The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

I Hate You

Part 43

“How are you not tired?” Abigail asked breathlessly. She sat down and began to fan herself.

“When I look into your eyes.” Aidan smiled. “I feel like I could dance all night.” They were dancing during the Bilberry Sunday festivities to signify the start of the harvest. Although to a Wiccan like Abigail, the time of the year was better known as Lughnasadh. It marked one of the two best times of the year, the other being Beltane, for handfasting or betrovement. Couples joined during this time were usually granted happy marriages. So, Abigail hoped that Aidan would propose tonight. After letting Abigail rest for a bit, they went back out on the dance floor. During their second dance, Aidan felt a tap on his shoulder.

“Mind if I cut in?” The voice asked. Aidan moved aside to reveal Bruce Kane. Instead of screaming herself awake, like she had done weeks before when Bruce Kane started appearing in her dreams, Abigail allowed the dream to continue. They danced for what seemed like hours before they stopped. Aidan came back over. Both he and Bruce bowed to Abigail. She curtseyed the pair. Then Bruce and Aidan merged together as they gently grabbed Abigail and placed a scorching kiss on her lips. Abigail felt herself grow damp between her legs as she levitated. After the kiss, the composite Aidan and Bruce got down on one knee and asked. “Will you be joy in the rest of my life?”

“Damn!” Abigail complained as her alarm clock went off and shattered her dream. She turned it off and stretched. She next cast a spell to clean the pleasure drenched panties that she was wearing. Evidently, when she felt herself growing damp in her dream, it was also happening to her in real life. She tried to continue the dream, but sleep alluded her. She began to wonder if the dream meant that Aidan was comfortable with her being with Bruce or if it was just simple wish fulfillment on her part. Hopefully, Aidan would appear to her during the Samhain Sabbat and let her know one way or the other.

“Thank you for not rebottling my affections after we left Paolo’s and Judy’s place.” Chaka told Lilith Ann. They were in Chaka’s Apartment, more specifically her bedroom, the morning after a night of sexual fun.

“I figured I owed you something for the counseling session and for turning you bisexual, even though you enjoyed it.” Lilith Ann explained to Chaka.

“I sorry I can’t make you a breakfast on par with one of Paolo’s meals.” Chaka said. “But hopefully the sex was as good.”

“Your bedroom skills are up there with the best.” Lilith Ann complimented.

“By the way, I’m joining you on your bar hopping this weekend with Pam, Judy and her friends. Judy invited me, so I bought a costume.” Chaka held a carnival mask up to her face. It totally hid her features and, unless you had intimate knowledge of Chaka’s naked body, you would not know that it was her behind the mask. She held up what little comprised the rest of the costume.

“Aren’t you afraid of freezing in that little of a costume?” Lilith Ann asked.

“Being a lifelong Chicagoan, I am used to the cold. Besides I have a full length coat.” Chaka explained.

Now Lilith Ann had to figure out what to do with Chaka while the rest of the weekend party participants were turned into sculptures. She still had a day to figure it out but was leaning towards just leaving her as a statue in Paolo’s and Judy’s place for the weekend. That way she couldn’t contradict the story Lilith Ann would tell the others about what had happened since she also would be unknowing. Lilith Ann could magically order Chaka not to come. However, Lilith Ann felt if that Chaka wanted to pursue a relationship with Judy and Pam, then she was welcome to. “It’s still her life.” Lilith Ann thought. “And she is allowed to make her own friends.”

“How soon before you have to leave?” Chaka asked.

“I need to be at the Country Club by nine and I still have to go home to change.”

“Do we have time for one more round before you go home?” Chaka requested.

“Yes we do or rather I’ll make the time.” Lilith Ann husked as Chaka began showering her body with slow wet kisses. They slowly stretched out on Chaka’s bed. She moved down to concentrate on Lilith Ann’s nether lips while Lilith Ann did the same to Chaka’s womanhood. Chaka came first.

“You get me off quicker than anyone else has been able to.” Chaka marveled.

“Remember, I have been learning sexual techniques for 18 years longer than you have been alive.” Lilith Ann stated.

“I keep forgetting that you are in your sixties and not three years younger than me based on your outer appearance.” Chaka apologized.

“You have nothing to apologize for Chaka.” Lilith Ann said as she started to dress. “Also, rewind your feelings.”

