The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Kiss From A Rose

By J. Darksong & Gbrn32e

* * *

Epilogue:

“And that’s pretty much what happened,” Jimmy spoke wearily over the phone, shaking his head. “Everyone is recovering nicely, more shaken up than anything. And Devon... even though she was the one most responsible for saving the girls, she is probably more freaked out than anyone.”

“Aye, well, the girl has certainly earned a rest,” his father, Eugene, remarked. “Incredible that she was able to purge the girls of Satore’s influence.” He paused, considering. “I had thought to try and contact yer Aunt Sarah in Midas, to try and obtain her help, It seems perhaps the young lass has a similar power...”

“Maybe,” Jimmy replied dubiously, “though she’s still really trying to get a handle on exactly WHAT her powers are. And speaking of which,” he said, “I’m relatively sure that my previous guess was correct... that she, too, is a Norn.”

“Really? About how certain?”

“Hmm... about ninety-nine percent, I’d say.”

Eugene nodded thoughtfully. “Well, that would certainly explain how she was able to break Satore’s control.” He sighed softly. “If nothing else, she will be helpful in undoing the damage Satore is causing. Ach... I just wish yer mum Lacie Ann would return soon.”

“Yeah... we really do need to get those two together,” Jimmy mused. “In the meantime, Dad, have you heard from Katie? You mentioned before that Satore was heading towards River City to have it out with Uncle Parker. I hope you were able to give her a ‘heads-up’ to stay out of their way?”

“Unfortunately, no,” Gene admitted. “Eva and I have tried several times to reach her, but she hasn’t answered. I don’t think its anything serious, mind... most likely just busy, burying herself in her work as the Light of Justice, to keep from missing her new friends while they’re away. Still... I imagine she knows enough to stay out of Parker’s way, if she runs into him.”

“Yeah... you’re probably right,” Jimmy replied, frowning. Lately, he’d been having a bad feeling about his sister... nothing he could put his finger on, just a general feeling of wrongness,that she was in trouble somehow. Still, it was only a vague intuition... not strong enough to be certain, not like before, when she’d truly been in actual danger. It was as confusing as it was frustrating. Maybe I’ll have to go pay her a visit after midterms are finished...

“Well, lad, I’ll let you get back to it,” Gene replied with a sigh. “It must be getting pretty late there by now. It’s still early here, but I think Nigel’s still up. I suppose we can work on my legs a bit more, see if we can get them up and running...”

“Wait... did you say your legs?” Jimmy asked.

“Aye. It’s an integrated neural interface we’ve been working on,” Gene replied, looking slightly embarrassed. “It’s just a wee side project, something to keep my mind occupied... considering all that’s happening that is out of my hands.” Sighing, he forced a smile. “At any rate, lad, ’twas good to hear from you again. I’m glad that you’re feeling better.”

“Thanks, Dad. Tell Mom hi from me when you see her again,” Jimmy replied before cutting transmission. With a sigh and a yawn, he entered his bedroom, undressed and slid into bed next to his girlfriend. Devon stirred just enough to kiss him before closing her eyes again. Jimmy nuzzled against her, worry and concern melting away in her embrace.

* * *

Satore’s eyes snapped open. She’d been napping earlier, idly observing how her four servants among the Beautiful Gems were about to claim her more thralls. Then, suddenly, her connection with them was broken. Forcefully. And Satore finally understood what that presence she’d felt before was. She recognized HER handiwork. That... that impertinent BITCH! she fumed. Growling, she used the Internet connection to look up a phone number.

Back in Portland, snug and reclined in their beds, just having turned in for the night, Devon cracked open an eye at the sound of her cell phone buzzing. Yawning sleepily, she pulled the slim smartphone to her ear. “Hello...” she said softly, not wanting to wake her boyfriend.

“You goddamn fucking little bitch!” Venus growled. “How DARE you interfere in my carefully wrought plans!”

Devon blinked, shocked from the sudden outburst. “Wha... what th... who the hell is this?!?” she hissed, trying not to shout.

“Venus Satore,” she answered, nearly growling out the name, “but to beings such as you and I, the name Aphrodite is probably more appropriate.”

“Beings like... you and I?” Devon repeated, frowning. She glanced at Jimmy again, considering waking him up, but before she could continue, Satore spoke again.

