitors were standard fingerprint scanners. Out at the High Energy Physics lab I’d noticed that they used more secure scanners that verified both fingerprint and retinal identity. That made sense, since there was very sensitive research going on at the lab. The more basic scanners at HQ were less obtrusive for visiting VIPs to use. A scan of my fingerprint verified me as Dr. Benjamin Abraham Lincoln, HGT employee on indefinite sabbatical with no current building access authorization at any HGT facility.

I was given a visitor badge and escorted to Clifford Harrison’s office suite on the top floor of the building. Harrison’s executive assistant took responsibility for me, releasing the security man to return to his other duties. She directed me to sit in one of the chairs in the outer area, near her desk, and announced my arrival to Harrison. I had to wait a few minutes before Harrison signaled her to bring me in.

I was immediately glad that Julie and I had practiced various techniques for maintaining the appearance of calmness and control. The sight of Clifford Harrison, looking almost exactly the same as he had at the sham WHR conference facility in Morocco, ratcheted my anger level up far more than I’d expected. Still I managed to keep a friendly smile on my face when he greeted me.

“Ben! You don’t know how good it is to see you.” He stepped around his large desk and offered his hand. I shook it.

“Please, please, have a seat.” He gestured to the leather guest chair in front of his desk. “We have a lot to discuss.”

I waited for him to walk back around his desk, then sat. The seat of the chair was warm, as if someone had just been sitting in it. I’d just registered this data point when I noticed the faint remnant of a familiar scent. It was called “Evening’s Interlude” and it was a very expensive perfume; Pamela’s favorite perfume when we’d been together. I glanced at the other doors leading from the room, wondering through which she had just departed. I noticed the dimmed windowpanes and wondered if Harrison had done that for privacy while he met with Pamela, or if maybe there was another reason for it.

He looked tired, but he smiled broadly at me.

“I can’t tell you how much it pleases me that you, of all the men at the World Hope Renewal conference, understood the full breadth of my vision, Ben. I should have known that a chess master would see all of the pieces and understand how they fit together into a complete strategy.”

I was in unknown territory. I had no idea what Harrison was talking about, but his comment about me being a chess master did verify that he’d been monitoring my communications while I was in San Diego, and not just in Michigan. I followed Julie’s advice and smiled as if I knew everything.

“I’ll admit that I was thrown off when you went to San Diego, Ben, but when I found out what you were doing, I said to myself: ‘He gets it. He understands the whole plan!’ I was thrilled to see that you not only understood, but you also supported my complete vision.”

I smiled again and gave him a slight nod. What vision was I supposed to be supporting?

“We do need the working class, Ben. We need them for manual labor and other menial tasks that the educated class needn’t waste their time on. Those things still need to be done, and the working class will be the ones to do them.

“I appreciate your initiative in starting to create the next generation of the working class, Ben, but your DNA is far too valuable to waste on it. Let lesser men breed up the future laborers and servants, you should be making the children of the upper class. I’m happy to see that you’ve started impregnating women of higher class and education since you returned to Michigan. That’s what you should be doing. We’ll have plenty of lower-intelligence workers created by the other men who impregnate women of inferior genetics.”

Did he really think that I’d picked my concubines because I thought they were inferior and would make babies who would grow up to be of lower intelligence? Internally I seethed at the insult to my girls, but I forced my expression to remain neutral.

“I’m sure that every once in awhile you’d stumble across an exception. Take the Alvarez girl, for example. Did you know that she has a gift for languages? She might produce a similarly gifted child, especially with your superior genetics there to help.” He frowned for a moment.

“To tell you the truth, I have no idea why she saddled herself with that menial laborer she married. He’s holding her back from her true potential, and he’s certainly an unnecessary complication for you to have to deal with. I don’t know why she hasn’t done the sensible thing and gotten rid of him.

“Regardless, she’s a happy exception. Your superior genetics should be reserved for women of better breeding, Ben. I do appreciate your initiative in starting with the new working class, but we can leave that to other men and the occasional genetic aberration that is bound to happen anyway. It’ll be easier for subsequent generations, you know. I have teams working on nano-proteins to increase physical strength and stamina while also boosting subservience and docility. We just give that to the working class babies as part of their vaccination regimen and the next generation of working class can breed up more of their own kind by themselves.”

I hoped that my expression wasn’t showing my inner feelings.

Clifford Harrison was out of his mind if he thought that I supported a eugenics program that was the functional equivalent of bringing back slavery. And he was completely fucking insane if he thought for one second that I’d let him vaccinate my children or my girls to make them part of his “working class.”

At the very least, he was a sick, evil son of a bitch.

“I need you to create the new super-babies, Ben. We can get workers easily enough, but your genetics need to go toward impregnating the social and intellectual elite. You’re one of the men at the top, Ben. You should be traveling the world and making babies with the best and brightest women. Forget what I said at the conference, we need your superior genetics spread as far and wide as possible. Two or three women a day would be ideal.”

“But my work…”

“Ah yes, your work is of great importance, too. I take it that you want to return to work here?”

“Yes, Sir. I’ve only scratched the surface of the Temporal Singularity. I need to do more testing and research on it.”

“I agree, Ben, and I think I have a solution that you’ll like.”

