The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows X: Eclipsed

by J. Darksong & Gbrn32e

* * *

Ch.6) My Immortal

“Okay, that’s enough!”

Venus opened her eyes to find herself surrounded by a nimbus of soft yellow light. Instead of falling to what would have likely been a very messy death, she and Parker were floating in midair, held up by the strange glowing force field of light. Hovering above them, hand outstretched, was a young blonde girl, a mere child, really. Her costume was dark, a dusky blue, possibly indigo color, with a bright yellow many pointed star emblazoned on her chest. Her boots and fingerless gloves were a strange off-white color, as if the purity of the white had been tainted slightly. Finally, her mask and cape were a darkened patina, as if a once gleaming silver sheen had been corroded and tarnished.

Most disturbing, however, were her eyes. There was something there... something much older than the age the girl appeared to be. The color seemed to shift and change by the moment, first blue, then gray, then purple, then green. The effect was hypnotically captivating, and Venus found herself having to tear her gaze away.

“All right. You both had your shot at each other. And considering that you both nearly suicided at the end, I’d call this a draw.” With a gesture of her hand, she brought them both back to the roof once more. “Uncle, I hope this satisfies your sense of honor? You finally got the chance to beat the stuffing out of the one responsible for what happened between you and Patty.”

“Hmph... hardly,” the red clad speedster replied grumbling, glancing down at his feet. “She hasn’t suffered nearly enough for my tastes.”

Katie sighed, rolling her eyes. “And you, Ms. Satore? I assume you’ve had your fill of tormenting my Uncle Parker. I heard enough of the conversation between you to know that you have your own axe to grind against him, enough that you were willing to kill yourself to take him out. Satisfied?”

Venus smirked, crossing her arms. “Not even close. Surprising as it is, Albinn and I actually agree on this one thing: This fight is definitely not over!”

“Oh, yes, it is,” Katie replied soundly. “I could have stopped this before it began, but I let this happen because frankly I owed my Uncle the chance for a little payback. I didn’t expect this to end up with two bloody smears on the pavement below, however. So, no... you’re done.” She glanced over at Parker. “Could you please go down to the prison and check on Brainstorm? He was leading the charge in converting the rest of the criminal population into loyal law abiding citizens, but he hasn’t checked in in quite a while.”

Parker sighed deeply. “Very well. I’m nothing if not loyal, after all.” He glanced at Venus and chuckled darkly. “Count yourself lucky. Not sure what my niece has cooked up for you, but it’s nothing compared to what would have happened if I’d had another shot at you.” With that, he walked calmly to the elevator and made his way out of the building.

Venus Satore sighed dramatically, shaking her head. “Hmmm. I take it by the way Albinn slunk off with his tail between his legs that you’re the boss around here, the one that’s brainwashed most of this city into her obedient little puppets?” She nodded appreciatively. “Not bad... for an amateur, I mean. I’m impressed that you were able to break my bond with Rosella, Chloe, and Henry. Not many entities are capable of such a thing. And then, stitching it back up, making it seem as if it had never been broken, as if they were all still loyal to me instead of merely your pawns.” She nodded again. “Impressive for one so young. How old are you, girl? Twelve? Thirteen?”

“I’m nearly twenty-one,” Supernova remarked, scowling back at her. “Yeah, I know, I look young for my age. I hear that you’re older than you look as well. How old are you now, a hundred?” Satore’s scowl now matched her own. “At any rate, that’s neither here nor there. I brought you here to tell you, formally, officially, to get out of my city. I could care less if you want to rebuild your empire and relive the glory days of Ancient Greece. Just do it somewhere else. River City is mine. And I’m not about to let you sink your hooks into it.”

Satore stared at her for a moment fuming. Of all the impertinent... the girl may have had some powers and abilities, true, but she was still only a child. Not a match for a true goddess! Still, she will prove useful once I have tamed that independent streak of hers, Venus mused. After I’m done making her pay for her flippant remarks, and have properly assumed control over her slaves and made them my own, she would prove to be both a useful servant and a fun bed partner. Her youthful appearance and vitality do remind me of young Patricia... it might be fun to break this one as I broke her...

