The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows II: Light

by J. Darksong

3.)

Hangovers suck.

I hadn’t planned on getting one, hadn’t planned on getting drunk, or even drinking anything intoxicating at all, yet the next morning I woke to the hell of sunlight beaming down on me like a laser blast, and the bedside clock-radio alarm blaring away like a thousand banshees. The day after the worst super villain fight I’d ever had was nothing compared to this! Groaning in agony, I lashed out unthinkingly, sending out a blast of focused light energy at the alarm, turning it into a smoking pile of debris... which unfortunately set off the fire alarm. I screamed, covering my head with the pillow, hearing Jessie cry out as well from across the room. I groaned, begging Athena, Odin, Jesus, Snoopy, and every other deity I could think of to either kill me, right now, or shut off the alarm. One of the other, I didn’t care which.

I nearly cried when, luckily, the fire alarm system received a slight power surge, resetting the system again after only a few seconds. My head continued to throb incessantly for minutes more to the echo of the earlier screeching, but finally, blessedly, it faded back to a dull roar.

Damn, but hangovers SUCK! At least I didn’t feel the need to vomit.

A few minutes later—or hours, I’m not really sure—I carefully opened my eyes again, and, stumbling a bit, made my way to the bathroom. Rather than turn on the light, I created one of my own, as small and weak a thing as my bleary eyes could tolerate. A tortured, half-dead zombie of a woman stared back at me through my reflection in the mirror, and I turned on the water, splashing it over my face. Reaching over, I turned on the shower, setting the temperature on lukewarm. I stripped out of my sticky, sweat-soaked underwear, and slid under the torrent, letting it wash away the grime and grunge from the night before.

Hangovers are caused by the brain being dehydrated by all the alcohol, I remember Mr. Albinn saying once. If you want to keep from getting a hangover, make sure you eat something before you go out drinking, and drink plenty of water to keep from getting dehydrated.

Well, we’d just had dinner less than an hour before hitting the club scene, so at least I’d taken care of half the requirement. Tilting my head back a bit, I opened my mouth, drinking in a gulp or two of water, then sighed, feeling slightly better. Lowering my head again, I put my forehead against the cool refreshing tiles of the shower and let the water continue to pour over me.

So... what the hell happened last night? Everything after the limo ride is such a blur. I remember Jess and I ordering Iced Tea... and getting something with apparently a lot of alcohol with it. I suppose I should have expected it though... I ordered from a bar. Heh. I’ll damn sure be sticking with bottled water next time.

The shower was helping a lot. My mind was clearing, even if my memories weren’t completely in focus yet. Huh. How... did I get back the hotel last night? I remember going to the dance floor with... some guy... and dancing to Nebby’s song... and... that’s it. I think I was talking to someone, who gave me a drink... and I guess I passed out. I blushed slightly. Damn. This is the kind of thing you read about in bad novels or online stories. I don’t think he... took advantage of me. At least, it don’t feel like it. Usually if you’d had a night of really good sex, you’d feel something the morning afterwards, right?

Shutting off the water, I toweled myself dry and headed back into the bedroom. It was... curious, I suppose, but strangely enough, I wasn’t that worried about it. Despite not remembering a lot of what had happened to me, I’d ended up back in my bed, back at my hotel, safe and sound.

Safe and sound. Safe. Yes... for some reason, I felt confident that I was safe here.

I glanced over at Jessica’s bed, and smirked. Sleeping in her typical fashion, she’d turned her bed into a mishmash hodgepodge of covers, sheets and pillows. The only way I knew she was even underneath her little ‘nest’ was the soft bare foot sticking out from the left side, and the not-so-gentle snoring sounds coming from the head. Feeling mischievously, I reached down, running my index finger along her pale pink sole. Her breathing hitched, and her toes spasmed a bit, but otherwise she didn’t respond. Grinning, I ran my fingernail along the curl of her toes, one of her bad tickle spots, and she shrieked, her foot jerking out wildly before burrowing back underneath the covers. A moment later, he head poked up from beneath the covers, glaring daggers at me.

