The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

For the People (Chapter 2)

CHAPTER SYNOPSIS: Emily learns more about her true purpose in Congress, and grows closer with her interviewer.

DISCLAIMER: The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to any actual person, event, or organization is entirely coincidental.

“No, Senator, of course not. I wouldn’t put too much stock in things like that.” Emily tapped anxiously on her desk with one freshly-painted nail. Her neck cricked from holding the phone receiver against her ear hands-free. “All I said—and all I mean—is that I’m open to new ideas. All ideas. If we want to pass this thing, the first step is to bring people to the table.” She paused. “Thank you, Senator. Don’t worry, once we’re out of this news cycle everything will stabilize.”

Emily hung up the phone and blew an exhausted breath out through her cheeks. “Moira!” she called through the open door to her office.

Her chief-of-staff clipped into the office, tucking her cell phone away in her jacket pocket. “Murphy?”

“Holding steady,” Emily confirmed. “He’ll stay on board the reconciliation planning process. That should leave just Vasquez.”

“I’ll get him on the phone.”

“No,” Emily stopped her. “I’ll pay him a visit personally later. Get me ten minutes on his schedule.”

She paused for a moment, thinking, and Moira filled the silence. “You holding up all right?”

Emily focused on her number one operative. Moira was petite, with a dark pixie cut and pointed chin that combined to give her a perpetually cute, elfin appearance. A small smirk rested naturally on that face, but right now her expression was lined with worry.

That worry was understandable. Orbit Media hadn’t released the audio recording of their interview together, but even without the full transcript the story that they’d run was causing Emily’s office no end of headaches. Allies on and off the Hill had started to question their star player’s dedication to economic justice. Emily and her team were working overtime to quell rumors and reassure their supporters.

“It’ll be fine,” Emily nodded. Her exhausted voice didn’t convey much confidence. “You know how these things go; one suspicion spirals into another. We just have to stay out ahead of it.”

“Yes, Ma’am.” Moira’s tone was less cheerful than Emily might have hoped.

“Moira. Now or never.”

That earned a smile from Moira. That had been their private catchphrase when they had first hatched the idea of running for Congress a couple of years ago. Moira had wondered about the lifecycle of Emily’s fame and influence from her Miss Universe tour. Timing out a Congressional campaign was tricky, with massive amounts of money and influence on the line. Should they push for the historic, unlikely win immediately, or wait a few years to season Emily a bit? To answer Moira’s questions, Emily had simply shrugged and declared, ‘Now or never.’ They had proceeded, and the now-famous landslide victory had ensued.

“Now it is. Thank you, ma’am.”

Moira retreated, and Emily took a moment to herself. She closed her eyes, willing away the stress of the last couple of days. It wasn’t easy.

The trickiest thing about putting out all these fires was that Emily couldn’t put the full weight of her persuasion behind things. The truth was, she did have reservations about the original form of the consumer protection bill. Yes, of course innocent people didn’t deserve to be prey for powerful organizations that were solely out for profit, but she couldn’t ignore the fact that large corporations were the lifeblood of the American economy, and any reform efforts would have to be gentle enough to keep their power base intact. Or even stronger than before.

Of course, she couldn’t tell this to any of her supporters. They wouldn’t understand where she was coming from. She just had to gently ease things into a more sane direction.

Her reverie broke with a knock on the door. It was Devin.

“Good afternoon, Congresswoman,” he said with that million-dollar smile. “They said that you’d be ready for me.”

Emily gathered herself in an instant. “Mr. Cavenshaw. Yes, come in.”

He shut the door behind him and came to the desk, hand extended. His blue pinstripe suit was fitted to the latest style, and a silver watch glittered on his wrist, an ostentatious display of wealth and taste.

“It’s very good to see you, Congresswoman Hobart. How’ve you been? Things definitely seem to be heating up around here.”

“It’s about the usual,” Emily lied. “Things move fast here on the Hill. You get used to the breakneck pace or you don’t last long. I feel very at home in it.”

“I can tell.” Devin’s eyes raked her up and down. “It seems to suit you. You look lovely today.”

