The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Her Minstrel Period

This story would not be possible were it not for two people. First, I would like to thank Bad Penny, whose September, 2009 contest over at the MC Forum, invited us to take her to a fair of some kind. This story is my entry into this contest. The second person I would like to thank, is flibinite. Were it not her her honest commentary from reading an earlier version of this story, I don’t think I would be sending this story in for wider consumption. This story is a work of fiction and as such, it should be thought of as a work of fiction. Adult fiction, to be more precise. If you’re not an adult or if you don’t know what I’m talking about when I say ‘adult fiction,’ you’re probably ill-suited towards reading a story such as this one. (Or, as some of my characters might say, “Fie on you…") Any similarities to actual people, living or dead, are strictly coincidental. I welcome commentary and criticism. My e-mail address is .

“Looks like the next exit’s the one we want, Eddie!” Cindy leaned forward from the backseat of the car, looking back and forth between her sister and her boyfriend, before leaning back and smiling at her own boyfriend.

“Thanks, Cin. It really was nice of your brother to give us these tickets.”

“I think,” snorted Beth from the passenger’s seat, “he couldn’t find anyone else to give them to, so he gave them to us. I mean, really, how long’ve we been driving now? Two hours? Longer?”

“Oh, give it a rest, Beth.” Tom leaned forward, brushing Cindy’s shoulder. “You’ve said it yourself. Jason’s been in love with the stage since he was in third grade. Now here he is, playing Hamlet of all characters, and you’re, well... I guess you should be more excited about it, that’s all.”

“I’d be more excited about it if he were doing it, one... closer to home, and two... in an actual theater, not in some half-assed Renaissance Faire.”

“Aw, c’mon, Beth,” Cindy chided her sister. “I’ve heard that these things are a lot of fun.”

“Yeah, for, like, eight-year olds.”

Eddie diverted his eyes from the road for a moment, turning to look at Beth. “Can you at least try to have some fun? For me?”

Beth scoffed and said, “I guess I could try.”

“Attagirl.” Eddie smiled.

After a brief silence, Cindy said, “Thank you for driving, Eddie!”

“Yes, thank you,” added Tom.

“Don’t mention it! I’ve actually been looking forward to this for a few days now.”

Beth opened her mouth to speak but didn’t have the chance to say anything before Eddie spoke again, teasingly. “In spite of what my girlfriend thinks about this place.”

Everyone laughed.

After another silent moment, Beth asked. “So what time’s Jason’s show?”

“4:30,” Cindy replied.

“Any thoughts on what we can do until then?”

Tom said, “We can start with lunch.”

“Seems fair,” Beth mused. “I wonder what kinds of food they have.”

“Probably not those deep-fried Twinkies we saw at the state fair last year. Remember those?” Cindy laughed.

“I couldn’t even look at those things,” said Beth.

“It really wasn’t that bad,” Eddie added. “And I don’t even like Twinkies.”

Beth gently slapped Eddie on the leg. “In a few hundred years, when anthropologists and historians start wondering why this country collapsed, deep-fried Twinkies will probably be one of the things they focus on.”

“And you can rest assured that I did my part!”

Everyone laughed as Eddie maneuvered the car into the entrance to the parking lot. He rolled down the window as a woman, dressed in a lacy purple dress that flowed down to her ankles, walked up to the car. As she walked, her flat shoes and cross-garters were visible below the hem of her dress.

Cindy leaned over to Tom just before the woman approached the car, and whispered, “I wouldn’t have thought the parking attendants would be dressed and made-up like people from the renaissance.”

“You never know,” Tom responded.

The woman approached the open window. “Verily, did I hear laughter as I approached thy chariot?”

“Um, yeah,” Eddie responded, unsure where this was leading. Beth remained silent and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Yea! We are always appreciative of the merrymakers who arrive. Now... for the privilege of a safe space wherein you can...”

Eddie pulled out the pass from Jason and flashed it to the parking lot attendant. She took hold of it and examined it carefully.

“Oh, I beg your pardon milords and miladies. I prithee to direct thy chariot towards yonder post.” She gestured to her left with a flourish. “Enjoy thy time with us.”

