The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Face Off

In the October, 2011, contest over at the MC Forum, Chrystal Wynd asked us all to write stories involving secrecy and secrets. That gave me the perfect opportunity to revisit Metroburgh, the home of Admiral Anticrime and three earlier stories of mine (in order as they came up before, Thrill Ride, The Way We Whirr, and Dairy Queening). When Dairy Queening ended, the sinister villain Levi Evil had been arrested for creating a machine that caused a heatwave that crippled the city. What Admiral Anticrime didn’t know, was that Levi’s cousin, Melanie Felony, was using the heatwave to build up her own army of mind controlled slaves. That’s really all you need to know to pick up with this story. This story is my own, and all characters and events in this story are works of fiction. Adult fiction. Please don’t repost this story without consulting with me. I welcome comments and criticism. My email address is and my blog is located at mudak326.tumblr.com.

Chapter 1

“All rise!” Bailiff Haley Bailey’s voice echoed throughout the packed courtroom. “The honorable Judge Waylon N. Moanin presiding.”

There was a low rumble as everyone stood up in response to this request.

The judge walked into the room, his black robes floating behind him. He found his seat at the head of the room, sat down, and said, “Please be seated,” as he pounded his gavel.

As before, there was a low rumble as everyone sat back down.

The judge shuffled through some papers and read out loud. “The People vs. Levi Evil. Is the prosecution ready?”

“Boris Morris for the prosecution, your honor. And yes, we’re ready.”

“Excellent. And is the defense ready?”

“Yes, your honor. We’re ready.”

The judge peered out over his glasses at the woman who represented the supervillain in this trial. “I’m sorry. I’m not sure I’ve met you before. Are you from around here?”

“I’m sorry, your honor. My name’s Delores Morris. I flew in last night from Chrystal Heights. Before you ask, I’m not related to the prosecuting attorney. At least, not as far as I know.”

“I trust you understand the charges against your client.”

“Well, actually, your honor, I was wondering about them and, well, I understand what he’s accused of, but frankly, it seems as though some of the charges themselves are contradictory.”

Boris glanced suspiciously across the room at the opposing counsel. “I’m sorry. I don’t understand.”

Delores glanced briefly towards the judge who nodded his assent to answer the question. “I’d like to hear this, too. We can defer jury selection until after this is resolved.”

“Thank you, your honor. Boris, please correct me if I’m misstating anything here, but the prosecution is claiming that my client is a supervillain who created a machine that plunged the city into a two-week-long heat wave last July.”

The prosecutor said, “That’s correct.”

“Now, it’s my understanding that my client made neither any claims nor any demands related to this heatwave. Does the prosecution agree with this statement?”

“Yes.”

“So the prosecution alleges that he caused a heat wave,” she paused for dramatic effect. “In the middle of the summer. When heat waves are common. Let’s assume, for a moment, that my client really did make a machine that can alter the weather. I’m not stipulating that he had any such device, but for the sake of argument, let’s assume that he did. Wouldn’t it make more sense to either cause a blizzard in the middle of the summer, or to cause a heat wave in the wintertime? You know, to create unseasonable weather?”

Boris shuffled in his seat. “Ummmm…”

“And furthermore, is a two week long heat wave really all that uncommon in July? I don’t think we need to bring in scientific research about global climate change, do we?”

Boris interrupted the defense attorney before she could continue. “Perhaps, but then how do you explain the fact that the heat wave broke at the very moment the machine was destroyed?”

Delores laughed. “It’s an interesting coincidence but it really doesn’t mean a whole lot. After all, I think we can all agree that the universe has been expanding at a constant rate ever since you were born. It’d be ridiculous to imply that the expansion of the universe in that time period has any real relationship with your presence on this earth … There’s no real correlation between the two facts! So you’ll bring out an expert who will claim that the destroyed machine caused the heatwave and I’ll bring out an expert who can argue that it may have been a simple coincidence and we’ll get nowhere on that point.”

Boris sighed. “All right. Fine. But what about the damage done to the local economy during the heatwave?”

“Are you telling me no one benefited from the fact that it was hotter than expected? There was no upsurge in air conditioner sales or repairs? Electricity usage? Swimming pool membership? Ice cream sales? If we assume that someone actually caused the heat wave, did you rule out all of the people who might’ve actually profited from it, before you landed on my client?”

