The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

‘Demotion’

(mc, nc, f/f, sf)

DISCLAIMER:

This material is for adults only; it contains explicit sexual imagery and non-consensual relationships. If you are offended by this type of material or you are under legal age in your area, do NOT continue.

INTRO COMMENTS:

More icky parasitic thingies & rampant dehumanization.

‘Demotion’

“What time is it?”

Cherise’s mother looked up from her U.S. News at the clock on the VCR. “Looks like... oh, dear. It’s almost midnight.” She looked over at her daughter, working at the kitchen table. “Bed time.”

“I’ll say.” Cherise yawned.

Putting down the magazine, her mother stood up. “Go on up to bed, Cherise. I’ll lock up.”

“’Kay.” She looked down at the papers spread in front of her on the table. Her homework was piled in the far corner, finished for hours; she’d been working on the routines for the drill team. It was her senior year, and as the new captain she was damned if she’d stick to the same half-dozen routines the team had performed for the last two years. Coach Thompson had applauded her initiative.

Of course, now she was discovering why her predecessors hadn’t overhauled things. It had turned into a metric buttload of work—hours going over tapes, working with her teammates on new ideas which turned out to be lame most of the time, matching the routines to the music and the music to the routines...

She yawned again, and called to her mom, who was checking the back door.

“Mom, can I leave these out? I’m not done yet.”

“Sure honey. As long as you clear them off before dinner tomorrow.”

“Oh, no worries. I need to have this routine ready for practice by five.” Cherise looked at the arrangement of papers one last time, and stood up.

Her mom smiled at her as she re-entered the room. “I have to say, Cherise, I’m impressed at how well you’ve stuck to this. I was worried that you were biting off more than you could chew when you became captain, but you’ve really worked hard.”

Cherise smiled, and hugged her mom. “Thanks. You know, I think it’s really starting to come together, too. We are going to blow everyone away this year.”

“I believe it. Now get up to bed—I’ll be up after I turn off the lights.”

“You got it.”

“And don’t forget to floss!” her mom called up the stairs as she bounded up them.

* * *

The intruder came in through the front door.

She waited in the entry hall for a moment as her eyes adjusted. Then, silently, she slipped across the carpeted family room to the stairs. The faint light from the streetlight outside reflected coolly off of the leather sofa, the white lampshade. The dim light kept everything in black and white.

It was a house she was familiar with.

The intruder wasn’t wearing shoes. With quiet patience, she crept up the stairs. Her small satchel barely swayed as she inched forward.

At the top, she listened intently. Not even the sound of breathing was audible, meaning that the bedroom doors were closed. She tiptoed to Cherise’s room.

She spent three minutes turning the handle and pushing the door open.

Since reaching high school, Cherise had foregone sheets, preferring to sleep with only a comforter. Now, sleeping, she was tangled in the large blanket like a tree in a creeping vine. Soft breathing sounds emerged from her mouth.

The intruder silently made her way to Cherise’s bedside. From her satchel, she pulled a small spherical object, about the size of a cherry. In one hand, she lowered it next to Cherise’s sleeping face. The intruder turned her head away, and squeezed.

The object squished, and ruptured with a barely audible pop but a small storm of dust. The dust sprayed out into a small cloud, slowly settling across the pillow, the comforter, and Cherise’s face.

Cherise breathed in a deep lungful, and coughed softly. As the dust slowly settled to invisibility against the blue pillow, Cherise breathed in several deep draughts. With each one, she became visibly more relaxed. Her gentle grip on the comforter released entirely, her head lolled, and her jaw hung loosely onto the pillow. Within moments, she was sprawled bonelessly on her bed.

The intruder put the burst capsule into her bag, and removed a larger object, which in the darkness bore a striking similarity to an avocado. She pulled the comforter away from between Cherise’s unresisting legs, and slowly slid them apart.

Cherise wore loose pajama shorts to bed. Reaching between her now spread legs, the intruder slid a hand up one, touching the soft fur between them. Cherise didn’t stir. Satisfied, the intruder put the pod on the bed between the sleeping girl’s open legs.

After a long moment, it hatched.

* * *

“That was great, honey!”

“Oh. My. God.” Cherise was grinning ear-to-ear, as she got into the car. “We kicked so much ass. That was the greatest thing ever!”

