The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Haller Catch

By Forever-Shadow-Knight

Chapter Five:

The first of the afternoon classes passed without much cause for comment. But between periods I did see Elizabeth in the hall. I don’t think she saw me, and she wouldn’t have recognize me if she did, but the same could have been said about me, before our morning encounter. She probably passed me in the hall every day at that time, and I’d never noticed before now.

During the second class of the afternoon I had another opportunity to observe Sandy. It was a chemistry course, and we were doing a lab activity. From the moment she entered the classroom and saw me, she couldn’t seem to look away. Every time I glanced towards her, I caught her watching. She would shy up and look away, but never for long. Eventually the teacher started to notice her odd behavior. But a quick nudge from my power made her decide it wasn’t important, while another nudge made her assign us as partners for the lab activity.

I knew I should be more careful when using my power, and I knew it wouldn’t do good things for my karma, but Sandy is someone I’ve wanted for a long time. I figured my classical conditioning wasn’t anything more than a nudge. Like what I had just done with the teacher. It was a bump in the right direction. It wouldn’t do any real harm. And I could always release her and set things right.

The class moved over to the lab area and listened as the teacher outlined the safety rules. I was sure to pay attention while the teacher explained what we were going to be doing. Sandy was too busy watching me to pay attention to the teacher. When the teacher finished I turned to Sandy.

“I’ll go get the supplies.” I told her, and walked to the storage closet. When I got back she was studiously going over the lab worksheet. I glanced at my copy. “This shouldn’t be too hard.” I said, setting up the beaker tray and measuring our samples. She nodded silently. It was obvious that she was trying very hard not to look at me. Her feelings must be making her uncomfortable.

Now I had known Sandy for a long time, and I’ve had a crush on her for four years. We knew each other as classmates, but had never really developed anything beyond a casual friendship. But a few years back, someone started spreading rumors about my crush. The rumors were true, of course, but they couldn’t have known that. For a while, I was picked on even worse than usual, and Sandy had distanced herself from me.

She was now, courtesy of my power, being subjected to a barrage of classical conditioning. The more she pays attention to me, the more thrilled and aroused she feels. The more she pleases me, the happier she feels. The more she obeys me, the more pleasure she feels. And while she is near me, or when she is obeying me, she feels contentment. Of course, this kind of conditioning doesn’t completely alter behavior overnight. It would probably be a few days before she threw herself at my feet. But it was already having a noticeable impact.

I finished measuring the powder and realized that we didn’t have enough. I said as much.

“I’ll go get us some more.” Sandy offered, hurrying to do just that. She returned with a big smile on her face. “Here.” She said, holding the dish out to me. Her eyes were fixed on mine, and she was no longer pretending not to stare.

“Thanks.” I told her, and watched her smile get even bigger. I took the dish and poured the powder carefully into to the other pile.

As the experiment progressed, Sandy did more and more to help me with the work. This was deeply out of character for her, since she usually left others to do her share of the work. It used to suck to be stuck with her as a partner. But now she was more than willing to do her part. Sandy also started to lightly flirt with me, and took every opportunity to show off her body. She was reacting much more strongly than I had anticipated.

I scanned her mind to see if anything was wrong. Most of her thoughts were about me, and about what she could do to improve her standing in my eyes. She really wanted me to see that she was a wonderful person. She was concerned that I would try to push her away if she got too forceful. I searched her mind a little deeper, and that was when I found something interesting.

The conditioning I had done to her mind was something she was unaware of consciously. But her subconscious not only knew about everything I had done, but it was actively trying to push her conscious mind into a relationship with me. I’m not really sure why it was doing this. It knew about the conditioning I had set up, and was taking every opportunity to expose her to it. Her subconscious was picking up subtle clues from my own unconscious reactions, and was using them to judge when I was pleased by something she did, and when I was not. If it judged that I was pleased, it was enough to trigger the happiness response.

It was an odd phenomenon, and definitely warranted further investigation. Her mind was split between two consciousnesses, and each of them was trying to control the other. The idea behind my classical conditioning of Sandy was that I could influence her towards certain behaviors by rewarding her for desired behavior and withholding that reward for undesired behavior. But her subconscious was being much more subtle in its manipulations of her psyche. I wasn’t sure what the end result would be.

By the end of the period, she was radiating sexual energy. I could smell her excitement and arousal, and I had her rapt attention. I told her a joke and she giggled sweetly, tilted her head, and smiled up at me. She reached her hand under the table and grabbed mine, bringing it over to her leg and squeezing the back of it gently, invitingly. This wasn’t an invitation I planned on refusing, and I slid my hand along her smooth leg, enjoying the warmth of her skin. She sighed contentedly.

“How do you feel about all of this. About me, I mean.” I asked her. “You never showed any interest before.”

“I don’t really know. I guess I need some time to sort out my feelings. This is all so sudden. But there is definitely a spark between us. God! I haven’t felt this way about anyone before. I’m totally yours, if you’ll take me. I love you.”

Her words startled me for a second. The way she slightly emphasized ‘totally yours’ in her offer made me think of Amber. Maybe something similar had happened to Amber; where her subconscious decided to take advantage of what I was doing to impose some changes on her conscious mind? I had to examine Amber when I saw her that night, to find out one way or another.

“I love you too.” I said, pulling Sandy towards me and embracing her with a passionate kiss. The teacher interrupting ruined the moment. She told us to keep that sort of thing outside of her classroom, and I was too pleased with myself to object. Sandy, the crush I had held since seventh grade, was finally mine. I knew then that my demons had slipped free again. I knew I wouldn’t be letter her go, ever.