“Do that again,” she growled, her voice sounding as if she’d just swallowed a gallon of sand, “and not even Omega Girl will be able to save you!”

I giggled at her, then groaned softly, as the slight headache I still had reminded me of my own hangover. “Sorry, Jess. My bad. Here, though, since you’re already awake,” I said, handing her a glass of ice water. “If you want the pounding in your head to stop, you need to get your brain hydrated again.”

She drank greedily, draining all the water then suck on the ice cubes. “Hell, I’ll drink gasoline if it will help stop the pounding,” she gasped a few seconds later. She sighed, glancing around the room. “Well... I would ask what time it is, but seeing what happened to the clock-radio, maybe I’m better off not knowing.”

“That was an accident. Reflex reaction to loud screeching noises.” I shrugged. “I’ll pay to have it replaced. So... about last night... do you remember how we got back here?”

Jess frowned. “I was actually hoping you could tell me! The last thing I remember was that guy... you know... the blonde guy... um... ah, shit, I can’t think of his name. Anyway, you and the shorter guy went off to the dance floor, so my guy asked me if I minded him grabbing a quick smoke out on the balcony, and I went with him. I remember looking at the surf rolling in... his hand on my hip... and a waitress asking me if I wanted another drink.” Jess blushed slightly. “I asked him if he knew something good besides Long Island Iced Tea, and he asked me if I’d ever had ‘Sex on a Beach’.” Her blush deepened. “I, um, I said, ‘No, but I was really wanting to order something to drink first’. He burst out laughing, and so did the waitress.” She closed her eyes. “Everything after that is a blur.”

I nearly laughed myself. I was pretty clueless about these kinds of things—in particular not knowing that Long Island Ice Tea came with alcohol—but even I have heard of ‘Sex on a Beach’. “So... I guess at the end of the night we must have just... wandered back up to our room and slipped into bed.” I shrugged. “It’s as good of an explanation as anything else. I seriously doubt Shani and Whitney were looking out for us or anything.”

The mention of Whitney tickled something in the back of my mind, a half-formed, indistinct memory about... something? The more I tried to focus on it, the more my head pounded, so I stopped trying. Oh well. I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about. If it was really important, I’m sure I’d remember.

A slight buzzing sounded from the floor. Reaching for my pants, I pulled out my cell phone, then grimaced as I recognized the number. “Shit! It’s my mom!” I hissed, moving to the balcony to answer it. “Um... hi mom. Good morning?” I said weakly. I grimaced again as she began laying into me about not calling her last night before going to bed as I’d promised. I checked through my call history, and saw four missed calls from her around midnite.

What would you do in such a situation? My mom and I had a really good, open, and honest relationship. I’d never lied to her, and she never lied to me about anything. At least, not as far as I knew. I was, to put it frankly, a really bad liar. I had little practice, and except for occasionally lying to hide my super heroine persona from my friends, I never really had a reason to do so. So... what would be worse? To admit the truth right now, admit to my mom that the reason I hadn’t called was because I’d gone out last night and gotten drunk off my arse? Or... attempt to lie about it, make up some lame excuse about losing track of time, or just forgetting, and hoping like hell that the truth never comes out?

Add in the fact that my mom is a cosmically powered being who could, if she felt so inclined, put me in a literal ‘permanent time-out’, I thought it would probably go better in the long run to just come clean.

“You WHAT?” Lacie Frasier’s voice came through the speaker of my cell loud enough that Jessica winced in sympathy. “You... went out to a dance club... got chatted up by a bunch of strange guys you’ve never met before... and got so drunk that you don’t even remember how you got back to your hotel room?” I winced again. Mom’s voice had grown steadily higher and more shrill with each syllable, and my hangover hadn’t quite passed yet. “I don’t believe this! I do NOT believe this!”

“Mom, I’m sorry,” I began, trying to explain. Yes, I’d made a few bad choices, and things had spiraled out of control from there... but I honestly hadn’t PLANNED to get drunk! “I swear, I didn’t know this was going to happen! I ordered Iced Tea from the menu... I didn’t know they put liquor in it!”

