The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Cigar Monitor

By E.S. Morwood

Chapter Nine

In the days that followed Linda’s condition stabilized but she was still listed as critical.

Ted’s transformation heightened, so much so, that even Nancy finally noticed.

He was growing a goatee and he got his hair buzzed down. He also started wandering around in biker leathers. He was now smoking more than I do, and most irksome to Mom, Frank and the sisters, he would often not come visit Linda in the hospital. Frank muttered once, “I want to kill the bastard.”

* * *

I was still left with a quandary about whom I should offer next as a candidate to Mr. Spackle.

A few days later I was at home and there was a knock at the door. I was expecting Rod to come over so I was wearing something alluring: white briefs, a torn muscle T, my cowboy hat, and of course a cigar firmly jammed in my mouth. I was trying to get him to come by more often because I wanted to keep an eye on him. I didn’t want him to go back to the Alumni site and I figured if he was with me, I could prevent that.

I opened the door and there in front of me was Sgt. Sergeant. He looked me up and down and said, “I hope I didn’t catch you at a bad time.”

I recovered quickly. “No. Not at all officer. I just wasn’t expecting anyone.”

“I can see you like to dress very casually when you’re at home.”

“Yeah… What can I do for you?”

“Do you mind if I come in. I would like to talk to your about your brother-in-law.”

“Sure. Where are my manners? Come on in and have a seat. Let me put some pants on. Just give me a sec.”

I escorted Sgt. Sergeant into my living room and went into the bedroom and put on a pair of sweat pants. When I returned I asked, “Can I get you anything? Coffee, tea, a cigar?”

“No thank you nothing. I don’t smoke. I used to but my ex-wife made me give it up. I won’t take up too much of your time. I’ve just come across some information that I thought you would be the best person in your family to talk to about it.”

I sat down in the seat across from him and asked, “About Edward?”

“Yes.”

“Shoot.”

“First I want to say that I’m doing this out of respect for your father. He’s a good man and he has done a lot for this town, and I don’t want to see him or his family suffer because of anything one of it’s members may or may not have done. He gave me my first job at his trucking firm, before I became a cop and I feel I owe him something. He was sort of a father figure to me. I also want to say that I’m breaking all the rules by telling you this.” he confided.

I pulled at my cigar and doffed the ash into an ashtray.

“I understand Sgt. Sergeant, and thank you for your candor. You have my word that what you tell me tonight will not go beyond these walls.”

“Greg. Call me Greg.”

“Sure… Greg. What has Edward done?”

Greg looked at me and said, “In doing some investigation into Mrs. Wilson’s accident I stumbled across some information that seemed relevant. It seems Mr. Wilson’s associate Kevin Williams didn’t want to go to his house for dinner the evening of the accident. Mr. Wilson practically begged him to join him.”

I looked at the tip of my cigar and said, “That’s odd, and certainly out of character, but there’s nothing particularly suspicious about that.”

“It gets more interesting. In the days that have since followed, Mr. Wilson has undergone a fairly radical change in behavior, wouldn’t you say?”

I nodded and had to agree. I didn’t add that I was partially responsible for those radical changes.

“He has been seen at various questionable bars in town. He got into a fight, was arrested and thrown into the drunk-tank. He kept yelling ‘That guy called me an effing faggot! I’m not a effing faggot!’—excuse my French. He was released the next morning and the judge dismissed all charges.

“What are you getting at Greg?”

“I think that Mr. Wilson intentionally pushed his wife down the stairs and made it look like an accident. Since then he’s been racked with guilt and has been punishing himself ever since. How else could you explain this strange behavior?”

I rubbed my hand through my crew cut and said, “I’ll be honest with you Greg and,” I added, “I would appreciate it if you kept this to yourself.”

Greg nodded yes.

“As far as I’m concerned Edward is an enormous dick-wad and an asshole to boot,—excuse my French, and I wouldn’t put it past him to have done exactly what you suggest. However these are pretty serious accusations. Do you have any proof?”

“No. Not yet. But I wont lie to you Bill. Mr. Wilson has a bit of a nasty reputation is town. His crooked deals and questionable conduct in the past have left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. Few would be surprised if he did not try to murder your sister. In fact many would have expected it. They all thought that Mr. Wilson married Linda MacDonald for the money.

“So what can I do?”

“Mr. Wilson seems to be as close to you as any in your family. That may not be saying much but if you had any clues or suggestions that you could give me that would be helpful.”

I stood up and paced. It seems my theory about the Cigar Monitor Web Site was true. If you went in an asshole, you came out an asshole. If you were a decent guy when you went in, you came out a decent guy – just a decent guy who smoked cigars and liked to fuck burley men.

Then I had an awful thought. I was going to need a new partner when Rod got his life back and I liked this guy. Not only because he was attractive, but because he was decent. He actually reminded me of a younger Frank. I shook the idea out of my head. But the selfish thought of killing two birds with one stone seemed elegantly simple.

