The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“The Odyssey”

by ThatSquickGuy ()

Chapter 3

Part 2: Gathering Storm

Half an hour ago. Elizabeth was glad to get into the environmental suit. She shut off the comm to Lucy’s suit and enjoyed the almost peace and quiet. In the background, she could still hear the muffled sound of Lucy asking why they needed to keep anything they found from the Captain. Now she wished it was a longer walk to shuttle bay from the equipment room. The relative quiet was so nice. They moved past a guard, (Elizabeth flashed her Federation ID and got them through), through the clean room and into the hanger where Grace was pulling a piece off the side of the alien spaceship chunk. All the while Lucy was still talking.

“Grace!”

Elizabeth could still hear it! Why?!

“Lucy!” Grace walked over and playfully held Lucy back as she tried in vain to hug her through the suit.

“Ensign Stamper, we’ve come to hear your report so far.” Elizabeth got right to business.

“Grace.” She said, extending her hand which was quickly taken by Elizabeth. “Nice to finally meet you Ms. Dewitt. I’ve heard a lot about you from Lucy.” Grace looked Elizabeth over. She wondered why this, of all things, would bring out ‘the Federation’s finest diplomat.’ “The Captain send you down?”

“No. I’m just gathering information for my report on this incident to the Federation.”

“And you wanted to do it in person?” Grace chuckled. “You could’ve waited for what the Captain would have given you.”

“I like to get my own hands dirty from time to time.” Elizabeth smiled her best smile.

“Alright. I haven’t had much time, but it looks like May was right. This ship did suffer a catastrophic failure of its hyperdrive. I’m not really an engineer, but I can tell from the scorching on this side that it was torn from the ship as it fell to sub-luminal velocities. I’m a metallurgist, I can tell you more about the materials than how this ship worked.”

“Did the cause of the failure come from inside or outside the ship?”

“I don’t know yet. It…” Grace turned around. Lucy was over at the ship piece digging through the wiring in the exposed section Grace had made. She was almost up to her shoulder reaching for something. “Lucy! I’m cataloging all that!” Grace ran over and pulled Lucy away. As she did, a small piece came out with Lucy’s hand.

“Thanks!” Lucy smiled and connected the piece to the scanner she a taken from the table next to Grace’s work spot. “I was trying to get that out.”

“Now all my work is wrecked! What are you doing?!”

Elizabeth saw that Grace had been carefully laying out the components next to the ship piece. She must be trying to determine which species the ship had come from.

“Well… I was following that wire there and saw it connect to that junction there and knew it must lead to a small data core. So… I just had to get it out.” Lucy smiled helpfully.

“Just tell me you didn’t damage it.” Grace tried to cover her face with her hand, but her helmet got in the way.

“It was already damaged, but now we have something to work on.” Lucy’s scanner beeped. “Oh! I got something!” Lucy quickly looked over the information. Elizabeth finally reactivated her comm to Lucy’s suit. This could be useful.

“It looks like the ship was attempting a long-range jump when something interrupted the process mid-warm up.”

“You can read that alien data?” Elizabeth asked. Lucy was proving to be valuable.

“Sure. There’s only so many ways a hyperdrive can work. The data is basically the same. The translator did most of the work on the words. It’s still a little gibberish though.” She was still staring at her screen.

“How did you know that there might be something about the hyperdrive in this piece?” Elizabeth gestured towards the ship chunk.

“Well…” Lucy thought for a second. “This piece clearly came from the back of the ship otherwise it would have taken more of a beating when the ship fell out of hyperspace. Most ships have extra data cores as backups around the hyperdrive, just as safeties, and when I saw the side open everything just seemed to click for me.” She went back to combing through the information.

“That’s Lucy for you.” Grace smiled a little at Elizabeth. “Get her around any machine and she’ll either tear it apart or put it back together. Depending on its condition.”

“What could have interrupted the ship’s hyperspace jump?” Elizabeth questioned.

“Not what. Who.” Lucy looked surprised. “It looks like someone reprogrammed the ship’s hyperdrive to shut down just as it reached super-luminal speed.”

“I didn’t think that was possible.” Elizabeth’s brow furrowed.

“It’s not supposed to be. I don’t know exactly how they bypassed their safeties, but that’s the last command in here. The ship tried to slow down, but it couldn’t take the stress of entering normal space without any hyperdrive to cushion the blow.”

“Someone deliberately destroyed that ship? Why?” Elizabeth demanded.

“I don’t know. This data core only holds the last few commands the ship had. Maybe we could find another piece with a bigger memory bank!” Lucy’s eyes brightened as she thought about being able to take apart another ship.

