The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

NEW MANAGEMENT

by Colleen Whyte

“So Shirl, what you heard about the new owner?” Cath prompted the other girl at her work table. All around them was the dull clatter of sewing machines, a half dozen women bent over their machines as they fed fabric through. Shirley glanced up as she deftly replaced a bobbin, not yet nineteen she had still clocked up four years with Addax, three more than Cath who was a relative newcomer.

“Not much,” she mumbled, “S’posed to be quite young. His dad’s rich so perhaps this is something to get his kid out of the house.”

“Young and rich. I could do with a bit of that!” Cath laughed. It passed unnoticed amongst the other women as they carried on with the drudgery of their work. Shirley just gave a grunt of acknowledgment as she pushed the foot pedal and ran the two halves of a smock past the chattering needle. Managers and owners did occasionally screw around with the staff, occasionally they even married them, but Cath wasn’t a likely candidate. Short, plump and perpetually dishevelled in her drab work clothes she wasn’t likely to catch the roving eye of even the most undiscerning young scion.

Shirley would have been a much more likely, dark haired, pretty and naturally thin, except that she didn’t go in for that sort of thing. Getting away from work at the end of the day kept her sane, she had no intention of becoming any more involved with Addax than to meet her quota of cheap garments and pick up her pay packet. The only good she saw in a new owner was that the factory wouldn’t be closing down, at least not immediately.

Cath was lining up another question, gossip so important to breaking the monotony of their job, when Beverly Craly stepped out of her office and clapped her hands for attention. In stark contrast to the rest of the women in the room, Beverly was dressed in corporate best, mid-heel pumps, slender knee-length skirt, tailored jacket with cuffs, lapels and padded shoulders, immaculate makeup and her blond hair pulled into a tight and formal bun. It took several seconds for the clatter of the machines to die away and then she began her announcement.

“Staff.” An affectation of hers, male managers would have used ‘girls’ or ‘ladies’ and would have been less condescending. “As most of you already know the company has been experiencing some financial difficulties in competing with cost-reduced imports. Fortunately this unit has been purchased and the threat of immediate closure has been alleviated.”

That was met with a mixture of relief and disdain, separating those who didn’t think they could find work elsewhere from those that marked out time between pays. Beverly let the women settle before continuing.

“Now the new owner will be coming through this afternoon. I’m sure we can all be happy and productive when he arrives, I must emphasise that we have to prove to be a going concern or we’re all likely to end up out of work.” She paused to emphasise her point, then finished with, “Carry on then.” and stepped back in to her office.

“Well, well, well,” Cath said just quietly enough that only Shirley and a few others would hear her. “Bossy Bev looks like she’s sitting on tacks. I don’t think she’s entirely happy.”

“Shouldn’t think so,” Noreen cackled from her worksite. “She thought she’d be in charge when old Trevor quit. Now she’s got to worry about a new owner who like as not will put his girlfriend in. May want to paint yourself up after all Cath, could be you if he takes a fancy.”

All the women laughed at that, including Cath. They were used to managers coming and going, usually they were just temporary tyrants pushing the women to work faster while putting up with pressure from the company to produce more for less. The women didn’t really care, they just carried on at their usual pace week in and week out.

* * *

Mike Aldus was even younger than Beverly Craly had expected. From their short conversation since meeting him at the station she had already worked out that he had just finished a management course at a polytech and had been given the money by his father to set up a business. He was desperately trying to look like a young go-getter from the City but looked more like a teenager forced to wear his Sunday best for a funeral.

In fact his immaturity struck Beverly at every turn, from how his gaze kept drifting down to her modest neckline to his clumsy attempts to be a gentleman and open doors for her. Still it could all work in her favour, he was likely to get bored very quickly and as long as he didn’t pull his money out she was more than happy to run the factory in his absence.

They arrived together at the work floor to be greeted by rowdy catcalls and off-colour jibes from Cath and the rest of the women. At that moment it struck Beverly how much the place reminded her of a b-grade woman’s prison movie.

“Staff, please!” Beverly extolled as she raised her hands for silence, “Mr Aldus is new and could well misunderstand this display.”

“Can’t have that now, can we!” Noreen yelled over the noise, “We just want to see his butt!” That elicited calls of ‘Get Em Off!’ from her work mates.

“That’s enough!” Beverly screeched this time, she really didn’t need to be shown up like this. The fury in her voice brought the silence she sought.

“Now, this is Mr Aldus who is the new owner and general manager. You’ll be pleased to know that he has no immediate plans to change the staffing. I’ll quickly introduce everyone and then I’ll let you get back to work.”

“This is our senior machinist, Debbie.”

