The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

More Sleepy Adventures in Crescent City – Part 14 (Geist in the Gauntlet)

The Gadgeteer was still recovering from her inadvertent exposure to The Confectioner’s drug. She remained completely unaware of what had happened and, each time a nagging doubt tried to surface, she unconsciously pushed it aside.

* * *

Meanwhile, The Anaesthetist had decided to allow one of the heroines a last chance to win their freedom. Working on the principle of ‘first come, first served’, he felt that Geist should earn that very special honour.

The villain had settled on a fairly simple trial for the young heroine. In essence, she would have to ‘run the gauntlet’. She would try to make it to the end of a particular stretch of corridor, which he would carefully prepare before hand. The corridor led to a hatch, through which she would be able to escape. Of course, if she failed to reach the exit for any reason, she would lose and her only prize would be one of The Gadgeteer’s control collars.

It took him some time to set up the gauntlet to his exacting standards, but he was determined to provide an appropriate challenge. Of course, being a villain, he was not entirely ‘fair’ with the devices he chose to seed the corridor. But then, that was one of the benefits of setting your own rules. When he was finally satisfied, The Anaesthetist turned his attention to the superheroine herself.

With deft-precision, he unbound Geist, leaving her sleep mask in place for the moment. Next, he removed a small patch from his capacious pockets and, after carefully peeling off its backing, he smoothed the small plaster onto his captive’s groin. In the few seconds he had, before the adhesive set hard, the villain made sure that it was perfectly positioned.

He had decided that her baggy, figure-concealing outfit had been totally inappropriate for a heroine. So, in deference to her modesty, the villain was going to give her a new, more daring costume. Using a special formulation, ‘borrowed’ from The Gadgeteer, who intended to use it for her own new uniform, the villain literally sprayed on Geist’s new suit.

In moments, the heroine was coated from the neck down with a silver sheen. Only her hands and feet were uncovered. But the substance was so clinging, that it did nothing to conceal and, in fact, seemed to draw attention to every inch of her body. The Anaesthetist paused for a moment to admire his handiwork, adding a little of the spray here and there until he had achieved exactly the effect he was looking for.

Before he left, The Anaesthetist removed Geist’s sleep mask. Then he settled himself in a separate room, watching developments through the lair’s surveillance system. Slowly he counted down, knowing precisely when the heroine would rouse. As he reached zero, the villain activated the recording devices.

* * *

Geist fought the urge to move, while she gradually became aware of her surroundings. She found herself blushing as she remembered the over-powering sensations, which had led to her capture. Then, abruptly, she was shocked out of her train of thought by an electronically magnified voice that spoke directly to her.

“Good evening my sleepy friend, I trust that you enjoyed your rest.”

For a few seconds Geist tried to maintain the façade that she was still asleep and then the voice spoke again.

“I know that you have recovered from your medicine. Please allow me to introduce myself, I am The Anaesthetist, and of course, sedating beautiful women is what I excel at.”

Realising that there was no point in continuing her ruse, the heroine rose slowly to her feet. She was stunned when she saw the outfit in which she had been dressed. A shiny, silver body stocking, which clung to her body, revealing every intimate detail. Once again, the heroine found herself blushing, embarrassment over-riding her fear, for the moment at least.

* * *

In his observation room, The Anaesthetist admired his captive. He noted her flushed features with wry amusement. This would no doubt prove to be a most stimulating trial.

“Now, although I had you completely at my mercy,” the villain began, noting how she could not stop herself from shivering when he spoke, “I am no without a sense of fair play.”

* * *

The irony was not lost on the heroine, but she did not seem to have any option but to listen to his monologue.

* * *

“The challenge for you is very simple. If you can make your way down this corridor,” he continued, as an exit opened in Geist’s cell, “and through the hatch at the end, then you will go free”.

* * *

Geist peered through the door, seeing a narrow passage leading to a large door. The door looked heavy, and had a large wheel in its centre. She halted her brief observation, because the villain had started talking again.

* * *

“Naturally, if you can’t make it to the exit, then you will be mine, to do with as I wish.” Once again, The Anaesthetist enjoyed the look of horror and the involuntary shudder from his victim, as he suggested her fate.

* * *

An ominous silence replaced the villain’s voice and Geist, once again, focussed her attention on the corridor in front of her. The floor, walls and ceiling all seemed to be covered in the same ceramic tiles. Diffuse light came from above, but the heroine could not locate its source. Her attention was drawn to two small ‘turrets’, which slowly tracked back and forth, each covering a different part of the passage.

Although there were no other, obvious defences, Geist was sure that more traps lay between her and the exit. Despite her trepidation, she could not think of any approach, other than simply trusting to her powers, and moving as cautiously as possible. So, after several deep, calming breaths, the young superheroine focussed her mind, and silently faded from sight.

* * *

The Anaesthetist watched with fascination as the girl disappeared. He quickly cycled the surveillance cameras through the electromagnetic spectrum, but there was no sign of his quarry. Even the seismic sensors and motion detectors registered nothing, and yet, he knew that even now she must be starting her journey into the gauntlet.

* * *

Geist kept glancing at the nearest turret, waiting for it to swivel towards her. But, to her relief (and not inconsiderable surprise) it blithely continued its slow back and forth movement. She reminded herself that it certainly wasn’t going to be this easy as she crept forwards, each step bringing her closer to salvation.

* * *

The Anaesthetist rested his finger lightly over a small dial, wondering how long he should wait. Then, without warning, there was an explosion of activity in the corridor.

* * *

Geist’s powers had evaded several traps already, even though the heroine wasn’t aware of that fact. The sensors did not notice as she broke invisible beams, and, as the villain had discovered, even the most sensitive detector would not react to her presence. Unfortunately, the thin tripwire was a purely mechanical trap, and as such had no ‘brain’ to fool.