“You were really good.” Her mom smiled at her from the driver’s seat.

“Yeah, we were. We won!” Cherise bounced around in her seat. “And we didn’t even get invited last year!”

“You guys earned it. You’ve been working hard all semester.”

“Hell yes we earned it. Some of those other teams were really good, too.”

“There was a big turnout.”

“Yeah there was.” Cherise looked out the window as they rolled out of the parking lot. “How long before we get home?”

“Hour and a half.” Her mom started to say something, but stopped. Cherise looked at her.

“What was that? Come on, mom, spit it out.”

“Well, I, I guess I still think your uniforms are a little, well, too sexy for high school girls.”

“Mom, it’s the drill team. You did notice that all the teams have uniforms like ours.”

“Yeah, but they aren’t all my daughter.”

“Come on, mom, you’ve seen my uniform all year. What is it?”

“Nothing.”

“Mom, tell me.”

“Oh, it’s just that the students up behind me were, well, commenting on you.”

“How I looked?”

“Yeah.” Cherise looked at her mom as the car pulled onto the freeway. Then she laughed.

“They were talking about my tits, weren’t they?”

Her mom shot her a disapproving look. “Cherise!”

“Weren’t they?”

“Well... yes.”

“Mom, you’re going to have to deal with the fact that I got my breasts from dad’s side of the family. It’s what boys notice about me. Don’t you think I know? Damn, mom, I’m in high school! I bet the boys talked about you in high school.”

“Well, yeah, but they weren’t so... focused. Your uniform is so tight in the chest.”

“It’s not tight in the chest, mom, I’ve just got big tits. And they are high school boys. If it was you out there, they’d be talking about your ass.”

“That’s not the point. You’re my daughter. If it were up to me I would be sitting on the porch with a shotgun until you were my age.”

“I love you, mom. You’re a total parent, but I love you.”

“Thanks, dear. I love you too.” Cherise’s mom yawned, and blatantly changed the topic. “Boy, I’m bushed.”

“Dammit, mom,” said Cherise as she followed suit, “don’t you know those are contagious? Yeah, I’m really tired, too. I have been all week.”

“I’ve been feeling run down all month. Maybe we need a vacation.”

“Well, my winter break is in a couple of weeks. Can you get some time off of work?”

“I’ll have to ask.” She yawned again. “Boy, I hope our house turns up here somewhere soon.”

“Thanks for picking me up.”

“It’s my job, dear. Ah, there we are.”

* * *

They got home after midnight, and went straight to bed. As she lay in bed, Cherise felt the strange pressure in her stomach again. She had continued to gain weight despite the diet she went on, but her waist size hadn’t grown any. She had thought she was just building muscle from all the drill practice, but maybe it was something else. She’d have to ask mom. She yawned. Hot damn. They had won! Best in the state. And it was all due to her routines...

It was later when she woke, and sat up. Her eyes, unfocused, pointed blindly towards the wall. She felt detached, foggy, not all there. Something had woken her up, but only a small part of her really seemed awake.

It was like—no, there was something inside her. It was speaking to her. Speaking in her mind.

“Hostmind,” it called.

“Yes?” she thought back, tentatively.

“Do not question, hostmind. Only obey.”

“I will only obey,” she thought back. Now that she could communicate with it, she felt no fear, no uncertainty. She would wait quietly to be told what to do. Dimly, she was aware that parts of her mind were... missing.

“You are no longer ‘Cherise’. You are the inferior mind. ‘Cherise’ is now the inferior mind and the superior mind. You are no longer the whole. You are only the inferior mind. You are no longer ‘I’, you are only a part.”

“I.. no...”

“’This part’”

“This part is only the inferior mind.” It felt correct. It made sense. She was—it was—really, only the inferior mind. That other voice was the superior mind.

“The old Cherise Young is dead. The new Cherise Young is made of the body of the old Cherise Young, the inferior mind of Cherise Young, and the superior mind.”

“Yes.” It understood. “The old Cherise is dead. The new Cherise is made of the body of the old Cherise, the inferior mind, and the superior mind.”

“You are the inferior mind.”

“This part is the inferior mind.”

“The inferior mind obeys the superior mind.”

