The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Betrayed Downstream

NOTICE: This is adult erotic mind control science fiction. If you’re not of age to read this or you live somewhere where reading this isn’t allowed, don’t read this story. Copyright © 2010-2011 by The Lycanthrope. All rights reserved worldwide. See the full notice in Chapter 1. Comments and feedback are welcome.

Chapter 30 — Confrontation

HGT High Energy Physics Lab, Michigan

“You win battles by knowing the enemy’s timing and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.”

—Miyamoto Musashi

Executive Two looked very much like I remembered, though the technology in the office suite had been updated. It wasn’t as opulent as Clifford Harrison’s office at headquarters, but it was still pretty posh. The luxurious room was marred only by the thing that let me know that I was in the right place: A raised platform in the middle of the room with a Temporal Singularity device mounted on a pedestal in the center of the platform. I recognized the device as one of the most recent ones I’d built at the lab. It was capable of creating stasis fields up to three meters in diameter.

I should have been tired, but somehow four hours of sleep had been enough. We’d stayed up until Cheryl’s last update on Martin’s condition at 2:30 AM, our time. The doctors had stabilized him, but he was still in critical condition. They were keeping close watch on the function of his damaged internal organs and giving him a little time to recover from the surgeries he’d already had. Cheryl had lined up a highly respected nephrologist and a top-flight internist. First thing in the morning they’d be at the hospital to tackle the damage to Martin’s kidneys and his other internal organs, respectively.

In between updates from Cheryl we talked and planned. It appeared that Harrison was about to be in a position where I might be able to at least delay his destructive plans. The timing was everything, and the most important part of it was that I needed to be in Executive Two before he arrived. That part had gone well and I was hidden in the darkened washroom of the suite, peeking through the barely-opened door and hoping that Harrison didn’t send in a security team to sweep the suite before he arrived.

The windows in the suite slowly shifted to a smoky tint, darkening the main office considerably. I watched through the narrow opening as Clifford Harrison came into the dimly-lit room. To my surprise, he was alone. He stepped up onto the platform and turned his back to me as he began entering data into the Temporal Singularity device. I slipped out of the washroom, closing the door silently after me, and sat on the couch behind him. He seemed so focused on what he was doing that he didn’t hear the soft creaking of the leather as I sat.

“In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.”

—Miyamoto Musashi

I waited calmly for him to finish what he was doing. Thoughts of Martin were set aside. I needed to stay logical and rational if I hoped to succeed here. He fiddled with the device for another minute or so before stepping away from it.

“You have Van den Haas Syndrome, don’t you?” He spun around.

“Ben! Wha… what are you doing here?”

“You have Van den Haas Syndrome.”

“Don’t be absurd. There’s nothing wrong with me. I’m fine.”

“I don’t think so. I tell you what,” I stood and moved toward the control panel at the main entrance to the suite. “How about we get some light in here so we can see each other better?” He blanched.

“No, that’s not necessary. OK, I do have Van den Haas, what of it? There will be a cure for it soon.”

“And in the mean time, you’re doing time jumps while you wait for the cure.”

“What’s the meaning of this? I don’t have to explain myself to you. How did you get in here?”

“I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. It’s actually a pretty good use of the technology. I’d say it’s one of the few things that you’ve done recently that’s worked out exactly as you planned.” His eyes narrowed.

“What are you talking about?”

“You’re a much better businessman than scientist. You look for the result you want, but you don’t test things exhaustively to see what may happen in different circumstances. For example, I’m guessing that you served as the male subject for the tests to see if the nano-proteins would cause females to be attracted to fertile males, right?”

“Of course,” he said haughtily.

“And who did you use for female test subjects?”

“They were… volunteers.”

“Volunteers? Really? You just posted a notice in the newspaper for women willing to be part of a sexual arousal and fertility enhancement experiment for the several months that it would take for their genetics to be altered by a nano-protein?”

“They volunteered by being what they were. They were inconsequential; prostitutes, street people. What does it matter?”

“You rounded up some prostitutes and homeless women and you tested various nano-proteins on them until you found what you were looking for. Even if we ignore the legal and ethical issues with that, there are some big holes in your science there. You only tested adult women, and you only tested them to see if your physical presence created the response you desired. You didn’t test younger girls. You didn’t test a large enough sample to see if there were genetic variations that would cause different responses in some women. Most importantly, you didn’t test with any male other than yourself.”

“What does it matter?”