Eddie drove past the parking attendant’s station and found a parking space near the main entrance. “It pays to know people, doesn’t it?”

“I guess so,” Tom responded.

They found a parking space and walked towards the entrance. Beth made notice of the section of the parking lot where their space was located. “Everyone remember, we parked in the ‘Grape’ parking area.”

“That’s interesting,” mused Cindy.

“What is?” Beth didn’t think the name of their parking area was anything truly remarkable.

“The name of the section of the parking lot where we parked. I wonder if there’s any other fruits, or if they’re going for the more realistic bit of choosing names that trace their meanings back to Renaissance or medieval times.”

“What’re you talking about, Cin?” Beth’s annoyance was resurfacing.

“You can figure any old street in England with the name ‘grape’ in it, was once the center of the red light district, if you would.”

“What? Where did you hear that?” Tom asked, truly curious.

“Well, in the olden days, many streets in England took their names from the type of commerce that went on there. And the places where the prostitutes hung out, well, it was called,” she paused and glanced at her sister, knowing she probably wouldn’t want to hear what she was about to say. “Gropecunt Lane.”

Beth didn’t hide her shock at the name, but Cindy ignored her.

“The word ‘cunt’ didn’t have the same shock value back in the middle ages. If you read The Canterbury Tales, you’ll find a direct usage of the word ‘cunt,’ although it’s spelled differently.”

“How was it spelled?” Eddie asked, his curiosity piqued.

“Something like Q-U-E-Y-N-T-E. It’s in the Miller’s Tale.”

“How quaint,” Beth mumbled.

Cindy ignored her sister. “At any rate, the word really only became crude around about the renaissance era. That’s when they started renaming roads like that. The word ‘grope’ morphed into the much more friendly ‘grape.’ The ‘cunt’ part of the name either fell away or became ‘count’ or something similar.”

“Well, I still don’t like the word,” huffed Beth.

“No one says you have to. I’m just saying it’s more vulgar today than it was ages ago. So the choice of the name ‘grape’ for our parking section is, well, interesting.”

“Yeah, whatever,” Beth sighed.

The group of four paused inside the gate as Tom was eyeballing a map of kiosks, vendors, and important locations. After a minute, he pointed towards a small hill near where they stood. “Looks like the nearest place we can get lunch is that way.”

“Then let’s head that way,” Cindy responded.

They walked a short distance, passing several people wearing clothes of medieval and renaissance times. Eddie mused that these people were a mix of employees and vendors for the fair itself, and visitors who were “really into” this style.

When they arrived at the food kiosk, Beth looked over the menu of available items and her face fell. “What IS this?” she asked of no one in particular.

“What’s what?” Eddie asked.

“Just look at that menu. I’d think that, here, you’d at least be able to get a piece of pizza, or a hot dog, or a hamburger, or something normal. Not mutton and ... are they really selling gruel?”

“Mutton’s sheep, right?” Cindy chimed in. “That’s like lamb, and you like lamb, don’t you?”

“Um... yeah, but...”

“Why don’t you just get an order of mutton, and maybe some bread and be done with it?”

Beth sighed but, looking at the stern faces of her boyfriend, sister, and Tom, decided against creating any more of a scene than she had already.

She placed her order and received her order in a pewter bowl. She glanced down at the stew-like food in front of her and, after a moment, she asked her server, “Um, miss? Aren’t we supposed to get a fork or a spoon or something?”

“I prithee milady, but such extravagance is not for a meal such as this! You ought use the bread which you have been given in its stead.”

Beth grumbled underneath her breath, picked up her plate, and followed the rest of her group back to a table.

Tom had ordered the same thing as Beth, and, after two heaping mouthfuls of bread and mutton, he remarked, “This is actually pretty good, don’t you think so, Beth?”

Beth clutched her bread by the tips of her fingers, barely getting any of the meat into her mouth. She looked down at her own plate, closed her eyes, and sighed.

Lunch, for the four of them, went somewhat quickly, although Beth tuned most of the conversation out. She didn’t want to spoil everyone else’s fun, but watching them all, she legitimately didn’t understand how they could be having fun and laughing.

Once everyone had finished, Beth was the first to stand up. “I’m going over to the ladies’ room to wash up. Cindy, do you want to come with me?”