* * *

As we were leaving class, I exchanged numbers with Sandy and promised to call her sometime that weekend. She seemed distressed when we parted. She had been wonderfully happy and perfectly content, as long as I was with her. But without my presence, the conditioning wouldn’t be triggered. She had spent the last hour in a state of total bliss, and now she felt that she was being abandoned; left within the ordinary, colorless world. It was no wonder she felt distressed.

I decided to help her with this problem, since I was the one that had caused it. I reached into her mind and found what I was looking for. With a minor amount of tweaking, I calmed her down and gave her a stronger sense of security. This way she wouldn’t be so terrified that I would leave her, and she could better deal with my absence.

My last class of the day usually passed smoothly, and since it was math, my favorite subject, it was the one class where I did all of my work without hesitation. Mr. Dwain was a really good teacher, at least when he taught one on one. When he tried to teach a whole class, his teaching abilities fell noticeably. That was why he didn’t teach the students as a class. He taught each of us individually. It meant we didn’t get as far as we might have, because we went slower. But it also meant that we learned a lot more. And anyone who excelled, such as me, was allowed to move on to more advanced work. I was working two chapters ahead of the next closest student, and almost six chapters ahead of the slowest in the class.

But I won’t waste the time going into trigonometry. It doesn’t have much bearing on what happened in class. About five minutes in, there was a knock on the door. The teacher answered and a guidance officer came in, pointed me out, and asked to speak with me. Damn them. I followed the man out of the room and down to the offices.

We passed several other kids, who were waiting anxiously outside the guidance office. I knew how they felt. We passed through the doors and hit a wall of cold that told me they had working air conditioners. There were bright, warm colors painted on the walls, and soft, comfortable chairs to sit in. It felt really nice, like a siren lulling a sailor to sleep, so she could later cut out his heart. Needless to say, I wasn’t buying into any of it.

The officer led me to a conferencing room on the north side of the office, and shut the door behind me when I walked in. My mom was sitting at the table, along with three others. I recognized one of them as my guidance councilor, and another as Mr. Henry, the vice principal. I didn’t know who the third person was. I took a seat at the end of the table, pointedly distancing myself from my mom.

“So.” I said, waiting for them to start.

The councilor pulled out a single sheet from a manila folder and passed it across the table, to my mom. “That is a report from the school nurse. It details five instances where Jason was reported to the clinic with injuries. This,” he said, pulling a second sheet out and sliding it over before continuing, “is the nurse’s statement. It states that she believes the injuries were not accidental.”

Everyone looked at me, and I merely shrugged. Sharon spoke up. “I know my son has been having trouble with some of the other kids. I know he’s been involved in a few fights. Just yesterday he came home with a gash above his temple. But he doesn’t talk about any of it. He won’t talk to me.”

The Mr. Henry cleared his throat. “Jason, if there’s a problem, you need to tell us so we can fix it. If you don’t talk to us, we can’t help you. That’s all we want to do here: help you.”

I looked at him. “Do you remember yesterday morning?” I asked.

He thought back for a minute, then nodded.

I started at the beginning for the benefit of those who weren’t there. “Well, Peter and his gang were picking on some freshmen in the hall, so I went to find a teacher. I ran into Mr. Henry and another teacher outside the front office, and told them they’d better break things up before it got any worse. They did, and everything was fine, except that Peter knew I was the one that told Mr. Henry. He did this to me just after lunch.” I said, pointing to the scabbed over cut on my head.

“That would explain a lot. But what about the other instances?”

“All but one were the work of Peter. The exception is when he had the rest of his buddies on the football team join him. I guess that was more of a group thing, but Peter was still the cause of it.”

Sharon stepped in. “Who exactly is Peter?”

The councilor leaned back in his chair. “He’s a senior this year, and one of the leading players on the varsity football team. He was just barely beat out for quarterback, and had to settle for second string running back. He still has a promising carrier ahead of him.”

“Not if he keeps attacking my son, he doesn’t. I want you to step in and stop this, before Jason gets seriously hurt. He obviously did nothing wrong, and yet he has been punished more than the culprit. Some action needs to be taken.” I formerly and abjectly apologize to my mother. She is the best mom anyone could ever want. She turned to me. “But you’re still grounded!” Damn it!

Mr. Henry assured my mom that they would be sitting down to talk with Peter shortly, and he promised that they would take care of things. He also asked me to tell him personally if anything like this ever came up again. I nodded. “One thing that I don’t understand.” I said, turning to the unknown person. “Who are you?”

He laughed and smiled. “I’m Tony, and I work with children’s services. If it had turned out that the injuries were sustained from abuse in the home, I would have stepped in. As it is, there is no reason for me to be here.” He stood up and shook my hand. “Have a nice day Jason, and be sure to take care of yourself. Stepping up to stop violence in your school was a right decent sort of thing to do.” After saying goodbye, he left.

The vice principal also took his leave, after apologizing for not having prevented the situation in the first place. I told him not to worry about it.

It was so close to the end of school that I just walked out to the car with my mom. Five minutes later the last bell rang and my sister came out the front doors. After she got in the car we drove home. “So I was thinking.” Sharon told me as we turned onto our street. “Maybe I was being a little too hard on you. If you want to go out this weekend, you can. But you’re still grounded on the weekdays.”

My stepsister snorted at this. “Why is he getting any lenience? You shouldn’t let him out of his room for the next ten years.”

“Shut up Karen.” I told her. I might have nudged her a little with my power, because she didn’t say a thing for the rest of the car ride. My mom had been ready to jump between us, but when Karen didn’t give any retort, she let the matter drop.