Chaka felt the magic change her. “I was a good girl for the last couple of days; why did you re-bottle my affections now?” She demanded.

“In case I forget before my next counseling session.” Lilith Ann explained. “Although you have been good like you said, I need my Psychiatrist to not be in lust with me.”

“What happens after our barhopping tomorrow?” Chaka queried.

“If the situation calls for it. I’ll return them.” Lilith Ann promised as she slipped her boots on and then grabbed her purse and coat. “See you tomorrow.” And, with a quick hug, she was out the door.

As she drove to her place to change, Lilith Ann was happy. Jasmine did her part yesterday to tip off to her Mother that she had Siblings. This helped further Lilith Ann’s revenge plans against Cassandra. Chaka had put her good mood and the charity event preparations were going smoothly. So, why was Lilith Ann feeling a tinge of guilt about what she was doing to Bruce Kane?

“Your bath is ready Mistress.” Carol informed Antoinette after she walked out of the hotel bathroom and prostrated herself. Carol was dressed in only red silk stockings held up by garters and red stilettos with four inch heels. After Antoinette had spent a night filled with sapphic fun with Carol and the seamstress from the dress boutique the other day, she had released the seamstress to go finish her two new dresses but had kept Carol for some extra fun. A call to Carol’s Husband explaining that she was suddenly going out of town to a spa for a few days was not questioned by him. He loved her and would allow her to do anything. This intrigued Antoinette and she began questioning Carol. Antoinette found out that Carol’s marriage was not a two way street in terms of affection. So, she decided to alter Carol to be more accommodating to her Husband as well as making her more fun for Antoinette. If Carol’s Husband was willing to change for her to become a better Spouse, she should have been willing to do the same. When Antoinette found out what Carol planned for him, she took magical action. Antoinette was no Angel herself, but the one thing she could not tolerate was cheating or unfaithful spouses. At least not for free. However, since she was going to make a small fortune off Miriam Kane, she decided to cast some pro bono spells.

Carol had walked out on her Husband two years before. She was sick of all the yelling and fighting over money due to his drinking and gambling. That became a wake up call for him. He stopped drinking and curtailed almost all of his gambling. His only remaining vice was playing the lottery, but now he only bought one ticket a week. Four months after she walked out on him, she saw his name in the paper for hitting a huge lottery jackpot. She came running back to him. Not that she still loved him, but she felt she deserved some of his millions for the time she had to live with him. Previously, he had refused to sign the divorce papers in the hope that, if he changed for the better, then she would take him back. So, they were still married. He gratefully took her back with open arms.

That is when Carol’s get quick rich scheme began to fall apart. Instead of taking the prize in one lump sum, he had taken it as the annuity of eleven million a year over twenty years. To Carol’s chagrin, she had to stay with him for the time being. After consulting with her divorce lawyer, Carol found out that Illinois was an “equitable distribution” state. Her lawyer further explained that if she divorced her Husband so quickly after his winning the lottery then she was not guaranteed at least fifty percent of his current assets nor any of the future money. Carol felt she deserved more. She figured she would stay with him for at least three years before filing for divorce again using the old chestnut of “irreconcilable differences”.

Antoinette had spent the last two days altering Carol to be a better wife and sex toy. Besides making her break up with her current boy-toy, Carol was now a devoted bisexual submissive to both her Husband and Antoinette. She would wait on them hand and foot naked unless told otherwise. Further, she could not pleasure herself unless it was for the entertainment of her Husband or Antoinette. There were other changes made to Carol as well. Antoinette had been enjoying them and Carol’s Husband would as well. These included removing her gag reflex, making her actively want threesomes, and making her crave performing oral and backdoor sex.

“Go in the corner and assume display position one.” Antoinette ordered. Carol moved to the designated spot and froze into such a sexually blatant pose that it would have made even Caligula blush. Antoinette laughed. “For someone who told me that she was a strong willed woman who ‘gives the orders’ when she showed up here two days ago, you sure are a great follower.” She slapped Carol on the ass before heading to take her bath. Carol just stood there like a statue while her butt turned as red as her garters.

“What’s this?” Amy asked as Melissa handed her a box. It looked like the sort of box that would hold clothes. Amy was sitting with her friends at lunch during school.

“Open it up and see.” Melissa grinned.

