The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

In Defense of Cartoon Villains

The Third Episode – The Holiday Special!

“PREVIOUSLY IN MYSTERY GIRLS!

Doctor Skull has established a new base in a remote island, planning once again to conquer the world! The Mystery Girls, heroines extraordinaire, fly to confront the villain and bring him down once and for all! Alas, their fearless leader Leona gets turned into a darkness elemental! But the intrepid Thorn and Tatsuki rescue her and they are ready to...wait, what? They don’t? Did I miss a memo or something? And Bettina...gets stripped naked and brainwashed into a...a...

WHO THE FUCK WROTE THIS? Are you trying to get us canceled? Full frontal nudity and explicit sex? Get me the producer here now!”

“What’s the problem?”

“What’s the problem? Look at last week’s episode!”

“I don’t see what’s wrong...I mean, it was standard backtracking to canon fare, I...wow, wow, what the shit?! I didn’t approve this!”

“Did the studio find the secret cocaine vault or something?”

“No idea but there’s no way I’m greenlighting the follow-up to that clusterfuck.”

“But we have to air something!”

“I fucking now! But what? At least Clover disappeared before the fucked-up scenes last week. We can use her for something. Anything. But all we have is...My God, Sean. We’re going to have to rock the holiday special.”

“Oh...shit.”

* * *

Clover looked at her comlink, smashed by the fall.

“Well, I reckon I’m in deep this time.”

Leona had sent her particularly far, well over the volcano, to a barren-looking part of the island. There were no palm trees in sight, only spooky, leafless trees with twisted shapes and wrinkly bark.

“Well, at least the good ol’ sun is still up in the air. Better find the gang quick.”

She quickened her stride, very much uncomfortable in this creepy place. Crows were cawing all around, and she began to saw menacing silhouettes in the trees’ branches.

“Hey, anyone here?” She shouted around.

“Nope”, came the answer from at least five voices around her.

“Aw, well, since y’all have the courtesy of answering an usually rhetorical and useless question, show yerselves, why don’tcha?”

In a series of wicked giggles, little figures with wooden limbs and Jack O’Lantern heads sprang from behind the trees.

“Trick or treat!!”

“Aw, heck, little creepy Halloween whatchamacallits? I don’t have no time to deal with this.”

She began to run, outmaneuvering but closely followed by the “kids.”

“She’ll be one of us! She’ll be one of us!”

“Absolutely not! I hate pumpkin anyway!”

“Pumpkin? Why would we be eating our faces? No way, dudette. You’d better like wax, though !”

“Wax? You mean you actually have candles in there? Eww!”

Clover did not have time for banter, however, as she saw a barrage of eclectic supernatural creatures blocking their paths. She and her pursuers stopped dead in their tracks.

“This ain’t good...” She thought. Indeed, it was a full-on monster exhibit. Witches. Werewolves. Werebats. Vampires. You want more exotic? Rusalkas. Oni. A large selection of monster hybrids. Even the gingerbread man, because why the fuck not.

For a while, only silence reigned in the spooky woods. The five Jack O’Lanterns backed up, leaving Clover in the center of the circle. She tried to appear composed and assertive, but...that wasn’t really going to fly. She was surprised, however, to see that the monsters weren’t necessarily looking at her. Rather, they were gunning down each other with glares rife with ill intent. Clover wondered what was going on.

And then, a beautiful, regal vampire stepped into the ring, and raised her arms. She was clad in a ridiculously refined black dress and walked on high heels. She didn’t look quite as powerful as Countess Draculina, but Clover bet she killed at parties. Finally, she began by saying.

“Alright, alright. We’re obviously in a bind here.”

Approving grumbles in the audience.

“Our little Mystery Girl here is quite defenseless. The two heavy hitters of her team are on the other side of the island, and she’s lost her means of communication. Am I wrong dear?”

“You don’t have any right to be this many, y’all! It’s us five against one baddie, that’s the rules!”

“Yes, well, forgive me for the language, dear, but fuck the rules with a twenty-story crucifix. We’ve had quite enough of passing as uncooked wieners that drank too much battery liquid. For millenia we tried to conquer the world so that your useless species would finally pass the torch to radder beings, but nooo, plucky human spirit and shit.”

“Hey, at least we win!”

“Yeah, and for what? Nine to five jobs, depressing social inequality, suicide rates and crushing lack of awesome powers. Go team.”

“Should vampires really be talking about social inequality, hun?”

“Oh, touché...Anyway!”

The vampiress turned away from Clover and to the other monsters.

