The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Olivia’s House

Chapter 16 — Another New Friend, and Puzzle Solving

HUNTTS, as it turned out, stands for Harman University Nature Trail (jogging) and Tracking Society. I wasn’t surprised at the parentheses; HUNTJTS would have been so much harder to pronounce. They could just as well have called it the running club, or the orienteering club, but that wouldn’t have given them a memorable acronym. Most people at the meeting seemed to be calling it the Orienteering Club anyway.

The first meeting of the new year was in Oscar Quad, a small courtyard at the back of one of the many science lab buildings. The quad was lined with rough granite paving, broken up by a labyrinth of flowering borders, dotted with trees, and seats that seemed to be woven from roughly cut branches. We sat around the benches filling in the membership forms, as only about half the group had managed to get the paperwork done in advance. I sat next to Jules and tried to get a look at their form without being too obvious about it. I guess I wasn’t as surreptitious as I thought, though, because they turned to give me a slow, deliberate wink before asking the girl who was collecting the forms: “Do we have to put our full names on these?”

“Oh, no,” she grinned, “You can give us a nickname if you want. The college uses this central system now, where as long as you give your college card number they can use that to make sure you’re a student for insurance purposes and everything. Just put the name you want us to call you.”

It seemed like ages now that I’d known Jules’s mind held an interesting post-hypnotic suggestion, and if I wanted no-strings sex all I needed to do was say their full name. But I already knew that “JULES” in neat block capitals at the top of the form wasn’t the answer I needed. I stuck out my tongue, childishly conceding defeat, and turned back to my own form. I looked up again, hoping not to be noticed this time, as I waited for Jules to pull out their college card and transcribe the 21-digit number. No such luck, I realised: the card didn’t actually have your name on in any human-readable form.

“Are you okay?” a voice jerked me out of my reverie. It was the girl who’d been walking around collecting forms. I hadn’t quite caught her name. She was way taller than me, and slim too, but with the kind of curvy figure that you get from exercising lots rather than sticking to some impossible diet. I guessed I might end up looking a bit better, if sports clubs became one of the main social events in my life. It had certainly worked for Alex, who had put her appearance down to plenty of exertion on the rugby field over the past two years.

“Yeah, I got this done,” I handed over the membership form. I’d done most of it in advance, even if I had come close to forgetting it when I set out today.

“Thanks, Olivia,” she said it so smoothly that I might not have noticed her eyes dart down to the form for less than a heartbeat. “I’m Penny. I hope we’ll get a chance to know each other. If there’s anything you need help with today, just ask.” She bustled away, presumably to do whatever they have to do with those forms. I found myself watching her ass as she strode off. She’d probably get a lot of exercise in the indoor months too, if she wanted to. I could see all the guys going wild over a body like that.

The two guys who were helping her with the forms just didn’t seem to notice, though. They didn’t even stare at her gorgeously toned legs as they chatted, despite the unseasonal short shorts. I wondered if she’d rejected them before, or they already knew she was with someone, or something. Maybe she wasn’t into guys at all, I could certainly understand that.

“See something you like?” This time it was Jules’s turn to startle me, “You’ve got a grin like a cheshire cat.” I wanted to deny it, but I really couldn’t. I was smiling like a fool, just because this girl had a nice ass. I could fantasise that when she said she wanted to get to know each other better, she was meaning something else. But I knew that in reality, she was just being friendly. I realised with a surprise that I was seeing people around me as sex objects again, and that was a throwback to someone I didn’t want to be any more. Before I forgot, and while Jules gave the impression they found my mysterious actions as irritatingly enticing as I considered theirs, I sent a text message to Jim asking him to plant a helpful suggestion in my mind.

It wasn’t that I had a problem with sleeping around. I didn’t see anything wrong with sex or attraction, so it took me quite a while to find the right words for what I wanted to say. I loved Alex and Jim, and more than that, I was in love with them. I couldn’t bear the thought of anything bad ever happening to them, and I’m sure they thought the same about me. I knew they wouldn’t mind if I wanted to fuck somebody else, either, as long as I wasn’t putting myself at risk. But that’s what the difference was, I eventually realised. If I got talking to Penny and found out she was into girls, what would I do then? Would I show her some amazing, mind blowing kinky sex? Or would I let myself fall in love with her as well? I was still getting used to being in a relationship with more than one person, but I could already see that there were problems ahead if I kept on that way.

As much as I might like to fantasise, I knew that I couldn’t go beyond that too many times. Jim and Alex had given me everything I could ask, and they treated me like making me happy was the only thing that mattered in the world. I couldn’t take advantage of that, and I couldn’t forget how special it was. So I might like to get with someone else for the sake of a little variety, and I’m sure they’d be happy for me. But I had to draw the line somewhere if I didn’t want to end up neglecting the people who really mattered to me while I looked elsewhere for new thrills.

Dont want to spred myself 2 thin. I laboriously tapped the text into my phone, frustrated by how long it took to do anything on the little numbered keys. Can you make me so I wont get intrested in any1 else xept Jules for a bit? I knew I could have phrased it a little clearer, but I wanted to get that request across before I forgot. I could still be friends with Penny, and if she was interested I’d tell her about our weird relationship status, but now I’d decided nothing would happen beyond that unless the hot girl started hitting on me.

“You’re so eager to figure out my name,” Jules said thoughtfully, as if I hadn’t just ignored them to type on my phone for ten minutes, “I’ll give you a clue. If you need it, of course. Beat me back to the bar after this trail run they’re talking about, and maybe I’ll just give you a couple of letters.”