Amy opened the box and found a cheerleader’s uniform inside. She looked quizzically at Melissa.

“The squad is making you a temporary cheerleader. You’ll be part of the pep rally tomorrow.”

“But I don’t know any of the routines.” Amy protested. Inside, however, she was shaking with joy.

“All you will have to do is stand in one of the two lines of cheerleaders. Then the players run between the lines while you shake your pom poms. Also, you will be able to ride on the buses to and from the playoff games.” Melissa explained. “If you have questions or concerns, my number is on the inside lid of the box. Practice is at 3:10. Don’t be late.”

“And the other cheerleaders are okay with this?” Amy asked.

“Well, Tiffany brought up the idea and one cheerleader tried to rally the others against it. However, since I’m head cheerleader now, I get final say so.”

“I’ll bet it was Trisha.” Rachel commented.

Amy thanked Melissa with a hug. Melissa shared a knowing glance with Liam as she left. After Amy sat back down, she turned her attention to Liam. “Don’t deny it. I know it was you.”

“Why do you think it was me?” Liam flashed an innocent smile. “Maybe someone else heard, from a friend, that you were going to try out for the cheerleader squad last summer. However, when you bombed your SAT test, your Mother clamped down and wouldn’t let you do any extracurricular activities. Plus, it might also be possible that the former and current head cheerleaders each owed someone else a big favor.”

Amy had only told Rachel and Francesca about wanting to be a cheerleader after Trisha had called her Ben’s “beard”. She had further explained, however, that she was glad she didn’t have to deal with that stuck up idiot, Trisha, every day like she would have if they had been teammates.

“How do you know it wasn’t Ben?” Tommy questioned.

“It might have been Ben’s idea, but there is only one person that at least half the school owes a favor to. Thank you Liam.” Amy explained her deduction. She move towards Liam but stopped short. Amy looked at Rachel, who smiled and nodded. She hugged Liam and kissed him on the cheek.

“If this keeps up, people will begin to think that I’m your girlfriend. Now, wait until you see what doing this for me gets you.”

“You don’t have to do anything special. My sister told me that doing something nice is not a game in which you keep score. Nor was this done with the goal of you giving me something in return.”

“Still, you’re going to get something nice whether you want it or not.” Amy grinned.

“Does that mean I don’t have to dress up like the Tin Woodsman?”

“Anything but that.” Amy smiled as she began arranging with Rachel to stop by her house later to take pictures of her dressed in her new cheerleader outfit.

“Yes Mistress.” Katarina fawned into her phone. “I will get that costume type and I’ll meet you when and where you have specified. Anything you ask, I gladly obey.” Lilith Ann was contacting all of her currently enthralled women while she was walking through the Country Club. Nothing had come up, so all were going to be available for the weekend. She had decided that only one showgirl would not be enough so she had called Katarina to tell her that she would be needed as well.

“Anything new in your life since Monday?” Lilith Ann asked. She was a little bit shocked when she took a moment to realize what she had said. She never used to care about the people she enthralled. She only cared that they were good looking and had the stamina to satisfy her. But Katarina and, to a slightly lesser degree, Chaka were special. Lilith Ann had saved Katarina’s life. Since then, Lilith Ann had begun to feel responsible for Katarina’s well being. Chaka was special because she was the first person in forty years that Lilith Ann had really opened up to about her painful past. She had tried to on numerous occasions with Lydia, but had chickened out at the last minute. She was only willing to open up to Chaka because, with a single phrase, Chaka would forget everything. Since Lydia was nominally under Cassandra’s control, Lilith Ann couldn’t change Lydia’s memory.

Katarina continued. “Since you graciously removed all of my scars Mistress, I am more out going. My co-workers have commented to me about this change. I have also been approached for a date. I was flattered, but it made me feel a little strange.”

“Strange how?”

“My next door neighbor visited me. She asked me about how things were going with the guy I worked with. It confused me because I am not seeing or interested in any of my coworkers.”

Lilith Ann had removed Katarina’s knowledge of ever being in love with her coworker unless he decided to pursue her. He was currently in a loving relationship with someone else, however. When Katarina had found out about this, she had tried to win him by gambling to win a lot of money. When she failed, she had tried to commit suicide.

