The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light & Shadows V: Dark Road to Redemption

by J. Darksong

VI.)

“See you later, Jimmy,” Julie said with a grin, slapping me lightly on the back. “It was kind of cool working with ya.” I grinned back, rubbing at my slightly sore back.

“Indeed,” Diane agreed, nodding slightly. “I wish we could have met under different circumstances, but my teammates and I are all very glad you were here. Thank you.”

“Aw, shucks,” I replied with a western twang. “’Twern’t nuthin’.”

“He’s right,” Emerald replied with a smirk. “After all, I was the one who took out everyone and gave him a clear shot to take out Salazar.“

She had a point, I suppose. A small point. In the end, standing there, green glowing hands charged and ready to fire at me, it all came down to a question of trust...

Scowling, she’d glared at me. “And how do I know this isn’t some kind of trick? How do I know you’re not working for Salazar, and this is just a ruse to get us all right where he wants us?”

I’d sighed, letting go of her arm. “Well... I guess for that, you’re just going to have to trust me.”

“Trust you?” she’d said in a calm steady voice, raising her glowing hands towards me. “I have to trust you? Sorry. No. I really don’t.” With an effort, she lowered her hands. “But... I DO need your help. I’m a bit... out of my comfort zone here. I don’t want to attack my own people, my friends... but I don’t know what other choice I have if I want to save everyone!“

“That’s where my idea comes in.” I sighed, shaking my head. “You’re going to have to pretend to still be under Salazar’s control. You’ll drag me in, unconscious and beaten. I read his file once, and I remember it well—Salazar, he’s a coward, but he likes to gloat. Once he thinks he’s won, he’ll show up to taunt Amber and whoever is left before he delivers the coup de grace. When he’s close, I need you to act like you’re about to attack her... but instead, I need you to blast Diamond, with everything you’ve got.”

“What?!?”

“Again, just trust me! In her diamond form, it won’t do her any real damage, just stun her. More importantly, the diffusion of the blast will take out everyone else in the immediate area. I’ll disable the computer chips controlling your friends, and provide cover for you. You get them to safety, and I’ll get Salazar...”

Despite everything, all of the girls had come through the ruckus at the warehouse relatively unscathed. Yeah, there were more than a few bumps and bruises, and Ruby and Pearl both needed a few stitches, but all in all, everyone pulled through safe and sound. I’d finally gotten the chance to apologize to Emerald for what had happened before... and was a bit surprised when she and Amber apologized to ME.

“It was our fault,” Amber had admitted after a pause. “After seeing what happened to the driver of that minivan... we were mad. Angry. I was angry... too angry to listen to reason. And... Emerald and I, we could have alerted the police, or the other Supers at the scene... we could have called for backup... but, well, we...” She shook her head. “... that is, I decided, to try and take you down by ourselves.“

“We were trying to prove ourselves, you know?” Emily had added, sheepishly. “We help the police a lot here in Portland, and we’ve taken down the occasional super villain now and again... but for all of our training and drilling, we’ve never really had the chance to prove ourselves against, well... someone really powerful.” She shrugged. “We saw the way you took out Nytro. You took everything she threw at you, um, literally... and you still managed to beat her.”

“Yeah, well... the situation was all sorts of screwed up,” I admitted. “But still... even with everything I was dealing with, I had no right to take it out on the two of you. I went too far... way too far... and I humbly apologize.”

“Well, considering the fact that you helped save all our collective asses,” Amber had then replied with a slight smirk, “I guess we can humbly accept.”

So it was with a glad heart that I departed Portland, heading back home once again. Things hadn’t gone as I’d expected, not by a long shot... but there was a definite silver lining to this particular dark cloud. Not only had the Gems taken my apology, they’d accepted it. It wasn’t just lip service, like some of those I’d apologized too recently. I guess I owed Salazar after all; thanks to him, I’d had a chance to prove myself in their eyes. Now, heading down the highway, listening to Slayer with the wind blowing through my hair, I took comfort in the fact that of the extremely long list of people I’d wronged over the past several weeks, there was only one more I needed to apologize. Unfortunately, this was the meeting I was dreading the most.