Aloud, she replied, “You seem to have a rather high opinion of yourself, girl. And a rather low opinion of me. I am the Goddess Aphrodite,” she stated, as dark clouds began to form overhead, and a wind began to swirl around her, her hair fluttering violently. “And you, little girl... even if your are a daughter of the accursed Nornir, you are still nothing more than a newborn infant compared to me!”

“Well, considering how old you are, pretty much everyone is a baby compared to you,” Katie quipped, crossing her arms.

“I’m not talking about my age!” Satore spat, momentarily losing her cool, as lightning briefly lit up the night sky. “I’m talking about power, and skill.” Taking a deep breath, she sighed softly, composing herself. “Don’t be fooled by the confrontation with Parker Albinn a moment ago. I wanted his suffering to be long and drawn out. Had I wished it, I could have crushed his mind and will in an instant!” She raised a hand, and a bolt of lightning struck down, hitting the lightning rod attached to the building, narrowing missing them both. Smiling devilishly, she made a show of looking Supernova over. “Of course, dear,” she purred softly, focusing her attention and power entirely on the young blonde, “I have no need to restrain myself with you. Now, young one... look at me and tell me how beautiful I am.

Katie blinked, visibly shaken by Venus’s words. “I... um, I mean... y-yeah, you’re... very beautiful,” she admitted, cheeks going nearly scarlet. She shook her head ruefully, her eyes trained in the redhead. “For... for someone your age, that is,” she added at the end, with a bit of a smirk. But Venus wasn’t about to give her chance to rally. Closing the distance between them, she ran a hand gently along Katie’s cheek.

“Now, now, don’t be ‘catty’ dear,” she murmured softly, leaning closer, letting the younger blonde scent her perfume. “We both know that I look damn good for a woman of any age.” She smiled again, noting the girl’s dilated eyes and flared nostrils. “And even moreso, I can tell... I’m exactly your type. You were trying to hide it, of course, but I could sense your arousal from the first moment you showed yourself.” She caressed the young blonde’s cheek again, feeling her shudder enticingly at her touch. The girl was already hers, she just didn’t know it yet.

“Y-yeah,” Katie admitted shakily, her thighs beginning to tremble. “I... I kinda... have a thing for... for redheads...” She shuddered again. “You’re... you’re doing this... making me so... soo... turned on... I can hardly think straight...”

Venus merely chuckled. “Pet, the fact that you can even think at all is a testament to my mercy, NOT to your fortitude.” With that, she gestured to her feet. “Kneel, my thrall,” she demanded imperiously, using her Voice. A loud gasp escaped the young blonde’s mouth, and she shuddered, hitting the roof on her knees, the crotch area of her costume visibly darkening. “Good girl,” Satore purred, running her fingers lightly through her newest slave’s long golden mane. “Normally, I’d seal the deal with a kiss, or, if I was feeling VERY generous, by coaxing you in to orgasm with my fingers... but because you were such a naughty little pet and came without permission, I think we should draw this out a bit more. You are forbidden from cumming again without my permission,” she stated, staring deep into the heroine’s glazed eyes. “Your arousal will not diminish, however; it will only continue to build. But, perhaps as you show your devotion to me, I might feel moved to relax my restrictions and at least allow you to touch yourself. How does that sound, my Pet?”

Dazed, Katie glanced up at her, eyes large, a blissful smile on her face. “It sounds wonderful, my Goddess,” she breathed serenely. “I live to serve you, in any way you desire!”

Venus’s triumphant smile was short lived, however. A sudden pain exploded in her arm, sweeping her to the side, down to her knees. Glancing up, she saw an unfamiliar face glaring down at her... from several feet in the air. “Venus Satore!” Sioban McMillan yelled, face twisted in rage, “you won’t win this day! I won’t let you take Her away from me,” she declared, brandishing a flame covered sword tightly in both hands. “Even if it costs me my Tear, or even my life, I won’t let you have my Mistress!”

