The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows II: Light

by J. Darksong

1.)

I really wasn’t looking forward to this.

I resisted the urge to twirl a stand of hair around my finger as I waited for mom and dad to sit down. I was nervous, even though I already knew they’d cave in and say yes. Well... eventually. The thing was, I hated confrontation. Katherine Anne ‘Katie’ Frasier hated confrontations, anyway. As Luminaire, Light of Justice and costume clad vixen, I relished it. Wearing the mask, I had no problem staring down the meanest, baddest, most savage criminals ever to walk my city’s streets.

And yet, trying to convince my folks to let me travel across the country without adult supervision had my stomach in knots.

“So, sweetie,” mom said easily, sitting on the couch, tucking her legs underneath her. “What did you want to ask us about?”

“Um...” I began, mouth suddenly dry. “I was... you see... I have these tickets...”

“Tickets?” Dad said with a frown. “Were you speeding? Don’t tell me you wrecked the car again...”

“No! Not that kind of ticket. Airplane tickets.” They both gave me a blank look, so I tried again. “I, um... I won this contest, you see—”

“Oh, Katie,” mom cut in, frowning as well. “We’ve talked about this. You can’t go entering contests of luck or chance! It’s not fair to everyone else.”

“It’s not like that mom!” I protested. I was getting off track with all these interruptions. “Let me explain this from the beginning. Jessie and I were listening to the radio this morning, and the DJ was doing this trivia quiz. You had to answer three questions correctly in order to win, so there was no luck involved. Well, maybe a little luck in being caller number nine... but anyway, I won because Jess and I knew the answers! The category was music trivia, and the last question was about Symphonic Nebula—Sylvia LaSilvas’ band!”

Eugene Frasier smirked. “Ah, well, no wonder you won, then. I don’t think there’s anyone that knows more about her group than you, except maybe the band members themselves.”

I blushed. “Yeah, so, anyway... I won! First prize was an all-expenses paid trip to Miami Beach for four for a week! So... please? Pretty pretty please, can I go? The tickets are for this week. Please?”

Mom and dad glanced at each other. “Sweetheart,” Dad began, “we’d love to go, but I have too much work to do at the office right now. And your mom is, well... busy with that project of hers. It’s not really a good time for us to get away.”

I sighed deeply, This was the hard part. “Um... actually... I was thinking I could go with Jess... and Shani... and Whitney?”

Silence. I glanced at my dad, and immediately turned away. His lip was trembling, and that small vein in the side of his temple was throbbing, which meant he was trying very hard not to blurt out something hurtful or scathing. Dad isn’t the most... tactful person in the world, but I can say that he tried very hard to be kind to his kids. Despite the number of times we’ve pushed him to the brink. Luckily for us both, mom spoke up.

“Katie, dearheart, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” she said neutrally. “Miami is a long way away. The farthest from home you’ve ever been was to Midas City, and that was as a family. You’re talking about traveling to a new city all by yourself—”

“With Jessie, Shani, and Whitney,” I pointed out. “I won’t be alone, and they’ve all flown to other cities by themselves before—”

“—even then,” Lacie continued, “you’re talking about spending an entire week in a city of more than three hundred thousand people, a city where you won’t know anyone, where you have no family or relatives or friends. What do you do if something happens?”

“I go to the police, and then I call you and dad,” I replied easily. “I may be a bit of a ditz, but I’m not stupid. C’mon mom... it’s not that big of a deal!”

“What id you get lost?” Eugene asked, suddenly on the offensive. “You’ve never been there before. You’ve lived in River City for eighteen years, and you still get lost here!”

“One time, dad!” I groaned, barely resisting the urge to scream. “I called you guys for directions one time when I was lost downtown. Once! And that was a long time ago, anyway...”

“It was last year!” Dad shot back. “On your birthday, remember? And you were only three blocks away from the house!” He sighed, shaking his head. “No. I agree with your mother. You’re not ready for a trip this big.”

“This is so unfair!” I cried. “I’m eighteen years old, and you guys still treat me like a child! I’ve graduated from high school already! Most kids my age have already left home to do their first year of college! Aunt Sarah let both of her daughters move across the country when THEY turned eighteen!”

“This isn’t about them, it’s about you, Katie,” Mom said wearily. “We just don’t think you’re... well... mature enough for this. Yet. It’s all well and good to want to get out and explore the world, to show your independence... we just don’t think you’re ready for this.”