“Um….” the prosecuting attorney struggled to find the right words in response.

“Which brings us back to the biggest claim of all: that my client is a supervillain.”

“He is well known as such, Miss Morris,” said the judge.

“Forgive me for asking this, your honor, but why? His name? I’ll bet if we opened the phone book, we might find a fair number of people whose last name is ‘Hooker’. Would you seek to try them on charges of prostitution on the basis of their names? As far as I’m aware, my client has no prior convictions related to any crimes that one would expect of a supervillain. A few months ago, it’s my understanding, that two true supervillains ended up in prison to serve very long sentences. Their rivalry, I’m told, was their undoing and led to both of them being caught. They were enslaving people around Metroburgh and compelling them to do their bidding through some kind of diabolical mind control. Now THAT’S villainous. Either my client is the most incompetent supervillain, or he’s not a supervillain at all!”

The judge pounded his gavel. “Enough!”

Admiral Anticrime appeared in the center of the courtroom from behind a crowd of journalists who were frantically making notes on their computers. “Your honor, if I may…”

The judge scowled at the superhero. “Admiral Anticrime, it’s my understanding that you didn’t even see the machine in question in this case. Anything you might have to offer this court would be either speculation or hearsay, so I wouldn’t push your luck, sir. This town—including this court—appreciates all of the support you have given to us all, and we don’t know where we’d be without you. That said, I don’t believe there’s anything you can do to rebut the arguments posed by the defense here. I’m going to declare a short recess while I review the relevant information before we proceed with this case. We’ll adjourn until tomorrow.” He pounded his gavel.

As the crowd watching the proceedings began to disperse, Levi smiled at the woman who sat to his left. “You were brilliant!”

His attorney looked at him with an indifferent gaze. “Even if you do get off, I recommend you stick to the straight and narrow. The powers that be could make your life completely miserable.”

Chapter 2

After the courtroom emptied out, Levi Evil was remanded back into protective custody. He felt a slight lurch in his abdomen as he went back into the small cell which had been his home since the judge ruled he wasn’t eligible for bail.

He sat down on his lumpy bed, placed his face in his hands, and let out a deep sigh.

“What’s the matter, Mr. Evil? You feeling kinda blue?” the guard who stood outside his cell asked.

Levi looked up, scowled, and said, “Fuck off!”

“Now now now. That’s not very nice.”

“Well, you’re not being very nice, either.”

The guard stepped back away from the bars. “I’m sorry. It’s just that… I don’t know. You’re bound to be going home tomorrow so I’m not sure why you’d be feeling upset.”

“Didn’t you hear what my lawyer said? I’ve built up a kind of a reputation as an evil scientist and a supervillain and, well, she pretty much shattered that image.”

The guard stared through the bars, unsure of what to say. He inhaled and was about to speak, when he was interrupted by the sound of a voice crackling through his walkie talkie on his hip. He removed the device from his belt, pressed the speak button, and held it up to his mouth. “Roger that. I’ll bring him down.”

Levi looked up. “What was that?”

“Looks like you’ve got a visitor.”

“I don’t want to talk to anyone from the press.”

“It’s not the press. Says his name is Hugh Jim Bissell. D’you know him?”

Levi wanted to say, “Of course I know him. He’s my cousin’s henchman.” He inhaled deeply, decided to say as little as possible, and said, “Yeah, I know him.”

“So let’s go down and say hi.”

The opened the door to Levi’s cell and led him down to the cafeteria. Hugh was sitting alone at a small table in a corner. Levi and Hugh made eye contact before the villain sat down. The guard crossed his arms and hovered close behind the villain.

After about ten seconds of silence, Hugh spoke. “I trust you’re … satisfied with your legal representation?”

Levi spoke in a tone just above a whisper.

“I think we’ll be able to answer that better tomorrow when I find out whether or not I’ll get out of this shithole.”

The guard grunted but said nothing.

“Fair enough,” continued Hugh, carefully weighing each of his words. “If you have any concerns about the impact of today’s hearing on your reputation, I can’t completely ease those concerns, but suffice it to say that it’s better to be outside of prison with a tarnished image, than in prison with that image completely intact. We can work on rebuilding your brand immediately upon your release.”