“Hello,” the middle aged woman said as shook Mike’s proffered hand. Despite her lack of makeup and basic jeans and sweat shirt attire, Mike could see potential in Debbie, she had a good figure for someone who sat behind a machine all day.

“Gena, who fills in for me as supervisor when I’m with clients,” Beverly said as she pulled Mike along before Debbie realised he was staring at her breasts.

“Mr Aldus,” was Gena’s formal response. Mike got the immediate feeling that Gena would like to be Beverly, to look like her, to have her job, to rise above the rest of the machinists. She had a somewhat harsh face, too thin with a hooked nose and her mousy brown hair was pulled back into a lose ponytail that wasn’t very flattering.

“Noreen, who is the longest serving member of staff.” Even Mike could hear the disdain in Beverly’s voice as she said that.

“H’lo luv,” Noreen said with genuine warmth as she shook hands with Mike. It didn’t bother her that he was staring at her breasts, after three husbands and a dozen children she didn’t give a toss about harassment in the workplace, if anything she was likely to be the culprit.

“Shirley,” as Beverly dragged Mike onto the next. Mike definitely liked what he saw here, Shirley was quite a looker and completely wasted in a dead end job like this. In turn Shirley remained impassive and emotionlessly polite as she felt his eyes ogle her.

“Cath.”

“If you ever need anyone to keep you company at lunch time, darling,” Cath leered straight back at him and for a moment Mike got an inkling of what it was like to be on the receiving end.

“And our newest machinist, Linsey joined us only two weeks ago, straight out of school.”

“Polytech,” Linsey corrected her supervisor in the quietest of voices, “I have a diploma in fabric design.”

“What? Oh yes, isn’t that excellent for a sixteen year old,” Beverly enthused in an effort to cover her error.

“I’m eighteen.”

“Oh, very sorry. Anyway back to work everyone,” Beverly flushed with embarrassment at being shown up and hurried Mike on towards the offices. “Show our new manager how keen we all are while I show him to his office.”

Mike got one last look at Linsey as Beverly practically dragged him away. It was easy to mistake her for someone much younger, a slender girl with thick glasses and lank hair not helping her timid demeanour. Not particularly attractive but that would change Mike thought as he plotted out his roles.

* * *

Beverly knocked lightly on the door and resisted the urge to check that her hem was straight and her hair in place. She knew that all of the women would be watching from behind their machines and she didn’t want them for one moment to think that she was in any way awed by the new owner. Not hearing any reply to her knock, she opened the door and went in anyway to maintain her illusion of authority. She wasn’t surprised to find Mike engrossed in a computer game and she tried not to resent the fact that he had taken over the senior office.

She waited patiently as he paused his game and reseated himself in his chair in an attempt to appear more professional. “Ah, Bev ... Ms Craly,” he corrected himself, “I was just thinking about some changes I want to make and I’d like your input.”

Beverly nodded and placed a bundle of papers before him. “Of course, could you just sign these first?” With disquiet she noted that he still took the time to read everything before he would authorise, her hopes of turning him in to a figurehead were rapidly fading. The scratching noise of his pen brought her attention back to the matter at hand and she muttered a quiet thanks as she took the documents back.

“These changes?” she prompted.

“Ah yeah. I was kinda thinking about a uniform, something to give the place a bit more of an identity—be a bit more purposeful for any clients we show through.”

“I think that is an excellent idea, especially as so many of our clients are buying uniforms and coveralls from us.” Beverly responded with genuine agreement. The staff were by and large a scruffy lot wearing any old clothing to work, a uniform would smarten up the place and she could already see economic benefits. Not only would it be tax deductible while produced in-house, but she could work it in as a benefit for the next wage round.

“Oh um. Good.” Mike was nonplussed, he had expected Beverly to raise objections, even if just for the principle of opposing him. “The other thing I was thinking of was introducing a sound system into the factory so that the girls could have music, make it a bit less monotonous.”

“Hmm,” Beverly wasn’t so keen on this. “The staff tend to bring in a portable radio if they want to listen to something.”

“I think it would be better to have an integrated system, we could also use it for making announcements.”

That won Beverly over, instructing staff from the safety of her office and not having to put up with their backchat appealed. Especially if they set up their own music, with no breaks for advertisements and sports results they could keep the staff at a constant rate of work. Beverly found herself warming to Mike’s notions if not to him personally.

“I’ll cost it out and see if we can work it in to the budget,” she conceded.

“Don’t worry about that,” Mike replied airily, “I’ve got a mate from ‘tech who can do it.”

