The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Emerald City Trilogy

Book 1: Corruption

Copyright © 1997, 1998 J.S.A.M.—All Rights Reserved

This story may be freely distributed and archived, so long as no charge is levied against the reader for access to it.

ADULT CONTENT WARNING: This story contains adult situations, coarse language and violence.

Chapter 25: A Hospital Room for Broken Hearts

“Mark,” for the second time in a week he awoke to find himself staring into Tricia’s lovely eyes. He coughed and sputtered.

An old nurse raised his head as a straw entered his mouth. He sucked dryly.

“What happened?” he asked. “I was at your place?” he turned his head experimentally, looking around the hospital room, and immediately regretted it. “Oowww!”

Tricia looked grave and worried. “You stormed into my flat, and eventually woke up my boyfriend.” The lie hurt her too, as she watched him wince from her words. Not remembering, but believing her. “He caught you broad side when you reached towards me and you literally flew across the room.” He could feel her holding his hand, squeezing it warmly as she learned closer to him, dressed tightly in her reporter’s overcoat. “You’re going to be okay. A slight concussion, but really it was your ribs they were worried about. Several broken, but nothing pierced anything inside.” She smiled weakly.

“I’ll fetch the doctor now,” he heard the nurse more than he saw her as she turned and left. He continued to watch Tricia.

“Yes, Mark, you’re right. I do love you,” she said it strongly, squeezing his hand a little harder. He started to smile, but she frowned. “But I can’t be with you right now. You’re right, things aren’t really right inside me. But you’ve got me back on the right track. I’m going to be going to see a woman today about it. Maybe, someday, we’ll be back together again. But now things have changed, and I’m not sure if I can help it or control the way I feel or don’t feel. We’ll still be friends,” she smiled weakly again.

He turned away from her, staring out the bright, sunny window. Friends. Fucking great, he thought.

“Someday, Mark. Remember I always loved you,” she kissed him, but he didn’t reciprocate. Looking cross and angry, he watched the sky outside.

She stumbled outside the room, stopping to lean against the wall once outside. Wiping tears away from her eyes she sobbed once, got control and then walked on. She had a woman to see about her state of her mind. Vengeance time.

[End Chapter 25]