The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows V: Shadowed Past, Brighter Future

by J. Darksong

4.)

Jessica was seriously freaked.

She was, all things considered, a pretty level headed girl, not prone to overreacting. Or, not more than any normal person, anyway. And having known the Frasier family from an early age, knowing about their lives as costumed heroes and heroines, she was fairly used to the odd super villain attack and dastardly plot to take over the city. It was all par for the course. She’d even recently experienced the phenomenon herself, being kidnapped and brainwashed by a madwoman who had a serious beef with Katie’s mom, which, again, she took in stride as merely the cost of having a super heroine for a girlfriend.

And yet, seeing Katie and Mrs. Albinn abducted by a squad of ninja and loaded into an unmarked white van the middle of a public street, had her really freaked out.

“Katie! KATIE!” Jess yelled watching the van peel out down the street. She took a few steps after them only to stumble to a halt. There was no way she was catching them on foot. Quickly, she took out her cell and dialed Katie’s mom. “Hi. This is Lacie. I’m sorry I’m not here right now, but if you leave me a message, I’ll get back to you as soon as possible! Beep!”

Dammit! I don’t have time for this! “Hello! Mrs. Frasier! It’s Jess. Something’s happened! Katie and I, we were coming out of Lorenzo’s, where we had dinner? And I forgot my purse, and had to go back in and—you know what? Not important! Katie and Mrs. Albinn were kidnapped... by ninjas, I think. They were dressed up like ninjas, anyway. I tried to go after them but they drove off in a white van, and I didn’t get the license plate, and I don’t know what to do, and... and... I’m really freaking scared! Please call me back!!“

Hanging up, she sat down hard on the sidewalk, trying to remember to breathe. C’mon, Jess... keep it together. It’s gonna be okay. She’s a super hero... hell, both she and Mrs. Albinn are. It’s gonna to be okay. And anyway, Mrs. Frasier can see what’s going on halfway across the world. She probably already knows what happened to Katie, and hasn’t answered because she’s fighting off the nin-jerks right now! She sighed softly, taking comfort in the thought. Yeah. That’s probably what’s happening. I don’t need to worry. It’s probably all over right now...

She managed to hold onto that train of thought for two whole minutes before she had her cell phone back out again. Calling Katie’s dad proved fruitless as well, however, with the elder Frasier probably out with his wife, wherever she was. A call to Mrs. Albinn’s husband Parker also went unanswered, as well as one to Eva Snow. It was just her luck to be in this situation with no one to turn to. She briefly considered calling the police, but dismissed that notion almost immediately.

What would I say, anyway? ‘Officer, officer, my girlfriend, who is actually Luminaire, the Light of Justice, was just kidnapped by a gang of ninjas. I’m really worried about, and her Aunt, who is ALSO a ninja and a super hero too. You have to help me find them!’ Yeah, right. They’d probably lock me up for being off my rocker. No... looks like I’m on my own here. It’s up to me. Taking a deep breath, she rose to her feet and sprinted over to her car, wheeling out of the parking lot, and heading back towards the residential area.

* * *

Awareness returned in waves, coming in and out, like an ocean tide.

I groaned softly, opening my eyes, trying to sit up. My head hurt, and my mouth felt dry. I tried to push up off my hands, to roll over onto my side... but my muscles refused to respond. Any of them. For a moment, a surge of panic sprung up within me, panic and fear at being paralyzed, unable to move—

And then, a brief moment of pain, a pin prick in the back of my neck, and the panic building up inside me dissipated, bursting like a bubble on the head of that pin. A strange unnatural calmness swept over me like a warm blanket. I was still pretty sure I was in trouble, but it was hard to be overly concerned. I obviously wasn’t paralyzed if I could feel a pin prick. Not being able to move wasn’t really that much of an issue—I’d been tied and bound plenty of times, by enemies as well as friends, and it usually turned out all right in the end.

“So, my dear, I see you are awake now.” a raspy female voice spoke from behind and above me. Another slight pin poke somewhere along my back, followed by a caress, told me that I was naked. Again, I found myself unable to be upset about that. I was naked. It was just a simple fact of life, like the sky being blue, or water being wet. Katie was naked. Interesting, but nothing to write home about. Yet another prick, and it failed even to be interesting anymore.

“You have a very interesting chi flow,” the raspy voice commented lightly, moving behind me, caressing my thighs, my calves, even stroking the bottoms of my feet. I winced, inwardly—I was really ticklish there, and not being able to even wiggle a toe made her touch seem even more potent. “Yes, yes, very interesting,” she said again, moving back up my body. “I have worked on numerous young women such as yourself, and I have never encountered such a powerful aura such as yours.” She chuckled ruefully. “I’ve given you fifty seven pins thus far. Rarely have I needed to go above thirty to subdue and subvert a subject’s will. You are a most remarkable woman.”