Cindy looked at her own gravy-soaked hands. “That’s probably a good idea.” Looking up at Tom, she suggested, “We’ll meet you boys back right around here?”

“Sounds good to me,” Tom smiled.

After the two sisters were out of earshot, Tom genially punched Eddie on the arm. “Is she normally that stuck up?”

“She’s usually a lot of fun, but when she doesn’t like something, she lets everyone know, ya know? I’m just... I’d just like to know who pissed in her Cheerios this morning, that’s all.”

There was a slight lull in conversation, but the silence was quickly broken by an elderly gentleman, dressed to resemble Leonardo da Vinci, who spoke, “Zounds!”

Tom and Eddie both looked up at the old man, who smiled and continued to speak, this time, directly to Eddie. “Did I hear that thou art having troubles with thy wench?”

“My wench?” Eddie chuckled as he spoke these words, but decided to play along. “Er, aye, milord.”

“Well, good sirs. On this date, thy troubles shall cease to be.”

“What do you, er, um, what dost thou know of my troubles?”

“I daresay that I have thee with thine wench observed, and that the remedy for her intemperance awaits through yon gateway.” The old man pointed towards a high yet narrow archway. Both Tom and Eddie had to turn around to see where he was pointing.

Eddie and Tom looked at each other and then back towards the archway, which prominently bore a sign that read, “Adultes Only.”

Tom turned to face the old man again, followed shortly by Eddie, who asked, “Um, what’s through the gateway?”

“You wish for her to imbibe of the specialty mead.”

“The specialty mead?”

“Aye. None other than she should imbibe, lest they follow thy wench.”

“But...”

“There are other potables for the rest of thy clan. Only thy wench shall imbibe of the specialty mead.”

“Um, thank you...” Eddie commented, unsure of what he was thanking the man for. He quickly added, “Sir.”

“Thou art welcome. Mayhaps, I shall see thee anon.” The man turned on his heels and walked away.

Eddie and Tom watched the man disappear into the crowd. Tom broke the uncomfortable silence by saying, “That was ...”

Both men said, “weird” at the same time.

Eddie looked at Tom and asked, “Do you think I should?”

“Um, I wouldn’t force it on her, but what harm is there in offering? The simple fact that there’s an adults only area makes me wonder what’s there anyway, so, I say we ought to go...”

“Let’s. Do you know what mead is, anyway?”

“Um, I think it’s related to beer. Not sure what it’s made of, but we can probably find out when we get there, don’t you think?”

“When we get where?” Cindy came up from behind the two men and surprised them both.

“The adults only area.” Tom pointed toward the gate. “An older guy who works here told us they’ve got mead to drink in that part of the fair over there, and we were wondering what it is.”

“It’s like beer, isn’t it?” Beth mused.

“Let’s go and find out,” answered Eddie.

“Anything to get away from all of these kids.” Beth crossed her arms and led the group towards the “adultes only” area. Tom chuckled under his breath at his complete lack of surprise that Beth wanted to be somewhere, where there weren’t any children.

Pausing at the sign, Cindy wondered out loud if the spelling is consistent with renaissance-era spelling.

“Now that, milady, is a fair question to pose.” A man, playing a lute near the gate, smiled at her. “There was quite little agreement as to correct usage in our written tongue until Samuel Johnson penned his Dictionary of the English Language in the year of our Lord, 1755. Ye may thusly state, that this post is neither correct nor incorrect.”

“Oh, thank you.” Cindy hadn’t really expected an answer to her musings.

“Ye are most welcome. If you seek to enter, however, I must see some documents proving you are agèd more than one and twenty.”

The women fumbled in their purses and the men reached for their wallets, all showing their drivers’ licenses.

“By all means, enjoy yourselves, milords and ladies.” With a sweeping arm gesture, the man directed them through the gate.

Once through the gate, they glanced around in all directions. To their left, they saw what appeared to be an semi-enclosed stage, with a sign above it reading “Globe Theatre.” Straight ahead, they saw a building that appeared to be constructed from bricks, with a sign that read, “Shoppes.” To their right, they saw several kiosks, not unlike the kiosk from which they had purchased their lunch.

