The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Librarian of Pathos

By...”The Naked Prose

Chapter 5: Shattered

Dominic glanced up at the clock while he nursed his beer. He needed to get away from the insanity his life had become. Yesterday morning, he had been just another appraiser, an estate handler pawning useless junk at auction and digging skeletons out of the closet to receive cash settlements. Now, his life had fallen apart.

His wife was an adulterer. She displayed a level of depravity he had not thought possible. His thoughts lingered to how he had discovered it, the strangeness of the ring, the strangeness of Arthur Greene, and yes, the strangeness that was Dominic Argento. The flashes from this afternoon of his beautiful secretary engaging with multiple partners occasionally lifted its way into his mind, bringing him an instant erectile response. Such responses were becoming more and more common as he dwelt on the secret rites he had witnessed.

He glanced around the bar and looked at the clock again (realizing he had looked three times now without ever actually reading the time). 7:14 PM...the bar crowd had begun to build and the solitude of his booth was being intruded on by the sounds of evening revelers. He could smell them, like he’d never smelled anything before. There was something at the core of his existence that was responding to the scent in the air, as if he were capable of seeing to the core of someone’s being. His senses blended together to create pictures as he flashed around the bar.

The blonde at the end of the bar was talking with a computer programmer from down the street. He was flirting, she was attempting to get rid of him. A group of social recluses came in and he could feel the revulsion from the socially stereotyped population. A blonde at the table nearby was busily working her charms on someone she felt could provide for her future, but she had every intention of keeping her current boyfriend through the duration of the marriage.

These thoughts and images flooded into him, setting his mind burning with desires and disdain. Again this desire bothered him, in that it was an intellectual response, not a physical one. Something was happening to his sexual response system...something at once both unusual and disturbing. His waitress approached the booth and sat down next to him.

“Can I get you another one?” she asked. It seemed the modern-day tactic for garnering a greater tip in the food-services industry was now to seat yourself at the table and feign familiarity. It had always bothered Dominic, the façade it presented.

“No, I think I’ll just get the check when you get the chance.” She was a svelte brunette, with a kind face, and a reasonably honest demeanor, but Dominic could somehow clearly see through the veneer. There was no real interest there, she was using her charms for personal gain, like so many others around him. Again, from the depths of his subconscious, a thought leapt forward.

“Why don’t you just offer to give me a blow-job for a bigger tip. It amounts to the same thing.”

She was already walking away when he thought it, and the evil notion was quickly beaten down by his logical mind. Logically, he knew that she was just doing her best to get by...she probably wasn’t even consciously aware of such a small deception. Guilt immediately washed over Dominic as he waited for the check to arrive, and a twinge of redness flushed his cheeks as she dropped it off.

It wasn’t until he picked up the carbon from his credit card that he saw the note scrawled on the “Customer Copy”.

“Good Tippers get Good Head. Call anytime.” A phone number was scratched underneath. Dominic swallowed the last dregs of his beer hard.

He left an excessively large tip, and he couldn’t even really say why.

The drive home was arduous. He had no idea what he would find when he got there...if Brenda would be there or gone. He had no idea what was happening to him. The headache was still pounding its way through his brain, flaring on one occasion and dulling the next.

And he could no longer argue with the possibility that he, and that damnable ring, were the root cause of it all.

Could paranoia and dementia be spread? Could he project his insanity on others? He was convinced that some sort of hallucinogenic dementia had overtaken him. Some form of erotic sickness had gripped his fragile psyche and was turning thoughts of everyday people into a sleazy, dime-store novelette. That last encounter had visibly shaken him, however. There had been NOTHING to suggest such a response from the waitress prior to that guilty notion. Had he somehow affected her? Or was he, instead, picking up on more subliminal indications and somehow translating those truths into his own twisted vision?

He shook his head repeatedly. Was he a protagonist in this, or just an observer? What had changed in him? This had to have been caused by Greene’s signet ring, there was too much here to be a coincidence, but how?

He would need answers. He would need to go back to that secret room, and soon, to try and garner what was going on. There was far more to this mystery than he had been given opportunity to discover, and he would need a great deal of time to sort it all out.

First, however, he had something to take care of at home.

As he pulled the car up, he realized the SUV had moved into the garage, indicating that something had happened since he had left. He left the car in the driveway and approached the front door with caution. Entering the house, it took only a few moments to find Brenda in the kitchen.

He sensed her dread. She had been crying most of the day since he had left. She had also been masturbating. There was a torturous combination of sexual tension and despair lurking in the air. When Dominic came upon her she looked a mess, seemingly torn each moment between her sadness and an uncontrollable urge to explore her own sexual passions.

Seeing Dominic, however, seemed to snap her out of her haze long enough to respond.

