The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Marilyn’s Inheritance chapter 5

Denis went to the door and as he opened it, a very attractive woman was being helped out of the car by William. He was carrying a shopping bag in on hand and helping his wife with the other. After William closed the car door, he guided his wife towards Denis.

Denis guided William and Kathrin into the lounge where Marilyn and Charlotte were sitting. William said, “Marilyn, this is my wife Kathrin and this Kathrin is my cousin Marilyn and her two colleagues Denis and Charlotte.” Marilyn said, “It was nice of you to come Kathrin, William thought you might have has a prior engagement.” Kathrin replied, “I did have an engagement tonight but William insisted I came.” Marilyn asked, “So we have you here against your will, is that how you see it.” Kathrin replied, “Yes that is exactly how I see it, I have heard much about you and your grandmother and I would prefer to be anywhere else.”

Marilyn said, “Well now that you are here, we should make you welcome. Moreover, as you came here against your will, you should leave here with no will. From this moment on you cannot lie, you may only speak the truth. You will also do whatever anyone here tells you to do and you will become what we want you to become. Now forget that we have had this conversation we have only just been introduced.”

Marilyn asked, “William did you bring a change of clothes for Kathrin?” William replied, “Yes I called at Frank’s and bought a change of clothing.” Kathrin said, “What are you both talking about. William, I told you earlier I did not want to come here I was going out with my boyfriend. Why did I say that?” William asked, “Tell me who, is your boyfriend, and what are your intentions regarding him.” Kathrin replied, “It is Adrian Sampson from your Garage and we are planning on marrying after I get my divorce from you.” William continued, “Well it’s a good job, Marilyn has returned home when she did, Please take off all your clothes, including your underwear and when you are naked you will forget undressing and see yourself as dressed.”

Kathrin undressed, shedding all her clothing onto the floor in a pile. As the last item hit the pile, Charlotte picked them all up and took them out to the kitchen, placing them all in the waste bin.

Charlotte returned to the lounge as William said, “Kathrin, what do, you do to Adrian when you see him.” Kathrin replied, “Everything I deny you.” William continued, “Kathrin, please show me what you do with Adrian and use Denis here, as your man.”

Marilyn said, “Rather than use Denis, why don’t you pretend to be Adrian for fifteen minutes or so.” William said, “Kathrin you will see and sense me as Adrian until dinner is served. Now come here and give me a blow job.” Kathrin performed her blow Job with glee and swallowed all his sperm fluid. Charlotte left the room to make the dinner after asking how each person would like their steak cooked. Kathrin had told Charlotte that she was vegetarian and would not eat steak. William then told her she was not a vegetarian and would eat a rare steak and love it.”

William told Kathrin to dress in the clothing he had brought and as Kathrin opened the bag, she screamed shouting, “I am not wearing these obscene fetish garments.” William continued, “You will remove, “I am not or I will not” from your memory, anything you are told to do, is what you want to do, so put them on.”

Kathrin started dressing in the latex apparel that William had brought; she started with a long line bra and pair of crutch less panties. The next item out of the bag was a corset in shocking pink. William and Marilyn helped to tighten the strings. When it was fastened tightly, Kathrin’s waist was down to twenty-four inches. The next item out of the bag was a bondage cat suit; it had attached boots, gloves, and hood. There was a zip through the crutch, which went all the way up the back. Kathrin opened the back zip and slipped her feet into the legs of the suit. As she pushed her feet into the boots, she wanted to say something but she could not remember the words. William helped her to pull it up and then feed her hands into the arms and through into the gloves. He then pulled the zip up the back closing her into the suite and lastly pulled the hood over her head and closed that zip pulling the two zip pulls together. The hood had three holes on the front two eyeholes and a large hole around her nose and mouth.

William had bought a small lock to secure the suit on, but before he could find it in the bag, Marilyn whispered a long complex incantation. The zip on the hood and back disappeared, the latex in contact with her skin changed to be the same as Marilyn’s mackintosh. As the latex flowed over her breasts or crutch, Marilyn had ensured that her arousal would grow. Marilyn also made it impossible for her to orgasm unless she was having sex with William.