“Oh, I don’t mean you, little human fool,” she stated harshly, “I’m talking to the being wearing you like a pair of old blue jeans. I wish to talk to that fucking high and mighty Norn bitch!”

“Norn?!?” Devon all but shouted, only to wince, as Jimmy groaned, rolling over onto his side. “Listen, you psycho,” she hissed quietly, “I don’t know what your problem is, but you’ve got the wrong woman. Yes, I did... do something... to break your control over my friends that you’d enslaved, but—”

“This is pointless,” Venus replied in a bored tone. “Let’s see if speaking in the language of the gods can get a proper response. Si huven ekess renthisj ekess wer ithquentiv irsa wux!” she stated in a clear and concise voice. Eyes wide, Devon gasped, before going limp, her head slumping forward as her eyes slammed closed. An instant later, she took the phone in her other hand, and, eyes open, answered back.

Wux huven ekess renthisj ekess wux, kenzi, wux tepoha sia ptaual!” she spat back, grumbling softly as Satore replied in with a laugh.

“Really? Calling me a whore is a bit strong, don’t you think?” she chided. “I only wished to have a conversation with you. Or rather,” she said, the levity leaving her tone, “voice a complaint at the way you’ve overstepped your boundaries here.”

“Oh? Do tell,” the woman inhabiting Devon replied with a smirk. “And what exactly would YOU call what you were doing, in trying to weave your influence over these people, not to mention this entire world?”

“I’m merely gathering followers to my faith,” Venus replied easily, haughtily, “which is well within the confines of my established role as a deity. As long as none of those I have enthralled have a specific impact on the future of the world, or in changing them changes their fate, you have no say so in the matter. So tell me, Norn... have I violated any of the established rules?”

Devon sighed heavily. “... no, certainly not the letter of the law,” she admitted grudgingly, “though the spirit in which the law was composed is another matter entirely.”

“Irrelevant,” Satore stated smugly. “I’m not one of these little human minions scurrying around aimlessly. I’m a goddess, one of your peers, and I will not be intimidated by you!”

“A peer, you say?” the woman replied back, in amusement. “That would presume that we Nornir consider the Aesir and Vanir to be our equals rather than our servants. But... let’s not quibble over semantics. I’ll concede that I went a tad... overboard... in severing your bond to your servants among my friends. However, considering that they physically attacked this vessel and attempted to subvert my Chosen among their ranks, we’ll simply call it even and leave it at that.”

Satore sniffed. “Hardly even, consider you’ve deprived me of four thralls and potentially four more... but fine. Just so we are clear on the matter—STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS! I don’t mind your ‘vessel’ as you call her being a walking talking thrall detector—it makes things interesting, and I actually like the challenge—just so long as YOU stay out of my affairs. Are we clear?”

“Crystal clear,” the entity within Devon replied dryly, “though you would do well to mind your tone. I can be civil, but push me too far, and I’ll take great pleasure in reminding you of the differences in our stations.” Satore harrumphed, but stayed quiet. “Now then, I—” she continued, only to pause, going stiff, eyes flashing briefly. “Ohh... oh my. Ahem... yes. I will stay out of your affairs, Aphrodite,” she said after a moment, her expression pinched and visibly shaken, “but as a simple courtesy, I’ll offer you one last warning: Give up on this selfish vendetta of yours. Let it go and move on with your life. I’ve just foreseen something... troubling. The path you are walking is a broken one, and if you continue on it, you may very well end up broken as well.”

“Oh? And is that a threat?” Satore snapped back, hackles raised.

“No, merely an observation,” Skuld replied, before disconnecting the call. She turned and gazed back at her beloved, sleeping next to her, love and sympathy on her face. Yes, Satore, she mused idly, remembering her vision, you have no need to fear me. There’s no need to threaten you... for there are far more fearsome things out this night than mere gods and goddesses... With a sigh, she sank back down in the bed, and prepared to awaken her beloved to face his destiny...

* * *

Eugene Frasier blinked, sitting up from his bed. “Wh... what? What happened?” he asked groggily, glancing around. “Ach... me head... feels like the time I tried to out drink Patty McGavin on a dare...” Shaking his head to clear it, he became immediately aware of three things. One, that he was completely naked, and sweat soaked, most likely from heavy exertion. Two, that he wasn’t alone, that both Eva and Ana were sitting on the bed across from him, their expressions tight and grim. And three... that he didn’t remember what had occurred between the time he’d left the swimming pool downstairs to go back to him room and waking up just now.