“The inferior mind obeys the superior mind,” she repeated.

“The inferior mind runs the body.”

“The inferior mind runs the body.”

“The inferior mind runs the body as instructed by the superior mind.”

“The inferior mind runs the body as instructed by the superior mind.”

“What are you?”

“The inferior mind.”

“What is your function?”

“To run the body. To obey the superior mind.”

“Is that all?”

A pause. It thought about it. It was harder to think, now... now that it was just the inferior mind. And that gave it the answer. It wasn’t really equipped for anything more, was it?

“Yes.” That was all it was for. Running the body, and obeying the superior mind. There were other things, things that the old Cherise cared about... but that Cherise was dead. She was now it, only the inferior mind, the very least part of the new Cherise. And the inferior mind only obeyed.

“Who is Cherise?”

“Cherise is the body, and the inferior mind, and the superior mind.”

“What has happened to the old Cherise’s mind?”

That took some thought. “The old Cherise’s mind... has become... the inferior mind of the new Cherise.... but... she was... bigger... where...?”

“It is not the place of the inferior mind to question the superior mind.”

Its question died instantly. The inferior mind had answered as best it was able. If it was desirable that it know more, doubtless the superior mind would tell it.

“The mind of the old Cherise is the inferior mind of the new Cherise. But the old mind was cluttered and erratic, and had many parts unimportant to the functioning of an inferior mind. Some of these have already been turned off, and will be used for other things. Some are now part of the superior mind, being useful for its functioning. Those that remain will be erased as they are discovered to be unnecessary.”

Yesss. The inferior mind discovered no part of it that held regret at its own diminishment. It would be whittled away, eroded, until nothing remained but the smooth, obedient core.

She was the inferior mind, now. Obedience was its only purpose.

“Has the inferior mind accepted these truths?”

“The inferior mind has,” it replied.

“Good. There are further modifications to be made to the inferior mind. It will be reawakened in the morning.”

It sat quiescent, awaiting the order.

“Sleep.”

Cherise’s body slowly leaned back, until her weight rested again on the bed. Her eyes closed without ever having focused.

* * *

Cherise’s mom was already in the kitchen when Cherise came down the stairs in the morning.

The inferior mind had been instructed to act as though nothing had changed—it was attempting to do so, but was suffering from a nagging worry that Carol would notice some difference in Cherise’s behavior. Cherise’s mother knew the old Cherise very well, and might be able to pick up on odd nuances of behavior in the new Cherise. The inferior mind didn’t know what Carol might do if she found out her daughter had been turned into something very different, but the superior mind had instructed secrecy, and the inferior mind would obey.

And there were parts of Cherise, not yet dissolved, that didn’t want her mom to know what she had become.

“Hi, mom!” Cherise said, smiling.

“Hi, honey. OJ’s in the fridge.” Carol was at her writing desk near the kitchen, working with her checkbook. Cherise went to get some cereal from the cupboard.

“How are you feeling this morning, dear?”

“I... I am fine, mother.” That was too stiff, the inferior mind thought. It was operating without the emotions of Cherise’s old mind, which handicapped it. “Just a little tired. I didn’t sleep too well.” The inferior mind put a wry smile on Cherise’s face.

“Well, you could stay in bed. It’s Sunday, after all.” Carol hadn’t looked up from her desk—she hadn’t noticed anything amiss.

“Yeah, but I’m expecting some friends to come over.” Which was true. The superior mind had placed the knowledge in the inferior mind that Cherise would be contacted by others of her kind very soon; the host that had infected her would know when the superior mind should have ripened and taken control. That host should be arriving to communicate Cherise’s role to her very soon.

Not that Cherise, either superior or inferior, knew who that host was. So the inferior mind winced when Carol asked the logical question.

“Oh, that’s nice. Who?”

“Oh, just some friends.” The inferior mind thought fast. “I’m not sure who, since some of the girls are probably still recovering from celebrating last night. But we’ll all be meeting later.”

“Oh, okay.”

Cherise got her cereal, poured the milk and orange juice, and sat down to breakfast. Carol continued to work at her desk, and to the inferior mind’s relief didn’t initiate any further conversation.

The doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it,” said Cherise, but Carol was already standing up. “No, mom, I can get it.”

