The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Legend of the Spectral Seal

The Garden

by FembotHeather ()

“Yes Mrs. Grey, the plane is a total loss.” The man said into the phone.

“The seal was not found?” Mrs. Grey asked, her voice taut.

“No ma’am,” he replied, “the divers are still searching. The lake is shallow and the bottom is mostly sand, something like that should have been found.” The man held a picture showing a gold medallion, the words: Spectral Seal in bold type at the top. An open folder full of papers in front of him showed headlines that spoke of an ancient artifact with legendary powers and properties.

“Keep looking Jenkins, this is a top priority. You mentioned a town near the crash: what are the collateral impacts?”

“Minimal, Mrs. Grey, the town nearby uses the water for crop irrigation, nothing more. There is no record of any effect on plant life… only human.”

“Excellent,” Mrs. Grey replied, “Keep me informed.” with that she hung up.

One week later:

“Katie,” Melissa said from the Jeep’s passenger seat, “Are you sure your family won’t mind?”

“I’m sure,” Katie, the redhead answered, looking sideways at her friend. “They are so excited to see us that I could bring the whole volleyball team.”

“Hey!” Torrie said in mock outrage from the backseat, “I can’t believe you’d cheat like that, and with the volleyball team.”

Katie grinned in the rearview mirror and then turned back to the road. The forest opened up and the small town of Allenville spread before them. “Here we are,” Katie said, “abandon all hope, ye who enter here.” She and her companions shared a laugh.

A tractor trailer truck passed by on its way out of town; on its side it bore the words: “Heron’s Trucking.” Katie only absently noticed it, mostly because there had been so little traffic on the road into town.

On Main Street, they stopped at the only traffic light; a man crossed to them. As he approached Katie turned her eyes to Melissa, who had pulled a can of pepper spray from her jacket and was cupping it in her palm. The man approached quickly, a kind of wildness in his features.

He looked around, nervously and then intensely at Melissa and Katie. “Don’t stay in town; don’t!” he shuddered as he saw two men and a woman coming down the street. “Don’t let them take you to the g …” His words trailed off as the light changed and Katie wasted no time in pulling away.

In the mirror she saw the man being approached by several groups of people.

“What the hell was that?” Melissa asked, putting the pepper spray in her pocket.

“I have no idea,” Katie answered, “but I hope they help him.”

Driving past the town center they entered a more residential looking area, turning left at a stop sign they went down Elm Street and pulled into a driveway. Up at the house, a woman stood watching them from the porch.

“Ok,” Katie smirked. That’s my Mom, she’s seen us all and it’s too late to run.”

As Katie got out, she stared at her Mother, approaching. ‘Wow! Mom must be really working out, she looks 20 years younger.’ The thought faded as they embraced in a hug.

“Hi Katie,” her Mother said, breaking the hug and turning to the other girls. “You must be …”

“Melissa, Mrs. Johansson,” she stepped forward and they shook hands.

“Please call me Joan.” Mrs. Johansson said, as a man came out of the house.

“Torrie” The slim Asian stepped forward, also shaking hands with Joan.

“Hi Dad,” Katie looked up as the man walked to them. ‘My God!’ she thought again, ‘They both look so different.’

She let the thought go as she hugged her father.

“This is my Husband, Ben,” Joan said to the other two. “Katie’s sister, Jen, is …”

“… Upstairs.” Ben said, flatly, exchanging a look with Joan. “How was traffic?”

“It was good,” Katie answered, “especially in town. The place seems so quiet.”

“It’s a workday, and the rest are probably in the gardens.” Ben offered, “You wouldn’t believe how it’s all growing. Which reminds me … Torrie is it?”

“Yes, Mr. … Ben,” Torrie stepped up, extending a hand.

“I’m glad you’re here …” Ben began, “I’m told you’re quite the aspiring botanist.”

“Well … um …” Torrie paused, looking over at Katie, who shot a look at her Mother.

“We do have to unpack, Dad.” Katie said, her Mom apparently not having seen the look.

“We have this thing in the garden that you just have to see, Torrie.” Ben said, ignoring the death-ray look from Katie.

“Can you guys get my bags?” Torrie asked, already being led down to the street by Katie’s Dad.

“No problem.” Melissa said, giving Katie a shrug of her shoulders.

“Great!” Ben said, looking back, “I’ll give you all a tour as soon as Torrie gives us her expert opinion.”

