The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“Children of the Mist”

* * *

This story is the conclusion of Danny’s story arc in the “Chateau Aensland” saga. Read those stories if you haven’t.

* * *

PART ONE

SANDY’S DREAM: “That Child Again”

“When you smile and hold me in your arms
Sometimes for that moment
I’m that child again...”
— Tiffany, “Home”
* * *

It had been fifteen years since Danny and Julie were first returned to Lilith’s family.

Now, at Chateau Aensland, Danny was enjoying a rare moment with his Mother, his True Mother—Lilith, the First Woman.

“Danny, darling,” Lilith said, petting Danny’s hair. He sighed softly as his mind went out of focus. “You know that in My world, you’re the most important thing.”

“But I love my sisters, too,” Danny sighed.

“Me too,” Lilith replied. “I fear time is running out for one of them. The one we haven’t found. The rose in the courtyard... it’s beginning to wilt.”

Danny gasped.

“Maria’s tried watering it, but it does no good,” Lilith said and then held Danny closer. “I’m afraid, Danny... that I have to send you back into the world.”

“If it will help our family, I’ll do it,” Danny replied, nuzzling Lilith’s breast. “As long as I can come back when I find her. You want me to find her, right?”

Lilith wrapped Her aura around Danny. “I think we may have left her behind when we found you and Julie.”

“We?”

“When I was Vera Hayes, I had someone who helped Me manage My business. She identified you and Julie. And now that Vera’s gone, she manages the worldly things I left behind.”

Danny bit his lip. He knew in his heart what Lilith was going to ask him to do. It was to be expected, as close as he was to Her, and the abilities he’d gained from his dreams and memories.

“I’m going to bring her to Chateau Aensland, and then some of our family are going to return,” Lilith said. “Julie, Ruby, and Glynis are going to Los Angeles, while you’re going to drive there.”

“But I don’t know how to drive,” Danny confessed.

“That’s why I’m having My executive assistant chauffeur you.” Lilith stroked Danny’s hair some more, drawing him deeper and deeper into Her web. “You are going to have to use your powers on someone who is not in our family, Danny. Sara’s served me for a long time, and she’s never had time for a lover.”

“Lover...?”

“Yes, Danny... you and her will be lovers.” Lilith felt joy light in Her heart imagining it. “But when you are in public, you must always be professional. She is coordinating video game tournaments now, and I want you to enter them. I know you enjoy games, but it’s hard for you to fight.”

“Do you... want me to use my power to win them?” Danny gulped. “That’s... cheating... isn’t it?”

“That’s what I want you to watch out for,” Lilith said. “That’s how I think we’ll find her. The person who is able to resist your abilities. The person who will defeat you.”

“But...”

“But?”

“What if my sister isn’t actually good at the game?” Danny laughed uncomfortably.

“I only set down a guideline.” Lilith kissed Her son on the head. “If you have strong feelings about a particular player, do not ignore them. Now, I need some time together with you before you leave. After that, go see Sandy and rest.”

“Yes, Mommy.”

Lilith shrugged off Her robe, which was Her only clothing, and drew Danny in to Her. Their rhythm began in earnest; it had been so long. She looked in the eyes of Her son and lover, and could tell he was already asleep and dreaming. A hint of fear welled up inside Her.

‘Don’t be afraid... this is why I let go...’

Lilith had dreamed, for the first time in Her life, Her own dreams, and allowed them to guide Her rhythm as She gave all of Herself to Her son...

* * *

When Danny woke up, he was in bed with Sandy. His eyes glanced down. Sandy was wearing her favorite pair of socks, and as she saw his gaze drift, she started running her feet over his leg.

Danny moaned.

“I’m gonna miss you when you’re gone,” Sandy said.

“I think I understand better,” Danny whispered. “I didn’t really know you this time around, Sandy... I’m sorry I died.”

“I understand now why you did,” Sandy whispered, caressing his hip. “And it’s okay. You’re here now.”