“When I explained that I am not into anyone at work, she made a move on me last night. I never knew she liked me like that Mistress. I was taught that it’s wrong for persons of the same sex to feel that way towards each other, but it also seemed right and felt flattering on some level.”

“I think you are old enough now to decide for yourself whom you should be able to love. If she interests you, try a few dates and see where it leads.”

“Yes Mistress, I will take your counsel to heart.”

“Though let me know if anyone you date is inappropriate with you. I’ll handle them in my own special way.”

“I know that you will always keep me safe. Until tomorrow Mistress.” Katarina hung up the phone.

Lilith Ann began to feel strange. After the Gala, she had planned to release Katarina, along with the cop. Lilith Ann never kept anyone under her control longer than what she needed because of what had happened to her. However, she was now considering keeping Katarina. This scared her. It wasn’t that she was interested in her sexually. She was concerned that, due to Katarina’s suicide attempt, which Lilith Ann had also removed from her memory, she might make another foolish decision should her love life go south again. Especially if her Parents didn’t approve of her dating another woman.

If Lilith Ann released her, as originally planned, then Katarina would completely forget Lilith Ann and stop heeding her advice. Lilith Ann started to tell herself that it would only be until Katarina had a healthy relationship going. But if Lilith Ann made an excuse to keep her this time, what would stop her from making another excuse later? A month ago this decision would have been a no-brainer for Lilith Ann. She would have released Katarina. Now it was causing her a moral dilemma. It had been decades since she deeply cared about anyone’s well being besides her Mother’s. However, in the last month, she had begun to care about Lydia, Ray and now it appeared Katarina. While pondering this, Lilith Ann wasn’t paying attention to where she was walking and almost collided with Miriam Kane.

“You’re the one helping Lydia with her Mother’s Charity Ball.” Miriam’s statement came out as an accusation.

“Yes. How can I help you Ms.—?”

“It’s Mrs. Kane. How well do you know my Daughters and Son?”

“Daughters? Son?” Lilith Ann feigned surprise. “I thought Jasmine was your only Child.”

“Let me rephrase it.” Miriam irritably replied. “How well do you know my Husband’s Daughters and Son?”

“I cannot confirm or deny any knowledge of said Siblings of Jasmine Kane.” Lilith Ann answered truthfully. It was they only way she could answer that would show that she actually did know them due to her oath. She hoped that Miriam could read between the lines of her statement. Instead, it made Miriam mad.

“Don’t play coy with me Missy. I heard you yesterday talking about them with Jasmine. I don’t care about whatever loyalty you have with her. So tell me right now or I’ll make your life miserable.” Miriam threatened.

“Why are you threatening my friend?” Lydia demanded as she approached. She had only heard the very last part of the conversation. “Because, if you want, I can have my Dad ban you from here for a week for that action.”

“You don’t have to do that for me.” Lilith Ann hurriedly offered. “I’m the one who was not watching where I was walking. I apologize, Mrs. Kane.” She needed Miriam to still have access to the club to be able to gather data on Cassandra and the others.

Miriam glared at both of them before she stormed away.

Lilith Ann turned to Lydia. “Thank you. I really don’t like that woman. It’s a good thing I can’t use my magic for another hour otherwise she would be running around on all fours like the bitch she is.”

“No problem.” Lydia smiled. “It felt good to look out for you for a change. We have a situation.”

“What kind?” Lilith Ann asked as she followed Lydia to the main Banquet hall.

“One of the movers broke the fountain’s figure when they installed it.” Lydia explained with concern as she waved her hand in the direction of the empty dais in the middle of the fountain’s basin. The fountain’s figure had been as large as a full size person and its absence left a gaping hole in the vision Lilith Ann and Lydia had for the room.

“Don’t worry.” Lilith Ann calmly smiled to ease Lydia’s agitation. She thought about Chaka in her revealing costume. “The place that’s providing the sculptures has another one that I know I can fit into the spot.”

“How much extra?”

“Nothing. Since it’s for charity, they had volunteered it before but I could not think of a spot for it. I’ll drop it off Saturday morning with the rest of them. So there is no need to worry.”

With that situation solved, Lilith Ann now concentrated on how to keep her sculptures safe the night before. She could not afford to have any of them get sloppy drunk. Then she wouldn’t be able to cast the spells she needed on them, which would spoil her plans.

