The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Mind Games

by Gingerxxx

Chapter 13 — Precaution

Joe sat, stunned into silence. He couldn’t believe it. The pods were running two frequencies instead of the one he knew about. What were they there for? Was the publicised frequency a smoke screen? Something to keep Joe (and the group) from finding the truth? Was the second frequency the real one, or was it to do some other, unknown, task?

Either way, this had been hidden from Joe, and hidden well. Joe had found one signal generator easily. It was practically signposted. He hadn’t discovered the origin of the second signal, though, so the electronics must have been disguised well. It was only through some obscure physics and a bit of luck that he’d found it, and that physics wouldn’t be known about by many.

Disbelief, betrayal, anger, fear: they all washed over him at one time or another as he tried to make sense of the situation. Paralysis joined the silence as the fear began to win out. This didn’t bode well at all, he considered. Especially when added to Mike’s warnings in the car park last night and the knowledge of Dan’s fate. Felix definitely had his own plans, and Joe had no idea what they were. The fact that it was so secret, using pod circuitry that even he couldn’t find without a thorough search, suggested it was serious.

Serious how, though? Was Felix going to make a go of it on his own? Would he eliminate some or all of the group? It wasn’t like that act was beyond him, after all. Felix had laughed off the suggestion previously, and Joe had believed him, but that was before. Now? Now, he wasn’t so sure.

So what was he going to do about it, Joe mused. Well firstly, reconnecting the module and getting the hell out of there. Everything else could wait. Wiping all trace of his interference with the unit, Joe re-assembled and re-installed the unit, before making a swift exit.

So what now, then? Joe thought to himself, sitting in his car. He needed time to think, to work out what the fuck was going on, and what to do about it. His place, Layla’s place, Jane’s: they would all be bugged, in all probability. Joe knew he’d do that, and Felix was meticulous about security. Hell, even the bloody car would be bugged, and most likely GPS tracked.

That didn’t matter though. He just needed an hour away from Felix’s microphones. Somewhere remote enough to defeat a bug’s signal, preferably with a few hills to make absolutely sure. Joe knew just the place. Felix might know his location, but that would be it. That would have to do for now.

Turning out of Sat Tech’s car park, Joe headed out of town. Traffic in Three Hills was virtually non-existent, just a few cars and the odd cab, but that was to be expected at this time of night.

It was the bridge where Joe noticed the car behind him. The bridge over the railway that marked the unofficial edge of Three Hills. He could understand a bit of traffic in the town itself, but out here? It should be deserted, shouldn’t it? Why the hell would anyone else be out at this time? Besides, hadn’t it been behind him ever since the office?

Joe sped up, and the headlights in his rear-view mirror faded further into the distance. Whoever it was certainly wasn’t in a rush, Joe mused, before wondering if the driver behind those headlights had other motives in mind. “You’ve really done a number on me, Felix,” Joe murmured to himself, as he formulated a plan to shake his potential tail.

Joe knew this road well. There was a fork, about a mile ahead, just after a blind bend where his stalkers (if that’s what they were) would lose sight of him. That was where he’d make his move. Joe checked his mirrors and, sure enough, the headlights remained in the middle distance.

The bend approached. It was time. Joe turned off his lights, hit the gas and took the left fork. Two corners later and Joe stopped at a layby, quickly turning off the engine. Sitting there for a few moments, Joe waited in silence, broken only by the ticking of the cooling engine. Adrenaline coursed through his veins as he considered his situation. Had the other car seen him? Would it take this fork? If so, would they stop when they saw him? Would he be bundled into their car, never to be seen again? Joe fixed his gaze on the mirror and waited.

Headlights. Lighting the vegetation around the bend at first, but then shining straight into his mirror. The other car had followed him! Joe watched, his heart in his mouth, as the headlights approached. Were they slowing down? In Joe’s adrenaline-addled mind it seemed as though they were, but he couldn’t be sure. It would only be a few seconds now.

Three...

Two...

One…

The car passed. A bit slowly, perhaps, but nothing unexplainable.

