The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE MALE MIND

© by Mesmerr

Chapter Three

‘Billy!’ The hushed whisper of Shari’ seemed to explode in my ears, bringing me instantly up from the depths of a troubled sleep. Something or someone had been trying to give me a guilt trip over my attitude while I slept.

‘Billy! Wake up!’ Shari’s forced and urgent sounding whisper again drew me back as I was trying to think up a few choice words to yell at whoever was interfering with my usual great dreams. I blinked into the darkness and stared straight up at the empty bunk above me in the forward cabin. Shari’ and Bethy both slept opposite me. Bethy had the top bunk. Finally, the ply of the upper bunk above my head came dimly into view. As it did so, I felt Shari’s hand gently shake my shoulder.

‘Be quiet!’ She whispered emphatically into my ear. Her breath as warm and smelled of her favourite chocolate that she thought her mum didn’t know she kept stashed under Bethy’s bunk. I blinked again, several times, wondering what was wrong. Maybe we were sinking? I puzzled, and she didn’t know what to do? I rolled my head toward the sound of her whisper. Her mouth was almost in my face. She backed away a bit, then.

‘What’s wrong?’ I asked quietly. ‘The yacht?’

‘No! No! Nothing like that!’ Shari’ whispered. ‘I-I just... I just couldn’t sleep and I wanted to ask you about... about—’

‘Jesus, Shari’, what’s the fucking time?’ I asked softly, annoyance dripping from every word.

‘I don’t know,’ she shushed me. ‘Be quiet! It’s late. It’s dark. But I really want to—’

‘Fuck, Shari’!’ I cursed her. ‘You woke me up and it’s not an emergency? Ever heard of the stupid girl what played wolf?’

‘Don’t call me stupid!’ She exclaimed in an angry whisper. ‘I told you I’m not! Now don’t, or I’ll never talk to you again, Billy, I mean it! Never again!’

I really wanted to go back to sleep to try and pay out whoever had been mucking about with my usual dreamtime so I hate humble pie against my better nature. ‘Okay, okay! I’m sorry! You’re not stupid, okay?’

‘Okay,’ she said quietly. ‘And don’t ever call me that again.’

‘Don’t push it, Shari’,’ I told her quietly, with menace in my words. ‘You were the one who woke me up, remember?’

‘Okay, yes,’ she said, backing right down in her tone toward me. ‘Billy! I’ve been thinking and... what you said, about... you know, err... doing it, like you said. I can’t get to sleep and it’s your fault.’

‘You woke me up to go mad at me because you can’t sleep?’ I asked, almost in an incredulous talking voice.

‘Shhhhhhhh!’ She expelled forcefully into my face and squeezed my shoulder hard at the same time. It hurt. I was relaxed and not expecting it. ‘Well you shouldn’t have told me!’ She breathed urgently into my face. ‘Now I can’t sleep! Tell me, Billy! Please? Then I might sleep!’

‘Tell you?’ I asked, again sounding amazed, but quietly so. ‘Tell you? Tell you what?’

‘You know!’ Shari’ said urgently, squeezing my shoulder hard again. ‘Don’t, Billy! Please? I’ve can’t stop thinking about it. That’s why I can’t sleep! Remember?’

‘Jesus, Shari’!’ I groaned, rolling my head away from the smell of white chocolate, even though I liked it, too, just not regurgitated. Her fingers on my shoulder felt like steel as they squeezed hard. I rolled my head back to face her and breathed her chocolate in again. It was making me hungry.

‘Please, Billy!’ She implored me urgently, but in a forced whisper. I felt like she wanted to scream it at me. ‘I’ve-I’ve always wondered, you know? What it would be like when I-I... when it happened to me one day. Tell me. Please tell me so I know. Please?’

I had absolutely no idea why I was getting an erection, but I was. It was the last thing on my mind. The first thing was to ask her for some white chocolate. Her fingers bit into my shoulder again. ‘Don’t keep doing that, Shari’, it fucking hurts.’