“Thank you again for allowing me time off to help at the charity event.” Marie said to Mrs. Nelson. Her shift at the diner had just ended. She was waiting for Frank to come pick her up for an afternoon of shopping for black slacks and shiny black flat shoes that matched the dress code for the Country Club kitchen staff.

“No problem Marie. I always knew you were destined for greater things.” Mrs. Nelson smiled.

“Only because you were willing to take a chance on me when no one else would.”

“You give me too much credit.” Mrs. Nelson protested.

“How can I give you too much credit? If you hadn’t given me a job when you did or helped me to get a new place to live, I could have wound up in a shelter or even worse.” Marie earnestly explained. “Then my Sisters wouldn’t have found me and nothing else good would have happened to me.”

“But still, this place should not be the final stop on your life’s journey. I could tell that you were not meant for here after I tasted the first Bavarian Chocolate cake you made for me. If I would have hired you to make the desserts for us here, like you asked, then you would stay here forever out of loyalty. You would never spread your wings.”

“But I like working for you and Mr. Nelson.” Marie started crying.

“I know you do and over the past six months I’ve come to view you as a Daughter. Because of that, I also know that I have to kick you out of this nest someday so you can truly live.”

“But not today.”

“No, not today.” Mrs. Nelson smiled. Marie hugged her.

Frank came into the diner. “What’s wrong?” He asked with concern after he saw Marie’s tear stained cheeks.

Marie turned to him. “I was counting the money in the register when I noticed that one of the customers must have given me a phony twenty, Tiger. Mrs. Nelson was calming me because I was upset that I had cost her money.”

Without hesitation, Frank peeled a twenty dollar bill out of his wallet and handed it to Mrs. Nelson. “Problem solved.”

“You don’t have to do that.” Mrs. Nelson explained to Frank as she waived off Frank’s gesture.

“If it caused Marie to cry, please let me fix it.” Frank said as he refused to take the twenty back.

At this point Mrs. Nelson realized that nothing she could say would dissuade Frank, unless she told him the truth about why Marie was crying. Since Marie apparently didn’t want him to know, Mrs. Nelson took the money and decided to give it to Marie in her next paycheck. She was glad that Marie had found such a caring boyfriend.

Frank turned to Marie. “Ready to go gorgeous?”

“I am now.” Marie smiled as she turned to face Mrs. Nelson. “I’ll see you on Monday Mrs. Nelson and thank you again for the time off.”

“No problem Dear. Have fun.”

After Marie and Frank left, Mrs. Nelson called her Husband to pick her up in an hour. While she waited for him, Mrs. Nelson thought back to her conversation with Marie and how they were both right about their current situation. She wondered where Marie would be if, all those months ago, she had not shown those acts of kindness. However, she still thought that Marie was giving her too much credit and that she had the talent to accomplish anything she really put her mind to.

“My ride is here.” Francesca said as she finished kissing Tommy. They were sitting on the porch swing in front of Amy’s house. Liam had just pulled up to take Francesca to magic class.

“So soon.” Tommy complained, then pleaded. “Please, five more minutes.”

“I need to leave now. Liam needs to talk to his Sisters before class starts.”

“I could drive you.” Tommy offered.

“What if you get lost on the way there? I do not wish to make Signorina Boyd mad by being late. Not after all that Cassie had to do to get me accepted for lessons.”

They jumped off the swing and started to walk hand in hand to Liam’s car.

“I know you can’t tell me what you are studying, so I won’t ask. Go learn to be the best witch you can.” Tommy encouraged before kissing Francesca one final time. He opened and closed the car door for her.

“Does it bother you that you can’t talk directly about being a witch to Tommy.” Liam asked as he pulled away from the curb.

“Si, a little. But I also know that I probably would have told my Mamma and maybe Amy by now if I was able to tell anyone. I do not know how they would have reacted or what Signorina Boyd would have done to them or me. I am happy that Cassie did not take his memory away and that he helps keep our secret.”

“I still think he’s a little afraid that if he says anything, Cassie is going to turn him into a newt or something.” Liam chuckled. Francesca chuckled as well and then got serious.

“Liam, why was Tommy not with another girl when I met him? He is sweet, kind and caring. If he was attending my school in Milano, he would have had to use a club to keep the girls away.”