Danny felt his boy respond again, and looked in Sandy’s eyes. She looked back. He realized they could spend forever simply looking each other in the eyes. He idly wondered if that’s exactly what they’d done.

A needy heat overwhelmed his senses, and he felt his passion take control. He silently communicated his desires to Sandy, and she fulfilled all of them. She allowed him to kiss her like a needy man. ‘I know he doesn’t really need me,’ her heart said. ‘But if we can just pretend while we’re together this way... it’s okay, right?’

Danny lay Sandy down on the bed and started to push deep inside her. When he pushed too far, Sandy cried aloud, so he drew back out. Then her need started to call to him and he pushed back again. He remembered some of Maria’s words as he made love to Sandy in this way.

Sandy held out her arms, and pulled Danny’s body to her, and held him close. She felt a memory awaken inside of her, like a dream...

* * *

“Hi... you’re Sandy, right?”

The young woman had a round shape and clear, green eyes. Danny’d talked about this girl. Tina.

“Yeah.”

“I don’t know why he did it,” Tina sighed. “I thought our relationship was good. Before he died, he posted on the Internet that he’d killed himself. I had to know. I called the police.”

“And they found him? I see...”

I sobbed, feeling so powerless. Danny’d been with me less and less as he got to know this girl, Tina. I wondered if I felt jealous, but it all seemed so pointless now. Danny was dead, and this wasn’t the time for envy.

“Danny told me that I was his first, but now I know...”

I gasped quietly.

Tina smiled, and there was such a profound sadness in her smile. “I don’t mind if you have his heart,” she said. “I just wanted to see it. I wondered why he hid it from me.”

“He was probably scared,” I said compulsively. “He didn’t think anyone who wasn’t in his family could love him. Oh, God...”

I started crying again, and Tina held me.

No, wait, she didn’t hold me the first time... she...

She...

* * *

When Sandy came out of that dream memory, Danny had fallen asleep in her arms, just like he’d always used to do. Danny’s body was sweaty, but Sandy’s wasn’t... not quite. She hadn’t exerted herself enough for that. Sandy tried to remember if she’d even orgasmed... but did it matter?

“Why am I sad about you not being here?” Sandy mused aloud. “I still have your sisters, and they love you...”

“Candyland,” Danny murmured in his sleep. He was having that dream again. Sandy wondered if perhaps a part of her soul was always with Danny, ready to play with him in candyland anytime he wanted.

‘But if it was, wouldn’t I remember some of it?’

She remembered Danny’s eyes. Those big, round, sad and sleepy brown eyes that would always draw her in. Sometimes, before seeing Danny, Sandy was worried that she wouldn’t be in the mood, but Danny always made her feel desire. In the back of her mind, Sandy would sometimes remember voices that sounded like Danny, but much stronger...

‘My special playmate... and Danny’s babysitter...’

Sandy felt confused. The voice was talking about Danny as if he were someone else, but the voice was clearly Danny’s.

“You need to shower when you wake up,” Sandy whispered in his ear, and then kissed it. She got out of bed and tucked him in. Mommy had said that tonight, he needed to sleep alone.

Just before Sandy left, Danny woke up from his dream and watched her go. Ater she’d gone, he closed his eyes and returned to rest, but not before making himself a promise.

‘I’m not going to forget you, Sandy... I’ll write you a poem every day, like I wrote poems for Maria so long ago. Yeah... that’ll be nice.’

‘Oh, Danny... come back to candyland...’

Danny returned to his dream world with Sandy. Such a nice place... a place where everyone was candy and everyone loved them.

* * *

Sandy dressed up in a robe and sandals so she could look at the night sky in the garden. ‘Did it become night time all of a sudden?’ she thought to herself.

“It’s night because Danny wants it to be night,” a voice behind her said. She knew it was Maria. Maria’s words had become confusing lately, especially when she talked about Danny. It was almost like Maria thought Danny was a god.

“What do you mean?” Sandy asked.

“Did you ever wonder why we’re immortal, when all beings with life have to die one day?” Maria asked, and embraced her sister from behind. “It’s because we’re dead, Sandy.”