“Gee... I’m flattered,” I managed to croak out. I tried to turn over, to bend my head to at least face my tormentor, but my body may as well have been covered in cement. I was completely helpless.

“Ah, as you should be,” the woman replied, serenely, either mistaking my sarcasm as sincerity, or not caring either way. “You will be a welcome addition to the Clan. Your strength and skill will serve us well.”

“But... I’m not a racist,” I protested feebly as yet another pin entered my flesh. My vision blurred momentarily, and when I opened my mouth next, I found myself unable to speak.

“That is better. Silence is golden, little one,” the woman chided me, slipping another pin, and another into my unresisting body. My vision wavered again, and this time my hearing went with it. When they both returned, the woman’s voice seemed to have picked up an ethereal, otherworldly quality, like a siren’s song. “Now... sit up.”

Amazingly, my presumed paralyzed body obeyed instantly, and I sat up, staring straight ahead at the small table set up before me. In the center, right at eye level, was a single lit candle. My eyes, normally unaffected by bright lights at all, seemed drawn to the gently dancing plume of fire like a magnet, which seemed to move in a strange slow motion, leaking weird psychedelic afterimages in its tracks. My mouth slipped open, as I stared, pulled in like a moth to the flame, which seemed to be burning every half-formed thought in my head for sustenance...

“Good. Very good. It is good to stay silent and just listen, child,” she said in that strange yet compelling voice of hers. “When you listen, you learn all sorts of interesting new things. Important things. True things. Things that are impossible to ignore.”

Well, of course. That made sense. It was too hard to think right now anyway. It was easier just to listen. Much easier. And, who knows, I might learn something in the process. It was always good to learn new things.

“You serve the will of the Clan.”

The Clan? There was something... wasn’t I supposed to... there was something... wrong about that? Wasn’t there?

“The Clan is all that is important.”

Oh. Well, then, never mind. Whatever it was, wasn’t really that important then. The Clan was all that was important. It’s just… something felt… strange. Was I… missing something—

“You exist to serve the needs of the Clan.”

Ahhh. Purpose. That’s what I was missing! Purpose. A reason. That made sense. If the Clan was all that really mattered, then serving it’s needs was obviously my purpose in life. Duh. That made sense.

“I speak for the Clan. Listening to my words, and obeying them, serves the Clan.”

Oh yes! I could definitely do that. Sit and listen? I was doing that already. I hadn’t been told to do anything else, yet... so I was technically obeying the last thing I had been told. I was fulfilling my purpose... for the moment. But, now, I wanted to do more. I needed to serve the Clan to fulfill my purpose, right? So, I needed the woman to give me a command to obey. I needed to obey. It was my Purpose!

“Serving the Clan’s needs makes you feel good.”

A smile creased my life. I couldn’t help it. Right here, right now, sitting here, listening to the woman... no... the teacher, imparting her wisdom to me, was serving the Clan. I was doing what I was supposed to, learning new truths, new important, interesting things. Even though I wanted to do more, I was obeying, and... mmmm... obeying felt good. Really good.

“Nothing is more important that serving the needs of the Clan.”

My smile faded somewhat. The Clan needed me. Needed my obedience. Needed my service. I needed to focus and pay attention to my Teacher, and learn so I could serve. But... oooohhh, mmmmm... gaaawwdeesss... focusing on obedience makes me feel good... makes me feel hot, wet, aroused... which makes it hard to focus and listen... making me try harder... which only makes me feel better... uuuuhhnnn... like a chain... loop... something...

“You would do anything for the Clan,” my Teacher continued, heedless of my inner struggle. “You would lie, steal... even KILL... for the Clan!”

I blinked, and blinked again. Something... there was... something... kill? Kill for the Clan? But... killing... was... bad? I shuddered slightly. Wrong? I mean... anything for the Clan, the Clan was ALL THAT MATTERED... but... killing? I shuddered again, blinking rapidly, my eyes beginning to tear. I... I couldn’t... couldn’t...

“Ah, so, there is resistance left in you after all,” the Teacher said disapprovingly. My eyes, still dazzled and drawn into the dancing flame, caught movement at my side, and at the edge of my peripheral vision, I saw Her step up beside me. “I see you require one more tiny little push... to complete your subversion. One last pin. One special pin,” she added, sliding the thin sharp barb into a spot behind my left ear. Simultaneously, her free hand slid deftly between my legs, finding my wetness, my hard needy clit, a single tender touch—

And my entire world twisted, compacted, and exploded in a white hall ball of blinding searing light.