* * *

“Hello?”

“Hi, Megan? It’s Jimmy. Frasier. Jimmy Frasier. Um, sorry to bother you... I was wondering, um, if you weren’t too busy, or involved in anything at the moment... would you mind if I came over? I need to talk to you about something. In person?”

There was a long pause, so long I started to wonder if maybe she’d hung up on me. It wouldn’t be the first time. Then:

“I was wondering when you were going to call.”

“Um... you were?”

“Yeah. I’ve been... keeping tabs on you. You know, since the trial. Seems like you’ve been going around, making formal apologies in person to everyone you hurt.” She sighed deeply. “You’ve been really busy.”

“Yeah, it was a long list.”

Another long pause. “So... what? It’s my turn now? You want to come over to my place, drop to your knees, and beg and grovel for my forgiveness? Is THAT why you called?”

Wow. Not making this easy was she? “Er, well, I wouldn’t have put it exactly that way, but...”

“Alright,” she replied without hesitation, surprising me. “Come on over. I’m just about to have lunch.”

“Really? You’re sure it’s not an imposition?”

“Not at all. And maybe seeing you grovel will improve my appetite.” Click.

I shook my head, staring at my cell phone. “Yep. Definitely not making this easy for me.”

* * *

I arrived in Redburton shortly before two P.M. and at Techna’s home a few minutes later. I couldn’t shake the feeling of trepidation I felt as I slid out of Jenny’s leather seats and walked the short distance to her front door. Before the trial, the last time I’d seen Megan was about a week into her treatment sessions with Dr. Eva Snow. Still recovering from the effects of the double-whammy from the computer induced mind-control and a heavy dose of my own darkness induced brainwashing, she’d looked almost like a zombie walking out into the waiting room. Then she turned, and our eyes met, and her face went even more pale, a look of unbridled horror twisting her features. She let out a loud gasp, shook for a second, then passed out cold.

It was at that time that Auntie Eva forbade me from having any more contact with Techna until her therapy was completed. At the same time, Megan had begun calling me, nearly every day for three weeks, begging me to call, to come over, to just... talk to her. It was pitiable. And I was the cause. I’d turned her, a strong, independent woman, a Super and fellow crimefighter, into a weak-willed, obsessed, and disturbed little girl. And worst of all, nothing I could say or do would change it; in fact, according to Eva, my very presence seemed to make it worse, my own inner darkness resonating with that tiny bit of me still inside her, sending her into a submissive and suggestible state. So... I stayed away from her. I avoided her, and refused to return her phone calls. Even a few months later, when she’d completed her therapy, and was mentally and emotionally stable once more, I just avoided her, more out of guilt than anything else. I’d hurt her. I couldn’t make it better, so I’d turned tail and ran.

Well... now it was time to face the music. Again.

Knocking briskly on the door, I went over again what I was going to say to her. Probably direct and to the point would be best... cut through all the bullshit. Techna’s the kind of girl that deals with logic and facts. Excessive flattery or small talk would probably just irritate her. I sighed deeply. Hmm... I doubt her stance on creating lethal weapons has changed in all this time... but... maybe I should shadow cloak myself. Just in case...

The door opened, and Megan stood there facing me, dressed nicely in a bright, flowery, yellow sundress, a pair of white strappy sandals, and her long mahogany colored hair done up with a twist. My jaw literally dropped; the girl was always cute, in my opinion, bordering on gorgeous when she smiled, which unfortunately wasn’t very often. Also, unfortunately, her cute eyes were usually hidden behind glasses or goggles when she was working, and she tended to dress practically utilitarian, in baggy jumpsuits or sweat pants and t-shirts that did absolutely nothing for her figure. Had I not known her so intimately—indeed, in every sense of the word—I would have thought her a mannish, unemotional thing with no sexuality whatsoever.

The radiant brown haired beauty that stood before me now was so far removed from her usual self that it seemed to be the other end of the spectrum.