‘Oh, sorry,’ she apologised and withdrew her claws. ‘Please, Billy?’ She begged me. ‘Please? I’ve just got to know now! It’s killing me! It really is! That’s why I can’t sleep. I want to know now! I want to know!’

Shari’ seemed really upset and so serious about the whole thing. Again, I regretted saying anything at all to her about it. I never intended telling anybody, let alone my own cousin, and a girl, at that. I propped myself up on my elbow and stared hard at her in the darkness, although now it seemed only semi-dark because my eyes had adjusted to the gloom of the forward cabin. She sat cross-legged beside my bunk wearing her usual pyjamas-white tank top and bikini panties. Her arms were now resting on her knees like a Buddha and her face was so serious, I could’ve almost burst out laughing at her. She must have read my mind then.

‘Don’t laugh at me, Billy!’ She huffed quietly, both her hands reaching for my shoulders to dig deeply as she stressed her point. ‘It’s all right for you, you’ve done it now! I haven’t yet! But I wa- I-I—’

‘Okay!’ I said, yielding against my better nature then watched her retract her hands and rest them on her knees again. ‘I wasn’t!’

‘Liar,’ she said softly, sounding miffed.

‘Lose the attitude, Shari’, or I won’t tell you a fucking thing,’ I told her bluntly. She glared at me in the semi-dark cabin for almost a minute, which was as long as it usually took her to change her mind to get what she wanted at the time.

‘Okay,’ she breathed with a quiet sigh. ‘But tell me now, or I won’t, ever!’

I stifled a deserved crack at her for the sake of peace and any possible future sleep that night. ‘What do you want to know?’

‘Billy!’ She huffed angrily. ‘You know! What you did! How you-I mean, what you... did it—’

‘You want to know all the sordid details?’ I asked her and put her out of her misery. She nodded in the dark at me. I sighed heavily and rolled off my elbow and over onto my back as I had been. My mind reached back to the day, or the night, as it was when it happened. My hands went behind my head, fingers interlocked as they always did when I was thinking. I heard Shari’ sigh impatiently, her little sign of telling me to hurry up. ‘No interruptions,’ I warned her, but I knew she would. She always did. She always tried to finish everybody’s sentences, too. We all hated it and always told her so.

‘No,’ she agreed in theory only, I knew. ‘I won’t. I promise.’

‘No matter what you hear or how it sounds?’ I asked.

‘No, I won’t! Please?’ She said. ‘Tell me! It’s so late!’

‘Really? I didn’t know that,’ I whispered sarcastically. ‘Okay,’ I finally agreed with another deep sigh, knowing her promises lasted as long as one of her deep breaths, but, it didn’t matter. We’d both watch the dawn come up if I didn’t get it over and done with. I began to think back, recalling the girl first, then the place and then the time and the events that led up to the loss of my virginity.

‘Billy! Please!’ Shari’ whispered urgently as if she had only three seconds to live.

‘Okay! Keep your fucking top on!’ I cursed her quietly, staring harder at the bottom of the bunk above my head in an effort to force my recall, not that I needed forcing. I thought about it often. It wasn’t that long ago.

‘Well, do it!’ She pressured. ‘It’s late!’

As if I didn’t fucking know that, I thought, noticing then that I no longer had an erection anymore. No fucking wonder, I concluded, then remembered the event that had been etched into my mind forever.

‘It was Anne Daley,’ I began. ‘She’s a girl at college who didn’t like me much at first, and even less after I changed my attitude from a boy to a male.’

‘You mean a “man”,’ Shari’ corrected me, already not able to help herself.

‘I mean a fucking “male”,’ I snapped quietly, not looking at her, ‘and you’ll learn about the difference if you shut up and stop interrupting and editing my fucking story for me!’

‘Oh,’ she said, suddenly very quietly, then, ‘but it’s so late, that’s all!’

‘Well, stop interrupting,’ I warned her again. ‘You promised, remember?’

‘Okay, okay!’