“Oh, it matters a lot. Especially since Van den Haas Syndrome reduces sperm production dramatically. You’re not completely sterile, but you’re close. And since…”

“Cliff? Honey, I haven’t heard from…” She walked into the room and spotted me. “Ben?”

“Hello Pamela.”

She looked at me in shock for a few seconds before her face hardened into an accusatory glare.

“I waited for you, Ben, but you didn’t come back. You LIED to me, Ben. You say you always tell the truth, but you LIED. I waited for you, just like I promised, but you LIED when you promised to come back.”

“You waited for nothing, Pamela.”

“No! I waited, just like I promised. I waited for you to come back. I waited for you and…”

“Now you’re just embarrassing yourself. I know that you didn’t wait.” I walked toward the washroom door. “I knew when I saw that your note to me was written on modern paper that didn’t exist twenty years ago.” I opened the door.

“So what if I wrote the note recently. I waited for you to come back like…”

“Hello Mother.” Shannon stepped out of the washroom and closed the door behind her.

“Shannon, baby, I…”

“You what? You found a richer guy to whore yourself out to? You decided to throw away your family because there was a bigger prize to chase?”

“It’s not like that, baby. I do care about you. That’s why I left that message.”

“Hah,” Shannon snorted. “Your message said you were ‘going away’ for a few months. You conveniently left out the part where you’d be hiding out in a time bubble with your new boyfriend.”

“But I do care about you!”

“How am I supposed to believe that? I’ve been listening to you lie to Ben, and it seems to come pretty naturally to you. If you’d waited for him, I wouldn’t exist. You ran off to dig gold as fast as you could, and you found Daddy. And I KNOW that you don’t care about him, you slut. He’s a wreck and you’re here happily fucking your way into a bigger fortune…” Her voice cracked. I put my arm around her and looked at Harrison and Pamela.

“FINE!” Pamela yelled. “You’re an ungrateful little bitch, you know that? Wake up and look around, Shannon. You need to use what you’ve got to get what you want. I gave you brains and looks, so USE THEM! Hell, hook up with Ben there; he’s worth a few bucks, and the fact that he’s here says that he’s got more balls than I thought he had.”

I pushed my rising anger aside and centered myself back to the determined calmness Musashi advocated.

“I think we’ve established that you didn’t wait, Pamela, not that it’s all that important. I’m pretty sure that you never were really mine in the first place.”

“You got that right! Cliff and I had a thing for each other, but with his wife and all… Anyway, that doesn’t matter. We’re together now and soon we won’t even have to worry about the stupid laws in Utah. Governor Searles’ new law will supersede all of that and Cliff and I can do whatever we want. I’ll be damned if she’s going to marry him like she said, though. That’s not going to happen while I’m alive.”

“She didn’t say she wanted to marry him, Pamela, she said she wanted to marry the father of her child.”

“I am the father of her child,” Harrison said.

“No you’re not, and you’re not the father of Judge Holmes’ child, either—I am.” He gaped in disbelief.

“As I was saying before we were interrupted, you only tested with yourself as the male subject. Your sperm production is greatly reduced due to your condition, but you found a variation of the nano-protein that produced the desired effect in women exposed to you. The problem is, you never tested the women with a man who had full sexual potency. The effect is… considerably stronger. Without even trying, I unbound Ellen Searles and Sandra Holmes from you and bound them to me; permanently.”

I remembered my coaching sessions with Julie and what she’d told me about people believing things that may not have even happened, simply because someone suggested it.

“In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Pamela is starting to feel the effect of being in the same room with me. If I were closer, she might find herself immediately bound to me.” A look of fear came to her face and she stepped behind Harrison. She definitely didn’t want to be bound to anyone who wasn’t the richest man in the world.

“Well,” Harrison said confidently, “I guess I’ll have to visit Lansing after Melendez creates the cure and switch things back.”

“It doesn’t work that way. We tried that in San Diego. Once a woman is bound to a fully potent man, it appears to be permanent.”

Harrison sighed, then gave me a grim look.

“Too bad. Ellen and Sandra were two in a long list of useful idiots, loyal to me. They may find their tenure shorter than they’d expected. As will you two.” He turned toward the desk across the room, eyeing the comms system.

“I’d rather you didn’t do that.” Harrison turned to see Laura stepping out of the washroom.

“You! Impossible!” Laura just smiled at him.

“I saw you in Ann Arbor. You can’t be here. I told them to make sure you stayed there. How...”