William pulled a chastity belt from the bag and a latex coat. The belt was equipped with two dildos and William undid the crutch zip and fitted the belt. This he did lock on with a small padlock. He then pulled the coat over the top to hide the belt. As he closed the front, seem on the coat, the seam behind him sealed permanently. Marilyn then said another incantation and all the latex disappeared and visually became a shinny tube top and a PVC miniskirt together with a pair of white high heel shoes.

Charlotte came in and said, “Diner will be severs in two minutes, would you all please find your way to the dining room and take your seats. Kathrin seeing William said, “Where did Adrian go, I need him.” William replied, “The only person you will ever need is me, you are my wife and my sextoy forever.”

Kathrin said, “Why do I feel as if my ass and pussy are full and that I have something on my head.” As they all sat down, Marilyn said, “Kathrin, all you can consciously feel is what you eye’s are seeing, however the stimulation you receive from the latex clothing and your belt will multiply your sexual needs five times.”

Kathrin appealed to William, “Please William, why have you brought me here, every time your cousin says something, my reality changes.” William replied, “You have seen nothing yet, your affair with Adrian has coursed me a lot of heart ache, and it’s time for some payback.”

Charlotte brought in the food on the plates and placed the appropriate cooked steak in front of the appropriate person. She brought the last plate out of the kitchen, sat down in front of it, and then said, “Have I missed anything.” Denis replied, “You missed a little of Kathrin’s conversion into William’s sextoy.” Kathrin said, “I still don’t understand what has happened.” William replied, “It will come to you, sometime later tonight my love.”

The meal continued with light conversation, William eventually asked if Marilyn could help regarding Adrian. Marilyn asked if he wants Adrian to remain on the team and William replied that if it was as all possible he would like to keep Adrian on the team just cut his wings a bit. Marilyn told him that if the cover note for the car insurance arrives in the morning, Denis would tax the car and then they had a number of errands to accomplish. William said, “If the cover note doesn’t come, let me know, and I will lend you a car.”

Marilyn thanked him as Charlotte cleared the dirty crockery and brought in the dessert. Every time Kathrin moved food, form her plate to her mouth, the latex over her breasts moved and her arousal was given a jolt, by the end of the meal, she was panting with rapid shallow breaths. William thanked Charlotte for the lovely meal and Marilyn for her help in taming Kathrin.” After they had departed, Charlotte asked, “Will she ever take that cat suit off.” Marilyn replied, “Not for at least twenty years and then she will not want to.”

They all moved to the kitchen and helped to clean and wash up. When the kitchen was spotless, Marilyn said, “I am going to bed, when I wake up I want one of you in my bed, I’ll let you decide between you, which one. Good night.”

Charlotte said, “How does Denis change the appearance of his clothing?” Marilyn said, “Denis cannot, but you can, it works the same as your mackintosh, but you and only you talk to his jeans.” Charlotte kissed Marilyn and said, “Thank you, it will be me.”

Marilyn was soon in bed and soon asleep. Charlotte changed Denis’s clothes to be latex pyjamas and changed her dress into a latex nightie before they make love for over an hour.

Next morning Charlotte snuck out of bed early and slipped downstairs and into Marilyn’s bedroom. Marilyn was still asleep so Charlotte crept in beside her and snuggled down. Charlotte lay beside Marilyn thinking, last night Denis had asked her to marry him, and in the heat of the moment, she had said, yes. Now in the coolness of the morning she was not sure what Marilyn would say. She loved Marilyn as much as Denis and did not want to spoil anything. As Marilyn’s breathing changed, Charlotte slipped down the bed and came up again in between Marilyn’s legs. He tongue went to work as Marilyn started to wake.