The road after the layby was straight for a quarter mile or so. Joe watched the taillights for every inch of that quarter mile until the next bend, and even kept his eyes peeled for a few minutes after that. If they were following him they were playing it particularly cool: ice cold even. The chances of this, though, appeared to be diminishing.

Unless they had a tracker or a bug on him. Or both.

The part of Joe’s brain that needed to feel safe fought with his suspicious side. There was nothing to suggest that the other car was following him. Hell, it probably hadn’t even slowed down as it passed. Probably someone on a night shift or earlies, Joe justified to himself.

It was better safe than sorry, though. The thought of possible bugs in his car made for an oppressive and claustrophobic atmosphere. He needed space, and solitude to sort this all out in his head. This was a good a spot as anywhere, Joe decided, leaving the car for the cold night air.

“Come on, Joe, you bastard. Work the problem. What’s Felix going to do?” He asked himself, pacing up and down in his car’s headlights.

“I don’t know. What COULD Felix do?”

“He could kill me. There’s no way to stop that. Hell, he could have a sniper on me now.” Joe shuddered, but remembered something his dad told him: don’t worry about what you can’t control. “So put that to one side. No point dwelling on it. What else?”

“Lock me up. Same as before: no way to control it. What else?”

“He could take control of me. Get me to do myself in, or turn me into some sort of mindless zombie.”

“He already HAS control of me! That’s the frigging problem!”

“What about the new pod? A few self-preservation commands on the pod perhaps? I already have to program myself to get the detector past his security. It would just be an extension of that.”

“Would it even work? What about the second frequency? The pod was scratch-built, and didn’t include that.”

“Wait. The frequency might not be needed.

Joe thought back to his conversation with Sam Bryant, the man behind all this. Sam had said the frequency was to turn something off: the part of the brain that would question the subliminals. If all the subliminals were doing was reinforcing self-preservation instincts, and acting in his own best interests, he might not need it in the short term. ”Evolutionary biology… hopefully. In the mean time, I can get a pod built with the second frequency.”

“There’s no guarantee, though. Even if it does work; even if you don’t need the other frequency, it’ll take a while to do its thing.”

“There’s no guarantee in any of this. I’ve just gotta play the percentages. Take every advantage I can get, and make a few for myself. Just keep thinking of anything Felix can do, and try to counter it. The pod would be good for working on that.”

“As if I’m not paranoid enough already. OK, what else can Felix do?”

“He could use Layla and Jane against me. Or any of the other women at the house.”

The thought of losing Layla and Jane filled Joe with dread even more than the idea of death. He’d grown accustomed to the pair of them being around. Even if he lost control of them, he still wanted to be around them.

“OK, so how would he do that?”

“He would instruct the girls to ignore any order from me, using one of his codes. He would control them then. He could use them or his goons to do whatever he wants.”

“Can we get a hold of his codes?”

“Not in this lifetime. They’ll be kept so securely it’s not even worth trying. I can’t even remember what codes he’s used already.”

“That’ll be deliberate, to stop us using them. We’ll have to get around it then. How, though? If Felix has stopped my commands from working?”

“Use my own pod on them?”

“Good. That’ll take time, though. Plus it’s not guaranteed to overwrite Felix’s commands. It might not even work without the second frequency, unless their survival depended on me. The new pod might help… Might. It’s worth doing, though.”

Anything quicker?”

“Use the hypnosis instead of straight commands? Would that work?”

“I doubt it. If Felix has neutralised my commands, he sure as shit will do the same with the post-hypnotic stuff.”

“What if the command didn’t come from me, though? Would Felix think to neutralise commands from Jane or Layla? No, wait. They wouldn’t give the command, though.”

“Wait. They could leave the suggestion, though! If I get Layla to hypnotise the others, and leave the suggestion, I could activate it.”

“That might work! It won’t last long before Felix reverses it, but it could buy a few minutes’ diversion. Enough for an escape.”

Joe worked through the problem further, talking it over in his head. It wasn’t a good plan: there were holes the size of a cruise liner in it. It was the only thing he could think of, however, that Felix wouldn’t instantly see through. The two had been friends for too long, and Felix knew all Joe’s tricks.