“The big question is who gets to turn her? She’s the defenseless one, so we all came here while knowing perfectly well this would be the crowded venue. Is this what humans feel when they go shopping a Saturday evening? Anyway, as of now, the first one among us that makes a move is going to cause a riot. So I have a suggestion to all of you. We bring her back to town, we spend a little while with her, one by one, like civilized beings, and when midnight chimes, she’ll have to choose which of us will turn her.”

As approving nods came from the assistance, Clover put her arms akimbo, and defiantly said :

“And what if I choose nothing, heh hun?”

“Well,” drably replied the vampiress. “Then we give you to the Great Mighty Poo over there.”

The southern Mystery Girl looked to where she was pointing, and saw a two-meters high stack of crap with hands and a giant mouth, waving at her. She gulped.

“Aight, I reckon that’s...an incentive.”

* * *

And thus, as the sun was setting, Clover was in the VIP room of a lounge. It was quite a nice lounge, to be honest, if smack dab in the middle of a creepy wasteland. It was refined, dimly but warmly lit, and even the haunting music of a ghostly piano player sounded soothing and atmospheric. Clover herself had been given a elegant cocktail dress. She just wished a flock of bats weren’t suspended outside the window...

The black curtain that separated the VIP corner to the general area was lifted by a big, hairy hand, and a werewolf came in. He smiled, and sat across the mahogany table.

“Sooooo,” he began by saying in a deep, crooner voice. “Like the mood, sweet cheeks?”

“I...ain’t really that much of an Halloween gal.”

“Really? That’s surprising, cause you’re to scream for.”

“Ugh. It’s bad enough that I’m in for a night of speed dates with monsters, but could ya cut down on the pick-up lines?”

“With this all-powerful male charm? Girl, statistically speaking you’re already kissing me.”

“Then call me quantum lips, hun, ‘cause I simultaneously ain’t kissing ya.”

* * *

“I assure you, human.” Said the tall, impossibly thin, faceless man in a tuxedo. “The Slenderman brand is just soaring right now. Books, video games, I’m sure we’re looking for a movie deal in the near future. For real, just hang in the background and look creepy, and humans are all over your pants.”

“Yeah...but...how do you want me to get involved?”

“Not enough glamour for the brand. I need a Slendergirl. Just a trip to the great nowhere, mess with a Holder or two, maybe dry-hump SCP-173, and while I can’t guarantee you won’t be hearing the lamentation of the end times by the end, you are absolutely going to rock the market. Plus, it’s a great diet.”

“Are ya saying I’m fat?!”

“Well, look at me, what the hell do you think?”

“Aight, point taken. But what does a Slendergirl even look like?”

“Ideally? Two coconuts sucked through a garden hose.”

“Git the heck outta here.”

“Hey, it works in fighting games!”

* * *

Clover was still breathing heavily, barely recovering from the shock of seeing this horrifyingly impossible creature before her, messing with her sense of perspective. But the non-euclidian abomination was profoundly silent, and she couldn’t even tell if it was even looking at her. Screaming didn’t make any sense anymore. She was just curious now.

“…”

“…”

“…”

“Bort.”

“...Bort?”

“Bort.”

“What the hell are you even supposed to be?”

“Bort.”

“I sure didn’t know eldritch horrors beyond comprehension could sound so stupid. NEXT!”

* * *

“Look into the pendant, little girl.”

“No...this is stupid. Not the pendant...thing...”

“Shhh...Feel your mind drift awaaay...”

Clover was compelled to watch the clown’s spiraly pendant, her eyes transfixed.

“You cannot think, you can just obey my voice now...”

“Only obey your voice...”

“Yes, that’s it. Now repeat after me : I am a killer clown.”

“I am a killer cl...”

Suddenly, a mummy burst out through the curtain.

“Hey, what the fuck, Brad?! We said no hypnosis, you damn cheater! Fuck off!”

“Aw, come on!”

“Huh? Whaa?” Groggily said Clover as the pendant was removed from her view. She didn’t understand why the clown was forcibly removed. She didn’t remember anything after he came in.

* * *

“YOU CAN’T CATCH ME, I’M THE GINGERBREAD MAN!”

“Catching ya is hardly the point of a date, hun.”

“HAHAHA, SEE YA SLOWPOKE!”

“Well, at least that’s one down...”

* * *

By the time Clover had spent some time with every monster, a grandfather clock let out twelve gloomy chimes. Midnight. Time to choose.

