The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Mindfield – Chapter Six (Frozen Assets)

The other heroines had not been idle while Phoebe tried to escape the Enslaver’s maze. From the Shroud’s point of view, no one would waste the time and energy necessary to ward an entire building, unless it contained something important. It was just too extravagant to be merely a trap (although it was likely that there would be more nasty surprises inside).

Neither Snowblind nor Cypher had any skills that would help the mystic to breech the villain’s security. Instead they busied themselves scanning their surroundings for more threats. Although they didn’t voice it, all three heroines were anxious as to what might have happened to Phoebe. Having lost one colleague already and with Cypher’s near miss, things did not look good for the missing speedster.

Miriam was perhaps even more cautious than usual. The villain had already concealed traps within seemingly simple enchantments. She had guessed the nature of the spell, still lying in wait inside Carol’s mind and had no intention of falling prey to a similar booby trap. It took three more checks before she finally believed that there were no hidden effects and even then she could not shake the feeling that she was still missing something.

The Shroud knew that she could simply shatter the mystic ward by exercising her power. However, despite everything, she still wanted to maintain at least some element of surprise. Instead she acted very much as she had with Carol, subverting the spell and forcing it to work for her. The sorceress was braced for surprises but it appeared that her analysis had been accurate. With but a moment’s concentration the ward was now hers to control.

Three nervous heroines stepped quietly inside the building, only Miriam noticing the slight prickling sensation as she passed through the magical barrier. Almost as soon as she was inside, the mystic could sense what was being concealed. The building contained an enormous wellspring of energy, almost certainly the source of the Enslaver’s power. Miriam knew instinctively that she would not be able to harness this power for herself. The villain had already attuned himself to it and only an elaborate ritual (or failing that, the magician’s death) would allow others access to it.

The heroine glanced around nervously. With the degree of subtly she had witnessed so far and this amount of raw power, there really was no telling what he might be capable of. It really was little wonder that Amanda had fallen under his power. Miriam began to subtly strength her magical protections. Once again she felt pangs of guilt, knowing that she would be leaving her friends almost completely unprotected. But there was no other choice, she could shield them all ineffectively and have them all fall. Or she could defend herself at the expense of the others but thereby have the chance to win through.

Miriam glanced at the other two heroines. Truth be told, Carol had fallen already, she just didn’t know about it. She had no illusions that Natasha would fare any better. The only one of them with any chance of besting this villain was the Shroud. A heroine’s life was one of sacrifice, but in these circumstances it seemed that it would be her friends who paid the necessary price.

Not trusting herself to speak, she gestured for them to follow her and unknowingly entered the Enslaver’s maze.

* * *

Alexander didn’t really think of himself as a henchman or worse still, a minion of the Enslaver. He was moderately happy with the idea of being his young apprentice but preferred the title of trainee supervillain. The young man knelt carefully beside the silent heroine. Then, working swiftly, he began to complete the complicated spell, which was keeping her blank and helpless.

Carefully he ran one finger around Phoebe’s midriff, his tracing digit leaving a narrow black band in its wake. Next he drew a simple collar around her throat, before finally completing the picture with an unadorned tiara. Almost as soon as the neophyte mage had completed his work, thin laces flowed around her naked form, framing her beauty.

Now that she was secure, the apprentice could begin his work in earnest. A simple cantrip would allow his captive to hear even whispered words with absolute clarity. The heroine’s mind, empty now of all distractions, would be filled with new thoughts, new ideas. Alexander found that despite his efforts, he was becoming aroused. Briefly he considered the young woman who lay bound before him, her nubile body tantalisingly close. The consequences of disobedience were almost too awful to contemplate, but he couldn’t shake the thought of taking his pleasure with this heroine.

He was silent and still for long moments as he waged an internal battle over what to do next. Then, finally, he took a deep breath and muttered another spell. Instantly his ardour was banished, the magical equivalent of a cold shower. He cast his eyes, longingly, over his victim and then, shaking his head sadly, he activated the tiara.

The black band began to pulse softly with an inner light. Alexander knew that each time it did so, the magical headband was implanting knew thoughts and ideas into the receptive blankness. Each pulse sent a rewarding shiver of pleasure through her, eventually making her groan into the gag. Every groan made her body respond, dampening her mind once more, keeping her placid and unable to resist. Knowing this, the apprentice found himself becoming aroused again.