Mind you, Joe knew a lot of his. That had to be worth something.

Joe spent his drive home thinking about what Felix would do, and how to nullify his friend’s advantage. By the time he parked his car in Layla’s drive he had a mental list of things to do and check.

* * *

“Hi, Master,” Jane murmured as Joe returned to bed. She’d fallen asleep in the intervening hours, but it was clear from her face that she had been crying.

“I’m sorry about that, Hun.” Joe said, pulling her close to him, “Something came up at work. Well, something you said made me think of it, anyway.”

“I thought I heard you talking downstairs.”

“I watched TV for an hour or so when I got back. I was a bit frazzled, and had to unwind a bit.”

“I’m sorry, Master. Whatever it was, I apologize.”

“No, no, not at all! It was a good thing you said it!” He pulled her closer, and hugged her tightly. “I’m not blaming you: I’m thanking you!”

“Thank you, Master.” The frown on her face disappeared, replaced first by a look of relief, and then the all too familiar lustful gaze. “In that case, do you want to finish where we left off?”

“Can we do that in the morning? I just want to go to sleep now. It’s almost morning, you know.”

“Anything you say, Master.”

“Great. Goodnight, dear.”

“Goodnight, Master.”

Silence. Joe pulled Jane closer to him as he settled into sleep.

“Master?”

“Yes, dear?”

“When you wake up in the morning, can I greet you in my slave costume?”

“Of course, dear. In fact, I might make it a requirement!”

“Ooh thank you, Master!” Jane giggled, “I’ll be the best Number One slave I can be.” Reaching across, she kissed and cuddled him softly. “Goodnight… Master.”

* * *

“Good morning, you two.” Layla grinned as she sat to breakfast with Jane and Joe. “From the sound coming from your bedroom, a very good morning! I should be jealous!”

“Yeah, sorry ’bout that.” Joe replied, grinning at Jane, “I’ve been neglecting Jane of late and we had some, err, catching up to do.”

“Catching up, Definitely.” Jane agreed, her grin even wider. The slave uniform had gone, replaced by a dressing gown. She wasn’t particularly obsessed with her modesty, though, judging by the way it was fastened.

Layla instructed Slave Five to pour coffee for the group, “So will you be catching up with anyone else this morning, Master?”

“Is that an offer or a request? Either way, I might take you up on it a little later. In the mean time, I have to go pick up a few things from town. Have you done the group exercise session yet?”

“No, Master. Would you like to watch again?” Layla knew it would be the last opportunity before the girls went back to their respective masters.

“Most definitely. Make it after I get back, though. I should only be an hour or so.”

“Of course, Master.”

“Oh, and while I remember: are you and Jane doing anything tonight?”

“No, Master.” Layla replied.

“And you, Jane?”

“Wha…? Oh sorry, Master,” Jane returned her attention from the uniformed slave, “I’m working ’till six, but I’m free after that.”

“Good. I was thinking of going out tonight. Just the three of us, since the rest will be going back. Get a meal, catch a movie, that sort of thing.”

“Sounds great! I can’t wait!”

“Me too!”

“Nice one. I’ll book a table for 8:30 and a taxi for 8:00.” Joe smiled mischievously, “I’m sure you’ll both be ready by then!”

* * *

Joe laid the bags down next to his sunlounger and took in the view. Eight stunning women in pleasingly short plaid skirts and sports bras jogging up and down the garden was certainly an impressive sight. It was a shame they had to go back later today, but their week together was over. Besides, Joe’s plan relied on them returning to their Masters.

Layla was certainly enjoying herself as gym instructor, Joe mused. She definitely pushed the others hard, but that wasn’t exactly a surprise. He was glad he hadn’t come across her at the gym: it could have been quite painful!

“And relax!” Layla and the rest of the group pulled up to Joe’s chair, sweat dripping off of their bodies. “Take a moment, girls, and we’ll do our stretching in a moment.” Layla turned to Joe, “Good morning, Master. New shirt?”