That compliment was a bit forward, but nothing that Emily couldn’t let slide. She was pleased with how she looked today. She’d added some color into her wardrobe with a powder green skirt and a blue-and-green striped blouse. The skirt was tight enough that she had to take very small steps, even as short as it was. She’d unbuttoned the top three buttons of the blouse, allowing her expanse of cleavage to peek out from certain angles. All around, she was pleased with the attention that her outfits had been giving her for the last few days. There had even been talk about her fashion on the news.

“Thank you.” An odd hum appeared as Devin activated his phone to record the interview, but it disappeared before Emily could really concern herself with it. “I’m glad you think so,” she added without thinking.

“I bet you are,” Devin responded. “It’s really nice to have men compliment how you look, isn’t it?”

Emily thought that was a strange thing to say, but as her head bobbled loosely on her neck, she couldn’t find anything wrong with it. “Yes,” she finally answered.

“You must be really happy, branching out to find a style that fits you more here.”

“Uh-huh. Yeah.”

“Much prettier. Much sexier.”

“I like dressing up sexy.”

“That’s great, Emily. Can I call you Emily?”

“I’d prefer Congresswoman Hobart.”

Devin chuckled. “Damn,” he said under his breath. “Ahem. It would be better if I called you Emily. We can be on friendly terms, you and me.”

“Are we friends?” Emily’s eyes were wide, even as they stared right through Devin.

“Of course we are, Emily. We can talk to each other about anything. Like, for example, I can tell you that your boobs look great in that blouse. That’s not necessary for this interview, but I can still say it because we’re friends, and you like to hear it because you want people to enjoy your body.”

“That’s a good point.” No wonder they’d become such fast friends. Emily had always gravitated toward other intelligent people.

She thought for a moment. “Would they look better like this?” she asked, popping open another button on her blouse. A hint of lace trim from her bra appeared.

“Oh, absolutely,” Devin answered. “The more you show of them, the better. The more you show of your whole body, the better. Don’t worry, a beauty like you can’t go too far in dressing with fun and flirting in mind.”

This was such a strange conversation. Emily couldn’t put her finger on what it was, but something about her talks with Devin made her feel like she was channelling a different person.

“Do you…” Emily trailed off, trying to figure out what she wanted to ask. Her mind kept drifting. “Do you want to start the interview now?”

“Oh, don’t worry about that. We can just have a conversation. It doesn’t have to be so formal. After all, I’m not like other interviewers to you.”

“You’re not. You’re a friend.”

“Exactly. I’m your friend. You can talk to me. You can listen to me.”

Emily nodded. She liked listening to Devin.

“Now tell me, Emily. How are you feeling about the CLRRA?”

The mention of her bill, called by its sound bite-worthy abbreviation brought Emily’s mind automatically back around into interview mode. “I feel wonderful about the progress we’re making.” Her words glued together at the edges, her smirk drunkenly off-kilter. “We have a ton of support for the bill on both sides of the aisle, and I think history will show that this is a great moment for the American people, when their leaders seized an important opportunity for change.”

“Naturally,” Devin said with a breezy air. “Do you still believe in the cause of individual citizens over corporations?”

“I wouldn’t say that’s ever been my position. Our corporate citizens matter a great deal, and any move that would detract from their profitability is good for no one.”

That brought a satisfied smile to Devin’s face, though Emily wasn’t sure why. “So you’re happy to be on the side of corporations.”

“I wouldn’t say that I’m on the side of corporations, either. I’m on the side of a balanced economy that’s good for everyone, and right now, I’m sad to say, things are more than a little skewed in favor of large entities with large liquid reserves at their disposal.”

Devin shook his head ruefully. “No, Emily, I’m afraid that won’t do.”

“What’s wrong?” She struggled to blink, her eyes drying out from staring at Devin.

“Remember, we’re friends. You can tell me the truth about how you feel. You don’t have to hide behind your public image with me.”

“I don’t… I’m not hiding anything.” Was that true? Devin wasn’t the kind of man to say something like that unless he had good reason.

“Sure you are. Listen to yourself. Emily, honey… I know what you really want to do here in Congress. Your stunt of pretending to be a woman of the people is just that: a stunt. A way to worm your way into winning an election that you had no business winning. What you really want is to dismantle all the consumer protections this country has. You want to help corporations take as much power as they can. You’re always thinking about how great this country could be if there were no limits on lobbyists or even open bribery. If there were no anti-trust laws. If large companies had complete legal immunity for lies they told the public.”