Satore merely knelt, gaping at her in shock. She’s never laid eyes on the woman before... but the sword, and those wings... and talk of a ‘Tear’. “Oh my... it... it can’t be,” she muttered, shaking her head, still clutching her bleeding arm. Sioban smiled evilly, dropping down suddenly, sending a raking slash across the stunned woman’s face. “Aaaaaaahhhhh!!” Venus cried out in pain, again, the trauma of her beauty wretched from her, again, more devastating that the wound itself. Her sight left her, the blood spray from the wound blinding her, though it hardly mattered. She’d been ruined. She felt herself beginning to fade, retreating from the reality of her loss. Not again... not again...

A booted foot kicked her to the ground, then pinned her, holding her there. Sioban, shuddering herself, ignoring the insistent warning buzzing from her Tear, lifted her sword high. “This is for Patty Sellars, the girl you tried to destroy,” she announced solemnly, “and for Parker Albinn as well. Your jealousy and hate tore them apart. I only wish I could give you back a taste of what they both suffered because of you... but I’ll take satisfaction in the fact that you’ll never hurt anyone like that again!” With a loud cry, she brought the blade swinging down...

* * *

“Now, now, Jimmy, stop being difficult,” Megan groused, struggling to pry open his eyes. “All you have to do is watch the monitor for just a few seconds, and this will all be over.”

Jimmy, still held in Robotica’s steel grip, shook his head, preventing Megan from getting a firm hold. “Megan... stop this... dammit! You’re not... a puppet! You’ve gone through... arrrghh... so much... just to get your independence back... to become your own person again! You too, Roberta! You’re more.... more than just a... mindless.... robot! Ugghnn... come on! You can’t let yourselves be controlled like this! You’re both stronger than that!”

Techna and Robotica laughed, shaking their heads in amusement. “Oh, wow. If only I had a dollar for every time we’ve heard that speech,” the silver skinned gynoid replied with a sigh. “Sorry to disappoint you, Jimmy, but our Mistress’ will is absolute. You can’t talk your way out of this. And once you stop fighting us and let yourself succumb, you’ll understand.”

“She’s right Jimmy,” Megan chimed in. “Your sister... she knows what she is doing. Look at how much she’s changed this city so far in such a short time! It’s calm, peaceful and serene now. Everyone is nice and friendly to each other. And there’s virtually no crime! The only criminals left at all are the few like you that are still resisting.”

Jimmy sighed deeply. “You can save the propaganda speeches, Megan. I’m not buying. I have it on very good authority that whatever Katie is attempting to do is going to end badly. And we’re talking ‘destruction-of-the-city’, possibly even, ‘of-the-entire-world’ level bad. I have to stop her no matter what!”

“Really?” Robotica replied, smirking. “And how do you plan to accomplish that? The collar you’re locked in has neutralized your shadow powers, and at your current strength level you couldn’t break free from my grip if I were a normal human girl! How do you plan to escape? Talk your way out of this?”

Jimmy grunted. “Well, as a matter of fact...” He took a deep breath. “Sigma theta one niner niner two seven alpha four eight zero three beta gamma epsilon zero zero zero destruct zero.”

“What the hel... aahhhh!” Roberta yelped, jerking back in surprise as the collar around Jimmy’s neck exploded in a shower of sparks. An instant later several shadow tendrils sprang forth, piercing her in several spots, shorting out her electronics. The stunned cybernetic heroine slumped to the ground, powered down as her systems began rebooting one by one.