In the corner of her eyes, through the window, she saw the Great Mighty Poo laughing outside the lounge. But she looked at the creepy parade. Was her situation so hopeless that she had no choice but to willingly submit? Give up her humanity? She looked at her smashed comlink, a tear in her eyes. She hoped that, at least, her friends would have rescued Leona by now. After all, midnight was the deadline.

“Don’t be stupid, gal.” She muttered to herself. “Of course they’re alright.”

She looked at the monsters again. Once again, they neatly surrounded her, leaving her no escape. Oh, she did have some preferences. Some baddies were clearly better than others. Yet, she hated herself for even considering the option. For not being as strong as the others. Once again, she had no choice but to rely on her friends. She took a deep breath, and pointed her finger to the monster she wanted to be transformed by. Her eyes closed, she could only hear the sighs of disappointment. For a brief second, she hoped the unlucky monsters would protest and cause chaos she could slip through. But no such thing happened. She could feel the glove-clad hand of the vampiress on her cheek.

“I knew you would choose to join the lords of the night, sweet Clover.”

“Just get on with it, will ya?”

Clover couldn’t look. She didn’t want to acknowledge anything. She just wanted to disappear, and wake up in her bed, at one of the gang’s slumber parties. Instead, she felt the undead’s cold fingers. If only I was strong, she thought. Strong enough to remain human and good.

But suddenly, a loud crack.

“Ho ho ho! Season’s greetings, bitches!”

The Mystery Girl opened her eyes. At the entrance of the lounge, next to the broken door, stood...Santa Claus?

“Santa?!” Hissed the vampiress. “What the hell are you doing here? This is Halloween!”

“Oh, I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear your gay little pagan celebration turned softcore porn over the sound of radios already playing Christmas music.”

Clover looked, incredulous, at the legendary figure. He was clad in red and bearded alright, but he definitely wasn’t fat. He looked more like a lumberjack, though definitely jollier.

“Santa!” She pleaded. “Save me!”

“Of course, Clover! I couldn’t let you at the mercy of those monsters! Not three months before Christmas!”

The monsters hissed, shouted, growled...whatever their equivalent of a threatening pose was, and readied their various weapons.

“Get the fuck out of here, you jolly asswipe.” Growled the vampiress, a sword in her hand. “This girl is mine.”

“Oh yeah? Did you call shotgun on her?”

Santa then produced two shotguns from behind his back and began firing in a dual wield as impossible as it was badass.

“Because I do!”

He fired into the group of monsters. Sparkles appeared on the mummy and the werewolf and they jumped back as if they got yanked by invisible wires. Bort tried to hit Santa with a ray of unspeakable energy, but got easily dodged. Then, a red-nosed reindeer came through the door, ridden by a group of tiny elves, and scratched the floor with its hooves.

“Sick’em, Rudolph!”

The killer clown wasn’t even halfway through lighting his balloon bomb that the reindeer had pinned him to the floor and started eating his wig.

“Aaaargh! This is such complete bullshit!”

“I got elves in my eyes!” Screamed one of the jack o’lanterns. “They’re in my eeeeeyes! Aaaah!”

The monsters scattered and got away, no match for the gun-toting Christmas badass. The vampiress hissed and turned into a bat before flying away. The clown crawled away with his wig torn away and his sad comb-over laid bare.

“Disrespectin’ the holiday! Your lawyers will hear about this, Santa!”

“They already heard it!” The bearded fellow bellowed, making his shotguns twirl. “Didn’t you; guys?”

“!”

He fled through the door, and the lounge was left empty. Clover smiled widely.

“Wow, talk about saved by the bells! Although I can’t say I expected ya to kick quite so much ass.”

“What can I say? Everybody stops fighting on Christmas because I’m doing all the kick ass when I deliver presents. All of it.”

“People generally reckon you’re more...Jolly, though.”

“Ho ho ho! Don’t worry. Santa’s got plenty o’jolly when there’s no naughties around.” He assured with a warm smile, putting the guns away. “Why don’t we get ourselves an early Christmas, girl?”

“Sounds like a riot!” Giggled clover, curious as to what he meant.

“Just close your eyes.”

Trusting Santa completely, Clover closed her eyes, and heard whooshing noises and bell chimes. Only seconds passed before she heard the red-clad legend telling her to open her eyes again. She did, and was treated to the sight of the creepy lounge turned into the very incarnation of Christmas time. The chimney was lit, garlands, stars and other decorations adorned the walls. Various holiday foods were displayed on the tables. Gone was the dim lighting, replaced by the bright light of a warm home. Outside, snow was falling on the area, mercifully covering the gloomy trees with winter’s little diamonds. And at the center of the lounge, stood a huge, lavishly decorated Christmas tree. Clover squealed. All was right in the world.