“D...dead? But...?”

“Look at your flower, Sandy. Do you remember?”

Sandy gazed at the pink flower that marked the grave where Mommy had buried Sandy’s original body. “That’s right, Maria... how... how can we be dead if those are our bodies in there?”

Maria nuzzled Sandy’s cheek, which made Sandy sigh softly. “That’s a sakura blossom, Sandy,” she explained. “It’s not a flower, it’s a tree. Its roots are steadily growing stronger and deeper within, and in time, your flower will be the tree that shades the rest of us from the heat.”

“The heat? You mean... we’re in... we’re in hell?”

Maria’s hand searched for Sandy’s, and they clasped each other. Sandy felt her eyes turn fuzzy.

“Heat is what is produced when the body is trying and failing to find God,” Maria went on, using words that Sandy could not follow. “Once God is found, that heat turns into light, and hell becomes heaven. That’s why Danny and the others are returning to the world of life. Just this once, though, before that world disappears, and this world becomes the only world.”

Sandy dropped to her knees, and she realized Maria was guiding her there.

“Don’t be afraid, Sandy,” Maria said. “Listen to my words, and drift for me, like you would drift for Danny. Do you remember?”

Sandy shook her head as she felt tears roll down her cheeks.

But then, almost as if a bolt of lightning had struck her, she did remember...

* * *

“I loved Danny Danny... why did he go? Why did he...?”

“Were you saying someone left you?”

Danny’s voice?

“You heard her voice back then, didn’t you, Haruki? Your mother’s...”

“I’m having a bad dream. I’m having a nightmare...”

“You and him are so alike... but don’t worry. When your time comes... when you pass into death... you will understand too.”

“Who are you?”

“I will reveal myself to you in time. Until then, don’t worry. You are one who believes to the end. Despite how history paints you, know that I always stood at your side, Sandy.”

“But you just called me Haruki...”

“Drift deeper, Sandy. I am now going to give you instructions. You must forget them, if you are to remember them. Drift...”

* * *

Drift...

“There’s someone strong... inside Danny... right?” Sandy felt sleepy again.

“Yes, Sandy,” Maria replied. “He’s very strong. And Danny’s going to have to awaken to his true self, so he can return to the world of the living. See the rose, Sandy?”

“Yeah... the drooping flower...”

“They’re going to find her. Your missing sister. Danny has the chance to be a big brother now. You’ll help him, before he goes, to find that strength, won’t you?”

Sandy smiled faintly in her sluggishness and turned around to face Maria, who was as beautiful as ever.

“What can I do?” Sandy asked earnestly. “He’s going to go very soon, isn’t he? I’m scared... I’ll miss my Danny Danny. What if something hurts him?”

Maria smiled wider, and reached for Sandy’s hand again. Maria had this presence about her that, even though her words were confusing, made Sandy believe. It was beyond her control. She had no choice but to believe in Maria.

“Come inside with me,” Maria said.

Sandy nodded, and the two got up off their knees.

* * *

Danny woke up from deep dreams. As enjoyable as they were, he knew he had to return to his life with his family sooner or later.

‘I need to take a shower.’

Danny’s mind was abuzz with that thought. For some reason, he felt compelled to resist that command. However, in a few moments, he decided to obey the thought. He was already naked, so it was just a matter of entering the shower room and activating the shower heads.

As the water came down, Danny recalled the memory of his first time with Julie. Lilith had taken that memory away here, as well, but he’d chosen to retrieve it by smelling his flower without fear. Now, he remembered it clearly, although it felt like a dream.

He soaped his body and saw the scar on his left arm. He always thought it was a birthmark, but now that he knew about his past life, he knew... it was from his illness. It was so he’d always remember he was a mortal once.

‘Not quite, Danny.’

A voice echoed in his head.

‘You think that you only had this life and the life from your past, but this has been going on longer than you can imagine. Continue washing yourself, Danny... the answers will come.’

Danny paused as the soap ran off of his body. ‘Why am I talking to myself?’