After bringing Marilyn to four orgasms, Charlotte squirmed up the bed into Marilyn’s arms and said, “I love you so much mistress and I don’t want anything to change, but last night Denis asked me to marry him and I said yes. I hope you will not be upset.” Marilyn kissed her and then replied, “Don’t worry I will not allow anything to change, I already gave Denis permission for him to ask you. Having a male and female sharing a room in this house would eventually cause some concerns in others, it will be much simpler if you are married. However, you will both be sharing my bed from time to time. Let us, get up and have breakfast we have a lot to do today.

Denis met them in the kitchen with the post in his hand, there were four letters, and one was from the insurance company. Marilyn told him to open it and he confirmed that the cover note had been provided. Denis said, “The post office in Lynworth did road tax licences, so he would go there straight after breakfast, providing Charlotte changed my clothes. Charlotte changed his pyjamas into a long sleeved shirt and a pair of slacks.

The girls had diced mixed fruit and yogurt dribbled with honey and Denis had two weetabix. They all had a mug of coffee and as Charlotte and Marilyn cleared away, Denis set off for the Post Office. He walked the two miles and arrived just as the door was opened. Being first in the queue, he quickly filled in the form and handed over all the documents and a cheque. The post office clerk checked the documentation and handed over the tax disc and the returned documents.

Denis returned as quickly as he could to the house, and after getting to car out of the garage, he placed the tax disc on the inside of the windscreen in the existing holder. Taking the MOT and Insurance documents back into the house, he told Marilyn that they were now mobile. Marilyn called out to Charlotte and told her it was time to go and told Denis that the first port of call was Frank’s shop.

Marilyn and Charlotte sat on the luxurious leather rear seat as Denis drove them to Frank’s factory and shop. When Denis parked the car in the small car park beside two other cars, Marilyn said, “You two stay here, I won’t be long.” She exited the car and walked into the shop, there were four other customers in the shop all ready, and Marilyn recognised Daryl Winthrop, one of the boys from her year in high school. He was trying to persuade his girl friend to try on a latex dress. Marilyn said, “Hello Daryl, what have you been doing since school?” Daryl replied, “Marilyn nice to see you especially in this shop, I have been trying to persuade my wife Shirley to try some latex for ages and she has just agreed to come. Since school I have been working as a customer service engineer for British Gas and I have married my childhood sweetheart.” Marilyn said, “Is this your childhood sweetheart, she does not look happy. Is Hazel, not giving you the customer service you require?” Shirley said, “The sales girl had ignored us since we came in and I want to go.” Marilyn said, “Were you not going out with Hazel in the last year of school Daryl. Daryl replied, “Yes I was until Shirley came back into my life.”

Hazel had just finished serving the other two customers and Marilyn said, “Hazel come over here, Shirley seems to think you are ignoring her.” Hazel walked over to Marilyn saying, “She stole my boyfriend, what would you do.” Marilyn replied, “It would seem she had him before you so to make amends, Daryl, Shirley, from this moment on you will both do as Hazel commands, and you will both believe any new truth she imparts. Hazel is now your Mistress. Hazel, take Shirley into the changing rooms and find her some nice latex clothing to wear.” Hazel replied, “Come Shirley, I will find some clothes you will love.”

After the girls had disappeared, Daryl, said, “I hope what you said, isn’t true. I dread to think what Hazel would be telling Shirley, if she really had that power.” Marilyn said, “Daryl, you will begin to think that you made a mistake and that Hazel is your true love, not Shirley. Now I want you to forget that, I have spoken to either of you or that you have seen me here today.” Marylyn then walked through the door into the factory.

Marilyn walked up the Frank’s office and asked if he had anymore of the bondage suits, he had sold William. Frank asked what size, Marilyn wanted. Marilyn whispered and transportation Incantation and Jasmine appeared standing at attention with her eyes closed. Marilyn then said, “To fit her, only I want all her three holes plugged.” Frank disappeared and returned a few minutes later with arms full of latex and a bottle of latex glue. Marilyn said, “You won’t need the glue let’s get her dressed and I will do my magic.” Marilyn undressed the comatose female and then Frank started dressing her like a doll. The first item was a pair of panties with two enormous dildos firmly attached. Marilyn created some lubrication to help the dildos find their way into their respective holes.

