The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE MALE MIND

© by Mesmerr

Chapter Four

Shari’ looked as if she could do with a good night’s sleep, I thought, and strangely, so did Bethy. I knew I could. We all sat around the table in the saloon eating breakfast. Bethy and Shari’ ate in silence with their heads bowed to their cereal while I tried to smile at my aunt whenever she glanced my way, which seemed to be more than normal. I felt a bit funny.

‘Coming with us today, everyone?’ My uncle asked, chewing on a mouthful of bacon and eggs.

‘Maybe later,’ I said, hoping to go back to bed after breakfast and maybe catch up on my lost sleep.

‘Girls?’ My uncle then asked to the top of their heads.

‘Bethy looked up and shook her head. ‘I didn’t sleep well last night. Maybe tomorrow, okay, Dad?’

‘Sure, baby,’ my uncle answered then looked at the top of Shari’s head. ‘What about you, Sharon?’ Her head shook. She didn’t look up.

‘I didn’t sleep well, either,’ she replied quietly.

‘Didn’t anybody sleep well last night?’ He asked.

‘I did,’ my aunt smiled, turning to look directly into my uncle’s eyes. Then her smile disappeared in the silence acknowledgement of some secret between them. It was so obvious. My aunt then look squarely at me. Inside, I cringed under that look. I always had. She could be very bossy and hard, at times. I’d seen her change my uncle’s mind about things on many occasions with that look.

‘What about you, Billy?’ She asked me, her eyes not blinking once. ‘How did you sleep?’

‘Not very well.’ I replied. ‘I think the girls talking in their sleep woke me up a few times.

‘I don’t talk in my sleep!’ Shari’ snapped quietly, but did not look up from her breakfast plate.

‘Only kidding.’ I said quickly. I didn’t want to stir her up. She was a bit of a loose cannon when she was tired.

‘I don’t, either.’ Bethy then said beneath her breath. Then she added, ‘but I listen.’

‘See?’ I said quickly, trying to move away from what Bethy just said. ‘Shari does talk in her sleep. I thought I heard someone talking.’

‘I don’t!’ Shari’ snapped, looking up to glare daggers at me. Then she stood up and walked quickly to her cabin.

‘Sorry.’ I said quickly, looking at my aunt apologetically. She just looked at me and then after Shari, and then she looked squarely back at me. Then she looked at my uncle who was just sitting there looking at all of us, one after the other. Then he smiled and brushed the whole thing aside for the sake of peace, which he did often whenever he couldn’t see a happy resolution coming immediately.

‘Maybe it’s just a bad time for her?’ He asked my aunt. She shrugged, raising her eyebrows.

‘I don’t think so,’ she answered, eyeing me in a strange way. Then she slowly looked toward the forward cabin for a few seconds before once more looking at me and then at her breakfast in front of her. ‘I’ll talk to her,’ she said, then began finishing her breakfast.

‘Good idea,’ my uncle said, following suit. ‘See if you can get her to come. She can work the video while we do some action shots together.

‘Okay,’ my uncle replied. I always felt for him whenever he just accepted whatever my aunt told him about something without pushing his own agenda. I often wondered who actually wore the pants, he or she. I loved them both, but knew how strong a woman my aunt was whenever she wanted to be or had a need to be. Not that my uncle was weak, he wasn’t. He just lived his life for the sake of peace, most of the time. In fact, I had rarely ever seen him lose his temper at all.

‘Bethy finished her cornflakes and stood up then took her dish to the sink. I followed suit then walked up on deck to stretch my legs before going back to bed. I didn’t want to go there while Shari’ was in the cabin. In fact, I had been hoping she would have agreed to go to the island with them. I’d had enough of her for the time being. I was sitting on the deck rail when my aunt suddenly materialised beside me. I almost flinched, but somehow managed to hold it. Instead, I smiled weakly.

‘I’m sorry.’ I apologised again. ‘I don’t mean to stir her up.’ Then I grinned sheepishly. ‘I just can’t help it.’

My aunt frowned. ‘Billy,’ she said seriously. Inside I tensed as if waiting to be hit. ‘What’s wrong with Sharon? She hasn’t been herself the last twenty-four hours.’

‘I don’t know.’ I shrugged, looking out to sea, then added without thinking, ‘Maybe it’s the wrong time of the month?’

‘Billy!’ My aunt said firmly. My statement had surprised her. It had surprised me, too. She was then quiet for a few seconds. ‘It’s not,’ she said then. ‘I know it’s not. I’d know if it was’

I shrugged again, not game to look at her, but very aware of her standing beside me while I gazed out to sea.

‘Did anything happen yesterday while we were on the island?’ She asked quietly. ‘You can tell me, you know, if anything did.’

For some reason I turned and looked directly into my aunt’s face and eyes. I didn’t know why. It’s not something I would have normally done or felt like doing right then. In fact, I felt like diving over the side to get away from her piercing eyes. Gazing right at her, I said, ‘Like what?’

She blinked as if I’d smacked her in the face with a wet fish. ‘What?’

‘Like what?’ I repeated firmly, just holding her gaze evenly, but not arrogantly.

‘Well... err, well, like-like... you know, anything that wasn’t supposed to’

‘Like what?’ I repeated quietly, still holding her gaze, but in as innocent a way as I could feel. She just stared at me. Then her eyes hardened and her mouth set. Inside, I flinched again, waiting for the onslaught. I’d felt it before. It wasn’t pretty when she berated me.