“Ana? Eva? What’s going on?” he asked slowly, not sure whether or not he truly wanted to know the answer. The twin blondes glanced at one another briefly, then nodded simultaneously.

“Eugene... I...” Ana began, hesitantly, blushing, “that is... you and I...”

“You two were having sex,” Eva said gently but bluntly, “It’s okay. It’s not your fault, and it’s not Ana’s. She was the victim of a really bad mindfuck. And no, it wasn’t Venus Satore’s doing... it was your daughter’s. Katie did this.”

Eugene blinked. He sat down, hard, trying to wrap his head around what he’d just heard. He... and Ana? And Katie had done this somehow? Why? “Wait... wait... hold on a second,” he said after a moment. “You’re saying that my daughter... Katherine Ann... that she somehow brainwashed Ana, and got her to have sex with me? That doesn’t make any sense! Why would she do such a thing?”

“It wasn’t me, not exactly. It was Constance. And even then... she hadn’t planned it that way,” Ana spoke up, again, still staring down at her feet. “I’d call it more a series of unfortunate events. From what I saw in Connie’s head, Katie merely put in a... safeguard. A booby-trap to keep Eva from reading too deeply in her mind to find out what Katie has been up to all these weeks. It was meant to be a distraction for my sister... but I was the one that tripped it when I was looking through Connie’s mind.”

“Wee Constance?” Eugene asked, frowning again. “Is she okay? She’s not hurt is she? And... does Nigel know?”

“Yes, Nigel is aware, he’s with her now, and no, Connie is just fine,” Eva replied. “A bit shaken up... and pissed as hell, but mentally, she’s just fine.”

“Ah, that’s good,” Gene answered, relaxing a little. “Okay. Perhaps ye’d best start at the beginning and explain what this is all about.”

“Well... it’s not like we have the whole picture ourselves,” Eva continued, “just from what Connie herself was privy to, but I think you can probably fill in the blanks. Katie, no doubt still trying to cope with the pain of her loss, came up with an idea to make River City ‘safe’. To make sure no one ever died a senseless violent death like Jessica, she decided to basically brainwash the entire city, and turn everyone, heroes, villains, and normal people alike into model law abiding citizens. And to do so, she’s using every resource she can find, chemical, technological, psychic—pretty much every talent at her disposal—to make it happen.”

Eugene nodded, absorbing this. “Aye,” he said grimly after a moment. “It makes a twisted kind of sense. And of course, she timed this little scheme of hers to take place the moment we all left the country.” He scratched his chin lightly. “But why hypnotize wee Constance, specifically? True. she is a psychic, but her powers were weak, and until now, basically untrained. So why co-op HER into her grand plan...” He blinked, eyes widening. “Ach... of course. Not for her talent, but for her knowledge! The lass is Nigel’s right hand man, after all... and who has more contacts in the highs and lows of River City than Blackfinger, the city’s undisputed kingpin?”

“Well, I suppose there are some who might dispute that fact,” Nigel replied dryly, entering the room with Connie in tow. Taking a glance at Eugene, he sighed, and turned away. “Honestly, Frasier, can’t you at least throw on a robe or something? There are ladies present.”

“Ever hear of knocking?” Gene retorted, slipping on his bathrobe. “I’m glad to see yer doing okay, Constance, lassie. And Nigel, before ye begin—”

“Save the speeches, Eugene,” Nigel replied, holding up a hand. “I know what’s happening as well as you do. Time enough for assigning blame and dealing with the consequences later. For now, we need to figure out exactly what we’re dealing with.”

“I can answer that much, at least,” Connie replied in a tired voice, as everyone turned to face her. “Katie was... well... you’re right. She wanted to make River City into a safe and secure place to live again. But it was more than just trying to use mind control over the entire city. First of all, if you start trying to brainwash everyone, people are going to notice. The heroes and police would come after you, and the villains would likely work together to stop you, considering you a threat.”

Nigel nodded. “I would suppose so. ‘The enemy of my enemy’, and all that. But I’m still not sure why young Katherine would target you specifically. Unless...” His eyes widened suddenly as he connected the dots. “Ah. I see.” Taking a deep sigh, he turned to Eugene. “I’m not sure if you’re aware of this or not, but back in my... ‘less law abiding days’, I took certain steps to make sure I had the ability to influence certain key city and state government officials, should the need ever arise.” Eugene’s scowl revealed his feelings on the matter. “We both know I’m no saint. I’ve never claimed to be. The point here is that if the need arises, and I happen to be unavailable or incapacitated, my lovely assistant has the necessary codes and phrases to exert that influence...”