She felt a moment of resistance as she stepped forward, and instantly knew that something was wrong. Without a thought, the young heroine threw herself backwards. A deluge of liquid sprayed from concealed holes overhead. If she had chosen, in that split second, to roll forwards, she would still have been caught. But, luckily the trap had been set, assuming its victim would have continued to press forward, towards freedom.

Almost as soon as the liquid hit air, it began to solidify. Thin streams of the white, sticky mess congealed on the floor. Geist knew that she had only narrowly avoided been buried under it, vulnerable to whatever else The Anaesthetist had planned.

* * *

For a moment the villain thought it was all over, slightly surprised at how short a time the heroine had remained free. But then he saw how the capture string had piled upon itself. There was no heroine trapped in the midst of it, invisible or not. He smiled happily, she had made it a quarter of the way to the door, and that seemed a sensible time to ‘even the odds’ a little. With that, he turned the dial carefully to its first setting.

* * *

Geist was rolling to her feet when the small patch activated. She stumbled as it buzzed to life, its attention perfectly focussed where it would be most effective. The superheroine let out a small whimper, before biting her lip in an attempt to silence herself. The buzzing continued, and she could feel her attention slipping.

”Oh God,” she thought. “It’s happening again!”

* * *

The Anaesthetist saw a slender shape on the monitors, which seemed to flicker in and out of existence. The nearest turret also detected something, and immediately swung to engage. A high-pitched whine issued from it, as it fired a salvo towards the stricken girl.

* * *

The heroine struggled to calm herself and regain her composure. An instant later, as she heard the strange whining noise, she hurled her body to one side. A cluster of tiny needles struck the patch of floor she had just vacated, where they shattered into fine dust. Geist was moving as soon as she rolled to her feet, at the same time pushing her power as much as she was able.

* * *

Once again, the girl disappeared from his screens. That first shot had been so close, and he wondered idly if she might have gotten a partial dose when the crystalline drug shattered so close nearby. Grinning now, he turned the dial again. “Let’s see how good your concentration really is,” he laughed to himself.

* * *

Meanwhile, Geist was clawing at the silver material, trying to get to the patch beneath it. Although thin, the costume seemed unusually strong, and she was making little headway. That all changed when the buzzing advanced to the next level. The heroine’s body almost went into spasm as a wave of pleasure threatened to drown her. Her nails ripped through the material as she convulsed into orgasm.

Of course, she was immediately visible again, and lying on her stomach, in plain view, she should have been an easy target. But luck was on her side. The turret did not have a clear shot, (its line of fire was partly obscured by the hardening mass of capture string). Of course, even for a heroine, luck can only take you so far. Although most of the needles shattered impotently before they reached her, one fragment had enough momentum to carry it to its target.

Geist didn’t notice, she was still recovering from that first orgasm, and the needle was just too fine. The crystal punched into her raised backside, instantly dissolving into her bloodstream. But, even as the buzzing began to push her towards another climax, her fingers closed on the small patch, and she ripped it free, cursing as the adhesive pulled at her skin.

* * *

The first turret had exhausted its supply of needles now, and the second turret did not have enough range to strike her. The Anaesthetist saw her pull the patch free, and silently cursed. Part of him would enjoy seeing her escape, if only because he knew that she would return and let him try to capture her again, but it was frustrating none the less.

* * *

She didn’t think that this moment of calm would last much longer. But now that the patch had been dealt with, it was so much easier to exert her powers. She was breathing a little hard now, but that was to be expected. She concentrated again, and felt herself fading from view. Picking her way down the corridor, wary of more tripwires, Geist advanced.

* * *

The Anaesthetist decided to try one final trick, it lacked elegance, but sometimes, practical solutions were necessary, no matter how ugly. He estimated that his captive would be almost three quarters of the way to the exit by now, and at that point, he activated all the remaining defences. They had no target, but merely fired randomly into space.

* * *

The world erupted into life around a somewhat startled Geist. The second turret whined into life, disgorging needles seemingly at random. Another capture string dispenser sprayed widely into the corridor. Segments of floor opened, revealing slippery shafts that led away into darkness. Even jets of gas vented themselves at random points. It took her several terrified moments to realise that she had not triggered any hidden trap, and that these attacks were not aimed at her. Her slow progress had caused the villain to active his trap too early, had she been where he thought, there was no way she would have been able to escape.

She waited. Eventually the devices ran out of ammunition, the shafts remained open and an eerie silence fell over the passage again. Geist stayed still for a few more minutes, just to be sure and then she stole forward again, glancing warily at the turret. However, despite her trepidation, she managed to reach her goal without any other reaction.

* * *

In his observation room, the villain saw the large wheel begin to turn. He was surprised that she had escaped his last-ditch attempt to stop her, but not particularly upset. She was a remarkable woman, and he looked forward to their next confrontation.

* * *

Geist struggled with the wheel, it was oily and slippery and her recent exertions seemed to have sapped her strength more than she realised. But eventually, the wheel turned and the door swung ponderously open. A glance told her all she needed to know, the hatch opened into a steam tunnel. Sparing one backwards glance at the gauntlet, Geist stepped through the hatch, which obligingly closed behind her.

* * *

The Anaesthetist chuckled to himself, the superheroine had managed to escape. But, of course, he never played an entirely fair game. He had taken the liberty of coating the door with a powerful drug. Given how long it had taken for the wheel to turn, he imagined that she must have received a significant dose. He could only estimate how long it would take to affect her, but once she could no longer use her powers, it should be easy to locate her.

After all, he reasoned, he had been true to his word, she could escape, it was just that he would capture her again soon after.

To be continued…