People were milling about near the kiosks, and a steady stream of people strode anxiously towards the “shoppes.” The Globe Theatre, for the time being, seemed deserted. Eddie pointed towards the kiosks and led the group in that direction.

As the crowed became denser, Eddie turned and smiled at Beth and Cindy. “Tom and I’ll get you girls something to drink, is that all right?”

“Sure,” Beth sighed. “You know I don’t like beer, though, so don’t get me that mead stuff if you don’t think I’d like it.”

“I’ll take a beer, though,” Cindy chimed in.

Out of the corner of his eye, Tom noticed Beth glaring at Cindy as the two men walked away. He and Eddie waded through the crowd and found that most of the people there were simply standing there, apparently enjoying their drinks.

After an unexpectedly short wait, a buxom woman who looked as though she had just stepped out of an Oktoberfest celebration spoke to them. “Good morrow to ye, milords. What would ye be imbibin’ today?”

“Well, that depends,” Eddie started. “Could you please tell me what exactly is in mead?”

“Mead? Ahh, yes, milords. Mead is a honey-based brew and is most delicious. Mead was, and in some places still is, a traditional gift for the newly betrothed...”

Eddie raised his finger to say something when Tom whispered in his ear, “She means married.”

“Oh.” He looked at the server sheepishly. “I’m sorry. Please go on.”

“By tradition, the young couple ought receive a gift of one month’s worth of mead. This is the origin of the common phrase ‘honeymoon.’ Would ye care for some mead?”

“Um, do you have the special mead? I see mead, but not special mead on your sign.”

The server’s eyes widened. She rounded her lips as if to say something, but said nothing. Instead, she simply nodded her head and displayed a very toothy grin.

“For whom do ye wish to purchase the special mead?”

“Um, for my girlfriend over there.” He pointed at Beth, whose arms were crossed and whose face seemed set in a scowl.

“Aye, that be a good choice. And would you like anything yourself, good sir?”

“Um...” He glanced up at the wooden sign that listed all available drinks. “Could I please have a glass of your dark ale?”

“Of course, my good sir. Of course.”

Tom added, “And could I also have two dark ales?”

“Aye, milord. The cost shall be twelve in all.”

As the two men split the cost evenly, Tom remarked, “That’s a pretty good price, considering.”

“Yeah, really,” answered Eddie as he took a sip of his ale. “This is really good!”

They carried their drinks back to Cindy and Beth. Cindy was clearly trying, with limited success, to convince her sister to relax and enjoy the fair, even for a short while.

Eddie handed Beth her mead and smiled.

“I take it you found out what mead is?”

“Honey.”

Beth cautiously took a sip of her drink. The thick, viscous liquid moved slowly towards her lips. Once she had a taste of the drink, she thrust her tongue out to ensure that she had tasted every drop.

Beth rubbed her eyes and quickly took another sip. “You know, that’s actually really good.”

Eddie placed his hand on her shoulder. “It’s nice to see you smile. You really ought to do it more.”

Beth started to drink the contents of her cup with greater enthusiasm.

“Do you mind if I ...” Cindy stopped and watched Beth lower the now-empty cup from her lips. She quietly finished her own sentence. “Try some... I guess not.”

Tom paused for a moment and remembered that the kiosk had regular mead as well. “Would you like me to get you one?”

“Maybe later. I’m fine with this beer for now” She turned to face her sister. “I just don’t remember the last time you ate or drank anything that quickly.”

“Well, that was really good. And... well... I just...” Beth smiled broadly and looked at the rest of her group. “Let’s just say it was good. Let’s see what else is around here.” She hiccuped.

Beth started to walk away from the kiosks but stopped when she realized nobody was following her. “What? What’s wrong?”

“Oh, nothing,” Cindy said. “It’s just that... Well, we’d—or at least, I’d like to have more of my drink before we start moving again, that’s all.”

“Well, hurry up! Jason’s show starts in a few short hours and there’s bound to be a lot to do before then...”

“Um, OK.” Cindy looked at Tom and Eddie. “What’s going on here?” she whispered. putting her hands on her hips.

Eddie explained. “While you two were getting washed up, an old man said that it would help her attitude. It certainly did that, wouldn’t you say?”

