The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Crimson Azure

CHAPTER 4

PREVIOUSLY... Over dinner, Crimson and Azure discussed several things, from chatting about former classmates to planning for a big dinner a few days later.

The day after the assassination attempt, they are preparing for the press conference. At Town Square, the two CEOs are doing some last-minute straightening up before the conference begins, trying to look a professional as possible.
Vanessa is brushing off Crimson’s suit as thoroughly as possible. Crimson calls over his shoulder to Azure.
CRIMSON:

So Morpheus, how’re you going to deliver your part?

Azure doesn’t move because Aphrodite is straightening his tie.
AZURE:

What do you mean?

CRIMSON:

I’m gonna try to make it sound like Lincoln’s the villian and we’re the heroes. With any luck, the media will begin to join our cause, as will the law.

AZURE:

I guess I could try to rally support and claim it’s to stop Lincoln’s reign of terror. Maybe we should start a fund together? It would certainly raise money for the both of us.

CRIMSON:

Donations en masse? Sounds good...

AZURE:

How’s the crowd today, Aphrodite?

Aphrodite moves to peek around the curtain.
APHRODITE:

There appear to be a hundred or so people. They seem to be getting anxious.

CRIMSON:

Let’s get this over with, then.

They both step out, subordinates following. Crimson is flanked by Vanessa and Banshee, both wearing humble trenchcoats, while Azure and Aphrodite show up in their normal business attire. The audience responds with applause, welcoming the two CEOs into the spotlight. Crimson steps up to the lone podium. He taps the microphone mounted in front of him, and a POOF can be heard on the loudspeakers.
CRIMSON:

Is everything good? Can the people in the back hear me? Alright. I’m sure you’re all tired of these, as often as they come, so I’m gonna try and get through this as quickly as possible.

The audience is dead silent. Suddenly, Crimson starts sounding more professional and serious.
CRIMSON:

Last night, yet another attempt has been made on my life. I’ve lost count of how many times this has happened in the last year, and like any normal person would, I just want it to stop... For good. Because I am SICK OF IT!

The audience seems stunned by the force used to deliver those last few words. For the first time in public, this playboy company owner sounds genuinely pissed.
CRIMSON:

...And to make it worse, these assassins have been coming so frequently that I can barely even sleep at night! Not only is it hurting my property and my employees, but the damages they cause are driving the customers away! Now, as Chief Executive Official of my own psychiatry firm, I am aware that that means there are now a lot of mentally unstable people, out there on the streets, who are unable to get the help they need because of this! And I’ll be blunt... THIS PISSES ME OFF!

The crowd seems to debate among itself. Crimson continues.
CRIMSON:

And apparently, their leader is a so-called vigilante named Lincoln. Well, I have a question for this Mister Lincoln: I don’t know what you’re trying to pull, but you’re resorting to assassination and terrorism to hurt my business, and you’re trying to make it look like I’M the BAD GUY?! Quit deluding yourself, pal! You’re only making YOURSELF look bad!

The crowd seems to be muttering in agreement.
CRIMSON:

And I am not the only target here, people! During this last assassination attempt, I happened to have been having a conversation with Mr. Morpheus Azure. Lincoln has apparently targetted him as well! Perhaps Mr. Azure knows the reason?

The mutters of agreement turns into hushed whispers of worry. Crimson turns to Azure and gestures for him to step forward. Azure approaches the podium.
AZURE:

While I may not know the exact reason yet, my best guess would be the fairly obvious choice: power. Azure Industries and the Crimson Syndicate are the top two companies in the city. We produce more income than any other local company. This man seems to be attacking BOTH of our companies solely on that basis.

More mutters of agreement.
AZURE:

It will not be long before this terrorism escalates to hurting innocent people who have simply purchased our services like honest, law-abiding citizens. Personally, I’m surprised it hasn’t already! That’s why we both feel, from the bottom of our hearts, that we need YOU, the people of this city, to help us as we have helped you. As of today, we will hold the Crimson-Azure Peace Fund, so your donations will help us stop this threat to society!

The crowd applauds loudly.
AZURE:

We will NOT be moved! We will NOT be swayed! WE WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!