“Yes, thanks,” A whole new ensemble actually. Another precaution, in case his clothes had been bugged (you never know!) “You like it?”

“It suits you well, Master.” Layla cupped her breasts and playfully presented them to Joe, “So, would you like us to take off our bras again?”

“Yes, please. In fact, I’d like you all totally naked, please. It’s such a nice morning after all. Just leave your clothes over here.”

“Of course!” Layla returned her attention to the group as she started undressing herself, “You heard the Master. I want to see eight piles of clothes over here, pronto.”

Joe smiled. The group removed their clothes as though naked calisthenics in the garden was the most natural thing in the world.

“Good. Now, if you do your stretching on the lawn over there, please, ladies.” Joe passed each one a brand new towel from one of his bags. “Use these on the grass. I’ll join you in a second.”

As the eight naked women took their towels onto the lawn, Joe reached into his other bag and pulled out the contents. The plastic wrap on the packages took a bit of persistence without scissors, but he eventually worked the contents loose. His trip to the electronics store had netted a pair of walkie-talkies, the necessary batteries and a set of headphones. Satisfied that they were in working order, he strolled across to meet the girls.

“Right, ladies. Stop for a moment, please. Sit down on your towels. Except you, Layla. Please remain standing. Make yourselves comfortable. Do some light stretching for a couple of minutes or something. Layla, if you could join me over here.”

“Of course, Master.” Layla looked quizzically at her Master, but obeyed him without question. The pair put some distance between themselves and the rest of the group.

“This will probably work better if we’re sat down,” Joe admitted, before instructing her to relax on the grass and lean into him. “Good. Now, sleep.”

Joe watched all tension drain from Layla’s body as she relaxed further into her master. Joe loosened up aswell, knowing that his command still worked on Layla at least. “Good girl. Now for the next few moments, I want you to concentrate only on the sound of my voice.” Joe had remembered Felix’s techniques well, “Just imagine the sound of my voice taking you deeper and deeper into your sleep. With every word you’re feeling more and more relaxed. That’s it. More and more relaxed.”

Joe always enjoyed the feeling of Layla against him, especially in her naked state as she was now. Several ideas popped into his head, but more pressing matters needed to be attended to first.

“Good. Now, in a moment I’m going to put some headphones on you. You will hear my voice through them. Don’t worry, it’s just a walkie-talkie. When I do so, I want you to repeat anything you hear on the headphones to the other girls. You’re going to put them to sleep, just as I’ve put you to sleep now. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Master.”

“Good. Now it’s important that you don’t act on those suggestions. When you wear the headphones, you are my voice, not my subject. I am speaking to the others through you. My voice will flow through you; it will not affect you in any way. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Master.”

“Good girl. Now, when you’ve finished, I will come and take the headphones from you. When I do, you will forget anything you do or say as my voice. As far as you’re concerned, you will have been doing stretching exercises or something similar with them. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Master.”

“Good. Tell me what you’re going to do.”

Once Layla had recited her orders to Joe’s satisfaction, she was woken up to re-join the rest of the group. Joe had presented her with the headphones but stayed away from the group: this was not going to work if he was associated with Layla’s hypnotic commands.

“Right, girls,” Joe spoke into his walkie-talkie, “Just relax back onto your towels.”

“Right, girls. Just relax back onto your towels” Layla repeated the instruction word-perfect. The group complied, but that was to be expected by now.

“Sleep.”

“Sleep.”

To Joe’s relief, the entire group in front of Layla complied, melting into unconsciousness.

“Good. Now for the next few moments, concentrate only on the sound of my voice.”

Layla continued her repetition.

“Nothing else exists outside the sound of my voice.”

“With every word, you’re feeling more and more relaxed.”

“More and more relaxed.”

“More and more relaxed.”

“You drift deeper and deeper into sleep.”

“Deeper and deeper.”

“Deeper and deeper.”

“Good. Now, when you hear the phrase ‘Get out of death free card’, an imaginary vibrator in your pussy will spring to life.”

“’Get out of death free card’. ‘Get out of death free card’.”

