The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

HORNET’S NEST

By fembotheather

CHAPTER TWO

No one seemed to know how or why it had begun. The Hive had simply appeared and started asserting itself about seven years before. Everyone knew it must be there, as everyone had heard of people being carried away in the night, of massive underground complexes beneath what appeared to be abandoned buildings and isolated farmhouses. It was the urban legend that everyone knew was true, but most tried to believe wasn’t.

There were stories of it having been created by everything from aliens to ancient Egyptians. One story said it had been the creation of a woman who had been a slave mistress and who had decided, having contracted some terminal disease, to extend her control beyond her own mortality.

Whatever the Hive’s origin, the Corps, as it was called, had been created to fight it. The Corps was an underground, privately funded organization, shrouded in its own web of secrecy. They worked on their own, as the governments of the world seemed not to take the Hive seriously. They had run investigations, certainly, but each had ended with only a report being filed detailing exhaustive searching with negative results.

A University Professor named Louise Thorber had created the Corps a few years after the first rumors of the Hive had begun to spread. Dr Thorber‘s daughter had disappeared one night after a rave party, never to be heard from again. Finding out that others had vanished similarly and finding similar accounts she had become ware of the Hive and that it almost certainly had her daughter. Using her own money at first, she had hired former soldiers, who, in turn, had trained others to fight the growing Hive menace. From this beginning had grown an entire organization, one dedicated to fighting and destroying the Hive.

Sometimes, it seemed that the world’s governments cared more for stopping the Corps than even acknowledging the existence of the Hive. They carefully scrutinized every aspect of it, using the resources of the law to restrict its activities as a rogue vigilante organization. Corps members were forbidden to carry guns. They were able to exist, but only in the capacity of bounty hunters and detectives. They could go looking for specific women, who had disappeared, ostensibly hired by the woman’s families or friends, but were allowed to do little else.

The Corps, as an organization, was no longer centralized. Early on there had been a central control of its operations; however the Hive had somehow infiltrated Corps security, which had led to the disappearance of many of their members… whole units, in some cases. After that, the remnants of the embattled Corps had reformed isolated individual cells, with each cell connected through a system of intermediaries. Thereafter, if one cell was compromised by the Hive, the damage could be limited, and not threaten the whole organization.

Despite such precautions, many such Cells had been lost in this secret war. Every member of the Corps knew at least one woman who had been taken by the Hive. For better or worse, the Hive’s plans did not include killing, at least to the best of anyone‘s knowledge.

In fact, some Hive victims had been rescued. Depending on how long a person had been under, deprogramming had been quite successful. At least those in command maintained that it had been successful… most members didn’t know much about the deprogramming end.

Unfortunately, rescued slaves seemed unable to remember anything about how the Hive functioned. No one, not even The Corps founder, Dr. Thorber, seemed to know just how extensive the hive’s control mechanisms were.

They were struggling to learn, though, and in the process, save as many victims as they could.

That was the plan, at least.

* * *

(Three hours earlier…)

The commandoes wore the standard Corps uniform. It had been assembled using gear that could be obtained cheaply from Army/Navy surplus catalogs: Black combat boots, rugged cargo pants in a deep gray camo pattern, and a black turtleneck. The soldiers also wore a web system to hold their equipment. A belt supported a stun gun, plastic wire ties, and a pouch, along with holding four compact anesthetic masks for subduing an unwilling rescuee or Hive member. Each member also carried a portable multi channel two way radio which they wore as a headset, hung over one ear, with a microphone extending out near their mouth.

“Sea-hag one to Mini-hag,” Tina signaled on her headset radio. Deep in the hive, Team One was getting into position. Tina was in overall command of both units, leading the support team. She scrutinized the activity around her, her trim figure stretching her black turtleneck as she leaned against a wall, her almond-shaped brown eyes shining in the subdued lighting.

“Copy you, Sea-hag,” Lexa’s voice crackled in Tina’s ear. Lexa, the team’s second in command, led the backup team, three commandoes stationed at the boat concealed near the river bank, a few hundred yards downhill from the supposedly abandoned semiconductor plant. “Is Tracy giving you shit?”

Inside the hive, Tina started at the uncoded comment, knowing Lexa and Tracy, the team’s number three, hated each other, and had for some time. On the other hand, Tina mused, Lexa could be using the name Tracy as code for “enemy.” she smiled slightly to herself.

