The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows X: Eclipsed

by J. Darksong & Gbrn32e

* * *

Ch. 4) The Coming Night

“We’ve arrived, my Goddess.”

Venus Satore glanced up from her seat at the large cordoned off high rise building before her. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she recognized the location: Grimalde Towers. “Really? You’re sure this is where the threat you sensed is hiding? This place looks like a dump. There are cranes and bulldozers and all sorts of construction equipment parked all over the place as well. What happened here anyway—did a bomb go off or something?”

“Um, yes, actually,” Regina replied, moving around to the other side of the car to open Satore’s door. “From what I recall, that Duncan Frasier character planted a bunch of bombs throughout the entire city. River City’s hero population managed to find and defuse most of them, but a few still went off. One of them was here at these Towers.”

“Good,” Venus replied tightly. “I can’t think of a more appropriate target.” Sighing softly, she glanced around. “So... now what? The one we’re seeking is at the top of this tower. Is it even safe to enter this place, if a bomb blast nearly blew it down?”

“It is safe, my Goddess,” a female voice sounded, approaching from the entrance of the building. Regina and Venus glanced up, going on alert as Chloe and Sgt. Matthews approached them. “We’ve checked out the layout and secured the area. It’s a bit of a mess inside, but it’s safe enough to enter.”

“She’s right,” Matthews replied. “At last report, the work being done on Grimalde Towers was all but completed. She took a hell of a blast a few months ago, but she was structurally sound. They removed the damaged areas, and reinforced the framework, making it stronger and sturdier than it was before. They’ve even got power and running water back on.”

“Yes,” Venus replied in a bored tone. “Thank you for the history lesson and background information, Sergeant. All I cared about is whether the building will come crashing down around us when we step inside.”

“He’s right, though,” Regina replied, in a slightly strained voice. “I’m getting nothing from the building itself. The only threat I can sense in the area is entirely... human.”

Venus nodded softly, sighing. “Very well then. Let’s get this over with. The sooner I deal with this young upstart face to face, the sooner I can return to spreading my influence and building up my power base. Let’s move.” With that, the group headed swiftly into the building.

* * *

Tawnya groaned softly, holding her stomach slightly. “Ughhn… man… I will NEVER get used to that,” she murmured softly. She glanced at the young Nornir that had accompanied her. “I have instantaneous healing, I’m immune to pretty much any poison or sickness there is, and I regularly fly through the air at speeds faster than most fixed winged aircraft. So… how the heck do I get motion sick from teleporting?”

“Forgive me, young one,” Nadira replied with a laugh, “but being divine is not the same as omniscient. There is much that I do not know. I would simply hazard to say, ‘you’ll get used to it’.”

Tawnya rolled her eyes. ”And I’m never going to get used to being called ‘young one’ by a girl three times my age that looks like she belongs in Kindergarten...”

“Hello? Who’s out there?”

Both girls glanced up as the person they’d sought emerged from her bedroom, a bathrobe cinched tightly around her waist, a small towel wrapped turban style around her wet hair. Devon McKinley blinked in surprise at her visitors, eyes narrowing in confusion. “T-tawnya? Um, hi… nice to see you again. What are you doing here? I... heard you were out of the country.”

“Yeah,” Tawnya said sheepishly, rubbing the side of her head. “I was. Sorry to catch you just coming out of the bath. This was… er, kind of an unscheduled visit.”

Glancing at the smaller of the two visitors, Devon blinked again, taking a step back. Huh? That face… she seems familiar… from the dreams. But… no. Can’t be. Must be a coincidence. “Um, hello. Sorry, I didn’t see you there,” she said after a moment forcing a smile onto her face. “Tawnya, who’s your little friend?”

Before she could speak, Nadira held up a hand forestalling her reply. “Now, now, Sister. Surely you know who I am,” she chided her. “I know this is all a bit confusing to you, but surely my face, and my voice, they are familiar to you, yes?” Devon blinked, her mouth dropping agape. “Think, sweet one. You know my name. I can see it in your mind’s eye even now. Simply say the name you are thinking now. It is on the tip of your tongue.”