Katie turned to her Mother, who was now helping Melissa with one of the bags from the back. “What was that all about?”

“Your father just wants to show Torrie the garden, dear.” Joan answered without turning around. “Once you see it, you’ll know why he’s so excited.”

“Where’s Jen?” grabbing a knapsack and a duffle bag, Katie shifted topics, wondering why her sister hadn’t come out to greet them.

“She’s in her room,” Joan answered, leading them into the house. “It’s just one of her moods. I’m sure she’ll snap out of it soon.”

The bags were dropped in the guest room, Melissa and Katie traded looks. ‘Yes, go see your sister,’ Melissa’s look said.

Katie gave her a ‘thank you’ smile and disappeared around the corner.

* * *

“What the hell?” Torrie gasped as they walked up to a row of huge plants. Some looked like elongated cabbage heads almost seven feet long and lying flat on the ground, while others were just huge trunks, encircled with thick leaves, surrounding a central red flower about the size of a fist.

Townspeople, perhaps a hundred of them, looked up briefly from their work then returned to tilling and tending.

“Impressive, aren’t they?” Ben said, walking beside her as they got closer.

“I’ve never seen anything like them.” Torrie said, moving closer to one plant, eyes locked on the big red flower.”

As Torrie stopped in front of the plant her foot brushed the leaves that protruded out along the ground.

“Watch,” Ben said flatly from behind her.

Torrie was about to turn around when the flower let out what sounded like a soft sigh, a cloud of mist quickly shot out, filling Torrie’s nostrils with sweet-scented fog.

* * *

“Jen?” Katie said, poking her head into the bedroom. The figure on the bed, her seventeen-year-old sister, was lying face down on her pillow.

“Katie?” Jen said, as she turned, looking behind her sister before facing her.

“What’s wrong, sis?” Katie asked, entering the room, noting the remnants of tears on Jen’s cheeks.

“God, Katie … I …” Jen gave a quick look toward the open door as Katie sat down on the bed.

“They aren’t …” Jen’s words trailed off as tears started again.

Katie leaned close to Jen, offering her shoulder in a hug. “Tell me, kiddo.”

* * *

Torrie’s world spun, swaying woozily, she inhaled deeply, as if trying to absorb every bit of sweet mist from the flower. Slowly, she moved forward.

She thought she could hear a voice, feel it in her mind, telling her to relax as she looked into the bright flower. The voice soothed her as she obeyed the compulsion to remove her jacket.

She stepped forward again, unbuttoning her shirt which quickly fell away. Her breasts sprung free as her bra was unclasped. Breathing faster she kneaded them with her hands. Torrie’s mind melted with lust as she moved her hands downward, her pants peeling away and falling around her feet.

* * *

“I can’t … not here.” Jen said, still eyeing the door. “When I heard you were coming I was happy … n … now I’m …” Jen’s spoke haltingly through the tears. “They aren’t … aren’t … When are you going to Cancun?”

“Cancun?” Katie replied, puzzled by the shift of topics.

“Your school is closed and you’re going to Cancun right?” Jen looked Katie directly in the eyes.

“Well yeah …” Katie answered. “Something in the pipes so we have the month off. How did you?”

“Take me with you …” Jen held tighter as if from a chill. “… tonight… let’s go tonight.”

* * *

Now naked, Torrie stood, staring at the flower, her eyes blankly focused on it. Her hands moved languidly over her skin as she floated on the words in her mind. Her body trembled as the leaves began to lift and close about her. Tendrils wrapped and probed her most sensitive regions.

Their touch was soft; the voice soothed her like soft music. The tendrils left behind a thick, clear liquid wherever they touched. She lowered her arms to her side as the leaves closed in, tightly cocooning her and then lowering gently. The leafy cocoon rested on the ground while Ben watched passively.

Then, as if at some unseen signal he turned and joined the other workers at their tasks.

* * *

“We just got here kiddo…” Katie wiped away a tear from Jen’s face. “Dad’s just taken Torrie to see something in the garden and Mom’s making dinner.”

“The garden! … No!” Jen suddenly stiffened. “Not the g ...” She stopped short as their Mother appeared at the door.

“Dinner will be ready in about forty-five minutes.” Joan said, looking directly at Jen. “Your Father should be back any time now with Torrie.”

* * *

Torrie floated in a warm caress of green, drifting on the soft, soothing sounds in her mind. The outside world had melted away in a sea of green lust; she exploded in orgasm as the tendrils teased her body.