“What about you? When did you leave home for the first time? I’ve heard all the stories about you and dad growing up. Mom, you left home the first time when you were sixteen! And Dad? You traveled to a whole other country when you were seventeen!” I threw up my hands in frustration. “You can trust me to go out at night and fight criminals with guns and knives and super powers, but you can’t trust me to go to Miami with a couple of friends for a week?”

My parents exchanged glances again. This wasn’t going as well as I’d hoped. Not by a long shot. Dammit, why did they still insist on treating me like I was twelve years old? I was eighteen now, practically a grown woman! True, I didn’t have a job, or my own place, or any idea how to go about getting either one... but it wasn’t as if I were packing up to leave, never to return! It was for a week! A single solitary week! But of course, my parents were too old and set in their ways to every admit that I was—

“She’s right,” Lacie said with a small sigh. Dad and I both blurted out at the exact same time.

“WHAT?!?”

“She’s right,” she repeated. “Gene, honey, we do need to trust her a little more. We do let her go out by herself as Luminaire. She has fought off a number of dangerous criminals, and came through without a scratch. And not because of luck. We trained her well. We raised her well. Yes... she is a bit naive about a few things... but so were we at her age.” She shook her head. “The only way she’s ever going to grow up is for us to let her go out on her own. She’s not a baby anymore. She’s old enough now to start making her own choices, her own decisions.” She looked me straight in the eye, a sad smile on her face. “All we can do is to hope she makes the right ones.”

Eugene grumbled softly under his breath, shaking his head. “Tch... fine. You can go. I’d prefer it if you weren’t going with the same girls that ditched you during your senior field trip last year—” I took a deep breath “—but, as your mother says, it’s your decision.” He reached out a hand, and grabbed mom’s running the back of her hand gently. “I do have a few conditions, mind. One, you have to call us and let us know when you arrive in Miami. And I mean, as soon as you step off the plane! Neither of us is going to sleep a wink until we hear from you.” I nodded. Sure. I could do that.

“You also have to call us every night before you go to bed,” Mom added. “Just to let us know you’re safe. A simple text message if nothing else.” She frowned, crossing her arms. “Every night, Katie. Understand?”

“Yes, mom! Every night! I promise! So... does this mean I can go?” They nodded. “YES!!! OH MY GOD!! THANK YOU!” I squealed, acting quite a bit like a twelve year old as I jumped up and down, dancing in place. I leaned forward, kissing them both. “Thank you, thank you, thank you! You guys are the best parents ever!” I blinked, wide-eyed. “Oh, my god! What am I going to wear? I gotta start packing!” That said, I left, heading into my bedroom to raid my closet.

* * *

Lacie and Eugene Frasier glanced at one another, rolling their eyes as their daughter left the room.

“Best parents in the world, huh?” Gene said with a smirk. “Just a minute ago, we were the Oppressors, trying to keep her mired down in the depths of her childhood, now, for saying yes to something she wanted, suddenly, we’re cool?”

“I know. But she is right, love. She’s not a baby anymore.” Lacie said sadly, a tear running down her cheek. “Has it really been eighteen years, Gene? It seems like just yesterday that I brought her and her brother home from the hospital in those tiny little blankets...” She sniffed softly, as more tears began to fall.

“Mo duinne,” Eugene murmured softly, clutching his wife gently to him. “Dinnae worry, love. She’ll be fine. And, besides, it’s only a week. It’s not as if she’s going to decide to move to another country or anything.”

“But what if she does leave?” she asked, sniffling. “She mentioned Sylvie and ‘Rora. Sarah and Valerie have called a few times, just to chat, and though they were proud of both their daughters, there was an unmistakable sadness to them, that they’d both decided to go so far away from home to find themselves.” She sniffed. “I don’t know how they can stand it, having their girls so far away. Or... how I’ll be able to stand it when the time comes for our kids to leave home...”

* * *

As I headed down the hallway to my bedroom, I saw Jimmy in the kitchen, drinking a soda. “Hey, bro,” I waved, walking over next to him. He was covered in oil and grease. “How goes the rebuild?”

“Slowly but surely,” he replied before taking a drink. “How did the little talk with mom and dad go? Did you talk them into letting you go?”

I blushed slightly. “They’re letting me go, yeah. Dad wasn’t too happy about my choosing to take Whitney and Shani with me, but mom brought him around.”