“More bad science,” I offered. “Do you know what happens when a girl gets infected with your nano-protein while she’s going through a very early and very powerful puberty, then binds to a potent man when she’s an adult?”

He looked back and forth between me and the deadly blond approaching him.

“I’ll tell you what’s happened in the two instances I’ve encountered thus far: The girl binds far, far tighter than the average girl, prompting a devotion toward her man that goes beyond anything you can imagine. Essentially it enslaves her to the man. You condemned Laura to that fate because you didn’t do thorough testing before you unleashed your biological weapon.”

Laura had stopped near the platform. It was obvious that she could reach Harrison and disable him before he could get to the desk.

“You said two instances,” Pamela said. “Who’s the other one?”

“One problem with sloppy methodology is that it usually becomes pervasive. When you left Ann Arbor, you looked for a girl who looked like Laura at the front desk, and you saw one. That satisfied your goal-oriented methodology, but it wasn’t thorough enough. I’ll admit that my research wasn’t thorough enough, either. I was certainly surprised to find out that Laura has an identical twin and the two ladies are highly motivated to be as much like each other as possible. The person you saw in Ann Arbor is Laila, Laura’s twin sister and my other enslaved girl.”

“That’s impossible. The scanners would have noticed the difference in fingerprints.”

“I think you’ll find that your lobby scanners in Ann Arbor are out of order and your security people are relying on manual visual identification today. When we dropped Laila off this morning, she wiped a little of the new electrostatic water displacer spray on the front door handle, then brought the cloth back to Laura’s roadable when she went to get her ‘forgotten’ employee badge. By the time she got back to the lobby, people had come in, used the handle, and botched the scanners. Since she looks exactly like Laura, your security people had no problem confirming that she matched the employee photo on their screen.

“This lab uses more secure scanners, with retinal identification as well as fingerprint. Since Laura is authorized to be in this building, she had no problem bringing us in through one of the receiving docks.”

“So you went through all this trouble to come here and see me and do what? Accuse me of having Van den Haas?”

“No, I came here to tell you to stop with the crazy plan to create a society with an elite class and what amounts to a slave class. It’s disgusting. It’s unnecessary. It’s certain to fail. The Eloi enslaved the Morlocks so that they could live in luxury and leisure off their labors, but they eventually found themselves completely dominated by their former slaves.”

“History isn’t my strong suit, but I’d say that if these Eloi had had the right nano-proteins, the warlocks would have been nice and obedient and no problem at all.”

“Not ‘warlocks,’ genius, ‘Morlocks,’” Shannon said as she rolled her eyes at Harrison’s ignorance. “They turned the Eloi into feed cattle.”

“Regardless, my plan will work where others have failed because I have the means for absolute control over anyone I want. I’m disappointed that you can’t understand that, Ben. I have the money, the power, and the technology that WILL make it happen.”

“It’s not going to happen, Harrison.” He flinched at my tone.

“Nice gratitude, Ben,” spat Pamela. “After all we did for you.” I fixed her with a cold stare.

“Martin Alvarez?”

“Was that his name? It doesn’t really matter. He’ll either die or be crippled for life. Either way, he’s out of your way and you have his hot little wife all to yourself. Can’t you show a little gratitude for that?”

“How did you do it?” Pamela sighed at my question.

“We have full access to the ENTIRE vehicle control system, nationwide. All we had to do was find a few parked roadables whose vid cameras were pointed at the construction site and watch until he walked in front of his machine. A couple of simple commands started it up and then fixed your problem.”

“So you intentionally tried to kill him. Martin is like a brother to me.”

“He’s a fucking LABORER, Ben! He’s nothing.” Pamela looked at me as if I was stupid.

“And you think that the two of you have the ethics to rule the world? It’s not going to happen. Not while I’m still here.”

Harrison stepped up onto the platform, pulling Pamela with him.

“We’ll have to fix that particular problem in a few days,” Harrison said as he changed the settings on the Temporal Singularity device. “You think that you have us cornered, with Miss Novak all ready to do me bodily harm, but there’s something you don’t know about.

“As soon as I activate this device, this room gets changed to a Blue-3 security classification. You can leave, but nobody will be able to get in without proper authorization. I doubt that the three of you can stay in here and wait ten days for the time bubble to end; you’d starve to death. As soon as you leave, you won’t be able to get back in. I’ll be back in plenty of time to cancel your appointment as President of the company, and I WILL make sure that you’re dealt with.