“Me... megan! Wow! You, you... look... b-beautiful!” I stuttered, feeling completely off-kilter. She merely smiled at me, which increased her loveliness, as well as my disorientation. I mean, what the hell? Over the phone she’d sounded positively polar, as if this meeting would be a reenactment of Custer’s Last Stand, with myself playing the part of Custer. Arriving, I found it to be more like a Vanity Fair picnic... and I for one felt woefully underdressed.

“Well, don’t just stand there gawking,” she said after a moment, stepping aside, holding the door open. “Come in.” She closed the door behind me as I entered. “If you’re going to grovel, you might as well do it in here on the carpet.”

Despite the obvious jab, we soon settled into comfortable conversation, catching up with each others’ lives as if we were close friends who hadn’t seen each other in a while. She offered me a drink, brought me a Sprite, which as I recalled, she disliked. “Mmm... thank you,” I said, taking a deep drink. “Did you buy this just for me?”

“Hmm?”

“The Sprite. I remember you don’t like it.” I took another long drink. “It was nice of you to pick some up just for me.”

Her grin faltered slightly, and she looked away. “Yes, well... I was picking up a little something for my lunch... and I was right there... and, well...” She shrugged. “It’s no big thing.”

“Well, it is to me,” I said, letting us lapse into an awkward silence. I sighed, and cleared my throat. “I, um... I need to apologize to you—”

“Stop,” Megan said, holding up a hand, still avoiding my eyes. “I know what you’re going to say. But I need to say something first. You blame yourself for turning me into... into...” She swallowed before continuing, “A submissive slave.” She finally looked me in the eye. “You blame yourself because of what happened in the county court house... and afterwards, back here at my house. You think you started what later became something of an obsession...” She held up a hand again to forestall my protest that, yes, that was EXACTLY what happened...but I let her continue. “I know you also feel guilty about what happened to me in the warehouse in Portland, for my getting my mind scrambled. But, well... I didn’t give you much choice in the matter. The subliminal programming overwhelmed me... made me try and kill you. You did what you had to do to save everyone.”

“Yes... but if I hadn’t come to you for help and dragged you along with me, you wouldn’t have been there in the first place.” I sighed. “Then... I lost my temper... again. Something I seem to be doing a lot of lately. I pumped you so full of my shadow energy and drained your own light so low it’s a wonder I didn’t give you brain damage.” Something of which I wasn’t quite sure about, considering all the work Dr. Snow had to do to restore Megan’s mind after the fact. I stared at her, into her dark brown eyes, with flecks of black still floating behind them. “I’ve... gotten better with the control of ... my powers. I can probably draw out... the rest of my darkness from you now...”

“NO!” Techna screeched, jerking to her feet. My eyes widened a bit at her reaction, but before I could respond, she settled back down. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to scream, it’s just... no. I like myself the way I am now. I don’t want you to try and ‘fix’ me, Jimmy. I’m not broken. And... well, I actually kind of like it... having a part of you inside me.” She smiled softly then, wistfully. “I can feel you... sometimes... when you’re nearby... in the area. It’s like a little tug... right in the back of my mind, that lets me know you’re there...”

I frowned. “Megan... that’s the point. It’s not... not supposed to be like that. I need to... need to...” I frowned deeper. It was getting harder to complete my thoughts let alone say them out loud. “Wha... what’s wrong with me? I sound... drunk?” I stood up, and nearly toppled over, falling back onto the couch. “Ugh. I feel... drunk too...” I blinked, shaking my head, which only made things worse. I glanced at her face, as the strange placid smile on her lips. “Techna? Wha... did you...?” I tried to ask. Then, the world tilted sharply to the right, and a wave of darkness swept over me...

* * *

Ow. Damn. Okay... this was a bit closer to the welcome I’d expected earlier... though I think maybe the lasers and missiles would have actually been preferable.