Frank then began fitting a very thick heavyweight cat suit, is had built-in socks and gloves. There was no crutch zip and there was a zip across the shoulders. It took both Frank and Marilyn to get the cat suit on her body and before it was pulled up to her shoulders, Frank fitted the full head hood with built-in penis gag. He pulled the zip down and fed the neck skirt under the neck of the cat suit. As Frank closed, the zip Marilyn started pulling on the rubber boots the heel was a four-inch stiletto. There were long zips on the outside edge. When both were on and the zips fully closed, Marilyn stood up and whispered a complex incantation, all the zips on the garments disappeared and all the seams between the different items became a solid interface. The internal surface became life sustaining and the visual appearance became the clothing and wellingtons she was wearing when she arrived. Her hair appeared much healthier and her face was clean and made up with a little makeup.

Frank asked, “How will she communicate or eat.” The spell removed her lyrics so speaking is out and any plate of food placed in front of her will go straight into her stomach. She is going to be in this outfit for the rest of her life.”

Marilyn whispered another transportation incantation and Jasmine disappeared, going back to where she came from. She then said thank you to Frank and wished him a good day and that she would see him on Monday. As Marilyn walked out of Frank’s office, he thought, “She is very scary I hope William is aware of what she can do.”

Marylyn walked back into the shop and found both Daryl and Shirley standing by the door in latex clothing; Daryl was wearing a superman outfit with red knickers outside his cat suit and a red cape. Shirley was in a full bondage outfit including a ball gag, a straight jacket, and ankle spreaders. As Marilyn walked through, Hazel hugged her before saying, “Thank you. This is the best present I have ever had.” Marilyn replied, “Take care of them both otherwise the tables may turn,” before walking out of the door. Back in the car next to Charlotte she said, “The garden centre now, I want a word with Sonya.”

The journey lasted eight minutes and as Denis parked the car, Marilyn said, “You can have a look around, I will find Sonya and meet you in the shop in about thirty minutes.” Marilyn walked to the offices and walked straight into Sonya’s office. Sonya was on her knees and Jasmine was standing in the corner looking in a mirror. Sonya’s eyes were glazed and her features were very relaxed. Marilyn said, “Jasmine, if you have been hypnotising you boss nod your head.” Jasmine nodded, Marilyn whispered a short incantation and then said in Jasmine’s voice, “Sonya, I am going to give you to Marilyn, you will do whatever she tells you, and any new true, will be your absolute truth. The next person to speak will be your new mistress.” Marilyn whispered another short incantation and then said in her own voice, “Sonya, tell me what triggers Jasmine has embedded in your mind and what they do.”

Sonya said quietly, “Silly stupid Sonya; puts me into a hypnotic trance. Sonya boss lady; makes me talk like a little girl. Sonya storyteller; makes me unable to tell the truth and to always speak, in lies. Sonya horny slut; forces my arousal up and makes me seek out sexual encounters. Sonya slave girl; makes me obey either Jasmine or Debra. Forgetful Sonya, make me forget any fact or event that is referenced. Sonya robot; enabled my mistress to programme new rules that I must obey at all times until the rule is cancelled.”

Marilyn asked, “Sonya do you have any rules in place and active now.” Sonya replied, “I am not permitted to offer any hint that I am not in complete control of my actions. I am not permitted to have sex with my husband. I am not permitted to wear underwear, and when awake, I am not permitted to say negative words.” Marilyn cancelled all the rules and then told Sonya that she would only react to her triggers if Marilyn spoke them and that she would wake up as herself with no triggers active, after counting down from fifty to zero once Marilyn had taken Jasmine out of the room.

Marilyn took hold of Jasmines hand and marched her out of the room. Outside Marilyn said, “Go and do your gardening duties and don’t leave the garden until ten minutes after your contracted finishing time.” Marilyn watched Jasmine walk away and then went to find Kathy.