* * *

Jess cursed loudly, slamming on the brakes as she pulled her car to a stop, noticing the lack of lights on in the Frasier house. Not bothering to shut off her car, she sprinted up to the front door, bending down to retrieve the spare key from the potted plant just to the side, and let herself in.

And ran smack into Jimmy Frasier.

“Hey! Watch it! Slow down there, Jess,” he said, catching her before she hit the ground. “What are you doing here? I thought you and my sister were having a ‘night on the town’?”

Jessica snarled, jerking out of his grasp. Even after all these years she still disliked the boy very much. “Back off, Dark One. I’m in a fucking hurry! Are your parents here? Tell me they’re here, down in the basement training area or something, and didn’t hear their cell ringing!”

“Um, no, they’re not here,” Jimmy said slowly, scowling. “They’re both on patrol tonight. It’s Friday, after all... the night of the week when criminals seem more apt to try something.” He crossed his arms at his chest. “Maybe there’s something I can help you with?”

Jess grunted, rolling her eyes even as she considered. Shit. I actually forgot about him. I could have saved half an hour if I’d thought to call HIS cell phone after calling everyone else. He might be an obnoxious, loud-mouth know-it-all, but he’s also a Super. If anyone can take on a whole team of ninjas singlehandedly, it’s him...

“Okay. Yeah. Not my first choice, but you’ll do. C’mon,” she said, grabbing his arm, heading back for the front door. “We’ve gotta go now. Katie’s been kidnapped!” She pulled, then yelped, nearly jerked off her feet as her erstwhile companion suddenly stopped.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?” Jimmy yelled, glaring at her in shock. “My sister was kidnapped, and you’re just NOW mentioning it? What happened? Who took her?”

“Dammit, we don’t have time for this shit, okay? We have to get going! Every second we waste is another second those fucking ninjas could be torturing her and Mrs. Albinn, or worse—”

“Ninja?” Jimmy asked, incredulously. “You’re telling me both Katie and Aunt Roni were kidnapped by a squad of ninja?” He shook his head. “Okay. Wait. Back up, and explain this to me from the beginning. Where did this all happen?“

“Fuck!” Jess yelled, wrenching her hand from his grip. “We don’t have time for this shit now! We can talk about the who’s and what’s when we’re on the fucking road! Now, are you coming with me to save your sister or not?”

Jimmy glared at her silently for a moment, then changed, his body going pitch black, causing Jessica to take several steps back. “I do intend to find and rescue my sister and Aunt Roni,” he said calmly. “What we don’t need right now is to go running off half-cocked, without a plan, or an idea of where we’re going or who we’re up against. I need information, and you, Jessica, need to give it to me. So... you can either take a deep breath, calm down, lose the FUCKING attitude and tell me, plainly, what happened tonight.” He gestured with a hand, forming a wiggling black tendril of shadow to form. “Or, you can fight me on this, and I can shadow strike you, and take the information directly from your brain.” He gestured again, and the inky blackness withdrew, drawing back up inside him once more. “Your choice, Jess, but I’d pick option one if I were you.“

Swallowing the knot that had settled into the back of her throat, Jessica nodded. “Okay. Fine,” she grumbled, walking back over to the couch and dropping down. “We’ll do it your way. For now. But if anything happens to Katie... super powers or not, I’ll kick your ass!”

Jimmy sighed softly. “If anything happens to Katie, I’ll kick my own ass, and you can have what’s left. Now, tell me what happened, and start from the beginning...”

* * *

Veronica groaned softly, head rolling over to the side. Then came suddenly awake when she found herself stripped naked, unable to move. Resisting the urge to panic and struggle, she instead went limp, pretending to still be asleep, in case she was being watched. Shit. This looks bad. Better to bide my time and wait, she thought dimly, listen and see if my captors let slip any details I could use against them when the time is right. A good plan, assuming her captors believed her to still be unconscious. Unfortunately, her captor’s senses were just as sharp as her own, and easily detected the deception.

“Nice try, traitor,” Sakura said, standing up from her seat, approaching the bed. “Pretending to be asleep and hiding under the covers, praying the boogeyman will pass you by... that won’t work this time. I know you’re awake.” Roni let out a soft sigh and lifted her head.

“Fine. I prefer the direct approach anyway.” She struggled lightly in her bonds, more for effect that in any real attempt to escape. “Nice job with the bondage. Not too shabby. My husband actually does a better job, during our play time... but you’re not bad.”

Sakura laughed. “Interesting tact. Trying to provoke a reaction from me? Testing me with your verbal jibes? And I thought you said you prefer the ‘direct’ approach.” She shook her head, walking over to the side of the bed, squatting down, giving Roni a clear view of her abductor. “You obviously have questions. Feel free to ask them. I’m currently in a generous mood, so I’ll even answer you truthfully.”