‘Okay. Well, anyway, the bottom line was that Anne didn’t go for me at all and when I changed the way I behaved, from a “boy” to a “male” she liked me even less than that. One day, I saw her by accident after one of my classes and decided to put her in her place. I’d heard she’d been saying things about me, like I was a real pig and things like that.’

‘Really? Was she? Why?’ Shari’ questioned me like a storm trooper.

‘Shari! I won’t tell you again!’ I snapped.

‘Sorry! Sorry! Go on, go on!’

‘She said those things because I spoke to her the way I spoke to you this afternoon, that’s why.’ I reminded her.

‘No wonder.’ Shari’ whispered under her breath.

‘Fuck off, Shari’, I’m tired.’

‘Okay! I’m sorry! Okay? I’m sorry!’ She apologised profusely to get what she wanted. ‘Go on, go on!’

‘Jesus!’ I cursed quietly under my breath, but loud enough for her to hear. How much should I tell her at once? I wondered, as everything came back to me as if it were happening all over again for real right then and there, so clear and vivid were those special memories. Immediately, I decided it was the right time for something new for Shari’ to really think about and get her teeth into. The moment I decided that, my erection began to return. It was time she knew exactly what was involved in the someday loss of her virginity and how to keep a male happy. I figured if I recounted the event of my virginity’s loss in lurid and exact detail, including the lead up to it, it would be easier for her when the time came. She was my first cousin. I should do everything in my power to make her transition to natural femalehood as smooth as possible for her. After all, what are cousins for?

‘Billy!’

‘Okay, okay,’ I said quickly. ‘Keep your damp knickers on.’

‘Billy! Don’t!’ She huffed angrily.

‘Jesus!’ I cursed under my breath, trying to concentrate and allow the memories to flow. ‘Well, as you know, I told you I behaved differently at college to when I was here on the yacht. I’d read a lot of books on human nature, the real human nature, Shari, and it was true. I felt it in my bones as a boy. From that moment on, I knew why people fought and didn’t get along in relationships-nobody knew the rightful place and behaviour of their gender. So I figured that as far as I was concerned, if I was going to be a male, and I wanted to be, I’d start acting they way I believed now, and I did.’

‘I know you’re different, Billy!’ Shari’ force-fed into my left ear urgently. ‘Tell me what you did! What the girl—’

‘Okay!’ I snapped. ‘Jesus! Anyway, I realised that all girls were different and that each of them learns at their own speed, and that includes you, but I figured if I was going to change any girls into females and help them get there I would have to set some sort of atmosphere around me at the time I was trying to do it. There is a part of the girl’s mind, the natural female part that will respond naturally upon recognising the manner and behaviour of a natural male.’

‘Billy! Please!’

‘Just shut the fuck up, Shari’!’ I snapped angrily, but quietly. ‘Or I won’t tell you a damn thing! Okay? Just shut up and stop interrupting!’

She huffed angrily, but remained silent, which was just as well. My own experience was that even if I was ready to try something new, I wasn’t sure what was involved, what I could expect, or if I would freak them all out, even if I was acting like a real male.’

I paused to try and remember my reasoning at that early stage then I went on, staring at the bunk above my head. ‘Anyway, in the end, I decided that I’d know what to say and how to behave when the time was right because it would feel right and if I did it right then the female inside their woman or girls mind would recognise me for who I really am, a male, and then respond like a natural feeling female and not a thinking woman.’

I was acutely aware suddenly of Shari’s silence. It was deafening. I sighed heavily and continued on.

‘A natural male, Shari’, is supposed to be dominant. He doesn’t know why, I don’t know why, but that’s just how I feel and I can’t explain it. Not only that, a natural female wants us males to be just that way, so they can respond to us naturally and submissively, as nature intended, with feelings and not thoughts of pride or whatever. That way, there aren’t any chances for misinterpretations or mistakes or fights or arguments. Everyone knows their rightful place according to nature.’

‘Submissive?’ Shari gasped then scoffed. ‘I’m supposed to be a natural submissive? Billy, please. Give me a break.’