“Until you, Tommy had the worst luck when it came to dating. The day he officially started dating the girl before you, her Mom got reassigned to Houston. Most other girls thought he was too nice and they would begin to take him for granted. Then they would break it off after they took whatever they wanted from him.”

“That is a shame, but it made him available for me.”

“And I don’t think he would have wanted it to work out any other way.” Liam said. Francesca blushed. The rest of the car ride involved Liam helping Francesca with her homework so she could devote all of her attention to magic class. She really did want to be the best witch she could be for Tommy.

“One more before Ben shows up, please.” Amy pleaded with Rachel. They were in Amy’s front room with Amy wearing her Cheerleader outfit.

“Weren’t the twenty pictures I already took enough?” Rachel inquired with amusement.

“No.” Amy smiled. “Years from now, I’ll want people to believe that I was a cheerleader for the whole year and not just for one Pep rally. So I’m going to need a lot of pictures. Plus I only have the uniform for at the most three more weeks.” Amy pleaded. Rachel couldn’t argue with her logic so she snapped the twenty-first picture.

“Where is Ben? Practice let out a while ago.” Rachel asked.

“He had to go home first to get his game jersey.” Amy explained as they heard the doorbell ring. “There he is now.”

Rachel tried to project a mental warning to Ben. “Run, run away while you still can.” But she was apparently unsuccessful because he was still standing there when Amy opened the door.

“Stand over there.” Amy told Ben as she ushered him into her home. “The lighting is the best in that corner.”

Rachel began to take more pictures after Amy got into position. She thought that, if things were reversed, then she probably would be doing the same thing to Amy that Amy was doing to her. So she took all of the pictures Amy requested. Pretty soon the camera’s memory card got full so Rachel had to stop. Amy didn’t have another one available. Then Ben handed his phone to Rachel so she could continue. Rachel took another twenty-five pictures before Ben’s phone got full as well.

“Thank you.” Amy said to Rachel.

“No problem, although ask Francesca next time.”

“She can’t take a good picture.” Amy explained. “And after Liam, you’re the best photographer I know.”

Rachel felt flattered but was still glad she didn’t have to take anymore pictures.

“Stick around,” Amy requested, “while I get changed and I’ll take you out to dinner and then back home.”

“That’s alright. You and Ben go out for yourselves. I can walk home.”

“You sure?” Ben asked. “It would be no trouble. I can drive you home while Amy changes.”

“I’m sure. See you both tomorrow at school.” Rachel confirmed as she walked out the door.

“Any more questions about your special Saturday night with Rachel, Squirt?” Cassie asked her kid Brother.

“How much foreplay is too much?” Liam inquired.

Jasmine fielded this one. “If you not sure then it’s not enough Liam.”

Cassie added. “A few minutes in, you should know how much you’ll need.”

“Thanks.” Liam smiled at his Sisters.

“Anything else?” Jasmine questioned.

“Just one thing. Should I wear a condom if Rachel doesn’t ask me to?”

“Since you are a witch, there isn’t a chance that you can get Rachel pregnant for about one hundred and eighty years.” Cassie informed Liam. “But she doesn’t know this. So tell her that you don’t want to take any chances and wear condoms until you are ready to tell her what you are.”

“Thanks for the advice from both of you.” Liam told his Sisters.

“No problem Liam. I’m just glad you’re willing to ask for advice to make sure your girlfriend is satisfied.”

“She’s special to me and I want to make sure everything is perfect for her.”

“There are a lot of guys who wouldn’t care about their partner’s needs. I’m glad your not one of those guys.” Cassie smiled at her Brother.

Liam nodded. “Not after seeing the aftermath of Rhino’s handiwork.”

“Unless anyone objects, I will start by answering Cassie’s question from the last class.” Abigail stated. No one spoke up because they were all interested in the history of magic.

“Magic Users first appeared around twenty tousand years ago. A meteor shower bathed the world for tree days and nights in a green light. About a generation after this event from the God and Goddess, the first magic users were born, along with the beginnings of the magic based creatures. It took about about another fifty generations before there were enough magic users congregated in pockets around the world to share techniques and spells. It ushered in the first of the great magic civilizations of Mankind.”

“Was that Atlantis Miss Boyd?” Jasmine asked.