The crowd finally bursts into cheers. Reporters and civilians alike were chanting their names.
CROWD:

Crimson! Azure! Crimson! Azure! Crimson! Azure! Crimson! Azure!

After a minute of chanting, the audience settled back down.
AZURE:

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them.

Crimson leans over to the microphone.
CRIMSON:

Ask either of us any question you want about what was said today.

Several hands are raised in the front row. Crimson points to one reporter.
CRIMSON:

Yes ma’am, in the yellow jacket?

The reporter stands up, a brunette wearing a canary yellow cardigan.
REPORTER 1:

Denise Millia, from The Daily Watch. What will the funds go toward? Supplies, new job opportunities, or is it for something bigger?

Azure answers.
AZURE:

A mixture of all three. I have a group of robots specifically programmed to scan data and search for leads on this terrorist. My company is always hiring engineers, since we could use an extra hand or two to build more of them. The only thing more important than apprehending this villian, I think, is to still be able to help the public.

More hands went up.
CRIMSON:

Yes sir, in the brown suit?

This reporter also stands up, wearing a humble brown suit.
REPORTER 2:

Yes, Carlton Daniels, from WNOD. How do you intend to capture this Lincoln character?

The two CEOs glanced at each other.
CRIMSON:

Well, uh, we’re still trying to get organized for this whole thing, but one of my first tries will probably be to send some telemarketers after him.

The crowd laughs at Crimson’s joke. Only a couple more hands rose.
CRIMSON:

Yes ma’am, in the purple?

Another female reporter stands up.
REPORTER 3:

Hi, Violet Smith from the Watchful Eye. Are you aware of the rumors that surround both of your companies?

However subtle, Azure notices that upon hearing this question, Crimson tenses up.
CRIMSON:

...such as?

REPORTER 3:

It has been said that your company is part of a human trafficking ring, using your psychiatry skills to trick your clients into such dealings.

Crimson relaxes.
CRIMSON:

Not only is that a childish assumption, but it is also false. I would never use my skills in such a way. People who feel they need my help, I let them come to me first.

REPORTER 3:

And what about your friend Morpheus Azure? There are similar rumors about him as well.

Her tone as she says this seems demeaning and suspicious. This time, it’s Azure who answers.
AZURE:

I honestly and respectfully deny any such rumors. As Mister Crimson said, they are childish and false, and there is no reason for them to be pursued any further.

Crimson checks his watch.
CRIMSON:

Well, I’m afraid that’s all the time we have for today. I hope we’ve answered all the right questions for you.

After a minute of smiling for the cameras, they move backstage. Crimson lets out a sigh of relief.
CRIMSON:

....That last one was WAY too close for comfort.

AZURE:

Want me to take care of her?

CRIMSON:

Wait until she tries to investigate. If she does, then you can do what you want with her.

AZURE:

Alright. Aphrodite, see if you can find information on Miss Violet Smith, just in case.

Aphrodite simply nods.
APHRODITE:

It will be done, sir.

Azure adjusts his glasses. He seems to have a devious look in his eye.
AZURE:

If she does try to poke her nose in our business, she would make a nice test subject for one of my devices...

CRIMSON:

I guess with all of this suspicion going around, we should be extra careful... For both of our sakes.

AZURE:

That one reporter shouldn’t be a problem. For now, let’s focus more on countering Lincoln.

CRIMSON:

Right.

As they prepare to leave, they hear a muffled cry for help. In reaction, they head towards the noise. They turn the corner and see Banshee apprehending the reporter from earlier. She has a hand over the victim’s mouth so nobody would hear her screams for help.
Crimson smirks in relief.
CRIMSON:

Huh.... we got a tailgater.

Banshee answers.
BANSHEE:

Mister Crimson, I found this woman following you and Mister Azure.

CRIMSON:

Good work, Miss Rhodes. Let her speak.

Banshee shifts her hand down from the victim’s mouth, almost mechanically. Crimson can now see the victim’s face clearly. His smirk grows wider.
CRIMSON:

Well, well... If it isn’t Miss Violet Smith.