‘Don’t be a smart-ass. I’m getting there. Just be patient.’ I told her with a warning tone. I was teasing her in a way, I guess, but it seemed important to me for some reason that she understand my thoughts at the time. ‘So, I had to communicate my attitude verbally and behaviourally, with body language, that I was a male, before the thinking woman in Anne Daley’s mind had a chance to argue. As I said earlier, I’d had enough of her calling me names that I felt I didn’t deserve, and communicate doesn’t always mean talking.’

‘It doesn’t?’ Shari’ queried quietly. ’ ‘No,’ I said, ‘it doesn’t. Now I communicate with girls in a lot of different ways. Anne wasn’t ready for me as a thinking girl or a woman, but her female was. All the books I’d read had been right. Her female recognised me, although it didn’t seem like it at first.’

‘Why not?’ Shari’ asked softly, sounding curious now.

‘Shock, probably,’ I said. ‘I don’t think she’d ever met a natural male before. I don’t think many girls or women have, actually.’

‘Really?’

‘Yes, really, but when her female did, it was only a matter of time before the screaming and moaning began for real, mine as well when her nails scratched down my back?’

‘Billy!’ Shari gasped. No! Really?’

‘Yes, really. As I said, her female recognised me even if her girl or woman didn’t. So it wasn’t a mater of if I’d fuck her, but when.’ I grinned, recalling the certainty I felt at the time as if it was yesterday.

‘Billy!’

‘Well, that was how I felt at the time, that’s all.’ I told her truthfully, ‘but she got scared or frightened at first because her thinking mind didn’t know what to expect from a male, that’s all, but her feeling female mind did, that’s for sure.’

‘Billy!’

‘Well, she did,’ I chuckled. ‘Now, she would be any other way, but a natural feeling female, at least when she’s with me.’

‘Billy! Really?’

‘Yes. Really. That’s how it is when you stop thinking like a girl or a woman as you learned to do and start feeling like you were supposed to do, according to mother nature.’

‘Oh.’ Shari said quietly, as if she was thinking about something else.

‘Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it, and when you do, you won’t, believe me, you won’t. You’ll be having too much fun.’

‘Billy!’

‘Well, you will, and remember, you wanted to hear this, now shut up.’

‘Okay,’ she said quietly.

‘Something new can be fun, even if it is strange and a little painful at the same time.’ I told her, looking above my head.

‘Painful?’

‘Not too,’ I said.

‘Oh.’

‘It’s more a fear of the unknown, I reckon,’ I told her, recalling the look on Anne’s face when I first seriously on her as a male. ‘Believe me, when she had her legs in the air and my cock in her tight little virgin cunt, she was gibbering like an idiot, her orgasms were so strong. She didn’t feel any pain at all, she told me later.’

‘Oh, Billy! Really? No pain?’ Shari’ questioned, first sounding shocked then sounding a little relieved.

‘No pain,’ I reassured her, ‘only gain.’

‘Oh.’

‘Stop interrupting or I’ll never get finished. Then you’ll be too old to fuck,’ I chuckled.

‘Billy!’ She shushed me strongly.

‘Anyway,’ I continued, ‘I just got right into her from the word go, verbally. And that was before I even knew what BDSM was.’

‘BDSM?’ Shari’ queried. I had one advantage. Shari’ had never used the Internet. Her dad didn’t have the facility on the yacht. She had no idea of the information that was freely available to the rest of the world.

‘The feeling a natural female gets when she’s confronted by a natural male.’ I told her. ‘She has a real natural need to be his slave, even if she doesn’t particularly like him.’

‘What?’ Shari’ said in a normal tone of voice then shushed herself. ‘Oh! What? A slave? She wanted to be his slave? And she doesn’t like him? I don’t believe you!’

‘Then fuck off and try to go to sleep then,’ I told her firmly. I didn’t care one way or the other. It was fun remembering why I’m like I am now.

‘Billy! Don’t!’

‘Then shut up and listen. You might just learn something of value.’

I heard her draw breath to say something, but it never arrived. She was lucky. Then she did.

