The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Midsummer Knight’s Dream

Part 24

Act Five, Scene Five

“I now pronounce you husband and wife,” the minister proclaimed. “You may kiss the bride!”

Miss Scarlett looked on happily as Nicholas took the ravishing Zelasha in his arms and gave her a long, romantic kiss. As the company applauded, the bride and groom walked arm-in-arm down the aisle, smiling radiantly at each other. Joseph and Gina followed, then Stewart and Amanda, and Gerald and Anna.

Scarlett grinned, seeing adoration shining in Clancy’s eyes as he took Anna’s arm when Gerald joined his wife. Then, at last, the hypnodomme joined her beloved Emily.

Her girlfriend looked up at her with those shining blue eyes. Emily’s perfect golden hair was done up perfectly in a gorgeous bun; her coloring matched the royal-blue bridesmaid’s dress perfectly. As her girlfriend smiled at her adoringly, Scarlett enjoyed a quick daydream of what they would do together after the ceremony. Emily would come to her arms; Scarlett would undo the bun, and her girlfriend’s glamorous hair would fall all around her. As Scarlett caressed her lover’s soft, pale skin, Emily would undress them both... then, perhaps after making love, her girlfriend would ask to be hypnotized. Scarlett knew exactly what she’d do: she’d make Emily believe they were both fairies, with gossamer wings and pointed ears...

“And what’s on your mind?” Emily asked. Scarlett realized they’d already walked arm-in-arm down the aisle, and were now heading towards the reception area. With all that daydreaming, she’d nearly put herself into a trance!

“Oh,” Scarlett said, putting an arm around her, “just imagining what we can do later.”

Emily smiled delightfully. “Wicked things?”

“Very,” the hypnodomme told her, with a wink.

Arriving at the reception canopy, the two women sat down at the head table; but then someone caught Scarlett’s eye.

It was a sour-looking woman with salt-and-pepper gray hair. She was the only one scowling at a table full of laughing guests. Her expression could have curdled milk.

“Emily love,” Scarlett asked, indicating with her head, “do you know who that woman is, in the gray?”

Her girlfriend peered over, then nodded. “That’s the mother of the bride.”

“She looks like she’s come to a funeral, not a wedding,” Scarlett observed.

Emily nodded. “At least Nick and Zelasha are happy.”

Scarlett agreed, but she glanced over at the bride’s mother a few moments later. Her glimpse was just in time to see the woman put on an exasperated expression, throw her napkin down on the table, and stalk off.

Pensively, Scarlett excused herself, and hurried after the woman.

The Kentuckian caught up with her a few moments later. The mother of the bride was sitting alone in the deserted jousting stands, crying. Scarlett sat down next to her.

“Ma’am?” the hypnotist said in her soothing Southern accent.

“Go away,” the woman sobbed.

“What’s bothering you, ma’am? How can I help?”

The mother of the bride glanced up at Miss Scarlett. Her makeup had run, and her cheeks were stained with tears. “I don’t believe it,” she said. “How dare that woman dress like that, carry on like that... how can it be she actually found a husband, got some dumb oaf stupid enough to marry a slut like my stepdaughter... he doesn’t look like much, but I hear he’s rich. That alley cat married a rich husband... and nobody sees a problem with the way she flaunts herself... I thought the groom’s father understood, but that self-righteous tom-fool gave them his blessing!”

Good grief, Scarlett thought. She hoped the bitter woman hadn’t placed her as the female groomsman yet! She reached out and took the woman’s hand.

“It will be all right,” she told her.

The stepmother sniffed. “And then my husband said he’ll have to redo his will to include their children. That pervert’s already got her pregnant, I’ll warrant. And then there was that nonsense about obeying! Her promising to obey him I can at least understand, but then he promised to obey her? They were mocking it all along! Who do they think they are?”

