The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

© 2007, le Duc de Kavaliere

Midsummer Knight’s Dream

Part 20

Act Five, Scene One

That afternoon I made the short trip to the airport. I was picking up Amanda, who’d been Zelasha’s favorite online friend in college. I’d chatted with her a few times, though we’d never been that close.

I hope this is the last time I ever have to meet anyone from the Internet, I thought.

After a few minutes of waiting at the baggage claim, I saw a woman in sweats walking down the runway from the gates. She fit the description, at least—she was of average height and had curly blonde hair. I waved, and seeing me, she waved back.

I extended my hand, but Amanda gave me a hug. I hugged back, surprised. I’d spoken to her on the internet for years, but we’d never been that close.

“Welcome to Monterey,” I told her.

“Thanks,” she smiled. “You are Nick, right?”

“In the flesh,” I said with a smile.

She laughed. “I can’t believe you’re getting married! I’m still shocked that Colleen found you after all those years. I remember how we comforted each other when she vanished! It was like a ray of sunshine hearing that everything worked out for the best.”

I nodded sagely. How could I possibly explain that I had no recollection of the conversation she was describing? “Do you have a bag?” I asked, indicating the carousel.

Amanda nodded. “It’s a big one, I’m sorry. Is it far to the Faire?”

I shook my head. “Not far at all. Zel and I have a big tent, so you’re welcome to change in there and leave your stuff in the corner.”

“Thanks,” she said. “Living at a Ren Faire—I’m so jealous!”

Retrieving her suitcase, we walked out to the car. I beeped the trunk, and it opened automatically. “You are pretty damn lucky, you know,” she said.

“What, to have a hybrid?” I hefted her luggage into the trunk. It barely fit. Inwardly, I decided she’d brought an anvil.

“No, silly,” Amanda explained. “That after all that time, you and Colleen finally got together. I remember you telling me that you could never love anyone that way ever again.”

We climbed in, and I started the engine. “Well, you’re right,” I said, pretending I had some inkling of what she was talking about. “I never could, and I never did. But I have to confess, I don’t remember that conversation that well. It was ten years ago, after all.”

Amanda nodded. “Well, after hearing Colleen rave about you on the phone—you don’t have a brother, do you?”

I laughed. “Actually, I do, but he’s married.”

“Oh well.”

I turned south on Highway 1 towards the Faire.

“So who else is going to be there?”

I smiled apologetically. “Probably not anyone you know, I’m afraid. Zel says most of her friends from college were guys, and they’re all married with kids by now.” Amanda nodded. “There’s my brother, my friends Stewart and Gerald, the Songbirds, the guys from the Faire... on Zelasha’s side, there’s you, her sister, her cousin, our friends Scarlett and Emily...”

Amanda looked at me quizzically. “You call her Zelasha?”

I chuckled. “It’s her stage name. A lot of the Songbirds have made-up names. Come to think of it, there should be a program in the glove compartment.”

Amanda rustled around, found it, and started thumbing through the brochure. “Ah, there’s a picture—there she is!” She smiled girlishly. “She’s finally singing! That’s wonderful!”

I smiled at the blonde woman’s enthusiasm. Come to think of it, she’d known my fiancee longer than I had.

“And you know, I think it’s being with you that has let her do it,” Amanda went on. “I remember right before she vanished, Colleen told me she was afraid of running out of money for college. I’m glad she’s going to be able to graduate.”

“Yeah, well, I’d do anything to help her,” I said.

Amanda nodded. “I know.”

It was odd hearing Amanda talk about interacting with me in a reality I hadn’t experienced. It was like hearing her talk about an intimacy she’d shared with someone I’d never met. I almost felt like I was eavesdropping on a conversation not meant for me.

How different had been the version of myself who had commiserated with Amanda? She’d been closer with him than she had been with me, obviously. With her warmth, I felt like I was reaping benefits I hadn’t sowed.

But I had, somehow—or I would have, had I been given the opportunity. How could I possibly invade my own privacy?

* * *

Amanda and I arrived at the Faire in the middle of the Songbirds’ show. Zelasha saw us arrive, and grinned openly when she realized whom I’d brought with me.

My fiancee hurried out when the show ended, and the two embraced warmly. “Finally!” Zelasha cried.

“I get to meet you!” Amanda nodded, and looked her up and down. “I can’t believe it—you haven’t changed at all!”

Zelasha beamed at her. “You know we had to include you. It was never a question.”

Amanda laughed. “This is so weird! It’s one thing meeting someone online and then hearing what they sound like on the phone, but it’s way different to actually hear their voice coming out of their mouth!”

We all laughed. “And I’m so glad you two are finally together,” she continued. “I remember talking to Nick after you disappeared—you were all he thought about for months.”