I heard her talking to someone in the background for a moment, most likely dad, because a sudden loud jag of laughing sounded in the background moments later. “Oh... Katie,” mom said a few moments later, sounding weary. “Only you would not know what went into a Long Island Iced Tea.” She sighed heavily. “I’m very tempted to fly down there and get you. You can thank your lucky stars that I don’t have Sarah’s ability to teleport!”

“NO! Don’t do that, mom! Please!” I begged. “I’m sorry, okay? I promise you, this will NEVER EVER happen again!”

“Katie, you promised me that you’d call me every night before you went to bed,” she reminded me softly. “You promised me that I could trust you to stay out of trouble, and to look after yourself. Katie... maybe your father was right. Maybe you’re just not mature enough to handle being out on your own right now without adult supervision.”

Oh God. If my mom came to get me after only one night, my life would be over. I’d never live this down. I wouldn’t be able to show my face in public again, ever, and I’d have to live the rest of my life in the bedroom, just like Jimmy.

“Mom, please! I’m BEGGING you—please don’t come get me! I made a dumb mistake. It will never happen again! And I swear, I’ll carry my cell phone around with me everywhere I go! If I miss a call, I’ll call you back within... um... half an hour. If I don’t, then you can come and get me, because something’s seriously wrong? Okay? Please?”

After several moments of tense silence, my mom said the words that would make me love her forever. “Tch. Fine. You can stay. BUT—” she added, interrupting my squeal of joy, “—I am holding you to your promise, young lady. I don’t intend to call you every hour to check up on you, but if I do call, I expect you to answer, or call back within thirty minutes. Not a second more! And you don’t have to call me every night just to say you’re okay. A two word text message saying ‘I’m Fine!’ will suffice. Just make sure you let me know everything’s okay.”

I agreed, and finally, satisfied, she hung up. I dared to breathe a sigh of relief, when the phone rang again. “See, mom? I have my cell with me! No need to check up on me so soon after the last call—”

“Um, sorry sweetie, but I’m not your momma,” Meredith’s voice replied. “Just calling to see if you and Ms. DuMont are up and about yet. It’s Day Two for our lucky contest winners, and I’ve like to start the day interviewing you both over breakfast about your first night here. I can be there in, say, twenty minutes. How’s that sound?”

“That should be fine. Jess just slipped into the shower, so... a quick wash, blow dry, and slipping on some fresh clothes... yeah, twenty minutes should be just fine. See you then!” Hanging up, I slipped into the bathroom to let Jessie know what was up.

* * *

Today’s activities went by a lot easier than the day before. The interview went pretty well, then Meredith took us on a tour of the city, showing us around. We did a few more radio spots after lunch, and then she dropped the big bombshell: MTV was in town for the week for a couple of their shows, and we were going to be there. She warned us it would most likely be a few quick camera pan shots at best, but the fact that we’d be at an MTV Beach Blast event made it more than worthwhile. With any luck, we might end up rubbing elbows with some real celebrities!

“Whitney is going to totally have a cow,” Jess laughed as we made our way up from the hotel lobby. “She and Shani were so adamant that you and I do all of the ‘work’ since we actually won the tickets. Wait til she hears that part of that work has us heading to the Florida Keys to be on MTV! And since she and Shani ditched us the other day, Meredith only reserved seats for the two of us!” She nearly doubled over. “Oh, man! I can’t wait to see the look on her face!”

She knocked on their door, then waited, tapping her foot lightly. “Hmmm. Doesn’t look like anyone’s in. Think they’re down at the beach?”

I shrugged. “Either that, or they’re down in the spa. Let’s change and head down to the beach for a while. We can stop by the pool area on the way and see if they’re there.”

They weren’t there, but we weren’t really worried too much. It was a bit strange that they hadn’t at least called my cell or anything. I had all the food vouchers with me, and at three in the afternoon, they had to be getting hungry. Oh well. Maybe they brought some of their own money with them. Heh... or more likely, they sweet-talked a couple of boys into buying them lunch. I suppose I was feeling slightly bitter at being snubbed by them for most of this trip. A trip they wouldn’t even be on if not for me!