“Enjoy the next ten days as if they’re they’re your last. I’d recommend not wasting time by running to the media with stories about me trying to rule the world. Everybody saw me offer you the job, and you’ll look like an idiot if you start spouting conspiracy theories. Besides, I own a third of the media, and they’ll be quick to refute you.” He raised his hand to the device.

“WAIT!”

Everyone turned to look at Shannon.

“If you go with him, Mother, you will never see me or anyone else you know, ever again.”

“Young lady, you’re out of your depth here,” said Harrison. “Things will happen exactly as I said they will happen.”

“I guarantee it, Cliffy,” Shannon replied evenly. “You’ll never again see anyone you know.”

Pamela sneered at her, then looked at Harrison and reached over and pushed the button herself. A reflective sphere appeared on the platform where they’d been.

Laura walked to the time bubble and tentatively reached out and touched it with her finger. She turned and walked over to stand beside me.

“I thought they’d never shut up,” she said, taking my hand.

Shannon looked emotionlessly at the time bubble for a few seconds, then walked over to the washroom to retrieve the briefcase. It was the same briefcase I’d brought back from Morocco. I’d removed all of my personal items, as well as the tiny energy field generators that had been hidden in it. Shannon held it out in front of me and unlatched it.

“You don’t have to do this, Shannon. You don’t have to do anything at all.”

“I made my peace with it long before we got here, Ben.” Her voice was even, her hands steady.

I lifted the top of the briefcase and looked at the newest model of the Temporal Singularity device. It was far more elegant than those locked out of my reach in the secured areas of the lab. It had the benefit of twenty years of advances in electronics. The field generators were tiny, but they provided precise steering and shaping of the generated time bubble. Only one component was unchanged from the original designs.

“You’re sure?”

“I’m sure, Ben.”

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the multi-spatial lattice. It was the same one that Harrison had used in Morocco. It fit precisely into the empty socket inside the briefcase. I powered the device up and set it to generate using the skin effect with a thickness of 25 centimeters.

“You’ll need to put it right up against their time bubble,” I told Shannon. She nodded, and walked over to the platform. She set the briefcase down and began entering her own settings.

“Shannon…” She turned and looked at me. “Whatever you do is permanent. It can’t be undone. And you’re not just doing it to them, you’re doing it to you and everyone else who knows them; even your father.”

“I know, Ben.” She double-checked her settings, then closed the briefcase, placed it against the time bubble, and pushed the button on the handle. She walked back over and stood next to me. I took her hand and we watched as the time bubble suddenly appeared to grow a half meter in diameter, encompassing the briefcase and the original bubble. She held my hand gently and lovingly, with no tension. She really had made peace with it.

“How long?” Laura asked.

“I figured that maybe someday a genius physicist might find a way to measure how long a time bubble will last, so I threw in a little plausible deniability. They were originally going to be in their bubble for ninety days, so I just made it look like they accidentally put the nine in the wrong counter position on the device.”

“You froze them for nine years?” Laura’s voice had a tinge of awe.

“Nine centuries,” Shannon said calmly. Laura and I turned to look at her in shock.

“I meant it when I said that they’d never see anyone they knew. I don’t ever want to see them again, either.”

I thought about what had happened over the last 900 years of history. Nine centuries earlier humanity had been on the verge of inventing the windmill. Ground transportation had meant walking or livestock and carts. Water transportation had been wooden sailing ships. Air transportation had been a fantasy. Europe was learning to cast iron. The second Crusades were in full swing. Communication was either oral or handwritten. Gutenberg wouldn’t invent his press until nearly 300 years later. Medicine of the Middle Ages was, well, medieval. Much of it was based on astrology and theories about the “elements” of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. So much had changed in just the previous half century that the idea of 900 years of changes was mind-boggling. In an instant of perceived time for them, Harrison and Pamela would emerge into a world as alien to them as our world would be to Louis VII of France or Henry II of England.

“The only reason for time is so everything doesn’t happen at once,” I quoted.

“Albert Einstein,” Shannon said, identifying the origin of the quote correctly.

“Too bad Mr. Harrison didn’t understand your references to H.G. Wells’ The Time Machine,” Laura said. “The irony was perfect.”

“If you want irony, how about them suddenly finding themselves 900 years in the future and the first thing they see is the briefcase that started the whole mess?” Both girls agreed.

We made sure that everything was in order and that nothing in the room would indicate that we’d ever been there, then left the way we’d come in.