Coming to sometime later, I found myself in Techna’s workroom—in her heavily reinforced, perfectly sound-proofed workroom. Groaning softly, I glanced around, frowning at the large HD quality liquid crystal monitor parked directly in front of my face. I attempted to sit up, and found myself strapped down. No, scratch that... chained down. Growling, I struggled harder, only to gasp in exhaustion a few seconds later, my head spinning from the effort. Wait a sec... I know these sensations... ahhh shit! Pressing down with my chin, I could feel the thick heavy plastic and metal collar around my neck. Goddammit! My dad’s power nullifying technology! I can’t believe she took one of his collars!

“Sorry, Jimmy,” Megan replied in a sing-song voice, walking into view, goggles over her eyes, and tool belt strapped over the waist of her sun dress. “I can’t have you getting up and trying to spoil my carefully laid out plan so soon. Just sit back and relax, okay? Don’t worry, I promise everything will be fine in just a few minutes.”

“Techna! Megan... let me up!” I shouted angrily, pulling against the chains again in vain, before collapsing back into the chair. “Dammit! I came here to apologize to you! What is this all about?”

Megan paused in her preparations, and sighed, turning back to face me. “This,” she said, gesturing all around the room, “is all about YOU, Jimmy. About helping you. And me. Us.” She reached over to tap a few buttons on her keyboard, and the monitor in front of me came to life, showing line after line of scrolling computer code. Familiar computer code... Ah. Shit. “You recognize this program, right?” she continued. “Of course you do. You have a photographic memory. Well, Jimmy, this is that computer virus you sent me all those weeks ago, the one that can scramble a person’s brain and turn them into an empty, obedient thrall...” She sighed softly, her eye fluttering, before shaking off her momentary lapse. “The original program was set specifically to affect a woman’s neurology, but I managed to alter it slightly to affect males as well.”

“Okay. Fine. You made your point,” I said struggling slightly again out of reflex. “You’ve beaten me. You proved that you’re smarter than I am. You win. Now...let me out of here and I promise I won’t bother you ever again!”

Megan stared at me for a long moment, shaking her head sadly. “You still think that’s what this is about? Me One-upping you? Proving myself superior? Jimmy... I don’t want to make you go away... just the opposite. I want you to STAY! To stay, here, with me...and become my Master again.”

Ooooookay. Didn’t see that one coming.

I’m admittedly not the brightest bulb on the counter, and the situation was kind of throwing me for a loop... but that last piece of information she’d just dropped helped me put together the rest of the puzzle and finally see the entire picture. Megan was doing all of this to make me want her... turn me into the forceful, dominant controlling person I’d been that very first night when I’d taken her after sending that super villainess and her minions off to turn themselves in to the police. While not a virgin, Megan’s sexual experiences up ’til that point had been extremely limited. My crash course into the world of D/s had not only warped her poor innocent little mind, it had practically shaped her entire sexual identity. Even after everything Aunt Eva had done to restore her psyche to normal, she saw herself as a slave... as my slave.

I’d thought she had given up on her obsession of me, that Eva’s therapy, and restoring her sense of self, would have returned her to ‘normal’. Unfortunately, normal for her was being a submissive. Eva returned her mind back to the way it was before the incident in Portland... but not the way it was before that incident in the court house... when she was still obsessed over me.

Which, unfortunately, also explained her whole hot-and-cold attitude towards me over the past several months. I’d made it clear, more than once, that while I loved being with her that way now and again, I wasn’t looking for a full-time slave. Yet every time I’d called her, or visited, she was always so excited, so hopeful, as if I’d changed my mind. At my trial, she’d acted cold and distant, and obviously hurt that I’d been avoiding her, yet she still came and testified on my behalf, and gave me her support and encouragement when she felt I needed it. The day I’d left for Utah to apologize to Trooper Baker, she’d called, excited again, no doubt hoping I would be coming to see her, only to suddenly go cold and distant when I told her I was going out of town. Finally, today she’d been standoffish until I mentioned I wanted to come over to apologize in person... not only had she invited me to have lunch with her, she’d even dressed up for the occasion!