Well fine, I told myself as I stepped barefoot onto the warm soft sand, sighing at the sensation between my toes. They can just take care of themselves. Life’s too damn short to spend it worrying about them. Time to have some fun of my own for a change.

Jessica, of course, headed immediately for the water. “OH MY GOD! Katie, this is great!” she yelled out at me. “The water is so warm! You gotta come in and try this!” As I waded in after her, grinning, I realized she was right. I’d been to the beaches in Oregon and Washington State a few times, and the Pacific was always frigidly cold, even in the warmest of months. The Atlantic, however, was positively sweltering in comparison. Laughing, we splashed each other, then swam out a bit deeper, simply enjoying our leisure time, just two girls at play.

A bit further up the beach a group of people were surfing. Or, attempting to surf. I’d noticed the partition advertising surfing lessons on the way down, but I hadn’t paid it much attention. I’d never given it much thought, but I suppose surfing, gliding along the edge of a moving wall of water on a piece of shiny waxed driftwood... it would probably be the closest thing to flying that a normal person could achieve short of jumping out of an airplane. Hmmm, and parasailing too, I suppose. Or water skiing, I guess.

Anyway, it looked kind of fun. If I ever moved to a beach front area permanently, I’d definitely have to take lessons.

After staying in just short of becoming pruny, we headed back to the sand. I’d set up our towels in a nice spot close to the boardwalk, and while Jess went to grab us a couple of Shaved Ices, I set up the umbrella and made myself comfortable. I’d only been sitting there a moment or two when a shadow crossed over me. “You’re gonna burn,” a feminine voice said from behind me, and I turned to find a deeply tanned blonde woman in a yellow two piece standing over me.

“Excuse me?” I said, lowering my sunglasses as I sat up. “What was that?”

“I said, you’re gonna burn.” She gestured to the bottle of sunscreen poking out from my travel bag. “You need to put on some sunscreen. It’s a common mistake. You put some on in your room, cover yourself up nice and neat, then decide to take a quick dip in the ocean before sitting out to tan.” She shook her head. “You can get away with that pool side, in chlorinated water, but not in the ocean.” She gestured to my face. “Your nose and ears are already a little pink.”

“Um, thanks for telling me,” I said, reaching for the bottle, but she grabbed it before I could. She smiled, pouring a large dollop into the palm of her hand.

“Allow me, sweetie,” she said in a slightly husky voice, reaching out to rub some over my exposed skin. I opened my mouth to protest, but after a moment I just decided to go with it. After rubbing some on my face, she bid me to lie back and let her cover my back, and I did so. Her hands massaged as they rubbed, and I soon found myself relaxing, letting my eyes close. Her touch was gentle and soft, and I found myself subconsciously comparing her touch with Richard’s, from his massage the other day. His touch had been firm, and direct, sometimes a little painful, but in a good way. Her touch, however, felt soft and tender, almost teasing, as if she knew just where and how to caress, knowing just what I liked best, but was taking great enjoyment in stringing me along.

I was so caught up in the comparison that I hadn’t really noticed where she was touching me until a slim, slick lotion-soaked finger slid down along the bare flesh of my perineum, causing me to shudder in delicious pleasure. My eyes opened, and I gasped in surprise as she upended the bottle, pouring a generous amount of lotion onto my ass, rubbing it in vigorously. My bare ass!?!

Wha... what the hell? When... did I lose my swimsuit?

“Ahem!”

I jerked, sitting up, then gasped, covering my bare chest. I lost my top too? I blushed furiously, staring up into Jessica’s frowning face as her foot tapped lightly in the sand. “Am I interrupting something? Would you like me to go take a little walk and leave you two alone for a while?” My face turned an even brighter scarlet, but the blonde woman merely laughed.

“Oh, no, darling, don’t be silly,” she said with a cheeky smile. “I’m just making sure your girlfriend here doesn’t get sun-burned, that’s all. I guess I got a little carried away with the sun tan lotion, that’s all. No harm, no foul.” She extended a hand. “I’m Ellen, by the way.”