“Hmph. I can’t blame him. I can’t see why you’d want to hang around with those two bitches anyway. Did you forget about your senior field trip? They ditched you and Jess for a couple of guys, and left you at the shopping mall. You ended up missing the bus ride back to the hotel. We had to drive all the way out to Salem to come and get you.” He shrugged. “Why would you even want to hang around with someone like that, anyway?”

“It’s complicated. Jess and Casey are good friends, and Casey is Shani’s younger sister... and so she spends a lot of time with Shani and Whitney, so even though we don’t really like them so much... it’s to keep the peace between Casey and Jessica.” I rolled my eyes. Even to me, the whole thing sounded kind of lame. “Anyway, Shani’s not so bad. Whitney’s the one who’s a bitch; Shani just kind of goes along with whatever Whitney says, that’s all.”

“Uh huh. And you’re taking them with you to Florida, because...?”

“Because we originally asked Casey if she wanted to go, and she said ‘yes’, but then had to back out.” I shrugged. “Casey had mentioned the tickets to her big sister, who mentioned it to Whitney... and, well...” I shrugged gain. “Besides, it’s a good chance to try and... um, clear the air between us.”

My brother chuckles, softly, shaking his head. “Sorry, sis, but I gotta call bullshit on that one.”

“Huh?”

“You’re a people pleaser, Katie.” Jimmy replied. “You’ve always been this way, ever since you were little. You could never stand having someone not like you, or be mad at you. Not that it’s a bad thing. You... you care too much about what people think about you. And... I care too little.” He smirked. “Between the two of us, we make a well-balanced individual. sigh Still... just be careful, okay? Whitney is a selfish little bitch that only cares for herself. I don’t want you getting yourself hurt or in trouble just to please her.”

I giggled. “Gee, thanks for the advice, ‘Mom’! I’ll try and keep that in mind.” I turned to head down the hallway, but paused at the door. “Um... Jimmy? Any chance you’ve given to what we talked about earlier?”

My brother snorted. “What? You mean about me donning tights and hitting the streets at night with you and the folks? Yeah, I’ve thought about it... and I’ve decided to pass. No thank you.”

“C’mon, Jimmy. You’re already playing the hero. Why not make it official? You saved that girl in the park, and you saved all those people on the train...”

“A train wreck I basically caused,” Jimmy retorted. “As for the girl... I was just in the right place at the wrong time. As usual.”

Oh well. I tried. “Okay. Well, I think you’re selling yourself short, but its your choice. See ya when I get back to town!” I waved at him before heading out of the kitchen.

* * *

The next several days flew by quickly, and finally the weekend arrived. The flight was uneventful. No hijackings, no bomb threats. Not even any bad weather. Probably a good thing, too, as nervous as I was... flying in a plane is a lot different from flying through the air under your own power.

Making our way through the Miami airport, the others girls was all atwitter, talking about how cool and exciting this was. I felt a wee bit at a loss. I’d never actually flown commercially before. The few times we’d flown somewhere as a family, we’d taken Dad’s private jet, and disembarked on the tarmac to the car waiting for us. So, naturally, when we’d reclaimed our luggage from the baggage claim and they all turned to me, I was completely clueless.

“So... like, what now?” Shani asked.

“Huh?” I replied cleverly. “What do you mean?”

“She means, ‘What now?’ Sherlock,” Whitney responded, rolling her eyes. “You won this free all-expenses paid trip here. Where do we go from here? Where are we staying?”

“Oh, um,” I mumbled, searching my pockets for the itinerary I’d downloaded and printed out from my laptop before we left. “I think we’re supposed to meet up with a Miss Chambers, a representative from the radio station. We have a couple of appearances scheduled—”

“Appearances? You mean, like guest spots, blurbs and snippets played on the radio and on TV?” Jessie asked excitedly. “Wow! That sounds pretty cool!”

“Sounds boring to me,” Whitney said with a yawn. “This is supposed to be a free vacation. If we have to actually work it takes all the fun out of it.”

“Yeah,” Jess grumbled softly, so only I could hear. “Perish the thought of her actually having to DO something that might be considered work.”

“It won’t be so bad, Whitney,” I said, forcing a smile onto my face. “I mean, c’mon! We’re here in Miami! The sun, the sand, the surf! So what if we have to do a couple of radio spots? It won’t take all day. And anyway, Miami really only comes alive at night!”

“Hmph,” Whitney replied with shrug. “Fine with me. I just hope she shows up soon. I’m tired of waiting around in this airport.”