“Which she passed on to Katie,” Eugene finished, nodding in realization. “What better way to avoid getting into trouble with the law than coercing them to your side from the very beginning?”

“It goes even deeper than that,” Constance added with a sigh. “Sioban, Patricia, and I helped her draft a proposal to the city council that would even legalize her actions... a secret initiative to ‘rehabilitate’ criminals committing even the slightest of infractions—anything from a parking ticket and jaywalking to the more serious crimes of robbery and grand theft.”

“Aye... and she’s had two months to pull this all together without any interference,” Eugene replied grimly. He shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose. “First this thing with Rose... then our troubles with Satore. And now this? Blast me heid... I must truly be senile not to have noticed any of what was going on around me.” Taking a deep breath, he opened his eyes and stood up. “Ach, that tears it. I have to go back. I have to try and stop her... make this right somehow.”

“What? You mean right now?” Eva asked, blinking in surprise. “Gene, have you forgotten what happening in River City right now? Venus Satore and her brainwashed Supers are heading straight to a confrontation with my nephew—”

“Which is precisely why we need to get there as soon as possible,” Gene countered. “If Katie’s already co-opted the entire city to her side, and gets caught up in this mess between Satore and Parker...” he shrugged helplessly. “I dinnae want to think about what would happen if one of them were to gain control over the other. There’s no choice. We have to get back to River City right away.”

* * *

Rosella Contreras shivered slightly as she made her way along the city street, pulling her cloak tighter around herself. It was still mid summer, and her chill had nothing to do with the weather. As she headed towards the airport terminal, she couldn’t help but think back on what had happened to her over the past hour. She shivered again, the thought of Katie Frasier evoking a response that equal parts fear and pleasure.

That girl... she’s a demon, she thought dimly to herself, in every sense of the word. When the sexy blonde bombshell had first appeared, she’d simply thanked her lucky stars for the distraction, confident enough that she could simply bide her time and escape, or, given the chance, convert the heroine and present her Goddess with a new powerful ally. Instead, she’d found herself in the grip of a titan, a goddess, a veritable force of nature... no. Such words paled to describe the being, the entity that had toyed with her so deeply. Rosella had always believed that the bond of her servitude to her Goddess could never be broken, except by Goddess Aphrodite herself, should she prove herself unworthy, and so attract her Goddess’ wrath.

And yet, the blonde girl she’d once known as Luminaire, the self-titled ‘Light of Justice’, a minor heroine at best despite her heritage... the girl had, with barely any effort at all, severed the link between High Priestess and Goddess, cutting her off from the source of her strength, joy, and peace of mind. Worse, ‘Mistress Supernova’, as she insisted she be called, had enslaved her, mind and body, yet left her her awareness of it all, knowing inside how she was being used.

And use her, she had—in spades. If Venus Satore’s ability to sculpt her servant’s physical forms to suit her desires was impressive, then Supernova’s talents were beyond phenomenal. Her new Mistress delighted in using her sexually, in any and every way her twisted little mind could imagine. During one session, she’d actually transformed Rosella into a man, the trauma of which would no doubt stick with her the rest of her life, watching in delight as the other slaves rode ‘her’ cock again and again to a blissful and hard fought release of epic proportions. Almost as disturbing was being shrunken down and transformed into a living dildo, and used to fuck her Mistress to a satisfying climax.

Perhaps the worst part, to her thinking anyway, was when she’d been forced to fuck and service Parker Albinn and his wife Veronica, at their Mistress’ behest. The Albinns were just as enthralled by the young blonde as she, Chloe, and Henry, however, to everyone else, it was completely normal, nae, expected, that she would happily serve as their living sex toy and wanton slut. She’d begged Parker with her most heartfelt plea just for the privilege of sucking him off afterwards, of being allowed to clean up the spend from their coupling, and had meant every word of it, despite the inner voice inside herself screaming in denial. It was shameful, and humiliating... and she’d cum harder from that experience than she had any of the others.