“Best time of the yeaaar! Whooohooo! I don’t know why this is happening when it’s supposed to be Halloween, but I luv the hell out of it, Santa!”

“Well, like I said to those dweebs, humanity is giving me a larger timetable each passing year, and I’m not exactly known for my restraint.”

“I reckon so.”

“That, and the missus cooked way too much panettone. Damn is this cake heavy.”

“What’s panettone?”

He pointed one bemittened hand to a table, on which was resting a imposing, somewhat cup-shaped brown cake.

“European Christmas food. You’d think it was american, though, given its unexplainable ability to make you feel obese after one slice.”

“Well, I’m willing to try, but It’s kinda big for me alone.”

“Clover, Clover, Clover. Did you think I would let Christmas, even an anticipated one, pass with only one guest to the party?”

Clover hopped in joy.

“My friends are coming?”

“Ho ho ho, you’ll see! You’ll see! For now, how about you get into season’s clothing?”

“You mean...Like a parka or somethin’?”

“No, I mean this!”

Santa pulled a curtain, revealing a red, fur-lined outfit with gloves and a cap.

“A Santa girl costume! Aw yeah! Can I put it on?”

“Of course, child.”

Clover giggled, pulled the curtain and removed her cocktail dress to change. The garment was composed of two parts, a short skirt and a bustier. It felt weird exposing her belly button like that, but it carried the Christmas spirit so it was fine. As she changed into the celebratory clothes, she heard the door open and people getting in. The rest of the Mystery Girl gang! She thought. She twirled around, put on the long gloves and cap, and burst through the curtain.

“Watch out girls, Santette Clover is...”

The cheerful call died right in her mouth, though, as she laid her eyes on the newly arrived guest. A tall guy with a cape, a full body armor and a helmet with the inoffensive, cartoon likeness of a skull printed in white in the front.

Doctor Skull.

“...here...”

“Hello Clover!” Merrily said their nemesis, waving his hand, the eye-holes of is helmet inexplicably turning to circumflexes. “You look great in this costume! Merry Christmas to you!”

“What...What are YOU doing here?!”

“Come on, isn’t this the holiday where everyone ignores their differences and come celebrate together? Even the future dictator of Earth has to chill from time to time.”

“I...suppose that’s true, but...where are my friends?”

“Oh, running around the island, foiling my plans, like they do. Damn those meddling kids! Here, let me introduce to you my good friend Entity Zero!”

The metal man that had just entered the lounge made a forced smile and bowed.

“Deelighted to meet you, meatb...Sweetheart! Skull’s right! Your friends are back to normal and tearing holes in our devious plans like they’re making confetti. Boy, we’re sure getting our asses kicked, right Skullie?”

“You said it! Now who’s up for eggnogg? Whoooo!”

The caped villain giddily hopped to the various tables, gleaning holiday delicacies.

“Ho ho ho!” Laughed Santa. “Here’s a man that knows the Christmas Spirit!”

“But...Santa, he’s a villain!”

“There are no good or bad people on Christmas! Just friends! Let us all celebrate!”

Clover, of course, found the whole thing bizarre, but if Santa was cool with it, why not? After all, the Mystery Girls did have some fucked-up Christmas Specials in the past, it was just the first time they had to reconcile with Doctor Skull..

* * *

“Oh, oh, and don’tcha remember when ya wanted to crash the world’s economy by turning all the money into Skull-dollars?”

“Sure do, Clov! In fact there’s a funny story behind it. One day, I built this huge, fuck-off death ray, right. But then I realized that its death component only affected ants with a crippling addiction to cough syrup.”

“Ha ha ha, what?”

“When technology attains a certain level of villainousness, it tends to go critically stupid that way. Anyway, I tried to salvage it as best I could, but all I could made it do was turn drawings into my likeness. Small ones, too – the first thing I thought about was to change the Mona Lisa. God that would have been metal. But no, only bills could work.”

“And then we came, we destroyed yer machine and ya ran off to prepare yer next plan.”

“True, true, but even before you came I realized my plan, which was barely even a plan F anyway, wouldn’t work because Euros don’t have faces on them.”

Clover laughed and took some more eggnog. She looked at the ol’ Saint Nick and smiled.

“Ya know, reckon yer right, Christmas is fun even with a nemesis. Just wish the girls could be here.”