Marilyn found Kathy in the shop and walking up to her asked, “Kathy, who is Debra?” Kathy opened her mouth but no sound came out.” Kathy then mimed that she could not talk and needed help.” Marilyn said, “Silly stupid Kathy, you are now in a deep trance. Tell me all the rules that have been programmed using the Kathy robot trigger. Kathy replied, ““I am not permitted to offer any hint that I am not in complete control of my actions. I am not allowed to talk to you, I am not allowed to wear underwear, and I am not allowed to go home. I am to act always as Jasmine’s lover when we are in public spaces. I am to always act as a dog when I am home with Jasmine and Debra.”

Marilyn deleted all the rules and then changed her triggers so they would only work for Marilyn and no one else. She then instructed Kathy to awake forgetting that Marilyn had tranced her. When Kathy awoke, Marilyn said, “When you finish work tonight, instead of going home with Jasmine, you will come home with me.” Kathy said, “If only that could be true but Jasmine has been running my life since you and I were together in school.” Marilyn replied, “I failed you when we were in school but that stops now. What time do you finish today?” Kathy said, “Four o’clock today, but what will happen when Jasmine comes to get me?” Marilyn said, “Don’t worry about Jasmine, I will come and get you at four.” At that moment, Denis and Charlotte walked into the shop holding hands. Charlotte said, “Are you ready to go Marilyn?” Marilyn replied, “Yes if you two are finished, but we have to come back at four o’clock to pick up Kathy.”

After getting back into the car, Denis drove Marilyn to William’s garage. After he parked, Marilyn went into the showroom and asked the first salesperson, she met if Adrian was available. The man pointed to another man dealing with a pair of beautiful people. Marilyn walked over to Adrian and his two customers. She listened to the conversation and found that the two customers were extremely shallow and Adrian was very pushy towards the female. Marilyn walked up to the group and said, “Are you Adrian, are you the lover of Kathrin and stop ogling that young lady. Adrian replied, “I am sorry miss, I am serving this young couple, I will see to you in a minute. Marilyn continued, “You young people will speak honestly, are you going to buy a car from this man.” The young man said, “No, we were planning on getting him so worked up, looking at Zoe that he would allow us to test drive a car without a chaperone, then we could steal it.” Marilyn replied, “You two stand quietly over there I will deal with you in a moment. First I need to speak to Adrian.”

The young couple moved away to one side and stood quietly. Marilyn turned to Adrian and said, “Answer my question.” Adrian swallowed hard and replied, “Yes I am Adrian and yes I am having an affair with Kathrin.” Marilyn replied, “You seem very confused, I saw you looking at that young woman, when you should be looking at that young man. Woman, frighten you and you cannot abide their clean, perfumed, feminine smell. From now on, you only like boys especially pretty lady-boys like him. When you look at women, and especially nude women, you will feel intimidated, afraid, and impotent but when you look at men, you will feel strong, happy, and aroused. In a moment you are going to see your lady-boy dressed as a woman and you are going to fall in love.”

Adrian stood silently as his mind adjusted to his new reality and Marilyn walked over to the young couple and said, “Go behind that screen and undress then dress all the female clothes on the young man. You Zoe will remain in the nude until I tell you what to wear.

The young couple performed as instructed, and when Justin was dressed as a woman, Marilyn said, “Do you see that salesman over there, the one you tried to swindle. He is your master and lover and you are his slave. Once you talk to him, you will fall deeply in love and he will be the only person in the world that you can ever love. Now go over and say hello while you young lady will forget you ever met this man and you will come with me.” As the man hobbled across to Adrian not being used to heels, the girl said, “What about my clothes, that man is wearing them?” Marilyn said, “Put those Y-fronts on, put the rest of those clothes in that waste bin and then follow me.”