“Um, yeah. It’s kind of scary. I can’t tell. Do you think she’s drunk?”

“After that one little cup?” Eddie stepped closer to Beth and looked closely at her eyes.

“What’re you doing, Eddie?” Beth giggled and playfully pushed him away.

He turned to face Cindy and Tom. “Not as far as I can tell. Apart from the attitude, she seems fine.”

A thin man, playing a flute, meandered past. Like all of the other people who worked at the fair, he was dressed in medieval garb; his tunic and tights were a vibrant green.

Tom smiled. “I think this guy’s supposed to be like the Pied Piper of Hamlin or something.”

“Yeah, but what’s he doing in the adult’s—” Cindy paused for a moment as it seemed as though he looked up, his eyes twinkling.

As the piper walked by, Beth silently turned to follow him. It took Eddie, Tom, and Cindy a moment to realize that she was moving, and they rushed to catch up with her. If Beth heard them call out to her, she paid them no attention.

Beth was soon joined by several other people, all of whom had a cadre of friends and relatives who were acting like Beth’s friends and sister.

The small parade snaked around all of the paths within the “adultes” area, before finally ending at the Globe Theatre. The piper led his charges to the stage and moved off to the side, never stopping his playing.

A man dressed in black came on stage stepped forward around Beth and her fellow followers, all of whom were swaying gently to the sound of the music. Seeing the sheer number of people clamoring to reach their loved ones, he spoke. In spite of the lack of a visible microphone, his voice resonated loudly throughout the theatre.

“Milords and miladies, I prithee to seat yourselves and enjoy the merriment which we have planned for you.” He turned around and performed a quick head count, before facing his audience again. “Before you stands five knaves and five wenches, each of whom had previously demonstrated a—shall we say—impertinence towards our humble festivities. The special mead which they imbibed, together with our merry piper beside me, has remedied them of their spleen. The mead hath given them knowledge, and the music hath given them courage. With knowledge and courage aligned, our knaves and wenches shall frolic! Prithee, find thyselves a seat and regard the festivities!”

Cindy looked at Tom, who shrugged.

Eddie sighed, “We can’t leave Beth here. We probably shouldn’t rush up on stage, but I’d like to make sure we stay as close as possible. Let’s just see what happens.”

Other people from the crowd started to take their seats as well, so Cindy and Tom reluctantly did as Eddie suggested.

As the crowd started to settle down, the announcer bent low on the stage to speak with four brawny-looking men. Tom paid close attention to this and, although he couldn’t hear what was actually being said, he couldn’t help but notice that the host was holding up two fingers. He wondered what the two fingers represented.

Cindy furled her brow as what looked like the last of the audience sat down. Leaning over to Tom, she whispered, “Is it my imagination, or are there more people standing by the doors watching us, than there are people watching this show?”

Tom tried not to move his head as he glanced around the theatre. “I don’t think it’s your imagination,” he whispered back to his girlfriend.

Once everyone had taken their seats, the piper stepped forward. As he strode forward, the people assembled on stage started to move around into two circles. When the movement stopped, the “performers” were standing in two circles of five people each. The women stood on stage left, and the men stood on stage right.

The man in black stood between the two circles and pointed towards the women. “Sing!”

Beth stepped forward and began to sing, in tune with the piper’s song:

Hey lolly, hey lily, hey lolly, hi lay
Take pleasure from life, celebrate, and be gay
We wenches and knaves, a great lesson learned
From doubters, nay-sa’ers, to pleasure have turned.

As the audience broke into applause, Tom whispered to Cindy, “I didn’t know she could sing.”

“Yeah. She sang with our church’s choir since she was, like, ten.”

“She’s good.”

The performers began to dance, pairing off from the two circles. Beth’s dance partner was a tall, muscular man whose appearance made Eddie begin to feel jealous. He glanced over at Cindy, who caught his gaze.

Cindy whispered to Eddie, “That’s weird. She usually complains about what she calls the muscle-bound brainless wonders.”

As the music played on, Beth and her cohorts began to dance with increasing sensuality.

Beth placed her hands on her partner’s shoulders, and he cupped her ass with his own hands.