Doctor Skull took her hands and looked straight at the camera.

“Even if they’re not, the important thing is that they are here, with us, in our hearts.” He cheesily declared, his spiky gloved hand on his chest.

“That’s right!” Declared the android, joining in. “Everybody can enjoy Christmas, even meatbags.”

“Ho ho ho! It seems my mission here is done! Enjoy your early Christmas in each other’s company!”

He whistled, and out of the lounge descended the iconic sleigh led by eight reindeer. He hopped on, waved one last time and cast off after sending a last message :

“And don’t forget to check under the tree!”

Clover’s eyes shot wide open. Of course! She ran to the Christmas tree. Sure enough, the boxes, the quintessential embodiments of childish hope and excitement, stood there in all their shiny glory. Presents small and large, all dutifully labeled. There were five names scattered across all the boxes. Herself, Tatsuki, Thorn, Doctor Skull and Entity Zero.

The first box was labeled “From Santa to Clover”. She tore it apart, and gasped as she peered at its content, a simple doll made to her likeness, from her scraggly blonde hair to the color of her dress.

“Wow, she’s cute! Thanks, Santa!”

She went to the next present, which label read : “The ground was hard, but my feelings are not, Clover! Doctor Skull.” She opened it, and saw...

“A new comlink! Wow, that’s great!”

“I couldn’t leave you separated from the others, that would hardly seem fair, wouldn’t it? Plus, it’s not like Leona will mind.”

Having only paid half attention to Skull’s answer, she hastened to put the familiar device on her wrist and activate it. Immediately, she could hear the grumpy but comforting voice of her asian friend.

“For fuck’s sake, where is she?”

“Beep. I’m positive this was the location of the fake server. Beep.”

“Hey, guys, how’s it going?!” Said Clover.

“Clover?! Shit, in this mess I forgot about you. Why...Why are you dressed like...”

“Hun, it’s the Christmas Special! I’m with Doctor Skull and some other guy right now, having one heck of a party!”

Long silence.

“Clover, what the fuck.”

“I’m serious, hun! Santa was just there! I had broken my comlink but I got a new one just now! Come, there are presents for you too!”

“Who cares about the presents?” Intervened Thorn. “You’re all alone, get the hell out of there!”

“Don’t be a spoilsport, hun! Doctor Skull’s just opening his present!”

Clover looked at the scene of the big, menacing villain giddily tearing apart his large present.

“Oh, Entity Zero, you know me sooo well! It’s just what I wanted!”

“Oh, come on, anything for you on Christmas!”

“Okay,” sighed Tatsuki. “These two are clearly playing gay chicken.”

“Hey!” Said Doctor Skull to Clover. “Look what I got!”

The smile died on her face faster than a henchman in a castle full of James Bonds. She was devastated. She tried to pick a reaction, any reaction, but the shock was like a thought repellent. It couldn’t be. It couldn’t be.

“Clover? Clover! What’s wrong?”

“Oh, Tatsuki-chan, I think she’s just jeaaaaloooouuus.”

“Clover! Answer me, dammit!”

And so she began to stammer.

“B...B...B...You...What did you...”

“CLOVER! GET A FUCKING GRIP!”

The scream kickstarted her mind, and she screamed in turn.

“OHMIGAWD HE’S GOT BETSY!”

The southern Mystery Girl was paralyzed in a mix of fear and disbelief. Her nerdy friend was floating above the box, her entire being a translucent blue. She appeared naked, the only “clothes” she had being patches of darker translucent matter. She had a heavy collar around her neck, and her expression was that of confusion and fear.

“Sh...She’s lookin’ like some kind o’ ghost...This ain’t right...Oh, heck, oh heck...”

“Oh, no...” Somberly said Thorn. “That asshole wasn’t going to let us rescue her in the first place! That’s against the fucking rules!”

Entity Zero simply laughed.

“You hear me, asswipe?! We arrive and have to rescue her at the nick of time, that’s the goddamn deal! Who the fuck do you think you are, you non-canonical ass discharge?!”

“Meatbag, meatbag, there is still time. Well, the illusion of it anyway.”

As the goth violently addressed the mechanical villain, the transformed Bettina turned her head and looked at Clover, a tear flowing down her eyes and evaporating in a fizzle.

“Clo...ver...Help...me...”

The Christmas-clad Mystery Girl finally broke out of her paralysis and rushed to Bettina. She tried to grasp her, but her hands went through her body. She still had a faint presence, like a particularly strong static electricity field, and she could drag her away from the two villains.