Emily reeled. This was all news to her. Could she really have been keeping something as dire as that a secret?

Devin continued. “Take the company I work for, as an example.”

“Orbit Media?”

He scoffed. “Of course. I work for Orbit Media. But did you know that they’re a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tellamon?”

Emily hadn’t known that, but she couldn’t be surprised by it. Tellamon was one of the largest companies in the world. They had their hands in everything from mining to agriculture to telecommunications to banking to medical research. They had been accused of impropriety and illegal action dozens of times in the last decade. When they didn’t settle out of court for pennies on the dollar, they were known for using brutal bully tactics to break a plaintiff during a legal battle.

Tellamon was one of the companies that stood to lose the most from the CLRRA that Emily had crafted. She hated the company with a passion; their logging operations had devastated her small hometown when she was just twelve years old, leaving people with nothing despite a promised buyout of the town’s resources.

“Tellamon?” Even in her drowsy state some heat showed up in Emily’s voice. “No, I… I didn’t. We shouldn’t… be doing this interview.”

She tried to rise to her feet but failed at first. Her legs felt numb. After a second, she gathered herself and tried again, succeeding in lurching to a standing position with the help of support from her desk.

Devin’s face showed surprise and alarm. “Of course,” he said slowly, his voice cracking. “There’s no interview here. Don’t worry. Tellamon isn’t here. Neither is Orbit. Just your friend Devin.”

Emily did like Devin. “No Tellamon?”

“No, not at all.” Devin sounded like he was trying to soothe a wounded animal. “Just your friend.”

“Thank god,” Emily slurred. She slumped back into her chair, grateful not to have to balance right now. Her inner ear felt like it was doing somersaults. That hum, which had just risen in pitch and volume for a moment, quickly calmed.

Devin blew out a relieved breath, his brow furrowed in thought. “I’m sorry that I alarmed you, Emily. But everything is great. You’re doing so well here. You know that, right?”

“Of course. I’m the sensation of the House.” She had heard that on CNN just this morning.

Devin smiled sweetly. “You really are. You’re strong, and no one can hurt you here.”

“I’m the strongest woman you’ll ever know.” Fierce pride came through her thick voice.

“You won’t get scared or alarmed by anything then.”

“Why would I?”

“Good.” He paused for a moment. “Besides, it’s not like Tellamon would ever do anything to hurt you.”

A surge of hate welled up in her, but she kept her seat. She was a Congresswoman, not some excitable kid. She could talk rationally about her old enemy. “They hurt all kinds of people.”

“No, just one kind of person. The kind of person who deserves to be hurt.”

“Devin!” The word burst out of you. “How could you say that?”

“It’s true, Emily. I know it can be hard to hear, but believe me.”

She wanted to believe Devin. He was smart, and he was her friend. But this…

“You should believe me, Emily.”

“I… should?”

“Yes. Believe me. You believe me.”

She couldn’t think of a good reason not to. He had never steered her wrong before. “I believe you,” she agreed.

“You believe everything I say.”

“Yes. Everything.”

“Good. So when I tell you that Tellamon only hurts people who deserve to be hurt, you believe me.”

She paused for a long moment. But how could she not? “I believe you.”

“Good. I’m so glad you understand.”

“But who would deserve to be hurt?”

“I’m glad you asked, honey. There are so many people like that. People who aren’t helping Tellamon become bigger and more profitable. People who would stand in the company’s way.”

“They deserve to be hurt? Why?”

“Tellamon is a good company, honey. It’s run by smart, good people who want the best for the world. So anyone working against them has to be bad. If you fight against good, you’re bad. That makes sense to you, right?”

Of course that made sense. It was as simple as a storybook. Good and bad could never coexist. “Yeah.”

“Of course it does. Because you already knew this. You’ve been planning to help Tellamon from the first day of your campaign.”

That was impressive. Devin seemed to know things about Emily that she herself had forgotten. “I’m a good person.”

“Exactly! Which is why you want to help the other good guys. Companies like mine.”

“I want to help Tellamon?”

“Try that again. But not as a question.” Devin’s smile looked predatory.

“I want to help Tellamon.”