The door to the shower opened, and in walked one of Danny’s sisters—Melissa. She was naked, and had a look of undeniable hunger on her face.

But Danny didn’t feel a sense of doubt or guilt within himself as she approached him, sultry as you please. Although he still felt overwhemed by Melissa’s physical presence and desires, he had long since allowed himself to simply feel what she wanted him to feel. It was okay.

Melissa didn’t use words; she simply kissed his neck, and gently guided him to the ground. Danny felt a tremor from within; so soon after his times with Lilith and Sandy, he was aroused again. As she kissed down the length of his body, starting from his lips, Danny closed his eyes. Water slid down both their bodies, and he saw a flame of blue fire from behind his eyelids.

“Ohhh!” Danny gave an involuntary shout of pleasure as Melissa started going down on him once again...

* * *

Sandy moaned and lay back on Maria’s bed, spent, as Maria brought her to a gentle orgasm with her mouth. The scent of cherries was strong in the air.

“Humans don’t smell and taste like fruits,” Maria said after laying next to Sandy on the bed. “You know that, right?”

“What... what about Glynis?” Sandy pondered aloud. “Isn’t her body weak? Isn’t that why she never plays with us?”

Maria nodded quietly and stared up at the ceiling. “Lilith is sending some of us back to the world of the living. Part of it is to find our missing sister, but another reason is to find a cure for Glynis. She is a mystery. Ruby understands what’s wrong with her, but she doesn’t know how to fix it...”

She then traced a finger over the flesh of Sandy’s cheek... or seeming flesh?

“We’re images, Sandy, of the lives we had on earth, when Mommy hadn’t found us. The first time She found us, we were mortal, and died. But since we hadn’t found our Mother, we were reborn. And even though we sacrificed our memories, we left within us sure signs, so She’d find us again.”

There was silence for awhile. For the first time, Sandy noticed a metronome in Maria’s room, ticking away with a steady beat.

“She found all of us, except Danny, Julie, and the rose,” Maria continued after a time. “And we, of course, surrendered our souls to Her. That is why we’re here. But our bodies still live, as mortals. We’re just not conscious of what they do. What Mommy is going to do to Danny and the others, is give them their consciousness back.”

“And you and me?”

“We’re staying,” Maria said. “My body died quite some time ago, as did Ruby’s and Lupe’s. Ruby is going to borrow someone’s body to return to the world; it’s something that only Ruby can do.”

“She’s very powerful, isn’t she?” Sandy remarked. “But, what about me?”

“You decided not to return,” Maria said. “So the body you have will still be there, but she won’t have any memory of here. So if Danny finds you, you won’t remember him.”

“No! That’s terrible!” Sandy looked very sad. “Why would I do that?”

Maria looked off to the side. Once again, her hand searched for Sandy’s. She gripped it tight.

“When Mommy found Danny, it was too late,” Maria said. “He had died. You remember, right? Being Danny’s babysitter.”

Sandy nodded, but Maria wasn’t looking at her. “Yes,” she said finally.

“When Danny died, even after meeting Mommy, you had no choice but to move on,” Maria said, looking at the menorah on her table spread. “You found a boyfriend, and that’s how your life is right now. He’s supporting you in your mortal life.”

Sandy gasped. “No way!”

“You don’t really love him. You try to use your memories with Danny to help you alleviate the pain, but your boyfriend doesn’t appreciate you. You know that... but you still love him as a human being. You couldn’t hurt him by reawakening your relationship with Danny, so you chose to remain. However, your soul’s true life is here in the Chateau with us. Once the world ends, you’ll forget about all of that, just like you don’t remember now.”

“Once the world... ends?” Sandy’s grip of Maria’s hand loosened.

“I said it before.” Maria tuned to look at Sandy now. “This world and the mortal world will soon become one. Humans have mistreated their planet long enough, and the Day of Judgment is coming. Before then, we must find our sister, and save her. That is our mission. You and I will help Danny and the others by praying for them here. If we do that, then they’ll succeed for certain.”