Her cocoon bathed her in clear foamy syrup. It was warm on her skin, it filled her, even her lungs, it altered everything it touched, her body and thoughts were being remade. Being altered felt too good to question how or why.

She shook with another orgasm as her purpose opened up like a new bloom in her mind. She would obey. Another orgasm swept her mind away.

* * *

Katie had coaxed Jen to the guest room to help Melissa finish unpacking and straightening the bedding on the two beds and a futon in the room. Jen had seemed to calm down as the two College girls told her about their year and the planned trip. Katie hadn’t tried to pry any deeper into what Jen had said.

“Hey.” they all looked up as Torrie walked into the room. “Dinner’s ready.” she said. “I was supposed to tell you.” Then she turned and left.

“Do you believe her?” Melissa bristled. “No need to thank me for unpacking your shit.” She said mockingly.

Katie gave Melissa a sideways look and threw the pillow she had been holding. Melissa ducked quickly and the pillow fell on the floor. Melissa looked back at Katie, sticking out her tongue.

All three laughed as they stood up, heading for the dining room. Jen seemed to have calmed down; she hoped her hunch was correct and that Jen had just been having regular teen issues with their parents.

Katie watched as her friends ate. She traded subdued glances with Jen from time to time; otherwise she focused her attention on Torrie. Her skin glowed, where all three were tired from the long drive, Torrie seemed completely refreshed … except, Katie noted, her eyes; they were flat, like her parents’ eyes. Then she noticed Torrie and her parents occasionally trading looks.

“So,” Melissa broke the silence. “What was the big thing in the garden?”

Torrie looked up, turning from Ben and Joan to face Melissa. “It’s amazing.” She answered, her voice breathy and full. “I can’t wait to show you.”

“Well,” Melissa smiled, “We’re both pre-law. You’re the plant hugger. Don’t be surprised if we aren’t so enthused.”

“Oh.” Torrie looked back at Katie’s parents, then to Melissa and Katie. “Trust me, you’ll both love it.” She put a fork full of spaghetti in her mouth, her gaze resting flatly on her friends.

“Torrie said you had trouble coming in.” Ben said to Katie.

“Oh.” Katie pulled her eyes away from Torrie’s lidded eyes.

“Some crazy guy,” Melissa spoke up, looking between Katie and Torrie, then at Katie’s parents. Katie had shifted her gaze from Torrie to Jen, who stared at her food sullenly, not joining the discussion. “He came up to us and started talking crazy.”

Ben and Joan shared a look, and then traded looks with Torrie, “What did he say, exactly?” Ben said.

“Just something about don’t stay in town.” Melissa answered, taking a mouthful of spaghetti. “This is terrific Mrs. ... Joan.” Melissa added through the mouthful.

“Must be Roger,” Ben said, “he’s a little crazy when he’s off his pills … not sure you’d remember him, Katie.”

* * *

Melissa and Katie sat in the guest room; Torrie had gone back to the garden. Katie had declined her offer of a tour, saying that it was getting dark soon and that she was tired.

“What’s up?” Melissa asked.

“What?” Katie looked up.

“Don’t ‘what’ me …” Melissa shot back. “You can fool the boys, you can fool the professors, you may even fool your family … but you’ll never, ever fool me. Remember toots, I read you like a book.”

She held up her left hand in a fist, a birthstone ring prominent on her finger.

Katie smiled, holding up her hand the same way, a similar ring on her finger.

“Wonder twin powers … activate,” Melissa said as her ring touched Katie’s. “Spill it, bitch.” She smiled.

“The whole family is weird … different,” Katie began; “Jen said …”

“Your family is weird?” Melissa laughed. “I told you that my Uncle thinks he’s Gary Glitter, right? And I told you that my brother has conversations with fruit?” She cocked her head sideways with a big smile, moving to Katie for a hug. “Your ‘Leave it to Beaver’ family that still eats dinner together at the table takes to nature and suddenly they’re all stuffed with wild blueberry muffins?” She said with a giggle. “That’s why I love you, babe,”

“But …” Katie stopped as her Mother came in.

“I thought you were going with Jen and Dad?” Joan said.

“What?” Katie pulled away from Melissa and looked at her Mother in shock. “Where is Jen?”

“Oh she went with Torrie and your father to the Garden. You might be able to catch up with them if you hurry.”