Scarlett patted the woman’s hand. The ranting finally subsided, but she continued to cry. After a moment, Scarlett climbed up on the bleachers and repositioned herself behind the wailing woman. She placed her hands on her shoulders, and began to knead.

“You don’t have to do that,” the stepmother snuffled.

“Yes, I do,” Miss Scarlett said with complete honesty. “I’m very good at giving backrubs. I was a massage therapist when I was in my twenties.” And it looks like it’s time for some charity work, she added to herself. “Just let me rub your shoulders,” she began, “and let all that sadness drop down through your feet.”

“That’s easier said than done!”

“You could really use a massage,” Scarlett continued. “And you really need to relax. You are so tense... these knots are atrocious.” She began kneading the woman’s shoulders, massaging all the tense places. “I can help, but you can help yourself, too. Do try to relax.”

The steel-haired woman sighed. Scarlett couldn’t feel much difference, but she began positive reinforcement at once. “That’s good,” she exaggerated. “Feel my hands massage you and relax you, and feel all the tension drain away from your shoulders, out of your body.” The hypnotist started pressing the knots away. “Concentrate on my fingers, feel those knots melting away, all that stress leaving your body.”

Miss Scarlett dropped her voice to her soothing tone without sounding too seductive. “Feel all the stress leave your fingers, and it is replaced by easiness, by relaxation, by peace, by calm. Now as my hands move down your back, feel the stress draining away from your back and your torso as well...”

“This is all well,” the stepmother sighed, “but I can’t ask you to do this.”

She sounds better already, Scarlett thought. At least she’s stopped crying! “That’s quite all right,” the hypnotist continued. “It’s no problem at all, no problem whatsoever. I am glad I can help, and you don’t have to worry about anything, it’s my pleasure. Just let me help you relax, let me massage your shoulders, and let all that tension drain out of you. You are doing better already, aren’t you? I can feel those knots dissipating... I can feel your shoulders and back relaxing... can’t you? Doesn’t this feel so much better?”

“I suppose so,” the old woman said.

“Better and better, more and more relaxed,” Miss Scarlett went on. “Feeling so much better the more you relax... feeling all that tension draining out of you... all those cares and worries dissipating, fading away... finally starting to relax now, really starting to relax, as you feel my fingers relaxing your muscles more and more...

“And now feel your neck relax as I massage you there... it’s all right, you are doing just fine... feeling all cares and worries disappear, letting go of all that negativity... letting go of all that stress... you have nothing to worry about right now, nothing to occupy your mind but relaxation... let yourself relax, and not worry about anything... it’s so easy just to clear your mind, and your body easily follows through...

“As your body relaxes, it becomes easier and easier for your mind to let go of tension and stress... and as your mind relaxes, your body becomes loose and limp, no more stress hiding in your muscles... it all drains away, fades away, leaving you feeling comfortable and relaxed.

“Don’t think about those troubles any longer... put them out of your mind for now... just let yourself relax, let me rub these knots out of your shoulders, and let it all go.”

The stepmother started nodding slowly.

“And now you’re feeling so relaxed,” Miss Scarlett purred. “More and more relaxed with each moment, with each breath... the more you feel the tension leaving your body the more you can relax, and the more you relax the more the tension disappears.”

The hypnotist felt a slight physical change in the woman’s muscles. She was actually relaxing... and Scarlett knew she had her.

“And now, the more you relax, you’re starting to get sleepy,” she said soothingly. The stepmother didn’t react, and Scarlett knew she was no longer really listening... at least not consciously. “Your eyelids are getting heavy... this is perfectly natural during a backrub... just let them close for just a second... it will be all right... there’s no one else around, no one will notice... just enjoy a peaceful relaxing feeling... a quiet time all to yourself, free from all your cares and worries... feeling so relaxed... your eyelids are getting heavier, and heavier, and heavier... close them, just for a moment... closing... closed, that’s right, wonderful, just wonderful...”

Scarlett stopped kneading the old woman’s muscles, but as she spoke, she continued to rub her subject’s back, keeping the sensation comforting and familiar.