The man in black clapped his hands twice, and the piper’s music slowed down and became more monotone. All ten dancers froze where they stood. With a high flourish on the flute, all of the women turned to face the audience, their faces expressionless. Following a similar flourish, albeit two octaves lower, the men turned towards the audience, taking a place directly behind the women.

Eddie fidgeted nervously in his seat.

The host raised his hands and stepped closer to the audience. “Milords and miladies, prithee demonstrate your appreciation for our goodly performers here.”

The applause started slowly, but built in intensity.

He turned to face his cast. With a clap of his hands, he called out, “Wenches! Doff thy vestments!”

“What?! No!!!” A woman a couple of rows behind Eddie screamed. “That’s my daughter!” She hurriedly ran to the aisle in the auditorium and started to sprint towards the stage. Two ushers stopped her and physically restrained her from moving forward. She started kicking, screaming, scratching, and generally doing whatever she could to reach the stage.

The ushers, in turn, started to chastise her. “Fie on you! Be not disquiet!” In the end, the ushers were simply too strong and she was quickly subdued and forced to the ground.

Eddie, Tom, and Cindy were so distracted by the woman, that the sounds coming from their other side of a man being subdued by four ushers jolted them into a sense of growing unease.

Once it was clear that both the man and the woman were not going to harm anyone, a woman walked by. She pushed a large barrel on a board on wheels. She approached the four ushers and the man they had tackled.

One of the ushers picked up a small goblet and dipped it into the barrel. A thick, yellowish liquid dripped down the sides of the goblet. The other three ushers turned the man onto his back. Together, the four ushers forced the liquid into the man’s mouth. The woman lifted his head and he swallowed the liquid.

“Enjoy thy special mead!” she said in a sing-songy voice as she crossed to the woman.

Eddie glared at Tom and mouthed the words “special mead” to him, a look of sheer panic on his face.

In relatively short time, the man who had previously been forced to the ground was standing up. He quickly climbed up on stage and joined the other performers on the stage. Soon thereafter, the woman whose daughter was already on the stage, joined her daughter. The woman quickly began to undress on the stage.

The ushers looked around at the rest of the audience. The sight of those two people seemed to have been sufficient to keep the rest of the audience in check.

By the time Cindy, Tom, and Eddie’s attention returned to the action on the stage, Beth had stripped down to just her panties. Eddie covered his eyes as he watched her slowly roll her last clothing down to her ankles and step out of them.

The host picked up the bra that was previously worn by the late arrival from the audience, held it high, and called out, “What a most peculiar garment.” Facing its owner, he asked, “What is this? What is its function?”

The woman’s voice carried nearly as well as the host’s. “A bra, squire. It offers my bustline a firm appearance.”

“How peculiar! Does it function like a corset?”

“Aye, milord.”

“Very well.” He clapped his hands again and called out, “Knaves, doff thy vestments as well.”

The men, including the newcomer, did exactly as instructed. A few people in the audience shuffled loudly enough in their seats to attract the attention of the ushers, but none made enough of a noise to justify additional intervention.

The master of ceremonies clapped his hands twice above his head. The clapping was a cue to the piper, who changed tempo, key, and rhythm. All of the women responded to this change by getting down on their hands and knees, lifting their heads to face the audience. Eddie and Cindy both gasped in a combination of horror and fear.

Eddie leaned over to Cindy and asked, “Do you think she knows what she’s doing?”

Cindy wiped a tear from her eye and said, “I don’t think so. She looks so ... distant.”

The host clapped his hands once more and the piper lowered his key. In response to this, all of the men knelt down behind the women.

The piper started to play his music faster. As the music picked up in intensity, the women all started to gasp and moan. The six woman let out a combined squeal that was punctuated by the music, as each of the six men took the women from behind.

“This is disgusting!” cried out one woman in the audience. “Please! That’s my husband up there! Make it stop! Please!”

One of the guards growled, “Methinks this one requires a taste of the special mead!”

Everyone turned to face this woman, who, by now, was crying and hiding her face. “N-n-no! I—I’ll...”

“Ye shall do what?”

“I... I’ll stay quiet. Just ... please... no mead, I beg you.” She buried her face in her hands.