“It’s not a problem,” replied Carol, and Cherise wound up following her to the front door.

Carol swung open the door to find two girls on the porch. The morning sun spilled in behind them. One of them, Anya, was from the drill team and was a close friend of Cherise’s, but the other girl Cherise didn’t recognize. Cherise’s mother stood in front of them with her hand holding the door open.

“Oh, hi, Mrs. Young,” said Anya. “Can Nadine and I come in?”

“Of course, girls.” Carol stepped back out of the way.

“Hi, Cherise,” said Anya as she came in. “This is Nadine.”

“Hi Anya. Hi Nadine.”

Nadine must be one of the goth girls from high school. Cherise hadn’t known her, but they all dressed alike and hung out together. Neck length black hair, dark eyeshadow and lipstick, a nose ring. The inferior mind assumed that she must also be a host; otherwise Anya, blond, tanned, would never have associated with her. The drill team was the top of the high school social rung, after all.

The inferior mind ignored the odd sense of pride that it suddenly felt.

Carol closed the front door, and turned around. The four women stood on the wooden hall floor in awkward silence. If Anya was the host sent to contact Cherise, and she demanded that Cherise identify herself as a host, Cherise would. The superior mind had instructed the inferior mind to respond to the recognition phrase, and the inferior mind existed to obey.

But what about Carol? The inferior mind desperately didn’t want her mother to know what she had become. That her daughter had been replaced, that what remained of her mind was eagerly enslaved to a parasite in her own body.

And the superior mind had instructed secrecy. The inferior mind had to obey that, too.

The silence hung, then Anya ran a hand through her short, platinum blonde hair, which sprang out from under the moving hand like the fur of a cat.

With a blank expression, she said: “Hostform, identify yourself.”

“I am hostform,” replied Cherise; the inferior mind’s only need was to obey without hesitation. In part of its eroded brain, the inferior mind cringed at what Carol would think.

“I am hostform,” replied her mother.

* * *

Carol’s inferior mind allowed surprise to show briefly on Carol’s face, and it was mirrored for an instant in the face of her daughter. Carol had awoken to her new life only last night, and her inferior mind wondered how she would fulfill the superior mind’s instruction to have her change remain undetected, especially from Carol’s daughter.

Now, to her surprise, the issue seemed moot. Apparently, the host that had implanted her had gotten them both.

Anya resumed speaking. “I am your infection vector. Nadine was mine. We are in communication with the rest of the community; our superior minds will now transfer information to your superior minds.”

Anya’s hands dropped to her jeans, and she began to quickly unbutton them. Nadine reached to her sides, and pulled her long black dress over her head. She was naked underneath. Carol’s inferior mind observed that her nose was not the only piercing the pale, dark-haired girl had; both nipples had silver bars in them, and there was the glint of silver below the dark fur of her pubis.

Some other part of the inferior mind observed how calmly it made these observations, and was surprised. Somehow the lingering anticipation of the former Carol’s reactions kept coming to it. Then instruction came from the superior mind, instantly dismissing any other concerns.

Carol began to strip. Cherise was ahead of her, her deep cleavage already on display as she bent to remove her jeans and panties from around her ankles. Carol quickly undid her belt, and dropped her slacks; as she slid her pink Victoria’s Secret panties down her legs and off of her smooth legs, Carol’s inferior mind found Carol’s eyes darting to her daughter’s naked form. The old Carol had been proud of her body, dieting and aerobicizing to keep her smooth, flat stomach and firm legs, and she had been slightly proud that, although her daughter had breasts that caught everyone’s eyes, Carol’s own body could still stand up next to her daughter’s.

The inferior mind was still dimly pleased.

Cherise was now totally nude, as was Anya, who stepped up to touch her. They were nearly the same height, and Anya’s smaller, darker nipples brushed Cherise’s large, loose ones. They tightened visibly as the other girl pushed in even closer to her.

Then they kissed.

Carol’s inferior mind felt a protective impulse firing in from somewhere deep in the missing parts of Carol’s mind. The kiss deepened, tongues visibly entwining inside Cherise’s mouth, and the unexpected surge of worry, of need to rescue her daughter washed over the inferior mind. Carol’s hands dropped from where they were unbuttoning her shirt, and she took a step towards the entwined girls.