‘What do you mean, “slave”?’ She asked quietly.

‘Well, the dictionary defines “slave” as being a captive person without freedom or personal rights, and within the world of BDSM, it’s unlikely that a slave will be a real captive, but the rest of the definition is true to some degree.’

‘Really?’

‘Yes.’ I told her. ‘Really. What does the word, “slave,” mean to you? What behaviour would you expect to show if you were a slave? And remember, a closed mind is not healthy for accepting, new knowledge.’

Suddenly given my permission to say something, Shari’ now seemed stuck for words. Then she wasn’t.

‘Well,’ she began slowly and quietly, ‘I suppose being a slave means that I would be owned. That someone would take care of me and love me, but make all the decisions about everything.’

I wondered then if she knew more about the Internet than I thought. ‘You’re on the right track,’ I said. ‘Good girl.’

Shari let out a little nervous giggle, probably more from embarrassment at being praised by me than abused, I figured. ‘What else?’ I asked, interested to find out how much she knew on the subject.

‘Well, I think slavery is non-consensual,’ she said, impressing me a little more. ‘But I still think a slave should have rights.’

‘Rights?’ I queried with a chuckle. ‘Do you know that in the Old Testament of the Bible it talks of two types of slaves, the bond slaves that are usually bonded over to repay a debt, and the love slave?’

‘The “love” slave?’ Shari queried, sounding amazed. ‘In the bible?’

‘Yes,’ I said, ‘in the Bible. When a slave was so interested in her master that she wanted to stay a slave in servitude with him for the rest of her life, she said so in public and was known by everyone as a “love” slave, and she had one ear pierced so everyone would know.’

‘Really? Wow!’ Shari said softly, but with feeling. ‘Master? She had a master?’

‘Yes,’ I said. ‘That’s what all this is about, the relationship between master and slave, between me and Annie Daley.’

‘You and Annie Daley?’ She echoed beside my face as she leaned in close. ‘Billy! No! Really? She was your “love” slave? And you were her “master”?’

‘Yes,’ I said with a smile, remembering all clearly now. My erection grew to match my excitement and it had nothing to do with my cousin sitting cross-legged beside my bed in her underwear in the middle of the night, either.

‘Oh, god, Billy!’ She exclaimed quietly. ‘Oh, god! You’ve got a slave? You’re a master? Oh, Jesus!’

My little chest swelled with pride. I didn’t have Annie any more, of course, but I figured I could have if I wanted her, but I didn’t. I’d moved on to bigger and better things since she’d come and gone from my sex life.

‘But does the love slave have rights?’ She asked suddenly.

‘No slave has any rights,’ I told her, ‘but if they’re good slaves they don’t need any. Their master takes too good a care of them twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.’

‘Really?’ She exclaimed amazed. ‘All the time, then?’

‘Yes, all the time, night and day, day and night,’ I affirmed. ‘It’s a real loving commitment, believe me.’

‘Wow!’ Shari’ hushed. ‘A love slave.’ She sounded, just a Alice in Wonderland. I grinned. She was on a learning curve, all right.

‘Yes, a love slave, which is a natural feeling female, not a girl or a thinking woman, that has chosen to commit themselves to one male, one master. They offer their complete submission and it’s up to their master whether he accepts it or not from them.’

‘He’d refuse it?’ Shari queried, again sounding amazed that any guy would that didn’t have rocks in his head.

‘Yes,’ I told her. ‘Just because you’ve got a pretty cunt and you’re offering it to some male for free doesn’t mean that he will want you for a permanent slave.’

‘Why not?’ She asked sounding miffed. ‘And don’t swear like that in front of me! I don’t like it.’

‘I don’t give a flying fuck what you like or don’t like!’ I snapped at her quietly. ‘You asked for the story and you’re getting it. If you don’t want to hear the truth then fuck off, like I told you to before. In fact, if you were my slave right now I’d fucking well punish you for being the way you are with me.’

I heard her gasp before she drew breath again to speak.