Eddie shifted restlessly in his own seat, careful not to attract any attention to himself. Cindy and Tom both turned to face Eddie, their looks as comforting as they could muster.

With a sense of unease, the rest of the audience either turned to watch the happenings on stage, or to cover their faces, hiding their shame.

The flute music became a long, drawn-out trill and all of the women moaned with pleasure in response. As the trill faded away, replaced with the original flute music returning to its form, their moans faded away as well. The men continued to thrust into the women in almost perfect time with the music.

The music picked up in intensity and pace, and all twelve participants in this mead-fueled orgy screamed and moaned in pleasure. The music slowly faded as they all collapsed on the stage, sound asleep.

The host stepped forward to face the audience once more. “I daresay that our performers did quite well this morrow. They have but one more performance before I shall grant them leave.”

He nodded at the piper, who nodded back at him. The host clapped his hands twice. The piper played a slow, drawn-out melody. Beth and the others on stage with her started to stir slowly. Some held their heads as they rose to their feet, swaying to the music.

The host paired them up again, this time, each woman was paired with another woman, and each man was paired with another man. Beth’s partner was a girl, about her own age, with a navel piercing, blonde hair streaked with blue and pink, and several tattoos.

Tom shook his head. “No. He’s not going to... He can’t... I...” When he saw one of the ushers approaching him, he stopped muttering and dug his own fingernails into the palms of his hands. Cindy crossed and uncrossed her legs rapidly.

The host clapped his hands, and the music, in response, picked up in intensity. Beth’s partner smiled broadly and knelt down on her knees. Within moments, two other women on stage, and three of the men, were also kneeling on the stage, all smiling broadly.

When the host clapped his hands a second time, all of the kneeling participants turned to face the right side of the stage. All of the standing participants turned to face the left side of the stage.

Those who stood on their knees moved closer to their partners, placing their hands on their partners’ hips.

Eddie could feel his heart pounding in anticipation of what was about to happen, and he shuffled restlessly in his seat. With each beat of his heart, it seemed as though time itself were frozen. The twelve people under the control of the piper barely moved. Eddie wondered if they knew what was about to happen.

The host clapped his hands once more. The flute reached a high-pitched trill, and Beth’s partner lunged forward with an outstretched tongue, and she started to eat Beth out. Beth’s hands found the back of her partner’s head, adjusting her head to find the right spot.

Beth bit her lip and let out a low moan. The other standing women joined Beth in a chorus of arousal that was punctuated by the sound of the flute.

The kneeling men bobbed their heads up and down on their partners’ erect cocks in perfect time with the piper’s music.

The music rose in pitch and tempo. Tom turned around to look at other members of the audience. Most people looked extremely uncomfortable. People were diverting their eyes, covering their faces, and, in many cases, looking around to see what everyone else in the audience was doing. Several people—men and women—were noticeably crying.

With the crescendo in the flute music, all of the standing women let out a collective high-pitched moan.

The music slowed down and the men and women on their knees continued their performance.

The flute music reached a crescendo quickly. Another trill filled the auditorium, and all of the standing men and women moaned and screamed in pleasure. With the end of the trill, all other sounds on stage came to an end as well.

The host clapped his hands, and the piper paused for a moment as he started to play a slow vibrato. Beth and her five standing colleagues knelt down, as the six previously kneeling performers stood up. The music melted into a high-pitched trill.

Eddie buried his face in his hands as his girlfriend ate out her pierced, tattooed partner with an enthusiasm he himself had never seen her use when performing any sexual act.

The flute music was a repetition of what was played when Beth was on the receiving end of her partner’s tongue, with the same crescendoes, and the same trills.

As the music came to an end and all participants had been fully satisfied, the host stepped forward on the stage one last time. He clapped his hands once and the music returned to the same sound that the piper had played to lead everyone into this theatre. All twelve performers stood and turned to face the audience once more.

“You may now re-attire yourselves.”

The audience heaved a collective sigh of relief as all twelve people on the stage moved around, finding their clothes and getting dressed.

Once everyone was dressed, they stood shoulder to shoulder and stared out at the audience.

The host found Beth and said, “Let us re-hear thy dulcet tones.”