Their history had been tainted when Tracy, who had made advances on Tina, had found out that Tina and Lexa were secretly an item. Their pairing, now public knowledge, had buried any chance of friendship between Lexa and Tracy.

“She’s behaving herself… the hosts are about to throw a party. They have lots of new hardware in bins. It looks like they are taking the show on the road, over.” Everywhere they had looked there were bins containing new uniforms for Hive slaves. There also seemed to be an overabundance of the Hive’s conversion pods everywhere.

Tina looked at the seemingly endless lines of slaves, dressed in silver, walking robotically past, and many pushed carts holding uniforms for new slaves. The Hive was planning to swarm soon, it was clear. Tina shivered at the thought and traded looks with Jen, as her companion worked to open a locked door. The place was living up to its name, certainly, as it teemed with worker bees, and there was a hum, like the voice of a million hornets, that filled the place.

Tina wondered absently if it was the hum of air conditioning or some other unseen machinery. “What’s your status, Mini-hag?”

“Welcoming committee received and relaxing,” Lexa spoke into her mic, looking down at two anesthetized wasps on the ground, their wrists bound by plastic wire ties. Her two teammates were watching them and the surrounding area. I’ll bet that even the doc has never seen anything like it.” Lexa informed her leader, using their pre-arranged code to let Tina know the Hive had seemingly upgraded its control collars. “Wonderful vacation so far. The river, the swamp essence, great for the skin… remember chips and dips on the barby in two and twenty.”

“Noted.” Tina replied, smiling slightly at her friend‘s sarcasm, impossible to miss, even in code. She continued to watch the slaves walking obliviously past, each controlled by their collar and headgear, each thinking only what they were told to think. She shivered again.

Built in the 1960’s, and expanded over the decades since, the massive semiconductor factory complex dominated the riverbank. As the new Millennium had dawned, the plant had seen dwindling sales, then cutbacks, then been closed altogether. Its remote location had apparently fit in well with the Hive’s designs.

“Gathering party favors, need to stop at the store for eggs. Next contact will be in point thirty, over.” Her team was ready; the only obstacle was the door that Jen was trying to open by bypassing its security. Initially, all the doors in the complex had opened easily, but now this one resisted. Deep inside herself, Tina was worried. This door was the last they needed to deactivate. After Tracy’s group had undertaken the rescue, it would be up to Tina and Jen to pave the way for their escape. The plan hinged upon opening this last barrier and they were behind schedule.

“Copy that, Sea-hag,” Lexa closed. Somewhere deep down, she was worried as well. The Corps had been doing small-scale snatch and grab ops for several years now. She herself had rescued Hive victims on several of them. The missions had always struck at peripheral targets, probing the enemy. This, however, was the first major operation to rescue victims from a Hive complex itself.

* * *

Tracy, Shelly and Katrina peered around the corner using small fiber optic periscopes. Two wasps in their glossy black body suits and high heeled boots stood guard in the chamber. The other two members of the rescue team weren’t in sight but they should be almost in position by now, Tracy Thought.

Tracy was the senior of the three; her curvy body topped with long blond hair tied in a ponytail belied her toughness. She was a soldier. In her earpiece, she hadn’t heard the comments regarding her, as the headset she wore was monitoring a separate channel. The teams had split and thus were communicating on separate channels. These rotated each time they were used, as well.

It wouldn’t have mattered even if she’d heard them though, since she didn’t care what Lexa thought of her.

Shelly was the least experienced of the team, at least in terms of fieldwork. She was a registered nurse, after all, and was not here to fight.

She looked like a non-fighter, too, as her features were more suited to the high society glamour circuit than any military life. She was shorter than most of the others, too, outside of Katrina, and had her short red hair stuffed under a green boonie-style hat.

She had known the Corps founder, Dr. Thorber, in college, and had sought her out when another doctor, in whose practice Shelly worked, had been taken from their office, along with two patients and two staff. It was only by the grace of god, and the fact she’d been home sick that day, that Shelly wasn’t already a member of the Hive, too. Her function was to administer medical assistance to her team members and any women they rescued as needed.

All three commandos watched the Wasps and heard the hum of the conversion pods in the chamber. New slaves were being made right before their eyes.

The wasps stood at silent attention, flawless bodies under flawless black with flawlessly blank minds.

