The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

© 2007, le Duc de Kavaliere

Midsummer Knight’s Dream

Part 5

Act One, Scene Five

“Emily?” Anna called as she unlocked the door. “Emily, I’m home!”

There was no answer as she walked in. The redhead dropped her book bag on the chair by the door, and went to Emily’s room.

The door was ajar. “Em?” she asked, poking her head in. She gasped, and put her hand to her chest.

There, in a tangle of sheets and blankets, lay her roommate... and someone else. Emily’s long blonde hair was unbound—she never sleeps that way, Anna thought, she always braids it before bed—and it lay scattered all over the pillows, mingling with the dark hair of the woman lying beside her in a tangle of arms and legs. The image reminded her of an oil painting. Both women had pale skin, and their long hair—golden and raven—lay tousled together on the pillows.

Anna’s wide green eyes drunk in the scene. Emily was in bed with someone. Her shy roommate was lying in the arms of a much taller woman, her blonde head resting on the other woman’s shoulder. One of Emily’s legs lay snugly between the dark-haired visitor’s. The sheets covered a small amount of flesh, between breasts and thighs, but Anna needed nothing more graphic to understand what had happened.

She let out a startled screech. The dark-haired woman’s eyes popped open, and she glanced up at Anna. Emily shifted around more sleepily.

“Is everything all right?” her blonde roommate asked without opening her eyes.

Anna turned and fled from the room.

She heard the other woman calling out her name—how does she know my name? Anna wondered—but she didn’t answer. Without picking up her book bag, she raced out the front door.

“Anna!” Emily hollered from somewhere behind her.

That was enough to stop her flight. Emily was so soft-spoken that Anna, in all the years they’d been friends, had never heard her shout.

Anna turned, and her eyes almost popped out of her head. Her petite roommate—usually so modest—had followed her out into the corridor of their apartment building, clad only in a sheet that she’d wrapped hastily around her. Stunned, Anna gazed at her best friend. Emily’s gorgeous blonde tresses tumbled all around her, over both shoulders and down her back to her navel.

“Anna, I’m sorry,” Emily said as she ran barefoot down the corridor and stopped in front of her roommate.

“You... you...” Anna gasped.

Emily looked at the redhead uncertainly. “I’m sorry, Anna. I really am. I tried to tell you, but you’ve never been home. She’s been staying with me for more than a week.”

“You... you...” Anna said again, sounding like a broken record.

“I’m bisexual, yes,” Emily told her. “This doesn’t change anything with us, does it? You’re my best friend. I didn’t think you were homophobic.”

Anna shook her head frantically. “No, no, it’s not that, it’s just—such a shock! I didn’t even know you were dating anyone, and then I come home and find you in bed with... I didn’t even know... I had no idea... how? who is she?”

Emily smiled sheepishly. “Do you remember the hypnosis show you dragged me to?” she asked, tilting her head to one side.

Anna stared incredulously at her roommate. “You mean Miss Scarlett’s? But that was three years ago! You’re dating... you’re dating Miss Scarlett?!” The redhead gazed at the blonde woman, her green eyes as round as saucers.

Emily nodded. “We’ve been seeing each other off and on, yes.”

“How long?”

“Well,” Emily began. She looked away, starting to blush. “I guess it started the night of the show.”

Anna put out a hand to steady herself, but the wall was too far away. Emily took Anna’s outstretched hand in her own. “I need to sit down,” the redhead said.

Gently, the blonde woman guided her bewildered roommate back into their apartment, and helped her into the nearest chair. Miss Scarlett peeked out from the bedroom, but Anna didn’t notice her, and the Southerner didn’t speak.

“How... how could you be dating a woman? A hypnotist?” Anna finally stammered. “I mean, I get it about hypnosis. That’s why I wanted to go to that show in the first place. After Brandon started hypnotizing me... I broke up with him when he started using it to take advantage of me. But I really did like being hypnotized. That’s why I wanted you to go with me to see a female hypnotist, because I wouldn’t have to worry about her taking advantage of me, the way Brandon did. But somehow you hooked up with her?”

Emily nodded.

Anna shook her head in incredulity. “I don’t believe this. I don’t believe I dragged you to see a show and you hooked up with the performer. You’ve always been so shy!”

Emily shrugged. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier,” the petite blonde woman repeated. “But Scarlett’s usually on the road and everything, we’ve never had much time to be together before now.”

“You didn’t even want to go,” Anna said pensively, remembering. “But then you were so enthusiastic the second night. When did it happen?”

Emily’s mind flashed back to the dream that Scarlett had planted, the one where she’d invited her to return the second night. In Emily’s dream, Scarlett had been a giant black cat. The Scarlett-panther had snuggled with her, licked Emily’s face, and laid her head in her lap.

“The first night,” Emily confessed.

“The first night,” Anna echoed. “And I was clueless. I couldn’t see what was happening right in front of me.” She paused, thinking. “Did she hypnotize you?”

Emily nodded.

“Does she—does she still hypnotize you?”

After a moment, Emily nodded again.

“Are you sure she’s not using you?”

Emily thought for a moment, and nodded a third time. “Scarlett and I trust each other, Anna.”

“Are you happy?”

Emily nodded vigorously.

Anna sighed, and nodded. “So long as you’re happy—that’s all I care about. But after Brandon used me, and you were seduced by a stage hypnotist, for crying out loud—I’ll never let anyone hypnotize me ever again.”

(To Be Continued)