“I see,” and Beverly thought she did—some under the counter work for a mate and a bit of fiddling on the accounts. She didn’t mind, it provided her with ammunition for any future dispute.

“Good,” Mike said and she could see he was already drifting back to his computer game, “It’ll be set up over the weekend. Let the girls know about it, I’m sure you can sell it to them as a bonus.”

Beverly nodded and left his office.

* * *

Beverly was finding the music less irritating than she had expected, in fact it seemed to make the day fly by. She hadn’t had to run the gauntlet of snide remarks from the staff since it had started, not that they were any politer when she did her regular weekly mission statement but at other times they were too engrossed in their work to badger her. If she had known music could achieve so much she would have insisted upon it long ago.

Productivity was up, stress was down and everything was near what she had always strived for. So why was she feeling uncomfortable, she wondered as she fidgeted in her chair. Her slacks felt a bit tight around her thighs, just enough to be a constant pressure that wasn’t letting her concentrate on her work. They were an older pair, and if she had to choose between whether she had put on some weight or they had shrunk she would have to go with the latter—she was very conscientious about her diet and exercise.

Swinging her legs out from under her desk the trouser legs didn’t seem to be tight, they certainly weren’t bulging over her flesh and anyway the waistband didn’t feel tight. Beverly did notice that the knees were showing the first hint of shininess. Time for a new pair, she decided and gathering her purse headed out for an early lunch.

Going out through the workroom Beverly found the women agitated and gathered around the cutting table and for a moment she feared there was going to be a mutiny. But the women were focused on something else entirely, a parcel that had evidently just arrived.

“Go on, Cath” Noreen was prompting, “It has to be the new uniform and its got your name on it. Go on, open it so we can all see.”

Beverly was surprised that the staff were so eager to get their uniforms, she must have sold it better than she had thought. It still seemed a bit strange to her that they were getting an outside firm to make them but Mike had convinced her that it was best ... somehow. She didn’t get any longer to ponder that as Cath had ripped in to the package and Beverly had to admit she was as curious as the rest of them.

“Oh look, its shiny and feels like that stretch silk,” came one of the cackling voices. “Can’t be,” another voice piped in, “They’d never go that expense.” “Feels like it though,” Cath ventured as she pulled the garment out and held it up to her chubby body.

“Pretty, but is it a smock or a button through dress?” Debbie asked as Cath undid the line of large shiny buttons down the length of it.

“Dress I’d say,” Noreen suggested, “See its finished properly inside.”

“Right you are,” Cath said, pleased as punch that she had the first uniform. She peeled off her sweatshirt and track pants, eliciting smart remarks from the others that she could happily ignore, and slipped her arms through the short sleeves of the dress. Pulling the edges together she buttoned it up from the hem that was an inch above her knees to the sedate vee of the neck. She struggled a bit, especially over her bum and breasts but the material proved to have enough give that it all got done.

Giggling like a school girl she did a turn for them, the dress clinging tightly to her body and Beverly couldn’t help but notice that if anything it made her look chubbier. Cath and the staff didn’t seem to mind.

“Bit of a bra line showing, dear,” Noreen cackled. Cath just smirked and said “Then maybe I’ll stop wearing one.” That caused all the women to burst into laughter, except Beverly who quietly slipped out of the room.

Beverly made good time to her usual clothing store, she had every intention of trying on several pairs of trousers, having a light lunch at her favourite cafe and being back to work in under half an hour. She liked to think she was leading by example, keeping her lunch break short.

It didn’t quite work out that way, while the shop had its usual comprehensive range of dress and casual trousers, she just couldn’t seem to find a pair that were comfortable. Then the shop assistant mentioned the new range of business wear. It was her line—“Almost like the new uniform for the female executive.” that hooked Beverly. Somehow the idea intrigued her, the idea of a uniform for her as well as the staff just seemed to click, Beverly almost felt excited as she tried on the dark skirt and matching jacket. This felt comfortable, the skirt was tight but it didn’t feel like it was squeezing her legs like the trousers had. Shorter than she might normally have gone for, several inches above the knee but the assistant said that was the fashion.

Beverly strutted back to work, somehow the suit gave her a sense of power, and of excitement, verging on arousal if she was willing to be honest with herself. It was her uniform, her identification as a part of the business and a symbol of her rank. She almost felt like the captain of a ship. Well, more of a first officer since Mike was technically in charge. Yes, she liked that—first officer.

Back at work, no time for lunch in the end, and she approached the work room without trepidation for the first time ever. It was still just before noon so the machinists were just in the process of winding up what they were working on. All looked up as Beverly entered, some seemed impressed, some amused.