“Rebuilding my brand?”

“Re-imagining yourself. You’ll understand more after you get out of here.”

“But…”

“Suffice it to say that it’s not necessarily a bad thing, not being recognized as a supervillain.”

Levi sighed.

Hugh stood up and walked out of the building without saying another word. The guard smiled and escorted Levi back to his cell.

After Levi was safely locked up in his cell, the guard walked into the warden’s office. “I think Levi Evil’s going to have some real troubles getting used to the life of a normal citizen, but it looks like he’s going to have some good support once he’s out.”

“Who was that guy who came to see him?”

“His name was Hugh Jim Bissell, but I don’t know anything else about him.”

“Do you think I need to alert Admiral Anticrime?”

“I wouldn’t go out of my way to contact him over this, but if you ever talk to him for some other reason, you might want to mention this.”

“That’s fair. Thank you. You may go back to your post now.”

Chapter 3

The following day, Levi Evil found himself fidgeting anxiously in his seat as he awaited the return of the judge to this courtroom.

After an excruciatingly long ten minutes, the bailiff called out, “All rise for the Honorable Judge Waylon N Moanin.”

As he had done the previous day, the judge sat down, pounded his gavel, and asked everyone in the room to be seated. Once the room fell silent, the judge cleared his throat.

“I remember, in the middle of the heatwave, hearing reports on the radio about how unusually hot things were here. On our local television, we were treated with images of storms in the area that just happened to turn away from our city at the last minute. Although it may never have been uttered out loud in a public forum, one question that was on everyone’s minds was, ‘Is this the responsibility of one of the supervillains who happen to reside within these city walls?’

“And I’ll admit it: I thought it. That’s just a fact of life in this city and a risk we have of choosing to be residents of a place that, I think, is one of the greatest cities in this great country of ours. There’s always a supervillain somewhere around here trying to hatch up some evil scheme that will result in untold wealth and scores of willing and able servants.

“I’m not here to postulate as to why Metroburgh has gained a reputation as a magnet for evil villains but I will say that we should all be grateful that Admiral Anticrime is among our ranks, assisting with the enforcement of our laws.

“Admiral Anticrime is one of our finest citizens: strong, honest, and trustworthy. When he becomes involved in something, it’s usually for a good reason and the list of evildoers who happen to cross him and end up in jail just keeps getting longer. He is honor and justice personified.”

Levi Evil looked over at his lawyer and tried to express his fear without stating a word.

Delores Morris waved her hand and indicated that he should return his attention to the judge’s speech.

“As this trail was getting underway,” the judge continued, “my office received a ‘friend-of-the-court’ brief in which the mayor advised that he was among those in our city who felt that some evil—rather than natural—force was behind our heat wave.

“I think this demonstrates how dependent we as a city have become on thinking that, just because something bad happens, it’s part of the plan of a supervillain who seeks to dominate us in this city. Levi Evil is commonly believed to be such a supervillain, however he has no criminal record unless you count a traffic violation or two. Is it possible, then, that he either wants to portray himself as a supervillain so he could gain a degree of fame and notoriety, or that we are merely judging him on the basis of his name?

“The defense has a point: we should no sooner judge the defendant to be a cunning, evil criminal, than we would assume someone whose name was Taylor as being capable of making a quality suit. Is it possible that the assumptions that the mayor, Admiral Anticrime, and I all had about the heatwave itself being the work of a supervillain, were just plain wrong? If we are morally and intellectually honest with ourselves, the answer must be ‘yes.’

“And so, it is the opinion of this court, that all charges against the defendant be dropped. Mr. Evil, you are free to go.”

He pounded his gavel.

Levi wiped the sweat from his brow and turned to face his attorney. “Thank you.”

Delores moved closer to the supervillain and casually slipped a small box wrapped in brown paper into his hands. She whispered, “This is from your cousin. Open it in private.”

Levi looked down at the box, considered asking his lawyer what this was, and tucked the box away in his pocket without saying another word.

Chapter 4

When Levi returned home after being released, his manservant, Smedley, was waiting for him.

“Welcome home, sir!”

“Thank you, Smedley. It’s good to be home.”

“Is there something I can get for you? Are you hungry?”

Levi paused before saying, “Ya know, I think I am. How about my favorite cereal?”