“No!” Katie jumped up and ran out the door.

Melissa looked at Joan for a moment before standing up and walking calmly after Katie. “Kids.” she said with a smile and a shrug as she passed.

As she watched Melissa follow Katie out the door Joan picked up the phone. “They’re coming,” she said.

* * *

The Sun had set and it was getting dark. Katie had stopped running; she knew the way to the community gardens, having helped there when she’d been younger. Something, she knew, was happening there, she didn’t know what it was but she had felt the fear radiating from her little sister earlier. She knew something was happening to those she loved and that, somehow, she had to stop it.

She walked along and noticed that the streets weren’t empty. There were people walking along on the side opposite, and nearer to her she saw figures standing in yards and alleys as she passed.

She felt them watching her.

“Katie, wait!” Katie heard behind her. Turning she saw Melissa coming up behind. She was being followed closely by three men.

‘Melissa, watch out!” Katie screamed.

As shapes closed in from all sides around Melissa, Katie was about to start toward her friend when a hand reached out and touched her on the shoulder.

“Katie, it’s me.” Katie turned to face Torrie. Her friend stared back at her with flat, emotionless eyes. “You need to come with us,” Torrie said flatly.

“What happened to you, Torrie?” Katie backed away, shaking the hand from her shoulder. “Where is Jen?”

“Jen is like us now, Katie … like me.” Torrie continued. “We are all one now. We are joined.”

“Jesus!” Katie breathed, casting a look toward Melissa, They were separated by as many as fifty people, and she could only see that Melissa was surrounded.

“Run Katie!” Melissa screamed, “Don’t let them catch you!” Then Katie lost sight of her as the crowd divided and closed in on both of them in two masses. “I’ll find you … Just run!”

“Melissa! Shit!” Nearly surrounded and unable to see her friend any more, Katie turned and ran.

It was some distance before she knew where she was going. In a flash, she remembered: near the garden were two sheds with a tree next to them. When she was little, she had played hide and seek there and no one had found her.

The ground felt cold as she slid down into her secret hiding place. She worried about Melissa, her family, herself. Nothing made sense any more. She buried her head in her hands and cried. In time she dozed in an exhausted sleep.

“Katie.” she awoke with a start. Jen was next to her in the hiding place.

“Jen?” Katie looked at her sister in the dim light reaching them from the lights in the nearby garden. “Jen,” she began, “are you … are you you?”

“Silly Katie,” Jen teased, “thought nobody knew your secret hideout. Well I know. I’ve always known. Me and Misty Jameson come here to smoke just like you did all through high school.”

“Jen?” Katie started to back away.

“It’s beautiful, Katie.” Jen’s blank eyes caught the light and Katie saw for the first time how empty they were. “There is no pain, you walk in and it covers you. You feel so wonderful and warm. The whole world opens up to you as you surrender. It’s like being born. better than sex.”

“Oh, Jen, I’m sorry.” Katie’s cheeks were wet with tears.

“It’s time to go, Katie,” Jen reached out to grab her as she pulled away; pushing Jen down and taking off at a run. The sound she heard behind her chilled her very soul. It was like a scream, but not a human scream. Others like it began to sound all around her.

Rounding a corner, she had to stop running. Her lungs felt like they would explode. She had to stop.

“Katie Johansson,” said a figure looming up out of the darkness. She recognized the man as her former social studies teacher from ninth grade, Mr. Hendridge. She stopped walking, staring at him tiredly, not sure what to do. “Your parents said you were coming back to town. It’s really good that you came back now.”

“Hi, Mr. Hendridge,” Katie said cautiously.

“Isn’t it wonderful?” Mr. Hendridge asked her in the now-familiar flat, lifeless tone. “Your friend will understand as soon as we show her the way.”

‘He doesn’t know…’ Katie thought. She didn’t know how he didn’t know… but it was the first sign that whatever was happening could be beaten.

“Yes,” she said as flatly as she could. “It will be wonderful to show her.” She began walking, hoping that he would let her pass, a faint hope growing that Melissa had somehow gotten away as well.

“We will help her understand,” Mr. Hendridge said from behind, it was then that Katie saw two more figures approaching from the darkness. “Hello Roger,” Mr. Hendridge said, “Charlie.”

