The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Betrayed Downstream

NOTICE: This is adult erotic mind control science fiction. If you’re not of age to read this or you live somewhere where reading this isn’t allowed, don’t read this story. Copyright © 2010-2011 by The Lycanthrope. All rights reserved worldwide. See the full notice in Chapter 1. Comments and feedback are welcome.

Chapter 31 — Epilogue: Facing Future

Near Shelby Township, Michigan

I hear babies cry and I watch them grow,
They’ll learn much more than we’ll know,
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.
—“What A Wonderful World” as sung by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole

Laura was the last one to get to the house. We’d gone from the High Energy Physics lab down to corporate headquarters in Ann Arbor. Laila had continued her impersonation of her sister through the morning and had gone out for lunch. We’d met her outside the building and taken her to lunch, after which Laura had returned to HGT headquarters and requested a meeting with human resources. She’d resigned her job, citing a potential conflict of interest because she was romantically involved with the incoming President of HGT. They’d processed her resignation, and she’d passed their biometric scans to confirm her identity.

While we were waiting for Laura to arrive, Shannon and I had filled Shelby, Julie, and Laila in on what had happened at the lab. Shelby’s angry response surprised me.

“They got off easy. After what they did to Martin and Teresa, they should have had their legs smashed before you sent them into the future. It would give them an appreciation for the pain they so casually inflicted on Martin.”

I looked at her in surprise.

“I know that this isn’t what you expect of me, Benjamin, but Martin and Teresa are my friends. I do not take kindly to people who intentionally hurt my friends, much less try to kill them.”

“I understand, Shelby. But what we did is enough. They’ll step out of that time bubble into a world where they are basically cavemen. And in a year or two, after the effects of Harrison’s propaganda campaign have faded a bit, we’ll see to it that news starts leaking out about what really happened twenty years ago. And we’ll teach it to our children and make sure that they teach it to their children and their children’s children. By the time those two emerge from that stasis field, they’ll be as infamous as Vlad The Impaler or the Third Reich. I don’t think they’ll find a very warm reception in the future.”

Shelby nodded, then excused herself and headed toward the kitchen. I felt an arm loop through mine.

“So… can I have your baby, too?” I looked at the auburn haired beauty in surprise.

“I didn’t think you’d want to…”

“Of course I want to, Ben. Even if I had a choice, I’d still want to.”

I thought for a moment.

“Shannon, how’s your father?”

“He’s a little better, but he’s still a mess. Grammy and I… oh!”

“Exactly,” I said. “You’re a beautiful, intelligent, wonderful lady, and I care for you very much, but your father needs you. He depends on you and your grandmother right now. He doesn’t know it yet, but he’s lost Pamela forever. I don’t think he’s in any shape to have you tell him that you’re pregnant.”

“I hadn’t thought about that, Ben. You’re right, we should wait. Still, though, can I at least get a promise that you’ll consider it once my father is better?”

“Well, there’s college to think about, too…”

“Don’t worry, I’ll finish my master’s degree.”

“Master’s? I’d be happy with a Bachelor’s.”

“Got that. Two of them, actually.”

“Two degrees? Aren’t you nineteen?”

“Yes. How old were you when you got your Bachelor’s?”

“Ah. Point taken. And you’re working on your Master’s?”

“One more semester and a dissertation and I’ll have a Master’s in mechanical engineering. I already have the dissertation done, but it still needs polishing.”

“So a beautiful, incredibly intelligent, sweet, caring lady who can quote H.G. Wells and Einstein wants me to get her pregnant? Hmmm. That’s a tough call…” I smiled and she whacked me on the shoulder.

“Of course I will, Shannon, after your father is well.” She seemed relieved.

“Thank you, Ben. I was worried that… well, since I look…”

“She was physically beautiful Shannon, and I loved her even though she didn’t love me.”

“You didn’t know, Ben.

“True, but… Well, it doesn’t matter. You’re beautiful inside and outside. That’s something she never had and never will have, I guess. You’re not her; you’re so much more.”

“Do… do you think you can ever love me, Ben?”

I kissed her slowly and softly on the lips.

“I already do, Shannon.”

She hugged me tightly. Behind her I saw Shelby munching on a carrot stick and giving me an enigmatic little smile. I wasn’t sure if it was approval or if she was doing her mind-reading thing again.