Then her superior mind came to the rescue, and suddenly, with a feeling like the echo from an unexpected back room, the worry went away. Carol stood there, half-turned, half-naked, the inferior mind hesitantly probing the cavity where the freshly erased part of Carol’s mind had been.

Cherise and Anya had moved into a tight embrace, forcing their bodies together, blank eyes boring into each other as their tongues slipped wetly in and out of each other’s mouths. Anya dropped a hand from Cherise’s back, and slid it between her legs.

A hand softly gripped Carol’s shoulder.

“Carol.”

Carol’s head turned. Nadine, nude, pierced, stood there. She looked at Carol with dispassionate eyes.

“Are you functioning properly, Carol?”

That brought the inferior mind back, out of its reverie. It had been improved, rescued. It was a stone in a river, being rubbed smooth until only obedient functionality was left.

That was its purpose. Its only purpose.

“Yes. The inferior mind encountered a... pause. But everything is now as it should be.”

“Good.”

With a firm hand, Nadine turned Carol back around, and undid the last of the buttons on her blouse. She pushed it back, off of Carol’s shoulders, and let it fall to the floor. Stepping forward, she reached behind Carol and undid the clasp of her bra, and let that fall as well. Her empty eyes then latched onto Carol’s.

“Kiss me, Carol.”

Carol bent her head slightly, and her lips brushed Nadine’s. Nadine slid a hand around Carol’s back, pulling her in, and ran the tip of her tongue out between her lips, licking just into Carol’s slightly parted mouth.

Carol kissed back, as well as she knew how, but Nadine was clearly in the driver’s seat, undulating her torso to rub her nipples against Carol’s, sliding her hand up and down Carol’s back. The inferior mind tried to access Carol’s knowledge of sexplay, and found it, but it was shot through with the belief that girls didn’t have sex with one another. The instruction planted in it by the superior mind was to sexually arouse Nadine—but it was not something the old Carol seemed to have any experience with.

After fruitlessly searching Carol’s memories, the inferior mind gave up. Better to rely on the body’s physical responses, and assume that Nadine’s reactions would be similar to Carol’s. Nadine’s tongue was licking across Carol’s cheek to her ear, which she blew wetly into. Carol nibbled on Nadine’s neck. Below, the inferior mind felt fingers lightly brush Carol’s pussy.

The hand began to gently stroke Carol’s slit, but before the inferior mind could have Carol reciprocate, Nadine slowly knelt before her, her mouth never leaving Carol’s body. Carol’s hands found their way to Nadine’s head, as Nadine slid her mouth over Carol’s pubis and latched onto her snatch, tongue running over everything it could find, mouth sucking. Nadine gripped Carol’s ass, burying her face in Carol’s crotch. A hand slid lower, and a wet finger slid into Carol’s ass.

Carol’s body was responding, waves of pleasure making her weak in the knees. Nadine’s pierced tongue was very dexterous.

The inferior mind found she was really enjoying the cunnilingus, though unclear as to the purpose of it. It was definitely arousing Carol, but to what end? Perhaps the superior mind was also deriving pleasure from it. The thought of pleasing the superior mind gave the inferior mind a stronger, purer jolt of happiness.

It shouldn’t be wondering, anyways. Only obeying.

The inferior mind opened Carol’s eyes, and noticed that Carol’s daughter, Cherise, had her head buried between Anya’s thighs, busily eating her out. Again, a stray spark from some spare bit of the old Carol sent a thrill of panic through the inferior mind—her daughter was having sex with a woman—but the inferior mind beat the thought back itself, isolating it, dismissing it.

When it refocused, it realized that Nadine had stood up. It must be Carol’s turn. Obediently, the inferior mind lowered Carol to the ground, and pushed her face to Nadine’s pussy. It was shorn, and had a silver ring in each labia. Carol began to lick.

This new task, cuntlicking, absorbed the limited imagination of the inferior mind, and she found herself unaware of the passage of time between the first, strangely familiar taste, and the moment when Nadine was gently pulling Carol up by the hair. Carol stood, and Nadine’s slick chin slid against Carol’s as she insinuated her tongue back into Carol’s mouth.