As they got closer Katie recognized the ‘crazy’ man from their arrival in town. He now looked at her with no emotion at all. There was no way to get away, Katie thought, she had to play along and hope she could get past them. “Charlie owns the trucking company, Katie,” My Hendridge told her, “And I think you know Roger.”

“Yes,” Katie said as emotionlessly as she could. “It’s wonderful that we are all better now.”

“Once we find the other girl,” Mr. Hendridge began. “We can begin to expand into their College…”

“Katie,” a familiar voice brought a chill of fear, Torrie walked to them. “It’s wonderful, isn’t it?”

“Yes, Torrie.” Katie was trying her best not to sweat, not to scream, not to show anything that would reveal her as anything but the robots these people appeared to have become. She wondered, hoping against hope that there was a way to reverse this … whatever this was.

“The trucks have been pulling out all day.” Charlie announced without any feeling. “We will have all major cities in the State under effective control within a week.”

Katie’s blood ran cold; it seemed that soon it wouldn’t matter if she got away because there might be nowhere to run. ‘Fuck!’ she screamed inside of herself.

Torrie stared at her, coldly… Katie’s heart stopped. ‘She knows,’ Katie thought as a bead of sweat made its way down the side of her face.

“She’s faking.” Torrie told the rest. “She’s not one of us.”

Katie ran; her heart beating through her chest as the world exploded in unearthly horrifying screams.

She rounded another corner just kept running. Hearing the tramp of running feet behind her she sped up, turning quickly down a side alley.

She practically dove behind a dumpster as her pursuers passed.

Moments passed that seemed to stretch into hours. Katie felt the pull of sleep tugging at her body and knew she needed to move. Gathering her nerve, she rose, cautiously, emerging slowly from the alley and looking around. People were moving about but she recognized none of them. It was now or never.

As four people walked past her she joined the procession, keeping her features as lifeless as she could to try and blend in. ‘If she could get to the jeep,” Katie thought, ‘she might have a chance, and maybe Melissa hasn’t been caught… Melissa…’ her thoughts trailed off in a hopeless attempt at hope.

Purposely lagging and falling behind the group she turned to cross the street.

Katie looked up at a sound, a motor, and then saw headlights coming toward her. She stared in awe as the jeep came up beside her and jolted to a halt. It was Melissa, she knew before she saw, Melissa had never mastered the jeep’s stick shift.

The screams sounded all around her, it was a sound that froze her to her core.

“Get in.” Melissa said, watching the townspeople advance.

“Melissa!” Katie was too excited and exhausted to think as she jumped in and the jeep sped away, running the stop light and rounding a corner.

“So glad I found you.” Melissa said, rounding another corner and stopping the Jeep. “Looks like you did a good job fooling them for a while,” She turned slowly toward Katie. Katie looked up into her flat, blank, soulless eyes and realized too late.

Melissa leaned in, with lightning speed, kissing Katie fully on the lips. Katie’s mouth filled with a warm, sweet taste.

“You can’t fool me,” she said, flatly, breaking the kiss. Katie’s’ world exploded in a flash of flying stars. Her mind swam. She was afraid but somehow she couldn’t hold onto it. Her thoughts rolled over and were impossible to capture. All she could do was stare at Melissa, beautiful Melissa.

“What you’re feeling is the pollen. It makes us calm, makes us obey the voice… It’s wonderful Katie.” Melissa held Katie in a soft grip. “Oh sweetie,” she cooed in Katie’s ear, “I know you’re afraid… I was too.” She pulled back to look Katie in the eye. “The pollen makes us feel the need. It makes us feel wonderful and then it takes us in its embrace. Melissa caressed Katie’s shoulders and then held her face softly in her hands.

“Kiss me,” she breathed, moving in and kissing lightly. “Kiss me and never feel afraid again.” This time Katie received the kiss, her mouth filled with the sweet taste that came in as Melissa’s’ tongue slid into her. The fear fell away and she returned the passionate embrace completely.

She was barely aware when the Jeep started up and began moving. “Soon we’ll be connected. It’ll be wonderful.” Melissa soothed.

Katie’s world floated in fog as the Jeep sped off toward the garden.

* * *

“You’re sure you found it?” the woman’s voice came tersely from the phone. “I’ll be coming in on the eleven AM flight tomorrow and I hope you have it wrapped up by then.”

“Yes, Mrs. Grey,” You’ll be very glad you made the trip.” Jenkins said to his boss over the phone. “We found what you’re looking for and more in the garden.”