The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Memories Make Us

Chapter 1

Mind control must be extremely difficult. I can’t say for sure, but I assume it is. If you so much as tell someone to do something they don’t want, they fight back angrily; imagine how hard they’d fight if you forced them to do something. Luckily, I don’t have to worry about that, because I don’t control minds. No, it’s much easier to get what you want from people if you’re more subtle about it. To understand what it is I do, just repeat my mantra to yourself: “our memories make us”. Every aspect of your personality is forged in your experiences, and the realest experiences to you are those records in your brain, the images and sounds and feelings and concepts that tell you, “hey, this happened, and that’s why you are you”. So what would happen if...no, never mind. I won’t ask. I’ll just start my story from the beginning.

This is the story of Jack McDonnell, an average human with very above-average skills. Or abilities. Or powers. Whatever word you want to use is fine with me. Oh, yes, and you’re correct if you assume that I am Jack McDonnell. My story begins when I was just ten years old. My parents loved me and my sister dearly and would do anything to keep us happy and healthy. The only problem was that they didn’t love each other enough. When times got tough and the stresses of life took their toll, whatever had allowed them to steal each others’ hearts in the first place had disappeared. One night, after I was supposed to be asleep, I heard them screaming.

“Damn it, I’m trying as hard as I can! I get that my best isn’t enough, but you don’t have to rub it in my face at the end of every day!”

“I’m not rubbing anything in your face, Dan! All I said was that the fridge was empty again, and maybe you should consider getting a second job to help out a little more.”

“You think it’s so fucking easy to just ‘get’ a second job? It took me years just to find the first! If I could get a raise, or a promotion, or even, yeah, a second job, I’d do it in a heartbeat! Jack and Dani need it, I get that! But there’s nothing, no options, just shit and more shit! If you think it’s so easy to get a job, maybe you should get a second job!”

I sneaked out of bed at this point and crept into the hallway, peeking out around the corner to watch without them noticing me. They’d been angry at each other before, but never this loudly. I assume they had maintained control for our sake, for the kids, but that night they couldn’t keep the lid on it anymore.

“Oh, fuck you, Dan! I have a second job, it’s called being a mother! I get paid to sit in an office and figure out how much other people are getting paid, then I come home and deal with the kids! Meanwhile, you spend all day at an office and that’s it!”

“’That’s it’? I’m at the office all day to get a paycheck for those kids, and you fucking know it! How dare you imply that anything I do isn’t for them!”

He raised one hand high, and I got scared. In hindsight, I know he’d never have hit her, no matter how much they resented each other. He wasn’t abusive, he’d just had more than his limit of stress and had finally broken. But my ten-year-old brain couldn’t think that through; what I saw was my father about to hit my mother, and I panicked. I ran out from the corridor, put my arms around my mom before they even registered I was there, and tearfully yelled, “No! Don’t hurt her, Daddy! She’s sorry!”

Both of my parents were shocked, and probably a little ashamed that they’d lost control enough to wake me. My presence helped calm them down a little, and my mother held me tightly.

“No...hey, kiddo, I wasn’t going to hurt Mommy,” Dad said, getting down on one knee, to my level, and gently rubbing my back. “I was just upset, I would never hurt Mommy. Or you or Dani. You know that, right?”

“I guess,” I said, sniffling. “But you guys are always fighting, and you’re getting louder. Don’t you remember that you love each other?”

“Of course we do, sweetie,” Mom said, still holding me. “We love each other with all our hearts. We might fight sometimes, but we’ll always make up, and we’ll always be a happy, caring, family.”

“That’s right,” Dad said, smiling. “Sometimes things get hard, but your mother has a place in my heart, and she’ll never leave.”

Mom beamed. “Aw, Dan. And you live in mine.” Dad leaned in for a group hug, and they kissed over my head. “Now, Jack, it’s past your bedtime. Go back to sleep.” I was satisfied that my family would remain intact, so I headed off to bed. On my way, I passed my sister Dani, who was a little older and wiser. She gave me a strange look of, “What just happened?", but I didn’t notice it at the time. She was old enough to realize that everything had resolved itself too suddenly...but I wasn’t. So I went to bed, and the next morning everything was back to normal. In fact, from then on, Mom and Dad’s relationship could never be better. They always remember why they love each other.