“That vibrator starts inside you. Relentlessly, remorselessly distracting you. Within a few moments you won’t be able to think of anything but that vibrator.”

“You won’t say anything. You won’t acknowledge it to the outside world, but it will be there.”

“This is the most effective vibrator in the world, and works exactly as it should to bring you to orgasm.”

“As every moment passes, you will find yourself more and more focussed on the vibrator, and your need to come will increase.”

“More and more distracted with every moment.”

“More and more preoccupied.”

“Needing release more and more.”

“But you will not be able to come until the person who says those words, or your Master, obviously, gives you permission.”

“You will not even be able to ask for release. You can’t even beg to come.”

“You will not be able to express your need, except by closing your eyes for five seconds.”

“Closing your eyes and counting to five is the only way to signal your need.”

“When your Master sees your eyes closed, he will know your need.”

“You will express your craving in no other way.”

“No other way.”

Joe knew that should be enough to allow an escape, if these girls were the only ones holding him. As far as escape plans went, it was pretty limited, though. It wouldn’t work on anyone else. If Felix or any of his men were around, it would be useless. Joe needed something a little stronger. Something that would help him neutralise the others, if only for a second or two.

Joe knew what he had to do, but he still didn’t like it. Not one bit. “There is another phrase. Scorpion Two Six Eight. When you hear somebody say ‘Scorpion Two Six Eight’, you will feel unimaginable pain spread immediately through your entire body.”

“You will feel like you are burning alive.”

“You will be paralysed by the searing heat and pain.”

“The pain will subside after a minute or so, but until then it will be the most intense pain you have ever experienced.”

“The only way to stop it earlier will be to plead with your master. Only he will have the power to stop the pain.”

A heavy feeling had formed in the pit of Joe’s stomach. There was no alternative, though. It was either them or him. If Joe had sought protection from the girls, then Felix could have overridden that in a heartbeat. If the girls had turned on Felix (and that was a big “if”), again, Felix could have reversed it with one codeword. Felix could still override this, but it provided an element of surprise that was key.

As Joe had previously noted, he probably (hopefully) wouldn’t need to use it anyway.

Of course, there was the distinct possibility that someone was watching them now. Listening would be difficult if not impossible in the open air. Felix surely couldn’t bug every square foot of the lawn, and a quick session with the sprinklers had improved those odds. Removing the girls’ clothing and replacing his own had also dealt that possibility.

Nevertheless, if he was being watched from afar, his watchers would want to know what he was doing. Having eight naked ladies sitting in the middle of the lawn taking instructions would raise suspicion of what he was doing with them. He had to provide them with a reason, and he had a great one.

“OK. So, in a moment we’re going to play a game.” He continued, “We’re going to play kiss-chase: my version.”

* * *

Jane hadn’t had so much fun in ages! From the moment Master had told the group about kiss-chase she couldn’t wait to play. The other girls’ nudity, and sweaty bodies from exercise only added to the fun!

The rules were simple enough: chase ’em, catch ’em, kiss ’em and spank ’em. A keen jogger, Jane knew she would love this game. Three chasers to start, and after being caught chaser and chasee would swap roles. Of course, the girls needed instruction on how to spank each other properly, and Mistress was only too happy to help in this regard. Naturally Jane had been selected as the demonstration model, much to her excitement and Master’s obvious amusement.

Designated a chaser at the start, Jane went straight for Mercedes. She was the smallest, and looked like the easiest to catch, but that was only part of it. Since her arrival a week ago, Jane had lusted after the short-haired beauty. Maybe not lusted, but certainly curious. Jane wasn’t about to miss the first, and probably only, chance to kiss Mercedes’ pierced lips.

Unfortunately, Mercedes’ ‘partner’ Ferrarri was also a chaser, and had had the same idea. The competition was fierce, and Jane’s lungs burned with the effort of beating her rival. The other girl was just that bit faster, though. Frustration burned through Jane’s body as the met and kissed. Something told Jane that Mercedes wasn’t really trying too hard not to get caught.