In her mind, she wasn’t the broken one that needed fixing—I was. It even made a strange sort of logical sense. She was willing to give everything to me, willing to surrender herself, body, mind, and soul... and I was rejecting her, not because I didn’t feel anything for her, but out of (in her mind, at least) a misplaced sense of morality. The fact that I’d done it to her before, usurped her will, and used her liberally as my plaything only confused the issue. And frankly, it was a bit confusing, even to me! But now, thanks to the computer virus I’d given her to study—definitely one of my BETTER ideas there, way to go, Jimmy—she would be able to take away all the confusion and uncertainly, and alter my behavior to whatever she desired. And I knew now precisely what it was she desired.

“Megan,” I began again, “you don’t need to do this. You don’t have to fry my brain in order to get me to be with you. Just... turn the computer off, and unchain me, and we can talk about this, okay?”

She shook her head, whistling softly as she continued checking wires and connections. “Sorry, Jimmy. You’ve had your chance to talk. You’ve had MONTHS to talk. Right now, I finally have you right where I’ve wanted you all this time, and I don’t intend to miss this opportunity.”

I sighed, closing my eyes. “This won’t work. All I have to do is keep my eyes closed. Your little virus can’t affect me if I don’t watch the screen.”

“Oh, believe me, I thought of that as well.” She moved close to me, leaning over my position. With my eyes closed, I couldn’t see exactly what she was doing, but a moment later, I felt something sharp poke me in the side of the neck. “Oww! What the fuck?” I yelped, opening my eyes, glaring at her. “What the hell was that for?”

“Sorry,” she said apologetically, stepping back. “It’s a little something I whipped up. The micro current emitted by that device affects the muscles that control your eyelids. It’ll let you blink normally, but you’ll find it impossible to keep them closed for more than just a few seconds.”

I sighed heavily. She was right; i could feel my facial muscles twitching slightly already. “Megan... listen. I understand how you feel, okay? I know what you’re trying to do here, and why... but you can’t go through with it!”

She turned to face me again, holding a small remote control. “Oh, believe me, Jimmy, I can go through with this. And I will go through with it. I mean... it’s not as if you’ve left me any choice in the matter! I HAVE to do this! It’s the only way... the only way.” She shook her head. “You don’t understand... but you will in just a minute.“

“Hey. I DO understand!” I yelled at her. “I know EXACTLY what you’re feeling... what you want to feel again, alright? But this is the wrong way to go about it!” To my consternation, she laughed at me.

“You understand? What do you understand, Jimmy? Did you suddenly develop psychic powers? Did you miraculously become an empath or something? If so, you’re a better psychic that that Doctor who was ‘treating’ me, because she didn’t seem to have a clue! You sit there and say you know what I feel—“

“BECAUSE I DO!” I growled back at her furiously. She gasped, taking a step back, going silent. One day soon, providing I get out of this latest little mess, I’m going to have to examine why I get that reaction every time I slightly vent my temper. In the meantime, however... “I know what you feel. I know... how seductive it is... the calming, relaxing feeling of simply letting go... of submitting, surrendering, yourself.” I sighed, closing my eyes, only to open them again a second later. “I know what it means to be so bogged down with worries and concerns and responsibilities, and to just want to... escape. To push them all away, and let yourself drift. And I know what it means to be able to do that with a person... one special person, who lets you let go, without fear, without judgment, knowing that while you are, you are safe and secure, and that no one and nothing can hurt you.”

Megan blinked, opening and closing her mouth for a moment. “You... you DO know,” she whispered softly. “But... how?”

“I know,” I replied guardedly, my jaw set. “That’s all you need to know.” I didn’t feel like sharing the fact that in my family tree, mind control and manipulation was an all too common occurrence. I’d had my own share of ‘interesting’ experiences growing up—enough to know and respect BOTH sides of the swinging watch. If I had a choice in the matter, I’d prefer not to be involved at all, but if forced to pick a side, I much preferred to be the one swinging it.

A small part of me wondered if Katie and I had inherited the infamous ‘LaSilvas’s curse’... that the very magic that had made our birth possible was also the reason my sister and I always seemed to find ourselves in these kinds of situations, the way Sarah and her daughters seemed to most of the time.

Of course, it could just as easily be from mom’s family legacy as well, considering how often SHE ended up under someone else’s control.