“I’m all ears, Mr. Harrison.”

“I’m not a young man, Ben. Running Harrison Global Technologies used to be something that I did with almost no effort, but as I got older, I found that I was slowing down and it was getting harder for me to keep up. Now that we’ve added World Hope Renewal to the mix, I’m being stretched even further.

“Harrison Global Technologies is my baby, Ben, but the future of humanity rides on World Hope Renewal. I need to devote more time and energy to it to make sure that humanity survives and that the future is shaped according to the vision that I now know that you and I share.” Again he frowned.

“There are some who disagree with our vision, Ben. Believe it or not, there were a few men from World Hope Renewal who seem to want things to be the way they were twenty years ago. It’s… upsetting to me that some refuse to see the good that we’ve done for the planet; very upsetting.” He had a grim expression as he shook his head. I nodded, but kept silent. His use of the past-tense when referring to the men who’d spoken out against him was chilling.

“But you do share the vision for a better future for both mankind and the Earth. You figured it all out and you took the initiative to start with the less glamorous work of building the working class that we’re going to need in future generations. That means a lot to me, Ben. I really appreciate it.

“I’d like you to be the new President and Chief Operating Officer of Harrison Global Technologies, Ben. I’ll retain the title of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, but the company would essentially be run by you. My efforts will be mainly focused on making sure that World Hope Renewal stays on track.

“Now before you say anything, let me explain that the Division Directors do most of the work of running things, so a young, energetic man like you would be able to do the job easily. You were a Division Director, so you know what’s involved. And you were still able to do your research work while directing the entire High Energy Physics lab. The business end of the President position wouldn’t take up any more time than your old Division Director position did, probably less. You’d have plenty of time to work on your research.

“All you’d really need to do is run the weekly vid meetings with all of the Division Directors, meet with me once in awhile to work out overall company direction and strategy, and make the occasional press appearance. I know that you can do it all easily. You were in those meetings, and you did the direction and strategy planning for your division. Your public speaking skills are definitely good enough to handle the press appearances.

“Now there’s a little catch to this, Ben. I’d want to make it so that you didn’t start in the position for ninety days. That would give you some time to travel around and get lots of the right kind of women pregnant. And when you start as President, you’ll still need to continue with that, though not at the pace you’d be at for the next three months. You’ll find yourself moving in different circles once you’re President of Harrison Global Technologies, and it will be easy for you to find suitable women to impregnate.”

He sat back in his chair, silent for a moment. He looked almost like he was catching his breath.

“So can I count on you to make the vision a reality by accepting the position, Ben?”

There was no question in my mind that Harrison needed to be stopped. His “vision” was far worse than anything I’d expected. I didn’t know how I was going to stop him or when, but it seemed clear that being as far on the “inside” as possible would give me the best chance to do it.

“I accept your offer, Mr. Harrison.” He stood and shook my hand.

“Outstanding, Ben! Congratulations!”

“Thank you, Sir.”

“I’m a little pressed for time right now, Ben, so I’d like to shoot a press announcement with you to tell the world the good news. Do you have a half hour or so for that?”

“I can do that.”

* * *

The video shoot was done in front of a calibrated vector-key screen, just as Janet had suspected when she’d noticed that Harrison’s press statement had been faked. The screen allowed any background to be digitally inserted behind us. The lighting was done as Janet had described, with large indirect lighting fixtures creating an even, diffuse light that cast no shadows. It was much more muted than I’d the bright TV lights I’d occasionally been exposed to back when I was the Director of the lab.

It was a short vid. Harrison spoke for a couple of minutes about how pleased he was that “the creator of the time bubble and the technology behind field reversers and many other modern technological miracles was bringing his unmatched intellect and talent back to Harrison Global Technologies as it’s new President and Chief Operating Officer.” I read a short, prepared statement off the teleprompter, talking about how I was glad to be back and how I looked forward to working with Clifford Harrison to expand the company and explore new applications for the Temporal Singularity and other technologies. Harrison then filled in a few details about when I’d be starting in the position, etc.

“I want that edited and ready to run on the evening news,” Harrison told the production manager. “And we’re going to need to shoot some extra sound bites about this to be edited into the series we’ve been shooting. I trust that we can get that all done tonight?” The production manager told him that it would be no problem.

The video production facility was on the first floor of the building, so Harrison called for a security escort and walked me to the door of the sound stage to meet the escort.

“I want you to spend the next ninety days visiting the gathering places of the business, social, and intellectual elite and getting them pregnant, Ben. Your new job will wait for you, and then we’ll work together to realize our shared vision.”

“Thank you, Mr. Harrison.” He looked thoughtful for a moment.

“You know, Ben, I’m going to do you a little favor, to celebrate your return. I’m going to give you a little surprise gift.”

“Oh, that’s not necessary, Sir.”

“It’s not a big deal, Ben. I’m just going to fix a little thing for you. I insist, and I think you’ll like it when you get it.”

“Well I guess I should thank you in advance, then Sir.”

We shook hands and he turned back toward the lights and cameras as I followed my security escort back to the reception desk to return my badge. As I left the building I made a silent promise to myself, my girls, my unborn children, and all of humanity that I would do whatever it took to make sure that Clifford Harrison’s warped “vision” for the world never happened.