And that was the point, the true horror of it all. Everything that had happened to her, the entire experience, hours of torment, days, possibly weeks of submission, of sexual conquest, of being broken down to her very core—it had all happened within the space of a few seconds. Somehow, the young blonde woman had gained the ability to warp time and space to her will. For as long as her torment had lasted, no real time has actually passed in the ‘real world’. When she’d come back to herself, dazed by her experience, Supernova had calmly reminded her that she needed to get going... that she was supposed to meet up with her Goddess Aphrodite within the hour. And then, laughing smugly, she’d vanished, taking Chloe and the others with her, leaving her standing alone in the middle of the street.

I suppose I should be grateful that she let me go, Rosella told herself, scowling as she stomped her way into the terminal. I’m pretty sure the only reason she released her hold on me in the first place was that she wanted me to warn my Goddess of what she would be facing if they crossed paths. Well that’s not a problem. As soon as I see her, I intend to warn her to leave River City as fast as she possibly can! There’s no way I want my Goddess facing up against that... that... demon!

A small part of her cringed at the thought... of doubting that her Goddess was not as powerful as some little teenaged blonde floozy. Indeed, she could just imagine Venus’ expression and her reaction to being told that she needed to leave and run away from some slip of a girl that was a threat to her and her power. But I can’t let it happen, she reminded herself. My Goddess is a deity of goodness and love and lust... but even she won’t be able to stand against someone who can do the things that Supernova was doing! Even if it angers her... I have to make my Goddess see reason.

She glanced up suddenly, sensing her Goddess’ presence just before she appeared, coming down the concourse with another young dark haired woman in tow. Must be the new thrall, she mused, the one Hank mentioned to serve as her new bodyguard while he came to back us up. Pretty little thing... but she doesn’t look like much of a bodyguard...

“Ah, my little flower,” Venus said stiffly, welcoming her thrall with a small tight smile. “How nice of you to meet me here. I trust you have good news for me?” she asked, one eyebrow arched. “That you’ve beaten Albinn for me, and have him tied up somewhere, awaiting my arrival?”

Rosella blanched, going cold inside. “Um... actually, my Goddess... no. There was a... complication—”

THWAP!

“OF COURSE NOT, you FOOL!” Satore yelled, angrily, dropping the pretense of civility, fury dripping of her in waves, as Rosella clutched her pained slapped cheek in shock. “One job! I gave you ONE simple, insignificant job... to lure Parker Albinn out and thrash him to within an inch of his life! You even had a plan of action when you left, a way of drawing him out into the open! But instead, you chose to abandon that plan and play things HIS way!” she snarled, causing the High Priestess to wilt even more. “You didn’t wait for Henry to join you! You didn’t wait for Regina and I to arrive! You were so focused on proving yourself to me that you rushed right in blindly—and you failed to bring me my trophy because of it!”

Tears ran down her cheeks form the rebuke. She wanted to find a deep dark hole and crawl inside it. “Please, my Goddess,” she begged, sinking to her knees on the floor, groveling. “Let me explain! Yes... yes I was impatient. I was... I was overcome... Parker, he betrayed you, he taunted you with his so-called superiority! His very presence was an affront to you! And... you’re right. I wanted to prove myself to you... that I was a better Priestess to you than he had ever been.” She sighed softly. “In the end, I’d actually had him dead to rights... I was going to take him out, even at the cost of my own life—but someone else interfered! Someone powerful... Katie Frasier, Luminaire, the Light of Justice!”

Satore’s eyes widened in surprise. “Frasier? Did you just say FRASIER?” she growled. Can it be? Another one? Why is it that every time I encounter a setback, that cursed name keeps coming to light? I sense Fate’s hand in all of this... openly taunting me now. Her expression darkened. No matter. I’ll not be bullied, or shaking from my path in this. I am Aphrodite, and this is my time! My rule will be one of peace and love... but anyone who dares stand in my way will feel my wrath as well!

“Yes, my Goddess,” Rosella replied, still kneeling. She sighed inwardly. She’d already disappointed her Goddess, had invoked her wrath. And now I’m going to make it worse by warning her away. My Goddess... she’ll probably hate me forever for ruining this for her. Maybe even... send me away. But... I have to do this. I cannot let her face Katie Frasier as she is right now. Nodding inwardly, she opened her mouth to speak.

“But rest assured, my Goddess, the girl is nothing but a minor annoyance at best,” she said with a straight face, belaying the horror she felt inside at her own words. “Her reputation is that of a strong willed, brave, and resourceful heroine... but otherwise, rather dim and flighty... a typical ‘dumb blonde’. Unlike the others in her family, she is no genius.”