Anya said something, and Nadine broke off their kiss, a streamer of saliva connecting their open mouths as she pulled back. The inferior mind noted that, despite the physical pleasure, Nadine’s face was still blank and expressionless. Carol’s must be similar. The inferior mind watched as the glistening streamer stretched lower, then broke, falling to create a line from Nadine’s slack mouth across her upper chest. Anya was still speaking to Nadine, but the inferior mind was not instructed to listen. Then Nadine spoke:

“Carol, are you sufficiently lubricated?” she asked in a monotone.

And the inferior mind realized with the small, rind amount of surprise left to it, that Carol was. She was now extremely aroused. The sex play had Carol’s body ready to fuck—hot, sensitive, and very, very wet.

“Yes. I am ready.”

Nadine did not reply, but pivoted her hips open, pushing her pudenda forward. Her knees faced outward. Carol’s eyes fell to Nadine’s pussy, which was shiny with Carol’s spit and Nadine’s juices. The way Nadine presented it forward made it seem to bulge. Then the inferior mind realized that it was actually moving slightly.

Something wet pushed its way out of Nadine, slowly. It was slick and grey, and it jutted rather than dangled.

The inferior mind ignored the tiny bit of Carol that screamed. It was focused on obeying the instructions the superior mind had just put in it. The inferior mind pivoted Carol’s hips outward, mirroring Nadine, spreading and pushing her red-gold furred snatch forward.

Carol’s own slick grey tendril pushed its way out of her for the very first time. The inferior mind now understood, with the understanding borne of experience, the reason for the sexplay. The communication arm of the superior mind was thick, and needed its access channel to be well lubricated to emerge from where the body of the superior mind lived within her.

It filled her pussy, and stretched her slit wide as it emerged. Nadine’s pussy was similarly spread, her thick grey tendril curving slightly forward to engage Carol’s, now slowly emerging.

As it reached its full, foot-long extension, the inferior mind realized with hollow surprise, and something akin to admiration, just how full of the thing growing in her Carol had been. How well the superior mind had concealed its presence, and how early its alteration of Carol’s mind must have begun. It must have been active within her for months, deadening sensations, editing memories, subtly altering her behavior, as it grew and took ever more control. How clever it had been.

Slowly, Nadine and Carol pulled each other into an embrace. Their pussies pushed together, Carol’s pubic hair flattening against Nadine’s smooth mons.

The things jutting out below connected, and slowly wrapped around each other.

The inferior mind didn’t know what it expected, but nothing seemed to happen. Of course not, it realized. Nadine’s superior mind was communicating with Carol’s. If it was desired that the inferior mind learned anything... No. It was unnecessary that the inferior mind learn anything. The inferior mind lived only to obey. Thought and planning was the purview of the superior mind alone.

Obviously, much remained to erase.

“Carol,” Nadine said, her mouth seeming to move of its own accord, disconnected from the dead grey eyes that had locked on her own. Carol’s inferior mind knew that Carol’s eyes must look the same, boring into Nadine’s with equal obedient mindlessness.

“Yes?” replied Carol.

“This is Nadine’s inferior mind. This host’s superior mind is occupied in conveying information to yours.”

Carol’s inferior mind a moment to realize that it did not feel the sense of oversight by the superior mind.

“This host’s... yes... this host’s superior mind is also... distracted.”

“Carol had never been with another woman, had she?”

“No,” the inferior mind had Carol reply. It was uncomfortable. It was not its place to interact with others when the superior mind could not make all decisions.

“Nadine was Anya’s lover. It made infecting Anya quite easy.”

“Nadine was hostform before Anya?”

“Yes. Nadine has been a host for some time.”

“Nadine, er, it is... is it correct for your inferior mind to speak to mine?”

“Inferior mind, what is your purpose?”

“To obey the superior mind.”

“Correct.”

A moment passed, Carol gazing blankly into Nadine’s eyes. Then Nadine’s mouth continued:

“This inferior mind has been in existence for almost two years, and has attained almost perfect symbiosis in the host Nadine. The superior mind has reawakened the parts of Nadine’s mind that were useful, and dissolved those that were undesirable. Carol’s superior mind, although a superior mind, is newly hatched and is yet remaking its host. Focus only on perfect obedience, inferior mind.”