Devon nodded blankly. “N… Nadira,” she said, the word barely a whisper, before blinking rapidly. “Wait. What? Where did that come from?” She glanced at Tawnya. “What’s going on here, T? I’m getting a little weirded out here. I’m pretty sure I’ve never met this girl before in my life. Heck, I’ve never heard anyone her age that speaks like her either! What is happening here?”

“Miss Parkinson will explain it all in just a moment,” Nadira replied primly, sounding very much like a woman many years older than she appeared. “But before that, I have one very important question for you, Devon McKinley.”

Devon blinked. “Um... okay. Shoot.”

The prim and proper persona was shed instantly, and she looked up at the ‘older’ girl beseechingly. “Do... do you have any ice cream you could share? Please?”

Caught off guard by the sudden change, Devon laughed. “Okay, okay... sure. Just a second,” she said, stepping into the kitchen, returning a moment later with a small pint of Ben and Jerry’s, and a spoon. “Here you go. Knock yourself out,” she replied with a grin as the ‘young’ girl dove into it with enthusiasm.

Great. She got her ice cream. Now that we have THAT settled, we can move onto the REAL reason we’re here... Tawnya sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of her nose. “Okay... not sure how best to explain this, or even if you’ll believe me… but here goes. Remember how I reacted when we first met in Texas, when we were trying to find Jimmy?” Devon nodded warily. “I’d mistaken you for the goddess that had given my predecessor Brunhilda her powers, then had tormented her, driving her and her sisters to kill themselves?” Nadira, standing next to her, winced visibly at her words, but Tawnya pushed on. “I was utterly convinced you were Skuld, either the goddess herself or some kind of reincarnation of her.”

Devon nodded, remembering the incident only too well. “And in the end, we both agreed it was just a coincidence… that I merely looked like this goddess you remembered.”

But Tawnya shook her head. “Not exactly. YOU may have believed that, but I never really accepted that it was just a coincidence. Do you remember what happened at the end, when I stormed the fortress and fought Serpentina? How I was struggling with myself not to kill her? And then you appeared and talked me down?” She smiled softly at that. “Thanks by the way. You kept me from making the worst mistake of my life. Still, my point is… at the end, I could swear it was the Goddess Herself that stopped me. It wasn’t just a vision or some mirage—it was real. Skuld spoke to me through you.”

Devon shuddered inwardly. She vaguely recalled the incident herself. She’d felt a strange ache in her heart, and a fear that something bad was about to happen to Tawnya. When she’d broke away from Rose and the others and ran into the compound, she hadn’t even thought about it, or questioned it. She’d simply acted, knowing that she needed to reach her in time, to STOP her from killing that bitch Serpentina, something she herself would have gladly done in her place.

Now that I take the time to think about it… why DID I go in there? I knew somehow what was going to happen… but it wasn’t a vision or anything. I didn’t SEE it happen, I just FELT it… KNEW it was happening. So… what does this mean? Is it true? All these weird dreams… these weird things that have happened. Can it… really be true? Me? An immortal goddess from Norse mythology?

“It is true, Sister,” Nadira said gently, stepping forward, taking Devon’s hand. “I know it is much to take in. I know it is difficult to accept. But it is the truth. And deep in your heart you know it to be true.”

“But… it CAN’T be possible!” Devon protested weakly. “I mean… okay, I get that this is a strange world we live in, all right? People with super powers, people that can shoot lasers from their eyes, people that can grow wings and fly through the air,” she nodding at Tawnya, “but c’mon! Gods and goddesses from ancient history? You’re telling me Thor and Odin and all of those guys are real?”

“Thor and Odin? No,” Tawnya replied with a shake of her head. “They’re mythology… stories. But the others, yes, They are real.”