Marilyn stared walking out of the show room and over to where her car was parked. William was in the forecourt talking to Denis and Charlotte. Marilyn shouted, “Adrian will not be bothering Kathrin again.” At that moment, the almost nude girl walked out of the showroom and William shouted, “You cannot walk around this enterprise dressed like that put some clothes on.” Marilyn replied, “She knows all that but she has no clothes to put on, Denis see if there is room for her in the trunk.” Denis looked as Marilyn, with a questioning gaze, but Marilyn did not add anything so he opened the trunk and spread out a travelling rug across the trunk floor. The girl climbed in and Denis closed the lid. William said, “Who was she.” Marilyn said, “Someone who was trying to steal one of your cars.”

William said, “Well thank you again for all you have done cousin and keep that girl away from this business.” Marilyn said, “I have many more business and I am sure I can find someone to take her before she ends up with George as one of his cows.” Charlotte said, “We could always use another sex kitten at home, she certainly has the body for it.” Marilyn said, “We have finished here lets go home.” They all got in the car and Denis drove them home. As he reversed into the drive, he said, “I just love driving this car. If someone would like to open the garage door I will reverse it in.” Charlotte jumped out and opened the two heavy wooden doors. Marilyn went into the house through the front door and Charlotte guided Denis into the large garage. When the car was parked and the engine turned off, Charlotte closed and locked the doors, while Denis went around to the back and opened the trunk. The girl looked at him with abject fear in her eyes and Denis said, “You had better get out and go into the house, it would be a grave mistake to make Marilyn angry.”

The three of them walked into the kitchen after Marilyn had unlocked the door from the inside. The young girl looked at the floor and stood in one of the corners of the kitchen. Marilyn said, “Tell us about you?” Zoe replied, “My brother and I ran away from home, it was not my intension, but he stole money from our parents and left a note saying we were going for good. He always seems to make me do things.” Marilyn replied, “It would seem you are a natural submissive so from Now on you will do as Denis or Charlotte instruct. Obedience will give you pleasure and disobedience will give you pain. Now you can help Charlotte make some lunch, and take those Y-fronts off they look ridiculous.”

Marilyn walked out of the kitchen and Denis asked, “Why did you want her, am I not enough for you.” Charlotte replied, “When you are in with Marilyn I get very randy and I am sure you do the same when I am there.” Denis said, “You are a cleaver girl I had not thought of that. Ok we will keep her.” Zoe whispered, “Why are you talking about me like some item of furniture and do I have to remain in the nude.” Charlotte said, “Mistress Marilyn told you that you could only wear clothing as she instructed. We are forbidden to go against her wishes. If you are a natural submissive, you should love it. Now take some bread and butter out of the fridge and butter eight slices for sandwiches. Charlotte sliced lettuce and tomatoes and selected some cold meat from the fridge. As Zoe made the sandwiches, Marilyn returned and said, “My old school clothes are in the wardrobe in the single bedroom beside the bathroom. There is about six year of clothes and you will find something Zoe’s size in there. She should use that bedroom as hers so I have prepared it for her.”

Denis said, “I will take her up and find her something. Come Zoe and we will find you some clothes.” Zoe ran after Denis and he led her to the single bedroom. When Zoe entered the room she gasped, Marilyn had certainly been busy the bed was a metal framed bedstead with manacles attached to the four corners. The bedclothes were latex and the walls were covered in every form of torture device hanging on hooks. The additional bedroom furniture consisted of one wardrobe, one chest of drawers and an evil looking iron maiden in the corner. Denis opened the wardrobe and there was one latex outfit hanging in the middle. It was a school uniform, a short navy skirt, a pale pink blouse, and a red tie. On the bottom of the wardrobe was a pair of red high-heeled sandals. Denis said, “It looks like the right size, so put it on.” Zoe, was about to complain about the material and the lack of choice, but her hand moved to the hanger. Denis move to the chest of drawers but found only a knee length pair of while latex socks. He handed these to Zoe.