“Bettina. I’m here, I’m here, it’ll be alright hun, I promise.”

“Can’t...think...Core...programming...Please...Help...”

“What the heck do I do?!!” She asked in her comlink, panicked.

“Beep. Wait a sec. Imma run a diagnosis. Beep.”

“Don’t bother, Windows MT.” Dismissively said Entity Zero. “She’s been converted into an artificial intelligence with holographic electro-simulated presence. The thoughts of what was your friend are still running on the central unit, but they’re little more than parasites.”

“Beep. He’s right. It’s like the boss is just an emulation. Shit. Beep.”

“Wanna be...human...” Cried Bettina, although she completely had forgotten that designation.

“There’s gotta be a way. We can rescue ya, hun. We hafta.”

“Perhaps there is. But not after...”

Entity zero produced a remote control, entirely redundant since he was a technological God, but hot damn wasn’t the sense of drama lost on him. He pressed the button.

“This.”

The collar on Bettina’s neck lit up, and an artificial voice chimed.

“Kernel detected. Installing complete artificial intelligence. Deleting organic persona.”

“NOOOOOO!” Screamed Clover.

Clover reached for the collar. But it wasn’t any more tangible than Bettina herself. Her poor friend began to scream in an odd mix of pleasure and pain.

“I can’t get it off, guys!”

“Chikushou!” Swore Tatsuki in her native language. “Can you do anything about it, Guru Meditation?”

“Beep. I’m already trying. Beep. But it’s insanely fast. Beep.”

“Persona deletion at 20%.”

“It’s inside...my mind...can’t...can’t...can’t...”

Clover was doing everything she could think of, but did little except further confuse her friend.

“Damn this eggnog is good.” Neutrally observed Skull.

“Why are ya doing this?!” Shouted Clover, crying in fury and desperation. “On Christmas, no less? Ain’t ya got no respect?”

“Oh, puh-lease. It’s not even Halloween. No wonder you get kidnapped all the time if you fall for that kind of shit.”

“Persona deletion at 50%.”

“Beep. I know that’s not what you want to hear right now, but that central unit is so powerful, it has got to be made by some kind of elder God. Beep. You should have sent wizards. Beep.”

“Can’t...can’t...caaaaaaaaaaaaaa....”

“This is fucked.” Gloomily said Thorn. “This is so fucked.”

Bettina laid an eye on the panicked southern cutie.

“Cloo...veee...r...I...”

“Persona deleted. Finishing installation.”

The nerdy girl had stopped moving, though she began to smile as the darkest areas of her body began to fill with zeroes and ones.

“Naw...Naw...Betsy...”

“Obey...imperatives...Master...Hmmmnyess...I comply...”

After a few excruciating seconds, the collar came off, and Bettina started moving again. But she didn’t as much as look at Clover, and hovered towards Doctor Skull instead, smiling.

“Greetings, Master. I am Skull’s Artifical Intelligence, or SAI. How can I be of assistance?”

“Well, my dear SAI, we’re going to go back home and you’re going to integrate yourself with the island’s systems. Once you’ve done that, you’re going to help Dark Aster get the remainder of the Mystery Girls.”

“Certainly, Master. My circuits cannot wait.”

“Come then.”

Doctor Skull put his eggnog on a table and walked to the exit. Bettina obediently followed him.

“Bettina!” Cried Clover. “Bettina, please!”

The blue, hologram-like being turned around and grinned.

“Sorry. The research for lame-ass meatbag returned 0 hits.”

And then she laughed. Clover fell on her knees, and watched, defeated, the three villains exit the lounge. She began to cry.

“This ain’t fair. Ain’t fair...Huuuh...”

“Kuso...”

Tatsuki had reverted to her native language two times in the same evening. It was rare to even hear her do that once.

“Come on, Clover. Don’t cry.” Tried to reassure Thorn. “At least you’re still alright. We’re coming to get you.”

Clover was utterly devastated. She held Christmas in utmost respect. She couldn’t accept that something had gone so wrong in that day. Even if it wasn’t the date. It was Christmas because Santa had said so. This was a nightmare. She would wake up. But try as she might to close her eyes, each time she opened them, she only saw the beautiful red gloves Santa had given her.

That’s when she noticed. A weird flowing on the red fabric. If it even was fabric. She was only puzzled, until she associated it with the events of the night.

“Guys?”

“Yeah? Don’t fret, Clov, we’re coming, fast.”

“Good. Cos’ I think I might not be alright.”