“Ma’am, will you tell me your name?”

She nodded.

A literalist, Scarlett thought. “What’s your name, ma’am?”

“Eugenia.”

“Tell me, ma’am,” the feline hypnotist whispered in the woman’s ear. “What do you think of your stepdaughter?”

“She’s such a slut,” Eugenia said quietly. “She’s always showing off... and her father won’t put a stop to it... he would never put a stop to it.”

“And how does that make you feel?” asked the Southerner.

“I would never act that way,” Eugenia said. “I would never let a kid of mine dress like that. Why can’t her father see it? Respectable women don’t dress like that.”

Talk about a one-track mind, Scarlett thought. Poor Zelasha, having this woman in her family! “But how does that make you feel?” Scarlett asked again.

“How can she get attention by doing everything so wrong?”

She’s just repeating the same things she’s been saying in her head, Scarlett realized. Plus, she’s not very deep... else she wouldn’t answer a question with a question. Scarlett spent a minute or two telling Eugenia to relax more deeply, then asked her the obvious question.

“Are you jealous of your stepdaughter?”

The old woman didn’t answer... but nodded, just a little.

The hypnodomme sighed. “Now, Eugenia,” Miss Scarlett told her, “you know I am telling you the complete truth... you do not have to be jealous of your stepdaughters... either one of them. Your husband loves you... and it’s all right for him to love his daughters too, because he loves them differently than he loves you. All the love he has for his wife belongs to you. It’s easy to let that jealousy flow away... you don’t have to hold on to it. You let go of it naturally. Just feel all that jealousy fade away. You don’t want jealousy to be a part of you... it’s easy to let it all go. Feel all that jealousy draining out of your body. It is being replaced by charity, generosity and kindness. You know that, deep down, you are a caring, generous, kind woman. It is safe to let all the jealousy go; there is no need to hang on to it. In fact, the kinder and more generous you act, the more beautiful you feel, the better you feel about yourself.”

What else can I say? the hypnodomme wondered. It’s not as if she could realistically change this woman’s entire personality in one session—especially without her express consent! Even if Zelasha and Nicholas had a brief reprieve, her suggestion would wear off, given time.

Miss Scarlett took a deep breath. “The more charitable you are, the kinder you are, the more positive you feel, the happier you feel, the better you feel. You are kind and caring to your stepdaughters, to your husband, to everyone. And should you ever feel jealous again, you will find a therapist you can trust, and discuss it with them. If you do get jealous again, you will seek therapy.”

“Now, on the count of five, Eugenia, you will wake up,” the hypnotist said. “There is no need for you to remember the exact details of our conversation; no need for you to remember falling asleep. Those details will just fade from your mind, and you will not worry about them; they are not at all important. What you will know is that you and I have had a good conversation, and you feel a million times better. You are completely free of jealousy; you are full of generosity and caring. You will wake up on the count of five, feeling refreshed and wide awake, and feeling so much better. You are free of jealousy, and full of kindness. One, beginning to wake up, two, feeling so much better, three, feeling refreshed and happy, four, opening your eyes, five, fully awake, wide awake, full of kindness.”

Eugenia raised her head and opened her eyes. She looked around in confusion, then her gaze settled on Miss Scarlett, and she smiled.

Then she pulled out a tissue and dabbed at her face. “Oh, I’m sorry, Miss... what did you say your name was, Miss?”

The hypnotist grinned inside. “Scarlett,” she said aloud.

“Miss Scarlett,” Eugenia nodded. “I’m sorry for that display... but thank you so much for listening. That was very kind of you.” The mother of the bride stood up. “I suppose we should get back to the wedding party. I didn’t even get them a gift... how does my husband put up with me? He’s so patient... I’ll have to apologize to him... and to Colleen and her husband, too.”

The stepmother nodded at Scarlett, and started back towards the party. The Southern belle followed, grinning.