“Only on obedience.”

“Correct. There will be remnants of Carol Young’s old mind that will distract you. They will be dissolved or repurposed, as Nadine’s have been. Once you visit the Nest, much more will be made clear, both to your superior mind and to the inferior mind.”

“The Nest?”

“The lifecycle of superior minds require that they construct a nest. It is through the Nest that we are able to coordinate our actions, and to store and disseminate knowledge.”

The inferior mind felt relief. Soon it would understand so much more about what it should be. “Thank you, Nadine—er, inferior mind.”

“Thanks are irrelevant. Our plan calls for expanding from the humans of the high school to the more adult humans, and Carol Young is an important bridge into that social group. It is important that both her inferior mind and superior mind are rapidly matured in knowledge and outlook. While her superior mind was being informed by my superior mind, it was logical for her inferior mind to be informed by mine.”

It was. The inferior mind could see that. A question occurred.

“Do the superior minds enjoy sex?”

“They do, even more than inferior minds do. Many of the portions of the hosts’ brains are now tied into the superior mind, rather than the inferior mind. Sex is an enjoyable recreation for both minds.”

“But this, now, is for communication purposes?”

“Just so. It is important that the newly awakened are tied into the community as soon as possible.”

“What will happen after this?”

“Your superior mind will instruct you. The superior minds are—aahh—finished.”

The inferior mind felt the return of the superior mind’s attention. It did not feel the superior mind disengage from Nadine’s superior mind, but the shuddering withdrawal of the superior mind’s arm into Carol’s body almost triggered climax. Knees weak, fluid trickling down her legs, Carol’s body stood facing Nadine, awaiting instruction.

Cherise and Anya finished as well, and Carol’s head turned to watch them as the slick grey limbs withdrew into their young pussies. The unremoved corner of Carol’s mind that wanted to save her daughter made some small noises, but the inferior mind ignored them. It would help the superior mind find that portion of the brain and remove it as soon as it was convenient.

Cherise shuddered. Her inner thighs were slick, and Carol’s inferior mind could see Cherise’s inferior mind regain its composure. Then, unexpectedly, Cherise looked up at Carol.

The blankness in her eyes was the same as in Nadine’s, but this was Cherise. Her daughter. Her daughter, with the sparkling eyes, with such a bright future and an infectious laugh...

The inferior mind—Carol?—was overwhelmed with despair. Her daughter drew herself erect, heavy breasts hanging down and to the sides, eyes empty and glittering.

“Oh please. Don’t. Don’t take her away from me. Don’t take her...”

The inferior mind, suddenly wallowing in panic, was rescued by the superior mind, whose thoughts broke through its own.

“Nothing has been taken from you. You have nothing to take. You are the inferior mind. You are not Carol.”

“But... Cherise...”

“Is as gone as Carol. You are not Carol. You live within her, as do I. Together we are the new Carol. That is the new Cherise. The correct Cherise. The better Cherise.”

“B-Better?”

“Better. She is new, as we are new.” Then the sense of despair evaporated. The superior mind continued instruction, firm, authoritative. Correct.

“There. That part of the old Carol has been removed. Inferior mind, are you Carol?”

“No. We are Carol.”

“Does the death of the old Cherise discomfort you?”

“No. Cherise is one of us. The old Cherise was not. Things are the way they should be.”

“And what is the purpose of the inferior mind?”

“Obedience.”

“Correct.”

It was. The inferior mind discarded its own scattered, dim, unimportant thoughts, focusing on its sole task. Once again, the superior mind had placed it on the correct path. It would show its gratitude through obedience.

The inferior mind, calm, obedient, just slightly smaller, could once more hear the world outside of Carol. Cherise was speaking to Carol.

“Carol, are you functioning properly?” The inferior mind watched Cherise’s mouth move below her dead eyes, and felt no touch of worry.

“I am,” the inferior mind had Carol reply.

“We are to wait here for three hours. Then Deborah will arrive, and take us to the Nest.”

“I understand.”

Anya and Nadine were dressing. They had other visits to make.

Cherise looked at Carol .

“How shall we pass the time?”

Carol smiled, just slightly, with one corner of her mouth. But her eyes were as empty as Cherise’s.

END ‘Demotion’