Zelasha looked at me and licked her lips, provoking more giggles from Amanda.

“He’s always been so in love with you,” the bridesmaid-to-be continued. “I know he’ll treat you right.”

The way I remembered it, Amanda had gently told me to let Zelasha go when she’d got engaged to someone else. Apparently, in this reality, Amanda had heard “me” deal with Zelasha vanishing instead—which I had never experienced. So far, she was the only person I’d spoken to whose memory had changed.

“So what did he say about me?” my fiancee asked with a grin.

“He had half a mind to drop out of school and go search for you in New Orleans himself,” Amanda told her with a smile at me. “I told him to let the cops do their jobs. Not that he listened to me.”

“Hmm?” Zelasha asked.

“Yeah,” Amanda told her. “He went for a weekend anyway. Oh well—the important thing is that he found you, even if it was ten years later!”

This was news to me too. It’s beyond weird learning things about yourself that you never actually did—but it made sense that my alternate persona had done the same thing I would have done under the circumstances. Well, I thought, who better to trust than yourself?

* * *

Anna joined us a few minutes later. “So, Amanda,” her cousin asked. “What was Zel like when you first met?”

The blonde woman laughed. “Oh, she was living high,” Amanda revealed. “She discovered what it was like to be a woman on the Internet. All the boys were going after her.”

Don’t I remember that, I thought. Zelasha and I had become flirting-buddies early on after meeting each other. The trouble afterwards had been catching her when she didn’t already have some other guy eating out of her hand. There were times she’d played court—hanging out in chatrooms as the only girl surrounded by a dozen guys, all of whom were falling over each other competing for her attention. I’d resisted that game, hoping that playing hard to get would make me more appealing. It rarely worked, though. There were more than enough young suitors to keep her occupied when I didn’t want to be “just one of her guys.”

But then—when she and James had broken up—she’d told me that I was her first choice for a new boyfriend. And I’d messed that up by missing our meeting in her hotel room. Or, rather, I’d shown up nine years too late.

“What was that like?” Anna asked her cousin.

Zelasha grinned vainly. “Oh, it was flattering. You see, my stepmother told me for years that I was ugly and sinful—it was so great finding out I wasn’t.”

Amanda looked at me, then at Zelasha, then back again. “So, is one guy going to be enough for you, Colleen?” she teased.

The redhead got that extremely self-satisfied look she sometimes wore when I said something particularly flattering—or when she hypnotized someone. “So long as he keeps me satisfied,” she said, grinning impudently at me.

“Will there be any problem with that, Nick?” Anna asked with a smile.

Zelasha crossed her arms and waited for my response.

I took a deep breath, exhaled, then stepped behind my fiancee and put my arms around her waist. I took a second to inhale the sweet fragrance of her long wavy hair—then, seeing her grin sassily at me, I kissed her cheek. She started to turn her body towards me—and I nibbled her neck.

Zelasha stiffened in sudden shock as her body reacted to my kiss. Out of the corner of my vision I could just see her green eyes catch fire, and she tried valiantly to fight the post-hypnotic suggestion down.

She took a deep breath. Anna and Amanda both grinned—they hadn’t realized what what had just happened. Zelasha turned to me, indignant, but I nibbled her neck again. Another orgasm shivered its way through her body, and she grabbed onto me for support. With a smile, I kissed my fiancee’s lips.

The redhead didn’t kiss back. “Why are you doing this now?” she whispered through her teeth, her lapis lazuli eyes smoldering.

“Just want to make sure you’re satisfied,” I said, and nipped at her again.

She climaxed again—a little one—and looked at me irately. It was the funniest juxtaposition of facial expression and body language. I could feel her quivering in my arms. “I—don’t—want—this—now,” she whispered, but her body pressed against me told another story.

I kissed her again, and her right arm bent around my neck. I could see her thinking hard. “I don’t want that suggestion anymore,” she murmured, to herself as much as to me. “No more.”

I nibbled her neck again, and she wrapped her other arm around my waist as her body responded joyfully. She was trying to grit her teeth and summon up her stubborn streak, but her body refused go along with it. Her resistance was actually making the orgasm more intense.

“Dammit, why is it still working?” she whispered through clenched teeth.

“Part of you must still want it,” I told her amidst kisses.

“No, I don’t!” she insisted. Her lips were just beginning to soften.

“You don’t want to come?” I said, and kissed her neck again.

She trembled, and I rested my forehead against hers, looking into her eyes.

“I—” she began, then looked at me with longing in her eyes. “What do you want?”

“Do I keep you satisfied?” I asked, loud enough for everyone to hear.

“YES!” Zelasha replied, and responded enthusiastically to my kiss.