“Hey, I think that’s her, over there,” Shani nodded, pointing to a tall dark haired woman holding up a large sign. “’Katherine Frasier and Company’. Looks like she’s waiting for us.”

“Heh. What was your first clue, genius?” Whitney snarked as we made our way towards the woman. “The sign with Katie’s name on it, or the white KQIX FM t-shirt she’s wearing?”

Well, I suppose it was nice to know Whitney was a bitch to everyone, and not just to me. The woman smiled as we drew close, and lowered the sign. “Hi! I’m Meredith Chambers. Which one of you is Katherine?”

I stepped forward, extending a hand. “Um, I’m Katherine. You can call me Katie—everyone does.” She shook my hand. “And these are my friends, Jessica DuMont, Shani Langford, and Whitney Meyers. We’re all really excited to be here!”

“Great! Well, it’s almost noon. Let’s get you girls checked in at your hotel and go grab some lunch. I’ll fill you in on the details of the few guest radio spots we need for you to do along the way.” With that, she turned and headed outside, with us following in tow.

* * *

I have to say this for KQIX 95.1... when they run a contest, they certainly go all out for the winners. Meredith led us out to the car she’d rented to transport us to the hotel—a black stretch limousine! I’d never ridden in one before, so naturally I had to play with all the knobs and switches and such in the backseat. It even had a TV and a phone! Meredith merely watched, silently amused, until we’d explored everything at length, before telling the driver to depart for our hotel.

They’d booked up in a pair of twin suites at the South Seas Hotel, not a five star establishment, but very nice, nonetheless. The rooms were huge, but the ocean side view was the best part—the beach was within walking distance. Naturally, Jess and I decided to room together, leaving Whitney and Shani to share the second suite. Just as well... the two of them decided that since Jess and I were the ones who answered the questions and won the trip that we should be the ones to do the required appearances and record all the radio spots. As Jess and I donned our ‘complimentary’ KQIX FM T-shirts, they stripped down to their bikinis and hit the beach.

Oh well. Like I said before, plenty of time for play once we finished our ‘work’.

Four hours later, when Meredith finally had mercy on us and sent us back to the hotel, I was exhausted. My throat was dry and scratchy from all the takes, and retakes. Jess didn’t seem to be faring much better. We collapsed onto our beds, groaning simultaneously, then giggled slightly at the sight of each other.

“Well, I can’t quite call that ‘fun’,” Jessica said after a moment, “but at least we’re all done for the day. Do you wanna get changed now and head down to the beach?”

I nodded eagerly, then sighed inwardly as a crash of thunder sounded in the distance. The day that had been so clear and sunny up until now had decided to turn stormy. “Or, maybe we can just stay inside,” I suggested with a shrug. “It’s a nice hotel. They have a heated pool, a jacuzzi, a sauna and spa. If we can’t go play in the sand, we can at least go get pampered at the spa.”

Which we did. I was a little shy at stripping down to my birthday suit for the massage, but Jess didn’t seem to mind, so I went along with it. My massager was a very handsome young man named Richard. He was deeply tanned, with short wavy blonde hair, and a really big pecs. He looked more like a surfer dude than a masseur, but his manner was purely professional. I found myself relaxing as he began rubbing a warm soothing oil into my upper shoulders. I let out a soft sound, somewhere between a sigh and a moan, and blushed as Richard chuckled at me.

“My my, seems like this is very much overdue,” he replied, working his fingers in a bit deeper. I bit my lip. It hurt, but in a good way, and my eyes fluttered slightly as tension I hadn’t even truly realized I’d had began to drain out of me. He chuckled again, softly. “It’s kind of a shame... such a lovely young lady with your entire life ahead of you. What could you possibly be doing to get you so tense?”

“Oh... mmmm... not much, really. Just...” I started to mention my ‘extra curricular’ activities, but remembered myself just in time. “...normal teenage issues. I just graduated a few weeks ago... uuuhnnn... maybe its.... oooohhhh... leftover exam anxiety?”

“Possibly,” he said, laughing. “So, just graduated from high school, eh? Are you on vacation with your folks?”

“N... nnnoooo...” I hissed softly as he began working his fingers lower, down my back. “Ahhh... I’m here... with a few of my friends... we won... this radio contessssssst...” My eyes crossed as his fingers did something simply electric along my spine. My body went limp, and I think I gurgled as all the tension left me in one giant pulse of relaxing bliss. Sparks danced before my eyes, and a soft silly smile stretched my lips as his touches became more focused, more precise.