* * *

The villain was dividing his attention between two screens. In the first he could see his apprentice while he worked on Slipstream’s conversion. While on the main display, the remaining three heroines were walking gingerly through the maze. He suppressed his irritation as one by one, the cameras began to fail. Fighting the urge to activate Carol’s latent enchantment, he tried to guess which route they were taking.

He knew that by now the Shroud would have found his centre of power. It did not take much intuition to realise that she would be heading towards it. The Enslaver peered at the map, if they took the most direct route, it would lead them through “Vent Alley”. He allowed himself a grim smile. Although the traps there did use a mixture of technology and magic, he felt confident that they would be effective. It seemed that at least one more heroine was about to fall into his clutches.

Minutes later he was rewarded as a softly flashing light appeared on the map. Someone had blundered into a drone vent; all he had to do now, was to wait until the victim was deposited below.

* * *

The shutter slammed down with breath-taking speed. Natasha had felt something shift beneath her foot and reflexively had taken a step back. Released by the pressure plate, a solid mass of metal just dropped into the corridor, sealing it. The heroine spun, and was just in time to see a second shutter drop into place behind her. Cursing, she began to beat her fists against the wall.

On the far side of the barrier, Miriam and Carol had been equally shocked. They called out to the other woman, but the metal deadened the sound. Each reached out with their powers, but it quickly became apparent that this was not the answer. Carol could sense no technology nearby and to Miriam’s surprise she found that the entire shutter was formed from cold-forged iron, anathema to magic of all kinds.

Natasha was having more luck from her side. By directing a chilling blast of super-cooled ice at the metal she was hoping to make it brittle enough to shatter. The barrier was heavy and thick, but she was sure that given time, she could find a way through. Of course, in the Enslaver’s maze, time was something that was generally in short supply.

The heroine didn’t notice as small vents began to open behind her. Noiselessly they began to disgorge their contents. Six small silver spheres floated free, the air shimmering around them as they began to encircle the oblivious woman. It was only when one strayed into the periphery of her vision, that Natasha realised her peril.

She spun quickly, keeping her back to the wall in the hope that it would offer some protection. Wisps of steam began to form around her hands and the temperature dropped precipitously. The drones slowly spun around her and Natasha could tell that their aim was to attack her from all directions. Not wishing to have to react to whatever they were programmed to do, the heroine decided to go on the offensive.

Her first icy burst enshrouded the nearest sphere, it registered the attack with a short whine, before it shattered into broken shards. She moved to target the next machine as they launched their own attack. Five beams of light shone out and, not knowing what this might mean, Natasha danced nimbly out of the their path. Of course, for a moment the beams still played over her and although she only experienced a fraction of the effect, the heroine knew that she was in trouble.

Her second shot went widely off target as warmth and excitement flowed through her. She kept moving, knowing that the tiny weapons were tracking her. Blindly she launched several more blasts and was rewarded with another startled screech. Her opponents were down to four now, she might be able to manage this. Another brush of their energy beams left her reeling and as she danced away she chided herself for getting too cocky.

* * *

Phoebe found a new reality forming around her. She felt wonderful, relaxed and happy. Each new thought popped obligingly into her mind. She found that when she just accepted, her reward was pleasure such as she had never experienced before. At first some part of her might have tried to resist, she just couldn’t remember. Every time her thoughts seemed to stray or fought to shape themselves, everything would fade into blankness and she would only recover when new ideas had taken hold, replacing the old.

She had no thoughts of her own, nothing to interfere with or confuse what she needed to learn. She was empty, blank, helpless and that aching void begged to be filled. If she wanted to remain this happy, feeling this wonderful, then she just needed to do as she was told. Her pleasure came from her total submission, her obedience. So long as she was a good girl, so long as she did what she was told, then she could stay here in this wonderful place.

The thought of not being here filled her with horror. It was so intense that she found herself drifting quietly into blankness while the thoughts calmed and reassured her. When she next was aware, Phoebe realised that she had to be someone’s good girl. That she needed someone to tell her what to do. That she needed to be owned. With that realisation, the pleasure drove her back into the abyss.