“SHIT!” Techna yelled, leaping back, going into an offensive crouch, pulling a weapon from her belt. “Robotica! Dammit...what the hell did you just do? And how the hell did you short our your collar?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I deactivated them... the collar, and Robotica, both. Don’t worry—I made sure not to hit any of Robbie’s critical systems.” Jimmy replied with a sigh, cracking his neck slightly, wincing as he rubbed the slightly scorched area of his neck from the collar. “Dad has a collapsing circuit and destruction code for every one of his inventions just in case any of them ever fell into the wrong hands. After the last time you collared me, I made it a point to learn and memorize the deactivation code for those stupid things.”

“Clever as always,” Megan replied with a smirk. “I guess I underestimated you. But if you think you’ve beaten me, think again!” She pressed a button on the side of her belt, and her entire suit began to glow. Jimmy cried out loudly, averting his eyes, shielding them from the glare. “How do you like my special Light Suit?” she asked, stalking towards him, even as he back slowly away. “Mistress gave me the idea. Your biggest weakness is bright light, after all. And while my suit can’t exactly mimic your sister’s special light frequency, it comes close enough to shut down your shadow strikes, and blind you enough that you can’t even bear to look at me.” She lifted the gun she’d pulled out earlier and took aim. “This is almost too easy,” she replied with a sigh.

“Maybe, maybe not,” Jimmy replied, still shielding his eyes. “If this was what you REALLY wanted, you would have simply done this from the beginning. Megan... we both know this isn’t what you want. What you REALLY want is to serve my sister... and me. Together.” Megan gasped, pausing. “Hit the nail on the head, didn’t I?” Jimmy continued. “Katie wanted you to stop me from reaching her, plain and simple. With me collared, all you needed to do was knock me out, or drag me off somewhere, toss me in a cell, and keep me under wraps. But no... you didn’t WANT me as a captive. You wanted me as a willing participant.”

“Yes. I did want that,” Techna admitted, lowering the gun. “Your sister wanted it as well.”

Heh. Figured as much, Jimmy mused. I should probably tread carefully here, try and keep the distraction going... but if I play this wrong, it just might end up blowing up in my face. But... I gotta trust my instincts on this one.

“It’s nice, isn’t it,” he continued aloud, crossing his fingers. “Being my sister’s slave, I mean. I honestly never thought she had it in her. Maybe it’s not my place to say so as her brother, but I never really saw her as the dominant type.”

“You’re wrong,” Megan replied in a dreamy voice. “Mistress is wonderful... the perfect mix of dominance and softness. She’s forceful and direct, sometimes so much so it’s like she’s a completely different person,” she said with a delightful shudder, “and yet, other times, she’s so gentle...”

“Exactly,” Jimmy continued. “Because its unnatural for her. Trust me on this. I know my sister, and at her core, Katie is a submissive at heart. Just like you, Megan... what she longs for most of all is to submit... to a strong powerful Master. Someone who’s very presence makes you feel weak and submissive without a single word even being spoken. And you know what that feels like, don’t you Megan?”

“Yeah,” Techna replied softly, remembering all too well. “Yeah, I do.”

“And you remember what it feels like to submit... to sink down deep inside yourself, to give up total control to someone else and simply let yourself drift along...”

“Mmmm... yeah,” Megan murmured softly, a soft smile creasing her lips. “Sinking deep... drifting...”

“Good,” Jimmy replied back, trying to pick his words carefully. “This is what you wanted to feel, Megan. The way you love to feel. Nice and relaxed, and sleepy... not having to think or focus on anything... just obey. You want to obey, don’t you Megan.”

“Yess... want to... obey,” she agreed softly, eyes starting to glaze over.

“Good girl. That’s just what you’re going to do. Just relax and drift... and obey. No need to think or worry... just relax, and obey—”

“Nnnooo!” Megan yelled, jerking suddenly, shaking her head. Her arm whipped back up, gun taking aim again, though her hand noticeably shook. “No. Not this time! You’re trying to hypnotize me... trying to make me betray my Mistress!”