“Actually,” Nadira piped up, causing them both to turn and face her, “Odin and Thor, and Freyja and the others do exist as well. The Aesir are lesser gods, from a realm lower than ours, but yes, they are just as real as you or I.” Tawnya and Devon stood there momentarily stunned, not sure if the diminutive girl was serious or not. “Mmmm... this is sooo good,” she moaned, shoveling another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

“Um... okay. At any rate,” Tawnya replied, continuing on, “we are here because we need your help. Or rather, Skuld’s help.” She shrugged. “As far as I can figure it, by going back to your home, to Yggdrasil, you will be able to reclaim you memories from your life as a Goddess, as well as all the other lives you’ve lived in the meantime… kind of like my Tear memories. If you do that, you’ll be able to use your true Goddess powers to the fullest… which is a good thing, since it kind of seems like the world might be ending in a few hours without them.”

“Wait… what?!?” Devon squeaked. “The world ENDING?!? You mean… that thing with Katie in River City?” The others nodded grimly. “I… I had a vision of something like that… of Katie screaming in pain and anger and fury… a massive explosion… and then nothing. The end of everything…” she shook her head. “I told Jimmy about it, and he left, heading back home.” She sighed. “But you’re saying… that he won’t be enough to stop her? That you need MY help to stop her as well?”

“Not precisely,” Nadira replied, again impressing the others with her adult manner and way of speaking. “What is happening in River City is none of our concern. Events must play out as they will. Whether the man you care for will be able to stop his sister or not remains to be seen. However, regardless, the damage to the Great Weave is what we must address. Even if young James and Sioban manage to stop Katherine from attempting to bring back her dead lover, the damage done is already enough to cause a massive tear in the Great Weave, resulting in the walls of reality to breaking down. Only the three Nornir Sisters can maintain the damaged Weave’s integrity while we lesser sisters attempt to repair the damage. And with Big Sister Lacie currently without her powers, so far Grandmother Vurdra is having to hold everything together all on her own.”

Tawnya gasped aloud. Despite recent events, and everything she’d seen, she hadn’t realized things were as dire as the ‘youngster’ had just portrayed. “Well, then, by all means, let’s get this show on the road! Nadira, can you drop me back off in River City on the way? I need to rejoin my partner and help her with—“

“No, little one,” Nadira replied solemnly. “I stated earlier that the events happening in River City were not our concern, meaning all three of us. Besides, your aid will be required back Home as well.” She sighed heavily, and, Tawnya thought, wearily, as if she were nearing exhaustion herself. “I, of course, will not stop you if you wish to leave here and fly back to your home. It is your choice. And unless Skuld herself were to command differently,” she glanced meaningfully at Devon, “you are fully within your rights to go. However, I would humbly ask that you use your power and strength to aid us where it can best be of use.”

Tawnya bit her lip, considering. A strong part of her ached to go after Sioban, to help her partner and mentor. Worse, she wanted to help Katie, who meant the world to her. But, well, I guess Nadira’s right. I should go where I can do the most good. And even If Jimmy and Bonnie manage to stop her, it doesn’t do any good if the world still falls apart around our ears. Nodding to herself, she agreed.

“Okay, I’m in.” she said after a moment, then turned to Devon. “So, now, it’s up to you, Dev. Are you gonna come with us? We really need you. And if nothing else, you’ll get the answers to some of those questions you’ve had all this time about your powers.”

Devon sighed deeply, nodded. “Yeah. I’m in as well. Let’s go. I won’t lie… I’m scared as hell about what I’m about to find out. But… I have to know. I found out that I can kill a person just by touching them. Having that kind of power…” She shuddered. “I have to understand this… learn to control it better. Otherwise, I think I just my go insane.”

Nadira nodded, grinning like the six year old girl she appeared to be. “Okay then, Let us be off,” she said, extended her arms, enveloping them all in a glowing white light…

* * *

Venus and her three companions made their way carefully through the empty lobby of the building, alert for the first sign of possible trouble. Rather than ask the obvious, Venus kept her eyes on her newest acolyte and bodyguard. The female policeman looked stressed, and on alert, but not overly concerned at the moment. Of course, Discharge had mentioned, casually, as they entered, that she and Matthews has dispatched the sentries guarding the building in preparation for her arrival.

“Good work with that,” Venus replied dryly, eyes narrowed. “But tell me again—how did you two manage to get to this location, anyway? Rosella reported that you had both been defeated and tossed into jail. How did you manage to escape?”