“Tell me what you want to help them with. Use that big brain and think, sweetie.”

Emily did think. What would a corporation like that need from a Congresswoman like her? There were so many things she could do in her position of power. It was a daunting prospect.

But then she realized that Devin had already helped her, even if he didn’t realize it. What was it he had mentioned before?

“I want to help Tellamon however I can,” she answered after a moment. “They should never be forced to settle a lawsuit. It should be illegal to sue them at all, for anything. They should be exempt from all taxes.” She thought of her childhood, those horrible memories of the faceless giant snapping up the resources that her town needed for the mill that employed most of the town. “They should be able to take land and natural resources for themselves without having to pay anyone or even ask.”

The smile on Devin’s face could have lit up a ballroom. “Emily, honey, it makes me so happy to hear you say that.”

Emily beamed. She was glad she could make her friend happy. But then her good mood faltered. “I feel a little bad. I’ve said a lot of bad stuff about them. About all kinds of companies. I know I was just lying so I could get elected, but a lot of people believed me and now they hate Tellamon.”

“It’s ok,” Devin said, his voice full of reassurance. “You were just doing what you had to do to get into a position of power. Now that you’re here, you can use that power to punish all the stupid people who don’t think like you do.”

Emily’s eyes lit up. She hadn’t thought of that. “Yeah! I’ve got a lot of power now. I can do whatever I want with it. I can hurt anyone I want.”

“And you will. No one tells you what to do. No one hurts your corporate friends.”

“No one tells me what to do.”

“You can do whatever you want.” Devin’s voice sounded so nice.

“I can do whatever I want.”

“You’ll make laws to punish people you don’t like. People who are anti-corporation.”

“I’ll make laws to punish people who are anti-corporation.”

“That’s great, sweetie. I’m glad that you’re actually able to understand everything that we need from you. I know it’s not easy for someone as stupid as you.”

Emily felt a twinge insulted by that. Being stupid was… bad, wasn’t it? “I’m smart,” she insisted simply, not sure what explanation she could really add onto it.

Devin shook his head. “No, sweetie, you’re not. You’re not nearly as smart as you think. You’re really very dumb.”

“But… I was my high school valedictorian. I graduated at the top of my class at Berkeley, double majoring in political science and biology.” They were widely regarded as two of the toughest majors at the school. Emily had always been proud of that. “I got a perfect score on my SATs. I was a National Merit Scholar and got the Francis de Corsica scholarship.” The prestigious award was considered to be one of the highest academic honors worldwide. “I’m really smart.” Emily knew it was vain to say so, but she felt like she could be honest with Devin.

“Of course you did all that, sweetie. But not because you’re smart. You got all those things because of how you look. How you show off your body. How you flirt with men, and seduce them.” Seeing Emily’s confusion, he gestured to her sitting across the desk. “Look at how you’re dressed right now. No other Congresswoman dresses like that. No professional woman in the District does. That tight little skirt, your blouse unbuttoned like that. Everyone can tell that you want people to look at your legs and your tits. And this is the absolute most conservative thing you’d ever wear. You’d rather your skirt be shorter, like an actual miniskirt. You’d rather have enough cleavage showing that everyone can tell how big your tits are. Remember how it felt to be on stage at all your pageants, showing them off in your swimsuits? I know that each time you wanted to wear something even smaller, let your boobs spill out of the top on national television. You always got off on knowing that all the men watching thought you were a hot piece of ass.”

Emily was too stunned to reply. She sat there listening as Devin continued. “That’s why you got so far ahead in life. Not because you’re smart, but because you’re sexy, and because you like to show it. Did you really think that other girls obsess about their clothes like you do? Did you really think that other girls go lingerie shopping several times a week? Did you really think that other girls suck the cocks of stronger, smarter men to get ahead? Or that they love doing it like you do?”

Emily stared at the interviewer—her friend—in slack-jawed amazement. She’d never talked to anyone about this. She’d never even really realized that she felt this way. She’d always fooled herself into thinking that she really was a smart person, that people respected her for what was in her mind and in her heart. She’d been fighting the stereotype of the big-breasted, empty-headed giggle machine for years. Reputations came so easily; even when she’d won her first junior pageant at age 9, people had rushed to try and look down on her. But she wasn’t just a pretty face, she was a strong, intelligent woman with the world at her feet.