“No, Megan,” Jimmy said calmly, despite his inward panic and cursing. “I’m not trying to take you away from your Mistress. I’m just giving you what you wanted. And even if I tried to take over your mind, your loyalty to my sister is absolute. You said so yourself. I couldn’t make you do anything to betray her. Her power over you is too strong. Isn’t that right?”

“Y... yeah, that’s right,” Megan replied, frowning a bit even as she nodded. She suspected he was trying some kind of trick, and was inwardly cursing herself for even letting her guard down around him again. “Nothing you can do will change my devotion to my Mistress.”

“Then you have nothing to lose by letting me inside your head, then,” Jimmy replied simply. He gestured with left hand, creating a shadow tendril, which flickered in and out from the glare of her bright light. “You know you want to feel it again. And I need to know what Katie is doing.” He sighed loudly. “Look, you’re already fulfilling the assignment she gave you by delaying me, right? Your partner’s systems are coming back up even as we speak. I’d say forty-five seconds to a minute, and she’s back in action. And really, what do you have to lose? Either I can overpower you and Robbie, in which case I’ll get the information I’m wanting anyway... or you’ll both overpower me, in which case it doesn’t matter if I know or not.”

Megan’s eyes narrowed. “As always, I can’t fault your logic,” she replied, “but even so, I’m not about to make it easy for you.” Her fingers clenched around the trigger to fire... only to gasp, a deep shudder going through her. Slowly, her muscles relaxed, and the photonic blaster slid from her fingers, clattering to the ground. Her wide eyes slowly darkened, taking on a black tint as the shadows invading her body and mind overwhelmed her. “H... ho... hhhoo.... hoowww?” she managed to ask, as her eyes rolled up into the back of her head.

“Ever play Kingdom Hearts?” Jimmy asked, letting out a soft sigh as Techna’s light suit powered down, and the agonizing brightness finally abated. “The scene in the beginning when you fight the first boss during the dream sequence always stuck with me. ‘The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes’. I couldn’t get close to you with that glare you were putting off... but the area around your feet made a nice deep dark shadow I could use. It just took a while to connect to it with all the interference you were giving off.” Sighing softly, he closed his eyes and pushed, connecting to Megan’s mind through his shadow link.

Huh. Pretty much what I thought. Having her people put the finishing touches on her complete take over of the city is just a side quest. Trying to bring Jessica back from the dead is the main event. Worse... looks like she has a pretty powerful list of bodyguards protecting her while she makes the attempt. He shook his head, frowning. Ugh. All this mental tampering inside her mind. Megan’s a scientist. She’s smart enough to realize what messing with the space-time continuum could do, yet her devotion to Katie is so strong its overriding her sense of self preservation. His frown deepened. All this... seems vaguely familiar. It’s obviously Katie’s handiwork, yes, but this shroud of darkness, blotting out her thoughts...

Blotting out... just like...

Ink.

Oh bloody hell!

Jimmy jerked back, severing the link, gasping in stunned shock, his mind racing. Gaaahhh! Quillspawn?!? Here? How? No... calm down. There’s no way Yana Ritter could be behind this. The last I heard, she was being tended to in ‘Witchy World’, or whatever, by the LaSilvas clan. Mom and Aunt Eva spent weeks with Aunt Sarah, and I’m pretty sure she would have mentioned it if Quilly was out and about, and on a rampage in River City. Besides... what I felt was definitely Katie. So... how could she get pumped full of enough ink to infect others with it? When would she have even had contact with her? He blinked, then, connecting the dots, as he remembered a few more details.

Ahh. I see. I remember now. Katie mentioned the incident during Nebby’s visit last year, their run in with Dream Queen and getting ‘mind melded’ while I was hanging out with ‘Rora in Midas. And Aurora mentioned the little run-in she and Sylvie had had with their ‘Aunt’ Yana, and Sylvia becoming Singularity to turn the tables on her. She was no longer Quilly’s puppet; as Singularity, she was completely independent of Yana’s control. So... maybe what I’m sensing is a bit of transference from Nebby when she and Katie shared minds? The pieces fit... for the most part. But... it’s been a whole year since Sylvia visited. Has all this been going on with Katie since then and no one noticed?