Beth stepped forward and sang again, in time with the playing of the flute.

We dozen up here, in pleasure partook
And found that this faire treats us by the book
To the mead and the pipe, we bared our hearts
The day is now done, alas, we must part.

The piper’s playing became softer and slower. Beth and her fellow performers calmly stepped down from the stage and found their friends and families. Shortly after Beth rejoined her Cindy, Eddie, and Tom, the flute music stopped.

Beth shook her head and brushed the hair out of her eyes. “There you are, guys! Ya know, I’m glad we came here today. Sorry if I was a bit of a crab before, but...”

She looked around at the rest of her group and sighed. “Are you guys all right? This place is awesome, isn’t it? C’mon! Let’s ... see if we can find the jousting tournament.” She glanced down at her watch. “It looks like it starts in about ... fifteen minutes.”

“Um... Sure...” Cindy tried to sound more excited, in spite of the truth that the only reason to stay any longer at this fair, was the fact that her brother would be performing in about two hours.

The four of them left the “adultes only” area and found their way to the jousting tournament.

“This looks interesting, don’tcha think?” Beth asked her companions.

“Yeah,” Cindy responded, not entirely enthusiastic but glad that they wouldn’t have to deal with the spectacle they had just observed. “I thought they were done with jousting tournaments by the time the renaissance came around.”

Beth chided her sister. “You’re probably right, but who cares?”

As each knight knocked another off of his horse, Beth applauded enthusiastically for the victor.

By the end of the jousting tournament, they saw that Jason’s performance would begin in less than a half hour. “We probably should go to the bathroom and head over to the Globe Theatre, huh?” Beth said.

“Um...” Tom hesitated and said, “Sure.”

“We’ll meet you guys by the entrance to the adults only area, okay?” Cindy said, mustering up as much strength as she could, in an attempt to sound normal.

“Okay,” Eddie responded.

The four of them found their way into the theatre without incident and watched their brother perform Shakespeare’s noble Dane flawlessly.

After the show was over, he came down from the stage and found his sisters and their dates.

“Cindy! Beth! I’m so glad you came!”

“Wouldn’t have missed it for the world, Jas,” Beth answered, smiling broadly.

“Who are these guys?”

Beth made a sweeping gesture. “Meet my boyfriend, Eddie.”

“Nice to meet you, Eddie.” Jason shook his hand, smiling broadly.

“I’ve heard a lot about you, Jason.”

“Hopefully nothing bad...”

Both men laughed. As the laughter died down, Tom stepped forward to shake Jason’s hand. “Tom.”

“Jason.”

“Nice job up there, Jason.”

“Thank you.”

Beth stepped closer to Jason and commented, “This place seems like a lot of fun. Do you think they’d have room for me as one of their wandering singers?”

“I ... could probably pull a few strings, but there’s no one here now. My manager would probably want to hear you sing, and he’ll be here tomorrow morning. D’you think you can come back, say, tomorrow at 9?”

She looked at Eddie, upon hearing this request. “I’d really like that.”

Eddie, Tom, and Cindy, without consulting with one another, were all in agreement that, at this stage, they should be non-committal.

“How much longer will you guys stick around here today?” Jason asked.

Tom looked at his watch. “It’s getting kind of late. We probably should head back now.”

“Well, all right,” Jason said. “Drive carefully. Maybe I’ll see you tomorrow?”

Beth giggled. “I hope so.”

Jason’s sisters and their boyfriends started towards the exits from the theatre as Jason joined other members of the cast to talk with different people from the audience.

Eddie asked, “Did anyone remember where we parked?”

Beth responded before Cindy could, “Gropecunt Lane.” She let out a slight giggle.

Cindy rolled her eyes and said, “I think you mean Grape Lane.”

“Whatever.”

Once the four of them were in the car and starting down the highway, Beth asked the question that had been on her mind: “So, d’you think we can come back tomorrow?”

“Um... I’d rather not,” Eddie answered.

Tom chimed in, “It’s too long a drive.”

Cindy added, “There’s got to be somewhere closer to home where you can sing...”

Beth scowled, put her hands on her hips and said, “I know what you need. You should get some of that special mead.”

-end-