The two glanced at each other, and Henry spoke. “It wasn’t that hard, actually, my Goddess,” he admitted. “There’s something going on in this city... the entire place is on lockdown, aside from law enforcement and the regular roster of Supers on patrol. We were locked in a cell with just a regular skeleton crew to guard us. And, well, as you already know, electronic locks and surveillance aren’t a problem for Discharge.”

Chloe simply nodded. “Once we were free, we reconnected with Rosella. She told us that you were now in town, and heading this way, so we decided to clear the way for you.” She shook her head ruefully, staring at the floor. “It was the least we could do after failing you earlier, Goddess.” She sighed. “On a good note, a few of the guards we took down would prove to be useful converts for you, my Goddess. They are upstairs, tied and bound, awaiting you as we speak.”

“Upstairs, hmm?” Venus answered back, glancing around, finding the building’s main elevator. “What about this? You said the building has power now. Do the elevators work? I’d prefer NOT having to climb up fifty flights of stairs just to reach the target, but I’d also prefer NOT to take a fifty story dive from inside a giant metal coffin!”

“Yes, Goddess,” Lockdown replied, walking over to the elevator console. “The elevators are completely safe. We used them earlier when we cleared the building. And don’t let the way this place looks fool you. All the maintenance work has been completed. Everything you see here is purely cosmetic. A week, two at the most, and this place will be back open and running and full capacity again.”

Venus glanced at Regina, who nodded in agreement. “All right. That’s good to know.” Moving quickly, faster than anyone could react, she lashed out with a brutal punch, catching the retired sharpshooter flatfooted, the blow to the chin knocking him off his feet. Groaning, he slammed into the wall and slid down, unconscious. At the same time, Regina struck, attacking Discharge from behind, stabbing her in the side of the neck with a specially prepared hypodermic needle. The blonde heroine gasped in surprise, whirling around in shock at the unexpected betrayal.

“G-goddess?” she managed weakly, sliding down to her knees as the serum began to take effect. “Wh... why?”

“Because I do not have ‘Idiot’ stamped on my forehead,” she replied regally, walking over to kneel down in front of Henry. Checking his pulse, she nodded, satisfied that he was merely out cold. “And I didn’t need Regina’s powers to sense the threat you two represented. I could tell from the very beginning that you’d both been turned... that my bond with both of you had been severed.” She glanced over, smiling wickedly, as the young blonde struggled in vain to get back to her feet. “Whoever turned you both did a masterful job, by the way,” she commented idly, standing back up. “The way you talked and acted, even the way you felt to me... anyone else would have been fooled. But I’ve felt that bond break before, long ago, and again just recently from Portland, so I know exactly what it feels like when my control over someone has been severed.” She sighed softly as Chloe collapsed again, falling facedown onto the floor, passing out cold.

“For what it’s worth,” Venus continued aloud, glancing idly around the room, “I don’t blame any of you that were corrupted. Obviously that little Frasier girl is more powerful and more resourceful than I was lead to believe. Of course,” she murmured, scowling, “considering the problems I’ve been having with EVERYONE with the surname Frasier lately, it’s not really that surprising.” She glanced up suddenly, then smirked. “That said... I do tend to hold my High Priestess up to a slightly higher standard. So, if you plan on betraying me more than you already have, Rosella, the least you could do is show yourself and meet me face to face.”

A soft gasp sounded a few feet away, and Ghost Girl appeared suddenly, canceling out her invisibility. “Goddess,” she said softly, closing her eyes, trying, pleading with the alien voice inside her to say the words she wanted so desperately to speak. After a moment, she merely sighed again. “I never meant to betray you, or hurt you in any way,” she said gently. “You’re right. I am being controlled by someone more powerful than you were told. And... you have no idea how hard I fought it—how hard I’m fighting even now, my Goddess—but I can only play out the role I’ve been given.” Stepping forward, she pushed the elevator call button. “My Mistress Supernova awaits you on the roof,” she said simply as the doors pinged open. “Despite all of this trickery, she is actually looking forward to meeting you. I can promise you, no one will try to stop you or harm you. The way forward is clear.”