“That’s a nice outfit, Ms Craly,” Gena complimented her and blushed as Noreen hissed ‘Brown nose’ from behind her.

“Thank you, Gena,” Beverly replied without missing a step, “Haven’t the rest of the uniforms arrived yet?”

“No, Ms Craly. Mr Aldus said it might be a day or two between each one.”

“That’s a bit odd,” Beverly commented, mostly to herself. “Well I’ll be in my office if anyone needs me.” The last thing Beverly noticed before she passed through her door was that Cath wasn’t wearing a bra.

* * *

Beverly started and looked up guiltily as she heard a sudden commotion from the work room. She was in the process of going through Mike’s desk drawers and even though she had an excuse planned, she really didn’t want to get caught. However the excitement was over the arrival of the next uniform and that meant she was safe for the foreseeable future.

So far she hadn’t found anything too incriminating, just several computer games, a pad full of crude drawings of clothes—mainly skimpy, and three of her pens which had gone missing from her office. The final drawer yielded something a bit more dramatic, but still not worth much leverage. It was a small pile of soft porn magazines, nothing that you couldn’t buy at your local dairy. Several were supposedly specialist—Legs, Stockings, Big Breasts but a quick flick through didn’t reveal more than a progression of naked women, quite often with no notable relation to the subject of the magazine.

Then one of the magazines fell open at a dog eared page filled with phone sex advertisements, many of which had been circled in felt pen. This was more interesting, Beverly decided, if Mike was using the company phone account to ring these then she would have a good case against him. She quickly skimmed through the circled ads, ‘Nanny will punish naughty boys’; ‘Big busty wench will satisfy all your needs’; ‘School girl needs spanking’; ‘Plumpers for the man who likes a lot of woman’; ‘Madame Tasha administers discipline’. The ads seemed more exciting than the pictures to Beverly’s mind. Well she would have to check the next phone bill, although she couldn’t think why he would need something like this. He was, loathe as she was to admit it, quite good looking and with his money she didn’t think he would have much trouble getting laid.

The noise from the work room was beginning to abate and Beverly decided it would be a good time to leave before the women wondered what she was doing in Mike’s office. She carefully put everything back as it was and headed out. There she found Noreen at the centre of attention, modelling her new uniform.

Strangely, at least to Beverly as none of the staff seemed to mind, Noreen’s uniform was nothing like Cath’s. Instead Noreen was wearing a full length black dress of quite heavy material, emphasised even more by a double breasted front done up with large buttons. Contrasting with the black was a neat white cap which Noreen had bundled her hair under and a short white apron over the front of the skirt. It looked dreadfully old fashioned but Noreen, who had never let her advancing years hold her in the past, was delighted with it.

It didn’t make sense to Beverly, why was it different from Cath’s? Noreen was a lot more senior, in both years and time with the company but surely Mike didn’t intend to have a senior and junior uniform with a staff of only six.

Mike arrived at that moment and smiled good naturedly as the women gave him their usual crude greetings. “Next uniform has arrived, I see,” he commented and was immediately treated to a close up inspection by Noreen that was almost indecent.

“Glad you like it,” he laughed. “Now settle down and back to work everyone. Except you, Cath. I’ve got a client for you to liaise with.”

“But ...” Beverly stepped forward, her face a mixture of confusion and concern, “Shouldn’t I be handling that? I mean I normally handle potential clients ...”

“Um well,” Mike shifted nervously from foot to foot, “This client wants to get a feel for the place, talk to someone who actually does the work ... I mean one of the machinists ... I didn’t mean ....” But it was too late, Beverly had turned on her heel and stormed away to her office. On the surface she was projecting anger, but her haste was to hide the fact that she was about to burst into tears. For no reason that she could fathom, she was deeply hurt by Mike’s lack of confidence in her.

* * *

“So Cath, how’d it go?” Debbie asked the next morning as the women filed in to the work room. Cath hadn’t returned from her meeting with the client the previous day and everyone was desperately curious to know why.

“Well,” Cath said slowly, trying to draw out the attention all the more, “Mr Willif, Barry, took me to cafe on Broadway Terrace and bought me a huge cream bun and a chocolate eclair and even ordered extra whipped cream. Never had a man so keen to see me stuff my gob before.”

“Sounds like you’ve found your Mr Right,” Noreen teased and got shushed by the others who wanted to hear the rest of the story.

“Anyway, he just loves watching me eat and you can see him squirm when the cream squirts out of my mouth. He’s having trouble keeping it in his pants, if you know what I mean. I’m getting pretty horny by this stage too, so when he suggests a motel I think why the hell not? I mean, he’s pretty sweet and I don’t mind have a quick dirty on the companies time. He gets a big bag of jelly donuts and well, let’s just say they’re going to have to change the sheets at the motel.”