“Hello” she said feebly. “I...I didn’t’ know if you were coming back.”

Dominic sat at the table and examined her closely. He hadn’t seen it before, but his suspicions were being horribly confirmed. She hadn’t been like this that morning. Something had changed inside of her, and he was the root cause. They looked at each other for a long while before he finally spoke.

“You told me last night that you were dreaming about me.”

“Yes.”

“That was a lie, wasn’t it.”

She was hesitant in her reply. She cast her eyes downward as she spoke. “Yes.”

“And this morning. That was more than just an idea, wasn’t it.”

“I...” she had tremendous difficulties choking out the words. “I don’t know what came over me this morning. When it started, I was honestly just excited from...” she paused hard at this, “well, from the dream the night before.”

Here was where he had to draw the full truth out of her. He had to know how the day had all played out...there were still too many pieces missing.

“What happened at lunch.”

She looked up into his eyes and could tell that he knew. No amount of deception would keep the secret now. She decided to reveal all, her exhaustion from the day driving her onward.

“I had an affair.”

The words hung in the air for many moments.

“This hadn’t been the first time, either...had it?”

“No.”

Dominic kept his voice cold and impersonal as he spoke. “Tell me about it. ALL about it.”

“Well, I met up with Paul shortly after I left you. I was feeling strange, and...well, horny. I hadn’t ever felt this way before. I had been excited as hell ever since this morning, and I thought it was...well, because of him. We met at the little hotel around the corner from work...we’ve been there before on our lunch hours. It’s very, um...discreet.”

Her arousal was apparent as she spoke. As she relived the day’s events she was becoming more and more in need of release. Her nipples were showing visibly through her perspiration-soaked blouse. She shifted uncomfortably in her chair, her hand stroking mindlessly on her thigh.

“We made love—...no, we fucked...throughout the hour. I was almost late getting back. But, somehow, it just wasn’t enough. I thought about lunchtime over and over again as the afternoon dragged on. I had...I had to go to the bathroom and, well...you know. I had to cum. I couldn’t help myself. Every hour dragged on.

“Finally, around 2:30, my cube-mate Patricia told me she had to pick up her son and a few of his friends from school. They’d had some sort of football practice or something, and her husband wasn’t able to pick them up that day. She was really busy, so, I, um. Well, I didn’t think it would hurt anything to just pick them up and drop them off.”

“That was who you were...with...when I got home.”

“Dominic, you have to believe me. I NEVER would have even considered doing such things. I got near them, and well, I, I just couldn’t control myself. I had no intentions when I picked them up, I just...”

“You just couldn’t control yourself.”

“No.”

She began to sob uncontrollably. Dominic had watched her throughout, and could tell immediately what had happened. True, she had been unfaithful in the beginning, but today hadn’t been her fault. She had been changed...by him.

“It’s alright, Honey. It’s not all your fault.”

“I just...I just...I’ve never been like this. NOTHING like this. I can’t go more than an hour without thinking of, Oh God...thinking of men. Thinking of men’s cocks. Thinking of them penetrating me, filling me, ravaging me.” She began to masturbate openly now, her fingers rubbing across her engorged clitoris. Her other hand pinched and pulled at her nipple, eliciting moans and gasps. “I just, I just need it so much. Paul wasn’t enough for me. A fucking football team wasn’t enough for me, when the hell will I get enough?” She broke down into tears again, but continued her erotic ministrations. “I’m such a...a SLUT. I can’t help it. I never realized it before today, I never thought I was like this. But I am...I’m horrible. I can’t...I don’t deserve...”

She came softly, and returned to her tears. Dominic’s guilt reached a point he couldn’t stand.

“You’re not a slut, Brenda. You never were. This, and I suppose everything, is really my fault.” He wasn’t sure he could do any good with it, but he did his best to THINK the words as he spoke them. “You’ll be fine from here out...you’re the same old Brenda you were before last night.”

The crying continued, but Dominic could tell immediately that the change was gone. She had reverted back to her normal self. Her deception had been discovered, but her unnatural need for sexual congress was gone. They were silent for a long while.

“I...I think I should go. Get away for a while.”

“I think you’re right.” Dominic’s feelings were still horribly unclear where his wife was concerned, but he wasn’t yet ready to cast her aside. His rage had already caused one tragedy, and he had no desire to put her through another such existence. What he had done was inexcusable, even for someone that had broken his heart.

She left quickly, apparently having already packed her bags. He had thought about offering her the house for the evening, but he could tell from her scent that she wouldn’t take it. There were strong, very recent memories here that she couldn’t escape. It would be a long time before she could sleep in that bed.

It would be a long time before Dominic was comfortable in the bed as well.