“Right. And I’m quite sure I can trust your word on this,” Venus snapped, irritated, then sighed as Rosella visibly wilted. “Sorry. I’m as frustrated by the situation as you are, my flower. And yes, I meant what I said about not blaming you or the others. The person responsible for this is upstairs, right? Very well. After I’m done toying with her, I’ll have her undo her mischief... and she can make it up to you all by spending the rest of her miserable life as your assigned whipping girl.” She nodded to Regina. “Come on. Let’s go meet my new slave-to-be.”

Regina nodded, walking forward, only to pause, frowning, as Ghost Girl interceded, stepping between them. “I’m sorry again, my Goddess,” she said in a flat emotionless voice, “but this confrontation will be one-on-one. You must go alone.” Regina jerked back suddenly, going on the defensive, as Rosella suddenly pulled a photonic pulse gun from her cloak. “But don’t worry. I’ll keep your bodyguard ‘entertained’ while you’re gone.”

Scowling, Venus turned back to complain, but Regina waved her off. “It’s fine, Goddess,” she replied, drawing her own weapon. “She spoke the truth. The only threat left to you is upstairs, on the roof of this building. The elevators, the sentries, the building itself—it’s all clean. I’ll be fine down here. Go, and show this little wench why you are called Goddess Aphrodite.” Smirking at that, emboldened by her acolyte’s faith in her, Venus strode forth into the elevator.

* * *

Jimmy let out the small breath he’d been holding, and let himself relax. Though he rarely if ever dared think the phrase, let alone say it aloud, it seemed that his luck had finally changed. After his encounter with Ghost Girl, he’d decided to take a more stealthy approach to crossing the city. It wasn’t difficult to attract the attention of a lone policeman, searching the area from her squad car. A few tin cans tossed into an empty alleyway prompted her to leave her vehicle to investigate, and a gentle tap to the back of the head sent the young officer off to dreamland for a while.

Driving through the ring of law enforcement searching for him in the officer’s patrol car had made it almost too easy. With her cap on his head and his own dark sunglasses, no one paid him a second look. And once he’d breached the perimeter, once he’d passed 16th Avenue, the number of security force present dropped off to practically zero. In fact, he’d even ditched the car shortly thereafter, as it’s presence beyond the perimeter actually made him stand out more.

And thanks to the wonders of Neuroweave, he though, pulling the collar of his jacket up, a quick switch back to my normal clothes has me blending in with the normal populous even more. Yeah... this will work. The few people walking around aren’t paying me any mind at all. Best of all, I can see Nigel Grimalde’s building from here. I’m only a block or so away.

“Hey, dude,” a man in a purple RCU t-shirt called out as Jimmy passed. “Got a light?” He gestured with a pack of cigarettes in his left hand.

“Sorry,” Jimmy replied, shaking his head. “I don’t smoke.”

“Yeah. Bummer. A lot of folks don’t these days. Everyone’s switching over to those damn ‘Vape’ things. Makes normal smokers like me a dying breed.” He shrugged, and continued on his way.

In more ways than one, Jimmy thought with a sigh. Smoking made him think back to his encounter with Ghost Girl earlier. I suppose I have to give Venus Satore credit for one thing. GG certainly looks a lot younger and healthier now that she used to. As much as she smoked, I was sure she in the prime demographic for lung cancer or emphysema, or something. He shrugged, turning down a short alleyway that cut across to the nearby boulevard. I guess there’s something good to find in even the worst of people if you look hard enough...

A slight sound of metal on metal sounded from behind brought Jimmy back to alertness, and he moved swiftly to the side, deftly avoiding a pair of shuriken that struck into the wall just behind him. Scowling, he turned, his Neuroweave costume activating as he cloaked himself in shadows once again. At the far end of the alleyway stood a familiar figure, her sexily curved body clad in a sparkling metallic silver bodysuit with a black leather utility belt cinched around her waist. Jimmy blinked, doing a double take at the sight, in disbelief.