“What?” Linsey gasped, “Do you mean you ...?” She couldn’t bring herself to finish.

“Fucked? Yeah, boy did we ever. It was great, ‘specially as he was so keen on a lady with something to hold on to. See what you’re missing out on, Shirl?”

“I’ll pass, but I’m happy you’re happy. Any chance you’ll see him again?”

“Yeah, every Thursday afternoon. We’re booked in. Mike’s okay with it, in fact he reckons I’ll be more productive keeping the client happy than at a machine.”

“Wise man,” Gena commented.

* * *

Beverly was feeling better, Mike had explained to her that he wasn’t slighting her by sending Cath out with a client. Rather he was upskilling the staff, giving them all a chance to experience different facets of the company, that was why Debbie was out with a client at the moment. It all made sense, especially when he had pointed out that spending a few hours in her shoes, so to speak, would give them more respect for the very difficult job she did.

Not that she had much to do at the moment, Mike seemed to have a knack for finding new clients and much to her surprise he was very punctual about entering their details into the computer. She had briefly considered doing an audit of the books but somehow that seemed disloyal to the company, and to Mike—since that was who she would be trying to catch out.

Instead she straightened the hem of her skirt, checked her stockings were intact and set out for an early lunch. She had a bit of shopping to do, and since it was for clothes she could justify it as industrial espionage, seeing what was fashionable in the shops. It gave her a bit of a thrill to think that she would be trying on clothes for the good of the company.

In the work room she found Mike had brought in another client, she couldn’t believe how much effort he put in to promotion and she felt distinctly guilty about how she used to think of him. This one was a distinguished looking businessman, getting on in years but everything about him said success, you couldn’t look that comfortable in a three piece suit without years of practice. He was currently talking to Noreen and Beverly was glad to see that she was being sensible for once. A few of her jibes could lose them a contract but Noreen was almost elegantly formal at the moment.

Then Beverly caught a snippet of the conversation over the noise of the sewing machines and the music, it almost sounded like Noreen had told the client that he was ‘a very bad boy’! Beverly paled, then relaxed when the man smiled, obviously she had misheard. She didn’t think any more of it as Noreen led the man into the stock room, failing to notice the man was carrying a packet of disposable diapers.

It wasn’t until Beverly was trying on a new blouse in the overtly pink changing room of a boutique that she remembered Mike had had the stock room refurbished. She couldn’t remember why off the top of her head, although she could remember the workmen coming in to lay the carpet and hang the wallpaper. They had suffered unmercifully from the attentions of the girls ... women she corrected herself, the women in the work room. There had been some furniture delivered as well. She really should have a look at it when she got back, make sure they had done a decent job. Mike was inclined to be a bit lenient.

Now what was she going to buy, and what was she going to wear back to the office? The boutique salesgirl had cleverly talked her in to trying on a short black leather miniskirt and Beverly really liked it, so that was a given. She had also picked out a white lace top but leather & lace might be a bit too tarty. So it was the white satin blouse, a size smaller than she normally wore, a bit snug but she had a good figure so she could get away with it.

Stepping out of the changing room and up to the counter she paid for the skirt, blouse and top with the company credit card. Mike had suggested it, and it made sense since it was work clothes. On a last second whim she threw in a pair of stockings and two sets of black lace panties as well. It was a bit naughty but she figured Mike wouldn’t know the difference when the statement came.

She practically strutted back to work, the cool wind playing upon her nipples, making noticeable points in the firm fabric of her blouse. She almost felt that she should wear something with the company logo on it to cash in on all the attention she was getting.

But back in the work room her good mood suddenly left her. As good as she looked, Beverly felt clearly out classed by Shirley. The girl was wearing a black velvet strapless minidress, thigh boots with spike heels and black lace fingerless gloves. To make it even more ostentatious she had a silver chain link belt cinching in her youthful waist and a black choker that set off her swan like neck and pale complexion. She looked spectacular and Beverly barely choked back her indignation.

“Shirley, I don’t mind you getting changed at work so you can go clubbing, but could you at least wait until clocking off time.”

“But Ms Craly, this is my company uniform,” Shirley replied with complete candour, seemingly unaware of the envy she was evoking in her boss.

“What? Oh.” Damn! thought Beverly, she had been shown up again, no—she had shown herself up. Why was she being so silly, Shirley was just being a good employee. But the uniform, that didn’t make sense. Maybe there had been a mixup in the delivery, she would have to see Mike.

“Sorry,” Beverly muttered, then louder and without any irony, “Its very nice.”