“No Jasmine. Atlantis was formed from the remnants of the first two tries. They were known as Thule and Hyperborea. Atlantis was arguably the greatest and longest lasting. There was two more tries many millennium later before the concept was finally abandoned. Too many witches, not related, congregated together begins to break apart as the group size becomes too unwieldy. That’s why covens tend to cap themselves to twelve or tirteen members.”

“Where were the other two magic civilizations Miss Boyd?” Marie asked.

“Their names in their original langauges are lost to the ages. The rough translations of the names are ‘Endless Wonder’ which was located somewhere in Mesoamerica during the Archaic period and ‘Tribes of Earth’s Children’ in Africa. Although some considered Shambhala in Asia one as well. However, there was only about ten witches at any given time living there. Not like the hundreds in the other places. There were even more non-magic users living in those places as well. There was supposedly also one in Australia, but Kyna couldn’t find definitive proof of its existence.”

“Mesoamerica? Archaic period?” Jasmine inquired.

“Starting in Southern Mexico and extending down into Central America is Mesoamerica. The Archaic period is from around eight tousand BC to two tousand BC.”

“You told us how Atlantis was destroyed, how did the other two fall?” Cassie questioned.

“Mesoamerica’s and Africa’s downfalls were due to exploration and expansion.”

“How Signorina Boyd?” Francesca asked.

“Witches can not cure diseases they haven’t had any exposure to and even then it takes about five years after the first exposure before we develop the ability. Once witches gain their powers, we are immune to all diseases except, for some reason, the common cold. Also, we can not cure Cancers or brain diseases.”

“What means exposure?” Francesca asked.

Before Abigail could explain, Jasmine answered in Italian.

“Ah, grazie.”

“Yes, thank you Jasmine. Continuing, as those magic-using civilizations were explored by far away civilizations, huge portions of the non-magic users were decimated by outside diseases.”

“Like what happened to the indigenous population of North America with smallpox and other diseases after the Europeans started exploring here.” Liam stated.

“Exactly. The non-magic users in the communities began blaming the magic users for not keeping them safe and began attacking and killing them. So for their own safety, they split apart.”

“So you’re saying that even if I had gotten my abilities when I has seven.” Cassie started.

“You still could not have cured your Father’s leukemia.” Abigail confirmed.

“How is so much of this known Miss Boyd?” Marie wondered.

“Past witches recorded fragments of this information in their magic scrolls and books. The materials used even back then were made to last a very long time. The oldest known magic scroll is from the second century after the destruction of Atlantis. The oldest magic book in my collection is well over a tousand years old.” Abigail explained. “After Kyna stopped traveling the world, she spent the next twenty years compiling the data she had gathered into a sort of history of magic.”

“Signorina Boyd,” Francesca asked, “Is written magic like spoken magic? If I try to read an old spell book, would I be able to understand it?”

“Only if you already knew and understood the language that it was written in. That’s why most witches only use half of the page to write spells. This allows future witches room to translate the spells in the margins. Any other questions?”

“I’ve noticed in the past few weeks that my memory is improving.” Jasmine started. “I’m beginning to remember more of the Italian I learned years ago. Does this happen to all witches?”

“Yes, by the time a witch reaches the age of forty, she will have near total recall for the rest of her life.”

“What means near total recall?” Francesca asked.

“It means that you will remember almost everything clearly. All the good things ... and all the bad. Cassie it’s time to start the yoga training.” Abigail requested.

As Cassie led her Sisters, Brother and Francesca through their mental wall strengthen exercises, Bruce Kane texted Abigail to see if she would be his date to the Winthrop charity ball. He had planned on just donating money but then Lydia’s Mother personally asked he show up and wouldn’t take no for an answer. He wrote that he was willing to pay for Abigail to get a gown if she did not have one. He also wrote that, because it was such short notice, he would understand if she declined. She texted back that she did have a gown and that she would be his date. He thanked her and gave her the time he would arrive to pick her up.

“Hello, Mr. Fitzgerald?!” Lilith Ann exclaimed in surprise. She saw a youngish man behind the counter wearing a Ramones T-shirt. He looked like a younger version of Paddy. In the three years she had been coming to this shop, she had never seen anyone but Paddy behind the counter. It was about an hour before closing, so the place was almost empty. The young man was selling a skull to a pair of young women. It was the same skull that Roxanne had asked about when she tried to rob the place.