“Techna?” he called out, frowning, as she grinned, a pair of throwing stars clutched on both hands. “Um... wow. New costume design I see. Looks nice... better than that form hiding version you usually wear. So... let me guess—my sister sent you here to stop me?”

“Yeah, something like that,” she said with a shrug. “She doesn’t want you to make it to the top of Grimalde Towers. I’m supposed to keep you from making it there.”

Huh. The Towers. So I was right. That IS where she’s holed up. Aloud, he said, “You don’t seem particularly gung ho about it. Everyone else I’ve run into so far was a regular zealot... practically fanatical about serving their beloved ‘Mistress Supernova’ and taking me in to be ‘re-educated’. You seem a lot more, well... sane, than everyone else.“

“We’re all sane, Jimmy,” Megan said with a sigh, sliding the shuriken back into her belt pouch, “I’m just a realist. I know I can’t stop you. I’m a techno wizard. I make gadgets. If Shinobi, Ghost Girl, Echo and the Munn Sisters couldn’t slow you down, what chance to I have of stopping you?” She shook her head. “All I can really do is try and talk to you... try to get you to see reason. Your sister... she’s trying to do something good here! Can’t you understand that? She’s trying to make the world a better place for everyone!”

“Megan, she’s made River City ‘safe’ by brainwashing the entire city and taking away their free will!” he pointed out. “And she’s trying to bring the dead back to life, something that I’m pretty sure the Christian God and His Son have the rights to. She is messing with things way beyond her level... and I have it on good authority that if we don’t stop her before its too late, she will end up destroying the whole world in the attempt!”

Megan scowled, fury written across her face. She obviously didn’t appreciate his words, or his sentiment about her Mistress being wrong. “Well, that’s where we’re different,” she spat venomously. “I have faith in your sister, while you think the worst of her, the person you SHOULD be standing beside instead of standing against.” She sighed heavily, shaking her head. “But... it seems your mind is made up.” She moved to the side, gesturing forward. “Go on then. Go forth and destroy what could have been a paradise for everyone. Do what you have to do.”

Jimmy nodded grimly. “Thanks. And for what its worth, I’m sorry. I know... Katie’s heart is in the right place. Its just the way she’s going about it that’s the problem.” Shaking his head, he strode out of the alleyway... only to wince in pain as a giant metal vice gripped him from behind, squeezing him tightly. Struggling, pulling, kicking out, he found himself held tightly, unable to move or gain any traction to push against. Glancing behind him, however, revealed that the unbreakable grip holding him was not a vice, but a very familiar steel skinned woman.

“Sorry, Jimmy,” Robotica said, locking her hands, tightening her grip on the inhumanly strong hero, “but you’re not going anywhere. No one must be allowed to interfere with Mistress Supernova’s plans. Not even you.”

Jimmy, grunting, struggling against the cyborg’s powerful grip, glared at Megan. “You... nnnhh... said you weren’t... going to... try and... stop me!”

Techna’s eyes narrowed wickedly as she stepped forward, grinning. “Yeah, I did say that, didn’t I? But it’s not ME holding you captive, is it? I never said anything about my partner.” Withdrawing a very familiar looking collar from her belt, she reached out to place it around his neck. Eyes wide, Jimmy struggled furiously, shaking his head back and forth, trying to keep her from attaching it, but Robotica’s grip was stronger than steel. With a soft click, the power negating collar closed around his neck, and his struggles faded as his strength and power dropped dramatically.

“There. That’s much better isn’t it?” Megan taunted him, stepping back to admire her handiwork. “This does bring back memories, you know. It’s been a while... but the last time I had you in one of those collars, I was pretty much brain-fried, out of my mind, trying to seduce you into becoming my Master.” She sighed, withdrawing another device from her belt. “Seems like ages ago. And, really, it’s kind of interesting. We’re in the exact same set up, only this time I already HAVE a Master... well, Mistress,” she corrected herself with a soft erotic sigh, “and you, Darklight, are the one about to become a brainwashed slave.” She chuckled softly, holding up her palm mounted device. “Watch closely, Jimmy. It’s time for you to finally see the Light.”