“Okay. Let’s start with who you are. From your face, your language, garb and the ornate surroundings you have me tied up in, I can hazard a guess and say you’re from the ninkyo dantai. You’ve called my ‘traitor’ twice now, so I can only assume you’re also a member of the Aizukotetsu-kai Clan as well. Further, you seem to be taking a personal satisfaction at seeing me this way, beyond that of someone simply fulfilling a contract. You’re too young to have been a member of the Clan during my... defection,” she said with an obvious edge, “yet this all seems very personal for you.“

“Personal?” Sakura said blithely, shrugging. “Just because I’ve named you the traitor that you are?”

“Not just because of that,” Roni countered, shaking her left wrist briefly. “It’s one more link in the chain. Your barely disguised hatred for me... and yes, don’t try and deny it, you hate me. I’m not much of a psychic, but I DO pick up things. Also, the fact that I’m here, now, having this nice little chat with you? If you were just another hired assassin, if you’d just wanted to kill me, you’ve had plenty of chances—no need to go to such an elaborate plot just to get me alone. So... who are you, and what do you want from me?“

Sakura sighed softly, chagrined. Taunting her captive was turning out to be less fun that she’d anticipated. For a woman captured and caught off guard, stripped of her clothing and her dignity, facing an unknown fate from an unknown enemy, she’s acting remarkably calm, cool and collected. I’d hoped to make her beg, to plead for her life—not that I intended to show her the slightest bit of mercy, but what fun is it to torture someone who doesn’t even cry out? Still, she’d set the rules of this little game, so she might as well follow through.

“My name is Murase Sakura. And yes, as you surmised, I am a member of the Aizukotetsu-kai.” She smiled evilly, baring her teeth. “I guess you could say that I’m your replacement; after you left, I was trained as a ninja, and rose up the ranks to become the clan’s top assassin.” She walked over to the closet and opened a drawer, removing a sheathed blade. She tossed it to the floor before Veronica. “Do you recognize this blade, traitor? Does it look familiar to you?”

Roni shrugged. “I don’t know. I can’t really tell from here. Maybe if you took off the shackles and let me hold it, I could tell you.”

Sakura laughed. “Yes, well, as tempting an idea as that may be,” she quipped, “perhaps you’ll remember if I pull it from its sheath.” Suiting action to words, she drew the blade. Roni’s eyes widened in shock, her breath catching, as she noticed the scored and pitted blood soaked blade, the nicks and notches gouged all along the side, and the telltale break where the tip had been sheared off. She did indeed know that sword very well. It was the one she’d used, decades ago, to attack and kill her wardens, the women sent to guard and keep her, as well as the other ninkyo dantai standing between her and freedom, when she made her great escape. She knew that worn, cracked, shattered length of steel very well, better than the back of her own hand.

It was the sword she’d carried, back when her name was Misaki Reiko.

“Where did you get that blade?” Roni growled, pulling against her bindings. Sakura’s smile grew wider. She’d finally succeeded in getting a reaction from her foe.

“It’s a family heirloom,” Sakura said simply, sliding it back in its sheath. “A gift from my grandmother. And I intend to use it to take your life... when the time comes.” She waved a hand dismissively. “But that can wait for later. For now... consider yourself my guest. A condemned person should be treated well before his or her death. I believe in this country, even condemned criminals are given a last meal and a confessor priest before their sentence is carried out. The least i can do is offer you my hospitality.” Walking to the wall, she pulled a switch, releasing the electronic restraints holding Roni in place. “Dinner will be within the hour. I believe we abducted you before you had the chance to eat, so it’s only fitting.”

Roni sat up, rubbing her wrists. “So, just like that? You claim to know all about me, and you’re leaving me in here, alone, unrestrained? What’s to keep me from breaking out and escaping?”

“Nothing,” Sakura said with a shrug, walking to the exit. “Nothing at all... well, aside from that young girl you were captured with. We have her tightly under wraps. Feel free to leave, if you can... just know that she will pay the price if you do.”

Roni sighed softly, the fight leaving her. She’d half expected such a ploy, but to hear it put so bluntly, left little doubt that she meant what she said. Sakura meant to kill her, and if she escaped, Katie Frasier would be taking her place on the chopping block. She couldn’t leave without the younger heroine. For now, it seemed, she would have to play the young assassin’s game, and bide her time, hoping for the chance to somehow turn the tables on her.

In the meantime, Roni thought, searching through the closet for some clothes to put on, she is offering me dinner, and I’m starving. You can’t fight a war on an empty stomach. Finding a robe in her size, Veronica began to dress from dinner...