Sighing deeply, Jimmy turned as Robotica suddenly sat up, her functions fully back on line. Her eyes narrowed as she glared at Jimmy, powering up her weapons systems. “Nice trick, Darklight,” she growled, taking aim. “But you won’t get me the same way twice. It’s time to get serious.”

Jimmy nodded, glancing at Megan once more before assuming a fighting stance himself. “You’re right. It is time to get serious. I can’t afford to play around anymore. So forgive me in advance for this, Roberta. This is probably going to hurt...”

* * *

Downstairs inside the Grimalde Towers lobby, Regina suddenly stiffened, faltering, her gun lowering to the ground for a moment. Likewise, Rosella paused, and frowned, holding her fire despite having a clear shot at her adversary for the first time since their conflict began. Both were winded, and tired, each other’s adversary tougher than either had expected. Between Regina’s ‘danger sense’ and Rosella’s ability to phase out, they were remarkably well matched. Rosella glanced at the younger woman and nodded. “You felt that too, didn’t you?” she asked.

Regina, still frowning, glanced back to her foe, snapping back into a defensive crouch. “Yes... I did. But, I’m not sure exactly what I just felt. For a moment there, I sensed my Goddess, in pain, in torment, as if her life were in danger,” she said tersely. “I was about to charge past you and rush to the elevator, to go up to her aid—when the feeling just... vanished.” She shook her head in confusion. “Now, suddenly, that sense of panic and fear is completely gone.”

Rosella nodded again. “Same here. Despite what you might think of my actions, I’m still linked to my Goddess as deeply as you. And I’m just as worried about what’s happening upstairs.”

“Then put your goddamn weapon down and let’s go up there together!” Regina spat, furiously, moving towards the elevator again, only to jump back as a laser blast scorched the ground in front of her.

“Sorry. Not going to happen,” Rosella replied stoically, drawing a bead on her foe. “If it hasn’t been evident from the beginning, cupcake, let me spell it out. I’m NOT in fucking control of my fucking actions! The girl our Goddess is facing upstairs is in my head, guiding me, controlling me... and her will is stronger than mine... stronger even than my Goddess’ will.” She sighed softly, hands trembling slightly. “Right now, she’s calling the shots. And she says we stay down here until she’s finished upstairs. So if you want to get up there so badly, stop bullshitting and fight me for real!”

Regina’s eyes narrowed. “Fine. If that’s the way you want it,” she murmured, pulling a grenade from her pack, “let’s take this up a notch, shall me?”

* * *

Venus Satore gasped aloud, shaken, a scream frozen in the back of her throat. It took several seconds before her panic had faded enough for her to take stock of her situation. She was alive, not maimed, not blinded, not even injured. She was still whole, still herself. And still alone on the roof of the Grimalde building, aside from the young blonde heroine, who was laughing in obvious amusement.

“Hehehee... oh, oh... sorry,” Supernova replied, wiping a tear from her eye. “I just couldn’t help myself. I truly wanted to see what you would do, how your planned seduction of me would play out, so I allowed it to continue... but yeah, that final scene with Sioban charging in to avenge the wrong you dealt to her predecessor? It was probably a bit over the top.” She shrugged. “What can I say? I get my theatrical side from my mother. Well... the one that’s a writer, anyway. With me, it’s kind of multiple choice.”

Venus, still panting, shook her head. “How? How am I untouched? What just happened?”

Katie frowned slightly. “Duh. I rewrote reality around us. That ending didn’t really appeal to me. Bonnie foregoing her vows and taking your life that way... it was a bit too out of character. Again, I blame my mom for that. Dramatic, yes, but in the end, just not really usable. So... I reworked it. Cut and revised things back to how they actually are again... with you and I facing each other again as ‘equals’.” She chuckled slightly at the term equals, and Venus felt her stomach sink.