‘Punish me?’ She exclaimed, shocked to the core. ‘Punish me? What for? Why would you do that?’

‘Because you fucking-well deserve it,’ I told her gruffly, ‘That’s why, you stupid girl.’

‘Billy! Don’t! You promised!’

‘Well, shut up and listen,’ I snapped, angry now, a little. ‘Slaves and submissives get flogged, spanked, punished, disciplined, toilet duties, house duties, whipped, humiliated, even slutted. I could go on and on with more, but I think you get the point. You do the crime and you do the time, usually in shackles and a leather collar.’

‘Whipped?’ Shari croaked hoarsely, aghast while I grinned silently. ‘Slutted?’

‘Yes, so listen and learn. You wouldn’t like to be punished for being disobedient, would you?’ I asked her while she was off balance and stunned with information overload.

‘No! Billy!’ She said aghast, leaning right into my ear and clutching my shoulder as if she was frightened for her life suddenly. ‘You wouldn’t! Would you? You couldn’t! Mum and Dad would know! Jesus, Billy! You can’t! No!’

‘Jesus, Shari, shut up, will you? Just listen, for Christ’s sake!’

‘God, Billy!’ She moaned in a whisper. ‘Slutted?’

It was then that I wondered if she knew what the word meant. I thought she had an idea, but that was all.

‘Shari’,’ I said, ‘once a girl chooses to become a slave to her master, it means that she’s then just his property, to be used in any way he wants to, for anything, including hard work, without rights, or even used solely as his property to be bought sold or traded.’

‘What?’ Shari’ gasped, shocked again to the core. ‘Traded? Like property? Bought and sold? Like a yacht?’

‘Yes, exactly,’ I told her quietly, ‘but in return, she never has to make one single decision about anything in her life, or worry about a single thing, either.’

‘Oh, Billy!’ She gasped. ‘This is terrible! Tell me you’re making it up, Tell me!’

‘I’m not and you know it, or rather, you can feel I’m not, can’t you? The truth now.’

She was quiet for almost a full minutes. ‘Yes,’ she said softly. ‘You are telling the truth. Oh, god, Billy! That’s terrible!’

‘The slaves don’t think so,’ I told her. They think it’s just great. Annie Daley did.’

‘Really? Did she? Why?’ Shari’ asked amazed. ‘Did you-did you... punish her?’

‘Yes,’ I told her. ‘But she wanted me to, in the end.’

‘She wanted you to?’ Shari’ gasped. ‘To punish her?’

‘Yes, that’s what happens. Girls change into natural feeling females, loving females, and they never get punished, not the smart ones, at any rate,’ I told her.

‘Oh, Billy! I can’t believe all this! I know I have to, but... oh, Billy! I don’t want to! Really! I don’t!’

‘You’ll change your mind,’ I told her. ‘If you don’t, you’ll end up with a thinking man for a husband. Then you’ll be fucked and unhappy for the rest of your life,’ I told her. ‘You may as well be fucked and be happy, don’t you think?’

‘’Billy!’

‘Well, wouldn’t you?’ I pressed.

‘I-I-oh, Billy! I don’t know what to think! This is so strange!’

‘You’ll get used to it, as I said. If you don’t, you won’t have any sort of happy life, that’s all, and you wouldn’t want that, would you?’

‘No, but—’

‘There you go then,’ I told her, shutting her up. ‘Be quiet now and listen. Okay?’

‘Okay,’ she answered quietly after a minute or so

‘Besides,’ I said, ‘if you’re always found pleasing by your master or any male, for that matter, none of those things will ever happen to you. That would be the way to go, wouldn’t it?’

‘Yes,’ She whispered quickly, ‘I guess so.’

‘Punishment is the penalty for displeasing a male,’ I told her seriously because it’s what I now believed. ‘Displeasing a dominant male is the one thing no slave ever wants to do.’

‘No,’ Shari’ agreed in an almost silent whisper. ‘She wouldn’t, would she?’

