The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Little Indians

Chapter 4 – Fripperies

Although sleeping was all that Penn and Madeleine did that night, Penn felt closer to Madeleine than ever before. He spent as much time as he could with her at school. They both worked well together, and spent enough time to joke and play around to keep themselves happy with it.

Their first exam results were excellent. Even Dee’s were pretty good. Tsanja didn’t seem to mind if her favourite students skipped out of some school. After all, they were almost adults now.

It was the best of times, the best in Penn’s life. He had little to worry about until the year was finished, and he could feel his life opening up as he enjoyed his new freedoms.

Tsanja asked him to visit her once a week for private tutoring. Penn didn’t really think he needed it, but he readily accepted. Penn had known and trusted Tsanja all of his life, and had always talked to her about his worries, his aspirations. She was like family, but far enough removed from Madeleine that he felt comfortable talking about her.

Penn soon realised the true purpose of these tutoring sessions. Tsanja knew that there was evil abroad in Gynt, but her family was already deeply involved in the search, and she wanted someone to talk to about what was happening, about what she was doing. It was obviously taxing work. Most of all, she wanted to keep herself sane.

She also wanted someone she could trust. Nobody knew what the consequences would be if word of the secrets of village life were to enter the wrong ears, whether the Lilith Spawn, or the Sisters in Solveig.

“It is so hard, Penn. Madeleine has been very helpful, but it is still not enough. Pamela, Poe and Madeleine were living in Toridé when it was taken by the Lilith spawn, by the demon. They were lucky to get out alive. Their choker charms gave them safe passage, but it it was too late for the town.”

Penn hadn’t realised that it was as bad as this.

“What happened to the people?”

“They were devoured, Penn, devoured. They are gone now, their bodies eaten, their souls consumed. There is nothing left. I have seen it in my scrying, the town empty, abandoned.

“Those charms Madeleine has been making, the leather chokers, they will protect us. The stone keeps the soul from harm, it holds the soul to the body, it prevents the demon from touching us, it blinds us to her enchantments. But Madeleine is only young, Penn, and I am getting older. It cost me so much to make the choker charms, I cannot do it any more. I have left all of the protections to her to make, I just do not have the strength.

“I have spent most of my energies on deceiving my Church. I have been doing everything I possibly can to hide what has been going on here in Gynt. Poe has told me some of what went on in Toridé, and, I fear, we have as much to fear from the Church as from the Lilith spawn. One woman cannot hide a whole village forever.

“Madeleine doesn’t realise that I know, but she has been adding love enchantments, happiness wards, healing spells to her choker charms. These are just small magics, fripperies.

“She doesn’t know how much danger we are in, Penn, the Lilith spawn are clever.

“The demon, she cannot touch us, but we are only human. If she can find a way to use our own magics against us, she will do everything she can to seduce us, to talk sweetly to us, to leave us unprotected.

“Everyone in the village has a choker charm now. If only one person were to remove their charm, we would be in grave danger. Lilith may find a way to make us do so, and then we would be done for.

“I cannot find them, Penn. The Lilith spawn are here, making their plans, but they are hidden.

“Trinity magic can only be performed by virgin women, and only those with magic in their soul, and even then only with much training.

“There are only two of us, Penn.

“It is only Madeleine and I that can prepare the protections, perform the predictions, prepare the village for attack.

“It is so hard, Penn, it is so hard, maintaining my love, maintaining my virginity. I have had many admirers in my life, Penn, but I have dissuaded them all, rejected them, cut them out of my heart. I love everyone in Gynt, of course, I have devoted my life to them. But I have also cut myself off from knowing a mother’s love, and now that my youth is fading, it hurts, Penn, it hurts like a mortal wound, and I will feel it unto death.

“I know how you and Madeleine feel about each other, Penn, and I cannot stand in your way. But please, Penn, we are all in danger, and I need Madeleine’s help. Don’t do anything to jeopardise our protection, Penn, be careful.”

This hit Penn hard. Madeleine did not want to become a priestess, she wanted to study, to learn, maybe to teach, or paint, or write. He had not considered how much Gynt needed her virginity intact, and, for the first time, he understood how much Tsanja’s sacrifice must have cost her

Tsanja embraced Penn, and kissed him on the cheek, and held him tight.

“It is love that will get us through this, Penn, it will not be forever. When we find the Lilith spawn, we can dispossess them, Madeleine, and I, and the Healers, we can cast them out. Life can be sweet again, Penn, don’t give up hope. I will keep my church, and my school, you shall marry Madeleine, if you want her. Madeleine will ensure that your lives will be full of scholarship and sophistication, and children, and all the blessings that the Trinity can bring.”

“When you are to be a husband, Penn, I will bless you, and Madeleine, and set your destiny in stone.”

Penn felt himself rising as Tsanja held him, but she did not seem to notice, and did not let him go. Blushing, he cursed himself silently. This was not the pure love that Tsanja had taught. Finally, as he made to move, she gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek and released him.

Her face betrayed nothing except her usual serene love and respect.

* * *

Penn, at home and in bed that night, was frustrated. He loved Madeleine so much, he wanted her, he thought that they were so close to the consummation of their desires. Now Tsanja had blocked him, stopped his fantasies dead with her adult talk of demons, of responsibility, of sacrifices, of that timeless virtue, virginity. Oh, Penn wanted Madeleine so much, but he could not!

Unable to sleep, and alone, he heard Madeleine whisper in his ear:

“Penn, Penn, Penn. Listen to me. If you hear me, say my name, three times.”

It was something magical!

“Penn, I am serious. Say my name three times, Penn, say it ...”

Penn was enraptured: he had seen very little magic in Gynt, but Madeleine had shown him a wonderful trick.

Penn whispered thrice as asked.

“Madeleine, I heard you. How are you doing it?”

Madeleine sounded pleased.

“Oh, Penn, I didn’t know if it would work or not. I’m so glad you can hear me. Any time you need to talk to me, Penn, just whisper my name three times.

The two of them chatted about the day, as if they were in the same room together, for a very long time. Finally, Madeleine said she had to go.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Penn

“It’s easy to turn off the magic, to say goodbye. I just need to say this:

“I love you, Penn”

Madeleine giggled.

Penn responded.

“I love you, Madeleine.”

He knew he meant it, but Madeleine saying such a thing, just to break the magical connection, seemed like a cheap trick. Maybe she just wanted him to make him say it. He wasn’t even sure if Madeleine had really meant it. In fact, he resented being forced to use that phrase as some kind of adolescent game. Maybe this is what Tsanja had meant, with her talk of fripperies. Maybe Madeleine was still just a girl, after all.