It’s the same power, Venus realized with a sense of dread. The exact same power Jeremiah sought to master. He said it took him several lifetimes to learn how to properly control and wield it without destroying himself and everything around him... yet this young girl is using it instinctively as effortlessly as if she had been born to it. Which, I suppose, in a way, she was. I can’t beat her. I can’t hold a candle to the power of a Key... and even if I did, somehow, she could simply rewind things back to this point again as she just did!

“All right,” she said aloud with a soft sigh. “It looks like we are at an impasse. So now what? Return back to our neutral corners again? Granted, your Key powers are stronger than I thought... but you won’t find me as easy to control as your little minions. I’m an eternal spirit, just as your Nornir mother and her people—I highly doubt you can simply will me out of existence!”

Katie blinked, then shuddered. “Erase you from existence? No way! Why would I do something as horrible as that?!?” She shuddered again. “I would never willingly deprive someone of their life... even someone as twisted as you.” She shook her head. “That said... I’m also not about to simply let you walk out of here, either. The offer to let you walk out of here has expired. As the saying goes, you’re either with me or against me... and I can’t have anyone as powerful and dangerous as you standing against me unchecked.”

Venus smiled slightly at that. Unwilling to kill me out of hand, eh? That does help even the playing field a bit. Maybe I can use her sense of morality against her. “Feel free to try, girl,” she said aloud, her haughty demeanor returning. “As I said, I’m not one of your simpering little minions. And your Key powers, while formidable, don’t affect a person’s mind and will.” She crossed her arms. “If you want to tame me, you’ll have to get your hands dirty and do it the old fashioned way.” Her smiled grew. “But fair warning. I don’t intend to make it easy for you.”

Katie’s eyes flashed black and purple. “No, no, of course not,” she said with a smirk of her own. “That would be boring, wouldn’t it? No fun at all for our readers. Still... I don’t think you’ll put up too much of a hassle, all things considered.” She gestured with her hand and Venus blinked in surprise, finding them suddenly standing in a place she hadn’t visited in nearly half a century.

“Wh... what? This is... my house? My mom’s house!” she said sharply, glancing up in alarm. Her hands went to her throat. “My voice!” she squeaked, sounding once again like the little six year old girl she’d been... that she now was. “No... no! You can’t do this!” she yelled, anger and fear warring inside her. “You can’t bring us here!” She moved to charge at the blonde vixen, only to find herself picked up, and held, spun over the older girl‘s knee.

“But I have,” Supernova said simply, lifting the six year old’s dress, and pulling down her panties, exposing her butt. “And I think you need a lesson in manners young lady.” To Venus’ total surprise and horror, she found herself being spanked, each sharp slap against her rear only emphasizing again and again how helpless she was. Despite herself, she found tears running down her face as the blonde continued to humiliate and punish her like the little girl she had become. “Now, then, are you going to behave yourself and act like a good girl?”

“Yes! Yes! I will!” she pleaded, squirming in pain, trying to get free. “Anything! Just please stop!” Again, to her surprise, Katie complied, letting her up, giving her the chance to fix her clothes and wipe away her tears. She wasn’t sure why... after all, at this point, there was little she could do to fight her. She’d been reduced back to her childhood, all her strength and power, her training and abilities, stripped away in an instant. Her hand went back to her face again, feeling her smooth, youthful cheek, recalling the attack earlier by the redheaded Tearbearer. If this was an illusion, it was a damned good one. But... if this was actually real...

“Yes, I’m afraid it IS quite real, Venus,” Katie stated, stepping aside, allowing young Venus to see past her... past the stairway that they stood behind, to the scene down below them. Her mother stood there, alive and well once again... but only for the moment. As she watched, eyes wide, the russet haired visitor next to her struck, stabbing her literally the moment her back turned. Venus watched, helplessly, crying silent tears as he mother was killed, again, before her eyes, her young body frozen, unable to move. Only when the killer turned and walked to the kitchen to set the fire as she had all those years ago did Venus regain control of her body again.