Greg said conversationally, “I take it your not married.”

I looked at him and said, “Is it that obvious?”

He laughed and said, “Your place looked like it was decorated by a man; a lot of wood and leather. Your whole apartment looks like a Den and no wife of mine would ever let me answer a door in my underwear.”

I chuckled. “No I guess that’s true. You’re divorced you said.”

“Yes. The life of a cop’s wife is a hard one. Clarisse couldn’t take it.”

“Any kids?”

“No. We tried but there were… plumbing problems. I wanted to adopt but she was against the idea.” he said sadly. And then he realized that I was adopted and felt awkward.

“I’m sorry to hear that. I’m all for adoption as you can well guess. I’m sure you would have made a great Dad.”

I was in a quandary. I had the exact proof Greg needed to haul Ted into the slammer and he would be out of our lives forever. The problem was I couldn’t just give him the floppy of the email I copied. It would mean that I was withholding evidence. Greg was obviously a straight-arrow kind of guy but I also knew that he was an honorable one.

I went over and crushed out my cigar and said, “OK. There is one thing. But you have to swear that you’ll won’t tell anyone how you came by it.”

Greg raised an eyebrow and nodded. “I swear.”

I sat down and reached for another cigar. Then I looked at Greg and said, “I’m sorry. I should have asked in you minded me smoking in front of you.”

Greg said, “Don’t worry. This is your home and I actually like the smell of cigars.”

I nodded, lighted up and gathered my thoughts.

“OK. On the evening of the day when Linda fell, I dropped by the house to pick Edward up. His car was supposed to be broken down, but it had obviously been recently driven. It was still ticking from the heat. I didn’t think anything of it at the time and thought that he had managed to get it working. I came inside the house and found Edward coming in from the back yard. He was surprised to see me. My sister Nancy told me that he had come home to take a shower but he had obviously not had one yet. He said he wanted to take the garbage out.

He then went upstairs to shower and I wandered into the living room to wait. It was then that I happened to see an open email on his computer. It was addressed to Edward from a woman named Brandi.”

Greg frowned at me as if his ethics were being tested, but he looked very interested.

“I know, I know, I shouldn’t have read it but I did. It was a love letter. It seems Edward was having a torrid affair with this woman. I didn’t connect the email with Linda’s accident, but after what you just told me it may be useful.”

Greg bit his lip and chewed on the information for a while.

“That’s very interesting. It seems that a young woman named Brandi Burdock, a known prostitute, was murdered the same afternoon that your sister fell. We had no leads or suspects.”

“You don’t think that Edward murdered her?”

Greg ignored my question and asked, “You said that you saw him coming from the backyard. Was he carrying anything?”

“No.”

Sgt. Sergeant then put his open hands together and brought them to his mouth and exhaled. Then he slapped both hands on his knees and stood up.

“Well Bill, this has proven to be a very informative talk. It seems we make a great team. I’ll get a warrant to check out Mr. Wilson’s computer and have a look in his back yard.”

As Greg got up to go, the thought that I wanted to make him Mr. Spackles second victim crossed my mind again. I felt if I could just get him to the site we could make a great team.

I reached out my hand and he shook it firmly.

“I want to thank you again for looking out for my families interests. I think you’re just a decent man and I admire decent men. You may find a collection of big-breasted porn on his computer too. In fact I may have sent him a link for one site in particular. Would you like to have a look?” I said suggestively.

“Greg looked awkward and said, “No… thanks anyway. I don’t much care for porn. It’s a big waste of time in my opinion. Big-Breasted women or not.”

I shook my head and said, “Sorry. I didn’t mean to offend.”

“No problem. Some guys at the station email me crude jokes and pictures. I think the do it just to pull my leg. They’re really great guys otherwise.”

“What are you into?” I asked affably.

“Trucks.”

* * *

Rod came over later in the evening and we made love. As we were cuddling in the gloom he got all serious and said, “ I need to tell you that I made love to my wife last night.”

I was surprised and a little jealous but I said, “That’s OK.”

“Don’t be jealous. I was thinking of you the whole time. However I was surprised that I could actually get it up at all. It made her day and I felt really good about it.”

I was quiet for a moment and said. “Maybe the effects of the Cigar Monitor Site are wearing off. Maybe it’s like an allergy and after a lot of exposure you just don’t itch anymore. Maybe you’re becoming straight again.”

The thought had obviously not crossed his mind. But before he could say anything I said quietly, “Look Rod, I know you were never happy being turned into who you are today.”

Rod looked hurt but before he could protest I continued, “All I’m saying is that if you do become straight again, I’ll still love you and I’ll cherish the times we had together as lovers and friends. However I wont stand in your way if you want to go back to Diane.

“I don’t think that’s going to happen.” he said guiltily, but I knew the thought had crossed his mind.

“All I’m saying is that I don’t care if it happens or not. In fact I would be happy for you. As long as you’re happy, I’m happy. Now kiss me you big lug and show me how that handsome P.A. of yours works again.”