“We’ll give them another five minutes,” Tracy whispered.

“I hope they don’t know they have unwanted visitors,” Katrina thought aloud. Katrina was the youngest of all the Corps soldiers, at 22, recruited after her sister had gone missing. She was not as tall as Tracy, at just over five feet, but her athletic build and well-defined muscles showed through her uniform turtleneck. She wore her dark brown hair short, just above the collar. Already in her brief time with the team, she had earned the respect of her peers.

“There are no unwanted visitors in the Hive, Katrina.” Tracy reminded her. The thought chilled both of them.

* * *

Tina held alert as Jen tried to access the control panel. She looked around as the junior team member worked.

Slaves passed everywhere, walking in endless pairs, paying the intruders no mind. The slaves, with their blank eyes and silver body suits, walked like robots on their assigned tasks. Their skintight black collars and small silver headsets enclosed their neck and the back of their heads. Women of all races marched endlessly past. There seemed to be hundreds, if not thousands of them.

Tina scrutinized the scene anxiously, standing against the wall, her streamlined, catlike features tense and ready. Her eyes narrowed as they flitted from slave to slave. The blankness of the silver women, coupled with being ignored by this many of them, was beginning to get to her. The place itself had long since gotten to her. She was worried. Even with all the activity, there was no talking. There was no talking among the slaves; only the shuffles of their’ body suited feet and the ever present background hum.

It was more than a sound, like a speaker with the amp on high, paired with a kind of earthquake; only this earthquake was a vibration, not in the ground, but in the body and mind. The hum seemed to come from everywhere at once, like some all-consuming presence.

The entire scene was just surreal, and Tina wished her companion would hurry up… this place was really giving her the creeps. She ran a hand through her brown pixie-cut hair and frowned down at her friend.

Jen’s features were soft, compared to the tall soldier who stood watch. Her sand colored hair was cut long and tied in a ponytail. Although she could hold her own in a fight (and had), she would be the first to admit that she wasn’t a real soldier. She had been in engineering school when, on spring break, three of her friends had simply vanished. Now she acted as a hacker for the team.

Tina was just about to ask her ‘how much longer?’ when an alarm sounded.

* * *

“Shit!” Tracy spat, hearing the alarm. The wasps they were watching suddenly becoming alert. Red LED lights on either side of their headsets came on.

Suddenly, a door nearby hissed open and through it came four more wasps.

“Run!” Tracy yelled, turning to do just that.

Shelly wasn’t responding, though, and stood frozen, partly in fear. But Tracy could see something else… her face was too slack, her eyes too blank.

“Damn!” She grabbed Shelly, and shook her.

Katrina ran.

“Intruders,” the Wasps said in unison, the red LEDS seeming like extra eyes on their heads. An even more intense hum began to fill the air. Two more Wasps rounded the corner of the hallway. Tracy and Shelly were surrounded before they could move away.

Katrina turned her head for a last view of her friends was just before she rounded another corner. They were surrounded, and standing slack featured among at least six wasps.

As she continued to run, Katrina was both scared and saddened. She should have stayed to fight with her teammates, but knew that if they were all captured, no one could tell the back up team exactly what had happened and initiate a rescue. Katrina raced toward the electrical room where the team had dropped in through a vent, hoping she’d be able to escape the same way they’d come in.

* * *

Jen looked up at Tina as the alarm continued; the hum all around them grew louder. They were exposed in a hallway, doors and corners at both ends could at any moment disgorge threats, yet still the slaves simply walked past them.

“What happened?” Jen asked.

“I don’t know,” Tina answered, “but we are in trouble.”

They both looked up as two Wasps rounded the corner to their right.

“Intruders,” the Wasps said in blank monotones.

“Shit!” Tina cursed. “Run!”

They both set off running. The hum seeming to fill their whole world, trying to drown out thought.

As they turned one corner, their escape stopped in its tracks. More Wasps stood blocking the entire corridor.

To Tina, the hum felt as if it was inside her head, now, and she looked at Jen as they both stopped. Behind them, they heard the other Wasps, their boots clicking on the tile floors, round the corner.

As Tina watched, Jen’s facial features went slack.

“You must comply,” the Wasps droned.

“You must submit.”

“You must surrender.”

“Must….” Tina saw Jen’s mouth breathe.