‘You’ve changed, Billy,’ she said, surprising me instead of berating me. ‘And I don’t think it’s for the better, either. Your uncle can deal with you later.’ Then she turned slowly and walked back down below deck, leaving me to contemplate the fate she would tell my uncle to handle on her behalf.

I sighed deeply, wondering how much trouble I might be in by the time she’d finished telling my uncle whatever she planned on telling him.

‘Now we’re both in trouble.’ I heard suddenly beside me. It was Shari’ I turned to look at her. She really did look as if she needed sleep. Small dark circles were rounding the bottoms of each of her pretty eyes.

‘If we are,’ I told her harshly, ‘it’s because of you, you stupid girl. Can’t even control your moods.’

‘Don’t call me that!’ She snapped angrily.

‘Fuck off, Shari’.’ I said quietly, then turned back to looking at the ocean.

‘Don’t talk to me like that, Billy, please?’ She said, then began to cry softly. It worked again as it had for as long as she’d been doing it.

‘I’m sorry, Shari’.’ I apologised sincerely. ‘But you have to admit, none of this would be even happening if you’d have just behaved normally at breakfast and not gotten so upset about talking in your sleep.’

‘I don’t talk in my sleep!’ She snapped in between gentle sniffs. ‘I heard mum and dad talking about you. Dad is going to speak to you before they go over to the island.

‘Great.’ I said quietly. ‘Why don’t you go with them. Might ease the tension a bit.’

‘Because I don’t feel like it, Billy,’ she said, getting herself together now. ‘I’m tired and irritable and... and...an—’

‘Horny?’ I finished for her without thinking.

‘Billy!’

‘Truth or lies again?’ I prompted her.

‘I really don’t like you, Billy! Not one bit!’ She snapped, then turned and stormed angrily back down to the stern of the yacht to look out to sea by herself.

I sighed and turned to look out at the same sea, but from the opposite end of the yacht, mentally noting that I was definitely not finding my first cousin pleasing at all of late. Pleasing is as pleasing does, I thought then. The traits that are pleasing or desirable in a female might vary widely. There were, however, I figured, a few traits that I probably desired above others, no matter if the relationship was with my cousin or somebody not related to me. Suddenly, in the far off distance I saw a pod of dolphins playing, flying up from the water to splash back down again in sparkling glistening Technicolor, and, for the next five minutes, their antics held my attention entirely. They were beautiful.

‘Aren’t they beautiful!’ Sounded Bethy’s voice beside me.

‘Absolutely.’ I answered, not turning away from the sight of the numerous splashings. To anyone who has not seen dolphins in the wild from the deck of a yacht, and whales, too, for that matter, I would tell them all to go cruising. The sights you see are sometimes amazing and almost always unexpected, which only seems to make them even more so. ‘Are you going to the island?’ I asked her, still not looking at her.

‘No,’ Bethy answered with a sigh, but very quietly. ‘I want to...—I want to hear the rest of your story.’

Inside, I tensed, knowing now that I had been right after all. She had been awake the whole time, listening to whatever I had been telling Shari’. I turned and looked at her. She was blushing and looked quickly at the deck.

‘Bethy,’ I said quietly, as if I had caught her doing something wrong. She looked up at me with a cheeky, but shy grin on her still-embarrassed face and features.

‘Well?’ She defended herself with a very coy smile. ‘You two shouldn’t talk so loud. You woke me up. Then I just had to listen, didn’t I? Where could I go?’

‘Learn anything?’ I grinned, still full of emotion for her, my favourite first cousin of the moment.

‘I don’t believe any of it, Billy,’ she said, grinned shyly at me for a few seconds before looking back at where the dolphins had been playing. They’d gone now. ‘I think you’re just playing with Shari to annoy her, aren’t you?’

‘Okay.’ Was all I said, then turned and gazed back out to sea. Silence reigned supreme for a few minutes until she could stand it no longer.

‘Well?’

‘Well, what?’ I said, not looking at her.

‘Was it true or not?”

‘Yes.’ I said quietly. ‘All true.’

‘I don’t believe you, Billy. You’ve changed. You’re just annoying Shari’.’

‘Fuck off, Bethy.’ I said quietly, but meant it, for no other reason that I didn’t like being called a liar.

‘Wha-what?’ She gasped beside me. I had never spoken to her roughly, ever.

‘I said, fuck off.’ I told her. The silence between us grew thick and heavy. Then the guilt set in. I turned to apologised for the sake of peace, like my uncle always did to my aunt, only Bethy had gone. Then the guilt really set in and I didn’t like it one bit. I began to get angry then with Bethy for making me talk to her that way and looked up to see her and Shari’ both standing side by side, talking and looking out to sea and at me occasionally.

I shook my head, knowing from past experience that, together, they were unbeatable, if that was what they intended to do. Then I grinned at Bethy’s naiveté. It was so honest and so sincere, and, it was so beautiful to me to have seen it in her embarrassment. I caught Shari’s eye when she turned her face and looked my way. Her gaze smouldered at me from the other end of the yacht. I grinned back at her and she turned quickly away.

Well, I thought. If they want to stay together, they can, all day long. I went below then and asked my uncle and aunt if I could go with them to the island, telling them I’d hold the video camera while they posed in their action shots we could all laugh about later when on the move to another place. They were pleased, although my aunt still looked at me in a strange way, but said nothing to add to the look.