“You’re on!” I grinned, and all worries about fancying so many different people slipped to the back of my mind. Maybe part of the reason I threw myself into this jogging challenge so eagerly was that I knew Master’s changes to my mind were always more fun if I wasn’t expecting them at the time, or maybe it was just chance that made me forget what I’d asked for, but either way I could have fun challenging Jules without having to worry about any of that stuff any more.

* * *

“This afternoon, we’ll do a short one just to get you in the mood,” Penny had said. I wasn’t sure if that was an intentional double entendre, if she was flirting with some of the newbies, or if that was just wishful thinking on my part. I did quickly learn that we had quite different definitions of ‘short’. It wasn’t that I was unfit, although I hadn’t actually been out running for something like three weeks, but this kind of challenge was a new one on me.

The College campus was right on the edge of the city, a break in the ring of suburban mundanity, so once we followed the main path to the south end of campus we were on a quiet country road. One of the more experienced students explained that the only time cars came this way was the few students who lived in rural villages to the south of campus, so it was usually safe to walk or jog this way. We stayed together as a group, though, until we reached the edge of the woodlands. It was a surprisingly large green space, and I made a mental note to remember this was here in case I wanted to go walking in the summer. It was just the kind of secluded place to have some outdoor fun without too much chance of meeting anyone else. There was a sign bearing the logo of the Harman City Parks and Gardens Committee, but it was weathered and faded to the point that the map was just shades of pale blue and the name engraved at the top of the sign was almost illegible.

In what had once been a car park, the floor lined with bark chips and sand, Penny and her three subordinates handed out sheets of instructions for the afternoon’s run. They weren’t too straightforward, though, including directions such as “At the fork, take the path with the purple flowers.” I guess it was a competition of both jogging and navigation, which I thought was pretty interesting. The obvious advantage to this method was that unless you knew the area really, really well, you wouldn’t be able to cut off any corners. The club members would never have to give up on the activity to act as route marshals or anything like that. I was a little less confident in my ability to beat Jules now; my lateral thinking was certainly a lot weaker than my jogging.

Only one instruction caused me confusion, though it sounded easy enough at the time. It said “head towards the town centre,” although I was still in the woods at that point. There were half a dozen people ahead, all strong runners, but by the time I reached this junction they were far enough distant to be shapes in the trees, so I couldn’t tell from their position which path was the right one. I thought quickly, knowing we were a good distance south of the city. So they were just telling us to go north, which was simple enough. I turned until the sun was right behind me, and headed on down that path.

Fifteen minutes and a few turns later, I realised I was lost. The instructions said to take the path out of the forest under the archway, but what had looked like a crossroads from the distance turned out to be a small clearing. All the paths except the one I’d come along were covered by knee-high bracken. I could have charged through it, wearing sweat pants would protect my legs from any thorns as well as keeping them warm. But I hadn’t been at the front of the group, and I would have been able to see if someone else had done the same. Either the people in the lead had gone the wrong way, or I’d made a mistake somewhere along the route. I sat down on the stump of a felled tree, somewhat disappointed in losing my bet, but I had no hope of catching up now, if I didn’t even know where I’d gone wrong. How did you go about finding your way back on these things, once you’d made a mistake? I hadn’t even taken note of which way I’d come up to each junction, so I might not be able to retrace my steps if I’d tried. At least I had a pleasant grove with pleasant smelling flowers while I tried to work out what to do.

The crunch of dry, autumn leaves underfoot turned out to be Jules approaching at a brisk stride. “You figured out you made a mistake, then?” they offered, “I saw your footprints in the mud at that junction, and figured you were the type of girl who’d use the sun behind you rather than a proper compass, so I came to find you. Wouldn’t want to see you lost out here all on your own.”

“Wow, thanks,” I had to resist the urge to jump up and give them a bear hug, I was so relieved, “You’re giving up on our bet then? But where did I go wrong?”

“We’ve been heading roughly east since we came into the woods,” the answer was simple when you thought about it, “The town centre’s probably closer to northwest from here. And this late in the day, this late in the year, the sun’s setting in the southwest.” I shook my head, I should have realised that.

“I’ll help you get to where we should be now, but I’m not giving up on our little bet yet. You have to give me a head start once we’re out of the woods, right?” Jules raised an eyebrow, but I knew they weren’t that serious. “Hey, knowing how well you obey orders, I’m sure I could make you give me a chance.”

“You mean…”

“Well, why not? I’m as skilled as anyone, you know, and I’m pretty sure you like people messing around in your head. Jim wouldn’t mind, as long as I’m not taking advantage of you or doing anything improper. Just ensuring fair play, right?”

I hesitated for a moment. If they decided to take advantage of me right here, I’d be quite happy with it, and I knew my lovers wouldn’t mind. I was just so used to Jules playing hard to get that this shocked me into silence.

“Does that mean I have to call you ‘Master’?” I finally found my voice, “Or Mistress? Sir?”

“Oh no, I’m not really after a slave. My knowledge of hypnosis is probably enough to keep you to the rules, it’s amazing how the same tricks I’d use to make an obstructive computer behave can work on your brain, but I’m not the type to go for real dominance play. I like my games, though, so if that’s something that would interest you…” I nodded eagerly. The bet today, and the challenge of trying to find Jules’s name, I was already finding the challenge almost as much fun as the prize at the end.

“Though if you really need an honorific, you could maybe call me—” they suddenly paused for a moment. I wasn’t sure if it was a dramatic pause, of if Jules had second thoughts right before saying something. But they continued after just a beat, as infuriatingly, cheerfully enigmatic as ever: “You could call me ‘Your Highness’?”