WHAT? NO!! That’s not what I wanted to say at all! she thought furiously, utterly shaking in rage. What’s happening to me? Why did I say those things?!?

«Because I willed it,» Supernova’s thought voice replied wickedly, causing a deep chill in the very pit of Rosella’s soul. She couldn’t hear the young woman’s voice, per se; instead, she felt her presence, her thoughts, her will, scrolling across the viewscreen of her mind, as if it was being typed out... no... as if written out, scrawled across the grey matter of her brain in dripping black ink! «You didn’t truly think I’d freed you completely from my thrall, did you?» her Mistress asked, taunting her. «I said I would return you back to your beloved Goddess, to carry a warning to her. I never said anything about releasing my hold on you... or that I would allow you to speak the truth. No... I want to meet this ‘Goddess Aphrodite’ up close and personal.. and see how she stacks up. She should be good practice... in case my mom or the others decide to interfere with what I have planned...»

Venus frowned a bit, sensing her thrall’s inner torment, but unable to read exactly why. “What is it, Rosella?” she barked, still a bit miffed. “Why are you so distraught? If this girl is such a minor annoyance, why does she have you in such a state?”

“It’s... it’s you, my Goddess,” Rosella replied, once more stating thoughts not her own. “I’m so sorry that I failed you... that I let someone like that Frasier brat get the best of me. Because of her, Parker and his wife escaped, and Chloe, Hank, and I were captured and sent to jail. You were right... I should have waited, and I should have stuck with the plan.” She shook her head, fighting against the words struggling to be said. “Worst of all... when I told her she would regret this, that my Goddess would not let such impudence stand, she... she laughed.”

The small vein on the side of Venus’ head began to throb. “She... laughed. At me?” she whispered darkly.

“Yes, Goddess. She laughed, saying that... that... ‘Satore is no goddess, just an escaped crackpot with delusions of grandeur’, and that her uncle Parker had told her all about you growing up... that if a rookie hero like him could beat you back in the day, then she had nothing to fear from you...”

“I see,” Venus replied, evenly, hands clenched tightly into fists.

Rosella quailed inside, both in fear and despair. She could feel her Goddess’ anger at the affront, and knew precisely what her response would be. Instead of warning her away as she’d planned, Supernova had used her to draw her Goddess in, to make her actively seek out the young demonic entity for a confrontation. It was the worst possible outcome. And it was all her fault.

“Regina, you’ve been quiet this whole time,” Venus stated, turning to focus on the dark haired woman, who seemed to be quietly staring off into space. “What is your opinion of this newest development?”

Regina sighed, blinking twice, before turning to face her Goddess. “It’s strange. I’ve been here a few times before. River City is a real metropolis, a huge city with hundreds of thousands of people. The main reason of bringing me with you my Goddess, was to serve as your protector, an ‘early warning system’ against any danger focused against you.” She shook her head. “This city... it’s just so... peaceful. It’s kind of creepy, really... in every direction, every area, I feel no threats towards you at all—except for two. One is a far to the south, towards the edge of town, near the Interstate. And the other... is there,” she said, pointing towards the center of the business section, to the tallest building on the horizon. “At the top of Grimalde Towers.”

“Interesting,” Satore mused. “Well, then, perhaps Eugene Frasier’s little PSA did me a good turn after all. If everyone in the city is too afraid to oppose me, than eliminating the only two threats in the city should be child’s play. Come, Regina, we’re heading towards the tower, to meet this young upstart face to face.” Rosella sighed, getting to her feet, moving to join them when Satore held up a hand. “No, my High Priestess,” she said stiffly, scowling. “You will not be joining us. You still have a mission before you, one that you have thus far failed to complete! You will go after that second threat Regina sensed, no doubt that scoundrel Parker Albinn, seeking to run away, tail between his legs. Find him and bring him to me... and then, perhaps, I’ll forgive your shortsighted impulsiveness.”

No, please! Rosella wailed, screaming silently inside. It’s a trap! Please! Take me with you! I can’t let you do this! Please! It’s a fucking trap!