‘Actually, I enjoyed spanking Annie,’ I told her with a chuckle, recalling the first time I had. She did, too.’

‘Really? You spanked her? On the bu-on the backside?’

‘Yep, right on the bare ass, both of them,’ I chuckled again.

‘Oh, Billy!’ Shari’s hushed close to my face. ‘How could you?’

‘She deserved it by displeasing me and she asked to be puni9shed. It was that simple.’ I said.

‘She asked to be spanked? Really? I don’t believe it.’

‘I don’t care what you believe.’ I told her bluntly. ‘If you want to stay a stupid thinking girl all your life, that’s your problem, I don’t care one bit. It’s your life, not mine.’

‘I’m not a stupid girl!’ She hissed quietly at me.’

‘Then stop acting like one and listen,’ I told her angrily then she went quiet, very quiet.

‘I enjoy spanking girls and using straps on their backsides,’ I said then, the memories of other girls rushing back at the thought of it, ‘and they do, too, just as much as me. It’s a lifestyle, believe me, Shari’, and it’s one that I’ll never change for me, at any rate. It’s too fulfilling and too loving.’

She never said a word. I turned to look at her, doubting if she’d gone to sleep. Even in the dark I could see the serious look on her face. Something else was there as well, but in the dark I couldn’t figure out what it was. She just sat there staring at me, not blinking.

‘Do something wrong or be found displeasing in any way by a male and be punished. That’s the only rule,’ I told her to her face that still hadn’t moved or blinked. I glanced down at her breasts and saw they were moving gently up and own so I knew I hadn’t frightened her to death at three or so in the morning.

‘On the other hand, the master/slave relationship and the punishment is just a way of showing the other who is in charge.’

Still she hadn’t moved or spoken. I rolled my head back and stared up at the bunk above my face. ‘A good match between master and slave, in fact, is when a slave wants to be spanked as much as her master wants to spank her.’

Listening carefully, I could hear her breathing, but that was all. ‘I find giving punishment as an arousing thing, sexually,’ I said then, ‘the girls do, too, they tell me afterwards. And one of the worst punishments is to be ignored by a male or your master.’

She was still as quiet as a church mouse, but she was breathing so AI wasn’t worried at all. Then suddenly, Shari’ spoke, and in a curious tone of whisper.

‘But Billy, if punishment is arousing, how can it be punishment? It wouldn’t be then, would it?’

‘Now you’re getting it,’ I grinned without looking at her, but relieved she’d spoken at last.

‘Then why do they do it?’ She asked, again in a seriously quiet whisper.

‘Silly girl,’ I chuckled. Why do you think? Because they like it and it gives them erotic pleasure of a different kind, an amazing kind.’

‘They get turned on sexually from being spanked or flogged?’ Shari asked, incredulous of tone.

‘Yes,’ I said, ‘they do.’ Then she went quiet again. I didn’t look at her.

‘So it’s all about pleasure? Sex-sexual pleasure?’ She asked suddenly, quietly.

‘Exactly,’ I said. ‘And the feeling of being loved and of loving in a very, very strong way. ‘Actually, pleasure and pain are both the same, just different sensations,’ I added. Sometimes, Annie and some of the other female slaves did things to actually get punished. What do you think of that?’

Silence was her only answer, so I didn’t look at her.

‘We do things like that simply because we enjoy them,’ I told her, ’ and because they’re sexually arousing, of course, in a very strong way. Pain is just a way of the body letting you know you’re alive.’

Suddenly, Shari stood up beside my bunk. ‘I’m going to bed now, Billy,’ she said quietly and was gone. I turned to look at her rolling into the bottom bunk opposite me then looked up at Bethy’s bunk when I saw the blanket move, as if she’d suddenly rolled over to a new position. I recalled then hearing the same rustling sound several times while Shari’ and I had been talking and now wondered if we’d woken her up. Maybe she’d been listening to everything we’d said? Surprised in a little way, but yawning myself, I rolled over and knew no more until I heard the breakfast ring go off like a loud church bell, or it seemed that way to me, anyway.