Realising that those two would just chase each other for the rest of the game, Jane turned her attention to the others. Maria was just about within range, making her the best candidate. Stalking her prey, Jane came up behind Maria, tightly wrapping her arms around the captured runner. With that, all Maria ceased all struggle and turned to face her captor.

Maria’s kiss was soft and luscious. For a moment the boundaries between them blurred almost into oblivion as the two women became one writhing mass. With their arms locked around each other, pulling each other into an ever tighter embrace, Jane experienced the feeling of flesh on flesh that she now permanently craved.

Jane knew Maria could satisfy practically any man (or woman) with that kiss. In other circumstances it would have left her in a puddle on the ground, delirious with passion. This time, though, it only left her frustrated and needing … something. Instead of quenching Jane’s lustful thirsts it added to them.

Maybe spanking Maria’s bottom would help. After their embrace, Maria had bent over and presented her bottom. Jane completed the ritual, realising instantly that this would provide only a little of the satisfaction she yearned for. Maria certainly seemed to enjoy it, moaning in satisfaction with each stroke.

“One… Two… Three…” Maria began her count. Jane knew she had ten seconds to make her escape before Maria started chasing. For a moment the fire in Jane’s belly subsided enough for her to remember the game.

Keeping her eye on Maria, Jane backed away as fast as she could.

“Gotcha!”

A pair of arms came from behind Jane’s back and wrapped themselves around her waist. Jane cursed herself: she’d been so busy keeping an eye on Maria that she’d forgotten to look out for the others!

Jane turned round to face her captor. It was Katie.

“You’re mine now, Sister!” Katie declared with a mixture of satisfaction and mocking amusement, “Now kiss me, wench, and I shall spank you!”

“Of course, Miss.” Jane joined in the amateur dramatics, before reaching out to kiss Katie.

“Not like that! I want your face in my tits! Hands behind your back” Seizing the advantage of surprise, Katie grabbed Jane’s head with both hands, firmly thrusting it deep into her cleavage.

Even without the soft breast-flesh in her face, Jane would have been breathless. Katie’s ample mounds certainly made sure, though, cutting off all air. Try as she might, Jane was easily overpowered and she quickly realised acquiescence was the only way to freedom… and oxygen. Placing her hands behind her back, she let herself fall deeper and deeper into Katie’s bosom.

“Ah, that’s better!” Katie mocked, maintaining her vice-like grip. “Now, one kiss on each nipple, and an extra kiss up here for luck!”

The last kiss earned Jane freedom from Katie’s grasp, but she took her time with it anyway. The encounter had only stoked Jane’s fire further. Every touch of Katie’s lips felt like pure electricity; every second together an eternity to be savoured.

The kiss ended, as all kisses eventually must. The pair stood in silence, staring dumbstruck at each other. Rocked by the intensity of the whole affair, Jane still felt weirdly dissatisfied, and she could see the same in her partner. A need was building: a physical ache, and both of them knew for what. A few more moments with Katie would do it, Jane reasoned, but the game was in full flow, and it would be a shame to spoil it. She would just have to take all that energy and channel it into the next hunt.

Of course the formalities were not over yet, though. The small matter of a spanking needed to be dealt with. “Bend over! Legs apart!” Katie regained her composure, “If we’re going to do this, we might as well do this properly!”

Jane’s legs almost gave way through the spanking, they trembled so much. Not through force of impact or the sweet burning pain of her ass cheeks. Desire outflanked those and then some. Thoughts of the game almost evaporated as every nerve in her body exploded. Resistance to those urges was practically an alien concept for Jane nowadays, and she accepted her blows with relish.

“Your turn.” Katie’s face hardened into one of determination as she pulled away.

“Wait…!” Jane cried out, wanting to pull her back; needing to feel her for just another moment. Trying to start after her, she soon realised her legs wouldn’t take her. She needed to do the count. “One… Two… Threeeee…”

With every count, Katie moved further away. The count was only to ten, but it may well have been a thousand. A tear escaped as the hope of fulfilment faded, leaving need and emptiness in their wake.

“Four… Five… Six…”

Further and further still. Even trying to speed up the count didn’t work: the faster she tried to cover the numbers, the longer it seemed to take. Need slowly turned to desperation.