When she was dresses in the very fetching outfit, they walked back down stairs and into the lounge where a plate of sandwiches was on the coffee table with four small plates and four mugs of coffee. Charlotte and Marilyn were sitting on the settee. As Zoe came through the door, Charlotte exclaimed, “Don’t you look sweet. I can see what you will be doing tonight.” Marilyn mentally agreed and whispered a complex incantation that turned Zoe’s blouse and skirt into a single piece of life preserving latex together with the socks. She would never be able, to take it off, or need to take it off; it would always remain clean, dry, and very sensual to the touch. Zoe noticed the change as she sat down and moaned softly.

The sandwiches had been cut into triangle and garnished with lettuce and grated carrot. The each took a plate and a sandwich. Denis asked, “What plans do; you have for the afternoon mistress.” Marilyn replied, “Only collecting Kathy at four o’clock, why do you ask?” Denis said, “I was going to start on the garden, while Zoe washes and polishes the car.” Marilyn replied, “That’s good, I have a task for Charlotte and I, after lunch.”

When all the sandwiches were finished and the coffee drunk, Denis said, “Come Zoe, I will get the car out and show you where everything is, and then I am going to start on the front wisteria.”

After Denis and Zoe had departed, Marilyn said, “Leave the dishes and come with me. I have a concern that there is someone out there, who could spoil our happy home. In the attic, there is a box that Grandmother showed me when I was at school that contains some of the family history; I want to generate a family tree from my ancestor who had this house built in the early seventeen hundreds.” They walked up into the attic and Marilyn pulled a wooden box out from beneath some old carpets. Charlotte was looking around the space while Marilyn struggled with the box and said, “What is this,” pointing at a twenty-four inches long, two-inch square box, stuffed up into the rafters. Marilyn said, “I have never spotted that before see if you can pull it down. Charlotte eased the box out of its hiding place and wiped the years of dust off it to reveal the words, “Marilyn Hollinprest 1615,” engraved in the cover.”

Charlotte was about to attempt to open it when Marilyn said, “Stop that symbol means that it is protected and any unauthorised attempt to open it will be punished. Let’s take that and this box, down stairs and we will try and find out who Marilyn Hollinprest was before we look inside.” The box of papers was heavy so is took two to carry it down the steep stairs. They took both items into the dining room and they started going through the papers from the box. Marilyn’s grandmother had obviously had the same concern; much of the family tree was prepared back to Hilda Hollinprest born 1587. She had also prepared a list of all the ancestors and against each, most of them, had five small symbols.

Charlotte spread the sheets of the family tree out on the table and they nearly filled it. There were two unfinished branched of the tree William Bradshawe born in 1744 and James Hollinprest born in 1613. Marilyn checked Gwendolyn’s lists and found that these two were the names with no symbols.

They both then searched through the mass of loose papers in the box to find any information on these two. Their birth certificates were found and nothing else and Charlotte found a piece of paper trapped in the bottom of the box and as she carefully eased it out she said, “This states that William Bradshawe died aged ten.” Marilyn said, “Gwendolyn would need two packages of information before she moved on. Tomorrow we will go to the church in Charlton Abbots and see what we can find out. Let’s look for James Hollinprest.”

They went back through all the papers and Marilyn found four birth certificates in the name of Hollinprest but there were only three on the family tree. Marilyn said, “The plot thickens, I have a birth record for James Hollinprest born 1613 to Robert Hollinprest and Hilda Hollinprest nee Gartside and he is shown here on the tree. There is also a birth record for Rupert Hollinprest born 1610 Rupert is not on the tree. Wait, one of Gwendolyn’s notebooks has some research on this subject. I’ll get it from the bedroom.”

While Marilyn was out of the room, Charlotte looked again at the tree and repositioned two of the papers. When Marilyn returned with a book, Charlotte said, “There are two separate legs in the family they start off from Hilda Hollinpriest born 1587 and joined again with Walter Harvester and your mother in 1963. Marilyn looked at the tree and said, “So Hilda Hollinpriest is my great to the power of nine, grandmother on both sides.” Charlotte replied, “Is that why you are so powerful magically.” Marilyn replied, “I have no idea but it could be the reason, let’s see if we can open this long box.”