“Ah, the contest winner,” he said softly, leaning forward, whispering into my ear. “I heard about that. Traveling alone with a couple of friends? You look way too young to be on your own... but you did say you’d just graduated...” He chuckled again softly. “You should be careful, though. There are lots of dangerous people in this city... just ready to take advantage of a sweet little thing like you. Luckily for you, I’m here to look out for you.” His smile twisted into a wry grin as he slid the towel covering my lower half further down. “Yes, you’re very lucky to have me watching out for you, aren’t you?”

“Yeeahhh,” I replied, sleepily, sighing in contentment. “I’m... mmmmm... very lucky...” And I was very lucky. So very lucky... to have someone to watch out for me....

“Very true,” he replied, his fingers squeezing and massaging my buttocks. My eyes rolled back into their sockets and my thighs clenched lightly at the sensation. “An attractive girl like you... strangers would just LOVE to take advantage of you... wouldn’t they?”

“Strangers... yeeess...” I groaned, feeling my thighs becoming wet. “Taking... advantage... of me...”

I was only dimly aware of my surroundings. I vaguely noted that the towel once covering me had been removed, and that I was now completely and utterly exposed. Yet, somehow, it didn’t matter. Nothing mattered by the nice, sweet, loose and floaty feeling enveloping me. My body felt as if I were floating on a cloud, my mind wrapped up in a thick soft layer of cotton. It felt... vaguely familiar, as if I’d been in this dreamy floaty place before, long ago...

“Lucky for you,” Richard said, his hands gently rolling me over onto my back, “you have me to look out for you.” He smiled wider. “To keep you safe. And you are safe with me, Katie. Completely safe.”

“Lucky... yess...” I groaned, my body flooding with sensation as hot oil began to flow over my heated skin. “So... lucky... to have you. You.... keep me ssss... ssss.... safe!” I gasped, as a touch along my inner thighs made my toes curl. My breathing caught, then hitched as those diabolic fingers began stroking, caressing, teasing my sensitive flesh as he whispered soft nothings in my ear, until I thought I would go out of my mind. If my muscles hadn’t been turned to jelly from his earlier ministrations, I no doubt would have shook and shuddered like an epileptic having a seizure; as it was, I could just barely manage an involuntary twitch or two as a veritable sea of pleasure flooded my entire being...

* * *

“Hey, Katie,” Jessie waved to me from the whirlpool bath as I made my way towards her. “So, how was it? Was your massage as mind-blowing as mine?”

I smiled softly, feeling entirely mind-blown. “Oh, yeah. It was wonderful,” I replied. Well, I think it was wonderful. Somewhere along the line I apparently nodded off, but I’d never felt better in my entire life. “I think he took out all of my bones and replaced them with lime jello, though. It’s all I can do to walk without falling into a puddle on the floor.”

Jessie giggled, then sighed as i slid into the jacuzzi next to her. “Don’t I know it! No matter what happens for the rest of this vacation, that massage made the entire trip worth it.” She yawned, laying her head back, letting her toes poke up through the surface of the water. “Lucky we came here when we did. Shani and Whitney came by a few minutes ago. They got caught in that downpour.” She laughed. “They looked like a couple of drowned rats! Anyway, once they get changed and we’re done soaking here, I think we should head out for a night on the town.”

I nodded, feeling myself begin to wake up a bit more. “Sounds like a plan. Meredith gave me a bunch of vouchers. We can eat pretty much anywhere along the strip for dinner, and right now, I’m thinking All You Can Eat crab legs is the way to go.”

“Great. I know just the place.” She smirked. “And afterwards, maybe we can check out the club scene.”

I frowned slightly. “Dance clubs? I dunno, Jess... we’re a little young for that, don’t you think?”

“Well, yeah, technically... none of us are twenty-one yet, but in a lot of these clubs, you only need to be eighteen to get in. We won’t be able to buy any liquor or anything, but we can still have a good time.” She smirked. “Whitney’s dying to go to this one place she heard about... a new nightclub called ‘Synch’. She met some woman on the beach who was just raving about the place, and she’d made up her mind that we need to go there.”

“Synch, huh?” I said, thinking it over. I grinned. “Sure. Why not? It sounds like fun. It’s not like we’ll be getting drunk or anything. Let’s do it. What’s the worst that could happen?”