“Damn you,” she wailed loudly, dropping to her knees, sobbing, clutching herself tightly. The pain was back, fresh as it had been that very same night. All these years, she’d told herself that she’d gotten over it, she’d hardened herself and her emotions, she’d become strong enough to put the past behind her. And now, by this unholy blonde’s monstrous power, it was all new again. She sobbed pitifully, no longer caring about her adversary, her young mind simply too overwhelmed to deal with the pain.

Katie stepped closer, however, and knelt down next to her... and rather than make a snide comment or taunt her as she’d expected, the blonde heroine pulled her into a hug. Stiffening for just a second, young Venus let go, accepting the offered hug, letting the tears flow freely, and her pain pour out of her. Katie merely held the young girl, gently, saying nothing, letting her cry herself out. Only after the shudders stopped did she speak.

“I know how you feel, Venus,” she said sincerely. “You’re not the only person in the world to lose a loved one. I lost the woman I loved to senseless violence as well.” Venus looked up at her then, and Katie nodded. “Her name was Jessica DuMont. She and I were best friends since grade school, and about a year or so ago we admitted that we were in love with each other.” She smiled a bittersweet smile. “All those years wasted, time we could have spent truly being together... and all the time yet to come. And it was taken away from us by some deranged killer.”

She reached down and gently wiped the young redhead’s tear stained cheeks. “You called this power I have, this ability, a ‘Key’? I have no idea what it is exactly... whether its the evolution of my good luck/probability bending powers, or something else entirely different. But I do know that my mom once used the same powers when she fought a super villain trying to remake the world in his own image. My mom was able to rewrite reality to undo all the damage he did, bring back all the lives he had taken, and restore the world back to balance. That’s what I’m trying to do here, Venus. I just want to use this power of mine to fix things... to bring back someone very dear to me that was lost.” She smiled again, this time a more sincere one. “And if you join me, Venus... I can do the same for you.”

The young girl gasped in surprise, glancing down the stairs. “You mean.. you would bring back my momma?” she asked .

Katie nodded. “Yes. It’s not fair that she was taken from you the way she was. Its one thing for a person to die of sickness or old age. It’s something else completely when they are taken away by some uncaring, unfeeling person with a complete lack of empathy. If I can, I want to help you by bringing your mother back as well as my Jessica.” She sighed softly. “The thing is, Venus... I can’t trust you. Not the adult you, anyway. You’ve already showed that you’re too prideful and too arrogant to willingly serve another. For this to work... you will have to submit to me.” She held up a hand, a small glowing orb of shadowy light hovering just above. “So... will you do so? Will you let me bend your will to mine without fighting me? I could simply take you as I have all the others... but even in this form, you’re a goddess, and I can’t spare the time or energy needed for a true battle of wills right now.”

Venus sniffled, wiping her nose lightly against her sleeve. Even in this childlike form, despite her feelings of fear and weakness, her pride remained. She almost wanted to resist, to make it difficult for the girl just out of spite. But in truth... she was too emotionally wrung out to put off a useless fight. “Will I... will I still be me?” she asked hesitantly.

Katie laughed softly. “Of course, sweetie. You’ll be entirely your own self. You’ll just be naturally obedient and loyal to me. I won’t be rewriting your entire mind, just editing your priorities a bit.” Gesturing with her hand, she sent the orb forward, directly between the young redhead’s eyes, striking her in the forehead. The girl blinked, frowning slightly, before gasping aloud. She shuddered, violently, for several seconds, during which Katie gently held her, until finally, she relaxed. Pulling back gently, she blinked at the older blonde, the inky blackness slowly fading from her eyes. Then she smiled, and pulled Katie into a hug.

“Wow. That was actually kinda cool!” she said with a youthful chuckle. She kissed Katie on the cheek. “Thank you, Mistress... for showing me the Light.”