«Of course, its a FUCKING trap,» Supernova’s thoughts scrawled over the inner recessed of her mind. «Thank you, Admiral Akbar, for stating the obvious. Now that you’ve delivered my warning to your beloved Goddess, it is time for you to return to your true mission. The ‘second threat’ that the girl sensed... someone who is NOT under my sway. Whoever it is, they are a threat... to ME, not your stupid Greek whore. You will find them and deal with them, now.»

“Yes, my Goddess,” Rosella said aloud, feeling something inside her break, as she turned, helpless to do anything but obey. It was so ironically fitting. She’d longed more than anything to be a true slave, to serve a Master or Mistress with no thought or control of her own. Now she’d become exactly that... the thrall of two separate Mistresses, being used by one to betray the other. The tears continued to fall even as she hastened to carry out her orders...

* * *

In a place of indescribable vast and empty space, far beyond the realm of mere mortals, a being stirred. Though it had no sexuality per se, ‘she’ liked to think of itself as a ‘her’. She extended her senses outward, towards the direction of the incident that had caught her attention. Intrigued, she focused her attention more intently, and found herself experiencing a pair of odd sensations she’d never felt before. Curiosity. And actual amusement. In her vast infinite lifetime, she had rarely encountered anything that grabbed her attention for more than a few nanoseconds. That such primitive life forms from such a backwater dimension could cause a disturbance of such a magnitude that it would actually affect her in some way was... really quite fascinating.

Perhaps I should make my presence felt, she thought to herself, still amused. In truth, though her name was evoked often enough by the various beings that resided in this reality, she rarely interacted directly with them. Doing so was generally problematic, requiring her to limit herself, to compress and condense her very being into corporeal form. Still, it was occasionally worth it. Whether or not it would be worth it this time remained to be seen.

Hmmm... interesting she mused, as she found the source of the disturbance. A human girl. And it seems she has found a Key. Curiouser and curiouser. While encountering one of the Creator’s keys was not unheard of, usually any being that came in contract with one was destroyed, obliterated, erased completely from existence, rarely even understanding what they’d found or what had happened to them. Yet this girl not only survived her contact with the Key, and been changed by it, she had a fairly rudimentary understanding of its properties!

Ah. I understand now. She was not merely human after all. She was of one of my daughter’s progeny.

Eons ago, during the Creation of All, she’d taken a lesson from the One Above All and created her own beings akin to her own self, to guard and guide the threads of reality, and provide a semblance of order and sanity among the cosmos. The Nornir were created to maintain the Great Weave of Reality, the entirety of all of space-time, that prevented the separate dimensions from collapsing in on each other. Retaining a small amount of her power, the Nornir had thrived and flourished, her daughters continuing their line through the millennia. That one of their descendants had survived an encounter with the Key was, all things considered, to be expected—

No. Wait. TWO of them... and one is a male. Even more intriguing.

Interested to see how things would develop, she moved forward, advancing through time to the point of the encounter between the two. The encounter was intense, and compelling... and dangerous. As she watched, captivated by these two titans, she felt it... another sensation she had not felt in millennia, not since the time of her own birth.

Pain.

The battle between the two had actually caused a breach, a fissure in the fabric of reality itself. Indeed, she could feel it all around her, everything around her, beginning to unravel. SHE was unraveling. She frowned at that. The end of everything... not that she feared death. Death itself was a unfamiliar concept to her—she was truly immortal, after all. Even if the universe and everything within it vanished, she would remain. She would merely... change in form and function. Which was unfortunate... she rather enjoyed being who and what she was.

But... no.

It seemed the girl, sensing the destruction caused by the battle, was moving to heal the rift, to restore the lost balance. The damage was severe, however, and it seemed that she would not have the strength to seal the breach completely. Incredibly, the girl, unable to summon the power to finish the deed, managed to reach out, beyond time and space, to draw in what she needed.

Or rather, who she needed.

The rift sealed. The borders to reality were restored. Nevertheless, things had changed. In sealing the rift with her powers, the rift between the dimensions in turn had become bound to her. She herself had become a nexus point to reality itself. And in doing so, the girl had bound itself to Her, to the entity the humans and Nornir alike called ‘Fate’. Years later, a mere blink of the eye, and the woman had bore children of her own, twins gifted with the same power, each carrying the legacy of the Key within them. And, sensing, seeing the paths each would take, seeing that reality itself was threatened by their power, she decided that, indeed, it was time to make her presence felt. It was time to show herself to her children.

It was time for Fate itself to take a hand.

((end))