Smith looks up to him, there is a look of retribution.
SMITH:

There have been countless disappearances of young women, as well as radical changes in their behavior. I know you’re behind them!

CRIMSON:

Damn right I am... and with my pants down, no less.

That little remark seems to have upset her, as she spits in his face and struggles to break free, but her efforts are in vain. Crimson moans in disgust, pulling out a handkerchief and wiping his face.
CRIMSON:

Ugh, sonuva.... Dammit, she’s a sprayer...

Then he wipes off his glasses, he puts them on and glares at her.
CRIMSON:

I think SOMEONE needs a major attitude adjustment...

AZURE:

I will be happy to provide that.

All three of them look at Azure, confused.
AZURE:

I have a prototype I’ve been meaning to test, anyways.

He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a medical syringe, filled with what looks like a cloudy sapphire gel. Smith panics at this.
SMITH:

Wh-what is that?!

AZURE:

It took man several million years to evolve into homosapiens. And yet it only took machines a couple of decades to reach that same point. What looks like gel in this syringe is actually a compound holding approximately two hundred and fifty parts per million of test subjects.

SMITH:

....meaning?

AZURE:

These... are nanites. Built AS machines, BY machines. Imagine cramming two THOUSAND computer modems into the human body on a near-molecular level. You cannot imagine how many hours were spent making these, programming them, finding the right compound to contain them in...

Azure looks to Smith with a sinister gleam in his eye. He grips Smith by her hair and jerks her head to the side, exposing her jugular. Her breathing grows harder, out of fear and anxiety.
AZURE:

We intend for the finished product to improve the five senses... Increase healing, heighten reflexes, boost the immune system... Hell, we might even cure cancer and AIDS with this stuff... All I ask in return...

He gently pokes the needle into her neck, injecting her with the solution. She winces, and Azure now has this madly devilish grin on his face. He pulls out the syringe and lets go of her hair.
AZURE:

...is that you submit to me. Enjoy your last moments of free will...

Smith’s body starts to shake. Her breathing starts to grow heavier. Her eyes are wide, as if she’s being driven mad by fear. Azure turns calmly to Crimson.
AZURE:

We can let her go. I doubt she’ll be able to go very far before they activate.

Crimson smirks.
CRIMSON:

Feeling sadistic, are we? Miss Rhodes, release her.

Banshee releases Smith, who bolts out, clutching her head in pain. She stumbles along the alley until the pain becomes so intense it makes her stop a short ways away. Finally, she lets out a futile shriek of agony before she falls silent and collapses.
Crimson sighs in relief.
CRIMSON:

Well... That’s that, huh?

AZURE:

Not quite. I’d like to see if my experiment was a success.

Azure walks over to the limp body.
AZURE:

...Azure Persona Unit, activate.

After a few moments, Smith slugglishly sits up. Her voice comes in an almost sleepy monotone.
SMITH:

....Azure Persona Unit active, designation Alpha, Zero, Zero, Zero, Six.

AZURE:

Unit Six, stand up straight.

Smith responds almost instantly, standing up.
SMITH:

Processing... Unit Six acknowledges command.

She straightens herself up. Her face can be clearly seen now, and her dark green eyes are distant and blank.
Azure tries to recreate how Crimson spoke to Banshee the other day.
AZURE:

You will erase all memory of what happened in the past two minutes.

Smith mechanically responds almost instantly.
SMITH:

Deleting selected memory..... Target deleted.

Azure smiles.
AZURE:

Good girl. You will not pursue those rumors any further. You will go home and rest. If anyone asks, you feel nauseous and need to return home. When you do, await further instructions. Go now, and return to consciousness in thirty seconds.

SMITH:

Processing... Unit Six acknowledges command.

And with that, she leaves, strutting away like a mechanical doll. Crimson looks to his friend with an expression of amazement.
CRIMSON:

...And to think yesterday, you were calling ME a genius...

Azure pulls out his cellphone and dials a number. A few seconds later someone picks up.
AZURE:

Afternoon, Makoto. I’m calling because I have good news about those nanites... Group Seven was a complete success.

CHAPTER END.