“Be with ye in a second Miss.” The clerk called out to Lilith Ann. After the two young ladies left, no one else was in the store. He approached her. “Now Lilith Ann, how can I help ye today?”

“How do you know my name?” Lilith Ann asked, a little leery.

“Relax Lassie. It’s me Paddy. I’m using a doppelganger spell to get customers used to seeing me ‘Son’ before I become him next year.”

“Oh. I just moved whenever I had to start over.” Lilith Ann confessed, relaxing. She handed Paddy a piece of paper. “Do you have the following potion ingredients available?”

“I know that I have most in the quantity you need. I’ll have to check about two of them. Be ye expecting trouble?” Paddy asked as he went over the list.

“What do you mean?” Lilith Ann was curious.

“These be the main ingredients to make what some would call nowadays an anti date rape potion.”

“Yes, that’s what I plan to brew.”

“Have ye ever tried brewing this before?”

“No. I’m going out partying tomorrow night with five other women and I don’t want to worry about someone slipping something into their drinks. It’s the first time in a long time that I’ve gone out partying with other people.”

Lilith Ann needed to keep the women she was going to use as sculptures sober and safe. Only a Gold level or higher witch could cast a sober spell on another person. Since Lilith Ann was only a red level witch, the potion would be necessary. The potion would prevent all drugs, including alcohol, from working on them for up to eight hours after drinking it. It would ensure that all the women would stay sober, albeit with a slightly euphoric feeling, for the evening. Then, Lilith Ann could entrance them to get them into the proper poses that she needed for them to serve as sculptures.

“It’s difficult to brew properly, plus ye have to babysit it while it’s brewing. I keep a batch handy, unless you want the practice of making it yourself.” Paddy offered.

“If you have some already made, I’ll gladly buy the potion.” Lilith Ann began pulling money out of her purse.

“Whoa Lassie. I didn’t say anything about selling it to you. If ye are trying to keep others safe, then it’s yours.”

“Thank you.” Lilith Ann couldn’t get over how much nicer Paddy had been to her in her last two visits then he had been since her first visit to his store.

“Give me a minute.” Paddy requested as he went into the back of the shop.

While Paddy was gone. Lilith Ann wandered around and then began staring at the window display. She was intrigued by the two figures in the window. She had heard that Paddy punished shoplifters by putting them on display and wanted to see if there was any long term physical effects she would need to know about with the mannequin spell. She climbed into the display to get a better look at Roxanne and Madge. Not wanting to disrupt the makeup job on Madge, she concentrated more on Roxanne. She was getting ready to touch Roxanne when Roxanne’s necklace glowed a bright red. Lilith Ann quickly jumped out of the window.

“They’re both real.” Paddy said with a laugh. “Ain’t that right Darling.” Roxanne’s necklace glowed green in response. He had returned to the front of the store in time to see Lilith Ann’s reaction to Roxanne’s necklace. He now looked like his old self. He looked kind of strange, however, because he was still wearing the Ramones T-shirt. He was also carrying what look like a wide mouth beer bottle with a cork shove into the top. When Lilith Ann didn’t say anything, Paddy continued. “My Fiancee Roxanne enjoys being in that state. So I indulge her. The necklace allows us to talk. The other woman is being punished.”

“How long has your Fiancee been like that?”

“Currently about three days. Although her longest time is thirteen days.”

“Does she notice any side effects from being like that for a long period?” Lilith Ann inquired.

“She claims it makes her super horny.” Paddy answered with a twinkle in his eye. Roxanne’s necklace glowed a very bright green as she agreed.

“Then I can understand why she likes being in the window.” Lilith Ann laughed.

“Aye.” Paddy smiled. He gave Lilith Ann the potion. “Make sure you give each woman at least two ounces of the potion to protect them all night. Need anything else?”

“Not today. Thank you again.” Lilith Ann said as she left.

“And I hope you keep doing what you are doing Lassie.” Paddy smiled as his witch indicator light became a solid yellow again. Besides indicating the presence of other witches, the light could also tell a little about the witch’s heart. Lilith Ann used to turn the light a very dark pink, but in her last two visits there were noticeable changes. Today it had been speckled with bright pink points of light, even more than the previous time. This was not enough to show that she was definitely turning good, but it was a nice start. Paddy hoped that she continued to brighten as the world could always use one less evil witch.

To Be Continued.