* * *

Laura’s arrival completed our little group.

“Well, I’m unemployed now,” she announced.

“Me too,” said Laila. “I quit my job at the dojo Tuesday night.”

The two of them were dressed identically in bulging white blouses and navy blue skirts that hugged their curves, making it nearly impossible to tell them apart. I did notice that Laura was a maybe a centimeter taller and Laila had a very slightly narrower face. If they were together and standing, I had some chance of telling who was who, but I knew that it would take me awhile before I would know for sure which one I was looking at individually. I smiled at the thought of how enjoyable it would be learning that over the upcoming weeks.

“BEN!” There was an urgency in Shannon’s voice and we all turned to look at her. She was staring at the vid display. It showed a familiar face with the caption “Live From Harrison Global Technologies Headquarters” beneath it. I turned up the sound and listened to a few seconds of Clifford Harrison talking about how the Future Hope frozen embryos in Norway would require more study before he could say that it might be complementary to the World Hope Renewal project. I turned it back down.

“Idiot,” I said. “He’s never even considered that those embryos are probably contaminated with the nano-protein.”

“But how…”

“Oh, he’s not really live, Shannon. It’s faked. Don’t worry, he’s definitely sealed up in the time bubble.” I explained how Janet had showed me how to spot the fakery in the vids.

“He’s been faking his ‘live’ videos for awhile, due to his illness. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more vids from him over the coming weeks. I think he has some pre-recorded to make it look like he’s still around while he was in the time bubble for ninety days. Now that I think about it, that makes things easier for me.”

“What does it make easier for you, Benjamin?”

“Well, two days ago he announced that I’m going to be President of HGT, effective in ninety days. Harrison’s obviously not going to be around when I take that position. I don’t know if he has anyone in the company who he shares his plans with, but if he does, they’ll probably think that Harrison didn’t correct for the extra day of delay due to the ice storm.

“I’m going to take the position in ninety days. HGT has projects running that will be detrimental to humanity, and I need to stop them. I’m going to try to get the company back on track. Regardless of Harrison’s sick plans for them, HGT has some amazing technologies that really can help humanity.

“So I’ll become the President of HGT and I’ll watch to see who, if anyone, gets nervous when Harrison doesn’t show up within a few days after I start. If someone gets antsy, I’ll have a good idea that Harrison may have told them what’s going on.

“I’ll be making the press release vids for HGT, so it’s possible that it will be awhile before people notice that they’re not seeing Harrison any more. At some point we will ‘discover’ the time bubble at the lab, complete with a note from Harrison saying that he has an incurable illness and he’s using the time bubble to wait for a cure to be developed. Technically, that’s all true, it just leaves out the part where Harrison’s time bubble is stuck inside another time bubble.”

The girls discussed my ideas for awhile and decided that they made sense.

“So will you be staying here permanently, Benjamin?”

“No, Shelby, I’m planning on moving to San Diego. I’ll need to be here once in awhile, but I’m going to set up a lab in San Diego and do my scientific work there.” I looked at Julie with concern, but she just smiled.

“I’m putting in for a transfer to our San Diego office tomorrow, Ben. If they don’t give it to me, I’m sure I can find work at another firm there.”

“Are you sure, Julie?”

“Am I sure if I want to be someplace warm with the man I love and with the rest of our family? Of course I’m sure!”

I smiled, then looked at my identical slave girls.

“What about you? What do you ladies want to do?”

“We will be personal security…” Laila started.

“…for the most important man in the world,” finished Laura.

“Personal security?”

“We’re qualified, aren’t we?”

“Oh, there’s no question about that, Laura, but I didn’t think I needed personal security.”

“We hope that you never need it, Ben, but…” she said.

“…it’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it,” Laila finished. “And besides, we can tolerate being away from you…”

“…but we’re much happier when you’re nearby,” Laura said.

“OK, I understand. It’s going to take me awhile to get used to you two trading off the talking duties like that, though.”

“Sorry, Ben. We just do it naturally,” Laura said.

“…but we’ll try to do better,” Laila tacked on, after a moment’s thought. The twins giggled when I rolled my eyes theatrically.

“So when are you coming back to San Diego, Ben?”