“Of course. If you would kindly find your way to the dining hall, I’ll bring forth a bowl as quickly as I can.”

Levi walked slowly down the long corridor that led to the dining room, appreciating his newly regained freedom and admiring the art on the walls along the way. By the time he reached his destination, Smedley was already standing by the main table. There was a large bowl with a spoon on one side, filled with the concoction commonly known as Chocolate Mini Whips and then covered with milk.

Levi sat down at the table and began to read the box from which his servant had poured the cereal. The slogan ‘A little sadism in every bite’ written in fancy lettering just below the name of the cereal seemed all that much fresher to the man. He smiled broadly as he expressed his appreciation for his manservant’s role in his life.

In his haste to consume this comfort food and to regain a sense of normalcy after having been in police custody, he grew increasingly clumsy in his mannerisms and control over the spoon with which he fed himself. At one point, his movements were so exaggerated, that the package his lawyer handed to him after his release fell out of his pocket and onto the floor next to him.

Smedley saw this and picked up what had dropped. “Is this what I think it is?”

“I don’t even know what it is.”

“Your cousin’s servant contacted me today and gave me some pointers on what to do with it in case you have some difficulties with it.”

“What is it?”

“We can discuss that after you’re done eating. Please, don’t overexert yourself.”

“I’ll try not to. Could you give that back to me?”

Smedley placed the package on the table next to Levi’s cereal bowl. Levi picked it up and tore off the brown paper wrapping, revealing a plain white box. He opened the box and removed a small cylinder of clear plastic. Smedley moved closer and both men examined the contents.

“It looks like … some kind of make-up or something,” commented Levi after a long silence.

“You could say that, sir.”

“What is it?”

“It’s an appearance-enhancing cream.”

“What does that mean?”

“If we can trust Mr. Bissell, then the simple act of applying this cream to your face will transform you into someone exponentially more attractive than you already are. To the point that no woman will be able to resist you.”

“Can we trust him?”

“As much as we can trust his mistress, your cousin.”

Levi raised his hand to his chin and scowled. “I trust Melanie with my life. She’s the one who brought in that great lawyer.”

“Then we’ll see what happens with this cream. Let me know when you’re ready.”

The villain put his spoon down in his half-empty bowl of cereal. “I… I’m ready.”

“You’ve barely eaten.”

“Yes, but I think this is more important. I suddenly want to go out for a night on the town. If I get hungry, I can get someone to buy me something to eat.”

Smedley laughed and opened the small container. “Would you like your bedroom readied for a romantic evening?”

“That might be a good idea.”

“Excellent. Now hold still.” The servant dipped two fingers into the cream and picked up a glob. “This feels … cold. Brace yourself.”

Levi took a deep breath as he felt his servant apply the cream. Smedley started below the villain’s eyes and quickly covered his entire face.

“I think I need a little more,” said Smedley, who repeated this process two more times before backing away.

“So, how do I look?”

“I think you need to give it a minute. Right now you look like you’ve got some kind of gray mask on.”

“Um… All right, I suppose.”

“Do you feel anything different?”

“Well, it’s … kind of hard to tell. It started out cold but now I’m feeling a tingling, especially across my cheekbones. I don’t know if that’s the cold or what it is. Could you get a mirror?”

“Sure. I’ll be back in a minute.”

Smedley turned and walked out of the dining hall to retrieve a hand-sized mirror from his bedroom. When he returned, he let out a loud gasp and nearly dropped the mirror.

“What? What is it?” The villain was concerned about his servant’s reaction.

“I’m sorry, sir. I, um… I almost didn’t recognize you.”

“What? Why?”

Smedley held out the mirror and handed it to his master, who lifted it up and examined his face with a curious expression.

“I’m … handsome!”

“I agree. I think if you look closely at your eyes, you can see that it’s you but other than your eyes, you’re a completely new man.”

Indeed, the servant’s assessment was accurate. Gone were the age lines, light scars, slightly lopsided nose, and hollow eye sockets. In their place was a vibrant young man with boyish good looks.

Seeing the good looking man gazing back at him in the mirror, Levi smiled and looked at his servant. “Can we do something with my hair?”

“I’ll see what I can do,” said Smedley with a slight chuckle in his voice.