“You’re scaring me, Maria,” Sandy said. “If I do love that boy you’re talking about, then...”

“Children of Lilith love all life,” Maria interjected. “They cannot help it. They cannot tell the difference between those whose hearts are pure, free of malice, and those whose hearts are tainted by mortal desires. Once the world ends, everyone will appear to perish, but the hearts who are pure will come to find us, and we’ll all live together in a new world. But until then...”

Sandy let go of Maria’s hand, and then moved it up to her hair.

“That power that Danny has...” Sandy smiled. “I know who it is now.”

“Then you know why he’s scared to go back. Why he needs you.”

Sandy closed her eyes, and felt a dream call her name.

“Remember this, Sandy... time is just a matter of perception. Every world has its own time. This one... and the one you love... it’s the same...”

Sandy heard the sounds of a video arcade, and her soul ran in the direction of the sounds, hoping to find the meaning of those words.

* * *

Danny tended to lose consciousness after his sexual moments with his family, and this time was no different. When he came to, he was laying in bed with Melissa, in a room decked out with red satin. He’d seen it in a dream before.

“You’re going to be strong enough when you go, right?” Melissa asked.

Danny nodded. “I’m pretty sure,” he said. “I don’t have doubts, at least. I’m not sure how things will go, but that doesn’t mean I doubt myself.”

“Good,” Melissa said, and smiled. “I think that means I’m ready.”

“Ready?” Danny looked confused. “Mommy didn’t say you were going to go...”

“I’m not going,” Melissa replied. “I’m returning.”

Danny was even more confused.

Melissa looked at the ceiling. “I was a nun when Mommy found me,” she said. “Glynis was my blood sister... I remember now. I’d been having bad dreams for awhile, and I had to see Ruby.”

“Glynis is... your sister?”

“Glynis caught a very bad disease because she loved with all of herself. I think you know what I mean... in any case, I decided that I was going to give that up. I was going to do what I thought was loving purely, and give my heart to God. But... that’s not enough. Not to help my sister.”

“So... Ruby and Glynis are going back to find a cure?”

Melissa laughed. “Something like that. It’s going to be a journey. You’ll be going to L.A. with Mommy’s friend, and by the time you get there, everything should be okay. We can all come home and play together again.”

Danny remembered Mommy telling him he had to use his powers, and Ruby telling him in a dream that even if he tried, he couldn’t abuse them. ‘I think it’s time I really tested that, though...’

“Melissa,” Danny said. “Look at me.”

Melissa gasped at Danny’s sudden assertiveness, and hesitantly looked Danny in the eyes.

And saw something different in them.

“You don’t have to give that up, you know...” Danny whispered. “Giving your heart to God, that is... just because you love sex so much. You know?”

Melissa’s eyes started to droop as she felt something inside her expand, feeling weary, constrained. She listened to Danny’s words. They felt like truth.

“Don’t feel guilty, sister,” Danny went on, keeping eye contact. “God still loves you.” He didn’t know where the words were coming from.

“I’m going to be here soon,” Melissa whispered. “Here, and not there.”

Danny noticed Melissa’s eyes had glazed over. ‘This power of mine... does it put people into a dream state? It seems like I’m talking directly into her subconscious. Regardless of what Ruby said... I have to be careful. I can’t just experiment on my sister.

‘Instead... I’ll do my best to help her.’

“Here is good,” Danny said. “If you want to be here and not there, just be here. It’s okay.”

“I’m already here.” Melissa’s eyes were sparkling with tears. “Hold me, Gabriel.”

Danny’s eyes widened. ‘Gabriel? How does she know about that?’

He finally put two and two together, from reflecting on Melissa’s previous words and on the things he’d heard while in this place. ‘Does that mean that Melissa was still alive, but just now... just now...’

He broke eye contact and looked at his hand. ‘I... I’m not ready after all... I’m afraid... I’m still very afraid...’

Melissa’s eyes closed and she was soon visibly asleep.

* * *

TO BE CONTINUED IN “Turn Up the Volume”