Glancing up at Megan, hating myself even as I did so, I barked at her sharply. “Megan! Remove this collar and unchain me. Now!”

She blinked, taking another step back, responding instinctively to my tone, before setting her jaw firmly, shaking her head. “No. I won’t. Not until after I’ve changed your mind.”

I smiled at her then, shaking my head. “It won’t work, Megan. You can’t MAKE me into your Master. You can change my attitude, you can make me more forceful, more dominant... but you can’t make me into YOUR Master. If you go through with this, I can guarantee that you’ll lose me forever.”

Her finger, hovering over the button, paused, and she stared at me in shock. “What? No! You can’t... you’re.. trying to trick me! I’ve set up the program to make you want me as your slave! Doing this is the only way to make that happen!”

“Perhaps it would,” I said carefully, again, hating myself for doing this to her, “but you’re forgetting one very important thing. And that, Megan, is the very issue. Forgetting. As in, did you forget that I have perfect recall? If you do this, then I’ll know you did it, that you changed me this way. I will remember everything up to this point in time, up until the point when the subliminals blank my mind. And even if you use that opportunity to try and erase my memory, or implant false memories, my perfect recall still screws you over. Whatever new memories you give me won’t match what my brain already knows. I will know time is missing, will realize that my new outlook is false, and that you are the one responsible.” Which, by the way, was complete bullshit. In a deep enough trance, she could tell me I was Godzilla, and I’d be out there stomping on buildings, breathing fire, and looking around for Mothra to battle.

It was a bluff, pure and simple. A good, sound, logical bluff, to be sure, but still purest fantasy. Still, it was good enough to place a seed of doubt, and crack her shell of utter confidence. Now it was time to slip in the knife.

“And, once I realized that you had done this,” I continued mercilessly, “that you had DARED to usurp your own Master’s control ,and tamper with his mind... well, with my new dominant outlook, I would no doubt want to punish you for it. And I don’t mean a spanking on your tight hot little ass either. I would send you away... banish you... refuse to let you serve me ever again.” I sighed softly, hearing her gasp, and avoided looking at her face. “With my new outlook. however, I’d most likely find another girl to enslave, perhaps one who better understood her place as a slave...”

“But... but...” Megan said, shaking her head, tears starting to run down her cheeks. “I have to... it’s the only way... but... you wouldn’t really... send me away? Would you?”

“in a heartbeat,” I confirmed, withering away inside. Some apology this was turning out to be. Instead of making her feel better, I was breaking her heart, and stomping on the individual shattered pieces. But... it was the only way out of this mess. “Now. If you want any chance at all of maintaining a relationship with me, turn off the monitor... now, slave,” I added, as a hastily thought up plan to salvage things quickly formed. Megan squeaked, shocked by this sudden change. She stared at me for a moment, as if unsure, and twisting the dagger into my own heart, I barked at her again. “I SAID TURN OFF THIS FUCKING MONITOR NOW, YOU WORTHLESS EXCUSE FOR A SLAVE!“

“Y-y-yes, M-m-master!” she stuttered, hands shaking, as she tried unsuccessfully to turn off the screen, before finally simply unplugging it. Panting, she stared at me, completely unsure of what to do. Her carefully laid plans had fallen through, and though she still had the upper hand, as it were, she was unsure of what to do. Which left her vulnerable. And, true to form, in a situation she wasn’t sure how to deal with, she was responding instinctively, and submissively, to my demands. She was off balance, and I had to keep her that way.

“Now then, slave,” I said, calmly, acting as if I were in complete control of the situation, despite being chained up and completely powerless. “This is what is going to happen. You want to submit to me. You’ve made that clear. In fact, you’ve gone above and beyond to make that point clear.” I smirked at her, showing a bit a humor despite my tone. “As it so happens, I am not opposed to the idea... as long as it’s on MY terms. You seem to be quite SURE that this is what you want as well. I have no problem accepting you as my slave... giving you the dominance you desire... but we’re doing this my way.” I paused for a second. “Megan-Slave... STRIP! NOW!”