“Was there any way someone could have survived?” Grace asked.

“There wouldn’t have been time. There’s no way anything could take that impact and survive.” Lucy replied, sadly.

“We need to let the Captain know it’s safe to leave the system.” Grace said. “If it was destroyed internally we don’t need to worry about our ship exploding as we leave.”

“Wait.” Elizabeth commanded as Lucy and Grace turned to leave. “We need to keep this to ourselves.”

“What?!” They both exclaimed.

“We can tell the Captain the ship was destroyed from within, but let’s keep the precise method to ourselves.” She said firmly.

“Why?” Grace demanded.

“As chief liaison to the Federation High Council, I’m ordering you to withhold this detail from your explanation and reports.”

“You didn’t answer my question.” Grace scowled at Elizabeth. Lucy looked quietly back and forth between the two.

“This is now a security matter for the Federation. This information could be used to compromise all ships using hyperspace. Ensign, you will turn over that data core and scanner to me.” Elizabeth held out her hand to Lucy.

Lucy looked at Grace who was still glaring at Elizabeth. Then she looked at the commanding face of Elizabeth and meekly handed the scanner and core over. “Here.”

“Fine, I’ll report this information to the Captain. You’re welcome to tag along to make sure I only say what you want.” Grace spun around and marched away.

“You really shouldn’t have made her mad. She hates politicians.” Lucy said as she turned and quickly tried to catch up with Grace. “Grace!”

As they all got out of their suits in the clean room, Grace wouldn’t even look in Elizabeth’s direction. Grace quickly pulled her uniform up over the catsuit she was wearing. It’s tightness, enhanced the outline of her impressive bust. She straightened out her shoulder-length, brown hair and set off for the Captain quarters.

“Grace! Wait!” Lucy bounded after her when she got redressed.

A few minutes later, they were all standing outside the Captain’s room. They were surprised as May answered the door. Elizabeth quickly noticed that Marybeth was there too. She and the Captain were very close together when the door opened. There seemed to be some weird smell in the air. Elizabeth noted it, but quickly brushed it off.

“Thank you very much. You’re dismissed.” The Captain said. It almost had looked like she’d been kissing Marybeth. Elizabeth wondered what was going on as May and Marybeth quickly left. “So, what have you come to report Ensign Stamper?” She resumed her seat.

“We’ve discovered that the cause of the alien ships’ destruction was from… internal problems, Ma’am.” Grace shot Elizabeth an annoyed sideways look.

“Really? What caused these problems?”

“We…” Grace paused for a second. Then she made up her mind and sighed. “don’t.. know.” She wasn’t even sure why she did it, but she had a weird feeling all of a sudden. She rocked in place as she felt a little light headed.

Before the Captain could ask her more questions, Elizabeth cut in. “Why were Ensigns Hutchison and Maxwell in here, Captain?”

“I was asking them to prepare the crew and ship for another trip down to the planet.”

Lucy and Grace looked at each other.

“Why?” Elizabeth was instantly suspicious.

“This slime has quite amazing properties and I thought we could transport more back for study during the rest of our survey. And, until you brought this information to my attention, I thought we were going to be forced to remain in orbit for some time.”

“We can leave the system now, Captain. The Federation can handle the inquiry into the slime. We’ve done our part in collecting a sample.” Elizabeth continued, annoyed.

“I am aware of that, but we can also assist in their research, Ms. DeWitt. And as you said yourself that this slime could be very interesting to the Federation.” The Captain took on a more threatening tone. “Please remember you are here as an observer, not an administrator.” She smiled as she said it but the words lacked any mirth. “Return to your stations Ensigns.”

“Yes, Ma’am.” They replied. They left with one last glance back at Elizabeth.

“Ms. DeWitt, you are welcome to observe from the bridge as the team departs for the planet.”

“Yes, Captain. Thank you.” Elizabeth showed herself out.

As she left, Elizabeth felt like it was more than just the Captain watching her. She was glad when the door slid closed behind her. Something was wrong here, and this planet was at the center of it. She needed to know if anything else could be learned from the data core she had hidden in her pocket. It was the key she had been looking for. She glanced out the cockpit window at the blue planet below. Not a cloud in sight. But maybe this was just the calm before the storm.

* * *

Master was pleased! She was playing her part so well. Behind her desk, Janehost shuddered in an orgasm. She was such a good Host. Such an obedient Host. She would help the Hive spread. All of her crew would join the Hive. That thought made her cum again. She would bring the Masters to the Federation, then everyone else. She moaned again. Everything was going according to plan. Soon there would be more Masters…