“Thank you, Ms Craly,” Shirley replied and then hurried off to her machine to get back to work.

Beverly found Mike in his office rubbing his neck.

“Are you all right?” she had to ask, it made her uncomfortable to think he might be in pain.

“S’okay Bev ... Ms Craly. Just a stiff neck. Too much time playing Assassin’s Reach last night.” he replied as he gave his neck a last rub and straightened up in his seat.

Beverly tutted, much like her mother had done when she was a child, and moved over behind him. “Just relax,” she said as she began to massage his neck and shoulders. “And you can call me Beverly, just not Bev—I hate that.” Funny, she thought, not long ago the only reason she would have put her hands on his neck would have been to strangle him.

“Oh, thanks, Beverly. That feels great,” Mike sighed as he let her work the kinks out of his neck. And Beverly forgot all about why she had come to see him.

* * *

Beverly looked up from her paperwork as she heard the hush of machines and garble of voices from the work room that always heralded the return of one of the girls from a client meeting. Knowing she wouldn’t be able to get anything done until they had settled in again, Beverly got up and went out to see who it was.

It was Debbie and Beverly realised she hadn’t seen the senior machinist since her uniform had arrived. She was slightly surprised to see that it appeared to be a nurse’s tunic, complete with a small starched cap, apron and a watch pinned to the bosom. An ample bosom, Beverly noted, with more than a little cleavage showing in the low vee of the neckline. It was a good fit though, it showed off Debbie’s figure to perfection although the hem needed to be a bit longer as you could just make out the tops of her white stockings as she walked.

“Oh Debbie, I see you’re back,” Beverly put in before the other women could start gossiping, “You had a meeting with a medical firm, didn’t you? How do you think it went?”

Debbie giggled, somewhat incongruous for a middle aged woman. “Fab, had to help them with a bit of unsightly swelling, but purely for medicinal purposes of course.” All around her there were titters and whistles from her co-workers until Beverly’s cold stare silenced them.

“Anyway,” Debbie went on, “I figured I might go and see if Mike needs some ... stress relief.”

“No! You will not!” Beverly almost shouted and her angry glare was enough to cow Debbie into retreating to her machine.

Head held high, Beverly strode towards Mike’s office. It was her uniform, Beverly decided, that gave her the added confidence and authority to bring the girls in to line. In his office she found Mike on the telephone and waited demurely by the door until he had finished. At last he hung up and seemed surprised to see her standing there.

“Something you want ... I mean—hello Beverly. Is there something I can do for you?”

Beverly almost giggled but held on to her composure by force of will. “Sorry, I seem to have totally forgotten why I’m here, isn’t that silly of me?”

“That’s okay,” Mike replied with a genuine smile. “I was just about to come and see you anyway. I have a small favour to ask.”

Beverly resisted the temptation to say yes immediately, but only just. Instead she nodded for him to go on.

“You remember my mate from ‘tech, the one who put in the sound system? Well he’s got four tickets to a concert tonight and I was hoping that you, if you’re not busy or anything, could join us.”

“Um,” Beverly still felt that temptation to say yes, but she wasn’t so sure that she should go on what could well be construed as a date with the boss. She fidgeted as she tried to come up with a response.

“Shirley’s already agreed, so she’ll be our fourth,” Mike put in helpfully.

That swung it, there was no way Beverly was going to let Shirley have a free run at Mike. “Okay, I’d love to come.”

“Great,” Mike replied with a big grin. “Just so you don’t go in blind, I should warn you that its a bit punky and they don’t let you in if you’re not appropriately turned out. Nothing extreme,” he went on to assure her, “just not a suit and tie type of place. If you’re interested I’ve got some photo’s which might give you a better idea.”

Beverly took the photographs and even her slight shock at seeing some of the outrageous clothes and hairstyles of the clubbers wasn’t going to put her off. She tried to smile casually to show that she wasn’t intimidated by the prospect.

“What time?” she asked.

“We could leave from here,” Mike suggested.

“No,” Beverly responded much too quickly, the last thing she wanted was for the staff to know and completely forgot that Shirley was going to be there. “I mean I’ll need a bit of time to get ready. How about I meet you there at 7 pm.”

“Okay, sure,” Mike replied casually.

“I’ll see you there then,” Beverly said and quickly retreated from his office before he noticed that she was trembling. She felt so excited, like her first date in high school. She was going to have to get something to wear, and without another thought she picked up her purse and headed out to do some shopping.