Jess’ lip twitched slightly, but she shook Ellen’s hand. “Jessica DuMont. And you’ve already met Katie Frasier.”

“Not formally,” she replied, still grinning. “I noticed her sitting there, starting to get a little pink, and I offered to slap on a little lotion. I didn’t mean to make you jealous.”

“Oh, um, Jess and I, we’re not, girlfriends,” I protested, sitting up again, then back down, remembering my state of undress. “We’re just friends. Best friends. Right, Jess?”

A strange look passed over her face for a moment before she nodded. “Uh huh. Best buds.” She sighed softly. “Yep, that’s us alright.”

“Oh, well, okay then,” Ellen said with a knowing smirk. “None of business either way. So, Jessie, would you like me to rub some lotion on you as well? You know... since my hands are already covered in lotion?”

Jess stared at me and smiled a strange fake smile, nodding. “Well, gee, Ellen, that’s a great idea. Please do! After all, I wouldn’t want to get a sunburn.”

Okay, I was a little confused about the way Jess was acting. It was like she was angry at me for something, not because I’d done anything, but because I didn’t seem to understand WHY she was upset. She’d acted the same way in the third grade when I’d forgotten her birthday. She’d grumbled and pouted about it for a week, never actually coming out and saying what I’d done, but making me feel like a first class heel for it. I sighed inwardly. Asking her point blank what was wrong would be pointless. The best I could hope for was that she got over it and cheered up, or I somehow figured out what I’d done wrong.

Maybe I embarrassed her sitting out here practically naked in public. Not that I’d done it on purpose or anything. It was her idea to wear a two-piece string bikini for a change instead of my usual body covering one-piece. I definitely would have noticed THAT being pulled off of me, no matter how zoned out I was.

“So, how are you girls enjoying Miami?” Ellen said conversationally as she finished covering Jessie with lotion. “Pretty nice, huh? It’s a great city. Well, except during hurricane season, of course,” she added with a giggle. “Have you hot any of the clubs yet? We’ve got a nighttime scene like you wouldn’t believe.”

“Actually, I think we might,” Jessie quipped, sighing softly as she sat back up again. “Mmmm... thanks. You have really good hands, you should be a masseuse.” Reaching down, she slid her bikini top back on and tied it tight once more. “But, um, yeah. We went to that club ‘Synch’ last night. Had a really nice time.”

“Synch? Wow, that’s pretty amazing, I was just talking to a couple of girls from out of town about that place yesterday! The owner is a friend of mine.”

Two girls? From out of town? Suddenly, I remembered the conversation in the back of the limo with Whitney about getting into the club. It’ll be fine. Ellen told me what to say to get inside...

“I met them both again in the VIP lounge last night,” Ellen continued with a laugh. “They certainly seemed to be having a great time.”

“Did you see them leave?” I asked, suddenly anxious. Ellen frowned, caught off guard.

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Did you see them leave at the end of the night?” I repeated. “We haven’t seen or heard from them all day. It’s early evening now, and I have all of the food vouchers, so they can’t have eaten anything in the last twenty-four hours. Neither of them have called me. And Whitney’s not the kind of person to just suffer in silence.”

Ellen’s frown deepened. “I don’t know. Hell, I don’t even remember how I got home myself, after the party. But, if they didn’t go back to the hotel afterwards, they probably went home with their Mistress.”

“With their WHAT?” Jess nearly shouted. eyes bulging. “What the hell kind of party was going on back there anyway?”

“An adult themed party, naturally. Dominance and submission, bondage play, sadomasochism, whips and chains, role play... the whole ball of wax.” Ellen shrugged. “Your friends seemed perfectly okay with it all. Hell, after five minutes both of them were prancing around completely naked, except for the slave collars around their necks.”

Jessica’s expression went dark. We both knew Whitney well enough to know that playing the submissive was the absolutely LAST thing she’d ever do, drunk or not. Something strange was going on in that place. There was little love lost between her and Whitney—or between Whitney and me—but she was in trouble, and neither of us felt right about simply abandoning her.

“We need to get into that VIP room,” I stated, feeling my Luminaire side take hold. “Ellen, can you get us inside?”