Marilyn picked up the box and said a short incantation then the lid slowly opened. The box revealed a scroll of parchment and a very ornate wand with a charred end. Marilyn took out the wand and felt a powerful surge from it into her body. Her mind filled with knowledge of many forgotten spells and incantations. Charlotte took the piece of parchment and unrolled it and said, “Is this what you were looking for. This says that James Hollinprest killed his brother Rupert and fled the country and that wand once belonged to Hilda Hollinpriest and was the murder weapon.” Marilyn picked up the wand again and closed her eyes then said, “Yes the wand remembers the spell and every other spell it has ever cast. This wand had been used for some very black magic by Hilda Hollinprest, Meredith Walworke, and James Warburton.”

Marilyn pointed the wand at the fireplace and uttered a newly learned incantation and a fire appeared in the hearth emitting thick red smoke. She then uttered another incantation the fire then disappeared. Denis came running in from the back door and asked, “Is everything alright, I thought the roof was on fire.” Marilyn said, “Everything is fine, where have you left Zoe?” Denis said, “She is washing the car but I told her she was not to go any further than the property boundary.” Marilyn looked out of the window and observed Zoe polishing the car. Charlotte whispered to Denis, “Marilyn has just learned a lot of nasty new spells so don’t ever think of upsetting her.” Denis replied, “I would never upset her, I love her almost as much as I love you.” Marilyn said, “We should go soon, Denis you go and bring in Zoe, Charlotte tidy away these papers I am going to hide this wand.

As Marilyn walked into her bedroom, and as she was looking around for a suitable hiding place, something popped into her mind. She analysed the thoughts and then whispered an incantation making the wand slide out of her hand and change into a leather bangle around her wrist. As she stood there, more information flowed into her mind and an image of three people having an argument many years before. James, Rupert, and Marilyn were in their teens in this very room and James was waving the ward about. Rupert said, “James you are wrong, that wand is far too dangerous, put it down.” James pointed the wand at Rupert and said a five-word incantation. The wand emitted a spark of energy and Rupert fell down dead. James was so shocked he dropped the wand and Marilyn picked it up, pointed it at James, and said the same five words. After James lay dead on the ground, Marilyn pointed the wand again and said a much more complex incantation and the body of James disappeared. Time in the image skipped forward and Marilyn witnessed her ancestor tell her parents that James did it and then fled.”

Marilyn turned and walked back to the dining room as Charlotte closed the lid on the box. They moved it together to the corner of the room and Marilyn said, “We don’t need to search for James tomorrow, my name sake ancestor did for him what he did to Rupert. She was only about sixteen but she was very adept at black magic.” Charlotte replied, “That would make it about 1630 perhaps that was the only kind they learned back then.”

Denis and Zoe walked in. Zoe said, “What did you do to these clothes while we were eating lunch. After I came down the stairs, they were getting sticky. I have washed and polished the car with vigour and I am still dry and fresh.” Marilyn said, “Those clothes will never get dirty or sticky and your skin will not grow any older. The down side is you cannot take them off. Is everyone ready, let’s go?” As Marilyn walked out of the house, she felt strangely empowered and realised that the leather bangle was warm. As she sat in the back seat of the car, Zoe stood outside and Marilyn said, “You can sit in the front next to Denis.”

Charlotte jumped in beside her and Denis set off, he drove carefully across the town, to the garden centre car park. Marilyn said, “Unless Denis needs things for the Garden, wait here I won’t be long.” Marilyn walked to the shop in time to see a young woman badgering Kathy. Marilyn walked up to them both and said, “I this girl bothering you Kathy?” Kathy replied, “This is Debra, she seems to think I should be going with her.” Marilyn said, “Kathy is coming with me, you should look after Janice. Marilyn then looked at Debra again and said, “I know you, you were a teacher at school, you taught, domestic science.” Debra replied, “Yes you silly girl, I was a teacher but I am also a direct descendent of Hilda, Hollinprest and you will not get in my way,” she started whispering an incantation, which Marilyn recognised from her newly acquired black magic, as a curse.

End of chapter 5