“Right now, Shannon,” I said soberly. “I’ve chartered the fastest transport I could find and it will be here soon. It’s good for over 1000 kilometers an hour, so we should be able to get there in about three hours.”

I looked at Laila and Laura.

“You’re both welcome to come with me. If you want to, though, you need to get back to your apartments and quickly pack up whatever you need to bring with you. Don’t worry too much about clothes—we can get more for you there.” They exchanged a look and headed for the front door together.

I turned to Julie.

“I’ll miss you while we’re apart, Julie. Please let me know how things go with your transfer request tomorrow. If you like, I’ll get you booked on commercial transport to San Diego tomorrow after you’re done work and you can stay for the weekend or longer.”

“I’ll book it, Ben. I think you’re going to be way too busy. I’ll get the specifics when I call you tomorrow.”

I nodded and turned to Shelby.

“I’m sending the Saab to El Cajon on automatic. It’s less than half as fast as the transport I chartered. You and Shannon should probably come with me and send Dr. Steiner’s roadable back to her on automatic.” Shelby agreed.

“Why the rush to get to San Diego, Ben? And why are you going to be so busy?” Shannon asked.

“A man who I consider my brother is lying in a hospital and a woman who he and I both love deeply is an emotional wreck right now. I need to be there for them as soon as possible and make sure that Martin is getting the best care available. I need to get an audience with the Queen of Norway, um…”

“Queen Ingrid,” Julie filled in.

“Thanks, hon; Queen Ingrid. I need to meet with her in person to explain what’s really frozen in the Future Hope vats. If I can convince her to let me do it, I know of a nice patch of radioactive sand in Morocco where those vats can sit for a week or two to make sure that anything nasty inside them is neutralized. The embryos will be lost, but we’ll be rid of that damned nano-protein for good. I’m just hoping that I can convince her to do it.”

“She’s 38 years old,” Julie said with a gentle smile. “I’m pretty sure you can find a way to convince her.”

“I guess you’re right,” I sighed. I thought about Melissa Cho.

“I also have a commitment in Korea, so I need to work out a visit there soon, too. I need to help coordinate the construction at the apartment complex. I need to look at places for a new lab in San Diego…”

“OK, I get it, you’re going to be busy,” Shannon said.

“Benjamin?”

I looked at Shelby.

“Remember, you are not alone in this. You are a part of us, and we are a part of you, and we are always together to help each other. We are a family.”

I smiled at the simple truth she’d reminded me of yet again. My smile broadened as I thought about my girls:

Ashley—The sweet, unassuming girl who accepted the broken pieces of my soul and glued them back together with her unquestioning love.

Cheryl—Sassy, lusty, fiercely independent, yet sharing such a deep love with me.

Shelby—Caring mocha supermodel who opened her heart to see things that others couldn’t.

Gina—Soft, sexy, and submissive. My partner in business and in love.

Lauren—Passionate about her work and our family. We shared childhood experiences from the same years.

Janet—Athletic, outdoorsy beauty who had found an elegant princess hidden inside her and given me her most precious gift.

Teresa—Volcano of desire and love, now adrift in a sea of misery. I would be with her soon and hold her close always.

Julie—Gentle kitten with a hidden fierceness. Our hearts healed together.

Ellen—Released from the manipulation of Harrison only to find that another binding gave her the love she’d been missing in life.

Laura and Laila—My bookend blond bombshells. Bound tighter to me than anyone ever should have been, but able to find a more comfortable, loving relationship.

Shannon—Beautiful, intelligent, caring, and so, so much more than what mother had pretended to be twenty years earlier.

I thought about how Ellen would probably insist on Michigan, but the rest of the girls would probably prefer the tropical warmth of Hawaii. I thought about how it probably wouldn’t be all of the girls at the same time; Circumstances dictated that Ellen, Teresa, and Shannon might need to happen separately from the other girls. I thought about how happy a certain saleslady at a certain jewelry store in La Jolla would be when she got an order for a dozen wedding ring sets.

I looked at Shelby and, for once, she wasn’t giving me her “I know what you’re thinking” smile. Maybe she couldn’t read my mind. Maybe she knew I was planning something and she wanted to be surprised. Maybe she was like me, willing to face the future and accept whatever it brought, as long as I could share it with the ones I love.

~STORY END~