All the while, Alexander watched and enjoyed. He could sense some part of her inner conflict and knew that by now she was so far down the process that she would be actively assisting the changes being made to her. Effectively she was binding herself even more tightly to the control. The chains she forged would be almost unbreakable and with a little mystical assistance, the proud heroine would never regain her much vaunted free will.

* * *

It seemed that they had reached a stalemate. By dodging and weaving she was able to avoid the majority of the drone’s probing beams. But, it was almost impossible to aim when she was constantly in motion. The problem was that Natasha was tiring, while the machines continued relentlessly. The heroine knew that she had to think of a new approach, and soon.

Ignoring the attacking spheres for a moment, she instead sucked the heat from the air around her. Moisture began to freeze, forming an ice shield in front of her. To her relief she saw that the brilliant light could not penetrate her hastily erected wall. Now that she had an effective defence, Natasha felt confident to take the fight back to the machines. Once more she focussed her powers, coating her body in transparent armour. Immune to the cold, she could now bide her time and aim more carefully.

The four remaining drones were quickly whittled down to three and then two. But, over-reaching due to her newfound invulnerability, Natasha had lost track of one of the orbiting spheres. She didn’t notice as it swept behind her, targeting her with a small laser. In an instant it had melted through her armour. Then, without warning, it reactivated the shiny beam of energy. The light shone through the chink in her defences, focussing between her legs.

Sensation flowed into her, brilliant and burning. Her nerves were on fire and her mind struggled to recover from the continuous onslaught. Sensing its opportunity, the remaining drone moved to hover before her face. Its own laser made short work of her facial armour and then it was able to illuminate her face. The light glowed in her eyes, igniting her optic nerve and washing up into her mind. Pleasure, so pure that it was like a physical force, threatened to consume her.

Natasha had no idea when she had fallen to her knees. All she could see was the blinding light. All she could feel was the orgasmic fire that burnt into her. Her defences were all melting away. The icy armour now nothing but water, soaking into her costume. Soon her thoughts, her mind, would melt as well, leaving nothing to resist the Enslaver’s attack.

* * *

Cypher and the Shroud finally decided that they were wasting their time trying to breech the barrier. For a while they had assumed that Snowblind would find her own way through, but now that hope was fading. There was nothing for it but to continue into the villain’s lair. Their goal was still the power source and they were resigned to facing whatever traps lay along the route.

Miriam was concerned that the Enslaver might be able to track them through Carol’s enchantment. At first she had tried to construct some sort of countermeasure but as they moved deeper into the maze, she began to wonder if this was something she might be able to turn against him. At the moment they were very much dancing to his tune, and so far that had cost them another two colleagues. It was way past time for them to start taking the initiative.

The mystic motioned her friend to stop. Then, being careful not to activate the villain’s concealed trap, she reassessed the spell that still lurked, inactive, in Carol’s mind. Once again she found herself marvelling at the subtle complexities of this sorcerer’s work. She had missed it on at least two occasions, but now that she knew what to look for, it was unmistakable. A tiny strand of energy drifted away into space, the link that connected the spell with its caster.

The trick was that such a link worked in both directions. It could be used by the caster in order to trace where their victim might be. But, it could also be traced back by an interested third party. Miriam did not have any illusions that the villain would have left himself unprotected, but it did give them another way of navigating the maze. Bracing herself, the heroine pushed out with her perceptions and began to follow the link back to its source.

* * *

The light was her world now. It flashed and spun, spirally into kaleidoscope patterns. Thoughts, emotions and sensations all shattered into fractals. The heroine was reduced to a moaning, drooling, climaxing puppet. Her entire being dissolving as she was taken again and again by the potency of the drone’s beam.

Even as the two drones let their energy play over her body, more machines were being released from new vents. She could offer no resistance as they began to strip her costume from her. If the beams had been devastating when experienced through the flimsy garment, as soon as they began to shine on her naked flesh, it was clear that she had only felt a fraction of their power. Moans became screams and her climaxes merged into a single irresistible orgasm.

More light lit up the young woman and the remaining drones began to “dress” her in her own set of laces, identical to those now adorning both Amanda and Phoebe. This was a difficult process, for although she was unable to resist, her body continued to move in response to what she was feeling. But, in the end, it only meant that it took slightly longer, for, eventually she too was neatly packaged, helpless now and ready to be programmed for an entirely new role.