She knew none of her usual shops would provide what she needed, so she headed into a different part of town and quickly located a number of garish boutiques that fit the bill. The sales staff weren’t at all surprised to have someone so corporate looking come into their store, a lot of young executives experimented to make up for their dreary lives and Beverly quickly had the clothes for a completely new look. She didn’t experience her first doubts until she was home, but it took just the recollection that Shirley would be there as well to convince her that she had to go all out. Shirley was younger and prettier but Beverly was going to prove that she had the style.

* * *

Beverly spotted Mike first, he was wearing black boots, jeans and leather jacket, his hair slicked back and a single large feathered earring. The man next to him, similarly dressed, she took to be Craig. And then Beverly saw Shirley. The girl was wearing white stiletto heeled ankle boots, fishnet stockings, red leather minidress and a short rabbit fur jacket. She had spiked her hair and overdone her makeup but little more and Beverly swelled with confidence.

She got an even bigger boost when she managed to walk right up to Mike without him recognising her even though he was obviously looking around for her. His reaction when he finally clicked was classic—for Beverly was a sight from top to toe, black velvet knee boots with spike heels, black seamed stockings that ran up to garters starkly visible against her pale skin, it was another two inches of leg before the hem of her purple satin mini and even that was slit up the sides past her hips. Her midrift was bare, her breasts and neck covered by a shortened lace halter top and black lace gloves on her otherwise bare arms. The crowning touch was the vivid blues and purples of her lipstick and eyeshadow, and a lavender plume through the centre of her teased out hair.

“Oh man!” was all Mike could manage, his mate couldn’t even speak, his eyes locked on Beverly’s legs. Shirley handled it better;

“Wow! You look fantastic, Ms Craly!” she gushed with absolute sincerity.

“Thanks,” Beverly felt a warm tingle from the compliment, and the stares of the two men. “But call me Bev, we’re on a date, not at work.”

“Okay ... Bev.” Then Shirley giggled, “Come on boys, retract tongues so we can go in.”

Beverly and Shirley linked arms, and Mike and Craig moved in quickly to take the ends. As they strode towards the club Beverly noted that strangely enough she wasn’t jealous of Shirley any more, nor was the girl jealous of her. She wasn’t sure she could say the same of the boys however.

* * *

Beverly didn’t crawl out of bed until late the next afternoon and even then she still felt tired. It had been an amazing night, she couldn’t remember when she had last enjoyed herself so much. They had talked, they had danced—an event in itself. She had tried to share her time between Mike and Craig but knew she had deliberately favoured Mike. That had caused an argument at one point, which she had solved by dancing with Shirley instead. That had been popular, they had even kissed to make the boys jealous.

But all good things have to come to an end and they had staggered home around 4 am. Beverly had intended to invite Mike in for a coffee but they were all too tired by then. It was nice of Mike to tell her and Shirley to take the day off. It also gave her more time to do something with her hair, she thought ruefully as she caught sight of herself in a mirror. It had been worth it though, to be able to prove to Mike that she could dress to the occasion.

On the subject of dress, she was feeling distinctly short of clothes. Proper clothes anyway. She seemed to have accumulated a horde of boring underwear, bland tops and unflattering trousers over the years, to the point that her wardrobe and drawers seemed to be filled with them. She would have to do something about it and as the shops would be open late that night, there was no time like the present. It would also give her a chance to do something about her hair, it would need to be died back to one colour. Raven black perhaps? She had always wanted to try it.

A quick cup of coffee and she decided she could clear out her old clothes later, now it was time to shop.

* * *

Beverly was positively excited as she walked through the work room the next morning, her easy gait belying the four inch heels she was wearing or the tightness of her short black skirt. The matching jacket clung to her well shaped body, her breasts swelling between the lapels of the low cut neckline. The shop assistant who had sold it to her had suggested that she wear a blouse with it but Beverly thought that was silly—how would people see the black lace of her camisole. Her hair, like the outfit, was jet black.

Few of the girls would be in yet, Noreen was with a client while Debbie and Cath had been shifted to later starting hours as their meetings often went in to the evening. However only Shirley was there and that concerned Beverly for a moment.

“Have Gena and Linsey come in yet?” Beverly asked.

“Oh, Ms Craly, I didn’t recognise you for a moment. You look fantastic.” Shirley replied with a bit of a start as she realised who the exotic woman was.

“Thanks, I like your outfit too. Red suits you. And call me Beverly, Ms Craly is getting a bit old.”

Shirley blushed modestly at the praise for her red latex jumpsuit, then remembered Beverly’s original question. “Gena is in the private suite with a new client and Linsey’s uniform arrived this morning so she’s showing it to Mike.”