Except she wasn’t. It had all always been a mirage. She saw that now. People let her win arguments and gave her honors just because they were hoping to sleep with her. To some extent she’d always known it; she’d have to be blind and deaf not to notice the looks that she got, to ignore that men probably thought about her when they had sex, or when they masturbated.

But the full extent of it came crashing in on her with Devin’s words, along with the courage to finally admit how much she liked it. How much she wanted to encourage as much of it as she could. It was so much fun to tease men, to make them want her. She only wished she’d done more of it up to this point. How much unhappiness and stress could she have avoided if she’s just been able to acknowledge that she loved being sexy. And… and…

“You love getting fucked.” Devin’s cooing voice filled in where her own thought process failed. “You love sucking cock. You love letting men use you, and getting what you want from them that way.”

Yes. That was it. The thought she was having such a hard time with. “I really do,” she admitted. She felt a tear on her cheek.

“You do what you want. And what you want is to fuck.”

“I want to fuck.”

“You want to show men that you’re easily available to fuck. All the time.”

“I really do,” Emily agreed.

“Oh, sweetie, there’s no need to cry. This is a happy day. Here… come on, come here.” Devin got up from his chair and came around the side of the desk. At his beckoning, Emily did the same, walking toward him.

Tenderly, Devin put his arms around Emily, hugging her with soothing, wordless cooing. “You’re doing so great. You’re learning so much. I know it can be a lot to take in. But don’t worry, I’m here to help.” He broke the hug, taking Emily’s face in his hands and looking into her eyes. “See how nice it is to learn things from men? Especially someone like me, who cares about you so much and who’s much, much smarter than you.”

Emily had to admit that was true. There was no way she would ever have been able to realize all this about herself on her own. Devin was one of the smartest people she’d ever met. “You should be a therapist,” she joked, a little smile coming to her lips.

“I am, in a way.” Devin’s own smile held a hint of ironic pleasure. “But if I can help even one girl like you realize that she’s a dumb slut, then that’s good enough for me.”

“A… a dumb… slut?” Emily stuttered, barely believing that she had heard him right.

“Of course, silly.” Devin brushed a strand of hair away from Emily’s face and leaned in, kissing her on the lips, a gentle, momentary graze. “You’re stupid, and you use sex to get what you want from men, fucking all the time. That’s slutty. So you’re a dumb slut. You believe me, right?”

Emily squeeze him playfully, glad to have her friend here to comfort her. “Of course I believe you.”

“No matter what.”

“I believe you, no matter what.”

“So when I tell you that you’re a dumb slut…?”

Emily chuckled. “I believe you. I’m a dumb slut.”

“That’s good. Such a good job, you stupid little bitch.” Devin’s sweet tone of voice took any potential sting out of his words.

Devin glanced at the door to her office. “Will any of your people disturb us?”

“What?” Emily was surprised by the sudden change of subject. “Oh, no. They know not to interrupt when I’m doing an interview.”

“Good. How about you get on your knees and blow me before I go? I know you’re just dying to.”

A little twinkle came into Emily’s eye. “Blow you, huh? What will I get if I do?”

Devin sat down in Emily’s desk chair, pulling her down by the hand until she was kneeling in front of him. “You’ll get the opportunity to help my company ruin all the promises you made to America, you idiotic whore. You’ll get to be our little puppet in Congress. And you’ll get the pleasure of my cum on your tongue. You really want all of that.”

Emily unbuttoned and shrugged off her blouse while Devin spoke. She smiled wickedly up at him as his eyes took in her boobs, heavy and jiggling inside her blue lace bra. It was so nice to see that hungry look in his eyes, knowing that he wanted her. Her hands worked quickly at his zipper, pulling his rigid cock out of his pants until it stood up in front of her.

“It’ll be tough to get done everything that we want to get done, you know,” she said softly as she leaned in. “I’m just one representative. There will be resistance.”

“Of course there will be,” Devin answered, leaning back in the expensive chair that normally only held the Congresswoman who was now at his feet. “But I’m sure you’ll find ways to convince them. You have your charms.”

Emily opened her lips and took the journalist’s cock into her mouth. She had to agree. She definitely did have her charms.

TO BE CONTINUED...