The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Note 1: This is a sex and bondage story. If you object to either don’t read any farther.

Note 2: This story may be reproduced as long as there is no charge to use it, I am given credit for my work, and all notes are retained.

Author’s Note: This is the last chapter of the opening section of my story. The character are all introduced, the framework laid, and the plot running. If you want any more I will need to hear from you.

Master E. at

* * *

The Darkling War

—Chapter 3: Crisis in the Council (no sex)

Jonathan Spiegel, an elderly man, brought the council to order. His hull head of hair was entirely white. His six foot two frame, rugged and worn. His eye’s, though, held every bit of intelligence they had when he had been far younger. “Comments?", he invited.

“We have a mad Darkling on our hands,” retorted Judith Lahey. Sister Superior of a local church, her form was shrouded beneath her traditional habit. Grey eyes raked the room. “One madder than any who have come before.”

Lewis Hammerson, the Dean of a different choice remarked, “Maybe, maybe not.”

“And how else would you describe a Darkling that fights openly before the public?", she shot back.

“Attacked,” Lewis replied. “Brenda’s report makes it clear that Murden was the aggressor.”

“Perhaps. But Murden’s assassin was cloaked in glamor. Brenda has told us that this second Darkling made no attempt to shield himself, or his work.”

“I’m actually curious on how the authorities are reacting to this,” Jonathan observed.

Brian Tucker, a federal agent, responded, “Confused.” Brian was instrumental in bring Darkling activity to the council’s attention when the dark creatures became incautious. He was wearing a conservative suit over a rugged, five foot eight form. His dark hair was cut short and his blue eyes was nervous.”

“How confused?", Lewis asked.

Brian shook his head. “Chicago is a mess right now. There are about a half dozen federal agencies trying to figure it all out. FBI is calling it a terrorist bomb, blaming the strange reports on shock and confusion on the part of the survivors. The CIA is saying that it was a nerve gas bomb, thus explaining the explosions and the weird reports. The organized crime people are saying it’s the start of a mob war.

“There are also reports that the senior echelon’s of the major Chicago families are missing. At the same time the Deputy Mayor, a dozen members of Police Headquarters, a third of the street cops, and an alarming number of other city officials have been struck by some mind destroying disease.”

Jonathan asked quickly, “What disease?”

“No one knows. Test show that all the higher brain functions are stopped. Every one of them has become a human vegetable. Most are for treating the incident as a separate problem from the park. Others are claiming it proves that nerve gas was released, They just can’t explain why so few people were affected.

“Finally, there are signs that a real mob/gang war my be starting. When all the senior people gone a lot of people seem to be settling some personal scores. Chicago will be a war zone within the month.”

“What do we now about the people suffering from this ‘disease’?", Marian Lucas asked. The older woman wore a plain dress. Her long, flowing hair a mix of her natural brown and highlights of silver. Her hazel eyes were set off by the simple, yet elegant jewelry she wore.

Brian answered, “Everyone who has fallen ill, or disappeared had been identified as a Dark Servant, or was suspected.”

Lewis asked, “Does that tell us anything?”

“Perhaps,” replied Jonathan. “We know that Darklings put mental hooks into all their servants. Perhaps we are seeing what happens when those hooks are pulled out suddenly.”

“We’ve never seen this before,” Judith stated.

“Perhaps this new Darkling had abandoned Murden’s people,” observed Lewis.

“That’s not typical, Lewis,” remarked Brian. “Every Darkling battle we have seen has resulted in the victor taking over the losers operations.”

“That’s not the only odd thing, though,” he countered. Turning to Brenda he asked, “Are you positive that this was a male Darkling that called in females to protect him, and that he protected them from Murden’s final assault as well.?”

Brenda nodded. “I’m positive, Sir.”

The council exchanged glances. Darklings, male or female, had little use for the opposite sex outside the bedroom. They certainly never used them as bodyguards.

“Where did his power come from?”

“Sir?”

“You were unimpressed with him when you first saw him. You expected him to fall quickly. True?”

“Yes, Sir. He appeared to be relatively weak.”

“Yet he managed to pull defenders in through the whole battle, move the earth, shield himself as well as all his defends, and then destroy Roger Murden, the Master Darkling of Chicago. Where did all that power come from?”

Brenda could only shrug.

“Certainly that proves we are dealing with a very dangerous Darkling,” noted Judith.

Lewis refuted, “Or a different type of creature all together.”

“I don’t know,” Brian interjected. “We have Brenda’s report giving him all the telltale signs of a Darkling. Murder, manipulation, evil. He’s got to be a Darkling.”

“And yet there is other evidence that says he can’t be. Brenda says he appeared confused when he was first attacked. What Darkling would be surprised to find another Darkling trying to kill him?

“Murden’s servants in Chicago are little more than puppets with their strings cut. What Darkling would let a defeated opponents organization crash into ruin?

“He was protected by women. Something no male Darkling would do.

“He appeared concerned for his protectors. Why else would he provide a fortification? Or allow his warriors to go to the aid of a fallen comrade?

“There too much contradicting evidence.”

Marian asked, “If he’s not a Darkling, then what is he?”

“The One,” came the reply.

The council turned to where three children were playing in the floor. It could be considered odd to find them there, but the whole council knew that these innocents were the channels that the Powers That Be used to communicate with them.

Glancing at the other Jonathan prompted, “The One?”

“The Shadow that Walks in the Light,” answered the first boy.

“He who divides what is united,” continued the girl.

“He who brings Balance to the Order,” said the second boy.

“As it was written, so it is. The One has arrived,” they chanted in unison.

Just as suddenly as it had begun, it ended. The council was again facing three child playing before them.

“And just what did that mean?", Jonathan demanded.

“A prophecy,” suggested Denis Cook. He was a small man, five foot two and wiry. His hair was a mess and his eyes appeared dazed, looking like a classic absent-minded professor. Still, he was one of the best researches in the world able to ferret out a trail of information where all other found nonsense and confusion.

“A prophecy?", Judith questioned.

“That line at the end. ‘As it was written, so it is.’ Sounds like there could be a prophecy to explain this.”

“Ok, Denis,” said Jonathan, “you look and see if there is anything in the ancient texts that can explain this. Meanwhile we’ll convene the full Council of Light and give the report.”

“We should also recommend that our agents avoid a confrontation with this Darkling,” Lewis stated.

Judith sniped, “Afraid they’ll hurt your mysterious Darkling?”

Patiently Lewis returned, “No, Judith, but he is a puzzle, and I don’t think we want any of our people messing with him until we know what all his tricks are.”

Jonathan nodded. “An excellent suggestion, Lewis. I’ll see if I can get observe only orders put out.” When Judith grumbled he continued, “At least until Denis has done his research and we have a better idea of what we are dealing with.”

“If there is nothing else, I recommend we adjourn.”

When no one else had anything to say the various members broke up and went about their business.