At that moment the door to Mike’s office open and a petite figure in white knee socks, dark grey pleated skirt, white blouse, red tie and blazer stepped out. With her glasses and her hair in pigtails it was hard to think that Linsey was eighteen.

“Oh hello Linsey,” Beverly called out to her as she made her way towards Mike’s office. “You look very pretty.”

“Thank you Ms Craly,” Linsey replied in a very quiet and demure voice, her hands clasped shyly in front of her as she made her way towards her machine.

That was a bit of a coup, Beverly thought as she gave the girl a friendly smile before knocking and entering Mike’s office. The contract for making a local school uniform would be good money. She was so glad Mike was in charge, he had so many more ideas than she did.

Mike was looking a bit uncomfortable, shifting uneasily behind his desk while trying to put on a polite smile for Beverly. She worried for a moment that he might be ill, then as she moved in closer she realised what his problem was by the bulge in the crotch of his trousers.

“Here,” she said in a quite matter of fact voice, “Let me take care of that.”

You could have knocked Mike out of his chair with a feather when Beverly kneeled down in front of him and undid his trousers to take his erect cock into her mouth.

* * *

Beverly stepped out of Mike’s office feeling quite pleased with herself. She had solved a problem for him, it would have been impossible for him to meet clients in the condition she had found him in, and she had enjoyed doing it. He really was the most amazing boss.

What should she do now, she wondered. There really wasn’t much point going back to her office as she was well ahead of the paperwork. Then she remembered the stock room, or the private suite as it was now called. She really should see how it had turned out.

With a quick greeting to Cath who had just arrived, Beverly went through into what had been the stock room. The old rolls of material, spare parts for the sewing machines and broken benches were gone, replaced by a tasteful dark red carpet and subdued lighting. She was quite impressed with the workmanship, the area had even been subdivided with two smaller rooms.

The door to the first was open and Beverly looked in to see that it was well furnished with a double bed, mirrors and two standing closets. The satin sheets and heart shaped pillows seemed a bit much though.

The door to the second room was closed and Beverly was about to open it when she remembered that Gena might be in there with a client, so instead she very carefully opened the small viewing slot in the door.

And almost cried out in alarm, for in the room was a near naked woman strapped to what looked like a vaulting horse and a black clad figure wielding a riding crop that she brought down hard on the bound woman’s buttocks. It took Beverly several moments to recognise that it was Gena in the skin tight all-encompassing black leather outfit.

Beverly staggered back from the door, the light of realisation finally dawning on her—why all the staff had different uniforms, why they all had special clients that they liaised with instead of her, why there was so much money coming in even though they had barely shipped anything in the last month. Mike had turned Addax Apparel into a brothel!

Beverly smiled. Diversifying! How clever of him. He really did have a head for business.

* * *

“So, its everything I promised?” Craig asked, rhetorically for all intents and purposes.

“Yeah, everything,” Mike replied strongly. “Man, I still can’t believe that you got that subliminal music thing working.”

Craig laughed as he took another swig of his beer. “Yeah, well I had enough volunteers willing to pay to try out the beta versions so that I could work out the bugs.”

“On that topic, how is Vince?” Mike inquired.

“Back on solid food last I heard. I tuned down the sexual arousal aspect after his experience.”

“Poor Vince, sort of. Thanks to his sacrifice we’re in clover. Who would have thought that men would pay so much for a bit of theme sex.”

“Anybody who runs a phone sex line. So how’s it working out with Bev?”

“Good.” Mike replied. “She won’t let any of the girls have sex with me unless she’s there to keep an eye on things but otherwise it couldn’t be better. She really gets off on running the place and thinks I’m the greatest thing since sliced bread.”

“You’ve had the hots for her since day one haven’t you,” Craig laughed. “Any regrets?”

“What for? She’s happy, I’m happy and we’re getting rich.”

* * *

Beverly looked around the work room with pride. The machines didn’t get much use any more, just for the occasional repair or specialist order, but they served as a suitable front for the taxes. The gentle ringing of a bell brought her attention to the arrival of their latest client. She quickly checked her uniform was in place, her breasts had a habit of spilling over the low top of her basque and she felt it spoilt her professional image when that happened. It was also so important that the garters to her stockings were taut and that her seams were straight. It wasn’t much to do, she wasn’t wearing anything else.

With a genuine smile on her face, Bev trotted over to the door. Image and attitude was so important when you were first point of contact with the clients. She rarely liaised with them herself, most had very specific requirements, but she occasionally filled in when they were booked up. She had even created her own speciality, teaming up with Shirley when a client requested the Two Tarts package. She had trialed it with Mike, just to show him it was workable. She knew he liked it, even if he had insisted upon testing it every couple of days.