“Seven… Eight…”

Katie turned around, looking almost as pained as Jane felt. Her hand had migrated to her crotch and she was furiously trying to bring herself to climax. She was still moving away, but only barely. Jane knew the woman’s resolve had broken, and she waited only to be caught. The pair stared at each other, both of them willing Jane to end her count. Only two left.

“Nine… Ten… Noooo…!”

It happened in slow motion, at least as far as Jane was concerned. Unable to run, Katie fell easily to Petra’s advances. Lustful cravings washed away any sense of loyalty. The two collapsed into a heap on the ground, unable to resist each other any longer.

The betrayal hurt Jane, cutting into her like a knife. The denial hurt more, though, and if Katie was no longer available, there must be alternatives. Scanning the field quickly resolved that. Mercedes and Ferrarri had barely left each other’s company since the game (or even the week) began. This left only Maria, and if Ferrarri was a chaser, then by elimination that meant Maria was prey.

Prey was a bad word, though. Prey implied someone not wanting to be caught. Prey doesn’t describe someone running towards their stalker. The need had clearly affected her too.

Maria stumbled, perhaps deliberately, falling to the ground at Jane’s feet. Jane dropped to her knees in kind. No words were spoken. No words were needed. No pleasantries, no glances, no seduction. Just pure, unadulterated lust and an aching void crying out to be filled. Within seconds, all conscious thought had disappeared in a haze of rapturous passion.

* * *

“So what do you want then, mate?”

“Wha…?”

“What do you want from the deli?” Mike repeated, “I’m picking up lunch.”

“Err.” Joe replied. It wasn’t that late was it? He’d only just arrived at the group’s office an hour ago. Come to think of it, he was hungry, though.

He looked at the clock on the computer. It was 1pm.

Where had all the time gone? He’d left home at nine. One hour to get here put his arrival at roughly ten. Plus an hour or so at work made it about eleven. Where had the other two hours gone?

“Well? What do you want?”

“I don’t know. Just get me whatever’s on offer. No pickle, though. I hate that.”

“No problem.” Mike headed for the exit.

Joe returned to his work, wondering about the lost time? Had Felix been using the subliminals on him again? Not according to the tracking software installed on everyone’s machine; the one installed after Felix’s last meeting.

Then he noticed it. The screen power light flashing. Three blinks and a pause. Three blinks and a pause.

Joe knew instantly where his time had gone. He’d spent it installing his own subliminal frequency monitor. Three blinks meant a successful test. The plan had worked!

Knowing the likely security around here, Joe had figured that the best way to get his monitor past security was to completely forget about it. His home-made suggestions had apparently seen to that. He must also have forgotten about the installation: a side effect, most likely. Joe smiled and relaxed into his chair. He now had an edge.

As long as nobody had seen him do it.

The thought just popped into his head. What if they had seen him installing the monitor? He couldn’t even remember doing it, so he couldn’t be sure if he’d noticed anybody watching him. If anybody had, they weren’t saying anything now; he wasn’t been carried out kicking and screaming by a bunch of goons. That had to mean something. Surely?

Mike returned a short while later, sandwiches in hand. Joe thanked him and gave him the money. Mike nodded and passed him the receipt. “You might wanna make sure that’s right, mate.”

“I’m sure it is.” Joe barely glanced at it before putting it in his pocket.

“Just make sure!” Mike insisted, trying to remain as quiet as possible.

Pulling the receipt from his pocket, Joe looked at the slip of paper. It seemed normal enough, but someone had written on the back. Turning it over, he saw the reason for Mike’s insistence.

“Felix is onto us. Must change meet location.”

Noting the new location on the receipt slip, Joe put the receipt back in his pocket. “Thanks, mate. That looks right.” The need for discretion was obvious, and looking around, the others seemed oblivious to the exchange.

Joe took a bite from his sandwich and returned to work. His thoughts were elsewhere, however. The final sentence on Mike’s note repeated again and again in his mind…

“Make sure you’re not followed.”