“Sorry, kiddo,” the blonde shook her head. “I have to work the late shift tonight, so I won’t be hitting the clubs tonight. But, I will tell you the password to get you past the bouncer. Just go up to him and say ‘Serendipity’. He’ll let you in.” She smiled as we quickly packed up our belongings to head back to the room. “Have fun, kiddies. Tell ‘em Ellen sent ya!”

* * *

The trip to Synch was much less grand the second time around. Of course, this time Jess and I were much more concerned with rescuing our friends from whatever mess they’d gotten themselves into and less concerned with having a good time. We’d debated back in the hotel room about whether or not I should go in as Luminaire or as myself, but in the end I’d listened to Jessie’s voice of reason and left the costume packed up in my suitcase. Until we had a better idea of what was going on, we needed to tread carefully. I doubted anyone in the entire state of Florida knew who Luminaire was, but entering the club dressed like a super was a good way of tipping off anyone involved in something shady that the jig was up long before we actually managed to get close to them.

Besides, it wasn’t often that I got to wear something this flashy that WASN’T latex or lyrca.

I had thought far enough ahead to send mom a quick text message explaining what was going on. Well, not an overly detailed one... she didn’t need to know that Whitney and Shani had been missing for more than an entire day without Jess and I noticing. I’d merely told her that I suspected something fishy was going on at the club and I was going back to investigate. NOT to drink—I made that part abundantly clear. Mom might worry about me getting into trouble, but she would feel better about me going back in as part of a crime fighting gig rather than as a patron.

If I stopped to think about it much, I might have a problem that mom and dad trusted Luminaire more than they trusted Katie Frasier, whether I was wearing the costume or not. I mean, I’m the same person, either way. Right?

Inside the club, Jess and I moved to the dance floor, simply going through the motions while scanning the crowd for our missing friends. It was apparently still early in the evening, because the room had fewer than fifty people. Heading back to the bar for a bit, I was ordering two bottled waters when I saw both girls walk in from a side entrance. “Jess, over there! Look!” I said, pointing. “At least we know they’re both okay.”

“Yeah, but where did they get those clothes?” Jess asked, pointing out the matching skimpy black dresses both girls were wearing. They also each wore a slim black and silver collar around their necks. Hardly noticeable with their attire, I wouldn’t have even batted an eye had Ellen not mentioned it. As we watched, both girls moved, almost robotically, to the red door and the bouncer guarding it. Whitney leaned forward, whispering in his ear, and the man nodded, opening the door.

“C’mon, Jess,” I said, tossing my bottle of water aside. “Let’s follow them and see what the hell is going on.”

As we approached the door, the bouncer moved in front of the doorway, cutting us off. “No entrance, kids,” he said gruffly, pointing to the ‘Over 21 only’ sign posted beside the door. Jess and I glanced at one another, putting on our most seductive smiles.

“Oh, but we’re not kids,” Jess said, showing him her fake ID, sliding a hand along the big man’s arm. “We’re two women looking to have a little fun... if you’d step aside and let us inside.”

“Sorry. VIP’s only,” he snorted, standing firm. “Invites only.”

“But... we ARE VIP’s,” I chimed in. “Ellen sent us. She couldn’t come herself, but told us to stop by and say ‘hi’ to everyone. She even told us the password to make sure we didn’t have any problems.”

The man’s eyebrow rose slightly. “Oh, did she now? And just what IS the password?”

“Serendipity,” I replied, trying to sound sure of myself. I was really hoping Ellen hadn’t been messing with us about this.

“Serendipity, hmm?” the bouncer said with a frown. He peered down at us for a moment, then sighed. “Alright. Maybe Ellen really DID send you. You two look a little young to me... but that is the correct password.” He pressed a small button on the wall behind him, and a soft click sounded as a magnetic lock opened. “Go right in, ladies,” he said with a slight bow, pushing the door open. “Enter, of your own free will.”

A bit of a foreboding greeting, I thought, as Jess and I stepped forward. Still, this is what we’d come here for. Taking a deep breath, preparing myself for whatever we might find inside, we stepped through the doorway into the next room.